Teenager of the Year - A tale of Delacroix High: Book 5

Printer-friendly version

 

Authors note: Apologies for the wait on this chapter. I know I did say I was going to try and get chapters out more frequently, but the truth is that this story is much, much bigger than I originally planned. By comparison, Adam's Song was easy: Turn a guy into a girl, write about the wackyness that ensues. But this is a much bigger story, which now has to tie in things like the lore building up around the universe, several new characters, characters from Chefness's "Platinum Chef" and soforth. I do still enjoy writing, but I just need to spend a lot more time plotting and bouncing ideas around to make sure everything works and doesn't seem too far fetched.

That said, -please- leave a comment if you enjoyed the story! Even just a random "Hey, great job!" is better than nothing.

Lastly, check out my Deviant Art page for more stuff and sexyness that's story related: http://red-gambit.deviantart.com/

 

Chapter one:

 

You may not know this, but a funny thing happens when your consciousness is torn from your body so that a Lust spirit can turn you into their own personal flesh puppet. See, I've heard Faye talk about it but I never really had a chance to appreciate it until now: the universe is built on a balance. It's the whole Yin-Yang thing. You can't give without taking, and you can't get without giving. It's a basic principle of physics. Matter can neither be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed or repurposed. Get what I'm saying here? Yeah, okay kind a muddy. But the point remains the same.

I'm not even sure Lust realises it, but when she took my body over, I didn't disappear. I wasn't relegated to the passenger seat while she did all the driving. Whatever her power was, it acted as a gateway: She was able to travel to the mortal plane and inhabit my body. Want to know what that means? It means that since she was inhabiting my space, I was inhabiting her space. I had a glimpse of the world she resides in while she was hanging out in mine.

I found myself standing in the abandoned hospital once more, there very same one I'd seen when Lust spared me from death. Barren rooms echoed with every step I took, the sound of my footsteps scraped and scratched with debris and dust underfoot. I shouldn't have expected anything different, I mused as I trace a finger over a set of instruments laying next to an empty bed. Everything about this forsaken place radiated emptiness, solitude and silence. If you stood still long enough, the sound of your heart beating might completely overwhelm you.

Stillness is what the Taoists crave. But in here, it only leads to atrophy and rot.

Besides, there was another problem that I hadn't yet considered: Until now I'd thought that I was completely alone.

"You're not Lust. What are you doing here?"

I spun about, gaze falling on the space that was unoccupied until a moment ago. A tall, athletic man stood before me. His body was clad entirely in black clothing, a stark contrast to the blonde hair he kept slicked back and trimmed neatly. By all accounts her seemed relatively normal, at least compared to Lust's penchant for constantly appearing as someone else's doppelganger.

But that was before I saw his eyes.

His eyes, lipid pools of red and black, instantly began to draw me in. They were so cold, empty and lifeless. Devoid of any concern or fear, they radiated a power that threatened to shatter me completely with a single glance. I was a spec of dust caught in a hurricane.

I let out a ragged gasp, tearing my eyes away from his as I staggered backward. He showed no concern or empathy for my sudden discomfort, he simply repeated his question.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know..." I steadied myself against a gurney, hands clutching onto a dusty sheet. "Something happened, she took me over. I mean, the real me. Back in reality."

He paused, craning his neck to look at me curiously. "Reality?"

I nodded, slowly regaining my composure. "Yes, reality. You know...Earth? America?"

Lust would have smiled. Chided me for speaking in such simple terms to a being who has witnessed the birth of an entire continent. Seen civilizations rise and fall. This man did not smile.

He simply fixed those cold, unflinching eyes upon me. "You're a Lillith, aren't you little one?"

I nodded hesitantly, trembling slightly. Everything about this man radiated...raw, untainted contempt.  Loathing. Not for me, but for what I was. For life itself. He despised me for having the audacity to even exist in the first place.

"So that's her game. She wants to escape to another realm all together."

"I think so...y-yeah."

His hand came to rest around my throat. His fingers were like steel beams that could snap my neck on a whim. I wanted to move. To run, scream for help, beg forgiveness for any transgressions I'd made. But I was paralysed. Terror gripped my whole being, rendering me incapable of the slightest action, other than to stare at him in total desperation.

At any moment, I felt like the steel trap around my neck would snap shut, ending my life the way it should have back on the bathroom floor. But instead, his hand drew away from my throat, releasing me from his grip. Tears stung my eyes as I tried to comprehend what had just transpired. My chest heaved with every sob, as I struggled to find any strength left in my limbs to stand.

"Who the hell are you...what do you want from me?" I choked out between sobs.

He turned his back from me, clearly thinking about something else. "You should be thankful I haven't done more. It's hard to step on ants without crushing them."

I didn't know what to say. He seemed to sense that helplessness, leaning in closely, hot breath almost burning my neck. "You are weak. You gave yourself up to fulfil an empty fantasy, becoming a puppet of Lust. A plaything. New change of clothes for when she's ready to walk amongst mortals."

I could only nod slowly in agreement. Not to placate the monster...everything he'd said was true. Becoming a girl hadn't made me any more satisfied or content. It hadn't filled the void in my life that threatened to consume me every waking moment. All it had done was serve to remind me that even in another gender, I was still inferior in one way or another. That I could never transcend or surpass my limitations.

"She's going to eat you up. When she's done there will be nothing left of you but the empty shell which she will inhabit. Unzipping her lips to wear your smile. You'd have been better off dead: At least then you could rejoin the chorus. Now there's nothing but oblivion to await you."

That was it...That was the deal I'd struck with her? Memories of our bargain suddenly came flooding back to me, as if a seal within my mind had been broken. I remembered what she'd promised me...a few sweet weeks, maybe months at best as a true female. A chance to experience everything I'd ever wanted, she promised, before she needed to take what she had created for herself.

Any rational person might ask why I'd agree to such terms. You'd be surprised what you can agree to when your life hangs by a thread. But with the memories I'd had hidden away also came the emotions, an outpouring of despair and grief washed over me. It was dark, oppressive and heavy...enveloping me completely, smoothing me to the point where even drawing breath felt like a task that was not worth the promise a few more seconds of life. I remembered the real reason I accepted her offer.

I had nothing left to live for. No reason. No purpose. And without purpose, what right does anything have to exist?

In that moment, his eyes widened with realisation. He sensed the shift within me, and a look of pleasant surprise crossed his face. I fell to the floor, breath coming in short, sharp gasps..

"You don't fear death, do you?" He asked rhetorically, studying me as I fought to regain control of myself. "That's an admirable quality."

"...what are you talking about....?"

