You Chose the Wrong Store - Part 8

Printer-friendly version
Ronnie's life took an unexpected turn for the different

when he picked the wrong store to shoplift!

You Chose
the Wrong Store
Part 8

By Jessica C
Copyright © 2013 Jessica C
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com (Photo 16615320). The model in this image is in no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model's use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed free for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.


 

Part 8
 
 
“The nurses have asked to see you in your prom dress before you go home…” “Your hair will be done soon and I will help with your make-up. It is better you get your worries about how you will look settled today.”
 

  
I’m really happy to be home having one of Mom’s meals and to sleep in my bed. When I am ready to hang my prom dress on the back of the door, I start to daydream of being able to show it off. I danced around the room once before, hung it up. I sit down and enjoy just looking at it; thinking of it caressing my shoulders and down my body. I call Paul to tell him I’m home and feeling well. He is glad I am home and will still be his date to the Prom. But he disappoints when he becomes bored as I talked about my beautiful gown.

I decided to say good-bye to him and called Lacy. She is much more responsive. I know enough about her strapless gown and how beautiful she will be in it. I almost know as much about hers as mine or Joyce’s; we have fun talking about each of our gowns, the jewelry we plan to wear, how we want our hair and make-up. I am so easy to sway as Lacy describes another hairstyle and then another. I think it is the fourth one I like best.

I feel like I am doing fine but Mom treats me like a little girl, “Janelle, it is nine o’clock and I want you to get yourself ready for bed. Come 9:30, I want you in bed settling down. It has been a traumatic few days and you still need to rest and pace yourself.”

“Mom, I’m not going to be able to fall asleep until Joyce goes to bed”

“I’ve already asked Joyce to get to bed by 10:00 and she will do it for you.”
 
 
I protected the surgery area from getting wet as I shower. It is nice to have the water running over my head and down my shoulders and back. Even if it is only in my head, I feel the water cascading down like my back, waist and bottom are already different for being Jan. Getting clean as well as shampooing and conditioning my hair is now more important for me and I take more pride in how well my hair and skin feel and look. I notice the body in my hair is stronger, there are curves and waves that are coming in. Each part of being a girl and doing it well seems so much more important tonight. I just wish I could reach some areas that feel a little itchy and I would like to clean a bit better.

Like it’s on cue, Joyce knocks on the shower door. “Mom thought you might like someone to wash your back?” I turn down the shower a little as she steps in. There is enough room, and Joy has a soft, thick washcloth. She lathers my back and uses the washcloth to gently clean it. I’m not going to ask but she washes my lower back down to the stinky area as well and I am very grateful. “Jan, I think just in this short time your hips are more feminine. I really hope you like being a girl because I think you are going to be very girly.”

I turned around and Joy has a short cute terrycloth jumper on. She is now shampooing my hair again as well as conditions it. And her wet terry-cloth is hugging her very nicely. As I rinse my hair she is washing the front of my body. “Jan you are so beautiful and your budding breasts responded; I can’t help but think you are a woman inside and out.”

“Thanks, Joy, but I feel more like a little fifth-grade girl instead of a woman.” I pause wondering if I should ask Joy something as I am fighting being turned on by my sister.

“Joy, do you think Mom would mind if I ask to stay in ninth grade? I feel like things are moving too fast. I think starting in ninth grade next year would be good for me. I feel both as a student and as a girl, I am pushing myself. I’ve not been a good student in half my classes as Ronnie. Yet as Janelle, I would like high school to be mine as Jan. It probably sounds silly to you.”

Joyce turns off the water and pulls me out of the shower; she’s drying my backside as I’m drying the rest.

Joy is talking, “I think it is a good idea for you to talk with our parents. You have a lot of good common sense that gives the appearance things being easy for you.” I standing in front of my pretty terrycloth clad sister and helping to dry my body. Like Ronnie, I should be aroused and as to Jan, I should be embarrassed, at least more modest. I feel a more than a little excited but it is as Janelle and not a boy.

Joy starts to shimmy out of her terrycloth jumper. I’m embarrassed as I see how beautiful she is. “So Sis is that reaction as Ronnie or Jan?” She teases me by tracing around one of my nipples. Because of the bandage, she can’t tell that I am getting warm and damp between my legs. I need to use a washcloth and dry myself a second time before putting on my teddy bear pajamas.
 
 
I commence to dry and brush out my hair as Joy is taking her shower. Mom knocks and pokes her head in, “I’m just checking to make sure you are getting ready for bed.” Mom sees that Jan is in the shower.

Faith pokes her head in too. “Mom, you allow them to be in the bathroom together?”

I grab Faith and give her a big hug. “Is there something wrong with that,” I ask? I give her a big sister kiss on the cheek and hold her until she responds.

“Mom, she even feels like a girl?”

“That is probably because she is. Sometime after her bandages come off I think you will accidentally find out how much of a real girl she actually is.”

“Thanks, Mom, I am sorry Faith if I make you feel uncomfortable. Will you mind if I become your sister?”

“No, I already know you are my sister. Somehow, I still think of you as a boy dressing like a girl. The idea of what has changed is a little creepy.”
 

 
 
“Mom, can I talk to you and Dad before I get in bed?”

“Come out to the living room when you are ready. Would you like some mint tea? I’m going to have a cup.”

“Yes Mom, I will be right there.” I put on my robe and headed to the living room.

I cuddled up to Dad; I enjoy feeling close to him since the kidnapping. He was warm and friendly before, but I had kept a distance between us. Now, I sit down next to him and lean into him as his arm hugs me.

Mom brought in two cups of tea and an oatmeal cookie for each of us. “So Janelle, share whatever you want.”

“I'm wondering if you and Dad would mind if I stayed in ninth grade next year? I’m really only fourteen and I feel becoming a girl and dating and going to the prom that I am going to have trouble staying up with things.”

