Camp Kumoni : 13

Printer-friendly version

The warmth from Josh’s body did make her feel a little better. She began to relax against the need to keep warm. For some strange reason, his closeness, his strength comforted her. It scared her a bit as well. Why was she becoming comfortable being held by a guy? It didn’t make any sense did it? Eric was never held by anyone girl or guy - except on rare occasions by his mother, when he was younger. Why did this feel so…. So nice?

 

sunlitforest.jpg

Camp Kumoni
By Anistasia Allread


Chapter 13
 
A few guys whistled as Samantha and Erika walked through the mess hall. Erika hoped that her iron-curled hair hid the redness blooming in her cheeks.

Although Eric had never ‘cat-called’ to women, he always appreciated watching a pretty woman walking by, all dressed up. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever believe he would be the girl, that guys were ogling and whistling at. Although his face was red, with embarrassment. A part of him was excited and even flattered by the attention that he was receiving as Erika. What is wrong with me? How can I enjoy this? I’m a guy.

“It’s kinda fun isn’t it?” Samantha beamed at Erika.

“What’s that?” Erika brushed aside an errant curl.

“Being a girl….. being appreciated.”

“I have to admit. It is.”

“You two, do look hot.” Dani commented from behind them.

“Thanks, Dani.” That means more coming from you than it does them.” Samantha took her seat at the table.

Erika had to remember to use her hand to smooth her skirt over her butt before sitting across the table from Samantha. The blonde cheerleader had twisted her hair up in a French twist and with Victoria’s assistance, twisted sections of the ends into curls and pinned them around the back of her crown. The hair swept away from her face, accentuated her high cheekbones and brought her brown eyes out even more. The tightening in Erika’s groin area, her bit of maleness were straining against its bonds.

Dinner consisted of a mild and a bit watery, stew served in bread bowls. A fruit cocktail and for those who wanted it, some salad.

Josh and Kyle finished their dinner quickly and as soon as announcements were over, came by Columbine’s table.

“We’ll wait for you outside.” Josh winked at the girls as he and Kyle exited the mess hall.

“What are you guys going to do?” Rachel inquired with concern.

“Josh mentioned something about rowing out into the lake to watch the sunset.” Samantha informed the table.

Rachel held Erika’s gaze. “Promise me you’ll be careful.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Samantha looked back at Rachel.

“Probably nothing.” Rachel shrugged. “Just be careful out there on the lake.”
Samantha looked to Erika. “You ready?”

To go on a date with guys? Are you crazy? I want to go out on a date with you. Erika finished her bite. “Sure.”

Josh and Kyle were leaning against a tree talking when the two girls came out into the late, golden afternoon.

“What do I do?” Erika looked to the blonde who he admired. “How am I supposed to act?”

“Just be yourself.” Samantha instructed. “A more feminine self. And Erika, try to have fun.”

“Easy for you to say.” Erika mumbled. “You don’t have a penis under your skirt.”

“Hey there.” Josh greeted them, directing most of his attention to Erika. “I thought we’d row out into the lake and watch the sunset.”

“Sounds great.” Samantha said with enough enthusiasm for the both of them.

Erika just smiled. Kyle approached Samantha and the two of them took two steps towards the lake, then looked back to see if the others were following. Josh smiled down at Erika, who kept her eyes on the ground straight ahead and blushed.

“She’s shy.” Samantha whispered to Kyle.

“Your first time at Camp Kumoni?” Josh questioned.

“Yeah, yours?” Erika fidgeted with her hands, not knowing where to put them. If she had had pockets, she would have stuffed them in there. She swung them behind her and clasped hands.

“My parents send me up here every year.” Josh accidentally brushed against her. The contact almost cost Erika, her balance, but she was able to plant her next heeled step firmly. “They are both doctors, and I seem to get in their way, so they make arrangements for me to spend my summers here. Of course, this will be my last summer. I’m getting a Porsche for my birthday. Hopefully I’ll be spending next summer on a road trip. I can’t decide if I want to go to Virginia Beach or to Malibu.”

“You like the beach, then?” Erika asked.

“Yeah, there is a lot to do at the beach.” Josh brushed against her again.

