Riding Princess -Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version
    
Riding
Princess

By Maggie O’Malley

Chapter Two - Lost and Then Found

A woman goes to the mall in search of a DEPARTING gift for three special friends and ends up finding a very special one that gives her the ride of her life.

 
Chapter Two: Lost and Then Found
 
Molly began her treasure hunt in earnest once again and with renewed vigor. Going down a yet unexplored wing of the mall, she'd found several promising looking shops, but after nearly forty minutes of exploring and a couple of near misses, she’d walked away frustrated and empty handed.

“It’s got to be just the right gift,” she told herself. “And when I see it, I’ll just know it’s the perfect one.”

Molly returned to the center of the mall and started down another short corridor which looked promising at first, but after thirty more minutes of treasure hunting, she came up empty yet again. Sighing sadly, she turned the last unexplored corner and came face to face with every small child’s dream, a carousel. The magical musical machine was filled with happy children riding painted wooden steeds and squealing with delight.

The little girl within Molly lit up immediately, and the big girl found herself shuffling almost hypnotically toward the carousel. Suddenly she was literally knocked out of her trance, as a small child bounced into her. Molly looked down to see the smiling face of the same little girl she'd seen earlier. The imp managed a "cuse me", before bounding off toward the carousel again.

Her young parent's were right behind her. The father went to corral the wayward toddler while the mother stopped , smiling as she apologized to Molly. "I'm really sorry about that, but you know how little kids are when they see a carousel."

Molly smiled wistfully, accepting her apology then added, "Yes ... yes, I know exactly how they are."

The young mother took Molly’s response to mean she too was a mother, and innocently asked her if one of the children on the ride was hers.

Struggling to hold back the tears in hers eyes, Molly shook her head and politely made her exit, saying she had more shopping to do and needed to be off.

She immediately turned back to the direction she’d came and tried to put as much distance between her and the carousel as she could. The sound of music and children's laughter slowly faded but the effect of what she had seen and felt was still shaking her to her very soul.

She wandered past shops aimlessly now, tears welling in her eyes. She had to find some place to release the torrent that was about to cut loose.

Spying an exit door, she pushed the bar, and it opened up into a deserted corridor that led her by the back doors of several of the mall shops. She followed the winding path past several turns and then, when alone and sure she could go no further, slid down to the concrete floor and released her pain in sobs.

She rocked as her body trembled. If anyone had stepped out into that corridor, they’d have heard the whines and whimpers of a little girl, lost and crying for her mommy, her daddy, her big sister, and her chance to live.

After the worst of this round finally left Molly, she struggled to her feet. Her hands wiped away the last of the tears and a good portion of her make-up. The post-sob exhaustion began to overtake her, and she knew there was no point in continuing the mall hop. There was no treasure here, and there would be no last gift to send her family. There was nothing left for her now, but a bottle of pills and a final exit.

Checking her bus schedule, she figured she had about ten minutes until the next return bus left. Getting her second wind, she began retracing her steps down the winding corridor, but after a few minutes it was obvious that somehow she’d gotten lost. Of course it was no wonder she had, as she has been paying little or no attention to her surroundings when she first entered this back alley mall maze.

Chastising herself for simply acting like the sad and lost child she was, she turned round and started off in the other direction, looking for any open door, whether it was marked exit, or otherwise.

Ten minutes later her bus was leaving, but she was no closer to finding an exit door. Finally she had no choice but to suffer the humiliation of going in the back door of a business and explaining to them she had gotten lost, and would they terribly mind letting her pass through and into the mall again.

Molly tried several doors, one to a restaurant called Bob’s Café, another to a toy store called Jenna’s Jumping Jack Toys, and finally one for an establishment called, The Bear Market, but much to her frustration, none of the doors would open, and no one answered her knocks.

Finally she tried the last door in the corridor. Its nameplate was so worn that Molly could only make out the last few letters, “US”. Assuming the US stood for United States, she thought perhaps this might be a shop that sold patriotic memorabilia, or maybe even an actual government office.

She smiled softly as she rapped gently on the wooden door. It was so odd to see such an old style door in a state of the art mall. As with her previous efforts, no one answered her knock, but when she pulled the handle, she sighed in relief as the door gave.

