Jack and Jill by Trudy - 4 - Decisions, decisions...

Printer-friendly version
10713145_m.jpg10713146_m.jpg
Melvin led a rather low key existence until
he was asked by his friend Trudy to become
Jill to her being Jack for a Halloween party.
But for Melvin, this wasn't just fling...

it was the role of a lifetime!

Jack & Jill by Trudy

Part 4

By Jessica C
Copyright © 2013 Jessica C
All Rights Reserved.

 


Image Credits: Title Pictures purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com. The models in these images in no way supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The models use within this work is solely for the representation of looks of the main characters of this particular story. ~Sephrena


 
 
Part 4: Decisions, decisions...
 
Chapter 10
 
 
“Sense and Sensibility” is reading better tonight; I have more empathy but I know it can’t be from just wearing a skirt. I don’t hear Sara come in or know she is here till she starts brushing my hair. “Melanie do you realize your speech is noticeably better, she asks? "You're becoming one of the girls when you're dressed."

We visit, she feels I am more relaxed despite my saying I am uncomfortable. I tell her, "I am thinking of going to school in femme tomorrow. I'm tired of worrying about my hair and all the transformations after school.”

My sister, Sara says, “You should wear something different from your Halloween costume until Thursday.” I agree that it makes sense and she leaves to figure out what to suggest for me to wear. When she comes back she has two outfits. She first suggests I have the breast forms glued so I can sleep wearing them. She tells me, “It will be a different experience.”

I agree as I am sure she is teasing about a dramatic change. Since they are soft how could it be any different? I go to bed at 11:15 wearing the breast forms and come midnight, I wake up Sara. I try to get Sara to help me to take them off. She wouldn’t, “I told you it would be an experience now enjoy and let me sleep.” So I had to learn to sleep differently from sleeping on my stomach.

-<-0->-

Sara wakes me at 5:30 saying, “Rise and shine girly! It is going to take longer to get ready for school today.” Mom pokes her head in later, surprised and upset that I didn’t ask for her permission. Sara and I are walking into school before she chuckles, “You forgot to get a permission slip from Mom for gym didn’t you?” She knew and didn’t tell me. So I text home, "Mom, I need a note to get out of gym class.” But Mom texts back, “You need to get permission from your counselor or the school nurse.”

I am glad I have a reasonable outfit on. I decide on asking Ms. Braun my counselor. She sends a note to my first class that I will be late. “Mel, tell me why you are dressed as you are?” She calls my mother and it is agreed by them I will make a five-page report on my experience. It is to make up for my missing gym.

I ask, “What if I want to agree to something else?”

Ms. Braun responds, “I am not asking I am telling you. You have already come dressed as a girl and without your gym clothes and without permission. What I'm asking is appropriate for your actions. You will be having the experience anyway.” Mrs. Braun is really good, most students, I included, do not argue with her. I need to sign the agreement as Melanie and Melvin.

I am given an excuse for being late to Ms. Roberts’ class. Ms. Roberts smiles and asks, “Melanie please introduce yourself and explain what you are doing. Class this is Melanie’s first day with us.” The class claps and says hi like I am a new student. This is more embarrassing than I thought possible.

She asks, "Please explain how your life is different as a female student?" She gives me permission to wait until Friday to address the class some more. I am relieved but not home free. She asks for two girls to be my chaperons. Three classmates including Sandy volunteer to help me. I am surprised by their help and how nice they are to me. Don’t worry, not all my classmates are so friendly like that including some other girls.

-<-0->-

I eat lunch with a group of girls and they force me into the girl’s room to check my makeup. They giggle as I use the toilet. They praise me as they know I am sitting down.

Erica has done something to set her eyes off which I like and I ask about it. She has time so she does it to my eyes which is not my intention. It is not glitter but her eyes and now mine are luminescent. Sara sees me and wonders about me going along with things.

I plan to ride home with Sara until I get called out of class. Mom says she had come to take me to have my hair done. “I don’t want to go to the barbers looking like this.”

