Correction

Printer-friendly version

Correction

By

Julie O


Edited

By

Itinerant



For Carson Haynes, a simple clerical error was the start to a new life



Chapter 1



The sound of the police siren startled Carson as he drove down home from his job at the local mall. He looked in the rearview mirror and confirmed his worst fears as he saw the lights of the police cruiser flashing behind him.

The teenager wondered what he had done wrong. He had been barely driving the speed limit and he knew that he had made a complete stop at the last sign. He had just turned seventeen and the last thing he needed was a ticket.

He pulled over and watched as the police officer approached the car. Carson rolled down the window and waited nervously. It was a warm summer afternoon, but the sweat he felt wasn’t from the heat.

The officer looked into the car as he pulled off his sunglasses.

“Do you know why I pulled you over?” he asked.

“No Officer, I honestly don’t,” replied Carson honestly.

“Your left brake light is out,” said the officer. “I need to see your license, registration and proof of insurance.”

“Just a moment,” said Carson as he retrieved the documents and passed them the officer. “Um, the car is my father’s so the insurance and registration is in his name.”

The cop took them and looked at Carson.

“Are you Jack Haynes’s kid?” he asked.

Carson nodded.

His father, Jack Haynes had been the principal of the local high school for the past ten years and was well known and respected in the community.

“I thought you looked like him. Okay, I’ll still need to check this. I’ll be right back,” said the officer.

Carson nodded and waited for the officer to return. The good thing was that he wasn’t speeding or anything like that, he thought.

The officer returned a few minutes later and he had a big smile on his face.

“First, I’ll just give you a warning for the brake light,” he said.

“Thanks,” replied Carson, who was wondering why that was so amusing.

“However, I ran your license and according the Pennsylvania DMV, you’re actually a girl,” said the officer with a chuckle.

“What?” asked Carson as he looked at his license. “Look, it says male on it.”

“I know, but in the DMV database, you’re listed as female. Those computers have had all sorts of problems lately. Just call them and they should make the correction,” said the officer. “Oh, and the next time you see your father, tell him Tim Franklin said hi. This makes up for the times I was sent to his office.”

“I will,” said Carson. “Umm, and thanks for just giving me a warning and for the info about my license.”

“No problem,” said Tim as he began to laugh.

Carson looked at his license and shook his head in disbelief, before sticking it back in his wallet.



Chapter 2

“Lori, I’m home,” said Carson as he walked into the house.

“How was work?” asked his sister from the kitchen.

Carson walked in and sat down at the kitchen table. She was just thirteen months older than Carson and they were very close. They knew how to get under each other’s skin, but they also cared deeply about each other even if they wouldn’t always admit it.

He told her about the ticket and what Officer Franklin had told him.

Lori smiled at her brother.

“Well, you do make a cute girl, even though you’re taller than me,” she said.

Carson flipped her the bird and she laughed.

He was several inches taller than her; he was slight of build and had shaggy dark brown hair. The previous Halloween, she had helped him dress up as a girl for the school’s costume party where he won first prize.

“I’ll call the DMV tomorrow and hopefully that will fix the problem,” he replied. “So have you heard from Mom and Dad?”

Their parents were out of town for an education conference for the week.

“Yes, they arrived in Seattle on time and were going down to the opening reception,” she replied as she went back to preparing dinner. “Oh, I’m planning on barbecuing some chicken for dinner if you want some.”

“Sounds great,” he replied. “Oh, please don’t mention anything about the license thing to anyone.”

“Would I do that, baby sister?” she replied with a laugh.

He was tempted to flip her the bird again, but decided that he would just let the issue drop.



Chapter 3

The next morning, after thirty minutes on hold, Carson finally got through to someone at the DMV. He explained the problem to the woman on the line.

After a few minutes the woman told him that to computer problems, in in order to correct the mistake, she would have to issue him a new license.

“Do I have to go back to the DMV?” he asked.

“No, I will make the changes here and you should receive it in a few days,” she replied. “When you get the new license, please destroy the old one as it won’t be valid.”

“Thanks,” he replied.

He was a little annoyed that he would have to get a new license, but as he had heard from his parents, you can’t argue with government red tape.

He told Lori about the DMV’s solution.

“Just be careful driving the next few days. You don’t want to be thrown in jail with your gender being questioned,” she kidded.

“Very funny,” he replied. “You’re really enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Immensely,” she replied. “Oh and make sure you use the correct rest room when you’re at work.”

“Just you wait until I get some fresh dirt on you!” he countered.

“Okay, little sister,” she replied.

Carson shook his head in disgust.

“I’m a boy and I am bigger than you,” he countered.

“Not according to the DMV, but you are still taller, so would you prefer baby sister?” she asked.

He gave her the finger, figuring the kidding couldn’t get worse.

“Not very ladylike! Sorry about the jokes, this is just too good to let go of,” she said.

“Whatever, just as long as you don’t tell anyone about this,” he said.

“You know me better than that. Oh, I do have some good news, Kevin came by and fixed the brake light,” she said. “When I told him about the warning, he immediately went out and got a new bulb.”

Kevin Nelson was Lori’s current boyfriend.

“Um, you didn’t tell him about the license problem, did you?” asked Carson.

“Of course not,” she replied. “There was no need to as I already posted it on my Facebook account.”

Carson stared at her and then saw that she was smiling back at him.

“Gotcha!” she replied playfully.



Chapter 4

Three days later Carson arrived home from his job. He checked the mail and was slightly surprised that there was a letter from the DMV addressed to him.

“Anything good in the mail?” said Lori as she walked past him on her way to the kitchen.

“Yeah, I can’t believe that my new license is here so quickly,” he said as he opened the envelope.

“Really? That is surprising,” she replied. “When I got a replacement license it took two weeks.”

Carson pulled out his license and when he read it, his jaw dropped.

“What the fuck!” he exclaimed loudly.

“What is it?” she asked as she walked out to join him.

“Look at this shit!” he raged.

Lori looked at the license. It took her a moment to see what had angered her brother so much.

“Whoa! They listed your gender as female,” she said.

“So much for being efficient and correcting a simple error. They actually made it worse!” he replied angrily.

“They also got your height and weight wrong,” she added.

“What do you mean?” he asked as he looked at the license. “You’re right. It has me several inches shorter and weighing a lot less.”

“I guess this makes you not only my younger sister, but my little sister too,” kidded Lori.

“It’s not funny,” said Carson.

“Look, we’ll call the DMV and set up an appointment to fix this. There’s probably another Carson Hayes and the computer just screwed things up.”

He just stared at the license with disgust.

“Well, put it your wallet with your other one, you’ll need both when we go to the DMV,” said Lori. “I’ll drive that way if we get pulled over there’s no confusion.”

“Thanks,” he replied.

“Of course if you want to drive you could put on one of my dresses, you’d fit in one now,” she added.

“Stop it. I don’t want to laugh about this, I want to be angry,” he replied.

“Okay, little sister,” she said with a laugh.

“This isn’t funny,” he said angrily.

“Actually it is,” she replied. “You’ll agree with me someday.”

“No I won’t,” he said as he looked at his watch. “There’s still time to call them.”



Chapter 5

“I can’t believe that they’re closed until Monday,” he said with disgust as he hung up the phone.

“Budget cuts?” she asked.

“No, some sort of computer problem. They’re even closing the all DMV sites to correct the problem.”

“Sorry,” she said.

“The good news is that they said they’re presently correcting many mistakes that have shown up in the system,” he continued. “Something about a reboot of the computer system tonight starting at midnight.”

“That’s good to hear,” replied Lori. “Maybe they’ll just send you a corrected license.”

“Yeah, but what if someone finds out about this? I’ll be the laughing stock when school starts in the fall,” he said as he stared at his new license.

“No one will find out. I promise not to tell anyone and by Monday everything will be fixed,” she said.

“You really promise not to tell anyone?” he asked.

“I do. I also promise to give you grief over it but only in private,” she added with a wink.

“Gee, thanks,” he replied.

“You sure you don’t want me to dress you up? I mean you’re legally a girl right now,” she said. “I could even style your hair.”

“That’s okay,” he replied. “Just you wait until I get some more dirt on you.”

“I think you gave me enough crap when I had the stomach flu after the New Year’s Eve party,” she said.

“Stomach flu? You were drunk!” he replied with a laugh. “I can’t believe you did all those tequila shots.”

“Ugh! Don’t remind me! It was such a stupid thing to do. And I appreciate that you never told Mom and Dad the truth,” she said.

“I think they knew the truth,” he said. “The reason they didn’t ground you was that they felt you suffered enough. You were puking all night.”

“Thanks for reminding me about that too. Still you were cool about it and lied to protect me and I really appreciate that,” she replied.

“You’re welcome,” he said. “You know, for an older sister you’re not half bad.”

“And neither are you ... little sister,” she added.

Chapter 6

It was nearly two in the morning when Lori was snapped out of a sound sleep by the sound of a scream. She jumped out bed and rushed out into the hall. She could see that the bathroom door that she shared with Carson was closed and the light was on.

She walked up to the door and listened. It sounded like someone was crying. She first tried to open the door but found it was locked so she knocked.

“You okay?” she asked cautiously.

“Please go away,” he replied softly in between sobs.

She couldn’t remember the last time she had heard her brother cry. He was very tough, when it came to pain. When he had broken his leg skiing two years ago, he barely complained. The fact that he was crying sent a chill up her spine as something really bad must have happened.

“Okay, you’re scaring me, Carson, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“Just leave me alone,” he replied.

“If you don’t tell me I’m calling 911,” she threatened. “Please open the door. I need to see if you’re okay.”

There was a pause, but then she heard his footsteps come closer.

“You have to promise me not to tell anyone,” he begged.

“Now you’re really freaking me out; please open the door,” she begged.

“Please promise,” he repeated.

“Okay, I promise,” she replied.

She heard him let out a deep breath before unlocking the door.

“Come in,” he said.

She opened the door and saw him sitting on the toilet.

He looked up at her wiped his eyes. He was dressed in a just a t-shirt and some running shorts.

“What’s going on?” she asked gently as she walked closer.

“I got up to go to the bathroom, and, um, something happened to me,” he started to reply.

Lori could barely hear her brother he was talking so softly

“Are you sick?” she asked cautiously.

“I don’t know, no not exactly,” he replied. “I, um, I have changed.”

“What do you mean?” she asked as she leaned against the sink.

He wiped more tears from his eyes.

“Carson, please tell me what you mean?” she begged.

“I can’t explain it. I have to show you,” he said as he took off his shirt to expose his chest.

Lori gasped.

“Oh My God!” she exclaimed.

She stared at her brother’s enlarged breasts.

“Are those, are those real?” she asked.

“Yes. I now have breasts,” he stated. “I mean, they’re not big, but they’re definitely breasts.”

He now had small but shapely breasts. His nipples were also larger and darker in color.

She reached over and gently touched his breast and immediately pulled her hand back.

“Shit, they’re real!” she stated.

He looked down and nodded.

“They weren’t like this when I went to bed,” he said. “You saw me! You would have noticed.”

“We better take you to the ER,” she said. “You might be having an allergic reaction or something like that.”

He shook his head.

“I can’t,” he replied.

“You have to! This is serious!” she said.

“You have no idea,” he replied softly as he began to cry again.

“What do you mean?” she asked. “Carson, what else is wrong?”

He stood up and slipped down his shorts to expose that he now had a vagina.

“Holy shit,” she gasped as she steadied herself against the sink.

Her brother was standing, naked, in front of her, and he now looked like a young girl. It wasn’t just the breasts and the lack of male genitalia, his whole body looked different. It was now more slender and less muscular.

“I know,” he replied. “What the hell is happening to me? My dick is completely gone; I checked.”

“Are you in any pain?” she asked as she tried to regain her composure.

Carson shook his head as he wiped away some tears. He slipped on his shorts and t-shirt.

“I feel fine, other than the changes,” he replied. “I’m really scared. What am I going to do?”

Lori stared at her bother for a moment before wrapping her arms around him.

Carson did the same thing to her and began to sob heavily.

“What the hell is happening to me?” he repeated.

“I don’t know,” she said as she held tightly to him.

She felt like crying too but held it back as she knew she had to be strong for her brother.

“I’m sorry,” he sobbed.

“You have nothing to be sorry about,” she replied as she tried to comfort him. “Let it out, it’s okay to cry.”



Chapter 7

“You feel better?” she asked as she handed him a towel

“A little,” he replied as he dried his face.

“We should still go to the ER,” she said.

“And what will they do?” he asked. “Boys don’t just change into girls. They’ll put me in freak show.”

“So what do you want to do?” she asked.

“Wait until Mom and Dad get back on Monday,” he replied. “They’ll know what to do, I hope.”

Lori looked back at her sibling and could see the fear in his eyes. She wasn’t sure what her parents could do about this, but she didn’t know what else to do.

“Okay,” she replied. “That’s only a few days.”

“Thanks,” he replied with a sign of relief.

“So now what?” asked Lori.

He let out a big yawn.

“I’m really tired. I guess we go back to bed and sort this out in the morning,” he said. “I feel a bit relieved now that you know about this.”

“You actually feel like sleeping?” she asked.

He nodded as he yawned again.

“I feel like I’m about to fall asleep here,” he said. “It’s weird, but just talking to you has calmed me down.”

He then let out another loud yawn.

Lori nodded. She didn’t have any better suggestion, but she didn’t want to leave him alone either.

“You want to crash in my room?” she asked.

“You don’t mind?” he asked as he yawned again.

“No, I think it would be best,” she replied.

“Thanks,” he said. “How could this happen?”

“I have no idea, but we’ll call Mom and Dad in the morning and see what they think. I don’t think we should wait until they get back,” she said. “I’d call them now but there’s nothing they can do.”

He nodded.

“I just had the strangest thought; you don’t think that this was caused by the DMV’s computer problems? What if this is the correction?” he said.

She stared back at him.

“Yeah that’s really stupid, but what else could have caused it?” he continued as he yawned.

“I have no idea,” she said. “Well, come on, you look like your about to fall asleep here.”

Carson followed her into her room and sat down on one of the twin beds. In a few moments he was fast asleep.

Lori was too keyed up to sleep and for the first few minutes all she could do was stare at her brother.

After a while she turned on her laptop and began to search the internet. As expected, she didn’t find anything really useful. The closest thing she found that described what was happening to Carson were a couple of fiction sites that specialized in transformation stories.

After an hour of fruitless searching she turned off her laptop. She was about to try and get some sleep when she looked over at Carson. She had to stifle a gasp. In just the short time she had been on the computer, he had changed some more.

His hair was now well past his shoulders and was lighter in color. It was now reddish blonde, like their mom’s hair color. It now flowed around his face in large curls.

She also noticed that his face had changed. He now looked like a girl. His face as softer and more feminine in appearance and his lips were larger and fuller. Additionally his cheeks were larger. She had to admit that he was quickly turning into a very pretty girl. In many ways Carson now looked like a much younger version of their mother.

Lori wondered if the rest of his body was changing, but she didn’t want to disturb his sleep. All she could do was stare at her brother as he transformed before her eyes into a girl.



Chapter 8

Carson slowly opened his eyes and saw that Lori was sitting across from him.

“Did you sleep at all?” he asked groggily.

Lori shook her head.

“I wanted to see if you were okay,” she greeted. “Um, how do you feel?”

Carson could see that his sister was worried.

“Okay, why do you ask?” replied Carson who immediately gasped. He coughed to clear his throat before continuing. “What the hell! Do I sound different?”

Lori bit her lip as she nodded.

“You sound like a teenage girl,” she admitted. “Sorry, but there’s no sense in lying to you.”

“Shit,” cursed Carson.

“It’s not all. Carson, you better brace yourself,” said Lori as she pointed at the mirror. “Your body has changed even more. I’m sorry, but there’s no way to hide this.”

Carson paused for a minute and then sat up and looked in the mirror. He saw a buxom teenage girl staring back at him.

“Shit,” gasped Carson. “How can this be happening? I really look like a girl now.”

Carson stood up and stared in the mirror.

Lori stood up next to him. She noticed that he was several inches shorter than she was.

Carson didn’t notice the height difference, as he was too preoccupied with the other changes.

“Look at my body!” said Carson. “My tits, they’re grown so big! How is this possible?”

His new breasts were pressing tightly against the material of the t-shirt. He also noticed that his shorts didn’t fit. They felt tight and he ran his hands down to confirm the worst. His hips and ass were now much bigger.

Lori had to admit that Carson had a very nice figure to match the rest of the changes. She wanted to correct him and say that he should call them breasts, but she kept her mouth shut. Instead, she let him to take in all the changes.

