Squires-24

Printer-friendly version

Jess Stone had breasts. He had been like this his entire teen life not quite fitting in anywhere that he had lived and at the same time he hadn’t really had the chance to. His folks moved around a lot with his dad being a hydrological engineer but they were slightly afraid of what might happen to Jess if he attended school. Some people just didn’t get it or wanted too. Jess was now attending a new school when he decided to change things...

Only it was everyone else that was getting changed!

Squires
Chapter 24
by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2012 Bailey Summers
All rights reserved.

Squires-24

 


Image Credit: anime couple


 

*Keith…………

“Dabbit! dabbit, dabbit gawd dabbit!” He screeched his car to a halt and he beat on the searing wheel as Mark and Jeff nursed their own wounds. He opened the car door and rolled partway out as tears of pain and rage filled up his broken nose…three times he’d…oh god he couldn’t breathe.

He hurled up the burgers and shake he had earlier and tried to breathe after that.

Reilly…little fucker.

Stone…Tranny freak.

He was going to hurt them, even that big boxing asshole. They…they’d pay for this.

Mark coughed holding his face where that big gorilla had danced it and hit him four or five times. Coughing hurt, he moaned as his face throbbed. “Who, who was that guy!?”

Jeff was in the back seat and nursing his knee and taking pull after pull from a bottle he had with him.

“We gotta teach them lessons Keith…Reilly won’t keep his fuckin mouth shut, he won’t.”

Keith panted and stared at his reflection in the mirror and he reached back. “Gibby that.” He took a long guzzle of the forty of Jack and another before passing it to Mark. He breathed working himself up until he could reach up and get a grip on his nose and moved it into place with crunchy sounds.

He screamed and punched the inside door panel over and over and cursed over and over. He snorted even as much as it was white hot pain and horked up clot after clot of bloody snot.

He took the bottle.

“Yeah, far from over guys.”

He got back into the car and drove letting the whiskey blur out the pain and he swung around through some of the side streets looking and looking for the Camero and the asshole that got involved with him and Reilly.

Nothing.

Then they swung around past the Fag’s house and the lights were down low and it looked like all the fucking freaks and the queers had vacated. He killed the lights and looked at Mark and Jeff.

“Let’s do the yard.”

He left the mustang going and he and the boys got out and they went to the trash cans full of crap from the party they had and ripped open all the bags and stuff and turfed it all out over the lawn making as much as a mess as they could until Jeff hissed.

“Let’s get the fuck out of here.”

Mark nodded and zipped up his fly having pissed all over as much of the trash as they could.

The three ran back to the car and pulled out of the area laughing and passing the bottle back and forth between them and cracking hate jokes.

*Britney…………

She set her water down and she stared at her computer screen it took her a minute or so to swallow it and she replayed to snippet of video of Brian in this bathroom with all these sluts and the tranny.

That fucking tranny who showed her up.

Johnny, like what kind of a fucking name was Johnny anyways even if you’re some gay guy pretending to be a girl as an excuse to be all swishy and wear women’s clothes and….just…

Brian…there with her asking her out in front of all of those people and them having a “Moment.”

“Why the fuck didn’t he ever do romantic shit like that with me!?”

She threw the bottle of water and a few more things and she went back to the computer and went back to looking at stuff online about this party and her FB page and even that web page that was set up to make them all look like a bunch of assholes…

“Gawd, freaks and faggots and dykes.” She felt like spitting and if she wasn’t in her room she might have. The party was all over that site and showed videos and snippets of people having a good time and dancing and most of Club-Freak were dancing with same sex couples and just…

Brain was dancing barefoot with the tranny.

Brian and him kissing, it kissing.

Humiliating her.

And then there was a video posted with…and it took her awhile with the blonde hair and the new look but Selina was there, she was back.

*The Alpha royals…………

Bradley rolled over as his phone went off and he looked at it opening his eyes. “Oh…?”

He rolled over and nuzzled into Heather’s neck. “Hey, Lee just sent me a text apparently Club-Freak just had a party. They beat us to having the start of the year bash.”

She yawned. “But there’s still Homecoming and stuff is this really that important?’

He shrugged against her. “Well Britney’s going with Lee and she was with Brian and apparently he was there.”

She sat up and yawned. “You really think he’s into that guy?”

“Guy?”

“Johnny whatever that silly boy in the dress.”

“She’s transgendered Heather.”

“Oh fake’s fake and crazy is crazy it doesn’t matter they both have cocks so they’re gay. Why are you being all PC about it?”

“I’m on student council it pays to actually know this stuff.”

“Oh well that’s true and less chance of them doing something like he called me a boy lawsuit and stuff.”

“Yes there is that.”

Heather went and took her laptop from her vanity to her bed. Oh yes Bradley, Bradley was more than allowed to stay over.

She went and checked her e-mails and twitter and FB and the new school site and there it was this Happy Gay Day party for one of the new kids and there was a lot of faces that they didn’t know but almost all of the drama club and some of the more adventurous semi-geeks and some of the gothings and almost all of the school’s LGBT.

“Brian does have wood for the trannies though.” Heather said almost gleefully as she watched the things playing out and Bradley nodded.

“Open another tab and let me see your computer.” He leaned over her he opened his dummy Facebook page and he started to share things with the party and Brian and Johnny and most of Club-Freak to a few other people. His page was registered with an e-mail he had set up for a friend of his aunt’s who wasn’t computer literate in the least and wanted to be on Skype for her grandchildren. He did this for a few people to foster his nice guy image but he still had all the details and the passwords. He didn’t care about them just as long as he wasn’t getting digital dirt on himself. He wasn’t too worried either about the IP thing too since he wasn’t home and pretty much it could be anyone in Heathers area posting this if they checked that deep.

Honestly after Selina, people like Britney would hire P.I.’s if they could do did up dirt of their rivals or hire or promise things to a geek loser type of pawn.

No, being paranoid was a survival trait besides even if…it’s Heather’s house.

“Brad? Who are the people you’re sending these things to?”

“Greg White he’s the churchy idiot that sort of runs that whole Holy Roller bunch here in the school and he’s into that whole Student’s for a Wholesome Life thing. Travis Barrow he’s the cammo-thug that’s all guns guns, guns hate Obama, gays and the government guy.”

“Oh the bigot that shot off his mouth with the anti-gay stuff and the racist stuff in the locker rooms the other day with the new kid, the other tranny.”

“That’s the guy and a few others that will take this and rant half the night about it.”

She watched him type. “You don’t even believe in god and stuff and you’re acting like you are and getting them all riled up.”

He drew himself up in a fake pose. “I love god, and my country and it’s my duty as a young person these days to see the ideals of my country saved before the way that things are now ruins them.”

Heather laughed. “Okay fine Mr. Politics, so why even bother?”

“Because I can Heather, It’s our last year, we go out on top and we make sure that the people that we want following behind us are doing what we wanted them to.”

“Why even care about them?”

“Some will go to college, some won’t…face it some of these kids peaked already and they’re just going to be losers anyways but we make sure they’re glory years are good and the ones going to college behind us are still loyal to us then we’ll do the same thing there. Either way they’ll kiss our asses for a long time y’know.”

“Like Keith.”

He kissed her. “Yes just like, he’ll go to a school on his baseball or more likely his wrestling records but he’ll be lucky if he actually graduates with a degree. But its people learning their lessons too.”

Heather nodded. “Learn your place because if they thought we were better than then and out of their league in high school then…”

He nodded. “Teach a dog to sit enough times and he’ll sit when you tell him to.”

“You’re having fun with this aren’t you?”

“If you’re King then you might as well enjoy it.”

“Oh well are you done?’

“Yes for now I just gave the right people pushes.”

“Good…” Heather kissed him and slid her way down…power…confidence…such a turn on. Plus he’s keep her mouth and other things on his mind in case someone actually dared make a play on him this year.

*Andy…………

Danny Reilly…he ran into Danny after almost a year and a half and it was not like he’d thought that it’s be like when or if he saw him again. Actually he had never thought he’d see Danny again.

He had been glad that he hadn’t seen him either.

Yeah glad.

Middle school had been the shits. His dad was a drunk and not a happy drunk either. Now he never hit him or his sibs that much…well no more than they deserved to be fair and honest.

But he had never endingly told him and his siblings that they were stupid, and worthless. It was non-stop put downs all the time and adding the fact he was dyslexic…he was a really angry kid. He had been in trouble a lot in his old school so when he got to middle school the other kids that he had gone to school spread the word to the other kids really quickly. Bully, thug, trailer trash…big dumb gorilla.

So he lashed out…a whole year and a half of fuck you I’ll show you all. The schoolyard became the outlet for his stuff at home.

And home just got worse.

His mother took off on them and their father…it hurt but part of him just couldn’t blame her.

His sister…just a year older became a tweenaged pregnancy statistic which just increased the drunken tirades at home and his older brother had been arrested and was tossed in prison. Mark was in the 44’s a white gang that was trying to revive the glory days of Chi-West. He shot someone and was caught with drugs and an illegal gun.

That year the hits had just kept coming and then there was the fact that he was finding some guys…cute…he liked girls too but there were some guys…like Danny…these sort of slight smaller guys that he was drawn to as well.

Actually looking back Andy was kind of wondering as much as he picked on Danny if he never had a crush going on.

He was certain he might now.

Getting the call that his father had died was what pulled him out of school. He never even went back to the trailer when his Uncle Jack showed up and took care of everything and moved him and his sister in with his family.

His dad used a shotgun…there was a mess.

He drove for while just trying to sift through all of that and Danny…just seeing Danny brought up a whole lot of stuff and he finally remembered to stop at the store and get some milk for the house.

It was late when he pulled into the yard and got out and headed inside. His Uncle Jack was up and he was humming and making stuff to eat.

“Sorry I’m late Jenny.”

His Uncle was what you called transgendered. Still Uncle Jack when in public because Jenny, Jenny would lose her job if she came out and with everyone here depending on her Jack still had to stick around.

Jack had a good job at a bank as an accounts person and he’d three kids through a pervious marriage and gained custody after they’d found out their mom was abusive and stuff. Jenny had a few boyfriends after that…well after his daughter had found her out and actually helped her other mom come out of her shell.

Jenny was a really good person, one of the best Andy had ever met. She got him and his sister back on track…had him tested and gotten him help fro a tutoring place and both him and his sister into therapy…and Uncle Jack got him into a local boxing club to help him some more when the therapy just didn’t cut it.

Jenny looked at him. “Oh shit what happened?”

“Hockey stick.”

“You were fighting?”

“Defending an old schoolmate but yeah.”

Jenny took the milk and put it in the fridge and took out the older one and poured him a mug of it and carried over the cooling rack of cookies. “Tell me what happened?”

Andy took a soft still warm peanut butter and cashew cookie with chocolate chunks and ate it.

Jack/Jenny…best Mom/Dad he ever had…there wasn’t any looks of anger or disappointment just sit with me and tell me.

He took a drink of milk and started in on what he’d seen going on and getting involved to the whole snowballing thing after all of that…and even the way he’d felt before back in middle school.

Friday night, Saturday morning they talked past dawn.

*Jessie…………

It was late when he had gotten to sleep with the party and the clean up and then the driving people home all coupled together with him coming home and Donnie’s room having been all set up by his parents.

He had a good idea that something like that was likely going to happen, they had sort of fostered of looked out for a lot of people with problems when they lived in South Africa and South America.

He saw that look in his Dad’s eyes when they had shown up when Donnie had to leave his dad’s place.

And Donnie kind of needed to talk or at least had some time to absorb what had happened and take it all in. So they spent another hour just talking and stuff while he and Donnie took the time to put up his posters and his things away.

It was a little sad and a little funny that he kept telling him it was him room and he could put up whatever he wanted on the walls and no one would judge. It was his room.

And even though he’d helped Donnie pack up his things leaving his Dad’s place he didn’t really get a look at things and he went and got Donnie one of his long boxes for him to put his comics into and they set things up on shelves. Metal and hard rock posters a really nice old vintage one of Bob Marley and they put up some more that he hadn’t put up at home like several of these really buff fitness models, snow boarders and skateboarders there was a lot of stuff there that even though Jessie didn’t know Donnie’s father that much he knew that he’d have frowned on. Way too many white and just not black faces or rather black enough faces.

He headed to bed with the feeling that there was a lot of stuff there with Donnie that he’d been keeping under wraps for just lack of a safe place to let it out and to vent.

A quick shower and he slipped into bed enjoying the feel of the soft sheets on his chest and thinking and dreaming of the good things that happened that night. Kissing Kenyon had been pretty high up on that list but the dancing and everyone having a good time and things being a shove into the faces of the hater’s well that was all good.

Morning even though he had planned it to be really early still came far too fast for him to like at all.

But he wanted to get stuff ready and done that much he actually resorted to using “The Monkey.”

It was one of those screechy monkeys with cymbals alarm clocks his dad gave him one year as a present and it was one of those things that was so annoying that you had to get up.

Jessie rolled over and gave it a swat on top of its head to shut it off wincing at the sudden awkward sideway turn and it making him squeeze pinch a breast. “Ow…You’d think having them this long I’d stop doing stuff like that.”

He rolled out of bed and went first and made coffee and he then washed him face and got into some old work clothes and call Kenyon’s phone.

It picked up on the first ring. “Morning Jess.” Oh, well that sounded nice, he said it with like this welcoming softness.

“Morning Kenyon.”

“Thank you.” Kenyon said with a smile in his voice.

“For?” He was curious.

“For not calling me Ken or Kenny.”

“Why are those bad?”

“No, but I just don’t care for them.”

“You…okay?” Something was off.

“Someone came by when we were all taking people around and tossed all the party garbage all over the yard….then pissed on it.”

“You’re folks okay?”

“Yeah fine.”

“Okay well it’ll be heard this evening no doubt….you’re up and ready?”

“Yeah and my dad lent us a bunch of things too from work.”

“That’s very cool, I’ll get Donnie and I’ll meet you there.”

“Sure I think Brian’s brining some stuff too.”

“Every bit will help.”

“I’ll see you there.”

“Definitely.”

He smiled and looked at his phone and shook his head. There was just this feeling he didn’t think that he’d get about talking with someone that you’re dating with or semi-sort of dating with that he hadn’t expected.

Well to be truthful that he hadn’t expected with a guy since he was pretty into girls or had been all of his life and yet he knew that as he was unless it went away which his doctors said happens but it wasn’t likely in his case he was looking at a sort of lesbian relationship.

But keeping an open mind to things had led to Jessie actually enjoying things that he hadn’t before.

He pocketed his phone and went down to Donnie’s room and knocked. Donnie opened the door. Jessie tilted his head. “No sleep at all?’

“No just too much going on in my head. What’s up?” he took the offered coffee and sipped and made a face. “Dude...that’s strong. Yasmine’s mom didn’t make it that strong.”

“Usually they don’t strong coffee is kind of a half myth like that.”

“Then what’s this?”

“Cuban.”

“I though that was in little cups.”

“So I over indulged. C’mon get into something you can wreck it’s going to be a chore day.”

“Already?”

“Oh well Dan and I kind of had this planned when we went to pick Honey up once.”

“Okay….” Donnie sort of agree-asked.

“It’s just her and her mom in a decent sized house so stuff that needs getting done doesn’t.”

“Gotcha what about everyone else?”

“Well we were sort of where going to ask and surprise people as we showed up to pick them up as long as we’re back here by lunch.”

“Then it’s us helping your dad right?”

“Right.”

“Okay…this; this is actually kind of cool.”

Donnie took his coffee and made faces each time he took a drink and got dressed and Jessie could see the reason’s why he had a hard time. Donnie wasn’t broad shouldered like guys tended to be and there was a definite flaring out of woman or girl like hips and he had not an over abundance of body hair either.

Jessie took a drink of his coffee. “Can I ask?”

Donnie was getting into knee length cut off army styled pants and stopped. “I’m intersexed.”

“They know this for certain?”

Donnie frowned. “No but I did enough research myself and some poking and prodding and things…I’m not totally certain but yeah I’m pretty sure. It’s why I look like this and sound like this.”

“You sound fine.”

“A little higher and I’d be a Jackson.”

“You should get checked out.”

“Yeah someday. Right now I don’t need anyone telling me that I’m a freak officially.”

Jess went over and hugged him and Donnie blushes. “Jess…”

Jessie grinned. “You needed a hug, I have boobs and therefore I have boob hug by proxy.”

Donnie looked at him. “What…?”

“C’mon let’s go get Daniel-san.”

Donnie grabbed an old oversized Anthrax t-shirt and did a. “Hai.” In a pretty good Mr. Miagi.

*Danny…………

His alarm went off and he jumped then groaned as his side ached. He’d been up all night and he’d been on Facebook watching The Alpha’s or some of them having a mini-freak he was also seeing that guys like Greg White who was the defacto leader of the holy roller white shirt and tie wearing skin head holy roller thugs was taking a massive shit in his pants over “the big gym fag” otherwise known as Kenyon…held a Gay day bash and the whole area was “creeping and crawling with more fags and lesba slags.” Than Sodom and Gomorra.

It was a pretty wild hate fest going on into the wee hours of the morning and there were even suggested threat that was saying that they were going to do stuff…

[There should’ve been a drive by and there’d bee three or four cleaner schools the next day.]

[It’d be a real shame if something happened…that pipe bomb shit just happens all the time.]

It was like that and more some of them were just really, really blatant about that stuff and didn’t have the clues to even hide who they were when they commented and had no clue that there were people that were looking on their pages and hopefully like him doing screen captures.

You can erase this stuff all you want but someone will still do like him and have it saved so when they pull shit and deny it they are the ones looking like the lying douchebags with something to hide.

Well they wouldn’t look like that if they weren’t lying douchebags with something to hide.

The school’s page was still down.

“Yeah…small shock there.”

But the rest of the night he’d been looking, hunting Andy up. If you knew where to look beyond Google you could sometimes find out a few things.

Like his older brother going to prison and Andy’s dad committing suicide.

And those facts sat in his head and swam around with the stuff that happened between them and how it had felt and stuff.

How confused he’d been and stuff.

How confused he is and stuff and it didn’t help that Lindsey was actually sort of good with the whole thing and actually sort of willing to help with the whole dress thing if he was serious.

Was he serious?

He turned off his alarm clock and went downstairs and his dad was already up and making the first pot of coffee to get going before he went to work.

“Morning Dad.” He yawned as he got a cup for himself.

“Morning how are you feeling?”

He looked at his dad questioningly.

He gestured with his coffee cup. “You’ve got some fine bruises there.”

Danny winched inside since he didn’t really want his folks to know he was in a fight. And that he’d forgot to wear a shirt downstairs.

“Sorry…I got jumped by some guys from school.”

“Really… Are these guys some of the ones that the meeting and stuff for the BBQ this afternoon is about?’

“Somewhat it was Keith Wilson and two of his buddies.”

Now his dad nodded but frowned. Keith had showed up and picked up where Andy had left only Keith was that guy that was the entitled asshole that still enjoyed being a bully and stuff. Not just all of that but it was still sort of a small neighborhood and The Wilson kids were all hell raisers and little assholes.

“What happened to your friends?”

“It’s not like that dad they dropped Lindsey and I off and we wanted to talk as I walked her home.”

“Oh… well sort of a different story. Three on one though you were lucky.”

“I was I ran into some help from another friend.”

“Oh do I know them yet?”

“Andy Parsons.”

“The bully from your old school?”

“Yeah, he’s changed and stuff.”

“You sure?”

“Yes dad, I’m sure and there was a lot going on with him at home no one knew back then.”

“Okay…usually is actually but good. Just take it easy okay Danny, those ribs look tender.”

“Sure thing dad.”

They looked up as three cars pulled up to their lane and Danny grinned as Jessie and Donnie, Kenyon and Brain all got out of their cars and brought stuff with them.

Dan’s father looked at him. “Danny…? What in blazes is going on?”

“Co-op chores dad.”

“Pardon?”

“We were going to do this bit of work over at our friend Honey’s place because it’s only her and her mom after her dad passed away and then it was like Jessie saying with this many hands why don’t we do all the stuff the others places need doing and then we can all keep doing it until things are done.”

Danny’s dad looked at him and took a long slow drink of his coffee. “About time you got some friends other that the basement kids. I approve…and while you’re at it go get those flowers out of the sunroom your mother wanted planted.”

“Yes dad.”

He went out and talked to the guys and they went and got the plants that his mom always bout at the grocery store but usually never got planted and Danny’s dad came out to show them where they were to go and a few other things like trimming some of the bushes back and other things and Jessie was already cutting the sod for planting them as Brian was firing up the mower and Kenyon was hooking up a pressure washer.

It took all together maybe forty minutes to get everything trimmed and mowed and the flowers in and the siding and deck for the house pressure washed and everything. Kenyon had even soaped and blasted clean the garbage cans and the driveway. It was all raked and things were all neatly put away.

His mom had gotten up to watch the last bit of things getting done and Danny was sure that he’d never seen such close to open approval on his dad’s face before he left for work.

They had a coffee together with his mom who had made them all some toast with her home made jam on it and they all thanked her.

“Mrs. Reilly if there’s still some things that you need doing just put them on a list okay?” Jessie offered.

Kenyon nodded. “Even rugs and carpets, my dad has a big industrial steam cleaner vacc that I can borrow anytime.”

Danny rolled his eyes but at the same time it was very cool just how much got done and so fast and his folks would be happy about this for a long time. And the manners…all of then used sir and ma’am and please and thank you and took off their shoes before coming in and washed up too before eating.

It wasn’t big things but he knew that these things mattered a lot to his folks.

Okay his gamer friends were still awesome and stuff too but it was a definite change in things.

He grabbed his things and he hopped in the car with Jessie and Donnie and they took off together.

He never quite had a morning that had started like this before.

*Nick............

He’d been up all night and busy with the hate elements of the stuff online. He had gotten home to check things out and he’d seen the start of it and it was just post after hate post and not just the guys that’d hate everything like what the party had been like Greg White but the way too aggressive gun nut Shaw Lawson and his crew who were all Second amendment in the worst possible way and that anything democrat was a fascist commie traitor…and that included all faggots.

Shaw was that guy you were pretty sure was making something explosive somewhere.

And even then it wasn’t all since this had been that first big party of the year there was lots of buzz going about it that was really, really good. People had been really, really impressed by the whole thing and this drove Britney nuts.

And her little clique and followers too insane and frothing and laid a lot of the hate at Jessie and Johnny the twin trannies of their school.

And Britney was having a meltdown along with Courtney about Selina coming back at this party. There was a lot, a lot of… “That fucking dyke planned this!”

One nod in the positive and was really really suspicious was Bradley Tower and Heather Sweet posting.

“We just think that it’s absolutely like great that our generation and a student from our high school had thrown the first bash of the year and the best LGBTQI event that we’ve seen like ever.”

That was obviously Heather and then there was Brad’s.

“I’m sorry that we completely missed out on a great party and a chance to show our support behind all the students of our school. Okay now that the student council blurb’s done seriously nice work Kenyon McLean and company bravo guys and girls can’t wait to actually get to the next one.”

He didn’t trust the Emperor and Empress of the Sith one little bit and yet as comb as much as he did through what he could access they were clean. Heather was a bit bitchy and vapid but still clean.

It still never stopped him from doing screen captures and saving them and re=posting them and e-mailing them through his dummy accounts to student council, the principal, guidance officer, school security and a lot of the offices that he and Jessie had used in their e-mail list with a “Concerning Cyber-Bullying and Threats.”

It’d be a nice surprise too when it came through to all of these places with all the trash talk and threats and hate speech.

Oh it might not do too much but it was more of them chipping away at the establishment.

He looked up at his screen with Jessie texting that he’d be over.

He left his room getting a few things together to take with him and stuffed his things some extra batteries and chargers and extension cords into his shoulder bag and went out to meet everyone.

He left a note and an e-mail telling his folks where they’d be and what they were borrowing from the garage.

His dad had it all; he was one of those guys with every gadget and tool and golf toy and no idea how to use most of them. Besides his family had yard care workers that did all of that.

It was a good thing Brian and Kenyon knew their way around tools and knew what to bring like hedge trimmers and sanders? And some sort of peeler thing that steamed?

Heck he was actually learning things that he never thought he’d learn in like wood shop.

They went and picked up Sam next since he was closest and that was strange…none of Sam’s family was deaf and they all signed and finger spelled and they were all up by the time that they had got there and making Sam’s siblings help and Sam’s dad had knowing they were going to be doing this from Sam had bought some lumber and while some of them were doing the lawns and things others were putting on a redone back deck for Mrs. Hall and much to her glory a clothes line she’d only been waiting for two years to get up and with the extra hands of the siblings and Mr. Hall they even mowed the lawns of three elderly neighbors and Jessie and Nick actually took a bit of spare two by fours and some screws and fixed one of the step railings for this little old lady in a house coat that watched them the whole time.

Nick got the look too.

Old, arthritic, alone a shut in. He was sort of a shut in too….he signed to Jessie or well mostly finger spelled but Jessie knew that too. So when she offered then a twenty Jessie took her hand and folded it back over on her bill.

“No need to pay us for anything ma’am. We’re friends of Sam’s and just helping out.”

She smiled and Jessie did too. “Listen if you have other stuff that needs doing like this then just let Sam’s folks know and we’ll try and come over and do what needs doing okay?’

She nodded but shyly and closed the door with a bit of a smile and they left heading back over to meat with everyone else. “J..Jess…She won’t ask…ww..will she?”

“She might Nick, it might take some time but she might.”

He looked at everyone. “W..w..we could do this more often…so many people together…”

Jessie nodded. “Once a week or every two weeks we could and we’re kind of carpooling and when we’re not doing stuff for our families we can help out people like this and things.”

Nick smiled. “Not too hard tt..too…we’d be dd..done before evening so we’d still have Saturday nights…”

“We’ll have to talk it over at the BBQ but I’m game.”

Sam’s father donated all the extra lumber and stuff afterwards especially since Jessie and Danny said how much Honey’s front porch needed a redo.

They went and headed to pick Johnny up and Sam’s dad sent his two younger siblings with them since they were going to meet all up eventually at Jessie’s place anyways.

Nick grinned at. “The go and learn something from kids that aren’t hooligans like you two.”

*Johnny…………

It had been a great night, a really, great night all except for one thing.

The assholes who turfed stuff all over Kenyon’s front yard and stuff. Kenyon and his dad and were less than pleased when they had found out. It was very upsetting and uncool since Kenyon’s folks were really cool and nice people.

They just wouldn’t leave people alone would they?

Even despite hearing about that from Brian it still was a really, really good night and it was even better when she could tell her dad about dancing and stuff and she dished with her mom over the phone during her breaks.

Eventually though before ending her last call with her mom.

“Mum?’

“Yes honey?’

“Get it filled.”

“Are you sure honey?”

“Yeah, it’s not like last time…this time, this time I’m not alone.”

“I’ll have them when I get home in the morning.”

She had went to bed late but that was more because of dishing with her mom and taking a long girly soak more that anything else and she woke to the sounds of lawnmowers.

She dressed in her guy clothes but still carefully glued her forms on and put her bra on over that and her panties too and girl deodorant and a spritz of perfume but the guy clothes. Well they were going to do yard work and stuff so she really didn’t care if they got stained and stuff.

He mom and dad were up and she kissed them both and her mom took her aside and gave her a few pills.

“Mom?” She was a little confused.

“They said these to start today and then the day after we start you on the patch. Doc Graves said she want’s you do get blood work on Wednesday to see where things are effecting you and to chart things.”

“Okay! Really these are them!”

“Yes honey these are them.”

Johnny popped the tablets and she smiled then she hugged her mom tightly. “Thanks Mommy.” (Sniffle.)

They both sniffled and had a little mini-cry and then they got fixed up and Johnny headed out to help with things and…they yard was mowed and the green strip between the sidewalk and the road, the place was whipper snippered and raked and the fence and even the house was getting a wash with Brian and Kenyon using two long poles with a hose meets spinning brush head.

There were even two kids, well Tweenagers washing her parent’s cars.

She walked over to Brian. “Hey…this is way more than I thought…what can I do?”

He grinned at her. “What else needs doing? We still have to go to Lindsey’s and Yasmine’s house and then Honey’s but after that we’re kind of done.”

“Uhm…wow…okay I’ll ask.”

She went in and asked her dad who kind of looked like he was thinking it over. It was her mom who said. “If those guys of your’s can muscle it they can take all that stuff I’ve been wanting your dad to toss out of the garage.”

Her dad squawked. “I was going to do that I just wanted to go through it one more time before it was haul away day.”

Johnny blushed. “Mom! It’s not like that they’re not my guys!”

“You’ve kissed how many of them?”

“Uhm…”

“Dated one, going out tonight with another and you’re friends with the rest…face it honey you have guys.”

Her Dad peered out the window at all of them. “And they better know their place around my little girl too.”

“Daddy!”

He chuckled and he headed out and she went completely red as he heard him call out. “Daniel, Brian come with me to the garage!”

She covered her face with her hands and she looked at her mom.

Her mom smiled. “Let him okay, he’s actually been looking forward to this stuff since you decided.”

She looked at her mom and nodded. “I should get everyone some drinks.”

“Good idea, I’ll help.”

By the time they had the drinks ready Brian had his car backed up and the guys were loading all the stuff her dad had sort of been saving for whatever reason into Brian’s car including some of the stuff that her dad had saved from the coffee house. Some of that was going into Kenyon’s car and her mom went over to console her dad over his losses while at the same time celebrating the new cleaner garage and all that space they’d been missing forever.

She looked at Jessie as she passed him a Kool-ade â„¢ with ice crushed to snow with their Magic-Bullet â„¢. “I feel bad not helping out more.”

He sipped-ate the drink cone. “This is good, I missed shaved ice. Don’t worry about it we’ll have some stuff to do at the other places too.”

She nodded as she watched Brain working, watching the way that his muscles moved. “Okay and I can help out with the food and stuff at your place.”

“You don’t have to y’know.”

“I want too besides it’s something I like to do no matter how cliché and girly it might be.”

“Hey as long as you’re happy doing it Johnny it’s okay with me.”

“You thinking about tonight with Kenyon?”

“Nope…actually I’m kind of nervous. I mean I sort of know what a guy and a girl are supposed to do during dates and everything but for me and him?”

Johnny leaned on him in a semi-hug. “I think a date’s a date and the whole gender and sexuality stuff isn’t that big a thing I mean dancing some place or movies it’s all I guess how you look at it though there’s a good chance that you’re going to run into trouble…Danny and I did.”

“Yeah…so…you and Brian want to double?”

“I’ll ask him I have no idea what he’s got planned either.”

“Okay…I’ll go and talk to Kenyon.”

They hugged again and she made her way to Brian as he was heading to get into his car.

“Hey, can I come?”

“Sure I’m not going far though.”

“That’s okay. I just wanted to ask you something?”

“Is it an uh-oh something?”

“No…why do guys always think that?”

“Because we have no idea how the female brain works and we just figure at the first best guess is that we muffed something up.”

“I’m a while yet from having a muff.”

“Johnny!” She smiled as he blushed.

She chuckled and gave him a pixie smile before getting into his car, Brian drove only a few blocks down to where there as an alley that had a dumpster for some older building and he got out and he stared unloading the stuff that was in the garage that would have had to wait for one of the haul away days.

Johnny got out and she helped him by getting some of the things from the back seat that was loaded with garbage bags and boxes.

“So…Jessie was wondering if it’d be cool if the four of us went out on a double date?”

Brian stopped and looked at her. “Honestly?”

She tilted her head. “Yeah of course.”

“I think that’s a good idea actually.” And he blushed.

“Really? A good idea?”

“I’m actually kind of nervous Johnny; this is all undiscovered country here for me.”

“I’m undiscovered country?”

He blushed again. “Yes, as much as you’re one of the most awesome girls I’ve met in a long while you’re also a transgirl.”

She bit her lip. “Okay…is that going to be a problem?”

“No…no..I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just I’m just nervous. I don’t want to screw stuff up.”

“Oh…I thought…” She looked at him and he leaned on the car.

“Johnny, I’m serious it’s not the social stuff I really don’t care about that it’s the fact that I’ve never really dated anyone except for Brit since like grade seven.”

Johnny made a face. “Okay, eeew…” she smiled at him. “Honestly I’m nervous too.”

“You are?”

“Uhm Hello Mc Fly like you said I’m a t-girl. I kinda have a lot to be nervous about.”

She tilted her head again at the big smile on his face.

“What?”

“We just talked. We just said that we were nervous and things didn’t have to be just so and you didn’t tell me to grow a pair.”

Johnny grinned and cupped her bra and her silicone inserts. “Actually I just started going on hormones today. I might have some real ones in awhile.”

“What?...Really?”

Johnny giggled at his reaction and covered her mouth. “Yes just today why?”

“You look like you’ve been on them a long time now.”

She chestured again. “Sorry Bry they’re glue ons.”

“Pfft I knew that, no it’s that you’re so…pretty.”

She blushed and her eyes widened at that. “Brian…No…it’s clothes and make up.”

“I dated Brit I know what clothes and make up can do, trust me early morning Britney isn’t seen at school Britney.”

She still blushed and had her hand over her face and she couldn’t help but to keep smiling, every time she reached for a box or a bag it just kept creeping onto her face.

They made quick work of their load and just walked up to where Jessie was pulling up with his load of junk in the car and all four of them tossed things out.

Johnny smiled at “Her guys” as her mom had put it. “So what’s next?’

Jessie yawned. “Coffee and then we go and pick up Lindsey and Yasmine and head over to Honey’s place last.”

They went back to Johnny’s so she could get cleaned up a bit and into new ruinable clothes and to pack away some outfits before they headed off.

*Lindsey…………

She woke up after Johnny had called her when the crew was at her house and she had to take a pee after two cans of Diet Pepsi while talking with Danny. “Always the way…” she rubbed at her eyelids and made her way to the bathroom and did her thing before crawling into the shower.

She bit down on the eeep of cold water before she got used to it and made sure she had her head wet before she turned the heat on.

She actually liked the little bit of the chilling her skin before the heat started and she soaked it up it just seemed to make the shower better.

She was getting into some clothes that were okay to get wrecked for the thing with everyone and she went with a heavy t-shirt and a pair her dad’s old really old from when he was a kid GWG and she could wear them more than her sisters could since she had a lot less hip then them and she liked then because they were that old tough denim and it felt because her legs were so thin that they were extra comfortable.

She did her hair up in a long single braid and grabbed her painter’s hat she used for chores and stuff and she went and got her work boots. Now she had those from helping him out when he was home and sometimes she’d go with him to the depot and help him do stuff with the truck so she needed something with a steel toe and he bought her a paint of these actually cute sort of sneaker like ankle work boots and she went and made herself a slice of raisin bread toast with some cream cheese and a microwaved cup of instant coffee.

She liked just plain cream cheese on her raisin bread toast, better for you than butter and the toast to her was usually sweet enough. She cleaned her cup and headed outside as the guys were all pulling up and she made her way to Jessie’s car.

“So off to get Yasmine?”

Jessie looked at her. “We could do something to help out here Lindsey.”

She shrugged. “Apartment life guys not everyone lives in a house.”

Jessie nodded and she got in the back with Donnie. “Just let us know okay we’re thinking of doing this as a sort of group thing every once in awhile.”

She nodded. “I’ll put it in mom and dad’s ear they should know what we might be able to do without like making the super or the landlord take a conniption fit.”

Danny looked back. “Back landlord and super?”

“No, but they’re those types that don’t want the tenants to fix stuff because it might be done too bad or worse too good.”

“Too good?” Jessie asked pulling out.

“Yeah you do too good and the other tenants will want to do the same or will want them to fix it up the same and if you end up doing too much work the property taxes go up.”

“And they put the rents up.”

Lindsey nodded. “Unless you’re in a rent control and then they can’t unless there like a clause in there that fixing stuff will violate the lease.”

Danny half turned around. “You know a lot about this stuff.”

She smiled at him. “I actually did some secretarial work for one of my neighbors and he was one of those lawyers that took on small stuff like that for cheap. I did a whole lot of research for him too sometimes.”

Jessie smiled. “That’ll come in handy but he paid you? Is he allowed to do that?”

“Sure as long as I was part time only I counted as a student worker and stuff. The whole paralegal thing is great but it just really ensures that you have the credentials to get paid like big money. I mostly did it as something to do and to sort of get away from my sisters when they were being all like hyper-girly.”

Danny grinned at her. “That bad?”

Lindsey smiled. “No, not that bad at all really but it’s just not me so the two of them and mom it was like random bursts of chic rock and dance music with clouds of smelly stuff and giggling and laughing girl chatter that just…I needed to get out to just get some breathing room. Watching TV together and not liking the show they’re watching because the characters are stupid is bad enough it’s worse when they start crying and I’m all WTF and don’t have a clue why.”

Danny nodded. “Donnie switch with me.”

There was and shift of bodies as they just climbed over the seats without getting Jessie to stop and pull over and they got settled back in and Danny leaned on Lindsey with a grin.

“Look I promise if I do…do the dress thing I won’t squee and I won’t get all super girlie perfumed up okay?”

“That…that would actually be nice. I’ve been thinking about the whole lesbian thing and me and it’s not that they’re girls it’s the fact that the butch ones come on way too strong and the femmy ones are pushing that side too it’s like none of them are actually being themselves without the extra whatever label they think they have to have and me too.”

Danny looked up at her from where he was leaning. “So you like girls?”

“Fuck if I know what I like Danny but I’m figuring out what I don’t like.”

Jessie grinned. “That’s actually likely better than a lot of us Lindsey.”

She grinned and leaned on Danny but looked at the others too. “Thanks guys, I mean it I feel a lot less like some freak and stuff since everything…I actually don’t feel like fading away in the background.”

The guys nodded and Donnie took out his phone and dialed up Yasmine.

*Yasmine…………

Even as late as she had gotten to bed she had barely slept with just absolutely so much having happened for the week and with things tonight…last night.

She’d never really been to that kind of a party in her life and no one gave her the kind of grief that she was scared of getting or said stuff that was nasty or bigoted instead she found people there just…nice and as much as she really wasn’t going to judge people there they weren’t judging her either and they even…they made room for her and made food for her and they were so decent and welcoming and then there was Donnie.

He’d helped Jessie defend her at school and he was nice and gallant even but he was both shy and sweet to her and she had gotten to sort of be strong to him and then there had just been them talking and then there was the dancing.

She’d gotten to dance like she had always read about and seen things in movies or TV and she spent most of the night in bed replaying the night and the party over and over in her head and hugging her pillow like she always wished that she had a reason to that made her smile instead of hurting or crying.

Morning came sooner than she thought and before dawn came her alarm went off and she got up an washed and said a few prayers before getting into her running things and grabbed her I-pod and headed out for her early run.

Nancy Ajram, Diana Karazon, were some of her faves on there and she let them sing as she set her feet to eating up the road running with the rhythm of the song rather than the beat and she smiled as she was enjoying things a little more this morning and she felt her father there with her and remembered him listening to her trying to sing to him some of the older pop tunes to him in English though they did translate well to English in that same way that Japanese songs did.

It was still one of the fun things that they used to do together.

He’d like her new friends; he’d like what they were doing too.

It was like this way they were fighting and showing people his America.

Just thinking about that really made her run all the harder and feel that more free and happy and she had a big smile on her face when she made her way up her street and back into her house where her mother was already up and she could smell all these scents and smells just starting to form in their kitchen as he mother was getting ready to bring things with them to the BBQ that would be some of the parents gathering.

“Morning mom!”

“Good morning you’re certainly in good spirits today?’

She stopped at the stairs. “Yeah…I…I think I might, I might be finally might be getting my feet under me y’know?’

“I think I do honey and I’m glad. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that smile Yasmine.”

“Me too…it just feels different this time.”

“I really hope so honey I’ve found the friends you’ve made leaving me hopeful.”

“Thanks mom, I’ll be down to help shortly okay?”

“Take your time honey, the food can wait.”

Yasmine actually smiled as she ran up the stairs and took a shower and then worked took to her prayers after she was done and headed to her room to get changed. A light thin cotton sweater and an older t-shirt over that and one of her favorite skirts and her stretchy flats and took a little extra time with her hair and settled her hijab in place she liked this one because it actually matched her skirt and made her feel a little more put together and with the tee-shirt and thin sweater she felt actually her age for once and that she was still keeping her self respect too.

She went downstairs to help and her phone rand and she answered it a bit surprised. She wasn’t expecting a call…it was still one of those things that she had because it made her mother feel better about being able to get a hold of her and for her to have something to dial 911 with but she still hadn’t been expecting a call outside of her family.

“Hello?” she asked a bit shy she didn’t recognized the number of the caller.

“Good morning you’re up?” It was Donnie!

“Uhm…good morning I’ve been up for a few hours actually.”

“Really? You must not have gotten much sleep.”

“Enough, I’ll survive.”

“I was up all night myself, just too much going on to sleep and some of it really, really made up for the bad stuff.”

“Really? That’s good….” She bit her lower lip and leaned on the wall in the downstairs hallway.

“It really, really was…thank you Yasmine. You made things a lot better.”

“I..I did?” Oh…oh that was such a good feeling she swore the words sank right into her but also at the same time they were so…she could feel the heat in her face.

“Yes, you definitely did.”

Yasmine smiled and kept up her blush but sort of held herself one armed and happy rocked on the wall.

“Thanks Donnie.” She said softly into the phone and she was kind of picturing his eyes too like she was talking to him.

“You’re thanking me, I just helped out with my hoody.”

“No…it was more than that, you’ve been more than that okay…just thank you.”

“Okay…You’re welcome and well maybe we…maybe we can do something together sometime?”

“Oh….” Her breath caught in her throat. Was he asking her out?

There were voices around him and some shouting and then she heard car engines and saw them pulling up outside with Kenyon’s car to follow and then Brian’s.

“Donnie…what’s going on?’

“Uhm…Jessie and Dan came up with this idea from the last time we went and got Honey and that her place is kind of needing some serious TLC and with it just her and her mom that we’d head out early and do some work there.”

“That’s…that actually so sounds like you guys.” She smiled…it was true but it was also them being young men…real and respectful young men and doing something charitable and honnorable too…and while she’d been thinking of her dad it was so very much that whole neighbor helping neighbor thing that he said that he had grown up with.

She really, really liked that Donnie was turning out to be one of those guys.

She could hear him telling them to behave and got back on the line. “Well as we picked people up we kind of went ahead and did the same thing at each place and we came her to see if you and you’re mom needed anything done…” He stopped talking a second.

“I’ll ask my…” she looked out and Jessie was already talking to her mother and they even did this hand shake and kiss to the cheek thing as he gave her mother a respectful nod.

“I think they beat us too it.” They both said together at the same time.

“Jinx!” Again at the same time!

She couldn’t help it but to laugh over the phone as it bubbled out. Something like that was just like one of those things she read about and was so sure wouldn’t have ever happened but it did happen and it was actually really cool.

“I like your laugh.”

Oh…oh that had come right out of the blue and made her breath catch.

“T..thanks…I don’t think I’ve ever laughed over the phone before. I…I’ve always thought it was a little off to me.”

“No it’s cool it’s real, not like the way some of the alpha girls do that fake giggling.”

She burst out laughing again as she heard Lindsey. “Yeah how in the heck do they do that? How do you fake a laugh, I tell you it’s not normal it’s like just weird.”

“That’s an awesome laugh Yasmine.” Donnie said as she stepped out to greet her friends onto the porch. He was getting out of the car and he was dressed not all skater but just sort of normal but with a sort of rock edge and at the same time looked like he’d been working already.

“I sound like a female version of Goofy.”

“Well, Goofy absolutely rocks y’know.” He actually turned off his phone and smiled up at her from where he had walked up to see her and she tried but just couldn’t keep from blushing.

“Morning Donnie…” She managed to get out before biting her lip and he smiled and ducked his head a little too.

“It is now.” And he looked at her with those eyes.

And that started this almost super blush that she was rescued from it by Lindsey and Johnny coming into the house with her mother and Lindsey going. “Work now flirt later you two!”

She squawked and she realized she made such a freaked girly sound right in front of him and she covered her face as Johnny took het by the shoulders and led her inside the house.

“C’mon let’s let the guys do their thing and we can do things here to get ready for the party.”

Lindsey snorted. “Guys are always doing their own things.”

Yasmine squealed. “Lindsey!”

Her mother broke into laughter.

“Mother!”

Johnny and Lindsey laughed and her mother did some more and she joined in but was still blushing as for the first time in a long time her family’s kitchen was filled with women.

She couldn’t get over the way that her friends we’re actually excited and learning how to cook and do things from her and her mom. Well Johnny more than Lindsey though once it came to actually making some flatbread she definitely perked up at that and she smiled as Johnny was so into all of it and had a mini ‘That’s so cool’ moment as her mother made the bread actually on the stove but made the cooking surface by using their wok ring and setting one of those pizza stones that most people used in their oven to make the bread.

It was a lot of fun especially Lindsey who did tend to be more into eating the things that they were making and was very vocal on the difference between homemade hummus and babaganuche and that some of the condiments were so different but normal at the same time….red wine vinegar with oregano and roasted garlic all buzzed up and used as a sort of sauce for just about everything back home and a mint sauce with yogurt and cilantro and fried onions cut super thin and dusted with corn starch to make them crisp right up and they were just starting on making tabouli and some thinks for kebabs when Honey came in smiling and just beaming but also in tears with her mother.

Then there were handshakes and hugs and introductions going around and she saw her mother smile when Honey’s mom said about the pizza stone trick. “Oh that’d so work for tortillas!”

And their house was full with women even more.

She went to the window and waved at Jessie and Donnie as they drove off. All the others were gone too but their yard looked great. Their lawn was done and everything was neat and trimmed and there was a line of flowers up the lane to the house and the short chain link fence that was part of their yard had things mounted on it like some of those cheap decorative wooden butterflies she knew they had in the basement and the planter boxes were set up and there were flowers in those and she could smell fresh paint and there was so much done like her mom’s wind chime on the porch and the porch swing that was something they wanted to get fixed and put up was fixed and up and she smiled as her mon hugged her looking out.

“You have some really amazing friends.”

“I know…mom this is so much…where did they get the flowers?”

“I gave Jessie some money while asking him to do the things they have done for us.”

“Oh…you just asked him to…”

“No he and the boys were very nice and they asked me if they could do anything for us and its okay for us to let the guys be guys and do nice things for us.”

“I know but home it’s different it’s expected sort of.”

Her mother smiled and she looked out at the corner of the porch where they had even set up their flag and the American flag was flying there. “Your friend Jessie said that it should still be expected here too.”

Yasmine hugged her mother and leaned on her. “I was just sort of thinking about that and daddy too. It’s what he fought for isn’t it?”

“It’s what he wanted to. It’s part of why we worked, he believed in this Yaz, he thought that there would be kids like you guys some day and that all the differences would only really mean one thing here.”

“What’s was that mum…?”

“That we were all created equal and actually live that way.”

They were soon joined just looking at everything by the other women and sort of all just leaned there together in a sort of mixture of leaning on each other hugs.

*Honey............

She had no idea that her morning was going to be anything but peacefulness and her relaxing and trying to sleep in.

She needed to sleep in they were likely going to be busy and things with the BBQ and everything so she was just trying to get some sleep when she had definitely been shorted on sleep.

She had a very hard time getting Selena out of her head.

Honey was pretty sure she wasn’t a lesbian, she liked boys, well the ones that weren’t jerks to her that is ad she had had crushes before but this died blonde asian girl with that amazing voice and kind manner just.

Got stuck in her head.

Gave her zip feelings.

She’d never had a sex dream before and when she had gotten to sleep she actually dreamt of a lo of different things but one part was this sort of college place and Selena was there singing to her, o a little stage but singing to her.

She’d woke feeling a bit flushed and maybe a bit…Her nipples were very hard. Okay that actually didn’t take too much with her breasts to get that way and while she wasn’t sure she was still sort of very much Oh… over all of it.

She had no cue if that was a gay for her dream.

She’d spent too long in and out of sleep trying to decide if it was would be a good thing.

So when she heard a lawnmower that wasn’t theirs turn over outside it definitely woke her up and she came downstairs bumping into her equally bleary eyed mom and they went to the door to see Jessie, Danny, Sam, Nick, Donnie, Brian and some others there doing things, doing yard work.

Jessie came over with a tray and some coffees on it. “Good morning.”

“Morning…Jess, what’s this?”

“Being friends.”

Her mom looked at him and what they were doing. “You…you kids, you don’t have to do this…” she looked in shock.

Jessie just smiled and shrugged. “Honey’s our friend it’s coo if we lend a hand or ten right?”

Her Mom nodded. “I…Thank you…why though?”

“You needed it done between work and school and travel yeah some things always come first and because we can.”

“I try but it’s just so hard making the time.”

Jessie smiled and hugged them both. “It’s not a big deal ladies, it’s what friends and neighbors do.”

Honey hugged him hard. “We’re not neighbors but thank you!”

“But we are friends.” He smiled at her.

Oh…this close…and Jessie being Jessie…she was so tempted to kiss him, even with the boobs Jessie was clean and dark and handsome. She blushed at the thought and he gave her this semi shy smile.

“How about you two show us some of the stuff Danny and I mi8ght have missed and then I drive you over to Yasmine’s place and you two can give the others a hand with BBQ stuff for the gathering over at my place?”

It took maybe five or ten minutes to get things ready and…okay a half an hour but they packed a couple of baskets with food things they were now going to cook for the party too out of the blue and they got some outfits together too.

Her mom was beaming and holding her hand in the back seat as they pulled out and saw so much being done…things that just hadn’t been able to get done since her daddy died.

She swore this was a hero sending her and her mom heroes to help and take care of them.

They actually got the sniffles seeing what they did with Yasmine’s house…and when they went in it smelled so good and her friends were here and…ending up on Yasmine’s porch all together and just…

She closed her eyes and smiled. Just pulling things into her like she was feeding her spirit and she heard a car and a door close and she looked up to see Selena getting out of Brian’s car and him pulling off to go help the others.

She couldn’t help but get dry mouth and felt so nervous but wobbley sort of Yay in just seeing her.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

wobbley sort of Yay

Elsbeth's picture

Great story as always, looking forward to the 'meeting'. Nice to find another chapter up, makes the Monday a bit better.

*hugs*

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

There was a lot that I did want to cover here.

It was needed though to get the story flow going and the feel for the kids and the stuff for them and the party plus some of the set up for the feel of the bads.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a proud big brother.

Bailey Summers

lot of stuff in this one

but theres no doubt, Honey is sparking big time with Selena.
what can you say, even with the jerks at the beginning this was a great chapter, thanks

Honey's getting that sometimes when you get into someone...

it's not the obvious things sometimes. It can be just a smile or a laugh or even just something they've said...or sung.

The jerks are needed and I like their POV's since it's like seeing them doing their thing on a TV show.

*Hugs and Hows*

Bailey Summers

Here's to hoping

Extravagance's picture

that Johnny can get her "muff" in the near future, rather than the distant future. = )
*Raises a shot of Sake* ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

re:squires

always glad to see a new chapter of squires. a great story written by a great writer. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

TY RJ it means a lot.

I hope you'll continue to keep reading and enjoying this one.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

The way it's supposed to be.

D. Eden's picture

I really loved this chapter. Everything, from learning more about Andy and his family, to seeing Jessie and the rest of the group helping everyone's families. Yasmine's mom said it - that this is the way it's supposed to be. That we were all created equal and actually live that way. That's the ideal that the US is supposed to stand for, and that's why I served.

It's too bad that there are so many people out there that just don't get it.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

It is the way it's supposed to be Da11asF :)

And Jessie and the others are trying to and seeing that even in a nation that this should be the default setting that they're going to have to fight to see it come around and keep it that way.

*Great Big Hugs*
And thank you for serving.

Bailey Summers

Thats what friends and neighbors do

Awesome antidote to the haters. The opposite of hate is kindness and to spread this kindness out in such a visual and open manner is the best way to fight the ignorance of being closed and violent.

Great chapter and some real food for thought about how we can turn things around in a positive way. This is truly a great way to fight darkness with light.

Huggles
I am fixen to misbehave like this.
Michele
,

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

I was at a BBQ this summer....

and we have a lot of immigrant kids here going to university. It was one of those front of the building just show up BBQ's and three arab kids joined us and even though they were Muslim kids they brought beers and regular hot dogs for the others at the party.
We still had enough for them as they couldn't have alcohol or pork but the point was we all came together, they did stuff for us and we for them and it was a great time.
And for me it was watching another generation that'd rather just laugh, talk and get along. We can do this.
It's worth doing.

*Great Big Angel Hugs*
For the Miss-behaving faerie.

Bailey Summers

Wow!

So much is going on in such a short space of time - the friendships between the Squires (which, for now at least, appear to have plateaued in numbers) are consolidating and deepening - in several cases awakening new or previously dormant feelings regarding gender and sexuality. Not to mention the new weekend handyperson club sprucing up each other's properties (although in the case of Lindsey's apartment block, chores and routine maintenance to arrest degredation will probably be more the order rather than sprucing it up).

Meanwhile, the alphas are being sneaky: publicly announcing their support for the Squires (in order to maintain their standing in the eyes of the Powers That Be) while privately using dummy accounts to spread FUD in sites frequented by the haters. However, even with the vitriol being whipped up by the haters, given the lethargy of the school it would probably take an arson attack combined with the weight of online discussion to prompt them into beefing up out of hours security (e.g. strong metal boundary fences with lockable gates as well as cameras). The real value of the screenprints of the haters' online discussion is if (a) they do something stupid like arson, and then (b) brag about it in their online communities. While not enough to secure a conviction on its own, it could be enough to motivate the local police to pay them a visit before they've had time to wash their clothes (which would likely contain traces of accelerant, thus tying them directly to the attack).


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Do good, stay together, fight smartly.

Jessie took things with Danny as a clear warning even though Keith intended it to be more. Jessie's condition and friendship with Johnny is relaxing the things with the other kids so they think about stuff more...are safe to think about stuff more that a lot of others bottle up.

All the screen captures will be used as evidence or at east point to motives while Nick will put the douchebaggery up on his site for people to see and send them around to various other interests like LGBT friendly sites, the school, school board and people like PFLAG.

And Yes Heather and Bradley are a very different kettle of fish compared to the others.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I'm sensing a conspiracy here Bailey. ....

It seems every chapter I read leaves me all happy and teary eyed. I'm thinking this was your plan all along Ms.Summers, eliciting happy tears from your fans. Wonderful chapter hon, keep'em comin'. (Hugs) Taarpa

Character Moments

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

As others have said, a lot going on this chapter but what really made it for me was the character moments. Obviously, I'm still shipping Johnny-Brian big time but I'm really looking forward to the 'Night of the Dates' for the others just as much.

Great to see this story continue to develop Bailey. I think we've finally been shown the hand of two of the major players in the Alpha Royals opposing our squires this chapter.

*hugs*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

That's one of the strengths of this I think.

Is the way that the story flow encourages character growth. I'm looking forward to likely a hundred moments to come in my head.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

The Alphas are NOT happy campers...!

Ole Ulfson's picture

"freaks and faggots and dykes", Oh,my! Oh no, my precious; not happy at all! And each little subspecies of subhuman bigot is cooking up its own brand of trouble.

In the mean time the decent kids are out in the community doing good. How dare they!

Great story, great characters, great plotting!

Hope I don't go into withdrawal before the next chapter,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Mixed feelings...

This story gives me such mixed feelings. I really enjoy the social revolution parts, however, the relationship parts quickly lose my interest. I guess it's because thus far, it's been mostly m/m stuff, which is difficult for me to relate to, but even the Johnny/Brian situation is kinda falling flat for me. I was kinda hoping for some t-girl/girl relationships (like maybe Dani/Lindsey or Fem-Jess/Honey--or maybe Selena...or heck Fem-Jess, Selena, AND Honey XD), but an inordinate amount of focus seems to be placed on the m/m 'ships.

Honestly, I'd have quit reading by this point it it wasn't for the fun "tilting" stuff. Gonna stick with it for that. Just wish the grammar was better so I didn't have to spend so much time interpreting what a sentence is trying to say.

Instigator

Jamie Lee's picture

Because they can. What they said as they did needed work for friends and neighbor. And how nicely Jessie treated the older shut in woman when he fixed the railing. He even refused the payment she offered. By his simple gesture he made a big impact.

And they all are making a big impact by doing needed work. Without asking anything for their efforts. Because they can.

Leave to the humiliated boars to be mad at the wrong people when they get their heads handed to them. Thinking it funny doing grade school pranks by dumping people's trash on their lawn. However, Keith bares watching closer now. He's in a rage and it can't be put past him to use a hand gun to avenge his humiliation.

So, Brad is the nest stirrer upper. The one keeping others angry over Jessie and friends. Then talking out of the other side of his mouth all nice and sweet. But he's also being watched, as what he's saying is suspicious.

Just hope no one is killed because of the gutter sloths.

Others have feelings too.