Mom says, “That is very good because your appointment is at Carol Lee’s salon.” I don’t think I want that either. Carol was our neighbor years ago. She is obviously happy to see me come through the doors. “It has been a long time since you wished you were a little girl and could sit up here and get your hair done.”

I had forgotten about when my mom would take me along with her. She is right; I did wish she would do my hair. Several times she would have me sit on my mother’s lap or in the chair and she would brush my hair out giving it a little curl.

I whispered to myself, “Twice, you used lipstick.”

I thought it wasn’t loud enough to be heard, but Carol says, “It was more like a half dozen times, but you were a pretty boy. Now, look, how you have blossomed into a pretty girl. Did I hear right you're Melanie and you're going to be Jill for Halloween? That is every boy's dream.”

I begin to tear, Carol hands me a tissue, “Hey that’s all right, you’re not the first pretty boy to sit there.”

“Let’s give you a perm of loose curls that works well for Jill and Melanie both.” Carol checks my purse and finds the fingernail polish to redo my nails while my hair is drying. Mom has left me, so Carol feels free to take her conversation wherever she wants. That includes: if I have dated other boys; would I like to be a girl for a weekend; and why I thought Trudy chose me. I had not thought of any of those ideas, but the question of why Trudy chose me especially intrigues me.

-<-0->-

It is 3:40 when Carol is brushing my hair do out. It is a childhood dream, come true, but should I want it? The truth is I do, but I have trouble accepting this for me. I don’t realize how much I am smiling until. Carol says, “Mel until I hear otherwise, how happy you are about this? Don’t feel pressed, it is for you alone to share.” I want to give Carol a hug and kiss. Without me asking she shows me how to give a kiss while wearing makeup. She smiles, when I ask, “How did you know?”

Carol has called for my mother and she's waiting for her to pick me up and pay the bill. But I have calculated what she has done, the bill with tip and expecting I forgot something. I make out my own check. Since I hardly buy anything I know I have enough in the bank to cover the check. Carol smiles “Are you sure?” She knows my pride is on the line and accepts my check with no argument.

-<-0->-

Mom gets me home and there is enough time to make a good change. Sara comes in to check my hairdo and gives me a gentle hug. She helps me to get out of my school outfit and to change into a light blue skirt. I didn’t measure it but I know the petticoats and skirt aren’t any shorter than yesterday's outfit. While they are a reasonable length if you are a girl who knows how to wear that length, but I’m not her.

My panty has ruffles on the outside. Mom points out the pink ruffled panty and petticoat match very well and it should be difficult for anyone to say where one started and the other ended. I was to have pigtails but that is out with the new hair perm.

-<-0->-

When Trudy arrives she insists I have a bit more rogue on my cheeks and it does lend to the Jill motif. Tonight my toenails are showing in all their painted glory. Again Jack’s outfit is simple and Trudy makes the cutest picturesque boy-girl.

We get to our parking spot at work and as we get out there is a small crowd there to greet us. Our little town paper is out to get some photos. I hear a classmate Stacy telling my friend Jeff, “See, that’s what I would like you to do for me sometime.”

My white pantyhose sets off the pink petticoat and compliments my blue skirt and white top. Trudy puts a large bonnet on me and a Dutch-boy hat on her.

We enter the store, Tom is smiling and shaking his head at me while asking us to take our time going around the store three times. “Tomorrow, I’m having you two greet customers until 7:00 p.m.” Tom calls me aside and says, “You have Friday night off to go to your dance; please tell your mother thanks.”

I’m upset because my mother asked him without me knowing. I try to tell him, “Tom I want it changed back.” He sternly tells me, “Your mother and friends are too important to the store. You will go to the dance and like it. You will not want to play sick.”

One little girl says, “You are both pretty girls, but which of you is the most beautiful girl?”