Molly peeked in to what appeared to be a darkened storeroom. Wondering if she should announce her presence before entering, the decision was taken from her as a tiny bell overhead tinkled alerting anyone within earshot to her arrival. Molly smiled up at the shopkeeper’s bell, and wondered why anyone would put one on a back door surely used only for deliveries.

Without further thought, Molly slipped past the door and took a few steps, blindly making her way in the darkness. She hadn’t gone more than a few steps when her foot contacted something solid and she spilled to floor, grimacing when her left knee hit concrete. The sound of glass breaking nearby assaulted her ears and told her that she’d obviously taken something down with her. She cursed beneath her breath, hoping she hadn't broken anything expensive or that some gun toting owner wouldn’t think this lost kitten was really a cat burglar.

Molly was trying to scramble to her feet, when she was startled by a hand gently taking hers to help her up. Even though she was unable to see her rescuer clearly in the dark, she immediately began apologizing; assuring the shop owner she was not a thief, only a shopper who'd lost her way.

A voice, a man’s voice as soft and gentle as the hand that was now leading her toward a tiny sliver of light, cut her off and assured her he knew exactly who she was. “It’s alright my lost child, I know why you're here, and it's not to steal from me. Although I must say … most of my customers prefer to enter through the front door.” The last few words were added with a light chuckle to hopefully quiet the frightened woman’s fears.

Molly was immediately relieved to know she wasn’t going to have to face the police; (the last place any transsexual wants to be is thrown into the lockup at the county jail), however she still needed to make amends for whatever she’d broken and then inform the kindly shopowner that she really wasn't much interested in shopping any more.

As she saw a small lit opening ahead, she made a silent prayer that whatever it was she broke cost less than the eighty or so dollars she had in her purse. When she finally reached the opening, the man pulled back curtains leading to a dimly lit, very cluttered sales floor.

Molly quickly scanned the shop and found it contained shelves and cabinets well stocked with a wide variety of items. It reminded her a little of an old curiosity shop she used to browse called Prue’s Perusals. It was one of those places, that if you dug deep enough, you could probably find just about anything.

Molly noticed one row of items that reminded her of the magic and witchcraft tools she'd seen at a Wicca bookstore she’d once explored. Another row was well stocked with dust-covered antiques. Molly's heart sank as she imagined the sound she'd earlier thought was glass breaking, was probably a Ming dynasty vase with her luck.

A smile turned at Molly's lips and her eyes lit up as she spied a shelf full of porcelain china dolls. She wanted nothing more than to run over and hold one, but with her luck, she'd probably break one of them, too. Sighing, she turned away from the dolls and focused her thoughts on the merchandise she’d broken during her unauthorized entrance.

The shopkeeper patted Molly’s hand as he saw the distressed look on the woman’s face. “You needn’t worry Molly”, he said with a smile, “You only broke an old soda bottle, basically worthless these days, as they won’t even give you the deposit back anymore.”

Molly gave a relieved smile and then took her first real look at the man who’d lead her out of darkness. The gentle voice belonged to a gentle looking, if not strangely dressed old man. He was short and round with silver hair and soft blue eyes that smiled to match his grin, and curiously he seemed to be wearing of all things, something that most resembled a ratty looking old bathrobe.

Molly started to comment that she’d still being willing to pay him something for the destroyed item if he wanted, when it finally dawned on her that he’d called her by name. “Excuse me sir,” she asked meekly. “But … but do you know me?”

“Well of course I do, child.” The old man chuckled and nodded. “ You’re Molly the Meter Maid, a living legend of sorts on our city streets,” he added with a smile and wink.

Molly’s closed her eyes and sighed heavily. “Oh great!” she thought. “So THAT’S how he knows me. Just what I need, someone else I’ve ticketed, and probably with an axe to grind. Boy, did I ever pick the wrong door. I bet I’m going to end up paying a thousand times over for that one broken soda bottle.”

As Molly opened her eyes again, tears began to well, and her voice cracked with emotion from a speech she’d given far too many times. “Look sir, I don’t make the parking rules. I,…,I just enforce them. If,…,if,…,you've got a complaint about a parking ticket I gave you in your loading zone, then I’m really sorry, but,…,but you’ll just have to take it to court like everyone else. If you want file a complaint with my boss, please be my guest. I’ve probably got one of his cards here somewhere.”

Molly was instinctively reaching toward her shoulder bag when the old man chuckled and stopped her. “Slow down there, my little sassy lassie. There’s no need for all that child. You haven't written me a parking ticket, and considering the kind of merchandise I handle, I certainly don’t need a loading zone for my deliveries."

