The Womanless Beauty Pageant – Part 9 of 11

Printer-friendly version

The Womanless Beauty Pageant — Part 9 of 11

The only thing worse than being pressured into participating in a womanless beauty pageant, is to finish in last place. The ramifications of that experience turned out to be life changing, for Miss Bobby.

As Co-authors, Monica and I have a couple of very special ladies to thank, both are icons in the TG community.

The first is Vickie Tern. Without her encouragement and inspiration this story would never have been written.
The second is Kelly Ann Rogers; we have learned a lot from her, we have tried hard to apply some of it here. Our future stories will reflect this even better.

As the authors we hope you enjoy reading this bit of fun.
If anyone wishes to build off our FFL cub theme; you have our permission and encouragement.

Marina Joy and Monica Rose



Erika's drink sat untouched in front of her as she waited for the club chairperson to arrive for the emergency meeting Erika had requested. Veronica slipped onto the adjacent barstool and ordered a light beer as Erika sipped her martini and described in great detail how she thought Susan Turner was being inappropriately manipulated.

Erika took another mouthful of her cocktail and added, "I thought it was this organization's mission to rehabilitate men, not turn our members into vengeful divorced wives. Susan seems to have misinterpreted our committee's advice concerning her husband."

Erika was no fan of Candy and vented her anger about the meddling woman. She concluded her discussion with, "Let's be honest, Candy can be a manipulative bitch when she puts her mind to it."

Veronica listened patiently without interruption until Erika had spoken her piece. "Erika please stop! I won't allow you to conduct a character assassination against one our members."

"But you must understand Candy and her acolytes are going out of their way to ruin Sue's marriage. I've seen Candy destroy more than one man that crossed her path."

"Candy is a well meaning woman, a little shallow perhaps and certainly tenacious in her beliefs. She can be a tad over bearing and bull headed. But she is a true believer and a strong advocate of the goal, to bring about a New World Order by demaling men! If men aren't strong enough to stand up to her; it is their problem not hers!"

Veronica took a long pull on her beer reached into her purse and withdrew a cigarillo lit it blew out a puff of smoke and picked her words carefully. "We all agree that her husband was an insensitive jerk. I think Candy is just trying to help Sue modify his attitude. I agree that what you have described is not a perfect situation; Candy may be rather vicious in her attitude toward Bob. Sue is a smart woman, so maybe she feels she has a justification for seeking revenge on Bob rather than just helping Bob him. If Sue's marriage ends up on the rocks, so be it. It wouldn't be the first, or probably the last among our members that will end that way."

Erika finished the last of her drink and sympathized with Veronica's statement. "Heaven knows, that happened to me. I was just trying to provide my husband with a new perspective on life. Once I got my Ron his own set of boobs and into skirts and heels I thought our marriage would be better."

Then sighing heavily, she added, "It's impossible to tell who someone will fall in love with. I knew buying him that bikini and encouraging him to tan around the pool was a mistake. How was I to know he would run off with our pool boy?"

Both ladies snickered at the image of muscular Ron in a skimpy bikini. Veronica ordered another beer and went on, "I'm no marriage counselor, if Susan wants to fuck with her husband, what concern is it of mine or the club's?"

"Veronica, there is a difference between helping Sue show Bob the errors in his attitude and trying to deliberately destroy her marriage. This, for whatever reason, is exactly what Candy is doing. Sue is a bright lady but a real novice in this de-manning thing we have going here. In addition, I believe that Sue may be dealing with some grief issues that are contributing to some bad decisions on her part.

"As a member of her advisory committee I think she has failed to grasp the true objective of our organization. We aren't all man-haters; we simply want to feminize our men to make them better husbands and lovers! We're the Pioneers of the Future! I've heard a rumor that Candy provided Sue with a supply of male hormone blockers. That's against the law and contrary to what we all stand for. Changes in personality can only be brought about willingly, not forced, coerced or medicated."

"Erika you have a point, I'll look into this situation myself then and see if we need to take some action."

@ @ @ @

For the past three days, Bob had parked his truck behind a large gardenia bush around the corner from his old home and waited for the coast to be clear, Bob would leave his truck and hike the short distance to the house. Malinda would let him in and together they would clean the house until lunch. Afternoons were reserved for female domestic lessons. Bob quickly learned the intricacies of cooking and baking. Malinda even shared her secret family recipes with Bob. He could now make a salsa that would strip paint.