I respond, “Trudy is because she is playing a boy but she still looks as pretty as me.” Trudy whispers, “I would have been very upset if you told her you weren’t a girl. I thank you very much for the compliment.” The little girl says, "Jack should give Jill a pretend kiss even though she’s really a girl.” Trudy kisses me on the cheek as it would be against store policy to do more. Then Doris the store’s bakery manager comes out to take some pictures of us, saying she has some ideas for special cakes.

Trudy is enjoying herself and the fact is this is all her idea, but constantly she thanks me for cooperating. A good number of girls from our two schools parade through the store. After the second time, I am pinched in the rear, Trudy tells me I need to stop responding to what they are doing. I pick up dropped handkerchiefs, purses and lipsticks and rarely ever show my panties. They can’t really tell if I did or not.
 
Chapter 11
 
 
Come six o’clock, when I go back to the bakery for work. I have over a dozen girls, between then and 9:00, ask me for help with their choosing makeup. Doris is all too pleased to send me over to help. The girls are surprised that I give them good advice and make good suggestions to them. A grocery store usually does not expect to do a strong business in cosmetics. But this week we will do a brisk business if tonight is an indication.

Rose Bianca, a cashier and classmate, is the first to have the idea of getting a box of tampons and having me sign the box. “To Rosie, From Jill on the Hill”. Word spread fast and a dozen girls come into the store and buy various products for me to sign. Tom makes me go up by the cash registers to sign them after they are bought.

-<-0->-

Tonight it is Sandy and her boyfriend who come to give me a ride home. Kenny is surprised that Sandy wants to ride in the back with me. But Kenny is an old friend and we both know I am not competition, no fear.

When I get home Mom has a warm bubble bath waiting for me. She allows me to get in the bath and below the bubbles before she comes back in, but I'm still uncomfortable because my breasts show. ‘I know they aren’t real’ but I’m still uncomfortable with them showing.

Mom and I visit, while I insist everything is nothing only for Halloween. I get a little emotional as I thank my Mom for all she’s been doing and what it cost. She compliments me for paying Carol for my permanent. She shows me on her smartphone many pictures sent to her tonight. We share a lot of girl talk including the paper Ms. Braun is having me do.

Against my wishes, my Mom has me sit up so she can wash my back. It is then and drying off that I realize the bath oil is very nice for my skin. The soap I use on my face is also a woman’s facial soap. Mom uses a cotton swab around my pierced ears. Thankfully for the first time, there is no sting.

When I get ready for bed, I stay up to finish reading “Sense and Sensibility”. The last ten pages I read lying on my bed. Sara pokes in her head and asks, “Are you enjoying my comforter and sheets?” I did not notice but Mom had switched them in place of mine. My sister is not going without as she has two more sets befitting a girl’s desire to have new things fresh and attractive.

She remarks about my new hairdo and I ask to brush her hair, her usual 100 strokes. My sister is a natural strawberry blonde and very pretty. I shouldn't be envious but I am.

-<-0->-

Wednesday morning I wake as Sara or Mom is leaving my room. Another outfit is lying on the end of the bed for today at school. Along with getting ready I had removed my fingernail polish last night. I removed the polish from my toes but I am uncomfortable to put it back on well. I do a nice job of shaping and repainting my fingernails. They’re now a pretty rose pink as is Trudy’s instructions for Wednesday.

Sara calls the harvest gold skirt, a pencil skirt with a soft sweater blouse without sleeves and another long sleeve cardigan sweater with roses to wear over it. I’ve seen plenty of classmates wear them looking very nice, but they were all girls.

Sara checks on me and takes the time to do my toes, leaving me with cotton balls between my toes as they set. It takes me twice as long as Sara to make-up my face, but it is still quicker than yesterday.

-<-0->-

When I go down for breakfast Mom says, “I thought you might dress as a girl again today.” I say, “You should know you put out the outfit.”

Mom says, “That was your sister, but neither of us said you had to wear it. Sara just agreed to provide you with a nice outfit if you should choose to wear one. We figured you could pick out your own boy clothes if that is what you wanted.”

