My Super Secret Life...Scarlet-16.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-16.

Chapter 16

The singing bunch of new people…friends and Nikki showing up and the fact that I got the part even thought it’s kind of sort of a cover has me pretty pumped up and excited and then there’s the kissing.

And it’s a real kiss.

It’s a real me getting kissed as a girl kiss and while I’ve been kissed a few times really, really good as Dale this is sooooo different.

I can feel her lips so soft in mine. And mine are girl soft too and sensitive and then there’s this sensual slide of lipstick on lipstick and that send shivers through me and then it’s just better.

Pulse hammering, hands needing to touch her, wanting more and more of this and leaning into it and just sort of melting.

I can’t really say it differently but it’s that girl thing…that the act and the intimacy is just as good as the physical thing and then.

And then…

We’re still dressed but that doesn’t matter at all because I’m leaning into her and Nikki is leaning into me and that’s when it happens.

Boobs touching.

I swear what part of me that’s Dale me in the back of my head just rolled over with a moan.

There’s being a guy and getting turned on by lesbian stuff then there’s being a guy who’s also a woman getting the lesbian experience.

And while I’ve experienced being turned on before and messed around as Darcy real deep physical attraction feels so bloody different. And honestly I’m not sure if it’s acclimation or the magic from the bracelet but I am so enjoying the echoing layers of sensations that is me being very aroused as a woman.

Okay it is a little strange getting turned on downstairs but not too bad really it’s actually sort of comparable and stuff but…

OMG I love the way that my breasts are feeling. Swelled but in a good way, flushed too and warm from the whole blood flow thing, sort of achy and needy in a good way and my nipples are so hard it again kinda hurts but it a good way and I am so…so… wonderfully aware of myself.

And the kissing just seems to go on and on and on until we kind of sort of run out of air and we’re panting and staring at each other in the eyes and Nikki gets this smile there sort of and does this happy little sexy lip bite and I really am thinking.

Take me home and make love to me.

Deep breath Darcy…no going too fast.

Nikki is worth more than a flip into the sheets, I am not that kind of girl no matter how much I really wish I was.

I swear there’s this sexy little voice in me going…but you’re a red head and gingers are fun.

Naughty.

I do take that deep breath. “Wow….”

“Yeah oh really wow…” She’s blushing and staring at me and I can tell that she’s really turned on too.

No, no boner showing but I’m pretty sure she’s working on one.

Okay that’s a sort of sobering thought.

Well not a scary one but Nikki is VG and she’s good with her guy bit.

Okay now I’m sort of wondering what that’ll be like, what she’ll look like in the bedroom.

And then the others are applauding us and it’s actually kind of good that we’re sort of surrounded and taken with them back inside the bar.

……………………………………..Oh my god this was actually so much fun. I had a few drinks but not enough to get sloshed and I’m legal the drinking age here on New Haven is actually eighteen like the voting ages and getting a hover licence.

Twenty one to fly an Aero-vehicle.

Okay maybe I’m was a little buzzed but I was being careful I’m pretty sure my tolerance is pretty light because of one I’m not a drinker and two I’m a lot lighter than Dale is. I danced a lot and try to burn it off with Nikki who can actually drink more than I can and I’m thinking that this might be one of those big city girl things.

I’ve tried a few things and I know that you shouldn’t mix and match drinks but I’m not sure that counts with cocktails.

I don’t care for white wine but I like a sweet red, I loathe cosmos and candy apple martinis…too sweet. I spit out the sip of scotch some one let me try it was really eeew tasting to me and I did like the pineapple sparklers though which are I think pineapple concentrate with rum and passion fruit and club soda.

I like the girly drinks but more of a citrus sweet than the candy like sweet. I still like beer I am still kind of country raised and all but trying the girly stuff is fun.

And so is dancing!

While I was in my mind and in the bracelet I was shown all sorts of things and while I’m not a trained dancer by any means I do have a bit of teaching in dancing as a girl and getting to use that in the bar with the other stuff that’s being played and dancing with Nikki and others.

It’s so fun!

I get to cut loose and be sexual and flirty and spazzy and just not care about presentation or poise and all that stuff that you kind of have to pay attention too all the time. I mean until I started living more as Darcy I had no idea about the way to walk and not to slouch or lean or just plop down in a skirt and the face.

That was the hardest and still is the hardest thing for me to do is to keep my hands from my face. Guys never have to do that so we just touch.

You can’t do that with make-up.

Not that I wear it that much but I have been during my interviews and auditions and stuff and I get it.

When you do it right the added effect to how you look really exceeds the bother and fuss.

But when you’re dancing it all just gets to go away and you’re socially allowed to be wilder and so is everyone else and we sort of feed off of each other and the music is so different here and scattered because some of it’s just like movie music and show tunes and stuff from musicals.

And as fun as it is its completely new to me and to Nikki well she actually is from Ark City so she’s used to there being the whole theatre and arts scene in the city even if she hadn’t really gotten into it.

Another shocker for me and one that I didn’t think would shock me given well just who I am and everything is that there is only one bathroom it’s really big but it’s unisex.

And there was some drug use in there…no thing heavy but I am sort of a cop right? I’ll have to ask the others about these situations. I mean busting someone would break my cover and it’s not like I saw anyone shooting up just well smoking up.

That and while Nikki and I were fixing our make-up I got to see in one of the stalls with the door sort of left open one guy going down on another guy for like a blow job.

No I have never watched gay porn.

And while I know gay people and lesbians and stuff I’ve never actually see it happening live.

And I think they had the stall door jammed on purpose and were putting on a show.

Oh my…I’m a super heroine I really shouldn’t be thinking about that stuff not in like as a raunchy way as I was.

Because I…because Nikki has…and the guy that gone down well he looked like it was kind of a good thing.

And I was staring until Nikki dragged me out of there giggling.

Okay that was really kind of fun doing that.

I don’t know I think we partied for something like four hours and closed down the club with a whole bunch of the others and we ended up walking and swaying and giggling with each other down the streets until we hit some of the side streets…well avenues really and we stop into Corvettes.

Okay Corvettes isn’t the type of automobile which still exists and is actually been revamped from history as an air-car.

No these are named after the type of space ship in a sort of play on words about submarine sandwiches.

They are a chain place but a really good one and we saw it and we were al like.

“Ooooh….subs!” Which was me.

“Oh I’m Sooooo hungry!” Which was Nikki and we tipsy girl stagger into the place and we’re actually not that out of place because it’s a definite post bar crowd favorite.

Okay it was still actually fun there too as we leaned on each other and just goofed and giggled over some of the food like their torpedo fries which are these fingerling potatoes and well they’re shaped like…

And two buzzed girls it was kinda juvenile funny.

And I haven’t been feeling the whole juvenile age thing for a long time.

It really kind of felt good to get back to being me, like the high school me. I know I’m a college kid and I’m still newly Darcy.

It felt really good to let off some steam I guess and with Nikki too which was great because I really like her but this was more than just that it was doing stuff even if it was just a sort of wild night out we were doing it kind of like a date and kind of like we’re friends.

I ended up going with a Mexicali circus sub which is lean ground pork with spices and it’s mixed with some mixed peppers mostly just the sweet ones and then tossed with buttered popcorn before they stuff it in a bun.

I know it sounds weird and it kinda is but right fresh before the steam and juices make the buttery popcorn all soggy it’s this really good kind of crunchy meaty kind of thing like how some stuff has like potato chips in or on top of them.

It was really good.

Nikki gets this fried fish sub with lettuce and squashed peas? Okay it looked really odd but it pleased her to no end so it was all good and I got to treat her.

Which made her happy and this sort of actually a date.

I think Nikki made that pretty clear while we were there too by how much she was kissing with me.

And on the bus.

We could’ve taken a cab I guess but we were buzzed and fading from it and we sort of decided to take the bus and sit in the big bench seat in the back and snuggle under our coats together and just enjoy the long drive and the few change-overs since we were going all the way to two other districts and when we got to the last one it was really awesome because we slipped into Cosmic Coffee and got an extra large hot chocolate that we shared all the way back to her bus stop.

And I got to walk her up to her place again and we must have spent at least ten or fifiteen minutes kissing before we said good night.

Nikki looked at me and did that little lip bite and shy smile. “This, this was awesome…I mean I really needed a night like this Darcy I don’t get out to a lot of the campus parties…because you know…”

“I know and I had a lot of fun too, I…I had a reason to celebrate and then it was just suddenly I wanted to share that with you.”

“You did?”

“Yeah definitely, you notice that you’re the only person that I called.”

She blushes and took a step in and she hugged me. “Seriously Darcy I noticed, there’s so few people in my life now that take me at face value. It’s lonely y’know not being seen.”

My heart did this little ow thing and I so wanted to just make things better.

“Are you going to be okay tonight Nikki?”

(Sniffle-smile.) “Yeah, I’m okay just still kind of boozy and sometimes I get kind of emotional after stuff. Bur it’s good, tonight was good.”

“Good, you still want to go out to see a show?”

“Definitely, I’ve been dreaming on that all week since you asked me.”

“Really?”

“Yeah…honestly feels like I have a life right now.”

“You have a life y’know.”

(Sniffle-smile.) “Yeah but one outside of work and classes and the whole VSVG thing it’s well…it’s been pretty dismal and lonely.”

I hugged her this time and we just stayed there for a little while…actually until she sort of did this sniffle-yawn thing.

“I’m keeping you up, I should go.”

She looked at me. “Okay, are you going to be okay to get home?”

“Oh yeah that’s okay, I’m just really glad that I didn’t bring Dale’s car today because it’d be downtown at this point.”

She laughed a bit. “Knowing Dale he’d be way more cool with it than you think especially since we’d not have drank and drove.”

I couldn’t help but to smile at that. It still kind of very…I like how she see’s me as Dale in a lot of ways but I like her more as Darcy really.

“So…this weekend?”

“Call me to make sure sometimes my job has crazy hours and shifts that come out of nowhere.”

“Where do you work?”

Nikki blushes. “Chilly-Willies.”

“The ice cream place?”

“Yeah, they’re okay with me being me.”

“Well good but yeah it’s still fast food I had friends doing that in high school and sometimes the shifts can bite.”

“How long are the tickets good for?”

“All year I think they’re pretty swank passes.”

“Oh cool, I still can’t wait.”

“Yeah me too.”

“G’nite Darcy.”

She gives me this really sweet smile before she goes inside and it’s one of those smiles that you get from someone that lights you up because they’re really, really happy.

I left feeling really great and I wandered around until I found a spot good enough and secluded enough to shift and do that unlit flight thing using the cover of dark and once I’m far enough away I go to powered up mode and I flew a good portion of the way home before shutting down and doing that slow flight down to my place.

It few amazingly good to take a shower after all of that and to…

Well I was thinking of Nikki and all of her parts and just what she might be like intimately and the dancing and the kissing and my hand dips down and…

It’s a good thing I live alone.

I was happy and buzzy and weal legged leaving the shower and collapsing into my bed.

I can remember still feeling the bed pressing into my breasts or vice versa and enjoying it for awhile and then thinking to my bracelet with a sort of wake up call request.

………………… I’m woken up by this very energized ping feeling like I just had a serious shot of coffee or sugar or like one of those energy drinks and I get up and shift to Dale and it feels really strange.

I even have to sort of plant my feet and get my solid back.

It takes me making breakfast and my first actual cup of coffee to get used to my size and weight and stuff all over again.

It’s not a bad thing or the fact that I’ve bemoaning the fact that I’m not Darcy right now it’s just an acclimation thing really.

Aside from the relationship and liking Nikki still as Dale/Darcy sort of thing I’m okay in guy mode.

Though another concession to my new super heroine life is actually turning on the TV and my laptop and going to the news feeds and actually watching them while I have my breakfast.

I’m a solid breakfast person I’ve never been one of those cereal sugar garbage kids so I cook a couple of sausage rounds and them dump some cold potatoes in when they’re almost cooked and some onion and poach an egg in the microwave. Yeah that’s something from my grandfather actually just a plastic container and a shake of salt and a dash of vinegar in with about a cup of water and crack an egg in it and cook it for one minute on high and you have a nicely poached medium egg.

I like eggs I grew up on a farm and we had laying hens, we really didn’t sell them but we sure did eat a lot of them.

I do my dishes and get dressed and head off to class in the car. I’m not jogging there today not after last night and I pull in and get a large tea this time at the kiosk and head to my classes.

I see Nikki in the classes that we share but we’re actually pretty busy now with some of the stuff we’re doing but we do get to smile at each other and wave coming and going until we’re sitting together in psychology-1.

I smile at her. “Hey, had a good night?”

“Yeah….” She has this huge smile going on. “Darcy’s pretty awesome.”

“She had a good time too; she said she’s never done that before.”

Nikki nods. “I could tell, Darcy’s awesome but there’s a lot of stuff she’s never seen or done before.”

I smile and open my notebook to start to take notes. “Well we’re both pretty small town and country types I mean you could put like home and the next five closest towns here in our district easy.”

Nikki is still smiling but sort of shaking her head too. “I grew up here and I know there’s stuff like that out there but I mean I’ve always been part of Ark City I think that small town like would be either really weird or really nice.”

I take a drink as the Prof starts to rev up the holo projectors for the lecture. “It took me a week before I could sleep here between all the street sounds and stuff and the lights. I’m not sure how I’d take going home and how quiet it’d be.”

She nods and we kind of busy ourselves with class and the lecture at this point because we’re getting to that point where the start of the year’s worn off and they kind of expect you to do some real work and I’m really paying attention because we’re starting to get into the stuff that deals with trauma and the types of it and signs and stuff.

I need this for my job but also for my degree. I’ll be working with prosthetics and cyber and bionic stuff or I want to and there’s a lot of trauma related stuff that goes with this kind of stuff too.

Nikki it’s more that social worker/therapist side of why she’s taking it but it’s still interesting and something that we’re into.

Okay it’s actually cool that we’re doing this from different angles but also that we’re just sort of into things like this.

As much as goofing off last night was fun it’s pretty cool on that we’re adults sort of level this way too.

We get out of that lecture and we head to the food hall together. She looks at me.

“So are you seeing anyone yet?”

“Sort of, kind of, not really?”

“Huh?”

“I’m living vicariously through Darcy.”

“Dale…I’m not into guys y’know.”

“Sigh I know and actually like sexually Nikki I’m not sure that I’m all that open about something like you and me.”

“Really?” She actually looks surprised.

I laugh. “Yeah really, I like you for you and maybe kinda was and am crushing a bit but at the same time I’m not really a T-chaser type.”

She turns around and walks backwards. “You’re the first straight guy that’s ever said that to me y’know. So I do nothing for you?”

“You do, and that’s cool but at the same time I don’t really want to act on it if that makes any sense.”

“Actually it does. People do it all the time having crushes that they won’t ever really do anything about. I know a few men that in theory I’d sleep with but actually…likely never.”

“So we’re still good then?”

“Actually yeah. It’s cool that you’re neutral but not with me and not gay.”

I nod and get a tray.

Nope just complicated.

But it’s true. I do as Dale think Nikki is very good looking and I am attracted to her but honestly I can’t see her and Dale-me being together sexually. I’m not into her in that way or either way as a top or a bottom but as Darcy I’m very into her just as she is and really do want our relationship to get to the point of us being together.

It’s actually kind of this odd yet pleasant huh kind of moment.

And not really schizophrenic as it seems when you take the fact that when I shift over I completely shift over to being female completely and it’s a pretty big change so I’m as different as Darcy as Darcy can be from Dale.

I’m mulling it over and Nikki is called over by some of her friends. She does have some and yeah their part of the VSVG thing which is Varied Sexualities Varied Genders which has replaced the whole old alphabet soup stuff that is still used but just not as the blanket term nowadays or at least not here in college anymore.

And I so am sort of cheating because I sit with them and I get to here Nikki gushing about last night with Darcy and everything that we did together and the kissing and stuff and all the fun and romance that’s been building up and everything.

Okay it’s hard not to blush a few times and it’s hard not to chime in and stuff too but it’s actually really kind of gratifying yayness at the same time.

We separate after lunch with my other classes which is just two of them and then I leave and drive home and Darcy shift and check my mail and there’s nothing there yet from the theatre. Apparently they’re going to send the scripts to us and our notes and anything else as it’s like all the production stuff.

I log into my Ark Angel stuff through the bracelet and check my messages as I shift to Scarlet and there’s a couple of things left there for me to go there for training. I shift down to Darcy mode and I get in the car and I drive over to Sanctuary Island.

It’s a long drive…sort of? Forty minutes to get to the Super-bridge and another five minutes at highway speeds to cross the thing and I’m stopped at the checkpoint at the exit and once I’m cleared to go through I drive to The Ark building and I’m greeted by an Angie hologram when I get out of the car.

“Hey Darcy how’s it going?”

“Good! I got a part in the Labyrinth musical.”

“Coolness so what’s on the agenda here?”

“Came in for some training it was listed on my messages from here.”

“Oh cool so what are you scheduled for?”

“Lockdown? And the ranges.”

“Oh Lockdown’s hand to hand training.”

“Oh I didn’t know that I thought that it was like arresting people and stuff.”

“It kind of is it’s a law enforcement specific MMA.”

“Cool…can you show me where to go this place is huge.”

“Sure.”

Angie leads me through the place and we take the tubes…okay the tubes are like tunnels instead of just elevator shafts since this place is that big that you don’t just go up and down but you go back and forth in some of the levels here too.

It’s still like an elevator only like driven by anti-gravity tech instead and inside it’s like an elevator only sort of rounded at the sides?

Very high tech and very neat and I end up in this sort of gym level and she floats me to where I can get changed and there’s a lot of people here doing the martial arts stuff. Not just Ark Angels but cops too and other law enforcement agents.

I get into my training gear which is this leotard wetsuit kind of thing that looks like one of those super hero suits instead of a gi and it’s got some pretty decent sewn/built in protective stuff for like breasts and crotch and butt as well as knees and elbows.

I find what training class I’m supposed to be in and there’s about thirty of us in there and some of us look as nervous as I’m feeling and some just look gung ho or just into it.

Okay, here I thought it’d be all one on one and stuff.

It’ll definitely be interesting.

Then there’s this guy with lots of ink and piercings and stuff coming in and he’s smiling at us like we’re fresh meat.

Gulp.

“My name is Jason Kilpatrick and welcome to Lockdown, let’s get started!”

Okay it’s a lot of pairing off and stuff but we’re going right into these drills of doing a hit and taking a hit and we’re sparing with each other instead of that lining up and repeating moves no we’re facing off and we’re hitting on each other with the moves and this hardassed guy shows us just a few times before we’re doing it to each other.

“No this isn’t a dojo this is a fighting workshop! You all are here to learn the very fast basics of things that will save your lives and help you when you are faced off against a perp. There is no training better than doing rather than repeating, experience will serve you faster than muscle memory at this stage in your complete lack of experience!”

And there is a lot, a lot of getting hit and “learning what these strikes feel like.” I sort of get it and yet even with the padding it’s hard stuff and he’s sowing us where to hit over and over and my arms and shoulders and hands are sore from actually hitting some one else.

And padding or not I’m still feeling the blows from some people and he partners us girls with bigger opponents.

“Everyone will for the bulk of your careers be bigger than you, some hits you will take will mess with your center of balance!”

No I’m not talking back to him.

It’s actually a kind of scary class really since he yells at us a lot.

Especially the girls.

“Scared and freezing will get you and others killed!”

He doesn’t stop us going after like an hour of class too he goes until he’s satisfied that we can land and take these like seven basic types of punches.

I’ve done farm work and I’ve been hot but never as Darcy before and I hurt, I hurt and I’m drenched and feeling really disgusting under the training suits.

He dismisses us.

“Darcy hold up.”

Eep, he knows my name.

“Yes sir?”

He drinks some water as the others are leaving and he sets the bottle down now that we’re alone.

“Shift.”

“Pardon?”

“Shift, I want to face off with you as Scarlet and see the differences.”

“Uhm…”

“Okay fair warming…”

He comes at me himself and the next thing I know I’m hit in the chest and knocked back like seven feet and he’s still coming.

Ow…ow…ow…

“Get it together some hater or professional developed won’t wait while you’re down!”

He kicks me in my side and sends me rolling another few feel and I shift to Scarlet and him and I start getting into it. I am now skilled at this at all but some things are just there and they stick with me like this plus I’m in better condition like this and stronger and things too compared to just being Darcy.

I don’t just let him hit me either I duck and dodge and I block even a few times and I know I’m fighting for shit but I’m doing better than I would before and he’s hitting me really hard…I’m going to have bruises.

Then after what feels like forever he stops.

I’m panting and sucking air.

“Sorry about that. But now I know where you’re at in both states.”

“Good…bad…?”

“Civilian average pretty much but you get a large boost like this, you’d do alright with your energy field up I’d imagine.”

(Pant.) “Thanks I guess.”

“No thanking me yet we need a lot of work to get you to where I feel comfortable.”

“Great…okay so…”

“Keep coming back everyday until I say that you’re done.”

“We… (Pant)…going to be doing both?”

“Yes, we are.”

“Oh shit.”

“It’s supposed to be that way Lockdown’s a crash styled course we’re supposed to through you into the deep end first.”

“First?”

“First I teach you all to stay alive and to be able to take a perp down then you all can go onto learning other things.”

“Other things?”

“Martial arts other fighting regimes. They’re all decent things to learn and should be learned if you can just after I’m sure that you can get through the job while you do.”

“Oh…okay…and here I thought you were just being mean.”

“I am mean that’s why I do the job.”

I grin at him. He’s actually a lot less scary now that I get why he’s doing stuff the way that it is and with the action I’m already seen…yeah staying alive’s kind of a priority.

He waves me off and I go and shower and the I use the bracelet to send Angie a poke.

She shows up in holo-form again. “Hey-hey!” she waves. She’s actually kind of cute and not what I was expecting from talking to her before instead she’s like fourteen and has those anime style pig tails but she’s in a digital suit look like Tron only like in yellow.

Yes I know what Tron is it’s one of those franchises that keeps getting resurrected all the time. Actually I like that sort of cyber space look with the glowing like racing lines and stuff.

“Hey…so how do I find the range I’m supposed to go to?”

Angie shows me several Apps and maps I can link to for the Ark’s in house systems. And she floats along with me as I head to my range time.

“So how many holo-projectors are there here you seem like you just sort of show up?”

“There’s a bunch but I use something else.”

“Something else?”

“Yep.”

She grins and I smile back. “State secret?”

“Yep.”

“Okay cool.”

She looks at me. “So…you think you might be able to handle a few patrols tonight until like midnight?”

“Sure I might be tired but flying certainly has this…there’s just something about being able to that just is amazing.”

“I’ll have to take your world for that it’s something that I won’t ever really get.”

“Huh?”

“We’re here have fun!” She gives me this big goofy grin and then she winks out but leaving digital or like holo sparkles as an after effect.

I go in and I sign myself in and it’s a whole section actually and my first time in the range is theory and lectures on guns and fire arms and the laws and stuff like you’d get for any real gun classes.

I’m good with that because I’ve hunted and stuff as Dale and I don’t mind it since we really kind of used everything and that but hunting is different than the stuff that we’re going to be learning.

We do end the class though with fittings, learning how to wear the hip holsters and to put them on and everything. We’re told to keep them and to have them on with every class and we’re given an empty 9mm Reliable.

Yes it’s actually called that and it’s an old space colonial era company that made very tough and hard to break weapons for that time. And then we’re given a locker to stow our weapons and belts in scanned to our id cards and then I’m done and following the map in my head from the bracelet translating the stuff from The Ark’s computers to direct mental information.

Oh cool…I have my own section. Well not my own section but for auxiliary members we have our own section with lounge and locker room, gym, hangar and all of the stuff that you might expect but I officially am on the roster so I have a mini-apartment and office?

I go and check it out first and it’s small…it’s more or less an office with a desk and stuff computer and bookshelves and there’s a kitchen closet thing through one door and a small bedroom with just a modest closet and platform bed and a small bathroom. Not something to really live in but it’s like a place to write up reports and to crash at on those long days and nights.

It’s still really cool beans though.

I look through the books and there some stuff for the different Scarlet angels there but there’s a lot of text books and binders and stuff all on like law enforcement techniques and the law like I was going to actually be a police officer.

Actually I like the legitimacy of that and there’s notes on going to take live classes or well labs to take at the Halo university and school thing and the studying and the written things are actually doable online here with special passwords to start each of the tests and assignments.

Looking through that I will in fact have a law enforcement degree and be a bonded peace officer when I’m done all the training and the studying.

“Okay…that’s, that’s pretty cool.”

I’ve always wondered about that and heroes and stuff like being actually like police officers and stuff.

I do look up my current legal status as an Ark Angel and as an Auxiliary member I have no police powers unless I am called in by The Police, The Colonial Marshals, Homeworld Security, Fire and Rescue, Mayors office and The NHDF.

I can call in and get permission to be cleared to make an arrest as well it seems too.

I can work with that, I don’t really have the whole ego that I don’t need to be responsible or accountable for my actions.

Plus the vigilante types well they either really hurt people, even the bad ones or kill sometimes and even if they don’t…there’s so much wrong with things that good lawyers can get them off.

I feel pretty right about joining up.

I have a coffee while I was reading and use the bathroom before I go and shift over and I walk to the hangar that we have for our use here and I give the signal to open the glass-steel doors to the outside and I power up and up and up and once they’re open all the way I signal them to close and blast off right after that so they close behind me.

Oh, oh heck yeah I feel better already and not just from the flying but I’m way up right off from the start and I’m flying out over the Super-bridge and the harbour at night towards the city.

Hmmm…I think into the bracelet and bring up the heads up windows and stuff I’ve been using lately and try to see if I can do a recording function.

Yes, yes I can so I hover a few seconds and I take some pictures as it were using this and link to The Ark and store them in my memory pool…cloud thingy.

Before I take off again and I start to listen to stuff coming in.

See this mostly is part of the translation functions of the bracelet. I had read in some of the journals and even asked while I was with Grams about it. See like most by time bestowed and avatars and mystical types there is built in translation majik and you can understand any common language that you’re exposed to.

Computer code and com and radio and cell phone signals are common enough so really I’m adapting old standards of majik to a new idea and it’s working.

And this according to Gram’s might actually be my signature of my time as a Scarlet Angel since I am the first one out of all of us to do this.

I can say that honestly that makes me happy and I will definitely try and leaves note on doing and using this to the next one after me.

Not that I’m planning to do die any time soon.

And then I’m busy.

Two firefighting assists using my shields and flight to help the get through some trick spots and help getting people out.

Called to an armed robbery I’m sanctioned as first responder.

It’s a convenience store and late at night and the criminal in question is yelling and screaming with a sawed off pistol gripped shotgun. I get a good look opening windows in my view that’s like zooming in…like a camera. Okay there’s the cashier and there’s two people down on the floor and he looks like he’s on something.

Think…

I fly up to the doors of the store and knock. He turns and looks at me and points the shotgun at me and screams. “Stay the fuck back bitch or I’ll frag them all!”

I shove a burst of power as fast as I can and send it through the space on either side of the door and underneath it making a sort of shield corridor and trapping him inside it. He let’s out this scream/shriek of fear and goes to shoot and I yank my floor sheet out from under him and he flips and falls on his back and the concrete flooring…the shotgun goes off but it doesn’t hit anything because of the shield walls I put up and I open the door lock a targeter onto his shotgun and use a bolt to blow apart his shot gun I take a few steps in and have another bolt ready.

“If you have anything else I’d say don’t use it. You can’t threaten anyone right now okay?”

He gets up and pulls a knife and comes at me and I switch my bolt to a ball of shield and think rubber and fire whacking him between the eyes with a “rubber” energy bullet laying him cold.

I lower the shields and say to the people here. “Every please just remain calm the police will be here to arrest this man and to take your statements.

The squad van isn’t too far behind either.

That’s something that we’ve got here that home you’d never see and that’s the police have an entire force of guys that all they do is come and take and transport the perps and log in the arresting officers badges and all the reports and stuff is filed at the end of they shifts and the actual officers on patrol go back on patrol instead of having to run in the crooks.

I just get my badge scanned in and leave them to it when I get another call of officer down.

I give the guys a nod and they just point go and I blast off into the night sky.

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

All is not fun and games in the superhero biz

Most people are not use to personal contact (fighting) unless you are trained for it and I bet she may have to rely on it one day when all else fails or she is a fighting a stronger opponent and martial arts might be the only equalizer she has.