Today was his first sewing lesson. Bob had decided to make his own dresses for the competition. Malinda and Bob had spent the previous afternoon sorting through hundreds of patterns. With the advice from his friend and teacher, Bob had selected his outfits, one for his interview, one for the talent contest and, lastly, the most challenging his ball gown. Malinda had purchased the material as a gift for Bobby; as he'd no money to pay for them. They were to start with a simple house dress that Bobby was going to wear for his talent. He'd decided he was going to do a cake decorating demonstration.

They had the bolts of cloth laid out on the kitchen table and were about to start cutting out the pattern, when they heard a car in the driveway. Bob went to look and discovered it was Sue's. There was nowhere to hide in the kitchen so Bob rushed to the coat closet, where he hid himself behind the hanging garments. Bob quietly stood in the closet and held his breath.

Sue came in the front door and did a quick inspection of the parlor and called, "Malinda could you come here please. I see you have finished in the living room. I'm having a guest over for coffee. She should be here in about ten minutes. Could you make a pot of coffee and throw together some kind of munchies for us. I plan on entertaining her in the parlor."

"Is something wrong Ms. Turner?"

"I don't think so; it's just very unusual for the head of my club to request an immediate meeting. We were both on this side of town so I suggested we meet here. We won't get in your way; just continue with your duties."

Malinda curtsied and replied "Yes ma'am," as she returned to the kitchen. She couldn't find Bob and hoped he had sense enough to stay out of sight.

Sue took off her coat and was headed to the closet to hang it up. The doorbell rang just as she was reaching for the handle. With the coat draped over her arm she answered the front door and welcomed Veronica. Sue took her coat and invited Veronica to sit on the couch. She opened the closet door, but kept her attention on her guest. Bob's heart stopped as he waited for Sue to push the hangers to one side to make room for the additions. Luckily she hung both coats on hooks on the back of the door. Bob said up a silent prayer of thankfulness. Sue left the door open which meant Bob could hear everything being said.

As the ladies got comfortable, Malinda brought in a try with a coffee pot, two cups, sugar and cream bowls and a plate of Mexican Tea Cookies that had just come from the oven. Malinda asked "Should I serve?"

Veronica took one look at the tray and said, "Thank you dear, we'll serve ourselves. You really shouldn't have gone to any trouble on my account." She endeavored to be a gracious guest and show some respect to Malinda as she requested privacy. "I have some things I need to discuss with your employer, would you mind giving us some privacy?"

Malinda acknowledged her request with a nod and looked to Sue who nodded to indicate that Malinda should withdraw to the kitchen. Once they were alone, Sue poured two cups of coffee and passed one to Veronica, who quite frankly intimidated Sue. Bob stood motionless in his hiding place, nonetheless the smell of the fresh baked cookies and coffee drifted into the closet. He hadn't eaten breakfast and his stomach growled. He prayed that coats around him would deaden the sound and prevent his discovery.

"Sue, let me get right down to business. Some members have brought it to my attention that your conduct toward your husband, while within strict club policy, appears to be outside the spirit of our philosophy."

Sue was flabbergasted at the accusation, "I've done only what my advisory committee has recommended."

Veronica held up a hand to forestall any argument.

"It's not what you have done as much as way you have gone about it. We don't believe in breaking a man's spirit, or in destroying his individuality. We merely want to modify his persona, soften it if you will. From what I've heard and seen, you appear bent on reducing Bob to a robotone, eliminating his personality completely and replacing it with one of your construct. Let me ask, was he that bad a person and husband that he deserves to have his personality erased?"

"Heavens, no, he is a caring person, a poor lover perhaps, but he was never bad to me. It is just that he let me down all the time with his lack of drive. He never finished anything he started. Good enough has always been his creed. For once I want him to strive to be the best, not settle for second or third place."

Bob's jaw dropped when he heard Sue' statement. He had no idea anyone thought of him that way, least of all his own wife. He wanted to go charging into the room to confront Sue and to defend himself, but he wanted to hear all of the conversation first.