Dad is sitting drinking his coffee, when I moaned, “Dad?”

He said, “You’re looking way too pretty to get any sympathy out of me.”

He said, “A girl name Sandy called saying she and Deb will pick you up for school unless she hears you are coming as Mel. I told her you would be ready.”

“See you did set me up to go as a girl, too.”

Dad is offended, “Sara just came down and I asked her how you were dressing. She told me she had just polished your toenails and you were again dressed as a pretty girl. Yes, I did tell Sandy, but I am offended by you acting like an immature boy.”

“You are sending so many mixed signals and you seem to blame being a cute girl on others instead of taking credit for it. If you want you can turn around and get dressed as Mel and I will give you a note for being late. But I also would want you to call Trudy and say it is all over you can’t take it anymore.”

“Mom and Dad, I didn’t mean that. I plan to go to school as Melanie. I promised Trudy I would be Jill for Halloween.”

Dad spoke, “Mel, we are not obligating you to choose how you are going to live. But we do want you to stop trying to have what you are doing both ways. You are taking the joy for being Melanie, and making it more of a responsibility. We know this is a lot for a young man, but we are trying to support you in having this experience. We love you very much, but this isn’t easy for us either.”

Mom hugs me, “We love Mel, but we are falling in love with Melanie, even if it is just our brave son trying a dream on for size. We want you to be proud and enjoy what you are daring to do as well.”

I say, “Thanks and Mom you know the outfit I’m to wear to work tonight. I think I need something else.”

Mom tells me, “Your sister and I think the same and she has a dark blue skirt that is short but will work both with your leggings and that pink sweater. You will not only be cute but Sara says you will be very much in fashion.”
 
Chapter 12
 
 
I am using my computer to begin my report on Austen’s book. ‘Do the choices of Elinor and Marianne make sense? Does the young Miss Austin’s inexperience show up in the book? The decisions one makes in life don’t always make sense in accordance with the feelings and thoughts of others. One of Austen’s strengths is to take the road less traveled.’

Sandy snuck in and is reading by draft over my shoulder; “You know Melanie I don’t think Mel would have come close to considering this.” I’m stunned and shut down my computer quickly under the guise of hurriedly going with them.

Deb remarks as we are riding to school, “Are you trying to portray yourself as an ordinary girl going to school? If you are you can join our group. That is if you can keep up with the girl talk.”

I say, “I think Sara is making sure I don’t get in trouble.”

“Or asked on a date,” Deb adds, “unfortunately you appear to be a cute junior girl.”

I am surprised that I am receiving compliments from Deb, but I welcome the idea of being able to walk in the company of a group of girls. “Vice Principal Branch told me you are only to be using the girls’ restroom in emergencies.” But I told him, to a girl being clean before and after lunch and fixing our makeup will be considered an emergency. He threw up his hands, knowing they’re comfortable enough with me.

-<-0->-

We are walking into our classroom when Deb asks, “What are you to Derek that he’s watching to make sure nothing bad will happen to you? You’re not a secret girlfriend are you?” I giggle as I say “No.”

A number of girls comment on my hair and ask where it was done; while others ask if I dress my self and do my own makeup. I don’t respond to any questions about how I manage my breasts. I eat another light meal and Sandy asks “How much weight are you seeking to lose?” She guesses I have lost four pounds and is upset that I am not tracking my weight loss.

I have chorus again today and the choir director puts me back in with the girls. He says “Melanie’s vocal range has significantly increased as well as your ability to stay on key and to sing clearly. Would you mind singing in the girls' chorus for the Variety Show in two weeks?”

“No, I am not going to be dressing as a girl after Halloween?”

