The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 5 New Beginnings Ch. 05

Printer-friendly version

New Beginnings
Chapter 5

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


Jacksonville.jpg
Charleston-SC-ferry.jpg
butterfly17.jpg

The list of characters mentioned in this story belong to the various authors that created them. This is a fan-fiction story.

~~~000~~~

The next item to do for the AIVAS computer software is to create the ROM instructions for the motherboard systems. Fortunately, they are all the same. But, I have to create 7,776 copies of the instruction chip sets. That took an hour to do. Then I do the same thing for the EPROM and the CMOS instruction chip sets. That took three hours to do.

Since I know the science group is providing their own information hard drives, I decided to tackle the other information hard drives. These would be in the areas of world history from the country’s own perspective and ours, mathematics, economics, sports, physical education, foods, food recipes from around the world, literature books from around the world of fiction and nonfiction. I also include sections of music from all genres, types, countries and eras. The other areas are geography, the social sciences and drama. For the drama section, I realize it will have to be the ancient plays to the modern ones. For geography, I know this overlaps geology. So, I provided the material on how to create maps of any type they want to.

The hardest section is doing the language arts. That means you are learning a language from hearing the words spoken to you. I contacted the science group to confirm that.

“What you are doing is great, Richard. We’ll provide the information hard drives for about two dozen languages here on Earth. Since Latin is used in the scientific circle, you still need to study Greek and a few other languages that are interwoven in the scientific community.”

“Thank you, sir. It seems we are trying to condense the college life cycle with all of this information.”

“That’s right, Richard. The settlers will need every piece of information that we can provide for them. They will be on their own out there.”

Doing the additional information hard drives spills over to my time in Jacksonville for a month.

The following Saturday, I bring Brianna to the dojo in Charleston. Sensei Chou and Qiang are pleased to hear from Brianna that she will earn the sashes up to the first black sash. They teach her more of the initial set of moves for the white sash on her first day. Then it will be picked up when we are in Jacksonville the following month.

At the end of the month, we all pack up and make the drive to Jacksonville. Brianna gets the address from the Rescue Mission for their sisters’ organization there. We looked it up on the internet to see where it is. We find it is located on the north side of the St. John’s River and it is East of I-95. In comparison where I live, the office and the dojo, they are not that far away from each other. The office is located in the southwest part of Duval County on the West of St. John’s River. The only distant location is the sister organization. That is about an hour’s drive away.

We meet with the apartment manager to see the new apartment. It is just like she said, it is on the second floor with no screened in porch. I make the payment and sign the documents for a one year lease on the apartment.

When we checked out my original apartment, we are surprised to see a mockingbird nest guarding the porch garden. However, there are no eggs in the nest. Also, we see it is kept clean as well. The mockingbird took the dead leaves and flowers and incorporated them into the nest.

Was it a long fight with the other mockingbirds to guard the garden?

I only had two challengers. But, I had the upper hand in the contests. I had more rolls than either of them had with me, Omega. We decided that all three of us guard the area around the complex here. So, how often are you traveling, Omega?

It will be every other month again for the next year, mockingbird. But, when the year is up, hopefully we will have found a house for us to move into or build from scratch.

I understand, Omega. If you can, Omega, try to bring the nest to the new apartment. If it falls apart, I’ll make another nest from the old pieces at the new apartment, Omega.

Thank you, mockingbird.

It takes a week to move my furniture and things into the new apartment. Brianna sets up a baby room in the third room. I get the other room for my computer network. The fairies check the baby in her womb often. They are pleased to hear only one heart beat at this time. They also sense it has a very strong beat and it is healthy as well.

I picked up the pot containing the mockingbird nest and carried it by hand to the new apartment. The mockingbird is pleased that he won’t have to rebuild it.

Brianna and her four fairies are in the car. Brianna drives to the Rescue Mission in Jacksonville. She gets a warm reception from the staff and the families there. Once they see the four butterflies around Brianna, all of the ladies and children suddenly feel more calm than ever before.

After work, Brianna drives to the local dojo. I drive to the local dojo as well. We do some more training for two hours. Brianna is taught more moves for the white sash. I can see her gaining more confidence in facing a would be attacker.

Brianna becomes very interested when she sees me get toughened up some more with the bamboo sticks. She sees me flexing my muscles to the Blue Scorpion level.

After a few hits she looks closely at the hit marks. “Incredible, it is not as red the last time I saw it, Sensei.”

“That’s true, Brianna. Right now it is the medium size sticks. When he progresses to the large size bamboo sticks, we’ll keep hitting him until the bamboo sticks break.”

“Hmm . . . that’s interesting, Sensei.”

“When you have learned and memorize the moves Brianna, you will get tested to defend yourself. You will also display all of the moves for the white sash.”

“Yes, Sensei Chou.”

Everything progresses well for the next month in Jacksonville. In my spare time on Saturdays, I look up several homes that are for sell. When we see the condition of the house, we get disappointed in how much money is needed for the repairs.

“Brianna, it might be best if we build a house from scratch.”

“I agree, Richard. At least we know what we are starting out with. See if you can find an empty lot with a wooded back side. I think a gated community will be best.”

“Okay, Brianna.” I type a general search phrase to find gated communities in Jacksonville area. I come up with a big list for the county. Then I start highlighting the locations of Secure-Sys, Rescue Mission and the current apartment. I draw lines to connect the three points for a triangle. I look within the triangle to see what comes up. All of a sudden I see a wooded gated community in the middle of it. It also has a clubhouse with a pool. In the wooded area, I see a creek that joins with a larger river system that connects to the St. Johns River. I quickly look up the phone number for the gated community. “I think I found it, Brianna and fairies.”

Everyone gathers around behind me as we all look at the map of the area. The fairies land on our shoulders and heads to look at the map.

“It looks good, father.”

“Well, let me make some phone calls, Tiger.” I dial the phone number for the gated community. I ask the lady if they have any undeveloped lots left.

“We only have five left, sir. What is your name?”

“My name is Richard Moore.”

“Okay, I put your name down as a possible interested party. Can you make it for next week Saturday to see the lot?”

I look at Brianna. She quickly nods her head up and down. So do the fairies. “Okay, we’ll make plans to be there next week Saturday at 9 AM.”

“Yes, that is a good time. See you at the clubhouse, sir. Use this number to get through the gates, sir. It is 12 . . .”

“See you then, ma’am.” “Click.” “All right, it’s a date for next Saturday.” I write down the password phrase onto a small notepad that can be put into a shirt pocket.

We continue about our tasks for the weekend like doing the laundry. But in this case, we can do it with magic that is within us. I go into my computer lab room to write some ideas down and do some more programming for the new feature of the 3D-Server. That is making the holographic images become solid.

The following Saturday, we all make a trip to the gated community. I enter in the password number. The gate opens up and allows me to drive in. It takes about five minutes to find the clubhouse for the property. We see homes of various different sizes from 2000 to 4000 square feet. It is an even mix between one and two story homes.

I pull into an empty parking spot. The fairies quickly flutter out in butterfly mode to check out the area. Brianna and I walk in together. Brianna is starting to show her baby bump after three months.

“Welcome to Settlers Landing.”

“My name is Richard Moore, this is my wife, Brianna.”

“Oh my, you’re the one who saved our money several years ago. Thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome, ma’am. Now about those five lots to see.”

“Yes, come with me. We’ll get in a golf cart here. I’ll take you to the lots.”

We exit the clubhouse and get into the golf cart. The butterflies see us get into the golf cart. They follow us as the sales lady takes us to each empty lot. The butterflies quickly get drinks of nectar from the flowers along the way. The last empty lot we see gets our attention. It is the only one on the outside part of the loop road for the property.

“This is a nice lot. Has anyone claimed it yet?”

“The last one who looked at it didn’t have enough money in the savings account. I take it that you do, Richard?”

“I do, ma’am. I am looking to build a two story house.”

“Well, that will fit in with our subdivision here. So, are you willing to purchase the lot?”

“I’ll need to call my lawyer and let her know about it. We are definitely interested in the lot. Hopefully we’ll purchase it next week.”

“That’s fine, Richard. When are you due, Brianna?”

“In about six more months.”

“Well, it takes longer than that to build a two-story house, Richard. How many rooms will be in the house?”

“I would say at least four bedrooms for the kids. Plus a fifth one for myself. I think we’ll have greenhouse in the back as well.”

“That’s a serious out lay of cash, sir. I am thinking it will be about $500,000.00 when its all said and done.”

“You’re probably right, ma’am. We’ll let you know next week.”

“Then I look forward to the call, Richard. I’ll take you back to the clubhouse.”

We get into the golf cart. She takes us back to the clubhouse. I give her my card at Secure-Sys. She takes it and writes the lot number on the backside of the card.

We leave the property and drive back to the apartment. We continue getting ourselves rested over the weekend. Come Monday, it is more of the same for all of us. I call Anna and let her know what we found. She appreciates the call. She’ll start investigating loans from several banks in Jacksonville. Of course, the more we put down as a down payment, the quicker the loan will be paid off.

I call the subdivision in the middle of the week. We get tentative approval from Anna on Wednesday. I make arrangements to do a payment on the lot the next Saturday. Hopefully, the house will be built before the second child arrives.

When the fourth month is up in Jacksonville, we travel back to Charleston. We continue with our routines in Charleston like before. I finish learning the moves for the lizard. They are very quick with the feet on the ground. The next animal to learn is the badger.

“The badger is really connected to the ground, Richard. They burrow underground for their nests. It is there, you will really be connected to do the Earth bending element.”

They teach me the animal moves for the badger. It is another low level animal like the turtle I learned earlier. I learn how to do slashes with my hands and feet at this level.

“What is the special move for the badger, Sensei?”

“There are several moves, Richard. They are Earth Shelter, Earth Wall and Earth Column to name just a few. Earth or stone elevation has never been done here, Richard. Perhaps, you’ll be the first if you can do it.”

When we come back to Jacksonville for the sixth month. I get an interesting call from Twainor at 8 AM, the following Saturday morning.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos