Eccentric - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version
Micah's summer vacation was supposed to fun and relaxing.
What he didn't expect, was for it to turn out to be...

 

Eccentric
Chapter 2

By Torey
Copyright © 2013 Torey
All Rights Reserved.

 


Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com (Photo 15419851). The model in this image is in no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model's use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed free for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.


 

 
 
Chapter 2
 

"Wake up sleepy head," Micah heard Aunt Lillian say as she tossed a pair of yellow yoga pants and a purple tank top on his bed.

"What are these for?" he asked groggily.

"They're for yoga in the backyard after we have breakfast," Aunt Lillian said. "They're Heidi's. She's about your size. Thought they might fit you."

"But it's 6:45?" Micah replied. "Don't I get to sleep in considering it's summer?"

"Not in this household you don't," Aunt Lillian said with a somewhat stern voice.

OK, Ok, he thought. But why couldn't he just wear shorts and a T-shirt, he thought.

But the clothes did feel comfortable, although the pants did feel a little baggy around the hips. And the shirt a little large.

"They're OK, I guess," Micah said as he looked at himself in the mirror, and then proceeded to go downstairs for breakfast.

"Glad you could join us," Heidi said as she handed Micah a bowl of fruit.

It contained a few orange slices, grapes and a banana. There was also a piece of bread with jam.

"What, no bacon and eggs?" Micah jokingly.

"Nope, we're vegans," Aunt Lillian said.

"And for the summer, so are you," Heidi said.

"Um, you're kidding, right?" Micah said.

"Nope," Aunt Lillian said.

"Yoga, vegans," Micah said. "What's next, dancing naked and howling at the moon? At least that's what Uncle Todd says that you do."

"Oh come on now, we're not Wiccans," Heidi said. "Where does Todd get his information?"

"Although we may go skyclad every now and then," Aunt Lillian said.

"What's skyclad?" Micah asked.

"Oh, dancing naked and howling at the moon," Heidi replied with a laugh.

"Heidi, I think we're scaring the poor boy," Aunt Lillian said.
 

 
 
Micah had to admit, yoga wasn't really all that bad.

Standing on one foot while doing something called a "prayer pose" was proving a little difficult, but other than that, he thought he held up well doing things called a "down dog," "pigeon" and "planks."

He did find doing a "bridge," a pose where he was facing backwards trying to make his body shape like a bridge with the help of Aunt Lil and Heidi, felt a little weird.

It proved to be quite a workout, and he had fun watching Heidi and Aunt Lil together. He found the way they acted around each other quite fun.

"You'll warm to us before the summer's over," Aunt Lillian said. "Now it's time to get ready to go into town to the gallery, artists await."

"You're going to be palling around with me most of the day," Heidi said. "Hope you don't mind."

"That's OK," Micah said.

First on the agenda was a trip to Heidi's dance studio. Although Micah didn't quite mind the yoga garb, he was actually a little relieved to be allowed to wear his regular shorts and T-shirt.

He was a bit surprised to learn that he wasn't just going to watch the only class Heidi had that day. He was going to be an active participant.

He walked into a studio full of preteen and teenage girls. Most wore short-shorts and bra tops.

His Uncle Todd and Aunt Marie would say they looked like little "pole dancers," which is what they say about the girls on the show "Dance Moms."

"This is Micah," Heidi said. "He's going to be dancing with us this summer."

Micah gave her a surprised look when she broke the news.

"You are really going to have to go with the flow," Heidi said. "Now join the girls on the floor."

When she said floor, Micah found out it meant almost literally. There was some rolling in the floor, some spinning in the floor, some move called buttering the bread.

There were also some regular, "cool" dance moves. He stumbled around, but then again, so did many of the girls in class.

At the end of class, Heidi announced they would be dancing to a choreographed dance at the Feminist Alliance Festival at the end of summer.

"Even Micah?" one of the girls asked.

"Yup, even Micah," Heidi said. "He's going to be going with the flow, just like the rest of us."
 

 
 
"Hope you don't mind that I included you in the dance," Heidi said. "You can really say no if you don't want to. But it's going to be a really cool dance. Picked out a song by Florence and the Machine called Seven Devils. It's going to be really primal.

"Primal?" Micah asked.

"Modern dance term, sort of like a tribal feel," Heidi said. "I think you and the girls will like the moves. Some of them we did in class. You move quite well today, by the way?"

"I did?" Micah asked. "I thought I sucked."

"For a first day, you did very well," Heidi said. "And I liked how you didn't make being a boy constrain you from doing some of the more graceful moves the girls did."

"I really didn't think about that," Micah said as they walked into a fashion store that had a lot of edgy stuff.

"Heidi, can I help you?" a girl Heidi knew named Gen said asked before the two embraced.

"This is Micah, he's staying with us for the summer," Heidi said. "Picking him out an outfit for Lil's show on Saturday. He wants to dress as Katy Perry, so I knew this was the place to come. By the way, is Tosha here?"

"Yeah, she's in the back," Gen said. "Oh my God, that's really cool. Micah we get drag queens in here for dresses, but never really a boy your age."

"Who said he's a boy?" Heidi asked as she checked out the nail polish on the counter.

Micah gave her a strange look. Gen was also puzzled.

"Last I checked, I was one?" Micah asked.

Heidi pulled out a purple lipstick tube.

"What do you think of this color?" she asked him, and seemed to be dodging his question.

"I guess it looks cool," he said.

"Pucker," she said to him.

"Pucker?" Micah asked.

"Yeah, pucker," Heidi said in reply.

Micah did just that, only to have Heidi apply the lipstick.

"I knew it, I knew that color would look good on you," she said, holding up a mirror to his face.

Micah actually agreed with her. It did look like his color.

She couldn't settle on a particular color of nail polish. She picked blue, pink, psychedelic green, red and black.

"We can experiment and find the color that suits you best," Heidi said.

Heidi also rummmaged through earrings.

"Better watch it Micah, the wheels are turning in her head," Gen said.

"I heard that," Heidi said. "And Micah doesn't want to admit that his gender isn't set yet."

"Set yet?" Micah asked.

"Well, you like to wear girls clothes?" Heidi.

"Yeah, so what?" Micah asked.

"Do you get sexually aroused when you wear them?"

"Woa, that's getting personal," Gen said.

"Ewww, no," Micah said. "That's gross."

"Gen, when have you heard a boy say 'eww, no, that's gross'," Heidi asked.

"Can't say that I have," Gen replied. "At least, not in that way."

Micah blushed. Heidi and Gen both sensed he was embarrassed.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed if you're really a girl," Heidi said. "You shouldn't be afraid to explore that possibility this summer."

"But I have the wrong body for a girl," Micah said.

"Not every girl starts off with the right plumbing," the girl named Tosha said as she emerged from the back room. "She can always change her plumbing."

Micah suddenly hoped the subject would change. And fortunately for him it did.

Heidi had picked out a sequined blue dress and a blue wig for Micah for the show.

She also picked out a pair of Tinkerbell earrings and showed them to Tosha.

"I think that would look cool," Tosha replied.

"That's settled," Heidi said. "Tosha lets take him back."

"Take me back where?" Micah asked.

"To get your ears pierced," Tosha said.
 

 
 
"Well, that's a different look," Aunt Lillian said when she greeted Micah and Heidi at the cafe they picked for lunch.

"Micah's just getting used to it," Heidi said.

"What do you think, Micah," Aunt Lillian asked her nephew.

"Takes some getting used to, but it looks OK," Micah said of his purple lipstick, Tinkerbell earrings and blue nail polish on his fingers and toes. "I actually think I feel like an Indie chick rocker."

"Hope you don't think that's a bad look," Heidi said.

"Not really," Micah admitted. "Just never thought of myself as an Indie chick rocker before."

Heidi told Aunt Lillian about the exploring gender idea.

"You can always so, no way, I'm a boy and say no to Heidi's suggestions," Aunt Lillian said.

"That's really OK," Micah admitted. "Might be fun to explore whether I am really a girl."

"Always thought it was a possibility," Aunt Lillian said. "You have always given off a feminine power vibe during the times I've been around you. I felt it when I held you as an infant."

"Feminine power?" Micah asked. "What is that?"

"It's hard to explain," Heidi said. "But I've felt it, too. Not a bad thing, really an extremely good thing."
 

 
 
Micah helped Heidi chop vegetables for their picnic dinner. They were going to an outdoor poetry reading with Aunt Lil.

They were almost done when Aunt Lillian came through the door carrying a couple of bags.

"Went shopping at the bazaar when I finished this afternoon," Aunt Lillian said. "Found something I thought Micah should wear to the park."

She pulled out a Bohemian-style sundress and some sandals.

"I guessed at the sizes, you might need to try them on," she said.

Micah took the dress and the sandals.

"Pick a pair of clean panties from my drawer to go with it," Heidi said. "They'd probably go better with the sundress than your briefs."

A few minutes later, Micah came bounding down the stairs, wearing dress, sandals and sporting a ponytail.

"That's actually looks pretty good on you," Aunt Lillian said.

"Mom taught me how to tie one," Micah said.

"I was going back to the bazaar tomorrow to pick out a few sundresses for me and Heidi to wear around town," Aunt Lillian said. "You can go with me and pick out some more dresses for you if you'd like."

"Sure," Micah said. "Maybe it'll be cool if the only pants I wear this summer would be yoga pants."

"Careful," Heidi said. "We might hold you to that."

"I wouldn't mind," Micah said. "I might be a girl, remember."

"That thought has crossed my mind," Aunt Lillian said.
 
End Chapter 2
 

 

 
To Be Continued...
 

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's going on well

Angharad's picture

though it could do with a proofer or editor.

Angharad

I love the name Micah... and

I love the name Micah...
and I would love to take on the Summer No-Pants-challenge!!

xx
Amy

Seems more of Micha is girl

Seems more of Micha is girl rather than boy and she is definitely coming out rapidly. She seems to be in a very safe area, as all who meet her are okay with her female self and also seem to want to help her in her life discovery of "Is He or is She?"