“As Janelle, I’ve become a better student, and I don’t want my grades from my school be following me as a freshman. I’m actually closer to Faith’s age then Joyce’s. I love having a big sister but as far as being myself, I’m living ahead of myself.”

Dad hugs me with the arm around me and kisses my forehead. “We like the idea of you in ninth grade too. Before school finishes, for the year the school here should get transcripts saying you are just graduating from eighth grade.”

Mom says, “We thought to have you tutored or go to summer school, but your counselor thinks you need time to relax.”

“We want you like another daughter in our family, however, we are not sure what the courts will say.” I am shaken by what Mom just said. I know the possibility. Mom comes over and is sitting on my other side.

“What you are saying is true, but I want to live like a family and plan what we want to do. I am just tickled that you want me.”

“We are in agreement, and right now you need to get to bed. Tomorrow we need to make the final preparations for two daughters to go to the Prom unless of course, that would be pushing you to grow up too fast.”
 

 
 
I’m trying to go to sleep, Joyce is coming out listening to her music with her tablet in her hand. “Joyce, would you do me a favor when you come to bed?” She stops and nods yes. “If I have trouble sleeping can I sleep with you?”

“Why don’t you just sleep in my bed and we will just plan on it for tonight.”

Mom comes in as I am getting into her bed. “Janelle, do you realize that you are scratching your breasts when you are out in public?”

“Mom my breasts itch a bit, but no I would not do that in public.”

Mom has pictures on her phone camera of three times when I was scratching myself. “That is not uncommon for a girl who's breasts are budding Janelle. But I want to let you know so you can correct that habit. I had to correct Faith when her breasts began to bud as well.”

She gave me an ointment to rub in my breasts. In the morning I find they are not very itchy. Now I touch them when I am alone because I marvel that they are so a girl like. Mom takes me shopping for some bras and panties after my sisters leave for school. This time I am more interested in the delicates I am buying.

When we get home from shopping I try on my 3” heels for when I have to walk up and down stairs. They are a little uncomfortable, but I have two days yet. I turn my back and try to picture how it would feel to dance. Mom speaks, “We’ll practice that too!”

“…What do you mean?”

Mom gives me a hug, “Remember I’ve been a girl longer than you. We need to practice dancing I’m sure you want at least 1-2 dances with Paul fully dressed including your heels.” She turns on some music and she has on a pair of platform shoes. It’s fun dancing with a mom. She is not as critical as it takes time to follow her lead. By the end of the second song I’m getting better as Mom cuts off the practice.”

I don’t like that I tire more quickly. I giggle when it comes to lunch. Mom makes us each a tuna salad sandwich with three nibble size carrots. “What are you giggling about?”

“The sandwiches are small and we have carrots instead of chips.”

“Go ahead and make a larger sandwich, but I think you should stay with the carrots.”

“It isn’t that I just realize how different it is being a girl. A small sandwich lasts longer for me than a larger sandwich did for Ronnie. I think I should go out for a powder puff softball league.”

“Don’t you let Joyce hear you call her a powder puff softball player? She would take you back of the garage so I don’t see what she would do to you.”

“Joyce wouldn’t do that?”

“There are plenty of things about Joyce you haven’t seen yet. I suspect in time she will torment you like she does Faith. There will also be a time she gets angry with you and her wrath surprises you”

“She doesn’t think of me as her real sister,” I ask?

“Can I share something in confidence, Mother to Daughter? …You have said enough times ‘I’m not a real girl or a real daughter or sister’, Joyce is afraid you don’t want her to be your sister?” I quickly turn melancholy afraid of what I’ve done. “What are you feeling or thinking right now Janelle?”

I try not to answer and Mom will not speak for me. I turn to go to my room, “No,” Mom is emphatic, “I won’t have you walking away this time. You better start acting as the daughter and sister you are.”

“You just said Mom, Joyce is afraid to be my sister because I don’t do things right.”

“…Pause a moment, hear what I’m saying, Joyce is not afraid to be your sister; she’s afraid, because of the times you say you want her to be a big sister like last night when you want her and other times you deny being a girl, our daughter or her sister. You act afraid letting of her attaching to you, and really be your big sister, by saying you aren’t real.”

This time I rush to Mom for a hug but try not to say anything. “Sometimes it is natural to want a hug, but don’t hide your feelings. Janelle other girls are not always sure what to say or do, even though they have much more experience than you.” Mom turns me around and is hugging me from behind as she is leading me somewhere. “Look in the mirror, I know you have had years being Ronnie; who do you see?” “…Janelle.” “…Do you want to be Janelle?”

“Oh yes! Thanks, Mommy, I think I understand. Do you think Joyce will forgive me and be my Sister?”

“I am pretty sure she loves being your sister, but you need to talk and take time with her and Faith.” The doorbell rings and a young woman introduced herself, “I’m Darla White, I will be your physical therapist today and tomorrow. Are you ready to really work out and get ready for your prom?”

“Glad to meet you Darla, we did do a few simple things this morning.” Mom escorts us to the exercise room where she now has a table out.

“Janelle, I’m going to ask you to change into a loose set of shorts, a bra, and a loose blouse if you want.”

‘Is a loose blouse really an option? I know it is nothing special but it is something I want to do.’ I go put on a pair of shorts. Mom has put out a yellow bra she knows I like. Then, Darla, has me lay on the table and she massages around the surgery area. “Janelle, I am sorry but this is not conducive to modesty. Do you mind if we talk during the session? If I ask something that you do not want to talk about please let me know. Also, know it is confidential other than writing needed information in my session report.”

Darla explains what she’s doing and answers my questions. She stretches my legs in more ways than I can imagine as well as my lower back, hips, and waist. “Very good Janelle, I’ll let you relax for ten, fifteen minutes. And then I will get you up to the last part of today’s therapy?”

“Janelle, you are a cute young teenage girl, does that please you?”

“Two weeks ago I would not have liked hearing that, but ‘Yes, it does!’ I didn’t know how much it takes to be a girl.”

“Do you now know all that it takes to be a girl?”

I look Darla in her blue eyes, “You are teasing me aren’t you? I enjoy what I learn. Each day holds something new unfortunately not all of it is fun. But, if someone could have made the right mistake, I did when I got in trouble with Hannah Grant.”

“How could something be the right mistake,” she laughingly asks?

“You need to keep this in confidence.” She agreed, “I sometimes dressed and even dreamed of being a girl. Sometimes my real mother wanted me to, and other times I did it without her knowing. So then when my good Mom, Mrs. Grant, set it as part of my punishment. I thought I could easily do it till I got away.”

“It turns out, it is better I wasn’t living at home. I don’t think things would have turned out so well.”

Darla has me up and walking around, making turns and going up and down stairs. “Your mother says we should practice most of this with heels on. What do you say to put on your heels and we do the same, plus a dance or two?”

I put on a pair of three-inch heels and we’re going through walking, stairs, even stooping down and then it is time to dance again. “How does a boy pretending to be a girl say yes to going to a prom?”

“I was on a date and Paul is a good looking guy but he had never gone on a date before, I felt bad about saying ‘No’ so I told him, ‘I will go if Joyce’s Mom says I can.’ It was so far out in a crazy way and so expensive, I was sure Mrs. Grant and my mother would say ‘no’. I've made stupid mistakes like that a number of times.”

Darla laughs and moves in a weird way which causes me to stretch in a similar way. “I apologize for that awkward movement young lady, but I am impressed in how well you are doing.” She sets me down and asks me to change back to my regular clothes.

I am heading behind a curtain to change when Joyce comes in while she’s knocking. “I’m sorry,” she says. And I fire back, “I don’t think so!”

“Darla White, Mom wants me to invite you to relax with some tea and banana bread or applesauce cake after you’re done. Jan, I would apologize again, but I’ll wait until we don’t have a guest.” I relaxed and that is when Joyce attacked me. “Now don’t hurt yourself fighting back sweet little sister.”

I should have suspected something when she was carrying her large purse, it is not her favorite. “Now this is to help you fill your bra.” She was squirting whip cream in both cups. “I love you Janelle with all my heart!”

“Yes, but what is attacking and terrorizing me about?”

“It’s my way of letting you know how much I love you. I want forever to be your big Sister, and I want you and me to will it to be so.” Once again I was crying happy tears. Today has been great in so many ways.

I stay dressed in the whipped cream in my bra and go to have tea with Darla and Mom. Both of them giggle as do I. The giggling becomes a mild roar as Dad enters behind me. Dad with a straight face says, “I see Joyce is giving you dressing lessons.” Dad gives me a peck on the forehead, “Does this mean you are having a good day?”

“She did well with me this morning; we were out shopping for some delicates and had her practice with heels, even dancing,” Mom says.

Darla speaks, “She did really well during our session as well. She is a remarkably resilient and tough young woman. She has been no trouble except she has to be in some pain and discomfort. But she is not letting on when she hurts,” Darla responds.

Dad asks, “Janelle is this true that you are having some discomfort without sharing it? There’s a bit of that tough boy in you.”

I know Dad meant it as a compliment, but it’s kind of a put down now I am a girl. “Yes Dad, I still hurt. But not because of Ronnie, I’m girl tough.” Dad is taken back.

“Well put young lady,” Mom says. “But I would honestly like to know, how much pain you are really feeling? So, on a range from one to ten how much pain are you feeling?”

Everyone is looking at me is unsettling. I whisper in Mom’s ear, “It’s a three Mom, a five or six by the end of therapy, but I hadn’t taken my afternoon medication.” Mom pulls me into a hug.

After dinner, I’ve finished my reading for school, I go up to Dad with my heels in my hand. “Dad, would you dance with me before I get ready for bed?”

Dad smiles, “I would be happy to, young lady.” Mom has her player from this morning, Dad puts on his dress shoes and I am in heels. Dad quickly knows the tune and starts slowly. It feels nice to be in a man’s arms. Dad begins to dance more in accordance with the flowing and pace of the music. He pushes me out and raises his arm and I twirl through it like I know what I am doing. Near the end he does it another time and then gently holding me, having me lean back, “Quite good young woman.”

“Thanks, Daddy. If you ever want you can call me a daughter,” I smile and say?

Dad pulls me in; his hug is more like a bear hug, but gentle for a girl. I like it because it is what he does with Faith and Joyce.

There’s a rude awaking, getting up early to do everything to be ready for school. I’m out of practice since the kidnapping and hospital. Among other things I forgot to pick out an outfit last night, so I am in front of the closet trying to decide what to wear.

Joy pinches my butt, “Want me to pick something for my little Sis’?”

Not after she says it like that I don’t. I choose a light blue skirt and print blouse with spring colors. Joy’s expression shows I chose well. “Janelle, can I suggest a lighter make-up that is appropriate for fourteen,” Joy asks?

“I like the idea but I need your help, I’m not sure how too?” The make-up is lightly put on, a lighter pink but bright enough to show. There in the softness, I see the young Jan that I feel inside.

When I go down for breakfast Mom compliments on my look; Faith remarks that I now look more like her.

I wonder in my mind if Amy Miller at school is really a young freshman?
 

 
 
Mom gives me a ride to school and tells me to keep my phone on me on silent vibration mode. I’m doing quite well until it is lunch time and I’m in the wide hall where I first met Aunt Marge. Lacy’s there and asks, “Are you alright Jan? It is safe today.”

Ms. Stafford comes over, “If you would like you could yell, ‘I’m safe!’”

I look at her and then to Lacy and smile before I scream, “I am safe today!!” Other students look around but I just smile and walk into the cafeteria. I turn around while I’m walking, “Thanks Ms. Stafford; thanks, Lacy.”