He began to circle me slowly, each measured footstep caused dust and debris to crackle underfoot. "Lust feeds on pleasure and selfish greed. Justice sustains herself with noble and selfless acts. There are other Aspects of course, but I'm sure you've already figured that out. Without those chosen few they take to champion their cause, they would crumble and scatter like dust in the wind. And they need champions who can pay tribute, because no-one can be king without a kingdom to rule."

I sat up slowly, tears still running down my cheeks as I rubbed a hand against my throat where he'd held me. "What's your point?"

He stopped, steely gaze fixing on me once more. "I am Fear. Fear is the oldest and most powerful emotion of all. When the very first human gained self awareness, he grew afraid it could be taken away. Fear is the most base of all instincts. The need for self preservation is built upon it's very foundation."

"So what, you're asking me to work for you instead? I've had just about enough of dancing to other peoples tunes."

He threw his head back and laughed. "What use would I have for you? Fear is so powerful, so deeply ingrained into the thoughts of every single human to walk the earth, I have no need for Thralls or Advocates. Humanity itself feeds me by it's continued existence."

I gritted my teeth, anger and humiliation welling up within me...once again I've been used, and now I'm worthless. Doesn't matter if it's by my friends, Lust or some brain-donor football jock. Everyone just takes what they want.

"So just kill me then." I muttered, gazing up at him defiantly. "I'm through being anyone's plaything."

"If I killed you here and now, I might lose track of Lust forever. For now, you may continue to serve as the live bait for the big catch."

I clambered to my feet, hands clenched at my sides. "I told you I'm done with being a pawn! Find someone else!"

At that moment, I felt a darkness begin to creep in around me. The world was growing smaller, more faint as I felt myself being pulled away somehow. The sardonic smile that graced Fear's face faded with the light, as did all traces of warmth left in his expression.

"How embarrassing...I thought it went without saying that I do not care."

-------------------------------------------

Everything is dark...I can't see. I can't hear. I can't breathe. Oh god, I'm suffocating aren't I? That man...he's chased me down to wherever Lust was taking me. He's finishing the job he started, robbing my lungs of air. Of life. It can't end like this, not again, no-

I'm face down in the sofa, aren't I?

Jerking my head back, I opened my mouth to be greeted with the sweet taste of oxygen filling my lungs once more. Blonde hair cascaded into my vision as I became dimly aware of my surroundings: I was back home, laying on the sofa. What the hell happened? One minute I was talking shop with Bobbie and Faye, the next I'd been sucked into the Phantom Zone.

Glancing about, I caught a sight of a figure lying on the ground not far from me. It was Faye, I could tell that much by her hair color compared to Bobbie. She was bare-assed naked, her clothing strewn about the living room, one hand buried between her thighs, the other draped across her breasts, which rose and fell slowly with each breath. If I wasn't getting over having just been sucked into another dimension just to be choked to the verge of death by a monstrous hate-entity, I'd probably be pretty turned on by the sight.

Okay, so maybe it's still a little arousing. Jesus, are all of Lust's creations complete nympho's, or did we just luck out?

"Oh thank god, you're awake!" Said Faye's identical twin Bobbie, dashing in from the hallway. "I was starting to get worried I'd have to call 911 and try to explain all of this."

I shook my head, still a little groggy as I sat up. "Yeah, I guess so...What the hell happened after Lust did...whatever the hell it was that she did?"

Bobbie bit her lip, looking hesitant. "Uh, you mean took you over?"

I feel like I'm caught in an episode of a Joss Whedon fanfic. "Yeah. Possessed, taken over. Whatever. Just tell me what happened."

She ran a hand through her green and black hair. "It's all kind of a blur. She started talking about how she was going to finish what she'd started with Faye, make us her servants. But she was interrupted. Something freaked her out, she called it...Fear. I think it's another Aspect, just like Lust."

Aspects, huh? Fear said the same thing. Guess he wasn't lying.

Bobbie gave me a confused look. "I've got no idea who that is. She just mentioned something about Fear, then she...well, you passed out."

I rubbed a hand against my face, still trying to shake away the last vestiges of a restless sleep. I stood up from the couch, wobbling slightly before regaining my balance. I guess having your consciousness yanked about like a puppet on strings really knocks it out of you. "Yeah, I think we've met."

She looked at me, aghast. "You're kidding."

"I wish."

She fidgeted with her top, clearly not used to having breasts as large as what she now possessed, straining at the fabric. "Lust said he was bad news. She might have been lying, but-"

"She wasn't." I shook my head. "He's looking for her in a bad way. And we're the bait to lure her out."

A groan resonated from behind the sofa, and I saw Faye poke her head out a few moments later. "What the hell happened? I feel like somebody hit me with a truck."

Her twin looked at her dubiously, folding her arms beneath her chest. "You pissed off Lust, she cranked your libido up to the point where you started tearing off your clothes infront of us."

Faye stopped in her tracks, looking down at her naked body. "That....explains a lot."

"You don't remember?"

Faye was picking up her clothes from the floor, showing little interest in preserving her modesty from our wandering eyes. "Oh I remember. I was kinda just hoping it was a dream."

"So what do we do?" Bobbie looked at me helplessly.

"You can start by putting your clothes on." I chided Faye.

She flipped me a bird, carrying the bundle of discarded garments under her arm. "Fuck you. I can tell you're enjoying the show "

Bobbie waited until she'd sauntered off down the hallway, hips swaying enticingly enough to highlight the glowing Thrall tattoo on the small of her back. A sign of Lust's ownership.

"Okay...Uh, like I was saying?"

I gritted my teeth. I was living on borrowed timed. Lust was going to take me over first chance I gave her, and after that...there'd be nothing left. Not even an observer, I'd simply cease to exist. The idea gnawed at my insides, clawing and scraping with rusted nails. I'd given up everything to satisfy a desire that had left me feeling no more satisfied than when I was a man.

Should I just give up? Accept the inevitable and spend what little time I had left saying goodbye to the people I cared about?

For a moment I felt I might burst into tears. I began thinking about how I could have done things differently, dredging up memories wondering if there was some aspect of our bargain, some detail I'd overlooked that could somehow buy me a little more time or perhaps a reprieve. But as my mind wandered back through the days, I remembered the party...how I'd nearly been raped and humiliated along with Faye. I remembered how Chase told me the guys responsible wouldn't receive more than a slap on the wrist thanks to their place on the team and affluent parents.

The despair that threatened to overwhelmed me was turned back by a fire that flooded my waifish body with a strength and intensity I didn't think possible. New resolve saturated my synapses, as I clenched my teeth tightly enough that I could taste blood. No...if this is it for me. If this is all the time I have left, someone has to pay. Someone has to suffer as I have suffered. I need to ensure that even if I am gone, that some people can never forget me or the depth of the pain I've felt at their hands.