Erika unclasped her hands and folded them in front of her. She was trying to see how Samantha was using her hands, but couldn’t concentrate on placing her feet and watching her friend.

“My Cabin won all of our competitions today.” Josh commented. “I scored several points in the water basketball.” He boasted.

“We won our first kickball game.” Erika was half listening.

“With Ragel in your Cabin, you guys have a chance at getting some really good points.” He brushed against her again, this time knocking her off balance. Josh’s hand shot out and grabbed her arm and held her up right. “Whoa, sorry, Erika. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” His hand lightly slid down her arm and took a hold of her hand.

Erika had the sudden urge to pull her hand away, but thought of how Samantha might handle the situation. Samantha might even get mad at her if she pulled away. She didn’t want to get Samantha all upset with her. As she had said. It was only one date. Erika could let Josh down gently after that, so no one thought she was a bitch. Josh’s hands were half again as large as hers. Strong fingers gently cradled her hand in their grasp. The palm of her hand began to itch. The thought of holding hands, in a romantic fashion with a guy, made the itching worse. Relax, Eric. She told herself. It’s only holding hands, it’s not like he is French kissing you. Relax and pretend that you like it. Erika gave Josh’s hand a soft, quick squeeze. She looked up at him, only blushing slightly. He seemed not to be paying attention, as if it was normal.

Samantha and Kyle were already half way out on the dock when they reached the beach. Samantha’s shapely tan legs were accented by the knee length skirt that she wore.

“And where do you think you are going?” Todd came out of a shed beside them.

“We’ve got two hours of free time, Todd, and We’d like to go for a row.” Josh turned and flashed his smile.

“Let’s see your bracelets.” Todd ordered.

Erika and Josh both held up green bracelets for Todd to inspect.

“You’ve gone through the water craft class today?” he quizzed.

“Yes, sir.” Josh answered.

“Not you, Josh. I know you know the rules. I was asking your friend.” Todd looked at Erika.

“Yes, Todd. I went through it this afternoon with Columbine cabin.”

“Columbine?” Todd muttered to himself in thought. “Yep. Okay. But you two have to have MY boat back before the sun goes down.”

“Sure thing Todd.” Josh gave Erika’s hand a squeeze and led her down the dock.

“Tell those other two that I want them to come back here and check in before they go out.” Todd called after them.

Josh suddenly turned back. “Todd, can we forego the life-vests. I promise we’ll keep it low key.”

“Keep them in the boat with you.” Todd nodded. “You all are wearing green, so I’ll let it pass this time. But I will be checking in on you, while you’re out there. I have binoculars, remember.”

“Thanks Todd. I owe you.” Josh turned back and casually took Erika’s hand in his as if it belonged there.

When they reached the others, Josh informed them that they had to go check in with Todd. Josh then led Erika over to a rowboat and knelt down and held it against the dock. “Careful as you get in.” Josh looked up with a grin.

Eric had never had anyone hold anything for him. Not even an elevator. And here was this guy, holding a rowboat for him to get into? Sure, it was going to be challenge with the wedges on, but guys didn’t hold things like that for other guys. Not really. They just expected the other guy to hop down in and hope that they fell in to get a good laugh.

Erika eased into the boat, which immediately shifted under her added weight. She quickly reached for the side of the boat for support and took a seat. Josh, finished untying the boat and casually hopped in as if he had lived on a rowboat. His momentum pushed the boat away from the dock. He settled himself in the forward seat and placed the oars in their oarlocks and adjusted himself on the bench seat before dipping the oars into the water.

“Now let’s see if I still remember how to do this.” He flexed his massive biceps and pulled back on the oars, pulling the boat through the water.

“Wow.” Erika couldn’t believe she had just said that out loud. Josh was built with a well-developed chest and arms, but even she was unprepared to see how strong he was as he showed his strength off for her.

Erika didn’t know what to do, while Josh propelled the boat. The silence was only broken by the dipping of the oars, the creak of the oarlocks and the soothing sound of water lapping against the boat. Josh’s eyes wandered about the lake but always found their way back to her. It was a bit unnerving. Did all girls feel this way, like everyone was staring at them? Erika tried to ignore the blatant stares and looked at the surrounding trees and hills that surrounded the camp.

It only took them a few minutes for Josh to reach the center of the lake. Erika looked behind her and watched as Kyle struggled to catch up to them with Samantha sitting prim and absolutely beautiful in the boat. She was so natural looking, so at ease, so relaxed. Erika wondered how she made it look so effortless. She herself was nothing but a wound-up rubber band. She was wound so tight that she might snap and hurt those around her.

Josh brought in the oars and looked across the boat at Erika, then at the sky above her. “You aren’t going to see much of the sunset from that angle. Why don’t you ease on over here and we can watch it together?”

Erika shrugged. What choice did she really have? She was supposed to be on this date with Josh so that she could ease him down, and leave her alone. But Samantha said she first had to be civil so that he didn’t think that she was a total bitch. Erika slowly made her way the few feet to Josh’s side of the boat and sat beside him. Kyle and Samantha were now close by. Kyle brought his oars in as well, while Samantha repositioned herself the same way that Erika had, just more gracefully and without any prompting.

The sun was just starting to touch the top of the mountain West of the camp. Its snow cap looked like liquid gold as it sparkled in the nearly cloudless sky.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Josh stared in wonder at the horizon.

“Yes, it is.” Erika agreed. “Beautiful and quiet. It’s really peaceful out here.”

The evening breeze, cooled as it blew across the surface of the lake, raised a few goose bumps on Erika’s arm.

“You’re cold.” Josh observed. He wrapped his massive arm round her shoulders. “Come closer, I’ll try and warm you up.”

So this is how smooth operators work. Erika thought. They put themselves in positions and places where they can act the ‘savior’. Damn, this guy is good. Erika hesitated only a moment. Be civil and nice, do this like Samantha asked. Erika scooted a bit closer to Josh feeling his firm body against hers. His arm wrapped around her shoulders tightened just a bit, his hand resting harmlessly on her arm. So this is why Josh asked Todd to allow us to go without the use of the life-jackets. Not only is this guy good, he’s dangerous. I need to keep Samantha away from him.

The sun had dipped halfway behind the snowcapped mountain. Orange and warm reds began to paint the sky in spectacular fashion. As if it were trying at one last ditch effort to warm the sky as the inevitable dark threatened to swallow and chill the planet. The warmth from Josh’s body did make her feel a little better. She began to relax against the need to keep warm. For some strange reason, his closeness, his strength comforted her. It scared her a bit as well. Why was she becoming comfortable being held by a guy? It didn’t make any sense did it? Eric was never held by anyone girl or guy - except on rare occasions by his mother, when he was younger. Why did this feel so…. So nice?

“You look very pretty tonight.” Josh whispered, his head next to hers, his breath slightly moving the curls next to her ear.

“Uh…… Thank you, Josh.” Part of her wanted to be sick. The other part was surprisingly pleased that she could draw another’s attention. That someone noticed her in a positive way rather than trying to trip her or tease her.

Josh leaned in close. It only took a half a second for Erika to realize that he was closing for a kiss. She quickly turned her head away, as his lips caressed her cheek. Strong lips, softened as not to hurt her skin. A strength that was tempered as not to damage something delicate.

Now what should I do? Erika’s inner voice screamed in her head. What do I do now, Samantha?

Josh, not one to be ruffled, snuggled his cheek up against hers, holding her close. “I’m sorry if I came on a bit strong there.” He whispered. “It’s just that you are so beautiful and the sunset is so incredible. It just …. It just…. I was overcome with it all.”

“That’s alright.” Erika sighed. What are you saying? She screamed at herself. You almost got kissed by a guy, who is whispering smooth, sweet lines in your ear and you say ‘that’s alright’? Are you nuts?

The tip of the sun vanished behind the peak, painting the sky scarlet in its passing. Erika looked over at Samantha and Kyle. They were sitting close together, but thankfully he wasn’t holding Samantha, like Josh was holding her.

Frogs and crickets were beginning their serenade hidden along the shore of the lake.
“I guess we had better start back.” Erika prompted. “Before Todd gets upset with us, and bans us from HIS lake.”

