Nikki Meets the Kendalls - part 4

Printer-friendly version
NikkiMeetsTheKendalls.png
Nikki Meets the Kendalls
Part 4

by Purple Dragon

Nicky's favourite place in the world was a small islet in the lake, where he could be the girl he really was without anyone around. until the Kendalls came.

 

As always, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

 
Nikki was sitting on top of a stone, within some trees, and out of sight. She had some earphones on and was listening to music at a somehow high volume, while she was reading a book. She did that often, it helped her not to think about stuff.

"Hi, girlfriend", said Alice, pressing the button to stop the music.

Nikki removed her earphones and looked at her. She wanted to say some nasty things to throw her away. Didn't she know he was a freak? A pervert? Her own mother had told him so. Alice was a nice girl, she didn't deserve nasty, but she wanted everyone to leave her alone.

Alice hugged her suddenly. "I missed you, Nikki".

Nikki's facade suddenly fell, she hugged back her friend and started to cry.
 
 
Nikki Meets the Kendalls - Part 4
 
"Where's Nikki?", asked little Emily to her sister Beth, who was still with James. "I wanted to say hi but she got out too fast"

"Shh,,,", said her sister, putting her finger over Emily's tiny mouth. "Alice is cheering her up. Do you want to go with them?"

"Yes!", exclaimed the little one enthusiastically.

"That way", she added, grinning, pointing towards where the other girls were, while winking an eye to James.

"Nikki! Nikki!", she run towards here the girls were. "Where have you been? I missed you!"

Beth didn't join them until later, and she was delighted watching them talking and laughing all together again.

Amy Kendall came a bit later.

"Honey, can we talk?", she said as she approached Nikki. She looked at her, and nodded with aprehension.

"I'm so sorry about what I said the other day. I wasn't thinking.I didn't know anything at all. Will you be able to forgive me?"

Nikki stared at her, still doubtful.

"I talked with Beth. I was stupid. I didn't want to hurt you and that's just what I did. I'm really ashamed. I know noe that you're a girl. I wish I was able to regain your trust somehow."

Nikki jumped into Amy's arms and she hugged her tenderly.

As soon as Beth told him that Nikki was in a better mood, Tom went to talk to her too. He found this girl, or boy, quite intriguing. She was sweet, one of the sweetest girls he new once you coud get through her thick protective armour. He still didn't know what to make of her, but she was funny and nice to be with. He had become a bit protective of her lately and had been worried during the last days.

~o~

Nikki had started to go back to the island after they hade made up with her and, although the trust had not been fuly restored yet, she had started to go back to the island with the Kendalls quite often. All of that ended suddenly the first time Alice brought Nikki's sister Samantha and her friends. As soon as Nikki heard them coming from the quay, she rushed out of his dress and into his own clothes before any of them could see her.

Alice and Samantha had started to become friends too. Samantha, Nikki's sister, was 14, just a bit older than Alice, and had a nice group of friends. They were pretty, very social and quite popular among their peers. It was quite a contrast with the self isolation that Nikki forced onto himself. It was quite obvious that Nikki wasn't comfortable among her sister and specially among her friends.

Amber, a tall brunette, smiled and waved hi to Nikki from afar as she saw her. Millie, a cute blonde, just gave Nikki a quick glance. Rose, a stunning redhead who was a bit ahead of the others in her development, didn't even look her way, and moved towards Tom. Sam followed suit.

Beth didn't have good vibes from this girl. The other ones seemed quite nice, but Rose just somehow didn't seem too nice. She couldn't say exactly what, but she didn't trust that girl. Unfortunately, she somehow seemed to lead the group. She would have to wait until some conflict might appear before having an opinion, though. Beth was certain thay you can learn more of a person when there's trouble than when things are going okay. Everybody seems to be nice when things are good, but it's in the bad times when they show their real face. And she had the feeling that they might not count on Rose unconditionally when she might get a better benefit from doing something else. Alice and Samantha were too young to realize that, but she knew better.

As soon as Samantha and her friends started to come to the island to spend some afternoons with Alice and Tom, Nikki stopped going. Tom didn't specially dislike the girls, but more often than not he used to get away with other friends. It was obvious that Rose liked Tom, and it was also equally obvious that Tom didn't want anything with her.

After some days, and when they were alone, Alice approached Samantha about her brother.

"Have you seen Nikki? We haven't seen him for days", she asked.

Sam shook her head. "No. I don't know much about his whereabouts. He usually keeps to himself, I don't really see him much."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you got along. At least you used to, as far as I've been told."

"Yes, but that was when we were kids. He has changed a lot since then. And me too."

"Why did you stopped doing things with each other? May I ask?"

"Well, he's a boy.. At our age is not cool to be carrying a boy with us. It was nice to have him around when I was a little girl, but now we need some space."

"Because he is a boy?"

"Well, yes. When we were little, it was always Julia, Amber, Nicky and me together. Then Julia's family moved like two years ago, and we started to hang out with Millie and Rose. Rose is a blast, and she knows how to handle boys. It has been great since she is with us. Nicky just doesn't fit in with us anymore."

"Oh, I see."

"And it's not just us. Mom says the same. He should make some friends of his own and, you know, play some sports with them, learn to be a bit more rough and stuff, like other boys do. He has to learn to be a man, otherwise he will become a sissy. Imagine having a sissy brother, it would be terrible. So it's much better for him too."

"Did your mom tell you that?"

"Not only her, Rose thinks that too!"

"And Millie and Amber?"

"No, they think he was happier when he was with us. In any case, it's he who doesn't even talk to us anymore. He didn't take it too well when we told him to leave us alone and that we didn't want a boy with us all the time, and then he stopped talking to us and started to avoid us, which was okay for us so we can ignore him too."

"And you don't miss him?"

Sam stopped, thoughtfully.

"Yes, I kind of miss him. I wish we didn't have to grow up and he wasn't so grumpy and quiet all the time. He was the loveliest bro when we were kids. We were inseparable, like twins. I kind of miss that. But as mom says, neither he nor I are little kids anymore."

Alice simply nodded, thinking whether Samantha's point of view would change or would still be the same if she knew that Nikki was a girl. She didn't say anything, though.

End of Part 4
 

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

obviously Samantha isn't very

obviously Samantha isn't very observant and is also a bit of a sheeple instead of thinking for herself

Rather like this build up,

Rather like this build up, because I do believe the other shoe is going to drop quite soon and Nikki will be out and about in all her radiant beauty to the amazement and/or consternation of her sister and parents. This is when Rose's underlying character traits will surface, or at least in my humble opinion they will, and not for the good either.

Was Samantha too ...

close to see things as Alice and the Kendalls do or was she intentionally insensitive?

A very important chapter.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Was Samantha too ...

close to see things as Alice and the Kendalls do or was she intentionally insensitive?

A very important chapter.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Rose is going to cause problems!!

Pamreed's picture

She already turmed Sam away from her brother. And if they knew Nikki was
really a girl they would be horrid to her!! This story is all too common.
Your family turns away from you when you come out!! It seems like the
Kendalls will be a better family for her. I also think that Tom will become
more then just a friend!!

Hugs,
Pamela