After I get my tray of food and go to sit down; I see Amy Miller. She’s sitting at a table with some other girls, yet she’s not one of them. I set my tray down and walk over to her, “Amy would you come over and sit with me? I would like to talk with you.” She smiles and without hesitating picks up her tray.

Lacy gives me a look like I should have asked, but I let that be her problem for now. I open my drink and take a bite of lunch before I start talking to Amy. “Amy, I’m Jan. I’m a young freshman for other reasons and will be again next year. But I’m wondering this morning if you are a young freshman because you’re smart like my sister Joy?”

“Yes and no, I’m intelligent, but I don’t think I am in Joyce’s league. I would enjoy talking with her some time. I didn’t think you were my age until this morning, you look different.”

“I’m wondering if we could be friends. I don’t need to hide who I am any longer.”

Amy smiles, “You know one of the ways to get to know each other is to go shopping. I’m going shopping after school with my mom. Do you want to come along?”

“I do, but I can’t, I have an appointment. I need to get over some injuries enough to go to the Prom.”

“I thought they only had Ronnie and his older brother,” Amy says?

“It’s a long story, but Mrs. Grant and I agreed on the name Janelle when she took me in. That was before things got out of hand” I say, only looking Amy half in the eye. Amy sees I’m sad or frightened.

“It is okay Jan you can tell me sometime when we are good friends,” She reaches one hand and gives it a light squeeze. She is already a good friend, but what will she think if she learns the truth? Will I feel like this every time I meet someone I care about?

Amy asks, “Do any of you need help with Prom stuff tomorrow?” Lacy and Patti, as well as I, are going. “Carol speaks up, “If you are not doing anything come five or five-thirty, you can help me take pictures at the promenade. And then at the Prom, a lot of the girls want more group pictures than the Photographer is willing to take. You need to wear something nice, but don’t show up those at the Prom.”

I need to go to the bathroom and quickly get to my next class. Between hurrying, my surgery and not use to my new plumbing all did not go smoothly. Instead of going quickly, it takes me longer and I’m going to be late for class. Others giggle as I verbalized my frustration, and the last of the others are leaving as I come out of the stall.

I still need to wash, redo some makeup and my hair. My frustration only causes me to take longer in getting things right. By the time I get to class, I am three minutes late. “I’m sorry for being late, Ms. Stafford?” Ms. Stafford says something but I’m just trying to get to my desk and crash.

“Young lady, aren’t you going to respond to my question?” I finally realize she is talking to me and not the class in general. “Sorry Ms. Stafford, I didn’t hear the question.”

“Diane, stand here and watch the class a minute. And now Janelle, come with me for a moment.” I am now pouting as I follow her out. Some guys give moans of doom, a few girls whisper I’ll be alright.

Miss Stafford turns to me and lifted my chin. “Are you alright young lady?”

“It was going well till I went in the girl’s room and the surgery made things more difficult then messy and O’ooo…”

“Just relax Janelle, I want you to go to the nurse and let her determine if you need to go home or not?” “…But…?”

The nurse called Mom and my school day was short, but it was as others thought my first good day back to school. Come 2:00 p.m. I’m napping, and just before four Mom wakes me to get ready for Darla.

I have on a thin panty, a sports bra and a loose fitting pair of short shorts. I brush out my hair and pin it up. I check the mirror and I am too vain not to wear some makeup. I even tweeze a few hairs of my eyebrows. And then I go downstairs to find Mom and wait.

Faith’s home from school and is staring at me and I become self-conscious of it. She steps a bit closer asking, “Are these really all you now?” She has a cute and sincere smile as she touches my breasts like a little girl making sure they are real. “I am really happy for you Jan and glad you’re my sister.”

We hugged, “You know I’m pretty good with makeup and would enjoy doing nails together anytime.”

“Could I ever sleep in your room with you? Maybe Mom will allow us to sleep downstairs with the big TV? She doesn‘t need to worry that I’d be trying to get away and be Ronnie again.”

Her face lit up, “But don’t worry I know you need to focus on the Prom and feeling better. I do like the idea of doing more things with you.” We share a hug and I follow her to her room. We visit as she changes and freshens up.

Mom calls up that Darla is here for my session. She removes the old bandages and cleans the surgery area. She is happy it looks well. She massages the area stretching some tendons and tissue deeper down.

“So young lady, I can feel some tension and stress, what did you do today? …That is great, I think you did very well at school. The frustration and mess were your body saying that was too enough for today. Your nap has you fresh and good for the rest of the day, I like that.”

My short shorts are back in place so I think my modesty can return, wrong! She’s how massaging the inside of my upper legs. While she is doing what she needs to, she is giving me pleasure I am uncomfortable acknowledging. “I’m sorry,” she says, “that kind of goes with helping this area.” She doesn’t need to tell me to enjoy it, “But if it helps I can tell you are all woman.”

“How can you tell,” I ask?

“The scent you are putting off and how your body responds. A boy would have been very different; so I expect Ronnie was more an illusion.”

“Dr. Gloria and you should have better visits talking about your life. Now that your body and appearance are one and the same.”

"My body is now responding too well.”

On a pleasure scale with ten being most pleasurable: It was at least a ten, but then again I have nothing to compare it too. I need to take a moment before I can continue my therapy. Fifteen minutes later I put on my heels as the doorbell rings and Paul is here to help me practice dancing. I put my long wrap-around skirt on with a slinky blouse.

It warms me to see Paul and it proves very beneficial to have him here. Paul’s style of dancing goes from close and slow encounters to an upbeat faster pace having little resemblance to predictability. Come to the fourth and final dance, I am comfortable as we dance together.

Dad takes me aside and asks my permission for him to instruct Paul on dancing. “No Dad; I will be very embarrassed and angry if you do?” Dad assures me I need not worry.

Paul stays around as Dad is taking everyone out to dinner. I didn’t want to go out, but I understand Mom’s tired. It also gives me a chance to spend time with Paul.
 
 
Despite no school, I am awake at 5:30 a.m. and too excited to go back to sleep. I go down to the kitchen so I don’t wake up Janelle. Seeing Dad as well as Mom I begin to turn around as I am in Teddy bear pajamas need to get a robe. Dad is careful as he wraps his right arm around me. I look up to see Mom smiling as she takes a picture with her phone camera.
 
 
Come 6:30, Lacy texts me, she too is up. We have 9:00 a.m. salon appointments. She writes Wear shorts or comfortable skirt, and nothing that needs to go over your head; protecting hairdo and makeup, open toe sandals that will not hurt manicure. Bring a bottle of nail polish desire or buy their polish for repairs if needed. Bring a credit card for this that and the other thing including tips, Lacy’s suggests a limited amount of cash. Use one credit card but have two, one is a back-up just in case.
 
 
Come seven o’clock Joy is down and Mom has Grandma’s Lincoln to take us to breakfast, insisting we each have a good breakfast. She drives me to my salon appointment and Joyce home as she doesn’t go until 11:00 a.m. at another salon. Of the six chairs being staffed by a beautician, five are for prom girls.

Brandy will be my hairdresser and will have Holly helping with my makeup as well as doing my nails. Brandy asks, “How would you like us to do your hair?

“This is the dress I will be wearing to the Prom?” I show her a picture. “I was wondering if you know how to do the classic Hollywood look of a leading lady with long dark hair? A look’ fitting for me and the dress now?”

“Wow Janelle, I would not have thought of it, but I love your thinking. Best of all it is a challenge that I am up for. We may need to go an extra mile to get there especially trying things like lipstick and nail polish to get the right look.”

“Will it cost significantly more?”

“Don’t worry about that, it will be such a treat to help obtain what you are asking for. If I could I’d like a signed photo of you in your gown all set for the Prom? Would you mind if I tint your hair just a shade darker?”
 

 
 
With her last comment, I knew she had the same image in mind that I’m hoping to achieve.

She turns my chair to shampoo and conditions my hair, “So let the fun begin,” Brandy says. “I see the care of your hair has resulted in some new curves and body? You are to be commended.”
 
 
During the second shampoo she adds the tint and while I am wondering about the end product, by the final rinsing of my hair Brandy is already comfortable with what she’s done. She has my hair wrapped while we look at three shades of deep red. We quickly eliminate one for being too dark as the color does not stand out. We put one aside to try again.

Brandy unwraps my hair and begins with a regular cut and then starts around again combing and rolling my hair in curlers from the left side. She amuses me by having me hold an inventory of curlers and to provide them as she asks. She doesn’t realize the thrill it gives me. I love the scents of a salon.

Lacy is in the chair next to me, “It is quite a girl experience, are you enjoying yourself?” I am sure my face is glowing; I like knowing she is sharing in my experience. I’m surprised that we are able to carry on a conversation, but except for Lacy and Brandy, all other noise has gone to the background.

Holly’s doing my pedicure and manicure is starting on my feet and fortunately for her and the outcome, she handles my feet well. Having looked at the picture of my dress and a swatch of the fabric she has selected which red polish to use first. It feels nice to place my feet and hands in the goop and to have her work the nails.

Holly uses extensions and begins to shape and cut the nails to match each other in length and shape. I can’t believe how they look so feminine even without the color polish.

Brandy is ready for me to go under the hairdryer and I am excited like a little girl. “Haven’t you ever been to the salon before,” Brandy asks?

“It is my first time for the Prom, and to have my hair tinted.”

“I want to thank you, I understand your excitement.”
 
 
Lacy is again in the next chair; she squeezes my hand and we’re talking again. Lacy sees the color of the polish as it is now going on my toes. “O Jan that is beautiful, did you choose the color?”

“Brandy and I got it down to two and this is the first being tried. If it dries like it was going on I think I will stay with it. …Lacy, how many of you are being picked up by the Limo for the Promenade?”

“There will be four I wish you were with us, but I understand you and Paul going with Joyce and Rick. Do you know who is driving and what kind of car they’re driving?”

“It’s Grandma Grant’s Lincoln and I know the guys either waxed it today or had it done. It is to be even better than usual and I always love her car anyway. I just hope Rick is driving so we can be the ones sitting in back?”
 
 
Time flies as we talk, and only when Brandy comes to get me, I realize the manicurist is finishing my right hand. She explains she will do a little design of curvy white lines and then finishing with a protective clear coat.

Back in Brandy’s chair, she’s taking out a curler and then combing my hair out. It takes over ten curlers before I begin seeing it come together. Lacy hands me a small sandwich and small water. She is ready for her makeup to go on and went to the loo.

The last curler is out and I need to use the restroom, but Brandy does not want me to see myself yet. I am taken to a private toilet where the mirror is covered. I do what I need and am back in my seat before I realize I didn’t sneak a look. Now the brushing, combing and a light spray here and there and my hair is taking shape. I watch Lacy’s expressions, even her worse expression is still positive.

“Wow, Janelle I didn’t know you chose anything like that, Wow!” The next batch of girls except for the two who had Lacy and I were already started. Lacy asks Michelle her beautician, “Why didn’t you suggest that?”

“I didn’t know what Brandy was doing and I’m not sure how it would look with you and your gown?” I felt really good inside that others would not be looking like me.

Brandy has done as much as she would before doing my makeup. “I am going to give you a soft look Jan, it will go well to capture the classic look as well as the innocence of a young teen. Your date Paul will probably be driven wild. Are you going anyplace with him after the Prom?” If she’s suggesting, I won’t answer. “You just be ready and don’t let him push you into anything.”

She did my lips as we are near complete. She and the manicurist look and wide smiles come to their faces. I want to see, Brianna says, “I need to put some finishing touches to have your hair in place.” She has an old looking hair decoration with a hairpin. “There, O you are beautiful Janelle.” She turns the chair so I face the mirror and I gasp.

“Please don’t cry, you will ruin your makeup.” I then heard Hannah’s voice as I look to the side of the mirror and see her reflection. Joyce and her friend Gail are there and seem to have a mixed reaction. I express a question with my eyes and Joyce picks it up.

“Don’t worry little Sis, you look disturbingly too beautiful. A freshman girl should not win a prize at a Junior-Senior Prom but you just might do that.” Brandy gives me a hand mirror to see closer up. I naturally pucker my lips and like the look, it is better than I imagined.
 
 
She has me stand and turn so I can use the hand mirror to see the back view. “Some people coming from behind will see that classic beauty and as you turn your head they will see the soft beauty of you today,” Mom’s speaking. ‘It is a darling look that will be complete when you are in your dress and heels.”

Mom goes to the register with Brandy and I see that Brandy is pleased with Mom’s tip. They take two pictures and we are on our way. We go to Broadway’s Salon on the main street where Joyce and Gail are going for their appointment. “It is better that you don’t go in Janelle.”
 

 
 
At home, I need to sit on hard chairs with straight backs to watch TV, read a book or whatever I do to pass time which I have plenty of. Mom suggests I text friends. I get on the computer and have the camera on as I Skype Amy.

“Jan, you surprise me that is a beautiful look. Can you get your gown and hold it if in front of you?” I run to get the gown and am back holding it in front of me. “I suggest you do not run and bounce around Jan or you will ruin your hairdo.” I’m thankful she says that I would have been clueless otherwise if it didn’t hold.

“Jan, can I ask a question about what you need to tell me? …Lacy thought you told me, so she talked about the difference since people thought you weren't Ronnie. I surmise you really were Ronnie but deep down you were actually Janelle, do I understand that correctly?”

I’m embarrassed, “It’s kind of yucky, isn’t it? I’ll understand if you don’t like me?”

“What are you talking about? I think it is way neater than the ugly duckling story!” I’m fighting not crying as I hear her. “I hope your makeup is dry?” I check and my makeup is holding. Amy explained the salon make up was tear proof once it dried, but I should not test it over and over.
 
 
Time is flying as we talk and Mom is getting Joyce, do I want to go? It is 3:30 when we get back and we are now in dress mode. Mom has me lay back as she removes my bandage and cleans my surgery area which is looking much better. She puts on a sheer bandage which adheres itself to my skin, no bulky bandage underneath my dress.

I put on a sheer slip starting just below my bra and any things like a bandage or panty are invisible. The cutaway area of the slip is larger than the slit in the gown. It is cool and tingles down my body and legs. Mom asks, “How do you like the feeling of silk?”

“Silk, I’m going to tinkle in my panty.” Mom is ready with Faith for me to step into my dress. It would have been easier to slip over my head except Mom didn’t want to chance to wreck my hairdo. I need to shimmy the dress over my hips, but it is not too tight of a fit. I place my hands through the arms of the dress and we fit the gown over my breasts and Mom is fastening and zipping up the back.

“Mom, I look like a beautiful girl.”

“You really need to stop being surprised by that. You are Janelle and you are a very attractive young woman.” Mom shows me some jewelry she has laid out for me as well as my small hand purse, which needs to be filled. Mom pokes a delicate handkerchief in the top of my dress by my left breast. I look to the mirror and it is not visible. Mom gives me a gentle air peck on the cheek and goes to help Joyce.
 
 
I pause in front of the full-length mirror and watch as I move around. I sit at Mom’s vanity as I try the pieces of jewelry and decide what to wear, and not to wear. I’m going with the necklace, and bracelet that is a set and a delicate sapphire ring Mom had cleaned. It's an heirloom she said, though I’m not sure what that meant.

I can’t fit my brush into the purse so I go with a good comb, my lipstick, I use a light spray of the gardenia perfume on one wrist and I use both wrists to place it on my neck below each ear. Whoever told me to use it sparingly was right. It is a beautiful fragrance, but I wouldn’t want to be in a cloud of it.
 
 
I check on Joyce, she has on a glimmering red gown and she has the body to put it over the top. If we had more white we would be a patriotic duo, but this is right for a prom. Joyce’s hair is mostly up with plenty of curls and nicely placed highlights. Where my heels as 3”, hers appear to be 4”, I think they will be just right for each of us.
 

 
 
Mom has Joyce and me posing for pictures as a car horn sounds its arrival. Joyce tugs my arm to get me to go upstairs. “Let’s just stay down here and greet them as they come through the door?” I give in and go with Joyce and Faith follows. Faith is getting signals when we are to come down.

I am the first and as I step to the top of the stairs I see Paul gazing up. His smile is priceless and he looks like the knight of last night’s dream. I use one hand to lift the skirt and the other lightly touching the railing as I walk down. Come, the bottom step Paul lifts me up and gently whirls me around and down. I gently give him the first kiss of the evening. Dad takes pictures of the two of us.

Rick, handsome in a white tux, takes his place at the bottom of the staircase and Joyce takes her time showing herself at the head of the stairs. Her timing is great as she appears; Rick is in awe as she is outright gorgeous! She is walking down and Rick can’t wait and joins her on the stairs. He swoops her up in his arms looks like a prince carrying his princess. Their pictures are taken and we are late but on our way to the promenade. We’re the last two to show up, thus we will be the last of those going in.

Mom, dad, Faith, Grandma and another older looking woman are there. Joyce is happy and turns to me, “Grandmother Grace is here; can, you see the resemblance?”

I lose where they are so I am not sure what she is talking about and she won’t tell me. Paul is anxious so we will go ahead of Joyce and Rick. Joyce is happy to go last.