“My clothes don’t fit,” he said. “Do you mind if I take them off?”

“No,” replied Lori.

Carson stripped off his clothes and stood naked in front of his sister. It took Carson a few minutes to absorb that the physical transformation was complete from his toes to his head.

In addition to his large breasts, he had a thin waist and shapely hips and rear. While he had never been muscular, his legs and arms were now quite slender and feminine. It began to sink in that his body had become totally female.

“I’m really a girl,” gasped Carson. “I know it doesn’t make sense, but I’m really a girl.”

“I know,” said Lori as she took in his transformation.

She decided not to tell Carson how attractive he now looked.

“Do you feel different?” asked Lori. “Do you still feel like a guy?”

She handed her brother a bathrobe to put on.

“In what way?” asked Carson with a confused look on his face as he slipped on the robe.

“I don’t know. Um, okay, do you, um, like boys?” she asked.

Carson turned and gave Lori a long stare.

“Sorry, that was an insensitive question,” said Lori. “Let me think of something else.”

Carson shook her head.

“No, it wasn’t. Holy shit I do, I do like boys!” Carson gasped. “I just thought of a guy in my class and I realize that I like him, a lot. How could this happen?”

He sat down on the bed next to Lori.

“I don’t know. Why don’t we go down and call Mom and Dad?” she suggested.

“Do we have to?” he whined.

“Carson, we can’t keep this a secret. I hate to say this, but no one would think you’re a guy. You look and sound like a girl,” she replied. “There’s no way we can hide this. We have to tell them and hopefully they’ll have an idea what to do.”

“I guess that makes sense, can we eat too?” he asked.

“Are you hungry?” she asked with a shocked look on her face.

“Famished, I guess the change burned a lot of energy, but can I get a shower first? I feel like I need it,” said Carson.

“Okay,” said Lori. “I’ll get started on breakfast.”

“Thanks,” replied Carson. “So what are we going to tell them?”

“I have no idea,” she replied. “But I’m with you no matter what happens.”

“Thanks,” replied Carson.

“I’m glad to help you, Carson,” she replied. “Um, you’re going to need something to wear. I doubt I have anything that will fit you, but maybe there are some items of Mom’s you can wear.”

Carson stared back and then nodded.

“You’re right, I doubt anything I have will fit now,” he said as he cupped his breasts.

Carson then paused as he looked in the mirror.

“I guess ... I guess I’m really your sister now,” stated Carson.



Chapter 9

Lori sat downstairs drinking a mug of coffee, as she waited for Carson to get out of the shower. She heard the water stop and she knew that Carson had finished her shower. It was obvious that Carson would need a new wardrobe. She thought about how open Carson would be to going shopping. She could measure Carson and get some things. In addition to clothes, Carson would need personal care products and makeup. The good thing was that Carson was quite attractive and had a great body and that no one would ever think that she had once been a boy.

Suddenly it hit her that she was beginning to think of Carson as her sister. It wasn’t just because Carson looked like a girl either. With each passing moment, she was accepting that Carson was a real girl.

“I now have a sister and her name is Carson,” she said aloud.

It didn’t sound strange as if Carson had always been a girl and that made Lori do a double-take. What was happening she wondered.

She was brought back to reality as she heard Carson leaving the bathroom and walk towards his, make that her, bedroom.

“Lori!” shouted Carson. “You need to get up here!”

Lori got up and rushed to the stairs.

“What is it?” asked Lori anxiously.

“You have to see this to believe it; you wouldn’t believe me if I said it!” shouted Carson from the top of the stairs.

Lori ran up the stairs and found Carson standing in the hallway.

Carson only had a towel wrapped around her shapely body.

“What’s wrong?” asked Lori.

“Look,” said Carson as she pointed into her bedroom.

Lori tuned and let out a gasp of shock.

“How did this happen?” exclaimed Lori as she looked into Carson’s room.

“No idea, but then again, how did this happen to me?” asked Carson entered the room.

They walked into the bedroom together. Carson’s room now looked like that of a teenage girl. It was even more feminine than Lori’s room. Everything was different, from the furniture to the clothing in the closet. Even the walls were a different color; they had been light blue but now they were a pale shade of green. There were now floral patterned curtains around the windows. There wasn’t a single sign that that a teenage boy had ever lived in the room.

“What’s really weird is that this all seems familiar,” said Lori. “I mean, it’s like it has always been this way.”

“I know,” replied Carson. “I mean, I know this is my room and where everything is, even though it wasn’t this way last night. I know where everything is, and I can even remember buying most of these outfits. I can even remember picking out the material for the curtains with Mom.”

Lori sat down on the bed.

“This is incredible. I wonder what else has changed?” asked Lori.

“I guess we can find out after I get dressed,” said Carson.

“Do you want me to leave?” asked Lori.

Carson shrugged her shoulders.

“What difference does it make? I mean I’m a girl, now, and your little sister,” said Carson as she let the towel fall to the floor. “I can also use your advice on what to wear.”



Chapter 10

Lori watched with amazement as Carson dressed. Yes, she gave her recommendations on what to wear, but it was obvious that Carson really didn’t need the help.

Carson was also taken back by she got dressed. She even knew how to put on makeup and style her hair.

“How do I look?” she asked as she stood in front of Lori.

She was dressed in shorts, sandals and a floral cotton top.

“Very nice! Perfect for a warm summer day,” replied Lori. “You have a great sense of style.”

Carson nodded as she cupped her breasts.

“What’s the matter?” asked Lori.

“I just wish these were a bit smaller,” said Carson. “I mean, they’re 36-DD, according to my bra size.”

“You’ll get used to them; we all do,” said Lori.

Carson shrugged her shoulders.

“I guess so. At least I know why girls wear bras now,” she said. “It does control them nicely. I bet you never thought you’d hear me say that.”

Lori nodded.

“I am so tempted to snap your bra straps right now, just like you did to me,” she replied with a smile on her face.

“You wouldn’t dare!” replied Carson.

“Or maybe I should just tickle you,” she countered.

“Please don’t make me laugh,” replied Carson. “I want to feel miserable.”

“It’s good to see you smile,” she said.

“Thanks,” replied Carson.

“Well, let’s go downstairs and have breakfast,” said Lori as she stood up.



Chapter 11

“How do you feel?” asked Lori as she refilled her mug with coffee.

“Normal,” said Carson. “I mean, I’m wearing a bra, panties, shorts and a top, my hair is in a ponytail, I now have pierced ears and am wearing jewelry and it all feels very normal. I’m wearing makeup and it feels normal. When I showered, I knew how to shave my legs and underarms. I knew how to clean up after using the toilet. It’s like I’ve been a girl my whole life and it all feels normal, with one big exception: I know that I used to be a guy.”

“Make that two exceptions: I also remember who you were,” added Lori.

“Thank god for that! Otherwise I would feel as if I was going crazy,” she replied. “I just wonder what will happen next.”

“Well you better sit down,” said Lori as she looked at her phone.

“Now what?” asked Carson. “Have I grown horns?”

“Look,” said Lori as she passed her phone over to her sister.

Carson read the text message and her jaw dropped.

“When did you get this?” asked Carson as she read the message.

“It must have got here when we were upstairs,” she replied.

Carson re-read the message from their parents.

“Lori, we’ll be coming home early. We should be home around five tomorrow. Can you and Cari pick us up at the airport? Can’t wait to see my girls! I have missed you both so much. Love Mom & Dad.”

“Cari?” asked Carson.

Lori nodded.

Carson got up and ran to get her own phone. She immediately began to scan through her messages.

“Everyone is addressed to Cari,” said Carson. “My address book has changed too. Most of these contacts are new and they’re all from the girls in my class. There are also some from guys, popular guys, in my class.”

Carson let out a gasp of surprise.

“I just realized that I have dated a few of them! I wonder what else has changed?” stated Carson.

Lori didn’t reply as she was starting towards the fridge.

“What now?” asked Carson.

“Look at the photos,” said Lori.

Carson walked over and looked at the family photos that were held to the fridge with magnets. They all showed her as a girl ranging from when she was little to current day.

Carson picked up one that showed them at their cousin’s wedding the previous spring. Lori had been one of the bridesmaids and now apparently so had Carson.

“I can actually remember wearing that dress,” said Carson as she sat back down at the kitchen table. “It was so ugly and very uncomfortable. I kept worrying that my breasts might pop out of the top. Oh My God! Did I just say that?”

Lori nodded.

“I know, I can actually remember the issues you had with the dress I. And you’re right: they were hideous, although I didn’t have the same problem as you with the top,” replied Lori. “You want to look at the vacation videos?”

Lori was referring to the family trip to the Jersey shore earlier that summer.

“Why bother? I know that it’s changed too; don’t ask me how, but I know it’s changed too,” said Carson as she sat down. “I can even remember the bikini I was wearing and the boy that I flirted with. Damn, did I just say that?”

Lori paused and nodded.

“You really looked good in it too,” said Lori. “I can even picture that guy you were with, and little sister, you did more than flirt with him.”

Carson nodded as she remembered how good it felt when he kissed her. She was suddenly aware of her nipples hardening as she thought of the boy. She had to shake her head to concentrate on the present.

“This is so strange. With each passing minute, my whole life is being re-written and we’re the only two that know it,” said Carson. “I am remembering things about my life, my life as a girl, and the memories are so real.”

Lori stared back, not sure what to say.

“Just promise me that you’ll remember who I was,” begged Carson.

“I promise Cari,” said Lori. “Shit, sorry about that, it just came out.”

Carson smirked.

“No need to apologize, it’s my name and I do prefer to be called that now,” Cari replied. “My first name is still Carson, but I have gone by Cari since first grade. At least I have the same name, even though I don’t use it. Whoa, did I just say all that? This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone.”

“I will help you get through this,” added Lori as she hugged her sister

“Thanks,” replied Cari.”I thnk we both needed that.”

Cari then closed her eyes for a moment and strange look appeared on her face. Suddenly she got up and ran upstairs.

“What’s wrong?” asked Lori.

“I have to check on something,” shouted Cari as she ran up the stairs. “I just got another wave of new memories.”

A few minutes she returned and was holding something behind her back.

“Well?” asked Lori.

“Now this is getting really weird. I’m a fucking cheerleader,” said Cari as she held out a cheerleader uniform with her name embroidered on it.

Lori wasn’t sure how to react.

“I can take being a girl. I might even get used to guys, but a cheerleader?” laughed Cari nervously. “Go Team!”

“If I remember right, you’re the best on the squad,” said Lori.

Cari sat down and rested her chin in her hands.

“What’s going to happen next?” asked Cari. “The memories, my new memories are arriving in waves. I can actually picture myself doing cheers and leading the crowd at the football games. I also know that I have practice this week.”

Lori nodded.

“Anything else?” asked Lori. “Try thinking of getting dressed and getting ready for school.”

Cari cocked her head for a moment and then it hit her what her sister was talking about.

“Whoa! I know how to do makeup and my hair,” said Cari. “I also realize that I really like to be dressed up. I like to look good and put a lot of effort into it.”

“I know,” said Lori. “You have a real reputation for being on top of the latest fashion trends. The good thing is that you’re not a snob about it.”

“This is going from strange to bizarre,” said Cari. “Why couldn’t I just be a regular girl? I just realized that I was freshman class prom queen. What’s next?”

“Well, with your looks and body you could be a beauty queen,” said Lori.

“You’re exaggerating,” said Cari.

Lori shook her head.

“Face it little sister, you’re beautiful,” said Lori.

Cari shook her head.

“I mean it as a compliment, Cari,” said Lori. “I’m not jealous or anything, in fact I’m sort of proud of you.”

“So you’re the smart one now does that make me the airheaded cheerleader?” asked Cari.

“No, that’s not true. You’re not dumb and don’t try to act dumb. You’re still yourself, right?” asked Lori.

Cari closed her eyes and concentrated and smiled.

“I still made honor roll last year, just like you did,” said Cari.

“See,” said Lori.

Cari reached over and took her sister’s hands.

“I don’t know if I can do this. I mean I have the body and memories, but I still know who and what I was,” she said.

“I know and I will be there to help you, even if it’s just giving you someone to talk to,” said Lori.

“Thanks,” said Cari.

“If you don’t mind, I have a suggestion that might help you adjust,” said Lori.

“What is it?” asked Cari.

“Let your new feelings and urges take hold, don’t try to fight them,” suggested Lori.

“You mean, let the new me take over?”

“You’re still you, Cari. But if might help you adjust, if you let yourself explore your new feelings,” she said.

“What do you mean?”

“Think about what you like to do, don’t try and think of things you did when you were a guy; let it come out naturally,” suggested Lori. “People will accept what they see. You’re obviously female -- physically anyway -- so let it flow. It will help you get through this.”

“That might be a good idea,” said Cari. “You really are the smart one.”

Lori laughed.

“All it took was a gender change for you to finally notice,” quipped Lori.

“Very funny,” said Cari.

“So what do you want to do?” asked Lori. “I mean we have some time to kill until Mom and Dad get back. I was going suggest that we go shopping, but judging by your closet that isn’t necessary. If you want to hang out here at home, that’s understandable too.”

Cari rubbed her chin for a moment.

“Okay, I know this may sound weird, but I have the strangest urge to get my hair cut and styled and my nails done,” said Cari as she looked at her nails. “It’s like, um, long overdue.”

“Really?” asked Lori.

“Also do some shopping. Do you mind?” asked Cari with a smile on her face. “It would be, um, fun to hang out at the mall with you.”

“You mean that?” asked Lori.

“Hey, you’re the one you said that I should go with my feelings,” said Cari.

“I have to admit that I have always wanted a sister,” confessed Lori. “I would love to have a sister day with you. I mean, you’re right, it was my idea for you to give into your new feminine feelings, but I didn’t think that you’d want to go out.”

“Do you think it’s a good idea?” asked Cari.

“Actually I do. You will have to head out eventually, and this might be fun,” said Lori. “But I suggest that you change first.”

Cari nodded.

“Okay,” she replied.

“You want any help?” asked Lori.

Cari thought about it for a moment and then shook her head.

“Let me try this first. I'll trust my new feelings as you have suggested and then you can critique me,” suggested Cari.

“Sounds good,” said Lori as she stood up. “Well, you head up and I’ll call the salon and see if they have any openings.”

“Okay,” said Cari.

She then stopped and hugged her sister.

“Thanks for being so cool about all this,” said Cari.

“Hey, we’re sisters now, we have to stick together,” replied Lori.



Chapter 12

Cari went up to her room and immediately undressed. She posed in front of the mirror and admired her body. She smiled at the idea that, as a boy, she would have killed to be this close to a girl with this sort of figure.

She ran her hands over her breasts and down her towards her vagina but stopped short of it. She wasn’t quite ready for that, she thought.

She sat down at her makeup table and after a moment’s hesitation she began to re-apply her makeup. It should have felt strange, but instead it was if it she had been doing it for years. She knew just the right amount to put on.

The same thing happened when she styled her hair. In less than thirty minutes she was done, and she had to admit that she looked very nice.

For her outfit she picked out a sun-dress and some sandals. Without thinking she picked out jewelry to accessorize her outfit. In a way she was relieved with this part of the transformation. It would have been so difficult to have the body and looks and to think she was a boy.

When she went downstairs, Lori nodded approvingly.

“So I did it right?” asked Cari.

“Yes, very much so. You really have a good sense of style,” replied Lori. “How do you feel?”

Cari paused, as she contemplated Lori’s question before answering.

“Like I’ve been doing this my whole life,” she replied honestly.



Chapter 13

After the salon, Cari and Lori went to the mall and immediately went to the food court. After getting their lunches they picked a quiet corner to sit down and eat.

“I really like your new hairstyle,” said Lori. “You look good with a short style. The new color looks great too; you make a cute red head.”

Cari’s hair had been dyed a darker shade of red.

“Thanks,” replied Cari. “The stylist said that it would be easy to take care of. The color was her idea too. Oh, I like the color of your nails.”

Lori nodded.

Cari then began to laugh.

“I never thought we’d be having this sort of conversation,” continued Cari.

“That makes two of us,” replied Lori.

“I know that I was a bit of a pain as your brother,” said Cari.

“You were more than that at times,” interrupted Lori. “But then again, I knew what buttons to push to get you going.”

Cari smiled back.

“Still we have always gotten along, and I hope now that we’ll grow even closer,” said Cari. “I don’t think I can do this without you.”