Molly pulled her hand back and sighed with relief, but the question still remained. ‘If he doesn’t know me from my ticket rounds, then … how?’

She gave the proprietor a bewildered stare he’d seen more times than Molly had given her, “I’m just doing my job” speech. At that point Molly asked her own personalized version of the question that everyone seems to ask when they wander into this particular shop. “But Sir, if I haven’t ticketed you, how could you have known I’m Molly the Meter Maid?”

In keeping with tradition, the old man pointed to a sign on the wall that usually silenced most all who asked. It read simply: Because I’m the Wizard. Don’t Ask.

Molly’s eyes went wide and her mouth soon joined them. She wanted to say something, but what on Earth, (if she was still there) could she possibly say to follow a statement like that. She'd spent her entire life hanging onto the hope that angels would come one day and magically transform her into a little girl. Now, only hours away from her scheduled departure, she found herself face to face with a self-proclaimed spell slinger.

She so desperately wanted to believe this little man was everything the sign promised he was, but her faith and hope had been beaten down by reality. She'd given up on that kind of magic when she’d given up on the angels coming to fix her. For all she truly knew, he was just an eccentric old man who had seen her patrolling her meter route and had heard the stories of the infamous “DRAGon Lady” as she had too often been called. In fact, if she wasn't careful she might still end up in jail before this was all over.

The wizard smiled up at the suddenly quiet, too thin woman with raccoon eyes from her obviously not sob-proof mascara. Taking her hand he patted it softly as he spoke. “Molly my child, I truly am a real wizard, you know, and I promise you that I’m not sending you to jail. You’ve been imprisoned far too long, little Kitten, and I might add, unjustly as well. You and your "family" deserve far more than life in a computer chatroom."

Molly’s knees got weak and she began feeling a bit dizzy. He’d not only read her very thoughts, and called her Kitten, Kitten being Molly's little girl nickname in the chatroom, but he even knew about her special family there. How could he possibly know about the little girl imprisoned within her, and her family in the chatroom?

She began to consider two possibilities. One, she had finally lost her mind and was more than likely still wandering around in that corridor, or two ... this man was truly who he said he was. She didn't much worry about the first possibility, as the folks from the mental hospital would come to collect her straight away, and she could spend the rest of life bouncing off rubber walls and being spoon-fed tapioca.

The second possibility was far more appealing, however. If she was really face to face with a wizard whose magic told him of the Kitten within, then he also had to know of the “Evil Beast” that timeshared her body and spewed forth her anger. He probably even knew of her plans for later that day.

Suddenly she felt very ashamed, ashamed of the Beast, ashamed of her inability to control it, and ashamed of the early exit she was planning. Even if this man truly had real magic at his disposal, he would never help the likes of her.

She felt the urge, the need to just turn tail and run ... run until she collapsed. Summoning up what little courage she had remaining she finally faced the mysterious man. "Sir ... or wizard if you prefer ... I ... I don't know how you could possibly know about these things … unless ... unless you really are some sort of wizard, so I do believe you, honest I do. B ... but ... if you know of the Kitten, then you must also know of ... of ..."

The seemingly all-knowing Wizard proved himself once again by finishing her sentence for her, "The Evil Beast? This terrible horrible creature you fear so?"

Molly nodded, too overwhelmed and too ashamed to speak.

The Wizard smiled sadly and shook his head. He looked deep into Molly's eyes, in to where the frightened and frustrated child lived. His voice was still gentle, but firmer. "Molly, there's no Evil Beast within you, at least no more than any other human carries. In fact, I’d say when it comes right down to it, you’re probably about 87% cuddly little kitten, 8% tired adult, and 5% pure pepperoni pizza.”

Molly giggled at the pizza reference, which only added to her 87% kitten, but she still wasn’t convinced the Evil Beast was a non-entity. She started to voice her objections, to tell him of the anger she vented daily on her ticket route, but the Wizard never gave her the chance. Placing his finger to his mouth he signaled her to silence. Molly stopped immediately and gave it.

"As I was saying, little one, you really are a little kitten, a gentle and loving creature, BUT ... even a kitten has claws and teeth, and if she is injured, frightened, mistreated, provoked and pushed into a corner she will come out like a wild cat. Molly, life has done all those things to you, and you've reacted accordingly. That doesn't make you an Evil Beast, my child, just a wounded animal trying to survive."