I look to Paul and he’s waited to put on my corsage of three pink baby roses around a large white one. After two sticks Amy steps forward and pins it in place. She gives me a wink and blows me a kiss. I take Paul’s arm and we, are announced and begin to walk in and down two steps and through many admirers, Paul’s Mom calls and we turn for her. She is as happy as most of the girls’ mothers. I am sure she whispered ‘thank you’ to me.

Then when Mom calls my name there is a bank of three cameras taking pictures and again I can’t see the other woman fully. I heard Joyce and Rick already announced and there is a buzz from the crowd following us.
 

 
 
We are back to the car and like many couples circle the town beeping our horns at one another. Rick knows where he is going as we even drive over to the university campus as Joyce’s friends ask that we stop. I see several places there are at least one couple of lesbians and I am surprised that they are happy for us. I ask Joyce and she takes me by the hand and leads us over to two couples. “Yes, they are happy for us to get past the stereotyping. Bridgett and Mary and Jamie and Sue… this is my sister Janelle. Jamie steps forward and turns me in her arm as she lays a kiss on me and I find myself kissing her back very joyfully. “She is very beautiful, I hope Paul doesn’t mind.” Joyce smiles and takes us back to the car.

“Joyce, why did you do that?”

“Prejudice is not a trait Grants like to hold onto for a long time.”

“Is Jamie usually that forward?”

“She wouldn’t have kissed you unless she found you very attractive. I saw you did not fight her off.”

Next Rick took us to the hospital and Grandma Grant was there to make sure we came. “All four of you need to go up to pediatrics, I joked, “I thought you wanted us to go to the Geriatrics unit?” “…I insist on it now smarty!”
 
 
The children were happy to see us, especially the girls, but the little boys were pleading for kisses. All the boys except Donny ran away when I tried to kiss him. I asked Donny, “Why are you afraid of me?”

“I am dying anyway; I will be a happy boy if you kiss me.” I quickly turned away but he tugged on my dress. “Don’t cry it isn’t your fault and I don’t want you afraid of me.”

I knell down and say, “I am not afraid, it just I thought I would never go to a prom and now I am going to the prom, but it is not as important as your life.”

“Maybe I can live longer then.” A young girl Margie asks, “Would you come tomorrow and read us a story?” Joyce promises for both of us if we can stay awake. We leave the Pediatrics unit and are being led to my floor. Joyce tells me, “Do not to be so smart we don’t have time to visit the whole hospital.”
 
 
The staff is very happy to see me, several however have trouble believing it is me. Over to the Geriatric unit, Grandma has some dance music playing. A man comes over to me, “Miss Judy Garland may I have this dance?” He takes my hand and I am dancing with him and he is my best partner so far. Joyce and I dance with two people each and then wave good-bye.

There is a prom dinner served at the reception hall with special tables and someone special catering the meal. I had ordered the steak which is very tender, but much too large. Paul is happy to trade plates and finish mine when I am done eating. Most important about the meal is it quiets my stomach and that of half the girls’.

I and many of the girls were happy that we had our Prom pictures taken before we ate. Fortunately, only one table had a food accident.
 
 
The actual prom is set up in the larger reception hall and the lights are dim. Joyce says we should walk out through the garden area and come back in after a short walk. I had become hot and the walk is indeed refreshing. Paul and I again wait to be introduced and those inside hoot for Paul as they are happy he has a date. I am too and I am happy it is me he is with. Paul asks if I am going to take off my shoes. I tell him “No, not yet.”

“I am afraid I will step on your feet.” We dance several dances before I need to sit down. There is voting for the Prom Queen and King, as well as many categories to answer. I knew it should be either a senior or a junior, preferably a senior. I voted for Ashley one of the few Seniors I knew and liked.
,
Lacy says after I handed in my ballot that she voted for me, but it isn’t for Prom Queen. I voted for Joyce as the most beautiful underclass girl at the Prom. Lacy agrees that Joyce is a good person to vote for.
 
 
It is 10:00 when they begin to announce the results of the votes and other choices. Joyce was voted, Miss Underclassman and receives an extra photograph to be taken by the Photographer, as will the Prom Queen’s Princess Court. Ashley Cooper was voted the first runner up and wins a gift certificate as well. It sounds like a number of underclass students must have voted for her as many of us cheer for her.

Rhonda Mitchell is named as the Prom Queen and Rick Briles and Gary Johnson receive the same number of votes for King but Gary is named King since he is a Senior and Rick is a Junior. Joyce has mixed emotions about Rick getting second, but she knows if he had won, much of her night would be sitting to the side. “Rick, I’m sorry but I am glad I get to keep you for my own. I will make this a night a prom to remember.” Rick smiled and I wondered, “Joy, what did you mean by that?”

“I’m sorry you heard me say that but put it out of your mind. Mom thinks I’m going to be staying with friends and I am but you don’t know who so keep it that way.”

I didn’t think of it until it was midnight and Paul asked if I could stay with Joyce and him. I call home planning to say “Mom I need a ride” instead I ask, “Can I go to the after prom party?”

Paul thinks I am agreeing to be with them. “Paul, I don’t think I can do what you are asking but let’s go to the after party and I will think about it.” Paul is hopeful and at least for him, the night is not over. We both receive small gift cards for just showing up as Janelle and Ricky did. The theme is Casino night with a better than even winning percentage. It took me three hands of poker to win a pretty necklace and bracelet. I place my necklace around Paul’s neck and it acts as a choker. A number of girls think Paul is cute and give him a kiss on the cheek. But three girls are enough for me, “Go lasso your own guys.” Several girls did just that.
 

 
 
Come 1:00 a.m. more prizes are given out and again at 2:00 a.m. Paul won a mini-refrigerator for his dorm room. I asked for two more dances and then agreed to leave. Joy takes me to the girls’ restroom. I do need to be there but it is Joy’s advice I need most of all. “Jan, you are not a baby so I won’t make your decision for you. But I don’t want you pressed to make a decision for something you do not want to make. Between your surgery and Paul’s size and lack of experience, it would most likely be more painful than fun unless you feel excited to do it. Mostly I want you to know once you have sex you are likely to want to do it again? Do you understand me or have questions?”