I will not fade away and become a memory. Not before I've had my revenge.

-------------------------------------------

The next morning I awoke to the sensation of my hand sliding between my thighs, teasing and probing the velvet lips of my vagina. I arched my back, a guttural moan escaping my lips as I felt the sheets cling to my bare skin. The most primal parts of my brain were already leaping into action before reason and logic had a chance to get on the field. The sensations were so intense and utterly delightful, coursing through me, filling me with a yawing need and hunger for mor-

No. No...not now. I had to control myself. If I gave in any more, I might risk changing back into the oversexed nymphette that ran away to Taylor. I needed to stay as I was, at least for the moment. I had too much planned for today to waste time trying not to fuck half the campus at Delacroix U. Besides, I needed to save an appearance from my alter ego for something a little more...advantageous.

Pulling my hand from my crotch, I didn't even give myself time to think about how good an idea this was as I moved it to my mouth and bit down hard on my extended thumb. The pain was intense, probably moreso than I'd planned for, but it definitely managed to kill the mood. I peeled the sheets off me, which were clinging to my skin from the sweat of my nocturnal activity and sat up, trying not to linger on how gross they felt.

I'd laid awake for hours in bed last night. Unable to sleep. Unable to think of anything but how I was going to make the most of the time I had left, however long it may be. A lot of people in my position would simply grab the closest sharp object, go to school, wait until the Blue Devils held their football practice and then get all stabby. Most people are clearly not me.

See, if you want to hurt someone. Really hurt them, you don't kill them. After all, death is only an instant of pain, I should know. To truly damage someone beyond all hope of repair, the trick lies in hurting them so badly that they -wish- they were dead.

And if I wanted to do that, I would need to get close to this trio. Work my way into their confidence. Gain their trust. Learn their secrets. Expose their weakness. I needed to know exactly what they held most precious in the whole world.

Why? So I can take it away from them.

A tight smile spread across my lips as I stood up and began looking for some clothes to wear. Beware the fury of a patient woman.

Digging through the pile of clothes Faye and I had sourced, I pulled out a few different garments and began to dress myself. Putting on women's underwear was starting to feel more natural now, as was slipping on what had previously been an impossibly small hoodie only to find it fit quite comfortably. Perspective is an incredibly subjective thing after all.

As I strode past Faye's room toward the kitchen, I could hear muffled moans and cries beginning to rise in pitch and intensity, signalling the twins awakening. It seemed almost absurd when I thought about that...we were a house full of seductive, alluring young women made for sex and pleasure by an entity that embodied desire itself. SyFy have bankrolled films with more believable premises.  

Inside the kitchen I began fixing myself a bowl of Fruit Loops. I was reminded as I took a sugary spoonful that rather than putting on weight, Faye's breasts actually grew larger instead. It was something she's mentioned in passing a few times, probably one of the tricks Lust puts in all her Thralls to ensure that they looked their most alluring at all times, regardless of how they treated themselves.

I wondered if the same might hold true for Bobbie since she seemed to be identical to Faye in almost every regard. Probably. Myself on the other hand...probably not. Lust had already ensured that I could turn into an Asian sexpot at the drop of a hat, so excess carbohydrates probably have a different surprise waiting for me.

The door to the bedroom cracked open and Faye strode out, looking dishevelled and wearing a black "Ramones" t-shirt wit similar panties. I knew it was her without even looking at her hair...Must be the attitude.

"I heard you waking up." She said with a sly grin. "Best alarm clock in the world, huh?"

My cheeks flushed as I swallowed the mouthful of Columbian-grade sugar. "...Might take some getting used to."

She took the box from where I'd set it down on the counter, and tossed a few dry pieces into her mouth. "I know you can hear me. Walls in this place are paper-thin,"

I narrowed my eyes. "You sound like you're enjoying this. Weren't you the one telling me a few days ago how fucked up this all was?"

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, tossing back another handful. "Bobbie and I have had to deal with being Thralls before. Its pretty high on my not-ever-doing-this-shit-again list."

"Then why so calm about it?"

She cocked a delicate eyebrow. "If I freak out, will that make my mark go away?"

I looked away begrudgingly. "Probably not."

"So there's your answer." She said, setting the box down on the counter. "Besides, as much as it sucks that I've been dragged back into this gig, it has it's perks. I can't lie."

"Still, this is all...very surreal." I muttered. "Can't anyone else help us who hasn't been dragged into this before?"

"Like who?" She shot back.

I rolled my eyes, trying to think. "I don't know....what about Amy Komori? You told me a long time ago you knew her. And Lust said she was the first guy she ever messed with."

Faye looked at me with the dirtiest expression I'd ever seen. "You're serious?"

"Can't hurt, right?"

Faye snapped irritably, grabbing her phone from where it was charging on the tabletop. "Fine, you want to talk to Amy? Let's do that."

"Wait!" I protested. "I didn't mean right now!"

"Noooooo, it's fine. Let's see what the all-powerful Amy-K has to tell us. What sage words of wisdom she can dispense!"

I tried to object, but she was already holding out the phone on speaker, it's ringtone cutting through my protests. After several seconds, there was a click on the end of the line as a sleepy voice answered the phone.

"What...? Oh...Faye? The fuck are you calling me for at the h-"

Faye cut in with a sing-songy tone. "Oh hai! Listen, I'm in a bit of a jam: See my friend Nick went and killed himself, only to get bought back from the dead as a girl by Lust! And she's going to take over her body completely first chance she gets! Oh, and Bobbie and I got dragged into this as Thralls, because it's not enough that she fucks up her own life without making us her honour guard! And Bobbie's my twin, because reasons!"

The phone was silent for several seconds before Amy saw fit to respond.

".....you guys are a bunch of fuckups."

And then it went dead.

 

Chapter two:

 

I never really much cared for high school the first time around. Honestly by the time I became a senior, I'd given up trying to craft any kind of image that would get me accepted into some cushy Ivy League college. I had my whole future mapped out: Be awesome at art, study art at Delacroix U, then make awesome art. If that last part didn't pan out for any reason, I could always become a performance artist who screamed at cans of spaghetti. Or was that a hobo who screamed at cans of spaghetti? Anyways, not like it matters now. The point is, I had dug around behind the sofa of destiny and academia, finding exactly zero fucks in loose change.

As I found myself wandering the halls of Delacroix High, pre-class pandemonium exploding all about me like landmines of adolescent hormones, I found myself wondering....why exactly did I want to come back to this?

"Kinda ironic, isn't it? You were the one who insisted I came back to high school as a girl." Faye chided, standing beside me as she folded her arms beneath her breasts. "That argument starting to ring a little hollow?"

I was getting all kinds of stares, though I wasn't sure if they were because I was the new girl, because I was hot, or because they were planning to show me exactly where I belonged on the food chain.

"Yeah, it's lost some of it's impact." I muttered tersely. "What do I do, find the queen bee and pick a fight to show them who's boss?"

Faye raised a well-sculpted eyebrow. "I wouldn't recommend it."

"Why not...too cliché?"

She threw me a half-cocked grin. "No, just that I don't want to mess up that pretty face of yours."

I scoffed indignantly. "Get over yourself."

"Aww, but that's how Rach and I first met." She pouted. "Besides, I had to endure all this by myself, now it's finally time for you to know how it feels."

Trying to know-how-it-feels is what got me into this mess in the first place. I sighed, looking over my class schedule.  "At least tell me where my locker is."

She snatched the sheet out of my hand, her alluring eyes scanning every line. "Looks like you're on the far side of the hall."

"Lead on." I said, gesturing to the hallway ahead of us.

"I'm not your fucking tour-guide." She glowered, thrusting the sheet back upon me. "Besides, I have to see if Rach is here."

"Still haven't kissed and made up?"

She shot me a look intense enough to make the Death Star look like a waffle iron. "Let's not forget who's fault this all is."

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Tell it to her, if I can find her anyway." Faye said as she started to drift away into the sea of teenage flotsam.

I gave her an indignant look. "Wait, you're seriously not going to help me? How the hell am I supposed to know where anything is?"

"Not my problem." She grinned darkly. "If you survive, I'll see you in the cafeteria at lunch."

I could have chased after her, but I knew her well enough to know that she was teasing me. This was payback for my setting up her enrolment when Kane became Faye. I figured it would be simple...I mean, she'd already done high school once before, how hard could it be? In the early days when she came home complaining or ignoring me, I left Faye to her own devices, figuring things would sort themselves out eventually. It would seem the impact of that has not been lost on her.

The bell rang, signalling students to begin their first classes of the day. In accordance, they began to reluctantly stuff their belonging back into their lockers and make their way to class. It also meant that on my first day, I was already running late.

"Goddamn it." I muttered under my breath as I tried to make sense of the map I'd been given. Far side of the hall, huh?

I started moving with a brusque pace. Scanning the rows as I crossed the main entryway and entered the west wing. A few other stragglers still wandered the halls, though it was obvious that they weren't nearly as intent on making it to their destination as I was. If I stuck around too long, rent-a-cops might try and pick me up for being tardy, and I had no intention of establishing a bad-girl persona for myself.

How else was I going to score myself a jock for a boyfriend?

-------------------------------------------

I stumbled into English around ten minutes late, enough to earn a look of disapproval from the decaying battleaxe who was performing roll call. I earned more than a few curious looks from my new classmates as I awkwardly made my way to a spare desk, which made me question if my choice in attire was going to brand me as a fashion victim. Faye had assured me that I'd fit right in as she helped pick out my wardrobe for the day: A pair of close fit black jeans, a scoop neck t-shirt emblazoned with graffiti stylings, along with her trademark Chucks and several layers of wristbands and jewellery. I'd packed a spare set of clothes from Faye's wardrobe just in case my inner slut-hulk (You wouldn't like me when I'm horny! Okay...you probably would) decided to make an appearance. But so far I was keeping those lascivious thoughts stuffed away in a dark corner of my mind, which suited me just fine.

After all, Faye could talk all she wanted about how this was my indoctrination into teenage life, but she didn't know that it came with a time limit. Nobody did, and I wanted to make sure it stayed that way while I did what needed to be done.

"Miss Lawson?"

I was scanning the classroom, but I couldn't spot any of my potential targets in attendance. A couple of the girls were wearing varsity jackets, which meant that they had ties to the team. Maybe start there?

"Miss Lawson..."

I had to be smart about this. The guys on the team would be naturally suspicious of me, given what went down at the party. Chase too. Should I tell him what I had planned? Probably not, last thing I needed was someone "trying to talk some sense into me" or something like that. Anyways, I ha-

"Miss Lawson!"

I blinked a couple of times, the wailing banshee up front finally snatching my attention. Miss Lawson...as in Nikki Lawson? I'd almost forgotten that was the name I'd used on my fake ID's when I'd whipped them up. I was getting used to being called Nikki, but the Lawson part still eluded me. A quiet chuckle rolled through the classroom as I ran a hand nervously through my hair. "Oh, right. Here."

"I know you're here." She scowled. "I finished the roll call almost a full minute ago."

I furrowed my brow in confusion. "Okay, sooo...?"

The teacher gave me an icy smile. "Since you're new, why don't you stand up and tell us all a little about yourself?"

So much for keeping a low profile. I cursed under my breath as I stood up, trying not to focus how every pair of eyes in the room was suddenly focused on yours truly. Fear is the mindkiller, fear is the little death that brings total oblivion...

"Uh, okay..." Fuck. It's only been three seconds and I can already tell Faye is a way better attention whore than I'll ever be. "So yeah...my name's Nikki. I just moved into town, still getting settled. Everyone here seems kinda nice an...uh...go Blue Devils?"

"Infinite monkeys at infinite typewriters, indeed." She commented dryly. "You may sit down."

I narrowed my eyes as I returned to my chair. Great, clearly this teacher....whatever her name was...had it in for me before the first class was even over. Guh.

Everything else about the class seemed just as grating: Minutes felt like hours as we covered literary relics like "A separate peace" and "The picture of Dorian Gray". Meanwhile my new classmates were either looking bored scribbling the occasional note, whispering amongst one another or covertly sending instant messages. It was all I could do to look even halfway engaged while teacher prattled on, blissfully ignorant or blatantly ambivalent regarding the disinterest being radiated from the class.

I almost fist-pumped the air when the bell finally rang, signalling our exodus from one class into another. I snatched up my books and made a break for the door, only to realise I had no idea where I was supposed to go next. Digging through my pockets, I was looking for the schedule when I heard a voice call out from behind me.

"Hey, new girl."

You probably already know this, but when you start at a new school, there are really only two types of people that approach you: First there's just normal people. They're scoping you out, seeing if you're cool enough to consider inviting into their little clique. To them, a new kid is like a science experiment that you prod and poke to see how it reacts.

The second is, to be blunt: Losers. They're the people who have no friends, and are desperate to befriend the new kid before someone else has a chance to inform them just how big a loser they really are. This of course, dooms the new kid to being a loser by proxy, but hey, misery loves company.

I turned about slowly, promising myself that if this was going to be a case of the latter, I'd sooner swallow my own tongue than be dragged into the ninth social circle of hell.

I was staring at a broad chest, t-shirt stretched across it adorned with the Under Armor crest. Looking up slightly, I was surprised to see Chase's smiling face. "Didn't you recognise me?"