Molly was heading toward emotional overload and her hand trembled within his. The Wizard could feel her instincts telling her to literally run from this place and from this wizard who was reaching so deep within her.

The Wizard raised an eyebrow and tightened his grip on the paw of the nervous cat before him. "Molly, what is it that Alex calls you?” he paused a moment and then smiled again, "Oh yes, the Cheetah! And Cheetahs are always ready to run, aren’t they?. Well my little Cheetah, I know you want to run now. You want to run from my shop and the truth, just as you're trying to run from the life that has hurt you so badly. I also know why you came to the mall today. You came in search of a very special gift for your family, but you've given up on finding it, just like you've given up on life."

Molly's heart was pounding. The Wizard was on the mark once again. Cheetah, or Little Cheetah, was Alex’s pet name for Molly, and at this very moment she did want to run, but she couldn't run and she couldn't block out the truth in the Wizard's words. Unable to find words, her emotions spilled out in tears.

The Wizard sighed heavily. He never had been able to deal with watching a woman or a child cry, and considering Molly was both, this was doubly difficult. Patting her hand he tried to stem the tide of tears.

"Here, here, now Molly ... there's no need for all that, and besides, didn't you read the sign?"

Molly sniffled back tears and then turned in the direction the Wizard was pointing. The same sign that only moments ago had proclaimed the shopkeepers as actually a wizard, had now changed to give Molly a new message. It read: "Crying, by women, children or kitten's is strictly forbidden by the management."

The ridiculous store policy caused a small smile to peek out beneath Molly's free-flowing tears. The Wizard nodded approvingly and coaxed a full-fledged smile out of her by adding, ”because you are actually all three, the rule goes triple for you.”

Reaching into his robe pocket, the Wizard produced a white lace hanky which he gave to Molly. "Now child, if you'll dry those eyes, quit trying to run! And stop being such a stubborn little Irish girl for one minute. I think I can help you find what you're searching for. In fact, I think I have just the gift that will not only bring your family all the joy you wish for them, but also put the POUNCE right back in the Kitten.”

Molly dried her eyes and a tiny giggle escaped as the Kitten peeked out when she heard her name called.

A relieved wizard winked, and offered Molly his arm. She took it willingly as he led her over to a frosted glass display case. Releasing her had, no longer fearing she would run, he made his way to the other side of the case. Reaching into the pocket of his robe, he starting pulling things out, mumbling something about needing a good key ring. Finally, said key was produced and inserted into the lock When he turned the key, the frosted glass cleared to reveal the contents within.

Both little Molly and big Molly smiled at the wonders inside the case. There were beautiful crystal globes like none she'd ever seen before. Their wooden bases had been expertly handcrafted and engraved, while the figurines within the globes were so finely detailed they seemed almost alive.

As Molly was admiring these incredible works of art, the wizard knelt down and opened the door to the case. He reached in and began mumbling again as he shifted through the various globes in the case, obviously looking for a particular one. Smiling triumphantly, he finally found it. “Yes … I knew you were in there somewhere,” he told the globe as he grabbed it from the shelf.

Molly watched with curiosity and excitement as the Wizard removed the globe from the case and set it before her on the countertop.

Her eyes went wide and she gasped at its brilliance. “Ohhhhhh … it’s so … so … beautiful!”

Her hand started to reach for it, but then stopped short, as like any other child in the presence of a pretty, she looked for permission to touch. When the Wizard nodded silently, Molly gently cradled the globe in her hand.

Small images had been finely engraved into the wood. Of its stand. Molly gently turned the precious pretty in her hand so she could view each carving.

One appeared to be a guitar, and another, a tiny sailing ship. Of course this immediately reminded her of her daddy Alex, and his love of both things.

The next carving appeared to be of all things, a tennis racket and ball. She beamed, as those reminded her of mommy Jennifer, and her many court conquests.

Molly turned the globe again, finding yet more images. She saw one of a girl’s hair brush and immediately she thought of Ally and the many times her big sister had cyber-brushed Molly’s hair, calming the child when nothing else seemed to work.

Finally she saw what appeared to be a small Kitten curled up into a ball and sleeping. It was obvious who that reminded her of and she swallowed hard as tears threatened again, but the best was still yet to come.

At the wizard's direction, she turned her attention to the scene within the globe and it nearly took her breath away. Inside was a finely detailed miniature carousel, and as Molly admired the fine craftsmanship, she couldn't help but think she'd seen this carousel before, only the life-sized version of it.

Suddenly her eyes went wide as she realized the tiny carousel enclosed within the globe was the same one she'd seen in the mall earlier. She’d carefully noted the colors, the carvings, the mirrors and bold steeds on that carousel,and there was absolutely no doubt that it was identical in every way.

She looked to the wizard, ’How is this possible?’" written across her face, but he hust smiled. Rather than answer her unspoken question, he directed her attention back to the carousel.

This time Molly took a closer look at the tiny people on and around the carousel. Just like the magical musical ride, they too were so finally detailed that they almost seemed alive.

Molly's attention was first drawn to a young couple that stood outside the carousel. The young man, a tall blond-haired, blue-eyed lad with broad shoulders, was holding hands with his love. The young woman, in her early teens, was as beautiful as he was handsome. She had long auburn locks, a peaches and cream complexion, and big green eyes which were lost in his blues ones. In her free hand was a lovely red rose, no doubt a gift from her beloved.

Molly smiled warmly at the pair. Like the carousel, she seemed to know them in a life size version as well. Taking a longer second look, the rose gave it away. "Ally and Andy", she thought. Smiling, her mind drifted back to the stories Ally had shared with her little sister about the tall, blonde American who'd stolen Pippa's heart so long ago, and then, there was the rose. Andy had given Ally a rose the first time they met. As unbelievable as it seemed, there was still no doubting it, the love struck teens within the globe had to be Ally and Andy.

Wondering if what little sanity she still had could survive much more, she turned her eyes toward the remaining three figures aboard the carousel.

Her eyes lit up again, as she spied the scene before her. A young woman, older than the teen princess outside the carousel, but equally as beautiful, with the same auburn trusses and emerald green eyes, stood by the side of a carousel horse. She had to be the older sister, or possibly the mother of the other, and as the saying, "like mother like daughter" goes, this lovely lass had a handsome beau by her side, as well.

He was a tall gorgeous, well-built man with smiling dark eyes that bespoke a gentle soul, and thick dark hair that seemed to beg his beloved to run her fingers through it. He stood on the other side of the carousel horse, but like their younger counterparts, their fingers had found each other and were laced together over the back of the wooden steed.

However, the senior Romeo and Juliet had one-upped their younger counterparts, as their lips had also found each other,meeting in a soft stolen kiss above the horse and its rider.

Molly smiled dreamily, there was no indecision or denial here, these two could only be Jennifer and Alex. The child within replaced Jennifer and Alex with terms more appropriate. "Mommy and Daddy", slipped from Molly’s lips in a child's sigh that made the Wizard smile.

Molly's eyes went on, to the final image. There on the carousel horse, sitting beneath the soul mate’s kiss. was a small child. She was a tiny toddler princess, no older than four or five, and undoubtedly the product of the love these two adults above her shared. She had her mother's auburn locks and the same gentle smile in her green eyes that her father carried in his brown ones.

The littlest princess was wearing an adorable light green dress, with a white peter pan collar, white leggings and Mary Jane’s. Her softly curled hair had been placed in pigtails held by green ribbons that matched her dress. Her rounded eyes and cherubic face. lightly sprinkled with freckles, combined with a wide smile to create a heart-melting imp.

The small child was steadied on her mount by a loving hand from each of her parent's. Her fiery steed was white with a green saddle and seemed perfectly suited to the little princess. The broad smile on her face showed a child who couldn't possibly be happier than she was at that very moment.

Molly knew who that little girl was, or at least who she should be. She was living the dream, the dream Molly had wished for all her life. Molly's heart pounded and tears welled in her eyes again, as the little one within her tried to reach out to her twin, and her family within the globe.

The characters and the scene were something right out of the chatroom universe, or possibly the twilight zone. And just when Molly thought she couldn’t possibly be touched any deeper, the Wizard winked. Reaching beneath the globe, he pushing the button that released a spring. Suddenly the tiny carousel lit up and began to turn. A song started playing and the rotating carousel horses rose and fell in time with the music.

Molly began to tremble, for the haunting refrain was as familiar to her as the characters within the globe, and the song reached her very soul. The song was The Rose. It was not only the first song that Alex had ever sung to Jennifer and Molly, but it also stood for the actual rose that Ally’s soul mate Andy had given her the night they met.

Tears flowed freely as Molly struggled to hold the globe. The Wizard shook his head, and rather than remind Molly of store policy again, simply gave his customer another dry handkerchief. He really wished she wouldn’t do that, but he knew such things were all part of his job.

Molly gently set the globe down and then took the hanky, thanking him again for his kindness. She listened to the last few notes of the song, sighing sadly as the lights went out and the carousel finally stopped.

Normally, Molly would have been the curious Kitten, ready to ask a thousand questions as to how all this could be possible, but for once, the how's didn't seem to matter. Molly had no idea what kind of magic had created this incredible globe, but she was sure about one thing. The Wizard was right. It was exactly what she'd been searching for and she wanted it; wanted to share it with Mommy, Daddy and Ally, but even more than that, she desperately wished somehow, someway they all could LIVE it. If only there was someway, some magic that would allow them to slip right into that globe and BE that family.

"Molly I told you this globe was exactly what you were looking for and I meant it.” The Wizard’s strong words broke Molly out of her daydream.

“It's the one thing, perhaps the only thing in this world that has the power to give each of you what you need most of all, each other. The magic within this globe, combined with that in your heart and the hearts of your family, can make your chatroom dream come true in the real world. So yes, Molly, you can have that family, and you can finally live as the little girl you’ve always been.”

To be continued…

up
40 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

When I stop Crying

joannebarbarella's picture

And I can see the keys again, maybe I'll be able to make a rational comment. But then who needs to be rational with this beautiful story? Normally I'm not a magic/wizardry fan but you are weaving your own magic here and now I'm crying again because it's just so good.
Sob,
Joanne

Thank you

I really wanna say lots more than thank you, 'cause there's so much 'bout this story that makes it special, but it's hard to laugh and cry and type at the same time. I can just relate to Molly in so many ways. Thanks so much for sharin' such a wonderful, beautiful story, Maggie.

*hugging you tight*

Heather Rose Brown :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Thanks so much

Huggles!

Glad the story reached you and thanks for letting me know it did. Hopefully the last chapter will bring a smile to your face.

On one hand, this story was not an easy one to write, and on the other, I didn't have to stray too terribly far from reality to find the words. I think most of us have been frustrated and saddened to the point that all seems hopeless. But then most of the time along comes a little sunshine just when you need it most.

For all of you I hope you find your sunshine and your dreams come true, and most of all I hope you find the Spells'R'Us store. Cause if you do, could you please get me a miracle to go? I promise to pay you back and it won't be heavy to carry cause I only need a little one. Giggle.

Hugs and love to all, Maggie the Kitten

Wow

Wow..... so special I want to read more Thank you Maggie and take care Mickie

MICKIE

Thanks Maggie

For this sweet tale. Far too many of us have had similar feelings and experiences. I liked the scene where you showed that Molly hid behind learned responses like that of her official "face." Like of set of Flash cards you try and use the best one. Very nice Maggie thanks again for sharing with us!
hugs!
grover

What they said...

laika's picture

What they all said- SNIFFFF! Wonderful!

And also I'd like to say what a well-realized version of the SRU shop you've created. The detailed imagery, those whimsical signs..... a brilliant touch whether it's yours or whether you read it in another Spells R Us story (I never have). All the imagery seemed as preternaturally clear & minutely detailed as the vision inside the glass globe. And your Wizard wasn't employing sarcasm, but holding her fragile self as carefully as
you would a........ kitten. And look! There's PART III already! YAAAAAYYY!!

~~~much hugs, you have a gift that the world needs. LAIKA

No one writes from the heart as soulful as you Kitten!

I feel every word, the emotions touch my very heart, I want to hold you on my lap and just let you tell me your Kitten Tales over and over again!

Now, on to part three!

Huggles, Snuggles, and Snigs Kitten!
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Wonderful story

Thank you for writing this story, reading of Molly's wanderings had me almost crying, it was that evocative.

But the capper for me was the mention of the globe playing The Rose, which just happens to be one of my all time favourite songs. Just seeing the name of the song in the story was enough for me to look up the lyrics and sit here singing it softly, I love it that much.

It looks like Molly will be able to fulfill her dream of being part of that special family she found, I'm off to read part 3 now.