Glimpses

Printer-friendly version

Glimpses

You can blame Jaci for this one. Its the conversations we’ve had that led to this ...

At first, there were only glimpses.

Before Kindergarten: My mom comments, “He just doesn’t act like other boys.”

As a very young child, fighting with my brother by kicking, scratching, and biting instead of hitting, and him being unwilling to hit me back, even with parental permission ...

In elementary, my mom coming home to a house full of girls, and being unable to figure out which one of these girls was in fact her son ...

Still in elementary, taking a class on puberty and going home weeping because I had learned I was doomed to become a man ...

In junior high, me coming home in a skirt, doing a twirl, asking if I was pretty, before I ran upstairs to put back on pants and my normal glum expression ...

And In high school, hanging out with a couple of girls, and having them strip to their underwear because it was a hot day, seemingly unaware there was a boy in the room ...

By the that time, I was crossdressing occasionally. I would borrow my mother’s bathing suit, which I liked because it had something in the top that replaced my lack of breasts ...

But I had no words for what was happening to me.

Words for my condition existed, even then. The first sex-change operation was in 1930, but after the fifth surgery, the patient died. Christine Jorgensen had hers in the early 50’s.

But I didn’t know those things, not then.

So I kept trying to stuff this need to be feminine deep inside me.

And failing.

SHE just kept coming back, no matter how much I tried to get rid of her.

But I kept fighting her anyway.

And yet, glimpses of her kept peeking out ...

Finally, breakdown followed breakdown, until the mask collapsed, and this amazingly, totally, impossibly feminine person stepped out from the shadows, and started to make a life.

And now, she’ll enjoy it, for as long as it lasts.

Because she doesn’t have to be satisfied with only glimpses from behind a mask ...

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

say what?

It is so not my fault your a girlie girl..

* Sends back all your girlie germs. They miss you*

read your own story

It answers who had the girlie germs.

What have I told you two

What have I told you two about this bickering??? So now Jaci & Dotti are both grounded for a week... However you both may keep on writing

but but...

Papa!

sticks out her lower lip in a small frown and gives her best puppy dog eye look.

She started it....

I really wish ...

... I coulda met your PapaBear. From the posts I've seen him make, he seems really special. :)

he was very special

one of few men I have trusted completely

DogSig.png

A good personal story

It feels almost like a long-form poem of types, especially when you're going through the various age-events. It flowed nicely, I thought. Thanks for sharing it,

titania.jpg

Titania

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

thanks, Titania

that was the feel I was going for. I'm glad you thought I succeeded.

DogSig.png

Totally...

Andrea Lena's picture

...Hi, Titania. I agree... nice flow and very personal. Thanks Dottie!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

thanks, Tante !

I'm really glad you liked it.

DogSig.png

This is my favorite of yours Dottie,

it says so very well the progressions that we take to becoming ourselves. I just came out to my wife a couple of weeks ago, and she accepts me 100%, I'm so very blessed! The rest of the family is still in the dark, I'm taking that very slowly.

Grr, double posted.

I hate this Chromebook!