“In a minute. I’m enjoying this…… being here with you.” Josh gave her a squeeze. “It’s just so peaceful and so wonderful being surrounded by such amazing beauty.”

Be nice. Let him have his moment of delusion and be nice, for Samantha’s sake.

“Race you back!” Kyle called out from the other boat. He was already locking the oars into their locks.

Josh sighed deeply. “I can’t let him beat me.”

Erika sighed as well. Kyle, thank you for figuring a way for this to end. She took a deep breath as Josh unwrapped himself from around her and reached for one of the oars. She then slipped back to her earlier seat in the back of the boat and watched as Josh spun the boat around with little effort and was already catching up to Kyle and Samantha.

Josh and Erika pulled into the dock two boat lengths ahead of Samantha and Kyle. The only slightly winded Josh scampered to tie off the craft then anchored himself in a stance like Colossus.

“It gets kind of tricky, let me help you.” He offered down a hand.

Erika accepted it as he helped her to her feet, then held onto her hand as she scrambled onto the dock about as graceful as a bull in a china shop. She stood up a little shakily and smoothed down her skirt and smiled, relieved to have Samantha close, again.

Josh lightly leaped up beside her. He turned and laughed good naturedly with Kyle who shook his head with a smile. “Even with a head start and you manage to win.”

“You need to work out more.” Josh advised. He held out a hand and assisted Samantha to up onto the dock.

A stab of jealousy cut at Erika. Jealous of the easy way that Josh had with women. Jealous at the way Samantha smiled at him and drank him in with her eyes. Jealous that Samantha never looked at Eric that way. Then there was a small spark. Like a pin prick of something….. something akin to jealousy. Josh was giving her friend attention and not her. That last realization stunned her. She shook her head and cleared it, forcing that last thought back down into the recesses of her mind where she hoped that is would stay.

Josh turned from ribbing his friend and winked at her with a smile. He walked up to her and took her hand in his. Again, he acted as if that is where it belonged. This time her palm didn’t itch. It almost felt comfortable, almost natural. They walked hand in hand back down the dock towards the beach.

Once on the sand, Josh turned towards Erika and suddenly pulled her to his chest. She tilted her head up to question him and found his lips against hers. There wasn’t any time to turn her head away, no time to say ‘no’. Just his strong, yet tender lips against hers.


 
End of Chapter Thirteen

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sam Needs To Talk To Erica FAST!

Eric wants Samantha to look at him like she is the guys, Eric needs to talk to Sam about Summer too.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I agree

Frank's picture

Although I'd say Eric needs to talk to Sam :)


Huggles!!

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

Erika can be saved!

She could dampen Josh's enthusiasm if she demonstrated that she was lesbian. I think Rachel would be overjoyed to help!

Hugs and Blessings,

Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Please, no ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Erica/Josh (or any other guy) relationship. I agree that ERIC needs to tell Samantha how he feels about her. If he keeps up with the trying hard to be a girl to please her bit, that's all he'll end up being to her, a girlfriend.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Starved

For a person who has been starved for respect and admiration for his entire life this must be a very powerful experience. Enough to start acting the girl for Josh? I don't know.

I do know that Eric will never get Samantha to look at him the way she looks a Josh. Despite what she says about peer pressure forcing her to date football players she is attracted to the "ideal" male physical standard. And that will never be Eric.

Thanks for sharing

I don't think so

There will be no Eric - Samantha romanticism. Ever. So anyone thinking Erica and Sam 'should have a nice heart-to-heart' and things will turn out, think again. Sam has coerced Eric into Erica! I mean, really!

Not to burst your bubble, but Samantha has let on she has interest in hunky good-looking manly men. Remember her dating one of the best football players, not to mention her claim 'first dibs on Josh'? I think it's reasonably safe to assume she doesn't swing 'that' way. No offense, but the ease of Erica's blending in with the other girls in camp, doesn't help to make her an eligible suitor for Samantha.
Wait! Did I say 'other girl'? Well indeed I did, and that's how Sam is -increasingly- seeing Erica also imho.

Also not likely will she be able to fend of Josh by hooking up with Rachel. She would never feel safe enough to even try to. Not now she wouldn't. Maybe later, when she has developed more of herself as a girl, when Eric has faded, integrated into the whole of Erica. For the duration of the camp only maybe, or in the long run.

What is wrong for a girl to be courted by dreamboat Josh? Apart from the suspicion I have for Josh being a player coupled to the warning Rachel -a repeating camp survivor- gave to Erica for being careful.

Let us sit back and enjoy the ride. With Erica. Oh I expect it to be rocky and wild, but enjoyable it is..

Jo-Anne

I'm with Jezzi on this

The idea that being transgendered... crossdressing, transsexual, even situations like Erika's which is a bit forced fem and a bit DBD... the idea that it quickly and easily changes your sexual orientation is ridiculous. But in stories, it happens constantly. Put on a skirt and makeup, find it determined that you make at least a decent looking girl, and suddenly you're as attracted to boys as any hetero girl that has always been outwardly female. I'm not saying it's always that way, no. It happens that the main character is attracted to boys before the change, or stays attracted to girls, but not nearly as often.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Hmmm

I thought you would :)

Maybe I'm wrong but up to now Eric nor Erica has experienced anything which would proof which way s/he swings. Oh sure, Eric has had fantasies about having a girlfriend, and explore relations in depth (no pun intended) with her. But it's still nothing more but fantasy, predominantly ordained by social rules.

The question is what does determine sexual orientation? Man, and I mean both sexes, is perfectly capable of making oneself belief something -anything- to be true, unquestionable, for many many years, into death even, while in truth it was the other way around, or something else entirely. But: make belief prevailed.

It is entirely possible that, when someone -determined to has to- is considering oneself as one sexe -has to- feels attracted towards the other, is just following convention.
Then, it is frightening enough to cross gender boarders and to know you have to live 'the other way around'. You make it look like an 'easy quick change', and maybe it can feel safer to hold on to previously established orientation. There is the personal angle, maybe you are annoyed and/or feel threatened in your personal conviction or orientation.

But is it really a ridiculously quick flick of the wrist? In these stories, a lot of the content evolves around other 'quick' and/or 'ridiculous' changes, so why is this much different? I like to remind you of the term 'opposites attract'.

True, it is confusing, to me too. *heh* But who is to say which ultimately determines sexual orientation? Must it be carved in stone regardless of one's gender orientation or is it much more fluid?

It's not ridiculous, it's not constantly, and it's nothing stranger then fiction. Don't cheapen it.

Jo-Anne

I'm pretty sure you weren't trying to be insulting

Which is why I'm responding instead of being bitchy :)

I'm not sure what you meant by, "I thought you would :)," exactly, but my best guess is that you thought I'd agree with Jezzi?

As for what determines sexual orientation, I think it quite arrogant on the part of anyone to assume that someone doesn't know what's attractive to them. Yes, mankind is exceedingly capable of self-delusion, so I agree with you there.

However, "There is the personal angle, maybe you are annoyed and/or feel threatened in your personal conviction or orientation," is completely uncalled for. I know who and what attracts me. I've been dating both men and women in the past, and women are what give me that secret thrill up my legs and back, then down my arms. If looked at objectively, even the men I've dated have been extremely girly people. My best friend pointed that out to me when I was falling hard for a swimmer. I've dated, easily, three times as many women as men. I know what I like, and consider myself a lesbian. Who are you to question me on that?

And yes, I feel it's ridiculous for it to always end up that the hero-cum-heroine in TG stories seems to end up a heterosexual woman or girl nearly all the time when they started out as a heterosexual man or boy.

Constantly is a relative term, and if it matches 6 of 7, then Scientific Method has been followed. For those that aren't familiar enough, the Scientific Method requires that the same results be achieved seven times with only one Experimental Error. EASILY six out of every seven stories have this happen.

As for it not being stranger than fiction... we are talking about fiction, so the author or authoress may do as she or he wishes, but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Cheapen it? I'd really like you to explain that accusation, actually.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

I never try to be insulting

And yes, your guess was right.

How is it that I'm questioning your orientation? I don't. I feel no need to. At the most I've tried to suggest that your reasoning could be influenced by subjective arguments. You are taking it too personal, and if you feel offended, well that's regrettable.

You feel it ridiculous to have TG-stories end up always with heterosexual orientation, but well that's how you feel it. I don't think it's always, and I don't think it's ridiculous. That's how I feel.

Whether constantly is relative. Since when is constantly other then invariably? And since when did Scientific Method allow persistence of a hypothesis when this hypothesis is proven wrong empirically. Or are you using fuzzy logic? No again, I say, it's not constantly.

Well yes, we are talking about fiction, and here I was insinuating that life could be even stranger. But that leaves your opinion as valid as ever. No argument.

As to cheapen it To me the phrasing

Put on a skirt and makeup, find it determined that you make at least a decent looking girl, and suddenly you're as attracted to boys as any hetero girl that has always been outwardly female.

came about as derisive, cheap.

Jo-Anne

That says to me...

That you expected me to respond. That you were thinking about how I'd respond when you began the posting. Baiting is a trollish tactic, and one I'd not think you would use.

The cheapening. It seems to me that that kind of thing happening in a story with the consistency that it does cheapens the story. My pointing it out doesn't cheapen it further.

Scientific Method is set out as a series of steps. One of those is that you must be able to reproduce your results 7 more times, with only failing once in that 7 -- which can be identified as an Experimental Error. I'm not saying Scientific Method is infallible, heck, you could use it to "prove" that all odd numbers are Prime.

  1. 1 - Prime
  2. 3 - Prime
  3. 5 - Prime
  4. 7 - Prime
  5. 9 - Experimental Error
  6. 11 - Prime
  7. 13 - Prime

So all odd numbers must be Prime.

See? It doesn't always work. But it's accepted as the process by which to prove something is a valid constant for a theory. So when easily 6 out of every 7 stories do, indeed, follow the pattern, then it's a valid certainty that it occurs "constantly" in these stories.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Let's Agree to Disagree

on the topic and not take it any further. Take a break and understand each person has a different opinion. Cool down some. Please.

Sephrena Lynn Miller

How About Erica being Bi?

Its totally possible Eric was actually bisexual in nature and is discovering this little fact which has been always suppressed. We know he has no prior experience at 'sex' or dating, so he truly did not know. Now that the pressure of being tortured in school is removed, Eric - as Erica, is seeing and discovering who she 'really' is. It may turn out she likes both male and females but has a preferential leaning towards one sex. We will see in due course.

But Jo-Ann is right, unless there is some strong hidden lesbian streak within Samantha, that romance will never materialize with Erica.

Sephrena Lynn Miller

Eric's in serious danger ...

... of losing the desire to be himself. To go from being hated and spit upon to being treated well as part of a group of friends and admired? After a summer of not being treated like dirt, he won't want to be Eric ever again. And who could blame him, when Erika's life is so much more welcoming?

His experience is hitting him hard on so many levels, it will be interesting to see how it affects him in the long run.

Terrific work, Anistasia! *hugs* Looking forward to more!

Randalynn

Thank you to all of you.

It is absolutely wonderful to open up a site and see people discussing a story you have written. I am often surprised at how deep the readers here, delve into the character's psyche(sp). or pick up on small nueonces(sp)(I can't spell today) sometimes you all pick up on small things that I never even thought of at the time. I then have to incorperate those tidbits. (I love it).

Thank you all, for your encouragement.

Thank you for reading, enjoying and commenting.
A.A.

Spelling

It's 'nuance,' since you asked. :) And you had 'psyche' spelled correctly.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

What Eric needs...

