You Chose the Wrong Store - Part 3

Printer-friendly version
Ronnie's life took an unexpected turn for the different

when he picked the wrong store to shoplift!

You Chose
the Wrong Store
Part 3

By Jessica C
Copyright © 2013 Jessica C
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com (Photo 16615327). The model in this image is in no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model's use is solely used for the representation of the looks of the main character of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed free for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.


 

 
 
 
Part 2
 
She’s the little hottie that was at the game tonight.

Hi Janelle, I hope you don’t mind but we’re going to corrupt you this summer.”

From what I saw of Lesley she could easily lead me astray… Another girl popped up on the computer and she wasn’t wearing much.

“Joy are you going to be coming to the U tomorrow, we need to work on our project.”…

“Patrice, you are going to embarrass my little Sis; please cover up.”…

“I’m just helping her to dream bigger Joyce. Has she had her first period yet? I could show her both sides if you want?”…

“Get to bed Jan and cover your eyes and ears for a moment, but don’t fall asleep.”

I was glad I was behind Joyce since I didn’t have any boobs under my nightgown… “Can you bring your sister to the campus again, how about tomorrow?” …
 

 
 
During the night my dreams were scary, me being a girl. When I woke in the morning I began to remember what happened it was only a bad dream, but here I was in Joy Grant’s room but not excited about it… Mom, no Hannah was in to get me up and going, “I didn’t know how long it would take to get you dressed, Janelle.” That name was ‘Janelle’, but here I was walking into the bathroom on my own to get ready.

I was handed my bra and a pair of matching panties and another outfit: worse I didn’t say anything. I took a quick shower, patted dry, and got dressed. I used a feminine napkin to help hide my boy part. I did some of the make-up, the concealer, and foundation. Mom said, “Remember light make-up for daytime.” I needed help with my eye makeup as my eyes wanted to blink.

I had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and it was very enjoyable. “Mrs. Grant, I am not comfortable with this. I don’t know if I can keep my promise?”

“I suggest you just remember the police are just a phone call away; I can keep my promise and I intend to do so.”
 

 
 
Joy came to the kitchen just before we were leaving. “Mom, I have a softball game at 10:00 and would like to get over to the University for one of my projects today. But please call me I would like to go shopping with you and Janelle if it would work out. Jan, it might sound a little crazy but I think you will make a good girl.”

I turned to Hannah, “Mom should a boy say thanks for a compliment like that.” She smiled, as I was going with no trouble. We were at the store by 8:30 a.m. for a ten o’clock opening. “What would you like me to do to help?” She showed me three boxes she received as special deliveries and several unopened boxes of clothes. Without looking she placed different sets of hangers on the two larger boxes. “I would appreciate your help. I need to check inventory, prepare the registers with the proper change and check the rolls of receipt paper. We’ll need to restock all of the racks and shelves. And this is some of the clothing we just received.

Amazingly I opened the boxes: one had dresses and I was soon proficient in hanging them properly on an empty rack in the stock area. The next box had both slacks and shorts that needed to be refolded properly so wrinkles and the wrong creases did not set into the clothes. With forty clothes items, it took me almost fifty minutes to fold and sort them to size and color.

All the while Hannah was getting so many things done. “Mrs. Grant, how long would you expect someone to take in doing these two boxes?”

“That isn’t fair to you Jasmint; a new salesgirl also needs to learn.” “Well, how long would it take a new salesgirl to do it?”

“A poor worker might take an hour and need more corrections, Jasmine or Rachel use to take 45 minutes. But now they do it in twenty, both of them are very good. They had to learn quickly as my regular women are either recuperating from surgery or taking care of their family.”

Rachel spoke from behind me, “What did I do well? Learning fast, I don’t think so. As a store owner, Ms. Grant kind of carries us, as she works faster as well as teaches us as she goes… Don’t be ashamed Janelle, I thought you did very well yesterday.”

I asked, “Are you going to tell on me, Rachael?”

Rachel had to think about what I was asking. “I didn’t get a good look at you before you changed, and I wouldn’t tell if I knew. Mrs. Grant believes in you, as far as I am concerned it is no different than her giving me a chance. If you want to meet some of my friends from the Southside, I will but I will be choosy.”
 

 
 
In fifteen minutes Rachel worked as well as talked with me, and we opened the store five minutes before ten. I heard Hannah talk on the phone, asking Ms. Russell if she could just staff the register for two hours come 2:00 p.m. “I have a niece I need to take and get some clothes. She also texted Joy with the time we were going shopping.” There were a fair number of shoppers who were just window shopping or trying on clothes without making a purchase. But there were also plenty of sales.

Velma was in by 10:30 and she was doing most of the fittings needing alterations. By 1:20 she asked me to try on the dress Caroline bought for me. “I know you have small breasts that are just beginning to blossom, would you be offended if Ms. Grant and I suggest a pair of breast forms to help you?”

“If you would get ready, I will take your aunt’s place on the floor and she can help you with the forms. I am sure you will enjoy the difference.”

Mom marked my chest for the forms applied an adhesive, set the breasts, and used concealer and makeup to hide the seams. “Mom, would a normal girl be as pleased in having this done?”

“It’s easy to get caught up in being pretty, isn’t it? If you had an accident, you’d possibly use them… I’ll have Joyce take you home when she gets here, so you can clean up before we go shopping.” I didn’t say I needed to, Joy just told me to get in the car and we could both get cleaned up.

I guess Joy showered after the game as well as had already been to the University. “You still need to freshen up and change into something decent.” She said, “Don’t mind me,” as she hurried out of her slacks and pullover top, and was walking around in her panty and bra. “Don’t tell Mom or Dad, but I am not going to be worrying about you all summer. …Clean yourself well but I suggest you use some baby powder; just don’t make a big cloud when you’re using it.”

“Here use this mini-skirt it is cut nicely and I think it is easy to change in and out of while trying on clothes.”

“But what if boys see too much?”

“Most won’t know what they saw from their imagination. If a boy says he saw your panties ask him the color and description. I bet his answer won’t match reality. Then tell the twerp he should go and play with himself; tell him that he has the imagination for it.”

“Don’t be afraid to flirt with some nice guys; it is good to have them around if someone tries to get ugly. And yes, you are pretty enough to get both sets of guys.” We were back at the shop shortly after 2:30. Hannah first gave me a gift card from my mother for $100; there was a note to use more than half at Hannah’s. I was moved as I knew it meant something special to my mother, though I did not understand what.

I shopped the sales racks and found a very nice pink skirt and a print top to go with it. There was a dress on the clearance rack for 50% off, but Rachel let it slip out, “I’m sorry Janelle but there’s been a mistake, this just came in last week.”

Mom said, “Even if it was wrongly put there she can have it at that price. Even with that, it would have taken all of my one hundred dollars if I got the over-the-shoulder purse I wanted. Jasmine told me, “You’re getting a 20% employee discount plus a fifteen-dollar commission from yesterday’s sales.” So I had 35 dollars of my own money when we went shopping at JC Penney’s.

“Joy, what do you think about shopping at Penney’s?”

“It doesn’t matter if it’s Penney’s, Kohl’s, or Macy’s or what they say you are saving. That is all hype and smoke to distract you. Check the stitching and fabric for quality. It’s the price you are going to pay for it that matters not how much they say you save. How much you save might be important to your friends. The same can even be said for boys’ clothes.”

Joyce and Mom talked me into a pair of short shorts that I knew I would not ever wear. I did get two pairs of girl’s designer jeans that were nice and snug. I didn’t intend to wear them but liked how they looked.

Joy showed me some very nice skirts, dresses, and blouses as well as the difference between quality and overpriced junk. Joy talked to me about two dresses that I could wear to school. She said not only were they pretty, but no one would guess I was a girl when I wore them. She said it was early to wear a sundress but Mom had me try on one she said was a spring dress, though I couldn’t tell the difference.

I tried on the dress. It felt very silky as it went on over my legs and my body. Mom said I would wear it tomorrow to church. Once again Janelle was encasing me, and I was again enjoying being her.
 

 
 
As we were walking back through the mall, Trey called out to Joy to wait. He and another boy came running up to the three of us. Joy responded, “Great you are in time to carry Jan’s new clothes.

“Paul, this is Joy’s cousin; the one I was talking to you about. Janelle this is Paul and Paul this is Janelle; isn’t she very pretty?

Paul smiled and then frowned, “Yes, she is very pretty, too pretty I don’t think she would go out with me.”

I could see Paul was quite shy and like I did not have any confidence. “Thank you Paul, and I would go out with you but I’m afraid I’m too young.”

Trey quickly looked to Mrs. Grant and Joy, “Mrs. Grant couldn’t you make an exception? We would go to an early movie, please?”

Joy had a devilish smile, “Mommy, Paul is kind of like Jenny. I will watch out for Jan and we could have her home by 10:00 p.m. by going to the early movie.”

“Miss Grant, I am good, you can call my Mom if you want,” said Paul. “She already thought I was going on my first date. But Heather changed her mind saying I was too slow for her.”

Mrs. Grant felt bad for Paul and then looked at me. I couldn’t disappoint him any more than Mrs. Grant could. “Okay, but she cannot stay out later than 10:00. Paul, you promise to treat her like a young lady?” Good, Paul and I were both having our first date but mine was with another guy.

The pace quickened to the car as Mom was now taking us both home, instead of me going back to the store. “I am sorry about that young lady but you should have spoken up and said something. You seem to have a way of attracting shy people.”

Joy was very happy, but a bit skeptical. “I sure hope you are all girl tonight and not just some girly boy. I, we will be very embarrassed if you aren’t.”

Mom spoke up like she was talking more to her daughter than me, “Joyce, have Jan show you the skirt and print blouse she got today. I think it would be a good choice for tonight… If I can get back in time, I will try to have a cell phone for her.”

My biggest surprise was the fact I was getting excited about going on a date. When we got home, Joy gave me a big hug and I realized we both had breasts that were rubbing against each other. I couldn’t feel either but it was still strange. I looked down at my breasts and Joy saw me. “Yes you are pretty there as well and yes, it is strange when girls hug each other and our breasts are hot.”

I whispered, “TMI”, thinking to myself, but Joy heard me and began to giggle. I shouldn’t have looked at Joy because I began to giggle as well and it snowballed from there and I fell into a chair unable to stop. Her younger sister came in, “Oh, I see London, I see France, I see Janelle’s underpants.” I should have been embarrassed and stopped laughing but I couldn’t.

Finally, I stopped as I wet my panties and then ran for Joy’s bathroom. I was lucky as Mom had me wear a pad just in case I exposed myself. The pad had caught the little bit that leaked.

Joy asked me to show her the skirt and top outfit her mother was talking about. I set looking through the bags and got distracted as I pulled out different outfits and spent time looking at them. Joy became impatient, “Yes Jan they are all nice outfits, but you need to find the one we’re looking for. We need to start to get you ready for your first date.”
 

 
 
I stepped back and there were three bags we had not yet checked and one was from Hannah’s Shopped. It was a silver miniskirt and a dark blue printed blouse. It was only now that I saw how it caught the light. I quickly thought I wouldn’t mind finding a girl in a blouse shimmering like that.

“Wow, it is nice, but I am surprised that Mom would let you wear it for a date.” She had me worried so I asked, “Is it bad?”

She paused, “No, you will look quite nice in that outfit.”

We were now in her bedroom and she patted me on the buns as she pushed me toward the bathroom. “My, girls clean and refresh themselves a lot more than guys do.”

“And you will notice the difference if your date doesn’t take a shower.”

“I thought girls liked the smell of a guy?”

“There are different guy smells, sometime you may get to notice the difference,” her smile indicated there was more behind the thought.

I had showered using a shower cap, patted myself dry, and was now getting dressed when Joy called me back into the bathroom. “I want you to learn how to wash our delicates.” She took some washing detergent from the sink cabinet and put just a small amount into some cool water. She threw in several panties and asked me: “Now move them about gently making sure the soapy water has worked through them and then let them sit for about five minutes.”

“Hey, half of those are yours?”

“Good observation Rembrandt, I am providing the instructions and bathroom. You’ll be helping me with other things as well; you will make some woman a good husband someday. This is the 21st century.”

My Mom had already shown me how to wash my nice sweaters like this, though I only did it once. Why break the good habit of mom doing them? So I waited to do my nails and brushed out my hair instead. As I rinsed out the panties and used a towel to get some more water out, Joy was back fixing my hair better. “So boy wonder has done this before?”

“Not on panties or flimsy bras and delicate nighties I haven’t?” Joy laughed, “But you are aware that you are doing it so well.” She showed me where to put them to finish drying.

She then put an old towel down on her bed and had me put my feet up as she did my toenails, putting cotton balls between the toes. “Try to do your fingernails over at my table without bumping your feet and messing things up.” It was a dark off-red polish and I liked how it looked with my clothing.

“Thanks, Joy.”

“So does that mean you enjoy it?”

“It means, if I am going to do it, you are helping me to look pretty as a girl,” enough said. She smiled and not having lipstick on she kissed my cheek.
 

 
 
When we were finished, she dimmed her lights considerably. “What do you notice?” She had to suggest I look down before I saw that my blouse was shimmering in the light, especially atop my bra. “I am not ready for this, find me another top, …please?”

“You would ruin your hair and make-up, sorry but no. And if Trey is his usual self he will be early, so we can visit.” Trey and Paul were to be here at 6:40 but were there at 6:20. I didn’t understand why we were dressed so much better than them.

I wasn’t going to talk, but Paul was nervous and more so after Trey tried to get him to compliment my appearance. “Do I look okay, Paul? I could hurry and change if you want me to?”

“No, you look very… um, um… pretty, please don’t change. I want… want to… thank you… for saying yes.”

“The other girls don’t know what they are missing yet,” I said. “I think you are sweet and a good-looking guy.” The latter was true.

“Guys aren't supposed to be sweet.”

Joy spoke up, “Paul, I will tell you a secret, many girls like a guy to be sweet and nice, all you need to do is to be comfortable.”

“Maybe if Jan likes me, I can be comfortable.” Hannah came home and little sis popped out from wherever she was watching and pictures were soon being taken.

“Mom, this isn’t a prom or anything?” But Hannah defended herself, “It is the first time these two have dated.”

“It’s okay Joy; we will do it and be on our way,” I said.

“Now Janelle, I don’t want you kissing too much, remember to be a Lady?”

‘Too much’ I hope Mrs. Grant didn’t just set me up to be kissed. Joy handed me my purse and we were on our way. We were in line for tickets and about half the kids were from the Southside and I was getting anxious. Joy noticed I was uncomfortable and quickly figured out why. She looked around, “Jan, it looks like the Southside boys have noticed another pretty girl in the crowd?”

“Why who are they looking at,” I asked.

“You, of course, this is the first time for them to see you?” I kind of moved closer to Paul for protection before I looked around. Paul put his arm around me and we smiled as we looked at each other.

“Well that certainly disappoints them, but now a few girls are jealous that you are with Paul.” Paul now took my hand and he was relaxing as the guys bought the tickets.

“I wished we had eaten before we came, I’m going to be starved before we get home.” The guys were buying the tickets and Joyce was texting. And we would be quickly going into the theater. Paul was quickly up to the refreshment counter and ordering popcorn and all he asked me was if I wanted a diet or regular cola. I asked for the diet regular size but he had ordered me a large diet. Joy smiled and squeezed my hand, pleased that I was being patient with Paul. Her cell buzzed and she answered and thanked whoever she was talking to.

“Mom said we could get a bite to eat after the movie if people want.” I knew the look on Paul’s face. Once we sat in our seats, Paul began counting his money. “Paul, do you have enough money for yourself? I can pay for my own if we go out to eat.” He relaxed and smiled at me.
 
 
After I sat down, Joy moved one seat to leave a space between her and me. I wanted my big sister closer, but I understood I was closer than my sister wanted. I thought I was just being polite when I said, “Joy, you and Trey don’t have to sit with us if you want. I think we will be safe on our own.” Joy looked at Trey and they got up and moved a few rows behind us.

I am usually a popcorn junkie, but I noticed my fingers getting butter on them and didn’t want to mess up my outfit. I asked Paul to make sure he wiped his hands if he was going to put his arms around me or hold my hand. Paul put the popcorn on the seat next to him as he wiped his hands.
 

 
 
The movie began and that was where my interest was. But gradually Paul was getting up the courage to stretch and finally put his arm around me to embrace my shoulders. I was uncomfortable but knew it was coming so I just accepted it. It was then that I took in the different smells of guys. He had on cologne that was nice, but he was nervous and perspiring, which wasn’t.

I would have moved if Paul had not pulled me closer. The movie had humor, romance, and a few surprises that occasionally had us laughing together or looking at each other. The last time I heard him sniff and then reached for one of my hands. I looked as Paul casually asked, “Do you mind?”

I lightly smiled as squeezed his hand. We were not thinking the same thing when I felt his lips kiss my cheek. And when I turned his way, his hand lightly touched my chin and tilted it back. Paul may have been shy, but seemingly he had waited for this a long time. His lips were closed but unfortunately, mine was not. My natural response was to kiss back and we were soon in a warm embrace.

I was surprised because I enjoyed the kiss and told him, “Paul that was a nice kiss, where did a shy boy learn to kiss like that?”

“I thought I needed to give you a nice kiss because I want to ask you to the prom.” ‘Prom’ I was shocked. “I think I am the only junior not to have a date for the Prom and it is only two weeks away.”

“Paul you are really sweet and you are a handsome guy, any girl should be happy to go with you. But I am sure my Aunt Hannah won’t allow it.”

“I will ask your Aunt Hannah and if she says yes then I will take you. My parents will be so happy because I told them how pretty you are. And Trey told them you are a very nice girl. I have been saving for a long time so I would treat you very nicely.”

I was ready to cry and tried to hide my face in his shoulder. Paul hugged and consoled me, “Don’t worry Janelle, I think your Aunt will be very considerate of your feelings.” I smiled as I was amused by how we continued to understand things differently. As I smiled Paul kissed me again but as the embrace grew I felt myself relax. I was kissing him back when I heard Joy laugh, “Jan and Paul the movie is over, come up for air.” Others laughed as well.

I wanted to go to the bathroom, but Joy told me, “Let’s wait until we get to the restaurant; there will be a lot of immature junior-high girls in the women’s room here, right now.” I thought it was funny; if anyone appeared to be an immature girl it was I.
 

 
 
While we were going from the car to the restaurant I put 10 dollars into Paul’s hand, “Why don’t you pay for the two of us.” He smiled and gave me a light kiss on the cheek, “Thank you.”

I was going to order a large burger with cheese and bacon, some fries, and tea. But Joy stopped me and suggested a fish or chicken sandwich. “I thought Catholics stopped the fish stuff after Easter?”

“I am not suggesting you are a Catholic, but because you’re a girl and trying to get over being a tomgirl.”

“I forgot I guess I will have a fish sandwich, I wanted the fries but I will take a salad and diet cola, please.”

We talked about the movie, especially parts each of us missed in case our parents asked. Someone suggested I did not tell them too much or they would know I was lying as well. It kind of made sense but I needed to know the ending, which was different than I would have said.
 
 
After we ate Joy and I stopped at the girls’ room another time to fix our makeup. When we got home the guys escorted us to the door. Paul kissed me and Joy opened the door before I could fix my lipstick. “Don’t worry Mom won’t be upset,” Joy said.

She was correct that her Mom was nice; seemingly she thought my messed lipstick was cute. Mom told us that a young neighbor girl was staying over and would be going with us to church, and staying until her mother was home from work.

I was exhausted and had prepared for bed and was falling asleep a little after 11:00 p.m. A little girl woke me early in the morning and asked me to play with her. “I don’t know where the toys are?”

She took my hand and I was quickly following her, “I know where the toys are, but I want someone to play with me and Faith told me to ask you.” She took me to a toy chest in the rec room. I looked in the toy chest, but Patti said, “Dah, don’t you see the dollhouse?” It was big and pretty and Patti even showed me the dolls that went with it.

We were playing for quite a while and I was now changing the diaper of another doll. I was leaning over and Mom came in behind me. “Thanks for playing with Patti, I appreciate that.” Then Joy came in and Hannah said to her, “Do you see anything unusual about Janelle?”

I interrupted, “Yes, the girls say I have a girl’s butt.”

Patti pointed and said, “And she has stinky panties, but they don’t stink yet.” Joy began to giggle, Mom tried not to but she wasn’t successful. Mom later explained why they could be called stinky pants.

“Does it make school hard having girls say you have hips like a girl?”

“At first, now it depends; many of the girls are nice about it. I even get to talk to them more now. A few of them even became good friends.”

“I talked to your Mom last night while you were on your date about the possibility of the Prom. Joy told me you might be asked and we both agreed you probably would not fully make a decision. Your mother said, “Janelle should go, but we can’t afford a new prom dress.” She agreed to pay seventy-five dollars and said she could use $100 from your camp money and we will contribute another fifty dollars.

I didn’t say anything, but I had mixed feelings about using my camp money even though I couldn’t go. What am I saying, “I can’t go I’m not a…” I saw Patti just in time to stop my statement.

Joy sat next to me, “Janelle, your panties are showing and Patti saw your panty liner aren’t you afraid she is going to see, you know?”

“No, it is not as big as you might think, unfortunately.” Joy noticed I felt bad, but not sure why? “I am sure I am quite safe… Mom, you can’t be serious about me going to the Prom.”

Mom asked me to follow her to the kitchen, “Janelle looks me in the eyes and if you can convince me you don’t want to go, I will change my decision.”

“Mom, I can’t go to the Prom, I’m not a girl…”

“Are you saying you don’t want to?”

“Of course, I don’t want to go, what boy would want to go in the gowns still for sale? I would be hideous in any dress I picked; I wouldn’t know how to pick the right shoes with a bad dress or how to wear my hair.”

“So after church and eating out, the three of us will see if it is too late or impossible. I usually don’t like to shop on Sunday, but I think this will be fun.”

“Fun?”

“Yes, I think you want to go, but you will be no good in school until you start believing it will work.” She handed me an apron and we got started on breakfast.

“You think I want to dress up in a fancy gown and go to a prom?”

“What colors would you look at for a gown?”

“Do you mean like pastels, or satin, lace, and velvet?”

“You know, you should practice dancing in heels? You should also be able to repair your makeup and hair.”
 
 
Joyce had come into the kitchen but had stayed out of my view and just listened. “Mom, you’re right she doesn’t say ‘no’.” I was uncomfortable with their talk, but Joy was like a big sister I didn’t have and Hannah cared about me in ways that my mother didn’t. I was upset that my mother was being more responsive than usual.

I have longed for it to be my Mom’s normal response, but I have too often been disappointed.

I like a big breakfast, but this morning I was happy with one pancake, a sausage patty, and pineapple juice. The conversation around the table was nice, though Mr. Grant was quiet and either reading the paper or just lightly smiling and enjoying his girls, including me. Hannah was very much part of the joyful conversation.

Hannah, “Joyce, I put a spring dress out for Janelle, could you please help her, and she could use you redoing the makeup around her breast forms. I am going to help Patti and make sure Faith is wearing something acceptable.” Joyce smiled, took my hand, and got me going.
 
 
I washed and was back in the bedroom in the middle of changing my panties with my back toward Joyce when she pushed me onto the bed. As I got up and turned to her, she was watching to see my boy parts. “So are you pleased? Was I right,” I snapped and turned away.

Joyce just hugged me from behind. “You say you’re small, seemingly your doctor and parents aren’t concerned?” How do you tell someone your parents don’t care? The doctor didn’t say anything because I was under eleven the last time he saw me.

I put on my panties and a half-slip and sat up for Joy to check the makeup around my breasts. “Even though you won’t be showing much, boys like Johnny Briggs will be checking you out.”

‘Johnny Briggs’, I knew Briggs from baseball, we were the same age but he’s bigger and I’m sure bigger where it counts for being a boy. I was reasonably comfortable that he would not recognize me; he possibly didn’t even know or remember me as Ronnie.
 

 
 
This morning as I did my makeup and hair, Joy was instructing me with few exceptions. She swept my front bangs and put just a hint of blush on my cheeks. When Mom saw me, she smiled at Joyce and asked me, “Are you comfortable being noticeably cuter?” I had twirled around to show off how I looked as Joy had suggested it. Mom giggled, “I guess so.”

Mr. Grant said something about, “It could be harder to be Ronnie.”
Joy responded, “… needs to be.” I only heard part of her statement. Joy had given me a hand purse making sure I have everything I need with me as we went to church. Faith took Patti to Sunday school; I went with Joy and sat on the balcony of the church while her parents sat in the main area.

The balcony had more high school kids, single parents, and some young families. There were two young moms with babies that nursed their babies there during worship. I was amazed knowing it would not have happened in my church. But it was rare to see anyone without white hair at my church, except for Easter. I usually didn’t go to church nor was I a member, but had gone for Easter hoping it would help regarding camp.

The service here was more enjoyable than I was used to. There were a good number of boys and high school girls there. And when it wasn’t interesting there was more talk or texting.
 
 
A few of the boys were looking at me, which was kind of creepy as they would smile. Two guys even hugged me for something called ‘exchanging the peace’. I think the boys misspelled the word, ‘piece’. If I were a girl; I would have liked to hug one of them. Johnny was the other side of Joy, but we didn’t meet until after church.

Johnny came over to me, “Joy says you are going to be living with her for a while. You should come to youth fellowship sometime.” He told me, “I am going to start playing baseball soon you should come and watch some of the games. It is a good way to meet some of the other girls who come and watch us.”

Saved by my big sis, we went and did mostly window shopping before we ate Sunday dinner out. Mom and Joy showed me two stores at the mall we would check out as well as one specialty store we passed on the way. Again I only had a light appetite when we ate.
 

 
 
Dad, Faith, and Patti went home and we began to shop for prom dresses. I still didn’t want to go to the Prom but I began liking the dresses and how they made me feel. Macy’s had a fair selection of dresses. I tried on one pink dress that was shorter and two that were gown style. The one I liked the most was a light pastel powder yellow, with spaghetti straps, and a full skirt that opened on the left side. The specialty store at the mall was nice and had a good variety, but I liked only two in my size. There was a red and white one I loved, but they only had it in sizes too large. They located it in my size and they could have it in three days.

I was ready to request it until Joy and her Mom said, “There are probably going to be at least two other girls with that dress at the prom.” They were upset with me when I still wanted to order it. “We will need to look some more,” and they got me out of that store.

The yellow gown would cost $275 even on sale, but neither Hannah nor Joy was happy with the quality of the gown. Sherry’s Bridal and Gowns Shop on the main road was a bit more promising. Between us, we found six gowns for me to try. The pink and silver gown I loved the best was placed at the tail end of what I would try on. That was because it had a price tag of $670 and a sale of $502.

Three dresses were very nice, the powder blue gown that I liked second best would still cost just over $340 though it was already reduced by 40%. A cream gown with pink trim was only $249, but it wasn’t what I wanted. The shop owner said, “You could have gotten some lower-priced gowns that were attractive, but you would have needed to be shopping in March at the latest for that selection.”

I did not tear up to play on Mom’s emotions. The thought did occur to me that ‘I could get out of going to the prom.’ “Young lady, if that is the gown you want. I will discount it to $335 which is half price if that is coming out of your purse.”

“I have enough to pay $325 plus what I earned the other day. But I still need shoes and I need to pay back for some things.” Paying back was for what I previously had stolen and Joy and I agreed about it.

“It will take you most of the summer but we can work something out, you are a very good little saleslady,” Mom said.

Sherry offered to take it down to $300, but Mom said, “No, I think she actually will owe you some more if she gets the stockings here that she should have.”

I had to try on the gown again to be fitted and this time they had me use a pair of special stockings. I was already excited by the gown and did not expect the stockings to make much difference. The tingling coming up my left leg felt so good I was in danger of wetting my pants and I cried out of pure joy.

Joy whispered to her mother, “Mom, I’m not sure but she might be a girl?”

Hannah didn’t think she was serious but said, “I know what you mean. She looks like Missy when she first came into heat.” They didn’t get to talk as Hannah helped Sherry with the dress and pinning it for alterations.

Sherry spoke to Hannah and me, “While you have the gown on there’s some jewelry I want to show you.” I resisted, “We are already buying enough.”

“Sherry’s not worried about the sale, and it won’t hurt you to look,” Mom said. They were both right, the price of the jewelry was not that much additional, but the pieces Sherry pointed out were meant for my gown. All I needed was a tiara and I would have felt like a princess.
 

 
 
After I changed back into my outfit, Joy handed me her phone. I heard one ring and then Paul answered. “Paul, I want to thank you for our date last night. I enjoyed being with you. Um, um…” Joy poked me. “I wanted you to know that we were looking at prom dresses today.

“Yes, it means I would like to go to the prom with you and we are buying the prom gown now.” I could hear Paul telling his mother and her asking to talk to me.

“Hi Mrs. Atkins, yes I want to accept Paul’s invitation to the prom. We were looking at prom dresses today. I wanted to know if I could find a pretty one that I could afford before I said yes. We found a very pretty one at Sherry’s Bridal and Gown Shop. It met the pretty criteria, and Sherry was very nice to help me afford it. It is mostly pink with silver. It has some satin, lace, and that light, um… Mom can you describe it to Mrs. Atkins.”

“Stacy, if you want you could come Wednesday evening when the alterations are finished and she tries it on again… Yes, Paul is right she is a very nice young girl. She’s one of my sister’s girls and she will be with us from now through the summer… She needed to get away from friends who were a bad influence on her.”

“Mrs. Atkins will come with us on Wednesday to pick up the gown. She only has boys and I think wants very much to enjoy this girl event. She is also happy you are going to go with Paul, she was very afraid of him being disappointed.”

Joy said, “Mom, I thought because of his shyness, Jan would be very safe with him, but after last night I am not quite sure.”

We were leaving the store and I wanted to know what Joy meant, but I was now so hungry. “Mom, is it time to eat again?”

Mom laughed, “We had two good meals; it was you who chose to eat like a bird.”

“I was nervous, now I’m hungry.” She stopped at a house and Joy was happy but I wasn’t sure what was happening. Hannah introduced me to a woman who came to the door, “Mom, this is Janelle, she didn’t eat earlier when we went out to eat, but she bought a prom dress and is now starving.”

“Well, young lady you are very attractive. Now would you like a sandwich, some leftover chicken and fixings, or a salad with the chicken? We can all have a dish of ice cream when you have eaten.”

I wanted the chicken and fixings but she had rice with mushrooms which I didn’t want. I asked for the salad and chicken. I was glad we would have ice cream as I ate the salad quickly and was still hungry. The woman was Fred’s Mom and she permitted me to call her Grandma if I wanted.

Mom told her how I came to live with them and Grandma said, “Boy, you chose the wrong store to steal from.”

Joyce once again told Mom and now Grandma, “I’m not sure, but she might not be a boy.”

Grandma took us into her bedroom and asked me to take off my dress and lie down. “Grandma, are you a nurse,” I asked. Mom and Joyce gasped.

“Why didn’t you ask me if I was a doctor? Maybe you want to get dressed and go to a real doctor?
 
 
There was a Dr. Grant, but I never heard she was a woman and I told Grandma so. “Well there still is a Dr. Grant and she is still a woman so if you don’t like it…” She paused and I knew she was hurt; I went up to her and cried on her shoulder saying, “I was sorry Grandma.”

Dr. Grant said, “I’m sorry too; I guess I am a bit sensitive today.”

“Dr. Grant, it must be the pits to be a good Doctor and have a stupid girl like me discount you because you’re a woman doctor?”

Dr. Grant asked me, “Tell me are you a boy, you look like you enjoy yourself as a girl?” She upset me by saying that.

“Of course, I’m a boy, I’m 100% boy. I just got caught and this is the consequence.”

“I need to ask; do you get excited like other boys?” I thought and laughed, “I guess so but I am not looking when they are excited.” Dr. Grant laughed now.

“Janelle, I can’t tell for sure, but you are small for being a teenage boy. You get excited and your body gets excited like other boys. Yet you weren’t surprised or upset that I looked at you, so I’m still wondering. You’re at the right place with my daughter. We will need to get you to a specialist to sort things out, but that won’t be before Wednesday probably.”

“You don’t believe me that I’m a boy!”

“I respect what you say and I care about you no matter what.” She pulls me in for a hug, ‘You’re quite a person and I expect you to be okay.”
 
End Part III
 

 

 
To Be Continued...
 
 

Please share a comment, or acknowledge if you enjoyed the story. You are welcome to write directly to the writer as well. I respond to most of the compliments and letters to me the author. ~Jessica

 

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Janelle did not

understand the question I think,

do you get excited like other boys?

I think Janelle gets excited like a girl at least she seems to act like my twins about 80% of the time.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Janelle has been isolated enough...

That Ronnie thinks he has a strong boy psyche because that is how he sees himself. Now as he appears to be a girl it is more readily apparent to others. Janelle half the time still doesn't see it and is strongly in denial. He loves what he is experiencing, but is it being a girl or the setting of acceptance and family that he is embracing. "D" parts of all the above, most likely.
You are right, one of Janelle/Ronnie's weaknesses is to assume he understands what she/he does not. It is taken from my life of answering some questions to soon.
It is interesting that Janelle might also be more intelligent that he and most others thought.

Hugs of love, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

There was no

doubt to me that Jannelle/Ronnie is smart. she/he just never applied it a proper manner, just in his scams. Though Janelle seems to be using her brain better than Ronnie did.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Sign of the TG ?

Desiree, I think you are on the right track. I think Janelle is more comfortable and sees herself as being a girl though she is not yet admitting it.
Ronnie on the other hand is very sensitive but not comfortable about it and has a problem expressing himself.

Hugs,JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

A simple request.

I'm really enjoying the story so far, but please throw in a few paragraphs about how “Janelle's" mother deals with the older brother putting Tim into this situation. Just wondering.

I agree.

Jezzi Stewart's picture

There are some indications mom has a hidden agenda, and I, too, want to know how come older brother isn't in skirts also? It seems to me he deserves a greater punishment for both shoplifting himself and for leading his little brother astray.

BE a lady!

Good request...

I have been accused of getting side-tracked so what information readers might want is good. It should be woven into the next chapter.

Hugs and appreciation, ^_^
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Wish to reality...

Dorothy caught the heart of it. One shouldn't have to wish for respect. Ronnie hadn't experienced it until he should have lost it for shoplifting. He found it as Janelle.

Hugs for those who give it,
Hugs for those who need it,
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Jess, not to be....

Picky, but who's Tim? Ronnie's in for quite the ride, being immersed in femininity! I'm thinking Janelle's turning out to be a much more stronger, and confident personality than Ronnie is. If Janelle was to stay with the Grant family on a more permanent basis, the illusion of going back to Ronnie would disappear. Jess, this story's taking on a life of it's own. It started out as being a form of punishment, but is evolving into something more. Good chapter hon, keep'em comin' . (Hugs) Taarpa

Crevice becoming a crack

Jamie Lee's picture

That which Ronnie has been hiding for many years is slowing rising to the surface. Besides the call to the police being held over him, he is enjoying the experience more than he wants to admit to himself or to Hannah and Joy.

He wasn't embarrassed the first time he was dressed at Hannah's shop, he wasn't embarrassed on the date with Paul, or at the ball game. True he has some fears of being found out, but not the amount which would cause him to run due to embarrassment.

What he has been experiencing is self doubt. Doubt that he actually does look like a girl. Doubt he is attractive as others have told her. Doubt because he's never ventured this far in his experimentation. Doubt if he could be Ronnie again and what Hannah has been having him do. What he doesn't doubt is how he feels when Janelle is dressed and not Ronnie.

Dr. Grant has spotted something which seems to have been missed for some time. It is quite possible she is formulating an idea why Janelle is some small for someone her age. But will need blood tests to confirm her suspicions.

Ronnie gave a few clues about his home life when he wanted his mom to care about him as Hannah cares about Janelle. And instead of telling him where he would be spending his summer, she talked with Hannah, got into her car, waved and drove off. Either she would have had a hard time saying goodbye to Ronnie for the summer or she applying a form of tough love. Still, the thoughts Janelle had about her real mom beg another reason for her initial actions. It could also be asked how she ever let things get to this point in the first place. How could she not know her what her oldest was doing? Or the bad influence he was having on Ronnie? Or maybe she did know and feels Hannah's way is a better way to help Ronnie the truth about many things?

Whatever her motivation, Janelle is going to eventually make her way to Ronnie's surface. But not without a bit of resistance from Ronnie.

Others have feelings too.

You chose the wrong store part 3

Jenelle is going deeper and deeper and may be in so deep she may never get out

Girls rule