Veronica smiled encouragingly at Sue, "I sound like someone's father, but what are your intentions toward Bob?"

Sue sat back and looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I'm furious at him for risking his health needlessly. I love him as a person, losing him would devastate me. I need some time to cool off. We have had a standing date for Sunday brunch, I'm going with Candy and a few friends to a spa this weekend; but I will be available the following Sunday. I'll see him then, if he can convince me he has learned his lesson, I will be willing to let him back into my life."

"You said that you love him as a person, but what about as your husband? Why even when my David made me so angry and he went to work I the club dining room to make it up to me, I still welcomed him back into my bed."

Bob listened intently to hear what Sue's response would be. This was what he had been working toward this past year. What he heard next shocked him to his very core.

"Veronica, I just don't know. I admit that I miss having him with me, but I've changed and learned some things about myself in these past months."

Veronica frowned. "You don't mean that you are having an affair with another man do you? We certainly do not make moral judgments about these kinds of things, but you certainly are not being fari and honest with Bob."

"Oh no!" Sue laughed. "When I first gave Bob my ultimatum all those months ago, I missed him terribly and I was tempted to call him and have him come home. Some of the girls on my advisory committee kept me company during those times and helped me through my loneliness. I meant that I have discovered that I enjoy a woman's company as much as a man's."

Veronica nodded knowingly. This was not the first time that this kind of thing had happened and it really was not surprising. "I see. Candy can be a comforting presence. Dear, keep in mind that this will be a shock to your husband. I'm familiar with the terms of the agreement you have with him. Have you given any thought to how he will feel when you tell him what you have just told me?"

Sue shrugged. "No, I haven't thought about it much. Considering that his little man is so much silly putty these days, it shouldn't really matter to him anyway."

As the conversation continued, tears streamed down Bob's cheeks. He had just heard his wife declare rather callously that she really was not concerned about his feelings regarding being intimate with her. Would she really welcome him back or would he be related to nothing more that Malinda's assistant in the house. What kind of marriage would they have in the future? Would it be a marriage if there was to be no sex? Would there even be love?

Their conversation continued as they retrieved their coats and Sue walked Veronica to her car.

"Veronica, I have admit that my life has been so empty without Bob. My liaisons over this past year have been like eating Chinese...ten minutes later, you're hungry again. Nothing has been as fulfilling as my marriage to Bob was."

"Do you think that it will be that way again?" Veronica asked.

"I don't know," Sue answered. "I would like Bob back, but not as the directionless person he seemed to be."

There was not much in the way of counseling that Veronica could offer after that. She had gotten the information she had been looking for and it concerned her that Erika's complaints might very well have some foundation in truth. She would need to consult with her fellow committee members as to what course of action they might need to take.

* * * * *

Bob stayed quiet in the closet, now because of shame and grief, when the door opened wide and then closed again as Sue and Veronica reclaimed their coats. At long last, his legs lost their strength and he slumped to the floor of the closet.

When he did not come back to the kitchen to continue their project, Malinda came looking for him. She found Bob on the floor of the closet with his forehead resting against his knees. He couldn't have cared less that his panties were on display. His world had just come to an abrupt end.

Malinda just crouched beside him as she coaxed the story from him. She was already knowledgeable about most of the facts that he related, but she said nothing to confirm it or made any mention of who Sue's overnight guests might have been. She realized that this could only cause him more pain.

"Malinda, do you know anything about what Sue has been doing?" Bob struggled to frame his question politely. "Has she been sleeping around with people?"

"Bobby, I can't talk to you about what my employer does or does not do. Ms. Susan expects me to respect her privacy and her confidentiality. I am sorry.

"You have decisions to make. Do you give up now and show Ms. Susan that she is right or do you prove that you can finish what you start?"

Bob just looked at her as he thought over his options. He had painted himself into a corner by trying to win back his wife. If he quit now, he had no choices ahead of him. He would be a feminized caricature of himself, unemployed with no money. If he won the pageant, Sue might very well want him back and he would have to see what happened then. If not, he still had better hopes than if he just slunk off into the night.

"You're right Malinda! I'm going to keep going! I'm going to do my best to win the pageant and show Sue that I'm worth it!"

Bob went back to work on his homemaker outfit for the pageant, more determined than ever to win the damned thing. He made a decision he would use only his feminine voice from that point on. He was going to train his vocal cords, so his feminine pattern of speech would be his normal talking voice.

Bob and Malinda made great progress on the dress by the time Bob had to sneak back to his truck. Since Sue wasn't going to be home, Bob planned on spending the entire coming weekend with Malinda, sewing. Saturday morning, while getting dressed, Bob realized his bra was too tight. After a careful self-examination in the mirror, Bob came to the frightful conclusion he might still be growing. He had no money for new underwear so he forced it on and drove to Wal-Mart where he bought a couple of bra extenders. He mentioned his concerns to Malinda. She poked fun at him and said, "It's probably just water retention. Women have that problem around their periods. If you need any protection I have extras."

Bob nervously laughed at the small joke, but squeezed his butt cheeks and felt the tampon snuggly ensconced in his backdoor. He'd worn one every day since the party and had to admit it did improve his girlie walk. If he was truthful he felt empty without one.

Finally 'the' Sunday was here. Bob rose with the chickens to ensure he had plenty of time to prepare for his meeting with Sue. He took a long hot shower, shaved his arms and legs then spent several minutes at the mirror with a pair of tweezers plucking those few stray hairs that seem to refuse to give up. He moisturized his entire body with a flowery scent he'd picked up at the dollar store. He put on his favorite French knickers, and with the aid of two bra extenders, its accompanying bra and his bath robe and waited for the arrival of Malinda.

Malinda had reluctantly agreed to help him get dressed for today. She arrived and helped lace Bob tightly into his corset. As Bob continued to lose weight the corset was less and less of a problem. Bob's hair was tied up with a large yellow bow in a high ponytail. He'd planned on wearing a lemon colored high waist sundress he'd been saving for a special occasion. He accessorized the dress with a pair of Grecian sandals and new large hoop earrings that he'd fallen in love with. He laid everything out on his bed for Malinda's inspection. She gave her approval and then sat with Bob as he applied his makeup. She had to caution him on several occasions to tone down his look, it was a lunch date not a night on the town.

Finally satisfied with his appearance, he stood and stepped into the dress, it had a back zipper. After several minutes of tugging Malinda sadly announced Bob was too big on top for the dress, she couldn't get it closed. After several frantic minutes of closet surfing, they found a yellow long sleeved, high collared blouse that fit his new figure. It was the only thing he owned that didn't draw attention to his bust.

Once the top was settled on they selected a matching pair of tight short shorts. That looked fabulous with the top but unfortunately clearly outlined his boyparts. Bob excused himself and went into the toilet area, where he hid his stones away and pulled his tool back between his legs, then taped everything in place. Malinda conducted one final inspection, ran a brush through his hair wished him luck. It was a bright and hot day, Bob checked his appearance in the rear view mirror, coated his lips with a clear lip-gloss, slipped on his imitation Ray Ban sunglasses clicked his purse close turned his air-conditioned to high and drove to the club.

Bob made two passes through the dining area and was unable to find his wife. He finally stopped a waitress and asked if they knew where Ms. Turner was. Bob was directed to the pool area, where Sue sat shaded by a large umbrella. Bob approached cautiously, stood beside the empty chair which was positioned in the warm sun and asked, "May I join you?" The conversation he had heard between Sue and Veronica was still fresh in his mind, but he pushed down any emotions that came from it.

Sue looked up from her Belgian waffle, put her fork down and squinted at the figure standing in the bright sunlight. "Of course Bobby, I did invite you here. Whether you stay or not; is still open for discussion. Sit and let's talk. Do you want anything to eat?

"Thank you. A glass of unsweetened ice tea would be great." Sue's voice was rather formal so Bob tried to maintain the same sort of distance Sue was projecting.

While they waited for the tea, Sue devoured the rest of her waffle, she did everything but lick the plate clean. Bob sat stoically watching with envy as Sue finished her high caloric meal.

Setting aside her plate, she folded arms before her on the table and looked across at him. "Alright Bobby, let's get this out in the open, why did you go against the doctor's orders?"

Bob took a sip of his cool drink as sweat poured down his armpits, collecting his thoughts.

"First off Susan, the doctor recommended, I not continue with the hormones, she never used the word can't."

