Arooo....11

Printer-friendly version

Arooo....11

Chapter 11

*Before…

The teens the gang kids he sent in first anointing them with the green light of the angel until it shone in them a little and they headed off to first draw the fire and face the defenders of this place.
The real fighters came next also anointed and braced for war.
“Kill every adult that defies us, be wary of sorcery and capture all that you can and bring them to…there to the auditorium.”
He waited and he could hear some fighting started in there and he could feel the wards being tripped and once the way was clear he nodded to his most loyal followers and headed in with the way safe and cleared for them.
A beatific smile started to spread over his face and he felt the dying starting to happen and he reached with the stone to pull them inside and feed his master…their savior.
More…they needed more and….they needed the children.

*And Now…

I’m getting more and more nerved up as we go with my mind playing out all of these things that might be going on.

I’ve been all over the world and I’ve seen some bloody shit and see things that I don’t want to ever see again.

And I know that I will be seeing it again.

I’ll be seeing it tonight.

I never want to see dead children.

There should be things, things that even in war that we just do not fucking do!

I’m crying.

Not bawling but I’m crying as we’re speeding through the city and soon hitting the highway.

Tim looks over at me. “Oy…you going to be alright?”

(Sniffle.) “Yeah…just it’s hitting me.”

“Not good to do that before hand y’know.”

“Sometimes yes and sometimes no, look I’ll be okay.”

“Y’sure?”

Justin looks up from what he’s doing and he’s…he’s got a sharpe yeah the marker and he’s drawing all sorts of bizarre arcane stuff on his forearms?

“Tim.”

“Yeah?”

“You ever see what happens when a woman is in a fight and she stops crying?”

He looks at Justin and he looks at me and then he goes. “Oh…”

Oh indeed bucko.

I look at Justin again and… (Sniffle-smile.) “Thanks…I kind of needed that.”

“Well it’s likely true, you might be crying Erica but that’s a damned hard look in your eyes.”

I nod. “Bad memories, bad expectations.”

He nods. “Not all my family does the magical stuff; we’ve lots of others who do all sorts of things and more than just a few in the police and in the forces.”

“It’d be nice to meet some of them sometime.”

“We get through this and it’s a deal I’ll throw one of those get togethers with the mobs of food you yanks like so well and invite the family.”

“You mean a barbeque?”

“Yes we can do one of those.”

Tim’s grousing. “Too much a waste of good meat if you ask me.”

Justin looks at him. “Who said that I’ll be inviting the likes of you?”

Tim’s… “Like’s of me, I’m the bloody king!”

Justin… “You’ll give my family fleas and mange…on second though you’re invited actually.”

It’s so that I have relatives that I would wish that on all with that dry warm and funny British way of making things it makes all of us laugh.

We needed that and then the driver kills the headlights.

It didn’t take as long as I thought it would to get here… but I can see out with my wolf’s nightvision the flashes of muzzle fire some at ground level and some at the air like bursts to herd people.

I get myself ready and the driver guns the engine getting us a shitload of speed before he kills the engines.

Tim’s on the radios. “Ready…get on the wings. Hatches open.”

I see people opening their doors and waiting until we’re there standing on the edge of the door openings and hanging onto the doors.

Tailgates opening and were’s in wolf state in the backs of the SUV’s.

I slip out and get perched on a door.

Justin’s looking at us. “Damned crazy wolves.”

I give him a grin but it’s not the one that I usually wear it’s that one that I have when a little bit of gallows humor and morbid sarcasm There’s sections of the gate-wall already down from these people but we stop short of the wall instead of going through and we rush out fast and quiet.

There are bodies of the cultists but there are more of the ganger kids some burned and some just dead without a trace but the reek of spells and magic having killed these kids is still going on.

I see one body of some damned poor street kid being pulled into an ant hill already dead.

They’re using these gang kids for fodder…and there’s something wrong with their bodies now too something very off…like…I don’t know until I see another one go down one of these punker ganger kids and this woman shoved a broom at him and some of the straws exploded out of it and shot into him as arrows or like stakes.

The lights go out of his eyes and I see this shimmer of something streak away towards the auditorium and not up…

It was greenish… like that damned hell rock thing.

Which means that it’s likely here… I pull my side arm as the broom lady is panting like the broom trick took a lot out of her and three of the biker Templar guys are turning our way with their MD-61’s and I squeeze off two rounds with a quick ffft…ffft from my browning and it’s silencer and I grab the lady and make for some shrubs and the cover and shadows that they offer.

Stealth is still best even when you’re coming in for that attack.

I watch the other wolves doing the same, hunting and stalking the prey is just to our natures as is an out and out assault. And a lot of these fellows are ex-military by the way that they move.

I see two Templars go down with two full form wolves running at them at a fast run from the shadows powered with pack link speeds and then this fast shift to warrior form…that’s the traditional lycan looking form and by that time a fast moving and super strong claw has taken the heads clean off their shoulders.

Others like me and Tim in demi form closing it with side arms and silencers combat knives.

I follow suit and I do the same pulling my combat knife as I look back at her.

“Hey you alright ma’am?”

I’m answered with her turning away and being sick. I’d hold her hair but right now I can’t do that.

It’s beyond messed up that I can smell and tell what was what in her stomach in between all of the vomit and acids and stuff.

I wait until she’s done and then I spare her a look. “Are you alright.”

She shakes her head no. “They, they’re killing us all.”

“No, not all, not yet they’re after the kids.”

“The children why?”

I look back to where the others are going to and I say. “They’re Templars, you know what they are?”

I sort of see her nod and she says. “Yes, the anti-majik and anti-supernatural arm of the church.”

“Not actually they’re more that into magic they’re into dark magic and they’re here to kill and sacrifice those kids to feed some nasty green glowing rock thing that they have to feed their master.”

“They’re master…they don’t have a…”

I cut her off. “They do and they aren’t what they’ve been saying that they are, they follow their master the fallen angel and general of hell Asmodeus.”

She heaves again. (Cough) “How…how do you know?”

“Because they’re been doing this in other parts of the world.”

“You’re American.”

“Yes I am and it doesn’t change things.”

“You’re a wolf.”

“Again it doesn’t change things.”

“I feel magic in you, that’s not right, that’s against the laws.”

“Hang the laws woman it’s adherence to other’s people’s bullshit that has them getting away with as much as they have been.”

I look at her and she’s staring at me like I’m a damned hound of the Baskervilles or something.”

“You’re her to stop them?”

“Yes and there’s going to be a battle getting in there if the nutjob priest mage whatever the hell is ready for Tim and the others.”

“Who?”

“The King here in England.”

“The King has been dead for a long time, you mean the queen.”

“I have no idea how Tim dresses when he’s in his off hours.”

She blinks…then she gets it.

“Bloody americans.”

I grin.

“Tim’s The King of the packs here.”

“Oh…oh that’s different then…”

“It is so now Professor McConnagel how do we get into the auditorium without going through the main doors.”

She purses her lips and she gives me the finger. “The name is Rose, and we can take the tunnels.”

“Well then Rose, we best get a move on because we’ve a maniac to stop and children to save. Best we get going.”

She wipes off her mouth and instead of looking like she’s going to be so scared that she’s going to run or faint she sort of does that whole get ahold of herself and straightens her clothes and does that whole stiff upper lip thing and grabs he broom and points.

“This way.”

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

stiff upper lip thing

even when its covered in vomit. on to the battle.
good chapter, thanks

Like the story alot. One of

Like the story alot. One of my favorite British phrases I heard used in a British WWII war movie is "muddling our way through to victory".