laika's picture

...is FRIENDS. As much as I love the stories (Show me the Money) where the hero ends up finding her girly true self, I don't see any innate tendancy within Eric toward needing to be Erica. And having friends would be a lousy reason for such a drastic change. It would be nice if after this adventure, whether he pulls this ruse off successfully thru his whole stay at camp, or the whole thing blows up in his face, he could hold onto some of these friendships, and retain or expand on some of the skills he's learning, that are allow him to interact with others (save that one sad, doomed friendship) for the first time in his life. Romance of any sort seems premature at this point, for someone just "learning to crawl" socially. But what's gonna happen is gonna happen, and I'm sure it will be quite entertaining. Anistasia is da bomb!
~~~hugs, Laika

I can relate ...

... to how Eric/Erika is feeling right now. After going through life being treated like scum, finding someone who treats you nice and says nice things to you can be overwhelming. I can see why s/he would enjoy being around someone like that, even if s/he isn't attracted to guys.

I never considered myself attracted to guys, but about a year after I started living full time as a girl, a guy asked me out on a date. I was pretty surprised he asked, considering he knew I was transgendered. Even though I hadn't really considered going out with a guy before, I was curious, so I decided to give it a try.

It was very nice. I felt like I was being treated like a princess. I told him ahead of time that I wasn't ready to get into anything physical and he was a perfect gentleman. When he brought me home, he asked if he could kiss me and I said yes. He wasn't groping or anything like that. Just very sweet and tender.

Having said that, I still find myself to be mostly attracted to girls*. I believe Eric/Erika could feel the same way, even if s/he finds s/he enjoys the experience s/he had with Josh. I hope whatever happens after the date with Josh, things work themselves out okay for everyone.

*There's some exceptions, such as David Bowie. But ... I mean ... it's David Bowie! He's like, one of the prettiest guys I've seen. Then there's Prince, but he's pretty in a different way. And then ... um ... I probably aughta stop before this footnote gets bigger than the main entry. ;P

Heather (an older version of Heather Rose) Brown :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Samantha & Erica Are The Ones That This Story Center On

If Samantha ever needs for Erica to rescue her from a date, THEN she will be ready to hear what Erica has to say about her sister Summer. I believe that Sam is avoiding the subject of Summer's death and Sam's true feelings ti Eric

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yeah, the whole point was to give Eric a better summer

Frank's picture

And for Samantha to learn about her sister through her only true friend. As far as the dating thing goes. I don't like it and I've said why a few chapters ago. If Eric was transitioning and this was to be his future life with hormones and whatever else...then male dating he'd try..for summer camp to just act like a girl, I have a much harder time with it done this way.

An Now for soemthing almost completely different...I've never understood stories where a male hating woman turns her boyfriend or hubby or whomever into a girl just she can force gay sex on him and have a real man herself...

Still all in all a GREAT story Anistasia!!


Huggles!!

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

The Jury is still out on this one.

I can understand and I certainly respect all the opinions expressed by those who have already commented here.
This story has a wide range of options for direction of plot, and many of them could put the hero/heroine in serious danger. A simple kiss is the least of her/his troubles.
I don't necessarily want to get into all the dangers inherent in this situation. After all, this is Anistasia's story and not mine or anyone elses. Just as a quick example: When Josh pulls Erica to his chest, will he be able to tell that Erica's breasts are falsies? Or are they high quality? There are many questions like that.
So far this has been a fun ride, and we are only in the first week of camp here. Can Erik/Erica pull this off without getting hurt? And without hurting anyone else?
I await the next chapter eagerly.
Love, Jo

the story of camp kumoni

thes storys like this is so good it like watching the soaps on tv once you start you cant stop ,ok cant just read one and not come back now were is the rest of the story who did who or who went from boy to gril who got maried what happend nixt ?this is like drugs help i need a fix and i dont meen drugs ,have a good one love n hugs awalys [email protected]-----to under stand me lisen to the soung oldhippie buy bellamy bro,s ,love awalys charles

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

Porsche

Josh getting a Porsche for his birthday ? That's not very likely. His parents not only need to be 'filthy rich' for that, but they also need to be uncaring and insane to give their son something that's likely to get him killed.

On second thought, they did banish him to that camp...

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

I know many kids that get great cars for their 16th.

When I worked as an External Enviromental designer, I had a client who had twin girls. They each got their own mustang convertable with personalized license plates.
So it can and does happen.

My intention was for Josh to come off as the kid who was spoiled in everything except time with his parents. they were too busy during the summer to have him around. ergo, Camp Kumoni

A.A.

Erica

I am starting to wonder how long for Erica to realize she’s transgender, or if she is attracted to Josh.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna