My Thanks to all my friends, fans, and readers. From Catherine Linda Michel

Printer-friendly version

I know this isn't, exactly, a story, but I wanted it to be seen by as many as possible, and a blog entry just doesn't get as much attention as a posting on the main page. My apologies if I've overstepped any bounds.

Thanksgiving is once more upon us, and as is traditional, I pause to count my blessings. Among those blessings are the wonderful, caring, compassionate and understanding people who inhabit this electronic medium. It's been my pleasure to have talked to many of you through the years, and I've seldom been disappointed or let down. Instead, I've been uplifted, encouraged, even pushed to accomplish something I wasn't sure I could do.

My thanks also go out to the site owners who graciously allow us to use their spaces to thank, to vent, and to seek companionship and even fellowship. Without those owners, we would all be poorer and more frustrated.

To all the friends I've made, here and at other sites, Thank You So Much, for putting up with my drama queen rants and crying fits, and for sharing yourselves with me. You have made it immeasurably easier for me to strive to be who I believe I was meant to be. I hope I've returned at least a bit of that same encouragement to all of you.

To all the fans of my stories. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your kind words and comments. I guess maybe I CAN write after all! :-) Thank you all.

A special thank you to those who have become special friends. You know who you are. To name all of you would take up too much time and space, and I'd be afraid I'd miss one or two. You have been there for me when I needed, you have encouraged me when I needed it, you have even kicked my butt (verbally) when that was needed as well. I hope I will never do or say anything to jeapordize the love and trust you have, so unstintingly, given to me.

I have been the recipient of more love, understanding, and outright generosity than I could have ever hoped for, and my heart is filled with humility, gratitude, and love for those who have opened their hearts and their wallets to help me, and so many others. You have made some dreams come true, and kept people online who might not otherwise have been able to continue. My, oh so fashionable, hat (but not my wig!)is off to each and every one of you. :-)

Last but certainly not least, thank you to all those who write, who share their dreams, hopes, and in some cases their nightmares, in the form of fascinating, thought provoking, and sometimes frightening stories. You remind us that there IS hope in this world, that there is tragedy in this world, that there is redemption in this world, and you honor us with your words. You writers are the heart and soul of many, many sites and forums. You share with us, the most important things. Hope, love, and charity.

EDUCATE SOMEONE EVERY DAY! People fear what they don't understand, and they hate what they fear. Through education, we CAN persevere and advance.

Goddess Bless each and every one of you.

With humility and gratitude, I am,
Catherine Linda Michel

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And thank you for being you, Catherine

You've said better than I can, what shalimar and I have been talking about today.

And to everyone else as well, thank you for providing an audience, praise, and criticism as needed, and your friendship

Holly Logan / Holly Hart & shalimar ( she's busy cooking and doesn't want to touch the kybd, giggle )

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness.
It usually comes back to you.

Holly