Kim

That's one of the reasons why the Ark Angels...

are so serious about training. It's also just plain good to be able to maybe resolve a situation with things like holds or joint locks without having to use powers.

This first step of training is that self defense style mixed with law enforcement restraining moves but taught by tossing one into the deep end.

Survive first then get better.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Scarlet

I have no idea if it was deliberate or not, but we got another side by side of Scarlet and Rook. Both of them had their sweet time with the one they care about, and then we got to see them do their thing although more of Scarlet than Rook.

Scarlet has many of the things I've always liked about Superman. She has that same similar set of values that she knows puts her somewhat out of place with everyone else, but she's not willing to give them up. The right thing is the right thing.

Great stuff Bailey!
hugs
Grover

Actually Dale/Darcy and Clark have a lot in common Grover.

New Haven might be another planet but both are essentially from the mid-west and farm raised with family values and Clark has the crystal library of Jor-el and Darcy has the memory beings inside the bracelets mental plane but both give advice.

Also Ark City is a good mirror to Metropolis.

Though the AA's are more like The Avengers than the Justice League.

Rook's part was more dialog but it was also intimacy and a good shot of backdrop with Freaktown.

I'm very glad that you're enjoying it though.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

he/she is learning on the job

I love how they've made being a superhero work within the law

DogSig.png

Very more realistic really Dotti:)

You look at what super heroes/heroines do and then look at how many laws most of them break, what the insurances would cost for their fights and events and all the other things.

The Ark Angels and The Champions are both upon request back up and universal agents not beholden to any one entity in the police or government or military services. They are however beholden to all of these services and this makes them far more accepted than people that just tear up the place.

They train and learn and actually take being a super hero/heroine as a profession.
Other than gun type heroes when was the last time they showed any heroes working at the range, or studying or taking classes in first aid or paramedics courses?

*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a proud big brother.

Bailey Summers

a new way of looking at things

can find new ways to utilize the power set that her ancestors never thought of. there was a series of books I read years ago with a teleporter that had to adjust for angular momentum with shifting loads between star systems. he learned that having a pocket full of ball bearings could save his life when you teleport one at a bad gut and add speed and direction. its always good to try things in new ways.
great chapter, thanks

Yes exactly like that LoneWolf.

I really started thinking about stuff like this when a player I had in one of my Role-playing groups cast. "Breathe without air.* on a victim that had stopped breathing after being hurt in a battle.

It read the spell's description and there was nothing to say it couldn't be used this way. So I allowed it and there's been innovation in game like that since. I've just extended it to stories too.

*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Future?

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Dale seems to me to be storing up a whole load of problems for the future. Darcy has a girlfriend, an education, a job and a future. Dale has an education and... does he have a future? If Darcy becomes serious with Nikki, where does that leave Dale? He's admitted he's not attracted to Nikki in the same way and likely as not she isn't into him the same way she is Darcy. The Superman analogy has been used by other commentators and it kind of feels like if Scarlet is Superman, Darcy is Clark Kent... does that make Dale, Kal-El? The identity that Superman might have been born as but really isn't. It will be interesting to find out!

As for the rest, the AA continue to deliver a (literrally) kick ass training programme! :-)

Great to see another chapter of my favourite superheroine. I love the inanately pure quality to Scarlet.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Dale as Kal-El might be an apt comparison:)

He's not given a lot of thought to Himself right now because of Darcy's life and the choice that he made. Even right now as he is emotionally if Dale did think hard on it he still might not know how to feel.

He'd not really know how to see this identity issue, he's Dale but he pretty much made Darcy up again much like how the word see's Clark as opposed to how Clark really was at home with his family.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

That was one

of the things that the Christopher Reeves Superman did so well. It was like clicking a switch when he 'became' Clark Kent' mind mannered reporter, and then when his 'real' personality peeked though.

So Dale is the Clark Kent from Kansas while Darcy is the created alter-ego of Scarlet. On the other hand we can see the Darcy side of Dale growing as they explore a new side of themselves. Unlike the Daily Planet's Clark Kent which is mostly just an act, Darcy is growing as she's experiencing new things.

That's besides the hints that one day Darcy will stick around, while Dale steps offstage.
hugs
Grover