“I will be with you, but don’t sell yourself short. I mean, I’ve been watching you, since we left the house, and you’ve done really well. Even now, you’re doing great,” said Lori. “I mean, you have to be aware that there are a lot of guys checking you out?”

Cari nodded.

“And how do you feel about it?” asked Lori.

“I kinda like it,” admitted Cari with a grin.

“Really?” asked Lori.

“Yes, it feels nice,” replied Cari.

“So any new memories?” asked Lori.

“Like what?”

“Your personal life?” asked Lori.

“I'm presently not dating anyone,” replied Cari, “which is good. Right now, I have enough to get used to without a boyfriend. Maybe after I get used to all this, I will start dating again.”

Lori nodded.

“So you’re not against having a boyfriend?” Lori continued.

“I’ve dated before; at least that’s what my new memories tell me. Whoa, that’s weird, the memories seem so real,” said Cari. “Tony, that guy I met at the shore, he wasn’t my first boyfriend.”

“He was good looking,” admitted Lori.

Cari then told her of the sensations she had experienced when she thought of kissing Tony.

“That’s pretty normal. So do you still have any feelings towards girls?” asked Lori.

Cari glanced around first before replying.

“Yes,” she admitted.

“Really?” asked Lori as she leaned in closer.

“I even have memories of a short fling with another girl on the cheerleading team last year,” admitted Lori. “We just kissed, not much else, but it felt good.”

“Who was it?”

“Lisa Maddox,” admitted Cari.

“Whoa! Didn’t think she was into girls,” said Lori.

“Since we’re sharing secrets, what about you?” asked Cari.

“I kissed another girl once. It didn’t do anything for me,” she admitted.

“Who was it?” asked Cari who was now grinning.

“Sarah Wilson,” replied Lori, referring to a girl in her class.

“Wow,” replied Cari. “She’s cute.”

Lori rolled her eyes in mock disgust.

“Okay, my turn. Did you have sex as a guy?” asked Lori.

“I got a hand job once last year from Chelsea Barnes,” admitted Cari. “Never went beyond that. Your turn: are you a virgin?”

Lori nodded.

“Kevin and I have fooled around,” she replied.

“What do you mean by that?” asked Cari with a grin on her face.

Lori looked around and leaned close.

“We’ve done oral,” said Lori. “It was pretty good.”

“Wow!” replied Cari.

“We haven’t gone any further, at least not yet,” said Lori.

“Are you afraid of getting pregnant?” asked Cari. “Is that what has stopped you?”

Lori shook her head.

“Mom helped me get birth control,” replied Lori.

“No way!” replied Cari.

“Yeah, she’s pretty cool about it too. I suspect you’ll be talking to her soon, that is if you haven’t already,” replied Lori.

Cari shook her head.

“Not yet, but I seem to remember that she said that she wanted to talk to me when she got back from Seattle,” replied Cari.

Cari then shook her head.

“What’s wrong?” asked Lori.

“It just hit me that I can now get pregnant,” said Cari. “Talk about a real moment. It also hit me about my new body and everything else that goes with it.”

She opened her purse and found two tampons in a side pouch.

“Damn,” she exclaimed as she examined the tampons.

“When was your last period?” asked Lori.

Cari made a face of disgust.

“We can talk about them; we are sisters, and I want to help you,” said Lori.

“According to my new memories it was a few weeks ago,” said Cari. “That means that I’ll soon get to experience it for real.

“If you have questions, ask away,” said Lori. “It’s not as bad as you think.”

“You can count on that. Well, that’s another thing that you never thought you’d be asking me,” replied Cari.

“No, I always thought I’d have to talk to you about your period,” replied Lori who began to giggle.

Cari was soon laughing too; to anyone else watching them, they appearing to be two teenage girls sharing a joke.

“Wow, that felt so good to laugh about what has happened. I mean, I have accepted that this is permanent, I have no idea why, but I just know,” said Cari.

Lori nodded.

“I have the same feeling,” said Lori. “I will help you when you need it.”

“Thanks,” replied Cari.

“Okay next question, have you um, explored yourself yet?” asked Lori.

Cari shook her head.

“You should,” said Lori. “It can be very nice. It will help you accept your new body.”

Cari’s jaw dropped.

“You play with yourself?” whispered Cari.

“Yes. Do you think that only boys pleasured themselves? I know you did when you were a guy,” said Lori.

Cari giggled.

“Okay you got me on that one,” said Cari.

“If you don’t already have one, I can give you something that you can use,” said Lori.

“You mean, a vibrator?” asked Cari with wide eyes.

Lori nodded.

“Mom gave me my first one, so you probably have one too,” said Lori.

Cari stopped and searched her new memories.

“Well?”

“It’s in my nightstand. I had no idea Mom was so cool,” said Cari.

“She’s very cool and you’ll find out. After all, she’s not that old, I mean she was just twenty-one when I was born,” said Lori.

“True,” said Cari.

“So, you want to some shopping?” asked Lori.

“Sure why not? It beats just sitting around at home.” replied Cari. “I have plenty of memories of us doing this, but it will be nice to do it for real.”

“Cool,” replied Lori.

“I have one last question, how do you think this all happened?” asked Cari.

“All I can think of is magic, but that doesn’t make sense,” replied Lori.

“I know, but can you think of a better answer? I mean, I’m now a girl, I have memories and a history, and my room has changed. How else could this have happened?”

Lori shook her head.

“I don’t know. I guess magic is the best answer, but that opens up a whole new set of questions. I mean, if you were changed by magic, who did it and why?

“Maybe it was random, like the way my DMV file got messed up?” said Cari. “Who knows? I doubt that whoever did it is going to show up and apologize.”

Lori nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, that would be too weird,” she said.



Chapter 14

“What’s the status of the Pennsylvania DMV computer database?” asked Simone Black as she leaned forward on her antique oak desk.

She was a tall, stately looking woman with long, shiny black hair. What was most striking about her were her bright emerald colored eyes. They almost appeared to glow.

“Up and running; all faults have been corrected in the system,” replied Magnus Redstone proudly. “I ran the diagnostic spell, and it didn’t show any errors. We’ll not only get full payment, but the bonus for finishing early.”

He was a tall muscular young man with thick curly brown hair and dark blue eyes. He appeared to be in his early twenties, but looks could be deceiving.

Simone waved her right index finger slowly back and forth.

“Magnus, please don’t use the term spell, not even among us, it’s now called a program,” corrected Simone. “We use our magical gifts to fix human problems and are rewarded richly for it. They would react strongly; if they found out we were using magic.”

“What difference does it make? We both know what fixed the system,” replied Magnus.

“My dear Magnus, you’re too young to remember what humans do to those with powers -- especially those suspected of being what they called demons. We made the decision over five hundred years ago to move permanently into the mainstream. We have changed our looks and lives. We cannot afford to be exposed, even by accident. What would happen if someone accidentally overheard you?” she replied. “I doubt that the head of the DMV would be pleased to know that magical spells were used to correct his database.”

While Simone appeared to be a woman in late twenties, she was actually over seven hundred years old. Compared to her, Magnus was just a youngster who had just turned two hundred.

“Please accept my apologies. Of course, you are correct, as always,” he replied as he bowed with respect. “It’s just that I wish I had been alive when we were out and about without fear of being seen in our real form.”

Simone was the Queen of his clan and he was fortunate to work for her. He was careful to show her the proper respect of her position.

“No, no you don’t,” she countered. “It was horrible. Never underestimate the humans, my dear boy. They may seem weak and foolish, but they can be extremely cunning and vicious when they want to be. Even with our powers, they almost exterminated our kind. They also killed many innocents who they thought were like us. They fear what they cannot understand.”

He stared back at her in silence.

“You need to read the archives, young one. I know what you’re thinking: why don’t we use our powers to rule the world and enslave the humans. That was tried once and it was a total failure. We have much strength, a few weaknesses and also some vices. The council of clan elders decided that we should co-exist and use our powers to better both races. The deeds we accomplish for the humans give us the wealth to live very comfortable lives.”

Magnus nodded. He knew that one of the weaknesses was that they couldn’t directly use their powers to benefit themselves or others of their race. To become wealthy they couldn’t just conjure up a mountain of gold; it had to be earned.

Today, demons occupied many careers. One of the more popular jobs involved computers and correcting their problems and errors. Demonic magic was highly compatible with computer programing and many of the top IT personnel were demons. It was even suspected that a demon invented the internet.

“But why help them at all? Couldn’t we could profit without advancing their kind?” he asked.

She smiled at him with the sort of smile a mother uses to correct a child.

“They have potential, they are young and need time to mature,” she said.

He nodded.

“Now, were there any unforeseen side effects of the program?” asked Simone.

“Minimal,” he replied as he looked at his tablet. “There were just over one million corrupted files in the program and all are fixed. We have found just three cases of collateral transformation. Unfortunately, as you know, there’s no way to reverse the conversions. Also, all were gender transformations.”

“Please tell me about the people who were changed,” said Simone.

“One was a thirty-one-year-old man in Scranton, another was a sixty-five-year-old man in Erie, and the third was a teenager in Bucks County, just outside Doylestown,” he replied as he paged through his tablet.

“And are all the transformations complete?” she asked.

He paused for a moment and then shook his head.

“Not exactly. The first two have no idea of their previous lives. The one in Scranton is now a school teacher in a middle school. She is single, but engaged to a lawyer. The man in Erie is now forty and is an office manager,” he replied as he looked at his tablet.

“What about their families?” asked Simone.

Magnus paged through his tablet.

“The woman is Scranton was unmarried in her male life and her family fully accepts her as a woman. The one in Erie was widowed, no children. She had been living in a retirement community. She is now married with two children in high school. None of them are aware of the changes.”

“And what about the teenager?” asked Simone.

“It’s weird. Physically she is completely female, and her memories are changing, but she is still quite aware of it -- as is her sister,” replied Magnus.

“Really?” asked Simone. “That is quite unusual.”

He nodded.

“However, the rest of the people in her life are quite unaware that she used to be a male,” he replied. “Her personal history has changed completely, there’s no proof that she was once male, other than her memories and those of her sister. Her new female memories co-exist in her mind. She us slowly accepting what has happened, even if she doesn’t know why.”

“Does her sister accept her too?”

Magnus looked at his tablet.

“From what I can see, they are closer than before,” he replied. “The sister is very supportive and assisting her sibling through the transformation. In fact they are presently at a mall shopping.”

Simone stood up and began to pace back and forth.

“We need to compensate all three,” she said. “That is the law.”

Magnus nodded. One of the first laws he had learned was that if harm was done to humans, even by accident, then all efforts be made to provide compensation. Of course the payment had to be done in way that the humans wouldn’t suspect anything unusual. He wondered how they would pay the teen, since she had knowledge of her transformation.

“All seem well adjusted. The woman in Erie is rather happy, probably because she is much younger, even though she doesn’t have any memories of being older,” he noted. “She also has a family.”

“Have the two adults each win the lottery,” said Simone. “The money will make their lives easier. Hopefully they use this wealth intelligently.”

Magnus nodded as he took notes in his tablet.

“And the teen?” he asked.

“I will take her case myself. I want to study her particular situation,” said Simone. “Anything else I should be aware of?

“This is odd. Her mental transformation didn’t occur all at once; in fact it’s still occurring. The best I can compare it to is that her new memories are coming in waves,” he replied.

“That is also unusual,” said Simone.

“I do have one question, why were all the transformations male to female?” he asked. “One would think that there would be a female to male change.”

“All humans start off as female and then become male in the womb. The program must see this as an error.”

“So the transformation to female is a correction?” he asked.

“Yes Magnus, that is right, and a very interesting way of looking at it. Thank you, Magnus, you may depart,” she said.

Magnus bowed.

“As you command,” he replied as he backed out of the room.



Chapter 15

Simone sat at her desk reading Cari’s file. As she read, she sipped a glass of 200 year-old brandy. While most of the changes were permanent, there were some things that could be modified. Cari’s gender and body could not be changed, but other things could be.

She sighed when she saw the photos of Cari. It was one thing to make the girl attractive, but the spell had made her quite beautiful. This would bring all sorts of attention that would make her adjustment more difficult.

Simone frowned, when she saw that Cari was now a cheerleader. It was not something that was part of a normal adjustment spell and was obviously added by an older male demon. Unknown to younger demons like Magnus, many spells included special sub-spells to cover problems done to Cari and the others. Unfortunately some of the demonic programmers, usually male, interjected their own sexual preferences and fantasies. She would deal with the programmer later.

Simone decided that she would focus on helping Cari adjust to her new life as a female. It would be difficult due to the type of spell that had been used, but thankfully Simone knew ways to work the spell to make changes.

The cheerleading would be the first thing that she would change. She had nothing against cheerleading, but it shouldn’t be inflicted upon someone -- especially when that person is dealing with a gender transformation --, and more importantly when the person was aware of the change.

As she took another sip, Simone thought of a suitable modification to the transformation spell. To be a cheerleader required athleticism and an outgoing personality, and these sorts of traits were difficult to change, so Simone decided to use them to give Cari a different set of skills.

Simone then discovered something far more disturbing. Whoever had created the sub-spell had included a part that would give the girl a very high sexual drive. The good news was that, while it couldn’t be permanently removed, its energy could be redirected. This would lower her sex drive to normal but give Cari more intense orgasms. Simone knew that there was a risk to the solution, but it was the best alternative. She would have to monitor this until Cari learned to control these new feelings.

The unnecessary additions to the spell angered Simone, and she vowed that she would find out who did it and give them an appropriate punishment.

Over all, Simone was quite proud of her solution and couldn’t wait to see the results. However, she wasn’t done yet with the sisters. She decided against giving them the monetary compensation that that been given the others. Instead she would give them a different sort of reimbursement for the turmoil caused by the spell.



Chapter 16

Cari walked downstairs to find that Lori was already preparing breakfast.

“Good morning,” greeted Lori. “I’m making pancakes and bacon.”

“Sounds great,” replied Cari. “Do you still know who I am and who I was?”

“Of course,” replied Lori. “You’re my brother, now my sister ... make that my little sister ... no, make that my beautiful little sister!”

Cari smiled back.

“Then are you aware of the latest change?” asked Cari as she walked over to the fridge.

Lori paused and then nodded.

“Whoa, so you’re not a cheerleader now!” asked Lori. “Yeah, I just realized that! Weird, I wonder why that changed?”

Cari nodded, as she poured some orange juice into a glass.

“I’m now convinced that someone or something is behind this. The changes keep coming in, um like in waves,” replied Cari. “I mean, I’m not upset with the changes; I just wonder if they are over. I need some stability!”

“I know what you mean, but I have a feeling that whoever is doing this is looking after you, giving you a good life,” said Lori. “Maybe what happened was a mistake and they’re trying to correct the error?”

“Then why not turn me back into a guy?” asked Cari.

“Maybe they can’t. Maybe this is their way of helping you. I mean, I still know you and am aware of the changes,” said Lori. “I don’t know, but it makes as much sense as anything.”

Cari nodded.

“That’s true, I would be freaking out if I was the only one aware of what has happened,” said Cari.

“So what do you think of the changes?” asked Lori she checked the pancakes.

“It’s interesting. I mean, I liked being in the theater club last year when I was a guy, but I was just an extra. Now, I’m the star,” she said. “I had the lead in both school plays last year.”

“And you’re also a great singer and dancer, that will make Mom happy,” added Lori. “You’re actually very talented.”

Their mother had been a theater major in college but had given it up when she got married.

“Well, with a body like this, I’d rather be an actress and performer than a cheerleader,” said Cari.

“I have to agree,” said Lori.

“So what can I do to help with breakfast?” asked Cari.

“Whoa, now that’s a change I wasn’t ready for!” exclaimed Lori with a laugh.

“Very funny,” said Cari as she stuck out her tongue. “I actually like to cook now, not as much as you, but I like it.”

“Well, that wasn’t very ladylike! Anyway, I’m almost done; can you set the table?”

Cari nodded.

“Okay,” replied Cari

“Don’t worry, you can help me cook next time,” said Lori.

“Thanks,” replied Cari. “So what time are we picking up Mom and Dad?”

“Their flight gets in around five, so we’ll have to leave before 3:30. The good thing is that the Phillies are out of town so we won’t have any post game traffic.”

“True,” replied Cari as she set the table.

Lori looked over at her sister.

“You worried about their reaction?” she asked.

“A little,” replied Cari. “No, make that a lot! I mean, we’re in a totally new brand of weirdness right now.”

“It will be fine,” she replied. “Besides, I’ll be there with you. I will tell you that Mom and Dad will treat you differently. They will be more protective of you, especially Dad. You won’t have as much freedom that you used to have. Just realize that is because they care about you.”

“Thanks,” replied Cari. “I can’t imagine going through this without having someone to confide in. It would be a living nightmare.”

“That’s what sisters are for,” said Lori as she set the platter of pancakes on the table. “So, have you noticed any other changes?”

“Like what?” asked Cari as she helped herself to some pancakes. “You seem to know everything too.”

“Not everything, you still must have things that we haven’t discussed. For example, do you still like girls?” asked Lori.

Cari nodded.

“Boys too, I guess I’m bisexual in this latest wave of changes too,” said Cari.



Chapter 17

“What are you doing?” asked Lori as she walked into the living room.

Cari was sitting on the couch typing into her laptop.

“I’m going over thing that have changed in my life and things that haven’t,” replied Cari.

Lori sat down next to her sister.

“Besides the obvious, what are talking about?” asked Lori.

Cari looked up with a grin.

“Well, I still like watching football and cheesesteaks,” replied Cari.

“What kind of cheese?” asked Lori. “Please tell me that you don’t still like Cheese Whiz on your steak.”

“Sorry, I do,” admitted Cari. “Actually, I’m not sorry, it does taste better that way!”

“That’s so gross! So what else?” asked Lori.

“Well, the whole wardrobe and makeup thing, I really enjoy it” replied Cari. “I mean, really like looking nice, it makes me feel good. I found a whole stack of fashion magazines in my room, and I found that I like looking at them.”

She was dressed in a skirt and matching blouse. Her face was expertly made up and her hair was styled perfectly.

“That’s new,” said Lori with a smile. “And a nice change.”

Cari nodded.

“Okay, I was a bit of a slob as a guy,” admitted Cari.

Lori smiled back.

“That’s being kind, but then again most teenage guys are slobs. So what else?” asked Lori.

“As I said earlier, I like cooking now. Not the way you do, but I don’t dislike it the way I used to, but I already told you that,” admitted Cari.

“Well, that’s a real plus,” said Lori. “What else?”

“I like the same type of music, but no longer care about video games, also a plus,” continued Cari. “I also really love acting now. Before, it was just something to do, but now it’s deeper than that. I’m very passionate about it. In fact I wouldn’t mind trying it after school.”

Lori nodded.

“I’m very proud of you,” said Lori.

“Why?” asked Cari.

“I can’t image going through what you’re going through,” said Lori. “I mean, a new gender, a new identity, a new life, it would freak me out. You’re handling it all very well.”

“I would be freaking out if it wasn’t for you. You’re the one who told me to go with the flow. I still know that I used to be a guy, but when I just trust my feelings, I am very much at ease. Of course, I’m still getting used to so many new things. I mean, I have memories of being a girl my whole life, but it’s different doing things, for real, the first time.”

“Like what?”

“Getting up and sitting down in a skirt,” replied Cari. “When I don’t think about it I react like a girl should. Kinda like riding a bike, it’s easy when you don’t think about it.”

“Makes sense, I guess,” said Lori.

“Yeah, whoever did this to me really thought of everything, except one thing,” said Cari.

“What’s that?”

“In some ways I wish I never knew who I used to be,” admitted Cari. “It would make things easier. But at the same time, I don’t want to forget being Carson.”

Lori nodded.

“I can see your conflict,” she replied as she looked at her watch. “Well, we’d better get going to the airport. Do you want me to drive?”

Cari nodded as she saved the document and closed her computer.



Chapter 18

“They should be coming out any moment now,” said Lori.

Cari nodded nervously as they stood by the baggage carousel at Philadelphia International Airport.

“Just trust your feelings,” comforted Lori. “From what we’ve seen, we’re the only two who know what happened to you.”

She reached over and took Cari’s hand into her own. She could feel that her sister was trembling slightly.

“Cari, I know you’re scared, but it will work out and I’m here for you,” comforted Lori.

“Thank you,” replied Lori. “Damn, I can’t remember being this worried in my life, not even in my new old memories.”

Lori smiled back at her sister.

“I like the way you say that; it actually makes sense to me,” she said.

Cari smiled back.

“Please, please accept me,” whispered Cari to herself.

“Hey there they are,” said Lori.

Cari looked over to where her sister was pointing to see her parents walking towards them. It suddenly hit her how much she now looked like her mom.

“Hi girls!” greeted her father.

He then gave them each a hug and he was caught off-guard by the way Cari hugged him back so strongly.

“We were only gone a week,” he laughed.

“I know, but it’s so good to see both of you,” replied Cari as she fought back tears of joy.

“Cari, you look different,” stated her mom.

You have no idea, thought Cari as her mom gave her a hug.

“I love the new hairstyle! You look great with shorter hair!” said Mom. “I also love the new color.”

“Thanks, it was Lori’s idea,” said Cari.

“Well, it looks fantastic,” said Mom as she hugged Lori.

Her parents reacted as if she had always been their daughter. Cari felt a wave of relief sweep through her body, and she had to smile, when she saw Lori give her a wink.

“So how was the trip?” asked Lori.

“Very good! We’ll tell you all about it on the way home,” said Mom.

“So did anything exciting happen while we were gone?” asked Dad.

Cari glanced at her sister.

“Nope, it was all pretty calm,” said Lori.

Cari nodded in agreement.

“Well, that’s good to hear,” said Dad.

A moment later they noticed bags starting to come down the ramp.

“I hope our bags made it here in one piece,” said Dad.

As they waited, they didn’t notice the tall woman with raven colored hair standing off to the side. If they had, they might have noticed a sly smile on her face.



Chapter 19

On the way home from the airport, the Haynes stopped for dinner in Plymouth Meeting.

As they ate, Cari thought about what had happened to her over the past days. She was suddenly hit with conflicting feelings. On the one hand, she was happy that her parents were treating her as their daughter -- as if nothing happened. But she was also slightly saddened that they didn’t know that they had once had a son named Carson. She wished she could talk to them about it, but she knew it was a conversation that she would have to save for Lori. She also resolved to dedicate her life to her former self.

“Oh! I almost forgot,” said Jack. “Honey, do you have that envelope?”

Maggie Haynes nodded and pulled an envelope out of her handbag and handed it Lori.

“What is it?” asked Lori

“Open it up and find out,” he said with a grin.

Lori glanced at Cari and then opened up the envelope.

“Oh My God!” she exclaimed as she read the letter that was inside.

“What is it?” asked Cari.

Lori was too stunned to speak as she handed the letter to Cari.

“Wow! This is great!” stated Cari. “I’m so happy for you.”

“The head of admissions wanted to give this to me in person,” said Jack. “He’s an old friend.”

“I can’t believe it! A fully paid scholarship to Penn!” squealed Lori. “I can’t believe that I’m going to be an Ivy Leaguer!”

“You earned it, honey,” said Maggie.

“Congrats Lori! I know how badly you wanted to go there,” said Cari as she hugged her sister.

Lori wiped the tears from her eyes.

“I thought just being accepted there was an honor, but I knew we couldn’t afford it,” said Lori. “This is totally out of the blue!”

She then gave Cari a look, and Cari stared back as if to say 'we’ll talk more later in private'.

Chapter 20

Later that night, Lori and Cari were sitting on Cari’s bed talking about the scholarship.

“I applied for a lot of scholarships and grants, but I don’t remember putting in for this one,” said Lori. “I mean this is a fully paid scholarship to Penn!”

“Do you think it’s tied to what happened to me?” asked Cari.

“Maybe, but why? Shouldn’t you get something good? After all you’re the one who changed.” asked Lori.

“Maybe I will. But you also helped me through it all. Maybe they’re rewarding you first,” said Cari. “I think it’s great that my big sister is going to an Ivy League school.”

“Thanks,” said Lori. “But if whoever or whatever changed you is giving out rewards, then you better get something too.”

“We’ll see,” said Cari. “I’m not worried about it. Mom and Dad accept me and that’s all I could ask for.”

“Really?” asked Lori.

Cari shrugged and then told her sister her mixed feelings.

“I thank that’s cool that you’re going to honor your male self by excelling in life. It would be very easy to feel sorry for yourself,” said Lori.

“Not with a sister like you around,” replied Cari. “I just feel sorry for Dad; he really loved having a son.”

Lori nodded.

“Well, there’s nothing we can do about that,” continued Cari.



Chapter 21

On the following Saturday, Cari walked out of the bathroom with her sister.

“This is even worse that I have imagined. How can you take it every month?” stated Cari as she walked down the stairs. “Oh thanks for the help. I have to admit that I never thought I would have to use a tampon.”

“You’re welcome, and you’ll get used to it; we all do,” replied Lori.

“What are you girls talking about?” asked Maggie, who was at the bottom of the stairs.

“Cari’s having a rough time of the month,” stated Lori.

Cari felt her face grow warm and tried to hide her embarrassment.

“Sorry to hear that dear. Have you taken your pills?” asked Maggie.

Cari nodded.

“Good! Well, it too shall pass,” said Maggie as she walked towards the kitchen.

“Did you have to tell her?” whispered Cari to Lori.

“You forgot, little sister, that we don’t hide things like this among each other,” replied Lori. “It’s a nice aspect of being a woman; we don’t hide issues like this.”

Cari was going to argue, but then she realized that her sister was right.

They walked into the kitchen and saw that their father was already there.

“Good morning, girls,” he greeted.

They replied and sat down.

Maggie also sat down.

“I thought we’d go out for breakfast to celebrate,” he said.

“Celebrate what?” asked Lori.

He motioned to Maggie, and the girls looked at her.

“I just got confirmation that I’m pregnant,” she admitted. “Your father and I have been talking about it, and well, you’re going to have a brother or sister.”

Cari looked at Lori.

“This is so cool. I bet it’s going to be a boy,” she exclaimed

“Really?” asked Maggie. “Why do you say that?”

“A hunch,” she replied.

“I agree with my sister,” said Lori.

“Well, it would even things out here a little,” said Jack with a grin.



Chapter 22

A few days later, Lori and Cari drove together to the mall.

“You know, I wonder what you’re going to get out of this?” asked Lori.

“What do you mean?” asked Cari.

“You know what I mean. I get a full scholarship to the school of my dreams, Mom and Dad get a son, and we get a baby brother, but so far all you’ve gotten is a sex change,” said Lori. “You have to get a reward too.”

Cari shrugged her shoulders.

“I’m not a cheerleader anymore; that’s pretty good,” said Cari.

Lori shook her head.

“What’s your wish?” asked Lori.

Cari looked out the window for a few minutes.

“I don’t know, but I’ll know it when I see it,” she replied. “Right now, I just want to adjust to being Cari Haynes before I start my junior year of high school. School is difficult enough with having to adjust to being a new person.”

“True,” replied Lori. “Any new revelations?”

Cari nodded.

“Well?” asked Lori.

“I took your suggestion to heart last night, you were right, it’s very nice,” said Cari.

Lori glanced over and then grinned.

“Good for you,” replied Lori. “So how does it compare to being a boy?”

“It’s different, and I have to admit better,” admitted Cari. “It’s more whole body and longer lasting, also more intense.”

“Really?” asked Lori. “Well, you would have insight to both genders.”

“I guess that will help in my next relationship,” said Cari. “I do know what guys want.”

“Big deal! I know that and I was never a guy,” joked Lori.

Cari began to laugh.

“Okay, but there’s more to it than just sex,” said Cari.

“Speaking of sex, Mom is going to talk to you soon,” said Lori.

“How do you know?” asked Cari.

“She talked to me about it last night. She figures that, since you’re a junior, you should be careful,” said Lori.

“I’m not sure I’m ready for that talk,” said Cari.

“Did Dad talk to you about sex?” asked Lori.

“Yeah we had a very uncomfortable talk a while ago,” said Cari. “I think he was more embarrassed than I was.”

“That won’t happen with Mom; she’s not afraid to talk about sex,” said Lori.

Cari rolled her eyes.

“Just when I think I have a handle on all this,” said Cari. “I’m just getting over the fact that I just had a period.”

“You’ll do fine,” said Lori. “Oh, I have something else to ask you and if you say no I won’t hold it against you.”

“What is it?”

“Kevin’s cousin is in town this week and he wanted to know if you’d be interested in going on a double date,” said Lori. “I think it might be a good idea.”

“You’ve got to be kidding!” replied Cari.

“It will be a safe experience; Kevin has tickets to the Phillies. So all we’d be doing is going to the game and stopping for a post-game meal,” said Lori. “His cousin is a senior and from Kevin said he’s not bad looking.”

“And you really think that this is a good idea?” asked Cari.

“You’re going to start dating eventually; this is a no-stress date. His cousin is from New Hampshire and will be going back there in a few days.”

“When’s the game?” asked Cari.

“Tomorrow night,” replied Lori. “Kevin asked me about it this morning.”

Cari rubbed her chin.

“I guess it would be okay,” said Cari.

“Cool,” said Lori. “Don’t worry, I’ll look after you.”

“Thanks,” said Cari. “Well, I guess I need to get something to wear while we’re at the mall. I don’t think I have a Phillies t-shirt in my wardrobe now.”

“Too bad you didn’t get to keep some of your old wardrobe, I think you had a dozen,” said Lori.

“Only ten, I also had two jerseys, one from the 2007 season and a retro 1980’s Mike Schmidt blue road reproduction that Dad gave me,” said Cari.

“Well, I’m sure we can find something that matches your new fashion sense,” said Lori.

Cari nodded.

“So, what’s this guy’s name?” she asked.

“Dave,” replied Lori. “He’s on the high school ice hockey team, according to Kevin.”

“Does he have all his teeth?” asked Cari with a laugh.

“He’d better,” replied Lori. “Oh, and thanks for doing this, I owe you one.”

Cari shook her head.

“No, I still owe you a lot more than one for what you’ve done the past few days,” said Cari.



Chapter 23

“So, have you ever been on a blind-date before?” asked Cari as they waited for Kevin and Dave to arrive.

“It’s how I met Kevin,” replied Lori, “and look what happened.”

Kevin and Lori had been dating for over a year.

“Gee, thanks!” replied Cari.

“Actually, I think it is safe for you. Dave won’t be around after this weekend, and Kevin trusts him, which is good enough for me,” said Lori.

Cari nodded.

Well, you two look great,” said Mom as she walked into the room.

“Thanks,” said Lori.

“Yeah, hopefully the Phillies win tonight,” added Cari.

She was dressed in a shorts and a red Phillies t-shirt and had a Phillies cap on her head. Lori was dressed similarly except her top was white.

“What time do you think you’ll be home?” asked Mom.

“Probably a couple hours after the game is over. Kevin wants to take Dave for real cheesesteak, so we’re going to Pat’s,” said Lori.

Mom nodded.

“Okay, have fun,” said Mom.

“Thanks,” replied Cari.

Chapter 24

Cari had to admit that Dave was pretty nice. They sat next to each other during the game and made small talk between plays. To her surprise, he wasn’t just into sports. He told her that he was in the running for a several sports scholarships, but he was actually more interested in getting his degree in business.

She also realized that he was quite handsome. He was five–eleven and muscular with curly brown hair and dark blue eyes. He also had a great personality, and she quickly found that she enjoyed talking to him between plays.

“Hockey is fun, and I’m good at it, but I don’t think that I’m good enough to take it beyond college,” he said. “If the school is going to pay my way then I’m going to maximize my educational opportunities. So what are you going to study?”

“I want a school with a good theater department. I know it’s a long shot, but I’d love to go into acting for a career,” she said.

“Kevin said that you’re pretty talented,” said Dave.

Cari smiled back and then looked over at Kevin who shrugged his shoulders.

“Hey, you are,” said Kevin as he took a sip of his soda.

“Thanks,” she replied. “I just hope I find a school that thinks the same way.”

Their attention was drawn back to the game when Jimmy Rollins of the Phillies stole second base.

Cari stood up and cheered loudly.

When she sat down, Dave smiled at her.

“You actually like sports?” he asked.

“Oh yeah. I’ve been coming to games since I was a kid,” she replied. “I saw my first Phillies game when I was six.”

“Do you only like baseball?” he asked as he held out a bag of peanuts.

Cari shook her head as she took a few nuts.

“I've been to Eagles and Flyers games too,” she replied.

“You actually like hockey?” he asked.

“Not as much as football,” she answered, “but yes I like hockey.”

He nodded.

“I am impressed now,” he said.

Cari found that she felt very easy around Dave and had to admit that she was enjoying herself.

“Maybe you can come up to Boston sometime and catch a Sox game with me at Fenway,” he said.