"Be that as you may, you knew there was a health risk associated with taking them."

"Yes, I thought the risk was worth the potential payoff. The only area I could see besting Phil in is my figure. My hair and nails are growing out nicely. With all my exercises, my butt is shaping up nicely, I've lost another 10 pounds so my waist is looking really good, I just needed more on top — else I would look like a modern day Twiggy. So I took the chance."

Bob lifted up his boobs and with a single tear running down his cheek said, "How was I to know they would make me sprout porn star knockers overnight?"

Bob tucked a stray curl behind his right ear and wiped the salty tear from his face and went on, "Other than my overdeveloped set of mammary glands, I'm in excellent health. I went back to the doctor this week. I was concerned, that I might continue to develop. The doctor explained it was just the residual effect of the hormones in my system. She's convinced I've reached the end of my growing period."

Sue looked over at her husband and saw the sweat stains forming his armpits and the moisture glistening off his head. "For heaven's sake, why are you wearing a long sleeve shirt on a day like this?"

"It's the only thing I own that fits anymore."

Sue reached across the table and took Bob's hand, "Come with me. We're going to get you something more appropriate."

She led Bob into the club's boutique gift shop. Bob sat while she looked around. She found the only attendant and asked her to join them in the changing room. "My friend here needs a bathing suit; see what you can find her. Just make sure that it shows off her figure to its best advantage. I've some errands to run…I'll be back. Bobby, you do whatever this nice young lady says. I'll be back and we can finish our talk."

The sales girl asked Bobby, "What size do you wear?"

Bob merely shrugged.

"Come with me so I can take your measurements. Take off your top and skirt, and drop your unmentionables for me."

She was a total professional and was unfazed when his 'winky' made an unscheduled appearance. She calmly took his measurements, and announced, "My...you have unusual dimensions, you wear a size six panty, your bra band measures at 38, and your cup size is about an E. This is going to present a challenge. Stand there and I'll be back as soon as I can."

Completely naked Bob turned a deep red and tried to hide his genitals with his hands. The sales clerk returned with a bikini in neon green, that she said really expressed his femininity the best. The matching bottom half had a short white skirt that would help to conceal his secret.

Sue returned and found Bobby admiring himself in the dressing room mirror. She gushed over how sexy he looked, "Bobby you have really blossomed into a desirable looking woman."

Bob felt his face get warm. Sue loved the fact she could get him to blush with just a simple compliment. She pushed him back into a changing room, locked the door and spent several minutes 'adjusting' his top.

After play time was over, Sue bought a bottle of sun tan lotion and hauled a reluctant Bob to the lounge chairs she'd reserved next to the pool. She spent several minutes slathering the lotion all over her feminized husband.

The two spent a delightful day lying in the sun, drinking fruity foo-foo drinks with little umbrellas in them and chatted like the old friends they were. Bob saw no sign from Sue that might indicate that she did not care for him. Thinking back on it, perhaps her treatment of him was somehow related to her own confusion about her emerging sexual feelings. As much as he wanted to discuss it with her, he could not think of a way to bring the subject up.

Whenever Bobby was tanning the front, Sue had to be on guard to keep away the predators that would circle Bobby like a school of sharks. The attention he garnered gave Sue an idea for a problem that had just arisen with a major client. She thought, 'Getting Bobby to agree might be a challenge, but we'll see.'

@ @ @ @

As the sun set, the air cooled. Bob glowed red. They made their way back to the gift shop to retrieve Bobby's clothes. The single clerk was busy helping a customer; the two stood patiently waiting examining a rack of bikinis on sale.

Bob turned to his wife and started with, "Sue...."

She gave him a glare that reminded him; their relationship must remain formal. "Sorry, Ms. Turner, may I return to my previous position as Malinda's assistant? I need the job, besides I enjoy being your maid...I mean your housekeeper."

Susan snickered and said, "I never thought I'd hear you say that."

Bob nervously fiddled with an earring and said, "Neither did I, but I can't hide from the truth."

Sue lightly touched Bobby on his sunburned shoulder as she said, "Erika told me you lost your IT job. It's terrible you're having financial problems but I'm afraid I can't rehire you. I fired you in front of the help. If I relented and let you return, I would lose face with Malinda. I'm sorry but that's just the way it has to be. Don't fret. Use your initiative go find a job. It's only 6 weeks until the pageant."

The clerk was standing behind the two and overheard the conversation. She said to Bobby, "Miss, if you'll come with me, I help you get dressed."

Alone in the changing booth, Bob was frustrated with Sue's rejection, but was determined to keep a 'stiff upper lip.' However his eyes had a mind of their own and several tears leaked out. The clerk produced a tissue and dabbed away the tears. She hugged Bobby and helped him remove his top. She politely turned her back as Bob removed bikini bottom and stepped back into his skirt and panties.

Over her shoulder she said, "I'm Kim, the shop manager. I couldn't help but overhear what you said to your friend out there. We're having a gigantic bikini sale. I'm here by myself in the afternoons and could really use some help. Would you like a job? It pays only minimum wage. But you'll pick up a nice bonus from commissions; plus you'd get an employee discount on anything in the shop. Honey, with your figure, if you were to wear a bathing suit everyday — kind of a living manikin we could sell out our stock and you'd make a decent living. How about it?"

The possible ramifications of spending eight hours a day for the next six weeks in a bikini escaped Bob. He jumped at the chance and immediately said yes.

"Good! I really need the help. Be here at noon on Monday and we'll get you in a suit. Plan on spending the first hour every day sunbathing by the pool, a living advertisement, by the end of summer you'll be golden brown."

By the time Bob was dressed, Sue had long since left. Bob made his way home feeling better than he had in months. As he got out of his evening shower, he found that he was a little sunburned but not too badly. He thought the added color was a nice touch. He wasn't crazy about his bikini tan lines but shrugged it off as the price of doing business.

He joined Malinda as soon as Sue had left Monday morning. He explained how he only had a half day, Malinda suggested they put off the housework and get right to his sewing project. He finished up in time to get to work a few minutes early. He filled out the paperwork, Kim giggled when he filled out the form with the name Bubbles. He strolled around the pool a few minutes early. Kim insisted he wear heels, rather than sandals as Bob had expected, saying it added to the sex appeal of his outfit. Kim's plan worked. During Bob's hour in the sun he was approached several times and asked where he got the suit.

After his tour of duty around the pool, Bob reported to Kim and was told to stand by the bikini display racks and assist customers as they arrived. 'Just great,' thought Bob, 'Four more hours on my feet in five inch heels.' The shop was doing a brisk business as word spread about the sale and about the new employee in the boutique. Bob had just walked one young satisfied customer to the door. He halted briefly in the door as he thanked her for shopping at the boutique when Candy walked by. She did a double take at seeing Bob standing there.

"Where's Sue?" she inquired. Her tone of voice said that Bob was beneath her and she was annoyed to be speaking to him.

Bob replied in his sweetest womanly voice, "Good afternoon Miss Candy. I have no idea, is she lost?"

Candy went ballistic, raised her voice several octaves and said said, "You're not allowed here, this is for members and their guests only. Now get out; before I have you arrested for trespassing."

Rather than confront the hysterical Candy, Bob simply turned his back to her and calmly walked into the store and assumed his post in the bathing suit section. This infuriated Candy all the more. She stormed in and demanded to see the manager. Kim heard the commotion and rushed from her office. "What seems to be the problem Ms. Grant?"

Pointing at Bob, Candy demanded, "I want to know what he is doing here?

"Bobby is my new assistant."

"You do know it's a man don't you? Isn't there some law against men hanging around woman's changing rooms?"

"Take a look around you. If we didn't allow men in here, we'd be out of business in a month. Besides Bobby is turning out to be the best salesperson I've ever had. Why in the last hour 'She' has sold over $300 worth of merchandise."

"I don't care about that. I want 'Him' fired."

"Ms. Grant, with your connections to the board you could probably get me fired. But you can't tell me how to run my shop. Please lower your voice, if Bobby has done something to upset you we can calmly and rationally talk it through."

Candy spun on her heels and stormed out of the shop. Kim gave Bob a quizzical look and asked, "What did you do?"

"I merely wished her a good afternoon."

Kim suspected there was more to the story; but returned to her paperwork and left Bobby to man the store. At quitting time, Bob rushed home. He had two pressing issues to take care of, first was to get his tootsies out of those pointy heels and the second was to release his boys from their confinement.

@ @ @ @

Sue arrived at Candy's palatial home, burdened with enough Chinese takeout to feed a small army. Sue knocked on the door and expected the maid to answer. Sue was anxious to see Phil after all these months. Instead Candy opened the door. "Come in, we're all starved. Violet and Debbie are in the den. Go on in, I'll bring plates, there's a pitcher of margaritas so help yourself."

The four sat around and had a lovely dinner. Half way through the second pitcher of margaritas Sue couldn't container herself, "I have to ask where is Phil, is it his night off?"

"That male chauvinist loser is long gone, it took some doing but he was eventually replaced by Pénélope, who evolved into a very feminine and charming play thing, but alas I had to let him go too. He started to get uppity so I fired him. I'm now looking for an adequate replacement."

"You mean you just put him out on the street?"

"Oh heaven's no! I spent too much time and money training him. He's going to be around for awhile. His current assignment is waiting tables at Sadie's strip club where I hear he's a big hit with all the guys."

Candy had decided not to mention that she had gone to Veronica after her exchange with Bob in the boutique. Instead of listening to Candy's complaints of a man working in the boutique and appearing to be a woman, Veronica had started asking her questions about how Sue's project with Bob was coming along and what kinds of problems she might be having in dealing with her husband. Specifically, was Sue having any problems with Bob's attitudes and behavior and how was Sue dealing with what Bob was doing to prepare for the upcoming pageant.

Candy felt like she had been blind-sided with Veronica's questions. It had felt more like an inquisition and Candy was not sure if the club's president had really believed her stories of Bob's rudeness towards her and Sue, as well as his very reluctant cooperation with Sue's ultimatum. Right now, she and her little team needed to have Sue get on board with continuing to rip him down.

"Sue we're only part of your advisory committee but let's talk about your uppity husband. I ran into your ex working as a sales clerk in our gift shop. He needs to be taken down a peg or two, don't you girls all agree?"

Everyone but Sue nodded enthusiastically. Candy broke the uneasy silence with, "Sue, what is your honest evaluation of him?"

Sue sat back and cocked an eyebrow as she studied Candy trying to determine the motivation for her question. "To be honest it is hard for me to be objective. Physically he has certainly changed. Hell he looks so good he could be mistaken for a trophy wife."

Candy couldn't pass up am opportunity like that, "Yes he'd make a perfect wife for some lucky fruity gay guy."

Sue gave Candy a look of disapproval and continued with her thought, "I know he is making an effort externally, I still don't know if he has changed internally where it really counts. He may be just good at concealing his true chauvinistic attitudes. I'm still waiting to see how that plays out."

"Exactly!" said Candy. "Dump the loser, turn him lose like I did Phil."

Sue thought back to their wedding day, Bob was the perfect groom. That night in their marital bed, he assured Sue was satisfied multiple times before he even considered his needs. He was always such a giving and selfless person. Traits that over the years tended to grate on Sue as she clawed her way up the corporate ladder. Negatives for Bob, were now so endearing in his Bobby persona.

Sue's lip curled, "No Candy, I can't do that. I'll admit that after the accident he was a millstone around my neck and almost brought me down. It took everything I had to keep going. Since my baby died, he withdrew into a shell and has been such a dud. However, as Bobby, I see the sensitive, nurturing person I fell in love with reemerging. I've too much invested in this marriage to just let it go. I'm going to give her every opportunity to win my heart back."

Sue refilled everyone's glass and asked, "As long as you ladies are here I have a favor to ask. Recently I was formally counseled by one of the board members at work. It seems several of my subordinates and a couple of clients have complained about my lack of sensitivity.

"I've been working on this massive financial deal and, if I land it, my position as the company chief financial officer will be secure. I was told if I screw this up I'm out on my ass.

"I've been schmoozing José Sanchez, the owner of an international conglomerate, for the past six months. I thought I had him hooked and was about to reel him in and sign the deal. Then he drops this bomb on me. I have to get Roberto, his brother and half owner's approval or there is no deal. I had the brother checked out. He considers himself to be a real ladies man, a stereotypical Latino lothario. We're having a cocktail party for the brothers tomorrow, both of which have Latin temperaments and appetites. Would you girls please show up as window dressing? It would help soften them up."