“Will you think bad of me if I ask to be taken home?” I know I have puppy eyes as I look to her.

“No, and those puppy eyes won’t be bad when you tell Paul.” It is almost 3:00 by the time we got to my house and I ask Paul to walk me to the door. I intentionally place his hand on my right breast and give him a big kiss. “Thank you, Paul…” I would say more but Paul is pressing my bottom and up to his hard cock. He knows he is turning me on and he has dropped to kissing my neck where he is successfully leaving his mark. I take one more sloppy kiss and open the door. Paul jumps halfway to the car so I know he is pleased with the night.
 
 
The house is dark save light coming from under the door to the kitchen. I push open the door and see Mom there alone. I take a few hurried steps and give her a hug, “Mom thinks it was a wonderful night!”

I showed her my gift cards for two hours at the After Prom Party. I show Mom my bracelet, and Light Blue perfume I won and told her I won $470 of casino cash as well. “I bought this camisole with my cash and another I think Amy will like. Lacy hopes I will stay up to have breakfast with her and Mitch.”

Mom helps me out of my dress and to hang it up properly. We go back downstairs I am in my slip, panty, and bra. Mom gives me a cup of coffee to help stay awake and we share a sweet roll. I show Mom some pictures I took on my phone and several Joyce, Lacy, and Amy sent. I heard someone coming to the kitchen so I put on my new camisole. I felt better as it was Daddy who came through the door.

“How does your surgery area feel Angel?”

“I know it is there, but it doesn’t ever hurt much. How do you like my top and bracelet Daddy?”

Dad and Mom show me the pictures before we left from here and at the Promenade. “Can I get a large copy of that one with Paul setting me down?” I walk close to Dad and he pulls me to him and now I am on his lap. I am glad my hair is long enough I don‘t feel his whiskers, but he is trying to tease me.

“Daddy I know you love me.”

Daddy pauses and Mom asks, “What do you mean by that?” “Remember Mom when I asked you why boys would hit me if they like me? You said they aren’t comfortable saying they like me. I think Daddy’s nuzzling me is like that.”

Mom laughs, “Well dear, do you love our daughter? …Then you better learn how to tell her?”

“Daddy I am just teasing you. You're the sweetest dad a girl can have.”
 
 
It is 6:00 a.m. and I begin to put my dress on again. “Mom is it true that I probably won’t be wearing this dress again.”

“There might just be an occasion; even then I’m not sure you won’t choose to wear something else instead. And you’re becoming quite girly in a good sense.”
 
End Part VIII
 

 

 
To Be Continued...
 
 

Please share a comment, or acknowledge if you enjoyed the story. You are welcome to write directly to the writer as well. I respond to most of the compliments and letters to me the author. ~Jessica
up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm....

Quite girly indeed! Janelle seems to be all girl now! So hopefully now the mess
With the birth parents & relatives is behind her now and she can focus on being the girl should be. I loved this chapter Jess! The whole build up to, and prom night. Keep'em comin' hon. Hugs, Taarpa

Wonderful Story book

episode. Such an amazing story thank you so very much for sharing

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

I"m glad Janelle found her self

Renee_Heart2's picture

& IS a real girl. Prom sounds fun & I think JOy is going to have her OWN fun with her BF.

One thing still weighs heavy on my mind for Janelle & that is the court system & What happened to her from her Aunt & parents Her whole family needs to be punished & that Janelle be adopted by Grants to be their daughter for ever. As the Grants treat Janelle as the girl she is, what started as a punishment turned out to be a good thing. I'm sorry that her "Former parents" had to kidnap her especially at school. More felony charger & I don't think the grandparents would work either for Jenelle has a legitimate fear of them. The Grant's love her & she loves them & with the police & Dr's statements & a councler THAT should be enough to sway the court system.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

You chose the wrong store...

I hope this story can be restarted after the turn of the ear. Thanks for the reminder it has been enjoyed by others.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

love

relly goo story hope you continue it i was in the military ad i would love for you to continue this story

Catching up after the blurry years...

Ole Ulfson's picture

I don't know why I didn't read this when it started, though things were fuzzy that early and somehow I got the wrong idea of what the story was... Eye strain caused me to choose very carefully what I read.

However, when looking through your stories again, I found I was wrong on all counts! I got this far last night and enjoyed every word. I recommend it to everyone! The protagonist is 13/14 though the header pictures look younger; maybe that was it. Anyway, I'm so glad I came back to it. Excellent!

Your friend,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

More lessons of a good kind

Jamie Lee's picture

Where Ronnie was learning shoplifting at Hannah's store was a bad idea, Janelle is learning there is a lot to learn about being a girl.

The one lesson discovered by the doctors, kept secret from everyone, was that of Ronnie not being the boy the birth parents claimed. Not only did this discovery shock everyone, eroded Janelle's resistance to being a girl, but explained why Ronnie acted as "he" did when living with his birth parents.

Now recovering from surgery, going through physical therapy, and experiencing her first formal event, Janelle can concentrate on becoming the real young lady she physically is and that was denied her from birth. Someone still needs to find a really deep mine shaft.

Those close to Janelle can see a difference in her from before surgery to after surgery and the surprise discovered by the doctors. She no longer thinks of running away from what was punishment for doing wrong. She no longer talks about not being a real girl. She no longer has a desire to become Ronnie again. She also isn't keeping Joyce and Faith, or the parents, at arms length. She does need to credit a few people for where she currently finds herself, though a few of those people hurt her along the way. And even though they hurt her, the inner core that is Janelle stayed rock solid. Bitterness was allowed to turn Janelle into a bitter, person hating person. Just the opposite occurred, for the good of many.

Others have feelings too.