I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't realise I'd been holding in. "Damn, sorry. There's just a lot of noise, you know?"

"It's okay." He smiled, taking a moment to study me. "I didn't know you'd started here. Been coming here long?"

"It's my first day." I said with a touch of nervousness.

"Ah, then you'll be needing the grand tour, right?"

I looked away. "Right now I just need to know where my next class is."

"Whatcha got?"

"Gym by the look of it." I held up the class schedule, but all the room names made so little sense they may as well have been written in Sanskrit.

"Hey, me too. I'll walk you over, c'mon." He said cheerfully.

"Works for me." Not like Faye had been any help trying to show me around. Any port in a storm, I guess.

We began walking, moving with the flow of human traffic. People seemed to give Chase a certain degree of respect and room as he moved, which I could only assume was attributed to his athletic prowess and place on the Blue Devils.

"These guys kinda worship you, huh?"

"It's not what you think." He said as we began to descend down a flight of stairs. "I'm just a people-person, I guess. A lot of guys on the team let it go to their heads and walk around like they're gods gift to...whatever. Me? I just try to stay hungry and humble."

"Is that why you run the show?" My tone carried a hint of irony.

"That, or maybe I'm just prettier than they are." He said with a half-cocked grin.

I chose my next words carefully, making sure they seemed palatable before speaking out loud. "What about the guys who were at the party?"

"All taken care of." He beamed proudly. "Coach has them at the top of his shit list. He told their parents, who I'm assuming meted out a little justice of their own. Outside of that, they're on the bench for the rest of the season. Closest they'll get to the field is playing waterboy."

I felt my jaw tighten. "Still seems kind of light, don't you think?"

"Don't underestimate the effect of getting benched. Sure, it's not like they're going to jail, but some of those guys were so dumb that being on the team was all the clout they had to make it through calculus. Take that away, and there's not much saving them from getting flunked. Year in a cell, or a year repeating classes. Not much difference if you ask me."

Maybe not, but I'll make sure that repeating class is the least of their problems. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks."

He flashed me another lopsided grin. "People-person."

-------------------------------------------

When I convinced Faye to go back to school, I'd told her that getting changed in the girls locker rooms was the key thing to remember.  The reality of course, didn't quite match up to the fantasy after all: Sure, there were plenty of girls who were scrawny, fat, or just straight-up ugly. They represented only a percentage of the overall class. And like anything with an average, there were also a few girls who were ranging from talented to smokin' hot in various states of undress, practically begging for a water fight to break out.

Naturally those were the girls that I gravitated towards. And wouldn't you know it? This little wolf in sheep's clothing had years of "gawking but not gawking" experience as a guy that was proving to be worth it's weight in gold right now.

Finally, things seemed to be going my way for once.

I was so caught up in the moment, I barely even noticed the sensations of arousal creeping over me. My pert little nipples stiffened, as I felt my crotch tense and shiver lightly as the lovely sights laid bare before me. I bit my lip, trying not to stare as I drank in everything I laid my eyes upon, barely noticing the slight tingle overtaking my body. It seemed oddly familiar, like I'd fe-

Oh shit. Not now.

I grabbed my gym uniform, moving quickly without trying to cause a scene as I slipped into toilet stall. I clasped a hand over my mouth, hoping to god or whoever would listen that the sounds I made couldn't be heard over the din of conversation in the locker room. The delightful sensations within me quickly intensified, and I nearly doubled over as the first changes struck me. I watched as the curtain of blonde hair draped before my eyes was struck by a black ink, which languidly overtook every follicle until there was nothing left but a waterfall of shimmering obsidian hair, glinting gun-metal blue when struck by the light.

My body was dragged along by the speeding locomotive of transformation, skin tone darkening to a deep tanned hue, as my features quickly shifted from a cute girl-next-door type to a smoky, alluring Asian siren. My breasts shivered with a rapturous delight as I felt them begin to swell, growing larger and more pert with every moment that passed until they dominated my tiny frame. A brief spark of pain punctuated the process as my waist cinched to a waspish proportion, while my hips and ass swelled to complete the perfect hourglass which Lust seemed to prefer in her subordinates.

I pulled my hand away from my mouth, panting for breath softly as I felt the changes begin to abate. My whole body was glistening with a faint dusting of sweat, every breath causing my swollen, bare breasts to wobble and bounce like some kind of exclamation mark to my distress. Worse still was what I felt within me: It was the same yearning, identical to the last time with Taylor. It was a hunger, a need for pleasure and release. To break the chains of my inhibitions and fears and simply allow myself to be carried by the current of my desires, taking what I wanted, when I wanted it.

I groaned softly as I stood up straight, no longer bracing myself against the wall. The panties which fit comfortably a moment ago were now stretched so tight the waistband looked like dental floss. God...damn it. I didn't need this. I wanted to try and hold off becoming a Lillith indefinitely. Whatever I do now feeds Lust, which can't be good for me. Worse still, when I'm like this...it feels like she's closer somehow. Or maybe I'm closer to her. I don't know.

I took a deep breath, trying to push the bubbling arousal and need for gratification aside. Come on Nick. You're a smart guy. You can figure this out. You knew you might change while you were at school, and you planned for it.

Of course, I'd planned for it. the problem was the clothes that I'd borrowed from Faye for such an eventuality were halfway across the school stuffed in a completely different locker. Which for all the good that did me now, meant they may as well be in another fucking universe.

Okay, fine. I'll make do with what I've got. Digging about in the pile of clothes I'd dropped at my feet, I quickly set about getting dressed. Needless to say, the shorts and t-shirt designed to be a modest fit were now tight enough they could be painted onto my egregious curves. I held up the sports bra, looking at it remorsefully. I'd tried to put it on, but the amount of boobage spilling out the edges made it look like I'd tried to stuff a couple of beach balls into a grocery bag. I hefted my chest lightly through the taut fabric of the shirt, noting that while hardly a substitute, it did a passable job of containing movement due to how tightly it was stretched across my tits. Though that came with it's own problems, including, how my nipples looked like they were trying to bore their way to freedom through the fabric.

Stepping out of the stall, I was instantly greeted by several curious looks from the few lingering girls in the locker room. Instinctively I averted my gaze, wondering if they were staring because they hadn't seen me before, or if I looked like an extra from a softcore porno.

I grabbed a scrunchie from my bag, eager to tame my now impossibly long hair into a more functional ponytail. Following the rest of the girls out of the locker room, I did my best to ignore a second salvo of glares directed my way, this time from the boys. I swallowed, finding their looks of undisguised lust and longing to be...somewhat provocative. I took a ragged breath, trying to fight a losing battle against my churning, swelling desires.

Our teacher, an athletic man in his mid thirties gave me a curious look, clearly teetering on wether he should point out my scandalously tight uniform or simply sit back and enjoy the show that was about to unfold. Thankfully...or perhaps unfortunately, he seemed to opt for the latter option.

"You must be the new girl. What's your name?"

Name? Oh shit. I never actually made it this far in my planning. I wracked my brain, trying to think of something plausible given my appearance. Fortunately for the first time in the history of forever, my near encyclopaedic knowledge of anime and Japanese pop culture was not about to let me fail after getting so far.

"Hiromi." I said with a slight hint of uncertainty.

He gave me a lop-sided grin. "Okay Hiromi. Listen up: The name of the game is dodgeball. Either catch the ball or get the hell out of the way. Think you can manage that?"

Clearly this man was already taking liberties in assuming my IQ was scaled inversely to my sex appeal. "Yeah, I got it."

-------------------------------------------

Normally when you watch a teen movie, the dodgeball scene is used for only one purpose: To show the protagonist getting wailed on because they're unpopular. They get pelted with balls because everyone is looking to make an example of them, a fact exacerbated by their lack of athletic talent.

This however, is not a teen movie.

When Lust creates a Thrall or Lillith, they're not just made purely for sex. They're designed to be perfect. Physically flawless, transcending the possibilities of what one might consider to be naturally gifted. How else are her servants supposed to tease and elicit the desires of men and women that she craves so much? Think about it: If Faye was purely a natural girl, her breasts would cause her no end of back pain given their size. And how else could you explain her breasts growing instead of putting on weight? It's the same with Bobbie....they can both see the desires of people, their flaws and weaknesses, in order to know how best to give them what they crave. Even amongst other girls, they're apex predators.

I can't say I boast the same talents given that we're not exactly the same. But I can say that aside from my "Dr.Jekyl and Miss. Nympho" phases, is that I'm fast, agile and possess a degree of flexibility that would make Reed Richards sit up and take notice.

Ducking and weaving, I tried to keep my mind from wandering as one ball after another flew past me. But they made it just...so damn easy.  Every shot missed by only inches, but it may as well have been miles as their jet stream gently caressed my skin. I slipped between all them effortlessly, until I was the only person left standing on the court. The response from my classmates seemed to run the gamut between bemusement and outright envy, their cries and cheers growing more fervent with every successful ball that I casually dismissed.

Still, any game that's too easy eventually grows too dull to play all together. I stood still, making no effort to avoid one of the slower balls tossed my way, which despite my decision not to avoid it still only managed to clip me on the shoulder. the class erupted in jubilation that their dragon had finally been slain, while I sauntered off the court.

The truth was...for the first time since this ordeal began, I felt exhilarated. Every nerve beneath my skin was tingling with energy, reminding me that I was alive. I hadn't even had a chance to really test myself with everything that had been happening, the insanity of the last few days robbing me of my self confidence.

But now? This was more than confidence....like an all natural opiate, I could feel a sensation of power and strength saturating my being. It mingled with my bubbling arousal, producing a heady aroma that practically begged to be indulged until I'd had my fill. I was riding a high unlike anything I'd ever felt before, so strong and intense that I could barely think straight.

"Hey, those were some pretty slick moves." Came a voice from beside me. I looked up to see one of the taller guys from the class, obviously looking to strike up a conversation. "You really made us work for tha-"

He didn't get a chance to finish. In a heartbeat I was on my toes, grabbing his shirt and pulling him in close as my lips locked with his. The kiss was fierce, passionate and hot enough that it could burn us both. I didn't care about that. I didn't care that I was kissing a man. I didn't care about anything except finally doing something to sate the thirst that was ruling my every thought and action.

A cry of surprise and adulation when up from the class, but the teacher was quick to intervene, determined to spoil my fun.

"Hey!" He shouted, forcing my partner to reluctantly break away from the embrace. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I licked my lips without even thinking, determined to savour his taste. "Celebrating?"

"Yeah? I don't care if you're new, you should know there's rules about fraternising on school grounds. You just bought yourself an hour of detention." 

I bit my lip, a deliciously wicked thought crossing my mind in that instant. It wasn't really going to help my cause...but it's not like I really had much to lose either.

"Better make it two." I said, turning back to my nameless partner as I picked up where I left off.

 

Chapter three:

 

When I dropped my lunch on the table, Faye didn't bother to even look up from her phone which she was lazily perusing. She simply kept her gaze fixed on the screen as she spoke.

"You're in my light."

I scowled lightly, hardly in the mood to indulge her. "It's backlit. You don't need light."

"Check out the big brain on Nikki." Her lips curled into a smile as she turned the device off and finally levelled her gaze at me. She took a moment to recognise who she was speaking to, given that I wasn't quite the same as how I'd arrived at school.

"And the boobs." She added thoughtfully.

"You're one to talk." I muttered darkly. "I'm wearing one of your bras, and it's too big."

Faye shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "I have a lot of bras. Most of them are different sizes, depending on how well I adhere to my diet."

I gave her a curious look. "I thought you said you were usually an F cup?"

"Normally, yeah. But that can kinda fluctuate if I'm having a shitty day and decide to medicate myself with a tub of Ben and Jerry's."

Jesus. And here I thought that an F cup was what she topped out at. "You always discuss your breast size in the middle of the lunch hall?"

She rolled her eyes. "Like I give a shit if anyone cares. Besides, half the school has seen me naked anyway."

Which was actually true. Thanks to her jaunt in Faye's body, Bobbie had decided to steer Faye's career from what was already risqué modelling for fringe brands into straight-up, total nudity as a Playboy Playmate. Allegra refused to book her for any more jobs after that, which is reasonable when you consider that Bobbie did organize the whole thing behind her back. Now the only offers for work she gets are from Playboy, which explains the tickets to functions she's been trying to ignore.

"Point. I should probably buy my own anyway. Can't keep stealing clothes from you."

"No, you can't." She said flatly as a figure slipped through the crowds, taking a seat beside Faye.

"Nick, you look great. Did you do something with your hair?" Rachael commented rather icily.

She was wearing a sleeveless white t-shit, emblazoned with an image of zombie Che Guverea that was cut to hug her curves closely. I let a sigh hiss out between my teeth before deciding to respond. "Come on, you know that's not fair."

"True. That's what makes it fun."

I gave her an incredulous look. "How come you're mad at me and not at Faye? She's the one who cheated on you."

"And she cheated with you, right?" She asked while unwrapping her lunch.

My eyes narrowed as my voice grew audibly weary. "Technically it wasn't her...and you don't think what's happened to me is punishment enough?" 

She paused to consider that for a moment. "It is pretty funny, I will give you that."

I smacked a palm against my forehead. In that moment I silently prayed to Lust or anyone that might listen that I might be able to inflict the same condition Faye and I had been afflicted with on her. Like a sexy vampirism or something. A thrall virus.

"Okay, I get it." I said, folding my arms over...then with only mild irritation, under my chest. "I'm a horrible person."

Rachael jerked her thumb in Faye's direction. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm still mad at her too."

Faye seemed all to happy too join me in the self-pity party. "Don't rub it in."

The silence that dawned on the conversation may well have lingered until the bell for next period rang, if it weren't for an interruption from a tall, attractive brunette girl who sauntered up beside me. "You're Hiromi, right?"

Faye quirked a delicate eyebrow at the namesake I'd chosen, but knew to keep her mouth shut. For a moment I wondered if this was the girlfriend of my gym-class-romance looking for some payback. If that was the case, "no" would be the most pertinent, if useless response.

"Yeah, that's me." I muttered. If she wants to fight, may as well get it over with.

"You're new and all, so I get that you don't know the way things work around here. But trust me, you don't want to be seen with the lesbo-slut and her girlfriend. Unless you want in on the action, that is."

"Christie." Faye didn't seem the least bit phased by her challenge. "I see that black eye has healed nicely. Did you come back so I can complete the set?"

"Touch me again, and my dad will sue you into a hole so dark and deep that you'll forget what daylight looks like."

"Go ahead." She scoffed. "I think I still have some old Subway stamps that might be worth something."

Christie rolled her eyes laboriously. "C'mon Hiromi. I've got some friends who want to talk to you."

I gave Faye a hesitant look, but she waved a hand dismissively, indicating that I should get moving. I guess she wanted me to meet these girls and form my own opinions.

Christie led me through the cafeteria, which was so clearly segregated into different groups and social castes you'd think it was a zoo.

We stopped infront of a table located at the sporting-end of the exhibition. The table was mostly populated by attractive, athletic young girls, through a few of them were draped over members of the Blue Devils football team like expensive coats. This was the lions den: The source of all power in Delacroix High's social cliques. The top of the food chain.

They were the Little Devils. The cheerleading squad for the Blue Devils. State champions three years running, if you believe the plaque in the main hallway.

Christie set about introducing me to the rest of the squad which she was evidently a member of. Most of their names I forgot as soon as she mentioned them. After all, when you pick up any fighting game, you need to establish the pecking order in the roster: The best characters are ranked high tier, and are used to exploit and dominate the low tier.

I have no time for low tier trash.

Kyrie was the squad leader, and she fit the role almost to a fault: Leggy, brunette, curvaceous and a smile that could light up half a city. I felt my nethers tremble just at the sight of her, but I was able to force down the simmering need. I'd sated my thirst earlier, and it was enough to keep the beast at bay.

Kyrie stood up, swooping in quickly to give me a hug. I froze up for a moment, caught off guard as my arousal and conscious mind fought for supremacy in a koon-ut-kal-if-fee.

"You must be the new girl. You're the talk of the school."

Forget Star Trek. This is all getting a little Mary Sue for my tastes. "Is that a fact?"

A couple of the girls snickered at my response, reminding me that I might have to dumb it down a bit.

"Sure." She returned to her seat, picking through the remains of a salad. "Just appeared out of nowhere to slaughter everyone in gym class at dodgeball."

I shrugged my shoulders, looking to play it cool "Just lucky I guess."

Her eyes caught the light in the most enchanting way as she spoke. "Better to be lucky than good, huh?"

"She could try out for the team." Christie ventured, not prying her gaze away from the phone she was scrolling through.

"There's no openings on the team, brain donor." Another girl chimed in.

"That's true." Kryie said evenly. "But there may be an opening soon. Some girls haven't been pulling their weight."

One of the girls shifted visibly in her seat, a cute little redhead. Three guesses who Kyrie was directing that comment at.

Kyrie moved from cold and calculated to warm and friendly like she was trying on designer sweaters. "Looks like Christie rescued you from a fate worse than death, socially anyway. So feel free to hang out with us 'till you get the taste of lesbian out of your mouth."

I gave her a curious look. "You mean Faye and Rachael?"

She scoffed indignantly.  "Who else?"

"What's your problem with them?"

She shot me a disgusted look. "That bitch Faye acts like she's the queen-of-goddamn-everything. Ever since those nude pictures of her from Playboy got out, half the guys in school have been lining up to fuck her like it's some kind of achievement."

Okay, genuinely confused now. "And she lets them?"

"Probably? I dunno." Kyrie shrugged her shoulders. "All I know is that she's smart enough to keep leading them around by the nose. As long as they think they have a shot, they'll do anything she asks."

"The lesbian thing doesn't deter them?"

"Are you kidding?" She chuckled softly. "Boys are so stupid, trying to get through that force field just makes it more of a challenge."

The irony was soul-crushing. "Yeah. Stupid guys..."

-------------------------------------------

The rest of the day was just as exciting as a trip to the dentist. The classes posed little challenge or interest, and I didn't bump into anyone else that I knew over that time except for Rachael, who was still doing her best impression of the Ice Queen of Narnia. I spent most of my time listening to the droning of the teacher's voice fading into white noise as I struggled to resist the increasingly vocal demands of my body and it's bottomless sex drive.

I bit my lip, rubbing my thighs together beneath the desk as I watched the hands of the clock slowly inch their way toward their final destination. God dammit...why couldn't Lust accept payment from her subordinates in...I dunno...tacos?

Mercifully, the bell finally rang to signal the end of the day. Everyone in the room stood up like they'd been collectively stung and piled toward the door, not taking any note of Mr.Agee's requests to study chapters seven through nine because it -might- be on a pop quiz tomorrow.

After collecting the contents of my locker while doing my best to avoid all but the most overtly lascivious gazes, I made my way out of the building toward the car park, carried along by the tide of human exodus. My nipples were hard enough now that they were visibly tenting the fabric of my shirt, and it was all I could do not to fall to my knees and moan wantonly like a wolf howling at the moon.

Faye was waiting for me, leaning up beside her car, chatting idly with a girl I'd never seen before. As I approached, Faye caught a glance of me and waved the other girl off.

"Jesus." She muttered with a light sense of admiration. "You look like you're ready to fuck anything with two legs and a heartbeat."

I swallowed, fighting down a rush of embarrassment. "Is it that obvious?"

She tossed me a crooked smile. "Not as much as you think."

"How's that?"

She tapped a finger to the side of her temple. "Thrall, remember? I can see emotions like colored ribbons."

"Lucky you." I murmured.

Faye narrowed her eyes slightly. "Oh yeah. Lucky me: Turbo sex drive? Glowing tramp stamp? Boobs that don't stop growing when I -look- at junk food? My own nympho twin? Yeah, I'm having the time of my life."

I gritted my teeth, looking around to see if anyone had heard us. "Shhh! Jesus, you want half the school to know?"

"Oh please, like they'd believe me." She rolled her eyes indignantly. "Besides, half the guys here would believe my tits are filled with chocolate milk and it wouldn't dampen their enthusiasm."

"Okay, okay." I said impatiently as I opened the Evo's passenger door. "Let's just get out of here."

Faye pouted with mock-sympathy. "What's the matter pumpkin, teachers give you too much homework?"

I shook my head in frustration. "No, nothing except for....fuck!"

"Last I checked, fucking was an elective, not a core unit."

I shot Faye a dirty look as I suddenly remembered my transgressions back in the gymnasium. "No, I've got detention. I forgot all about it."

"Detention on your first day?" Faye let out a low whistle. "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, y'know."

"Shut up." I muttered, grabbing my belongings and pulling them from the car. "I'll find my own way home."

Faye smirked mischievously as she slipped into the drivers side. "Have fun. And don't let Rach bust you out, she's got a record for that kinda thing."

The Evo rumbled to life, and moments later it was following the conga-line of traffic heading toward the school gate. I took a deep breath, inhaling sharply to try and calm myself. Great, two days...I needed to control myself to make it through this stupid detention.

What's the worst that can happen in two hours anyway? Aside from spontaneously morphing back into a blonde fence post, or turning study hall into the most depraved act of sexual theatre known to man, anyway. I figure one of those has to be a given.

I'd almost made it back to the entrance, when I heard a car pull up behind me. From the tone of the engine I thought it might be Faye, but instead I heard Kyrie's increasingly familiar voice instead.

"Get in the car, loser. We're going shopping."

Turning about, I was greeted by the sight of a cherry red BMW Z4, it's convertible roof peeled back to allow two girls to sit in the back, along with Kyrie in the driver's seat and Christie in the front.

"You're talking to me?" I asked awkwardly. I might be a girl, but the male brain I still possessed was deeply unaccustomed to the attention of cheerleaders.

Kyrie gave me a wry smile. "No, I was talking to the other braless fashion emergency standing next to you."

"Can't..." I muttered, cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "....I have detention."

The girls in the car looked at one another, giggling in acknowledgement of a unspoken joke. Christie gave me a look that fell somewhere between pity and amusement, while Kyrie slipped out of the driver's seat.

"I've got this one. Christie, just park it nearby, we'll be back in five."

Christie nodded dutifully while she slid into the drivers seat, as Kyrie fell into step beside me. "Okay you little troublemaker, let's go see about your detention."

Despite the fact that classes had only finished fifteen minutes ago, the halls were practically devoid of students as we made our way toward the study hall. My eyes roamed about Kyrie's form, drinking in the sight of her toned and curvaceous form. God...she even -smelled- good. It was all I could do not to pull her into the AV lounge and test the soundproofing.

"So you're in detention for that stunt you pulled back in gym class, right?"

I blinked, my mind torn away from blissful fantasy. "Huh? Oh, right. Wait...you knew about that too?"

She laughed softly. "Do you have to ask?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess?"

"Please. After humiliating the rest of the class in dodgeball, you made out with Bart Cubbins infront of everyone." She gave me a knowing look. "Five minutes later the whole school knew about what you did. I don't know about your old school, but word travels fast here."

"Makes sense." I tried to think of something to distract myself as we walked. "So, did you send Christie over to meet me at lunch and invite me back to your table?"

Her voice didn't betray the slightest hint of guilt. "Yeah, that was me. You've got talent, and it felt like a waste to let it rot with Valentine and her girlfriend."

"Yeah, you already said that."

She shrugged her shoulders innocently. "So?"

I narrowed my gaze, growing weary of her dancing around the point. "Soooo...that can't be the only reason, right?"

She smiled confidently, even picking up her pace as if challenging me to keep in step. "Because this is -my- school. I run the Little Devils. I'm queen of the social ladder. I get all the good grades. I get to date whoever I want on the football team. So when someone new steps into my kingdom, I make it my business to see if they're an asset or a liability."

Jesus-god. Kryie wasn't a wolf in sheeps clothing, she was a goddamn tyrannosaurus. "Come on, you're telling me you go through this with every new girl or guy?"

"Not all of them." She shook her head. "Just the ones who look like they might be interesting."

I raised a delicate eyebrow. "So I'm interesting to you?"

Her lips twisted into a tight smile. "For now. And trust me when I say, that's not an easy feat. But the real challenge will be seeing if you can keep it up."

We rounded the corner to the study hall, stopping at the door where there were several students sitting in a painful silence, copying out lines or studying to catch up on a test they'd missed. A tall, statuesque man in his late 30's sat at the desk overseeing his flock of sheep, looking up only to take note of our arrival.

"Kyrie, I know." He said, gesturing to my partner in crime. "But you...?"

I felt my shoulders slump. Might as well get this over with... "Yeah, I'm Hiromi-"

"I think there's been a mistake." Kyrie interjected sweetly, but with enough force that I didn't think twice about letting her continue. "See, Hiromi's new, but we've already put her on the team. We need her for practice...she's gotta learn our whole routine before the next competition."

My mouth hung open wide enough that it needed a zoning permit. "Wha..."

"Yeah, we only just decided this afternoon." She shot me a knowing look. "Naturally, she's still a little excited."

He looked at her with an air of disapproval. "Really? This isn't the first emergency draft you've had for the team, is it Kyrie?"

"Nope." She didn't change her tone one bit, each word still dripping with sickly sweet syrup. "But you know that training takes priority over detention. Headmaster Dean said so."

Sweet angry fuck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was she really going to pull this off?

Our adversary took a moment to consider his options. It looked as if he might call her bluff and see if the principal really did want to get involved, just to settle a matter of discipline against the pride of it's athletic champions. But he seemed to think the better of it, instead abandoning the idea as he waved a hand dismissively.

"Fine. Get out of here."

"Thank you mister DeMartino." She took my hand, leading me away from the door. We'd almost made it back into the hallway before he spoke up.

"Just remember Kyrie: You better keep winning if you want to pull stunts like this. And nobody stays on top forever."

Kryie grinned impishly, looking back over her shoulder as she lead me toward freedom. "Then I guess that'll make me the first."

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This was a really good

gpoetx's picture

This was a really good chapter. What makes it all so interesting is I have no friggin idea where the hell all this is going. Between you and Chefness you both are going to give me brain hurt...lol.

Thanks

Red_Elise's picture

Thanks, glad you think so! Trust me, there's a plan in place. It's all building up to something....