“Anything is possible,” she replied. “But I thought you lived in New Hampshire.”

“I do, but I plan on going to college in Boston,” he replied.

Lori kept glancing over and was pleased to see that Cari was having a good time. She leaned close to Kevin and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“What was that for? Not that I’m complaining or anything,” he said.

“For asking Cari along,” she said.

“Hey, she’s pretty cool,” he said. “I also see that she’s getting along okay with Dave.”

Lori nodded.

Kevin then snapped his fingers.

“I just remembered something important!” he exclaimed.

“What is it?” asked Lori.

He leaned over to get Cari’s attention.

“Hey, Cari! My dad told me they’re going to be filming a movie around town this fall,” said Kevin.

His father was on the town council.

“Really?” asked Cari.

“Yeah they just approved the permits. He said that they’re going to do auditions for locals,” he continued. “I think you should do it.”

Cari just stared back.

“What a great opportunity Cari! You should do it,” added Lori.

“What sort of movie?” asked Cari.

“Some sort of detective story,” said Kevin. “I don’t know all the details, but they’re going to make the announcement of the auditions early next week.”

“Even if it’s just as an extra, it would be cool,” said Dave.

Cari nodded.

“I might have to try it,” she replied.

Chapter 25

After the game, they drove to Pat’s for cheesesteaks. They had to part a few blocks away, and as they walked to the restaurant, Dave slipped his arm around Cari’s shoulders. To her surprise, she found this action very appealing. It felt very nice to be close to him, and she found herself leaning close to him.

After their meal, they headed back to the car and again he held her close. Cari was confused by the conflicting feelings and thoughts running through her mind. Part of her was actually disappointed that Dave would be leaving town in a few days. She knew that it was for the best, and that the last thing she needed right now was to be in a relationship, but it felt so nice being close to him.

When they got back home, Dave walked her up to the front door.

“I had a great time tonight,” he said as he held her hands.

“So did I,” she replied.

“I was hoping that we could go out before I leave town,” he said. “Maybe go to dinner?”

“I’d like that,” replied Cari.

Dave smiled back at her.

“Cool,” he replied. “So how about tomorrow?”

“Sure,” she replied.

“Great I’ll pick you up around 7, if that’s okay,” he said.

“Sounds good,” she replied.

Cari noticed that he was moving closer and she suddenly hoped that he would kiss her.

Dave smiled back and her and then he leaned forward and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips.

“I hope that was okay,” he said as he held her in his arms.

“Yes, it was very nice,” she replied with a grin.

She then gave him a kiss on his lips.

“I have to go in, but I can’t wait to see you tomorrow,” she said.

He stood there and grinned back at her.

“See you tomorrow,” he said as he watched her go inside.



Chapter 26

Cari sat down across from Lori on Lori’s bed.

“You and Dave hit it off pretty good,” said Lori.

Cari nodded.

“So how was it? Your first real kiss?” asked Lori.

“It felt very good,” said Cari.

“Any regrets?”

Cari shook her head.

“No, it felt very natural and normal -- as if it’s the way it should be,” replied Cari. “When I first met him, at I was a bit apprehensive, but as the evening progressed, it felt very good to be next to him. I didn’t think about what I used to be and to be honest it felt very freeing, if that makes sense.”

“I suppose it does,” replied Lori. “I mean, you’re a girl now, so you shouldn't felt guilt over old feelings that no longer apply.”

Cari nodded.

“Just be careful about giving in to these new feelings, okay?” said Lori.

“I will,” replied Cari.

“Good! I don’t want to see you get hurt,” said Lori.

“Thanks,” she replied.

“So where is he taking you?” asked Lori.

“We’re going out for pizza or something like that; nothing too fancy,” said Cari.

“And after dinner?” asked Lori.

“Maybe New Hope and hang out,” said Cari.

“Okay, but call me if you need to,” said Lori.

“I will, thanks,” said Cari.

“You’re my little sister, and I need to look after you,” continued Lori with a grin.

“Normally I would come back with a smart-ass remark, but you’re right: I do need looking after,” said Cari.

“I’ll always be there for you,” said Lori.

She then wrapped her arms around Cari and gave her a long hug

Chapter 27

“You look nice,” said Lori.

Cari looked at herself in her bedroom mirror. She was dressed in a white, sleeveless lace top, a short floral patterned skirt, and sandals.

She was very pleased with her makeup and hair. I’m getting pretty good at being a girl, she thought.

“Casual enough?” asked Cari.

“Yes, perfect,” replied Lori. “So how do you feel?”

“Excited,” replied Cari. “I can’t believe I’m saying that, but I’m really looking forward to going out with Dave.”

Lori smiled back.

“Just as long as he treats you nice,” said Lori.

“I’m not worried about Dave,” said Cari. “I just hope that I don’t let my emotions take over and do something stupid.”

“Just trust in yourself,” said Lori.

“So do you think that this is the right thing to do?” asked Cari.

Lori nodded.

“Have fun, but be careful,” said Lori.

Cari nodded as she looked at her watch.

“Well, I better head down, Dave will be here any minute,” she said.

Cari and Lori headed downstairs and were met by their mom.

“Well! You look lovely,” said Mom.

“Thanks,” replied Cari.

“Just remember to be back by ten,” said Mom.

“I will,” replied Cari as she picked up her bag.

The sound of the doorbell suddenly caught Cari’s attention. She walked over and opened the screen door for Dave.

“Wow, you look great!” he said.

“Thanks,” replied Cari.

She felt her face grow warm, and she realized that she was blushing.

“Come on in,” she said, hoping that Dave didn’t notice her reaction.

Cari invited him inside to meet her parents and a short time later they were on their way.



Chapter 28

They drove right to New Hope and decided to walk around for a while before finding a place to eat. As they walked, Dave took Cari’s hand into his own. After a few minutes, he slipped his arm around her waist as they walked around the small shops of New Hope.

They ended up eating outside at a pizza place that overlooked the canal and Delaware River.

“So are you going to the auditions?” he asked.

Cari nodded.

“I plan to, although the dates and times aren’t posted,” she replied.

“I hope you get a part. You’ll have to let me know,” he said.

“Of course!” she replied with a smile.

“Even an extra part would be cool,” he added, “but I hope you get a speaking part.”

“Thanks,” she said. “I’ll let you immediately, if I get a part.”

“Cool! I hope we stay in touch,” he said.

“So do I,” she replied.

“I also wish we were closer,” he said softly.

“Me too,” she replied.

“So we can stay friends?” he asked.

Cari nodded.

“Cool,” he replied.

They then looked into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. He then leaned close and kissed her on the lips. Cari felt tingles run up her spine as they kissed.

“That was nice,” she said.

“It was,” he replied.

There was a long awkward silence, as they looked at each other.

“I know this can’t go any further, right now,” he said as he broke the quiet. “But I hope that we can try to see each other, in the future.”

“I’d like that,” said Cari softly. “I think you’re very special.”

“I think the same about you,” he said as he took her hands into his.

He then leaned forward and gave her another kiss.



Chapter 29

On the drive home, they talked about school and sports, -- anything but the real feelings that they were developing for each other. Cari knew some of the feelings that Dave had to be going through. She knew that he didn’t want their date to come to an end, but he didn’t know the right way to suggest something else. She had experienced something like this, back when she was Carson.

She also didn’t want the date to come to an end and she came up with an idea.

“I don’t have to be home until ten,” she said. “That’s over an hour from now.”

He glanced over at her and cocked his head.

“Do you have a place to go where we can be alone?” he asked. “If that’s okay.”

“It is,” she replied. “Head up the road and take the second left.”

A few minutes later, Dave pulled the car over in a secluded parking lot near a trail.

“This is nice,” he said.

Cari nodded.

He then gently pulled her close and began to kiss her. Cari let out a sigh, as she felt his strong arms around her.

Their kissing got more intense, and Cari soon felt Dave’s tongue slip into her mouth. It was a very pleasant sensation.

As they kissed, she felt his hands begin to rub against her breasts. When he reached her nipples, she let out a gasp.

“You okay?” he asked in between kisses.

“Hmm, yes, it feels so good,” she admitted.

“Do you want me to go further?” he asked.

“Yes,” she replied.

As he kissed her, she felt him unbutton her top and slide it off. She then felt him undo her bra exposing her breasts. He began to caress her nipples. It was obvious to Cari that he had done this before as he was very smooth. She suddenly remembered her own clumsy attempts with a girl back when he was Carson. Dave was much more experienced and it showed -- he knew how to make her feel good.

She then slipped her own hand down and began to rub his groin. Cari could feel his cock through the material of his pants.

“Yes, that feels so good,” he moaned.

Cari then decided that she couldn’t just tease him along, and at the same time she wasn’t ready to go all the way. She undid his belt, unzipped his pants and pulled out his cock. Without hesitation she began to stroke his cock. It all feels so natural and right, she thought. There was no remorse at what she was doing.

Dave was obviously enjoying what she was doing, as his cock was soon fully erect and he was moaning in pleasure. He lowered his head and began to lick and suck her nipples, which only made her increase her stroking.

“Um, wait a second,” he said.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing, I just want to put on a condom, don’t want to cause a mess,” he said.

Cari giggled as he retrieved a condom from his wallet. A few moments later they were back to making out.

It didn’t take long and Cari quickly brought him to climax. For a moment she debated giving him oral, but she decided that this was far enough for the first time. She felt Dave’s cock pulse as he came and from his reaction she could tell that she had done a good job.



Chapter 30

Dave watched as she reapplied her makeup.

“That was wonderful,” he said. “It was okay with you, right?”

Cari nodded.

“You didn’t force me into anything,” she replied. “I appreciate that you didn’t try to make it go further than what we did. I’m not ready for that. I’m not ready to lose my virginity.”

“Oh, of course,” he replied. “Just so you know Cari, I’m still a virgin too.”

“Really?” she asked with surprise. “I mean, that didn’t come out right, I just thought that all guys lost their virginity in high school, especially jocks.”

“Yeah, you’re right about a lot of guys. It’s not that I don’t want to do it, but I want to wait. I mean, I love what we did tonight, but I’m not ready either.”

“Cool. I like you even more now” she replied. “So do I look okay?”

He shook his head.

“You look much better than okay; you look beautiful,” he replied.

“Thank you,” she replied as she felt her face grow warm.

“That’s the second time you’ve blushed tonight,” he said softly. “It makes me love you even more.

Cari smiled back and then she glanced at her watch. “I guess we better get going.”

“Okay,” he replied as he started the car. “I’m really going to miss you.”

“I know; I feel the same way,” she replied.

Chapter 31

Lori listened intently, as Cari told her about the date.

“So?” asked Cari when she was done.

“How do you feel about it?” asked Lori.

“I enjoyed it,” she admitted. “I’m also pleased that I didn’t go too far.”

Lori smiled at her sister.

“So am I. I mean, you’re still adjusting to being a girl,” said Lori. “Any regrets?”

“No. I didn’t even find it strange when I had his cock in my hand. I guess I’m really a girl now,” she replied. “I needed to prove to myself that I was capable of being close with a guy and that it felt good.”

“Could you have gone further, if you had wanted to?” asked Lori.

“Yes, I could have,” replied Cari immediately. “It was hard to stop, but I’m glad that I did.”

“I suppose that’s a good thing. I mean it would be rough otherwise,” said Lori.

“I am going to miss him,” added Cari with a sigh. “I’ve only known him a short time, but I really like him.”

“Long distance loves are hard to maintain,” said Lori.

Cari nodded.

“Well, we’ll see what happens,” said Cari.

“When does he leave?”

“Tomorrow,” said Cari. “He’s leaving early in the morning and will be spending the night at a relative in New York.”

“Is he going to stop by first?” asked Lori.

Cari shook her head.

“We said goodbye tonight,” said Cari. “At least for now.”



Chapter 32

Cari got a text from Dave the next morning. He said that he already missed her and couldn’t wait to see her again. She immediately replied that she felt the same way and then headed down for breakfast.

“Any plans for today?” asked Mom.

“Kevin and I are going to a movie later,” said Lori.

“And what about you Cari?” asked her dad.

She shrugged.

“I don’t have any plans, but then again something may come up,” she replied.

Ten minutes later there was a knock on the front door.

“I’ll get it,” said Lori as she got up.

A few moments later she called out for Cari.

For a moment Cari wondered if it was Dave but when she got to the front door she was surprised to see her theater teacher, Ms. Chamberlin, standing there.

Dana Chamberlin was a short thin woman in her mid-thirties with short spiked blonde hair. In addition to her teaching, she worked at the local community theater and had directed their last two productions.

“Hi Cari, sorry to interrupt your breakfast, but I have some wonderful news,” said Ms. Chamberlin.

“Is it about the movie?” asked Cari. “I heard that they would be looking for extras.”

“It’s related to that and even,” replied Ms. Chamberlin.

“Is that you Dana?” asked Jack from the kitchen.

“Yes it is,” replied Dana.

“Well come on in. Would you like some coffee or something to eat?” he asked.

Dana followed Car and Lori into the kitchen.

“I’m fine, thank you. I had some great news and I had to tell Cari in person,” said Dana.

“What is it?” asked Cari.

“To cut to the chase, I have arranged an audition for Cari for a major supporting role in movie,” said Dana.

Cari’s jaw dropped, and she stood there speechless.

“I’m sure that you’ve all heard that they’re filming a movie in the area,” said Dana.

“I heard they would be just be looking for extras,” said Cari.

“As I hinted, I can do better than that. I know the casting director from college, and he contacted me asking if I had any leads on a local to play the daughter of the detective,” said Dana. “They want to use an unknown actress, and a local, in the part, and I immediately thought of you.”

“A supporting role? With lines?” asked Cari. “You can’t be serious!”

Dana nodded excitedly.

“It could be a huge break for you,” said Dana. “Of course, you’ll need your parents’ permission to audition.”

Cari turned to her parents.

“The answer is yes,” said Mom before Cari could open her mouth.

Cari looked at her dad who nodded in agreement.

“It’s a great opportunity,” he said. “And I know you’ll be wonderful.”

She ran over and hugged them both.

Cari then looked at Dana.

“So when is the audition?” she asked.

“This afternoon,” said Dana. “Now before you say a thing, I know you’ll be okay. The casting director will explain the scene and then have you do a reading.”

“No practice?” asked Cari.

Dana shook her head.

“They’re looking for someone fresh and genuine. Just relax and be yourself,” said Dana.

“And what should I wear?” asked Cari.

She was dressed in a t-shirt and shorts.

“Dress like you would when you go to school; the character is a high school girl,” said Dana. “You have a great fashion sense. A blouse and skirt will be perfect.”

“Wow! You mean they want an actual teenager to play a teen?” asked Lori with a grin on her face.

Dana laughed.

“Yes I know; the casting director mentioned this to me too. He said that he wants to start a new trend,” said Dana with a smile. “So, you game Cari?”

Cari looked at her family, who all nodded in approval.

“I’ll do it,” said Cari.



Chapter 33

Dana and Cari arrived at the hotel for the audition.

“How many people will be there?” asked Cari as they walked into the hotel.

“Initially just the casting director, but if you do well, then you’ll be called back for the actual director,” said Dana. “I’ll be in there with you.”

“Okay,” said Cari.

She dressed per Dana’s instructions, as if she was going to school. She was wearing a short plaid skirt and sleeveless top and ankle high boots.

“By the way, you look perfect,” said Dana. “I wish I had your sense of fashion.”

“It’s a gift! It’s as if I woke up with it,” said Cari.

She thought it was too bad that Lori wasn’t there to appreciate the joke.

They arrived at the room and met the casting director, Steve Lyons. He was a tall, thin man with steel framed glasses.

“I’m pleased to meet you. Dana has spoken very highly of you, and she isn’t one to give out false praise,” he said.

“I want to thank you for the opportunity,” said Cari.

After the introductions, he explained how the audition would work.

“I’m not going to give you a script, rather I’m going to give you a scenario and I want you to act it out. Does that make sense?” he asked. “I have found this gives me a better idea if the person can fill the role.

Cari nodded.

He then went on to describe the scenario that she was having an argument with her father, who was more devoted to his job as a private detective than his family.

“That’s it?” she asked.

Steve nodded.

“Let me see what you can do with it,” he said. “Speak to me as if I was the father.”

Cari thought about for a moment. This was so unlike her own life as her parents had always been so supportive, but then she thought about her recent transformation and what it would have been like if she had been alone.

“Okay, I’m ready,” said Cari.

Steve crossed his arms and nodded.

“Dad, I can’t believe you didn’t come to the school play,” exclaimed Cari angrily. “You know how much I wanted you to see me in the lead!”

She then put her hands up to hush him.

“No, don’t say it again. Let me, after all I’ve heard it so many times!” she shouted.

Cari crossed her arms.

“I’m so sorry. I really wanted to be there, but I couldn’t. I was working on a case and I couldn’t break away. I promise that I will make it up to you,” said Cari in a mocking tone.

Cari crossed her arms and glared at Steve.

“Dad, I had the lead role in the play. I worked hard to get the role and wanted you to see me up on the stage,” she continued as she wiped away a tear. “You have no idea how much it hurt, when I realized you weren’t there for me.”

Suddenly she then began to cry and buried her face into her hands.

“You okay?” asked Steve with concern.

Cari looked up and smiled as she wiped her eyes.

“Whoa, you can cry on cue?” he asked.

“It used to work when I was younger,” said Cari as she picked up a tissue. “Hasn’t worked on my parents in years, though, they know the trick. Still it helps in acting.”

“Wow! That was great. Can you stick around for a while?” he asked.

“Sure,” said Cari.

“Great, I have a phone call to make,” said Steve as he pulled out his phone.



Chapter 34

Cari walked into the house and was met by her family.

“Well?” asked Dad.

“The director wants me,” said Cari. “He’ll let me know tomorrow. He has to run it past the studio, but he says that they should agree.”

She was immediately surrounded by her family and hugged.

“Come on, this calls for a celebration!” said Dad. “Let’s go out to dinner.”

“I didn’t get the part, yet,” said Cari.

“That doesn’t matter. What counts is that you went through with the audition and did your best,” he said.

“I’m so proud of you too,” added Mom.

“I knew she’d get it,” added Lori with a wink. “So what happens if the studio says yes?”

“I’ll have to join the Screen Actors Guild and sign a contract,” said Cari. “Filming is due to start in two weeks, so we’ll have to work it out with school.”

“I’m sure we can figure that last part out,” said Dad. “So where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere?” asked Cari.

“Within reason,” he replied.

“Do you think we can go to The Drunken Squirrel in New Hope?” she asked.

The Drunken Squirrel was a family favorite and was often the place they went for celebrations. It was also a very popular restaurant.

“I’ll call and see if we can reservations,” said Dad.

“Just tell them that Hollywood’s newest star needs a table,” piped in Lori.



Chapter 35

“So, does she get the part?” asked Simone as she leaned back in her office chair.

“Yes, but just so you know, she got it on the strength of her audition and not because we owe her,” said Janus Delacourt.

He had worked in the movie industry since the days of Charlie Chaplin, through the many identities he had taken on.

“The studio’s main goal is still making money, and I can’t jeopardize a production even for a clan favor. If she hadn’t been good, I would have found her a small role.”

“I fully understand, but I’m also pleased to hear that she got the role based on merit,” said Simone.

“The studio is very impressed with her. If she’s as good as the director and casting director say she is, then I can see many more roles come her way. What they loved about her was that she seems so genuine and natural. If they only knew the truth! Thank you for sending her our way.”

“Well, your clan and ours have always helped each other,” she replied.

“How true,” he replied. “I appreciate that you thought of me, Simone.”

“It seemed like the best option,” said Simone.

“Of course, the girl will need a guardian. She’s still dealing with a lot of conflict; better than expected, but she will still need help,” said Janus.

“I agree and am already working on a solution,” replied Janus.

“Of course, I should have known,” he replied. “Well, thank you again for contacting me.”

“You’re welcome,” she replied as she hung up the phone.

She was quite pleased with the compensation for Cari. It was always nicer when the human’s own merit contributed the reward.

Simone was also pleased with the way that Cari was adjusting to her transformation. She knew that there would be still many hurdles, but so far Cari had handled herself well. Yes, she would keep an eye on the girl just in case help was needed.



Chapter 36



As much as she tried, it was hard to keep her role in the movie a secret. The filming began a week after school started, and she quickly became a school celebrity. The good thing was that she was able to keep a level head about it all while at school.

The movie starred an actor mainly known for television roles. He played a private investigator who had been hired by a restaurant owner who was being blackmailed. Cari played the detective’s teenage daughter.

The director also filmed several scenes around the school and many of her classmates served as extras.

Cari’s role was initially supposed to be a minor character, but it was expanded due to her performance. It really hit her that this might be a life changing event, when she was introduced to an agent.

The agent was a woman, named Geri Norris, and she had been recommended by Dana. Cari’s mom did some research and confirmed that the agent was reputable.

Geri agreed to meet with Cari and her parents at their home.

She was a short, thin woman with short black hair. She was dressed in slacks, a silk blouse and boots.

According to the information online, Geri had gotten her start in the business by working with the teen stars of major TV shows and worked her way up to representing movie stars. She also had the reputation of being brutally honest and pressing a hard deal with the studies. It was noted that she was very picky about who she represented.

“Thank you for agreeing to meet with me,” said Geri.

“No problem. I’m just curious why you are interested in me?” asked Cari. “I read about you online, you usually represent big stars.”

“Actually, I’m the one responsible for making them big stars. You are aware of how pleased the director is with your performance so far?” asked Geri.

Cari nodded.

“I’ve picked up a few more scenes than they originally included, but it’s still a small role,” said Cari.

“Your role was originally to be given to a well-known ex-teen star, who couldn’t make due to an unscheduled stop-over for a court ordered stay at substance abuse clinic. The part couldn’t be cut, so it was decided to be cut back and given to a local to create some good PR. However, your performance has caused the director to add many of the cut scenes back in.”

“I didn’t know that first part,” said Cari.

Geri shrugged.

“Anyway, you’re about to get several other offers for both TV and movies,” said Geri, “some of which are rather lucrative. I got a tip from an old friend of mine at the studio, and she recommended that I contact you first.”

“Really?” asked Cari. “What sort of roles?”

“To be honest, Cari, they’re crap roles. You have some choices to make. You can grab the quick bucks in some real forgettable roles, or take the other path with deeper, meatier roles that could set you up as a serious actress. I’ve seen some of your scenes; you have great potential, but if you pick the wrong roles you’ll be lucky to be doing garbage movies on SyFy or end up on reality TV. I would like to guide you and help you pick roles that could give you a real solid career. The money won’t be as good, initially, but in long run you’ll more than make up for it.”

“Um, excuse me but don’t you get a percentage as an agent?” asked Dad.

Geri nodded.

“So why would you steer Cari away from bigger paychecks?” he asked.

“Good question, Jack. The thing is, I’ve had clients who I wouldn’t hesitate to get the quick buck, because they were all looks and no real talent. I’ve also represented talented people who wouldn’t listen to me and watched their careers disappear. Your daughter has both the looks and the talent, raw as it is. If it’s developed correctly, she could have a substantial and long career. I have been told that she listens to advice, which is an even rarer commodity than looks and talent. And to be honest, I want to be along for the ride, as I think it could get very interesting,” replied Geri.

Jack smiled back at Geri. There was something about her attitude that made him trust her.

“Any questions?” asked Geri.

“So how would you develop my talent?” asked Cari.

“I can get you roles in productions with good people, the type that like to take a young actress under their wing and mentor them. You would learn on the job from the best in the business,” said Geri. “You’re fresh and uncorrupted. As I said, you’re willing to listen and learn and it really is rare in this business. But those that do last a long time and often go beyond acting. They succeed in life.”

“I’d like that,” said Cari as she looked at her family.

“In fact, I have an inside track to get you a part on a top cable drama, if you are interested,” said Geri.

“What show?” asked Mom.

“Have you ever watched ‘Erin Flynn’?” asked Geri. “Well, they owe me a favor and I know I can get you a good part on an episode.”

Cari looked at her parents who were nodding as the show was one of their favorites. 'Erin Flynn' was an award-winning show based on the detective novels of Faith Collins. It starred Alexis Eden as Erin Flynn, who was a private investigator in Boston.

“That would be so cool!” said Cari.

“The pay wouldn’t be great, but it would be great exposure and lead to more serious roles,” said Geri. “That show has been a great stepping stone for many young performers.”

“Like what?” asked Cari.

“I also have some insight on some movie roles that would be perfect for you. If you do well on 'Erin Flynn,' they’ll be beating down my door,” continued Geri. “Now before you say anything, I know you want to complete school, and I fully agree and will do my best to get you roles that minimize interference with your school work. Anything else you want to know?”

“Can we talk about this in private?” asked Dad.

“Absolutely! I wouldn’t consider signing Cari, if you didn’t talk about this,” said Geri.

“Thank you,” said Mom.

“I will leave a copy of the contract so you can have your lawyer look it over,” said Geri as she reached into her case.

“Thank you,” said Cari.

Chapter 37

The next day Jack called Geri and invited her back to their home. When she arrived, they signed the contract making her Cari’s agent.

“I promise that I will look after you Cari. I think this is the beginning of a very fruitful relationship,” said Geri.

“I have a good feeling about this too,” said Cari.

“Our lawyer stated it was a very fair contract,” added Jack.

“Thank you,” said Geri. “Now that I am working for you, I will get started on getting you that role on the 'Erin Flynn' show. I have already been in preliminary talks with them. They know you’re in high school, and they’re willing to work around your classes. The good thing about a show like this is that the shooting schedule is accelerated. It will require you to spend some time in Boston.”

“Boston? Cool!” said Cari as she thought about Dave. Maybe he could come down and see her when she was up there.

“The important thing is for you to focus on your classes and your present role. Remember, you’re only as good as your latest role,” said Geri.

Cari nodded.

“I like my character. She’s so unlike me in some ways and very much like me in others,” said Cari.

“That’s good to hear,” said Geri. “You should enjoy what you do. It will keep you balanced.”

Cari smiled back.

“I don’t have to worry about that. I have great support to keep me in line,” replied Cari.



Chapter 38

“Wow! My sister the star,” said Lori as they sat out on the back deck and enjoyed warm afternoon. “When you’re walking down the red carpet at the Oscars, don’t forget your family.”

Cari giggled.

“That will never happen; I will always remember my family. If I ever get to be a jerk, please put me in my place,” said Cari.

“Deal! And I will enjoy doing it!,” replied Lori. “So I wonder if this is all part of the change.”

“I know it is. Whoever was responsible for my transformation has given me a gift. I also know that it’s now up to me to what I do with it,” said Cari.

“And what will you do with it?” asked Lori.

“I like the path that Geri has proposed,” said Cari. “I like the idea of being a serious actress and not a teen star. I want to have a long career.”

“And what about the rest?” asked Lori.

“The rest?” asked Cari.

“Your life outside of acting,” said Lori.

“I want that too. I want to stay close to you, Mom and Dad, and the rest of our family. I want to keep my friends too.”

“And Dave?”

Cari smiled.

“We’ll see. But I want someone in my life who accepts me for who I am, not because I’m an actress,” replied Cari.

“Wow, you’re definitely more mature than you used to be,” said Lori. “I’m very proud of you; not just for this career change, but how you’ve handled everything.”

“Thank you,” said Cari. “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“That’s what sisters are for,” said Lori.



Chapter 39

Geri sat in her hotel room and pulled out her phone.

“It’s a done deal. We signed the contract this morning,” said Geri.

“Very good,” replied Simone. “I want to thank you for taking on this assignment.”

“It’s my pleasure. Cari has real talent and a good head on her shoulders, especially considering what she has been through. I like her sister and her family too. They are very supportive,” said Geri, “especially her sister. It’s good that Cari has someone in her life that she can talk to. Have you discovered what went wrong with the, ‘the program’?”

“No, but I suspect the problem wasn’t with the program. I think that the transformation occurred because of Cari’s own chemistry and soul. This is a very rare condition and will require monitoring. Her transformation isn’t complete mentally. In most ways she accepts her new life, but it isn’t complete. She is going to have some emotional ups and downs as she deals with new aspects of her life,” explained Simone.

“I assume that watching over her will be part of my job and providing steadiness when it’s needed,” said Geri.

“Yes, that’s right. As an empath, you have a special skill that allows you to help humans maintain emotional stability,” replied Simone.

“The hardest part is knowing when to step in and provide assistance and when to let nature take its course,” said Geri.

“That is true. We must allow Cari to adjust to her new life and adapt naturally, which she will in time. But when she is overwhelmed, that is when you must step in; we owe her that,” said Simone. “The change was accidental, and therefore we must do our best to help her.”

“After what happened to her, I’m amazed she’s as stable as she is,” said Geri. “Fast transformations of any kind are always difficult, even with the adjusting aspects of the spell. Then when you add the stupidity of the sub-spells, it’s quite remarkable.”

“I agree, and I suspect that her sister has helped,” said Simone. “I would also like you to check to see if she has empathic powers; of course you will need to be careful how you do this. If Lori has empathic powers, they must develop naturally along with her acceptance of them.”

“Of course. It’s a shame that humans are so fearful of having powers. They can be so superstitious about these sorts of things,” said Geri.

“I know. However, there are humans who are open-minded towards what they refer to as the supernatural. But then again, when our race was younger we had the same sort of shortcomings. If things progress as they should, Cari and Lori should be drawn to these sorts of people, including others who have undergone gender transformation,” continued Simone.

“That would be good,” said Geri. “I look forward to it. I knew this would be an interesting assignment.”

“Excellent,” replied Simone.

Chapter 40

“Thanks for picking me up,” said Cari as she closed the passenger side car door.

“How did the filming go today?” asked Lori as they drove home.

It was late Saturday afternoon, and Cari had just finished a whole day’s shooting at the house that the studio was renting out. The split level home was in a development a few miles from Cari’s home and was being used as the home for Cari’s character.

“Good. It’s actually easy compared to adjusting to life as a girl,” said Cari. “I can slip into a make believe world and not worry about the real world for a while.”

She then let out a long sigh.

“What now?” asked Lori.

“I got asked out again, another guy on the football team,” said Cari with a sigh. “I think they all want the ‘status’ of dating an actress.”

“Who was it this time?” asked Lori.

“Tom Black,” said Cari.

Tom Black was the starting running back for the team.

“Ewwww! Please tell me you said no. Do you know his reputation?” asked Lori with disgust. “He’s so arrogant, and he thinks he’s god’s gift to girls. He asked me out last year and I immediately turned him down.”

Cari nodded.

“And that’s why I said no. I told him Dave is my boyfriend. Yeah, I know it’s a bit of a stretch, but he seemed to believe it.”

“Good for you!” said Lori.

“You deserve some of the credit. I think I’ve listened to your advice more in the past few months than the rest of my life,” replied Cari.

“Better late than never,” said Lori with a knowing grin on her face.

Cari glanced over at her sister and smiled back.

“So how much longer is the shoot?” asked Lori.

“I only have two more scheduled scenes yet to shoot, unless they add some additional scenes,” said Cari.

“And do you think that will happen?” asked Lori.

Cari shrugged.

“Geri seems to think so. She said that the studio likes my performance a lot. Maybe this is going to lead to big things,” said Cari.

“And how do you feel about that?” asked Lori.

“I like it a lot. Geri said that the producer of the 'Erin Flynn' show is close to giving us an offer. She said that we could have a script in hand in a few weeks,” said Cari.

“I like Geri a lot; she honestly cares about your career and your life,” said Lori.

“I agree,” said Cari.

“So any clue on what of character you’d play on the show?” asked Lori.

“No idea, but it’s bound to be intense. The show always has very dark stories. I’m actually looking forward to playing a role like that,” said Cari. “It’s fun to play a role that’s so different from my regular life, and I plan on keeping my real life as normal as possible.”

“So what is normal?” asked Lori.

Cari laughed.

“Yeah, I might have to reevaluate my definition of normal since the change. Seriously, if I do become successful, I don’t want to become a different person and lose my family and friends,” said Cari. “I also want you to let me know if I’m going off the deep end.”

“Don’t worry, little sister. I’ll tell you long before you reach that far,” replied Lori.

Cari smiled back at her sister.

“You know, I used to hate it when you called me 'little brother'. I was so happy when I had the growth spurt and was taller than you. Now that I’m your sister, I don’t mind the nickname at all,” replied Cari. “I hope that we always stay close.”

“So do I,” replied Lori. “So what’s really going on with Dave? I know you text and email him all the time.”

“He’s getting ready for hockey season and he misses me, just like I miss him,” replied Cari. “I mean, we’re not really dating or anything, but I like him a lot. I love the way I feel when I’m in his arms.”

“Didn’t you two agree that you could date others?” asked Lori.

Cari nodded.

“Neither of us are right now. I am content to have a long distance boyfriend right now. Between school and the acting I’m happy to just have friends down here. I like going out with a group, but I don’t want to be with someone right now,” said Cari.

“That’s okay, but dating can be fun too,” said Lori.

“I’ll keep an open mind, but it will have to be with someone who likes me for who I am, not because I’m in some movie,” said Cari.

“Good for you,” said Lori.

“I still need time to adjust to being a girl,” added Cari. “I mean, I have the basics down, and much of my life feels normal, but there are still things that, well, scare me.”

“Like what?” asked Lori.

“Sex,” admitted Cari. “What scares me is that I’m afraid that I will lose control. When I was making out with Dave, I came really close to going further -- maybe even all the way. It felt so good.”

“I know what you mean. I have had those feelings with Kevin,” she admitted.

“Really?” asked Cari.

Lori nodded.

“We almost had sex last night,” said Lori.

“Really? How far did you go?” asked Cari.

“Oral,” admitted Lori.

“And?” asked Cari.

“His parents were in the city so we had the house to ourselves. We went up to his room and soon we were both naked, and well it happened. I don’t either of us wanted to go beyond that yet,” said Lori.

“And was it mutual?” asked Cari.

She nodded.

“Wow!” exclaimed Cari.

“That’s what I said, but it was much louder,” replied Lori with a laugh.

Cari also began to laugh.

“I know this has been rough for you, but I like the fact that we’ve become close,” said Lori. “I love how we can have these kinds of talks.”

“I know what you mean,” replied Cari.

“So anything else on your mind?” asked Lori.

“The whole pregnancy thing is leaving me really conflicted. We covered it in school this week, and I had it before, even when I was a guy, but this time it really hit me. I also look at Mom and how she’s changing,” admitted Cari. “I mean, part of me is excited about the possibility of being pregnant someday, and the other part of me is feeling a combination of fear and disgust, I guess there’s still part of me that’s a guy.”

Lori laughed.

“I’m not mocking you. You’re more of a girl than you think. I have had the same feelings,” explained Lori.

“You’re kidding, right?” asked Cari.

Lori shook her head.

“I’ve been thinking about it as I watch Mom change, and I wonder if I can go through with it. Other times, I’ve actually envious about what’s happening,” continued Lori.

“Wow,” replied Cari. “That makes me feel better. I have these moments of doubt that I’m doing the right thing, I mean acting the way a girl should act. I guess part of me still fears being outed as once being a guy.”

“Trust you feelings; you’ve done pretty good so far. I mean, I doubt Dave suspected the truth, and I haven’t heard a single negative thing about you.”

Cari smiled back at her sister.

“I always feel better after we talk,” said Cari. “You really should become a therapist.”

Lori smiled back.

“I appreciate that. I do like helping others. It feels natural, and it might be something that I will look into” she replied.



Chapter 41

That night Cari got a call from Dave. They talked for a while, before Cari brought up the fact that she was getting asked out a lot.

“I might have a solution for that,” he said.

“What’s that?” asked Cari.

“Kevin told me that you have homecoming coming up in a few weeks,” said Dave.

“Yeah, there’s the football game and the dance,” replied Cari.

“Are you going to the dance?” asked Dave.

“I don’t know, why?”

“Well, something came up, and it looks like I’m going to be down your way then, and well ... I’d like to take you,” he said. “The guys in your school might leave you alone, if they see you with someone, especially someone who care about you.”

Cari’s eyes opened wide.

“You mean that?” she asked.

“Yeah it would be fun,” he replied. “I already talked to Kevin, and he said that I could stay at his house. So, Cari, will you be my date?”

Cari giggled.

“Of course!” she squealed.

“Great,” he replied.

“So why are you going to be down here?” she asked.

“I’m being scouted by some teams,” he admitted. “I managed to get them to schedule the tryout during the same week of your homecoming dance.”

“That’s cool, but I thought you were going to college?” she asked. “You said that you didn’t think you were good enough to play beyond college.”

“College is still the main plan, but if I get drafted and get a good shot at playing professionally, that would really help out my family,” he said. “I would just push back going to college until the off-season. I know it’s a long shot, but I have to admit that your budding career has inspired me. My coach says that I could make it at the next level, if I continue to put my heart into it. Does that make sense?”

Cari smiled to herself, 'so it continues' she thought.

“Perfect sense! So what team is scouting you?” she asked.

“The Flyers, but I’m also being looked at by a few more teams,” he replied.

“I mean, the tryout is important, but I really want to see you again,” he continued.

“I know that, Dave,” she replied. “I can’t wait to see you.”

As soon as the call was over, Cari went over to Lori’s room and knocked.

“What’s up?” asked Lori.

“We need to go shopping tomorrow. I need a dress for homecoming!” exclaimed Cari.

After Cari told her about Dave, Lori broke out in a huge smile.

“I’m so happy for you,” said Lori.

“It also appears that the good karma is continuing,” said Cari.

Lori nodded.

“Well, see you in the morning. I saw a dress that would be perfect for you,” said Lori.

She then began to laugh.

“A year ago, I never would have thought I would say that!” she said.

Cari also began to laugh.

“Or the fact that I had a boyfriend,” added Cari.

Lori shook her head.

“Actually I always thought you’d end up dating a guy,” she said playfully.

Cari stuck her tongue out at her sister, and they both began to laugh uncontrollably.



Chapter 42

Cari went back into her room and got ready for bed. She began to think about Dave, and as she did she began to rub her nipples. The sensations were quite wonderful. Gradually her right hand began to slip down between her legs. She was unsure what to do at first, but as she began to rub herself, her instincts took over.

As she pleasured herself, she found her fingers beginning to slip inside her body. As she progressed, she began to moan slightly from the new sensations of pleasure.

She leaned over and fumbled in her nightstand drawer and retrieved her vibrator. It felt both foreign and also familiar in her hand. She slipped it under the covers and turned it on.

Gradually, Cari began to move the vibrator into her vagina and was rewarded with waves of pleasure. Yes, she had memories of doing this, but she was taken aback at how intense the sensations were for real.

As she continued to masturbate, she began to think of Dave and this only intensified her actions. She felt a glow throughout her whole body. The sensations were intoxicating, and they drew her in deeper. She was no longer thinking, as she let her instincts take over in her inner journey of sexual discovery.

Lori stood outside her sister’s door and was about to knock, when she heard her sister’s moaning. Lori stopped and walked away with a smile. What she had to discuss with Cari could wait until the morning. What was important was that Cari was taking another important step in the acceptance of her new life.



Chapter 43

“I know exactly what I’m looking for,” said Cari as she glanced over at her sister. “I saw the dress last week, but didn’t think I would have a reason to wear it.”

Lori smiled back.

“I suppose you also have the shoes picked out too,” replied Lori as she pulled the car out of the driveway.

Cari nodded.

“Yes, just as long as the dress is still there. If not I have a few other ideas,” replied Cari.

“Cool, by the way, did you sleep well last night?” asked Lori.

“Yes, why do you ask?” asked Cari.

“I know I do after a good orgasm,” replied Lori with a giggle.

Cari stared at her sister with a look of horror on her face.

“I wasn’t that loud, was I?” asked Cari.

“You were perfect. I came by your room and could hear you through the door. Don’t worry, Mom and Dad were already asleep,” said Lori.

“That’s a relief,” sighed Cari.

“So, how was it?” asked Lori.

“It was incredible,” replied Cari. “I had memories of doing it, but they didn’t prepare me for the real thing. I had no idea it would be that intense.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” said Lori. “You should enjoy your new body. But please don’t jump into anything with Dave.”

“I won’t. I mean, I hope we have some time together, but I’m not ready for love-making yet,” she replied.

“Good,” replied Lori.



Chapter 44

“You look lovely, dear,” said Mom as she looked at Cari.

Cari turned around from the mirror and smiled back at her mom.

“Thank you,” she replied.

Cari was wearing a black, high-neck dress with lace demi-sleeves, stockings and heels.

“Very classy looking,” said Lori.

“Well, I do have an image to keep up, now that I’m an actress,” quipped Cari.

“Just wait until you get famous, and I can start selling all the dirt I have on you,” replied Lori. “I wonder how much the tabloids will pay for the fact that you eat cheese steaks with Cheez Whiz?”

“Yeah, but I’ll make up for it with fans in Philly,” replied Cari. “By the way, you look great too.”

Cari was wearing a red one-shoulder cocktail dress.

“Thanks, but I think you’d look better in it,” said Lori.

Cari shook her head.

“I would be showing too much up top,” she replied with a laugh.

“Okay girls, you better get downstairs, your dates will be here shortly,” interrupted Mom. “But one last thing: have fun, but be careful.”

Lori looked over at Cari and then they nodded together.

“We will Mom,” said Lori.

Cari nodded in agreement.

“I’m so proud of both of you. I’m also happy that you’re so close,” said Mom. “I hope that you stay that way.”

“Oh, I think that we’ll always be close,” said Lori.

“I agree,” added Cari.

Ten minutes later Dave and Kevin arrived. As Cari looked at her date, she felt tingles run up her spine. Yes things were different, but all things considered, her life was pretty good. She knew that she would never have a normal life, and that didn’t bother her. In fact, an unconventional lifestyle suited her.

For a brief moment she could almost see the future. In that moment of premonition, she saw that she was a successful and respected actress and that she was watching Dave playing in the NHL and she knew that he was her man. As the vision evaporated she broke out in a big smile.

“Well you look happy,” said Dave.

She nodded as he took her hands into his.

“I’m happy to see you again,” she replied.

There was no reason to tell him what she had sensed. She did glance over at Lori who winked at her as if she had the same insight to the future. Cari winked back.

As they left together for the dance, Cari knew that even with the highs and lows, her life would work out.



Chapter 45

“The initial reviews from the studio are in,” said Geri. “They expect the movie to be a modest success.”

“And what about Cari?” asked Simone.

“They’re wishing that they used her in more scenes,” replied Geri. “They are already pushing new products my way. I will be very selective in what I recommend.”

“Very good,” said Simone. “And how goes her adjustment?”

“She’s doing quite well, and the confidence she shows in her acting is moving into her real life,” replied Geri.

“Any other changes?”

“While her relationship with the boy has grown stronger, she has learned to control her emotions and sexual drive. Your assistance helped, but I gave her a bit more assistance -- only a touch, though,” explained Geri.

“What did you do?” asked Simone.

She found the skills of empaths to be fascinating. It was a very subtle skill to mold human emotions.

“She was becoming more in tune with her sexuality, and it would be easy for her to go all the way with Dave. So, I gave her a very short vision of her future, and that there was no reason to rush things with her beau,” explained Geri. “She’ll have a wonderful time with him, but she’ll remain a virgin for the time being. She will also find relief through the exploration of her own body and not find shame in this very natural act.”

“Interesting,” said Simone. “So how realistic was this vision?”

“They are usually very accurate,” said Geri. “It doesn’t mean that her life will be free of strife, no lives are, not even for beings like us. Rather it keeps her focused on what is important to her. And for Cari that is her career and a long-term relationship with Dave.”

“Very good and what about her sister? Does she have the gift of being an empath?” asked Simone.

“She shows all the signs; in fact she has talked to Cari about becoming a therapist,” said Geri. “This is very common among humans who have the powers. It’s a very natural fit for them.”

“Thank you for watching over them,” said Simone.

“It’s my pleasure. I actually like both of the sisters, and I am happy to be their guide,” replied Geri.

Chapter 46

“So what time do you have to be home?” asked Dave as they drove away from the school dance.

Cari looked at her watch.

“Not for a couple of hours,” she replied. “What do you have in mind?”

“Kevin’s parents are out of town, and he said that I could bring you back,” said Dave.

“Okay,” replied Cari.

They drove immediately to Kevin’s home. They saw Kevin’s car parked in the driveway. Cari knew that her sister was probably upstairs with Kevin

They walked in quietly, and Dave led Cari downstairs.

“I’m using the guest room in the basement,” he said,

The room was nicely furnished, and Cari sat down on the bed as Dave sat down next to her.

“I was the luckiest guy at the dance tonight,” he said as she pulled her close. “You were the most beautiful girl there.”

“Thank you,” she replied.

They began to kiss, gently at first, but becoming more passionate with each passing moment.

Cari felt a warm sensation spread throughout her body as they kissed.

Dave began to caress her breasts as they kissed and she felt her nipples harden as he did.

“You like that,” he asked.

“Yes! Please don’t stop,” she replied.

Dave reached behind and began to unzip her dress, exposing her breasts. He then leaned down and began to kiss and lick her nipples.

Cari let out a gasp of pleasure.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked.

“No, it feels wonderful,” she replied. “Wait a second.”

She stood up and slipped off her dress and set it carefully down on a chair. She stood in front of him wearing just her stockings, panties, and garter belt.

“You are beautiful,” he said.

Cari sat down next to him, and they began to kiss again. As they did, Cari started to rub Dave’s cock through his trousers. She could feel it harden as she rubbed it. There was no regret or guilt as she did it.

“Hmmm,” he moaned.

“You like it?” she asked.

“Oh yeah,” he replied.

Cari then began to undo his belt and unzip his pants. She then took his cock into her hand and began to stroke it.

“Oh, that feels so good,” he continued in between kisses.

Cari continued to stroke him, and as she did she felt the first drips of pre-cum on the head. She then decided to take it to the next level. Without a word, she slipped down to her knees and began to kiss and lick Dave’s cock.

“You don’t have to do this, if you don’t want to,” said Dave.

Cari looked up at him and smiled.

“I want this,” she replied.

She then began to take his cock into her mouth. She had to fight her own gag reflex at first, but soon she was able to take him all the way in. She began to slowly let it out and back in. As she did, it hit her that she had crossed another bridge; she was actually giving a guy oral.

At the same time, she began to pleasure herself with her free hand. The sensations were wonderful.

Dave gently guided her head back and both. He could have easily physically dominated her, but it was obvious that he wanted their relationship to be mutually pleasurable.

Cari sensed that it wouldn’t take long until he came and she wasn’t sure what she would do when he did. She decided to let her instincts take over.

A moment later she felt Dave’s cock tense up in her mouth and then he came. She felt his cum shoot into her mouth and without thinking, she swallowed. At the same time she reached orgasm from her self-stimulation. It was all she could do to contain herself.

When Dave was done, she gently licked his cock clean, knowing how sensitive it would be after coming.

Dave then helped her up.

“I better go clean up,” she said.

Dave nodded.

“Hurry back,” he said.



Chapter 47

“How do I look?” asked Cari as Dave drove her home.

“Beautiful,” he replied.

“Thanks,” she replied. “I want you to know, what I did was because I love you and I wanted to do it.”

“I love you too,” he said.

“This long distance relationship isn’t going to be easy,” she said, “but, with my new career as an actress, I will get to travel. I will be up in Boston soon, and hopefully we can get together.”

“I’d like that,” he said. “You are different from other girls; I can’t place my finger on it, but you are different -- in a good way.”

“Thank you,” she replied. “I guess I am different, and I like it too.”

Chapter 48

Lori and Cari sat on Lori’s bed talking about their night.

“How did you like it? I mean, giving him oral?” asked Lori.

“I liked it! I liked it a lot,” admitted Cari. “Partly it was due to the physical pleasure, but also because it was like I passed another test.”

“That makes sense,” said Lori. “So can you imagine Dave making love to you?”

Cari nodded.

“I did as I pleasured myself, but I’m not going to jump into that,” replied Cari. “I’m happy the way things are right now.”

“Good,” said Lori.

“So what about you and Kevin?”

“We had a great time. We didn’t go past oral,” admitted Lori.

“Did he do you?” asked Cari.

Lori nodded.

“It’s great,” she admitted.

The sisters began to giggle.

“Would you let Dave try it on you?” asked Lori.

Cari nodded.

“Someday,” Cari replied. “I hope it’s not too far into the future. Maybe Dave can come to Boston, when I’m up there to shoot the show.”

“Just as long as it doesn’t distract you from working,” said Lori.

“No problem there. I know that I have to do well, to get new roles. If this is going to be my career, I will have to be serious about my acting. As Geri said, I don’t want to end up doing a bunch of crappy movies on cable.”

Lori smiled back.

“Good. I’m pleased to see this new, serious side of you,” said Lori. “I also think that this career is a great choice for you. I mean, you’ll always be dealing with what happened to you, so having a more flexible lifestyle might be better for you than a standard career.”

“You may be right,” said Cari. “I think the best thing about what happened was that we became closer. I can’t imagine making it though this without you.”

“I’ll always be there for you, little sister,” said Lori.

“Thanks,” replied Cari.



Chapter 49

The next morning Cari got a call from Geri. A few minutes later, she walked into the kitchen to tell her family she got the part on 'Erin Flynn'. Her parents and Lori congratulated her.

“I should be getting a script in the next month,” said Cari.

“And when will you be going up to Boston?” asked Dad.

“Looks like spring break,” said Lori. “But they may have me come up for a weekend shoot, if that’s okay.”

“As long as it doesn’t interfere with your classes,” added Mom.

Cari nodded.

“Oh, and guess what, Alexis Eden will be down this way in a few months, and she wants to meet us!” exclaimed Cari.

“You mean she wants to meet you,” said Mom.

Cari shook her head.

“No, she wants to meet all of us. Geri said that Alexis does this all the time,” said Cari. “She isn’t coming down just to see us; according to Geri, she has ties to the area and is visiting friends in the area.”

“Just as long as the paparazzi stay away,” said Lori with a smile.

“Oh yes, the Bucks Country paparazzi are well feared in the industry,” added Cari. “Actually I’m more worried about some stupid deer jumping out in front the car than some nut with a camera.”

Chapter 50

The knocking on her door caused Simone looked up from her to look up from her computer. She looked at her watch and nodded; at least he was punctual, she thought.

There was a second knocking.

“Come in,” stated Simone.

A young man walked into Simone’s office and stood respectfully in front of her desk. He was tall and muscular and quite handsome.

“Do you know why you’re here, Gregory?” she asked.

“No,” he replied with a slight touch of arrogance.

He had committed many infractions over the decades, and the last thing he was willing to do was to confess to anything.

Outwardly he appeared very calm and collected, but Simone could sense his nervousness.

“The reason you are facing me is that you have committed a very serious offense,” she stated bluntly.

He began to open his mouth, but was stopped by Simone’s upraised hand.

“Please don’t insult me by pleading your innocence,” stated Simone. “I have gone through the program used to update the Pennsylvania DMV files and found a subroutine. It was placed in the program by you.”

The man stared back in silence. He knew what she was referring to, but it was hardly a capital offense. There had to be more to this than just a few minor sub-spells.

“The evidence is overwhelming, and you have been warned of this act before,” she said. “In the past, you have received warning and minor penalties, in the hope that you would change. Obviously that didn’t happen.

The man nodded slightly.

“You have been convicted of this offense by the Council of Elders, and they tasked me with deciding your punishment,” she continued. “Do you have anything to say in your defense, before I decide your fate?”

“Okay, I admit to creating the program, but I fail to see the harm. The sub-program would only be activated upon the transformation of a human,” he replied. “It’s not like the person would be aware of the changes. It was put in, how do I put it, it would add some spice in their life.”

“And what if they were?” asked Simone as she hide her anger at his stupidity.

A stunned look appeared on his face.

“What if they were what?” he asked.

Simone glared at him and he realized his mistake.

“Excuse me, I meant that I didn’t understand the question, Madam,” he replied with humility.

“What if the transformed human maintained their old memories?” she stated.

“That’s not possible! It has never happened,” he replied.

“It is possible, and it did happen,” said Simone. “What makes it even more perverse, the sub-program affected a teenager. She is quite aware that she used to be male. While I’m still not sure why she has memories of her past life, I am now convinced that that sub-spell had something to do with it. I have corrected many of the more sexist adaptations you added. Those that couldn’t be changed, I modified to make her life easier.”

He stared back in silence as he absorbed the serious nature of the charges. If the human had been unaware of the transformation, he might have only gotten a slap on the wrist. But now he faced charges of hurting a human.

“There’s nothing I could do with the body you programed. But she is no longer a cheerleader. I have also decreased the high sexual drive you gave her. Yes, my dear boy, I found that little gift you gave her. While it couldn’t be removed completely, she now has control over it. What were you thinking?”

“Please, understand, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I was just ... just playing around,” he stammered.

“Silence! The spell was created for a teen! Who did you think it would affect? I have been casting spells before you were conceived,” she exclaimed. “Did you think making her oversexed would make her happy? You took your own sexual fantasies and inflicted them upon an innocent. You brought harm onto an innocent. She is very fortunate that we found her and provided assistance or she may have been drawn into some terrible situations. You’re lucky this isn’t the last century, as I would have taken your life for this offense.”

He lowered his head in shame.

“This is the reason why humans hate and fear beings with power,” she continued.

“I understand and will accept whatever punishment you decide Madam,” he said meekly, hoping this would help his situation.

“I have given long thought to what your punishment should be,” she continued. “I believe that everyone has a right for redemption, even someone as irresponsible as you. So your punishment will do just that. I have decided your sentence should give you an opportunity to learn and rethink your outdated sexual views. Use this penalty to see life from a different viewpoint and atone for your sins.”

He steadied himself for the punishment, which he knew would be some sort of physical transformation.

She then stood up and uttered a curse in their ancient language.

The young man felt a tingling over his body which grew with intensity. He fell down to his knees and felt his clothing evaporate off his body. He could feel his body change, but he was unaware of what Simone was changing him into. He tried to open his eyes, but found that he couldn’t. The tingling grew in intensity, and he soon drifted into blackness.

When he awoke, he found himself on a bed. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked.

“Please stand up, Grace,” said Simone softly.

It only took him a second to realize why she had called him by a girl’s name. He stood up and realized he was now a very young girl.

He stood up and looked his -- make that her -- reflection in the mirror. She was totally naked which allowed her to see her new petite form. She let out a cry of shock.

“Yes that’s right, Grace. You are now 5 years old, in human years,” said Simone. “You will grow up as a human female and experience life as a woman. You will grow up, undergo puberty, date, get married, get pregnant and raise a family. As you mature, you will have a body very similar to that of the human you transformed. It will make you very attractive to boys. You will have to learn to deal with this new attention, both wanted and unwanted. Hopefully this will change your outdated ideas of sexuality.”

“I’m human?” asked Grace with a stunned look on her face.

This was something that she wasn’t prepared for.

She gasped as she heard her new voice.

“Yes that is correct. You have been stripped of your powers. You will be placed with a human family who will treat you as their own child. Likewise you will see them as your family. Upon the completion of this sentence, your case will be reviewed, and if you have changed, you will be transformed back into one of our race.”

“How long will that be?’ she asked.

“Humans are living longer and longer, so I estimate 75 to 90 years,” replied Simone. “Oh, and you will live a long and healthy life.”

“And if I’m allowed back, will I be a male?” she asked softly.

“If you choose, but you may also stay female, if that is your choice,” said Simone.

Grace lowered her head and began to cry softly.

“Please use this as an opportunity for redemption. I didn’t pick this sentence to humiliate you but to give you a chance for growth. This is the only second chance you will get,” explained Simone with compassion.

“I’m so sorry,” said Grace as she began to wipe the tears in eyes.

“I’m sure you are, but that doesn’t change a thing. You are now Grace Wayne; live your life well and try to gain insight to your actions,” said Simone. “We will be watching you. Now, get dressed. It’s time to take you to your family.”



Chapter 51

Two weeks later the movie company finished up shooting and departed town. Cari had been called back for two additional scenes. Geri told her that this was a great sign that the studio was interested in giving her additional roles.

Two days later, a courier dropped off a copy of the script for the 'Erin Flynn Show'. Cari’s role was that of a girl who was being stalked and the authorities refused to believe her. Her character is the niece of a waitress who is friends with Erin Flynn, who takes the case as a favor.

Cari was slightly taken back by a few of the scenes and their adult content. In one scene, her character would be assaulted and put into the hospital. The good news was that she would survive. Cari was relived to read this, as she didn’t think she was ready to do a death scene.

In the meantime, she had time to get back to life as a junior in high school. Cari soon realized that it was very much like acting in a movie. She knew that she still was adjusting to being a girl and there were days that she had issues. The good thing was that she had her sister to fall back on for assistance. She also found that Geri was also a steadying influence on her life and was fast becoming a good friend.

Cari was still perplexed by what had happened to her that summer. Yes, her life, and that of her family was working out, but it was still a bit unsettling to think that there were unexplained powers out there. At the same time, she found the idea that supernatural beings might really exist exciting. She hoped that, one day, she would meet whoever was responsible for her new life. But that would be in another story.

The End (for now)

up
236 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Julie dear....

I just loved this story! I'm so looking forward to more of this story line when you incorporate some of your other famous characters into it! Please please hurry back soon sweetie! Loving Hugs Talia

Julie O

is back.. Great to see you writing and giving us such great stories. I am glad to see that magic was used initially to give someone perverse pleasure but then magic was used to help the person adjust and accept the changes. Just about every story I have read of yours has moral beliefs that the world should have. Your Julieniverse characters are strong but also very humble. Please keep writing

SDom111

Men should be Men and the rest should be as feminine as they can be

Thank you.

Your stories are wonderful. It is always a good day when you post a new one. I'm already dying to read your next story.

Thank you again and keep up the wonderful work.

Jessica Marie

Wow

This story ended up pretty cute. My only complaint, “I like the same type of music, but no longer care about video games, also a plus,” Why is that a plus? Jeez there is NOTHING wrong with video games Cari. There are a LOT of gamer girls out there, just because you got turned into a girl magickally doesn't mean you shouldn't like video games anymore. Video games have no gender, jeez I get sick of that stereotype.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Geek and gamer girls

I'm also tired of that stereotype.

Not sure if added because Cari is now a girl, or because she is supposed to be successful now. One would imply girls don't like or should not like videogames (yeaaahh look at my steam...) The other would imply that you can't be successful if you play videogames. But the same argument is not made for people who prefer reading as a pass time, or watch movies, etc.

A great story, but holding the same point of contention.

Oh, I don't blame the author

Oh, I don't blame the author for that. She doesn't control her characters, so it's not fair to assume the story is about that stereotype. I'd more blame the "supernatural" powers there. I mean they got rid of the cheerleader thing but the video games thing was just dumb. Gaming can be a profession (not one I do but if you don't believe me look up Twitch TV) You would be surprised just how much they make from streaming. Anyway it's also probably Cari's own internalized misconceptions about girls too.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Seeing a new story

Seeing a new Julie O story means a must read. Hopefully there will be more in the future with the return of more of your characters. Thank you for a great read.

Joanna

Things that repeat too often usually get boring...

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

I even remember a story in the news many years ago, about prisoners in Canadian penitentiaries, complaining that they were getting steaks for supper too often, and this at a time when our family was HAPPY to be able to afford steak for special occasions and any sort of meat on a daily basis. (Not to say I ever went hungry, we always had food on the table.) Many things devolve to 'same old, same old' after too many repetitions. ON THE OTHER HAND, however often JulieO posts her normally SUPER WONDERFUL writing, it NEVER gets tedious.

Thanks Julie, for another great story in your ever evolving, virtually ALIVE universe of tales.

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

shes back

Julie o is back with another great story. I for sure like the end (for now). great way to punish the bad guy. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

cool story

loved it!

DogSig.png

Very Enjoyable

littlerocksilver's picture

I enjoyed the more pleasant nature of this story. It wasn't nearly as dark as some have been recently. I have a feling that there's a reason for this venue. It's a change from the west coast.

Portia

Amazing story! Glad to see

thliwent's picture

Amazing story!

Glad to see another tale from you, you're one of my favorite authors 'round these parts :D

Demons? In the DMV?

Morpheus also did that in his sequel to The Devil Inside.

Makes a lot of sense.

-- Snicker --

Poor kid trapped or was it blessed by that old *saw* of magical transformations that you can't make a man from a woman. Or at least change one back.

As to compensating HER... I see what they did and are doing as a yes and a no.

No in that will compensation ever be enough to make-up/restore what was lost? History HAS been changed in both subtle and gross ways.

What if he was supposed to father children with a girl? Or with several women over the years?

Those kids will never be born. Unless the female(s) are now male and Cari will now carry the child/children. Genetically that would be close though not identical due to the mitochondrial DNA. IE is the hockey star she is falling for is the very woman HE would have had children with?

But then that would have required all of her history to be changed and…

Can you sat BIG Can of worms?

The retired widower who had been childless is now a mother of two. Two kids who never existed before the demon program *corrected* what it perceived as errors.

And as all three transformed men’s histories were changed therefore their interactions must also have changed.

They would have had different friends and all. This would have changed things for those other people.

The ripples of the rocks cast in the pond will grow and interact for decades.

Oh well. As Julie_O and others I respect have written -- and it is so true in real-life-- there are no perfect solutions. Only choices. Choices that are imperfect and that you cannot know the eventual outcome.

Here is where the yes argument in favor of the compensation being just/fair begins. The Demons who harmed him have made an honest effort to help/recompense her and they are doing so for the long haul.

That they have the agent and others watching over her is a good sign. Proof they do care about the mistakes/harm they have done.

Loved the strong hints of future interactions with mainstream Julie-verse characters.

The ending suggests Cari and a few others from this tale may become part of the Coeds/Protector/Iona/Jen Stevens and all interrelated tales.

Sweet.

BIG QUESTION is will the demons ever reveal themselves to Cari and explain what happened?

She and her sister are such good souls they deserve an explanation.

I am so happy to see that it was NOT suggested that the three transformations WERE the product of destiny/fate IE that they were somehow necessary for the future to evolve as it was supposed to.

Such a trope can be useful. It is a fairy tale ending where all is right with the World. VERY Disney Happy Ending TM.

But like any *quick fix*, stating that the transformations were part of some divine plan/fate/destiny could imply there is no free will. And Julie_O’s tales always involve freewill even when it is being subverted. Without free will there is no hope for justice. And little reason to struggle and try as there is no purpose to it.

Some great new characters here.

Good job, Julie_O, Itinerant.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Well, in most places, the DMV

thliwent's picture

Well, in most places, the DMV is one of the layers of hell, so it does make some sense...

And I can reference something with which you may be familiar, the DMV down in greendale, last I was there, was *clearly* infused with demonic energy, so much hate and suffering, and that was just the dmv workers :P

This reminds me of my youth...

shiinaai's picture

When I went to a junior college, a clerical error gave me a female 'midfix' (as opposed to prefix or suffix). I never bothered to change it because it was so damned funny. Then when I went up to the connecting university, all my documents were in my female name. When they issued our matrix card (student card in other words), all the data inside was of a girl with my name and my face. Since everything we did back then uses the matrix card, everything I did, from joining clubs, to registering for classes, to performing in a band to graduating was as a girl with my name.

That was hilarious, but once I graduated and I started to look for a job, the certificate that has an extra offending letter raised the question over and over again. It was still funny, but as I got older, it became less and less funny.

Of course, nothing magical happened to me. Would have loved if such magical things happened back then though.

Thanks for the wonderful story, Julie.

What I want to know is:

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Which government agency is scheduled to have their computer system magically corrected next? And is it possible to slip a little innocent letter F in to the database first?

*giggles*

Some Corrections involve a lifetime...

Neat plot, I don't remember one quite like it; also like the setting of Doylestown, New Hope, Bucks County. Stomped in the area years earlier. It would be neat if Lori with her gifts could sense those with gifts in the area, but in the area and back in time. It would not be much of a stretch for the rich history there. It would seem as a therapist and her experience with her sister she would be open to more than Ivy League schooling would impart.

But like others, your writing and story inspired imagination leads us to await what's to come.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Julie O, This is a really

Julie O, This is a really great story, and I was very happy to see mentioned one of your other great story characters, Alexis Eden. I am wondering based on a few comments in this story, if Alexis or few other "girl friends" of Alexis will be able to tell that Cari was once male as they were? I am really looking forward to either new chapters to this story, or Cari, her sister Lori and family becoming more known in the Julie O Universe by becoming involved with the others in their own story/s.

Another Good One From Julie O

Julie,

As you know I'm a long time reader of your stories and maybe with the exception of the last one and maybe one other, I have been very eager to read a brand new story by you. It's been a while and I was afraid that you lost your magic touch. After reading this one, it appears you haven't and have just gone a different way with this story. Again, good characterization, plot and of course the magic thread throughout the story.
I am kind of anxious to see where you'll be taking Cari and her sister later on and looking forward to any new stories from you. Hopefully you;ll continue with Jirra and Alexis very shortly.

Barry

I thought to not comment ...

Your story was quite good, and I noticed that you got lots of comments and kudos, so reasoned there was nothing for me to add.

Still, I have kept thinking about it and now must say that it was indeed quite good and has enriched my life by the experience of reading it.

Thank you.

Gwen

An awesome premise

WillowD's picture

I think this is the best story I've ever seen that uses the premise of modifying reality to match the computer program instead of the other away around.