Candy got a mischievous grin on her face and said, "Sure whatever we can do. Do I see Bobby playing a part in this?"

Sue chewed on her lip and thought for a full two minutes and finally answered, "I don't think so. I thought about enlisting his aid for a while. But I just don't think he's ready to solo right now, there is too much at stake for me to risk it."

Sue took a deep breath and went on, "The following day I have scheduled a day of briefings, to show them the logic of my proposal. If that doesn't work I plan on taking both brothers out for a night on the town. An evening of dames, drinks, and dancing should persuade them to sign with me. Candy would you consider being Roberto's escort? Just flirt with him and show him a good time — You'll have to contain yourself, no sex - I am not running an escort service. I understand he is quite handsome, so it shouldn't be a real hardship for you."

Candy leaned in close to Sue, "No honey, I don't think so. You're looking for a way to test Bobby's commitment to the feminine side. Here is your chance, throw him in the deep end and see if he can swim."

Debbie spoke up, "Knock off the bubblegum sentimentality and the psychobabble; he is more like a trollop if you ask me. He prances around showing off those porn star boobs, like he is the Queen of Sheba. Have you seen the way every guy at the club ogles him."

"And half the women," mumbled Violet.

Candy ignored Violet and went on with her argument, "I think you're underestimating Bobby. Hell, he could just flash those tits at any man and he would be putty in his hands. Your husband may still be a male, but he is no longer a man. Accompanying him on his first date will allow you to see firsthand if he has really driven the chauvinistic daemons out of his soul or is just hiding them."

Sue thought about that statement and eventually said, "You may have a point there. Hell he has a better figure than any of us. His chest is quite impressive; he even makes me feel inadequate."

Candy jumped in before Sue had a chance to reconsider, "It's agreed then. Who better to 'entertain' a Latino playboy, than a Queen?"

**********

We find that comments are important to our writing. Please take the time to tell us what you think of this story.

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That has to be...

... a very big misstep by Sue (that is if she wants to remain a part of Bobs life. Irrespective of her conversation with Veronica, I have my doubts that she does). She certainly does not respect Bob. They have her treating him like a step-child. He may do as she is going to ask him but I think her using him in this fashion will cut the tie that binds. As a matter of fact this will probably change both Bob and Sues perception of who Bob is (has become). He is going to know/learn he can't go back. Sue is not going to want him too (we already see some indication of that in this part). I simply don't see how Bob is going to keep from resenting Sue if not for her manipulations of him then for the company she keeps (and of course how she is keeping that company). I think there is going to be a flip-flop with Sue warming up to Bobbi and Bob cooling off to her.

if sue has him help her in

if sue has him help her in this she may not like the results if it goes wrong, as he has no experience in dating as a woman and hasn't dated anyone since he got married to her he will have a hard time knowing how to handle someone described by her as a lothario, by allowing him to flirt and not going too far so as not to ruin her business. this could easily result in her turning his love for her to resent and maybe even hate. just when it looks she's gettting a mind of her own in steps candy trying to force her into something again why she is so blind to her is a mystery.

Am I the only one

huberthowhow's picture

The only one who wants to see Karma land on Candy like a ton of bricks?

In considering....

...a reply to your post it hit me to start a list of things that a (or an apparent) sexy woman could do accidently/unintentionally to alienate/inflame a man with, at the very least, a functioning libedo? One nearly axiomatic stereotype of men is that they are blindly lead around by their smaller head. I think there is very little short of the amputation of a major body part that would dissuade a guy from giving deference to a pretty woman.

That can be true...

But you have to look at the quality of the spouse who is being led around (so to speak). If the guy in question is truly thinking with his little head, then he will do anything if he believes that it will lead to sex. But...what if he is in love? How many of us had a crush in high school and would have done anything in the world just to get that special someone to smile or talk to us?

Love can make us all do some really foolish things. Sometimes, we never realize that we are being foolish or that we're being used. I'd like to believe that love is worth looking like a fool.

It was only...

...my superior intellect (and an abiding fear/shyness toward girls) that allowed me to not make a complete ass out of myself over this one girl...

...Everybody else thought I made a complete ass out of myself but I thought I could have decended further.