He says, “It hasn’t been Halloween yet this week, nor will it be Friday, but you’ve been granted permission to dress the way you are from Monday through Friday. If you are Melanie come Friday, I think you should be Melanie in the Variety Show.” The other girls’ applaud and the guys hooting does nothing for my cause. Several girls talk, “We believe Mel is not capable of such a transformation.” They and others speculate about other possibilities. Word is out that Melanie wears different outfits in portraying Jill. The burning question is how she will be dressed when she comes to work today.

-<-0->-

I did meet with my first opposition and bullying as three boys bump me into a wall, some lockers and finally trip me. Mack is caught by Derek as he stopped to tease me while I was on the floor. “Derek no! I thank you for stopping him but you can’t hurt him; remember the second guy gets the foul called on him.” It is a football expression pertaining to the rule breaker getting away with a foul and the second party gets charged if he responds in kind.

Mack’s feet were off the floor as Derek puts him down. Derek fakes a misstep and drives his elbow into Mack. Mack complains but someone professes to see it as a trip, thus no foul.

I am now standing there as Sandy asks, “Derek will you dance with Melanie Friday night?” His reply is a whisper that I can’t hear, but Sandy smiles upon hearing it.

-<-0->-

After school, I am heading to Deb’s car with Sandy when Derek offers me a ride. Mel/Melanie are uncomfortable with the idea. Sandy says, “It is the least you can do for your knight in shining armor.” Derek has a pick-up; it is nicely kept, has power and handles well as Derek says and demonstrates. He is also a gentleman as he gets out and would have opened the door if I had waited.

Mom greets me and asks about my chaperon. Mom’s upset upon hearing about the trouble with three guys. Mom walks with me to my room and shows me the skirt lying out with the rest of my stuff for tonight. Along with the outfit is a new Secret deodorant, “That is another thing a girl does not usually share. If you don’t mind I want to see my new little girl change? I know you are not so little, but you are my youngest as well as new from the girl perspective.”

I trust Mom and as long as I can turn away at times, I kind of like being her little girl. There is a shower cap for my quick shower as well as a large wrap around as I dry off. Using Satinsense my legs are hair free and feeling wonderful. My panties are a powder blue and my leggings are a mixture of pink, white, blue and grey. There is a pattern that works well in making a girl’s legs look slim while accenting their shape. While the blue skirt is long enough the material is light and moves with any and every movement or breeze.

I need to use my pretty bra as the neckline of the sweater would show the other bra. There is just a hint of cleavage unless I bow forward a little. Mom has me take out my hoops and in their place are teardrop dangles from my ears. My eye makeup is light and bright but not too bright. My face looks like a younger Jill. “You can be glad this is like a costume because if it wasn’t with guys like the young hulk who brought you home, you would be staying home.”

I smile and contain my giggle. “You don’t mean that?”

“Look in the mirror and consider yourself the Mom of the young woman you see?” Unfortunately, I like what I see and it causes me to get excited. I spray lightly with a perfume Sara had left and walked into the spray. “That better not be the one that changes with your body heat?” I didn’t know there are fragrances like that.

-<-0->-

Mom drives me to work and lets me off at Trudy’s car. The leggings protect my legs from the cold but I can feel the breeze and my skirt’s lively movement. Mom has her smartphone on video format. Somehow she is also getting pictures. There are two yellow baby ducks in the pail of water tonight. Trudy puts pink and yellow barrettes in my hair before we go in.

Tom has a special in-store sales flyer we are to give out. It is designed to get non-spending lookers tempted to buy something and from what we see it often works. We are handing out kisses to young children, but on our second trip around the store I break open a bag of sugar-free candies. I remember from last year a few diabetic children that we weren’t ready for.

Trudy smiles, she sees a little boy looking at the sugar-free candy. “What kind do you like?” The boy points to a bag with three kinds and Trudy takes it to a cashier, “Rosie, I’ll give you the money if you give me a paid sticker.” A deal is made and the boy and his mommy are very happy. She receives a hug and smile from him.

“Let’s go greet, I can do for many of those.”

-<-0->-

A Courier-News reporter comes and wants some pictures and information. We buy some time saying she needs permission from Tom the store Manager. We know he left for a late dinner. She takes some pictures and gets her story from customers and other workers. When Rosie goes on her break, she tells me the reporter spoke with my mother for a short time. I am relatively sure my Mom would be discrete, but I am somewhat nervous by the number of people she asks.

Trudy tells the reporter, “I came up with the idea last year after a boy in my school had to wear one of those weighted pregnancy bumps for a week last year.”

The reporter asks me, “In the spirit of school rivalries would you be willing to do that for two weeks?”

I say to her, “This is enough for me and luckily I haven’t been asked?”

Now that I’ve asked, "If it needs to be official, I hope your School Board will read tomorrow’s article?” With that, the reporter is ready to leave and things return to my strange Halloween normal.

I call out to her, “You can ask but I don’t think the School Board would allow me to do it. Even if there was pressure from the public.”

 
 
To Be Continued...
 
 

Please share a comment, or acknowledge if you enjoyed the story. You are welcome to write directly to the writer as well. I respond to most of the compliments and letters to me the author. ~Jessica

 

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Dear a week

as Melanie, then another as pregnant Melanie, That might be a very bad idea, but She may get some joy out of it, though at the moment I would not wish it on anyone, well maybe Jasmine.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Road of Bad Ideas ?

Oh Dear a week as Melanie, then another as pregnant Melanie, That might be a very bad idea... That would be taking learning by mistakes too far, I agree. There is another possibility that would raise its pretty head. Yes this chapter does allude to something yet to come...
Right now it will be one chapter at a time.

Wishing you and yours a healthy time ^_^
Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Melanie is DEFENTLY

Renee_Heart2's picture

Getting a LOT of attention & I think she will be around a LOT longer than halloween. She is getting too comfortable being a girl I think but will see where it goes. As for school she has a point with the bully Mack it is nice the a teacher saw the other boy "trip" & called it that :). Mack got what he deserved but I fear more bullying is to come EVEN from the girls.

VERY nice story hun look forward to more.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

I agree about Mack...

I am happy when schools don't put up with that behavior. Unfortunately that is too often the exception and not the rule. It will be interesting how Mel/Melanie reacts to future possibilities. How she reacts may have some surprises.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you Jessica,

Our 'new girl' is blossoming now that he has found herself ! As many of us do.

ALISON

Melanie's comfort is...

yet in the idea, Mel denies how much she is enjoying herself. You are right she does enjoy blossoming as a girl. ^_^ Thanks for your compliment. Yes many of us do enjoy such times more the merrier.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Good Story

Something is wrong with the 'good story' button lately.. it has malfuntion.. maybe my laptop problem..
It will be sooner or later when Melanie will get used to be out all the time until it come to point of no return..

Love it.. Keep it going k...

Thanks for the comment...

Thanks for going the extra step to underscore you liked it.
Yes, I agree that Mel is not yet to the point being Melanie at this point. Others can see the likelihood. They seem to know the decision is Mel's.

And Yes a new chapter is ready. I am trying to get a different story in for Christmas.

Loving kisses, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

It is truly amazing how some......

Of the girls have taken Melanie under their wings (so to speak). With all the publicity and being dressed as Melanie 24/7, I think its time to stop kidding herself that this is just a Halloween thing! Jess, when are we going to find out how Trudy really feels about Mel/Melanie? Is it the boy or the girl she likes/loves, or is it just her having "fun" with him at his expense. I hope it's Melanie she likes, but not sure of that. Nice chapter Jess, keep'em comin'hon. Loving Hugs Talia

Some of the girls have...

Taken Melanie under their wings. Even a few guys are kind of supporting Mel. Regarding Trudy and Mel, I am not sure how much Trudy is recognizing her attraction to Melanie for what it is. Her relationship to Mel is still a friendship.
Trudy might have trouble accepting her liking Melanie is not merely fooling around.

Appreciate your insightful questions.

Hugs, Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors