Nobility? 2

Printer-friendly version

Once we figure out what we are
What we represent,
Our core.

Its time to make a decision.

What do we do with that information?

Do we chase our dreams?

We all have many dreams,
If we cannot have them all how do we choose?

Which dreams to chase......

Again, we cannot decide this until we decide what is the most important to us.

Save everyone? Save ourselves? Find a balance point?

Save no one and find our own happiness?

I found my own answer.

There are many things I want, and need, but the price is to high. For me.

To sacrifice everything for a dream that will never come to be and always be alone...... It is to much.

I will sacrifice the lesser dream in the hopes I can find someone, and help others along the path.

Or at least lay a better path for future generations.

But I am done sacrificing everything for something I will never have.

I will support everyone I can, but I have to do what is right for me, even if it is not what I "want".

Time to grow up and realize we don't always get everything we want.

And its time to stop sacrificing everything on a pipe dream or a "noble concept"

Find THE path.
The path to be happy,
And help everyone you can,
Without sacrificing everything.

But this is my path, not everyone's.

Be true, to yourself.

Be true to your core.

And find your own way in life.

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

2 in a week if they are bad

2 in a week if they are bad tell me and I wiL stop subjecting everyone to them.

Angst

Somehow I missed your first posting, but this caught my attention.

Your poems are written from a prospective perception. A person looking forward to life and facing life ahead. It made me stop and think, something that I too rarely do. Fifty years ago I had to chart my life paths. Decisions that now are history. Your poem raised many of them. It made me realize that in spite of the many drawbacks, I overall have had a good life. Would I change some decisions with hindsight. Of course.

But we live life in the present. One can’t foretell the future. We must choose a path and accept that there will be consequences. There never are unambiguous answers.

“Be true, to yourself.
Be true to your core.
And find your own way in life.”

Very sage and cogent advice.

DJ