All Girl or Nothing - 'The Alternative Ending'

Printer-friendly version

This was originally posted in August 2012 (before I posted the official parts 4 and 5). It was around for about a day before I took it off due to criticism left, right and center. Comments were even blocked due to its controversy (because of the horrid style it had been written in).
The reason I am re-adding this is that through the midst of anger I got from it; I also received sort of praise and pleas to keep it and have it act as the official finale or to at least keep a copy and consider re-posting in the future.
There were also some who were quite saddened at the time as it had been removed before they could read it. So for those who are still curious as to how I ruined my most popular series, here it is. The 'Alternative Ending' I am now calling it and it is to be considered only as like a deleted scene or bonus feature on a DVD.

(Hopefully, this'll make certain people hate the official finale I posted a few months back a little less when held in comparison to this!)

~o~O~o~

6 Grammys.

Hundreds of sold out concerts.

Multi-million record sales.

All in 5 years.

5 years that I will never get back.

5 years that I traded for just a few months in Juvie.

They say stardom can turn people insane. I can see all the truth in that now, although like my ascent into pandemonium, my decent is probably a lot different to that of other fallen pop stars.

The year is now 2016 and here I sit, on a plane home from Tokyo, mourning death and on my way to the courts to deny charges.

The punishment this time however will be big boy prison.

I wish I had just taken Juvie, at least there nothing happens when you drop the kiddy soap.

"I think I'm afraid that I'm fresh out of ideas, Charlotte." My lawyer put his hand on my shoulder as a weak mark of respect.

The most expensive Lawyer the record label had to offer and even he couldn't save me now.

The judge silenced the courtroom, "Alright then Miss Gibson, now that the mounting evidence that you killed one Hubert Jenkins has all been supplied, how do you plea?"

I looked down to my hairless ankles as I had found myself doing so often over these past few years.

"I have already told you, it was self-defence, he tried to rape me!"

Various chuckles could be heard from the less composed individuals that filled the aisles.

"And I have already told you young lady, that there is no evidence whatsoever to support your claim that this incident ever occured!"

"It's Mrs. Tate your honour, she bends the law to suit her needs!"

The Judge shook her head in a somewhat sympathetic manor. "Once again, no proof."

"She uses her money to tamper with the system! It's how I got into this business in the first place!"

"Oh not this again... I will not tell you again of the lies this court has found you to have conjured up, you were born Charlotte Gibson, both your records and the drug test proved this.

"It's Mrs Tate! She did stuff to me, changed my birth certificate, and killed off whoever got in her way!"

"So you're telling me that it was Mrs. Tate who killed Mr. Jenkins?"

"No," I sighed, "I can't deny that I killed him, but it was an accident, he WAS raping me!"

"As much as that wouldn't surprise me, seeing how provocatively you have dressed throughout your career, there IS NO EVIDENCE!"

Mascara was now running down my teary face as my fate seemed ever clearer.

"I just can't believe you dragged Mrs. Tate into this," the Judge continued, "after she let you into her band and then supported you all through your solo career..."

"She forced me to do it! She blackmailed me! She killed my Mum! She killed my Dad! She killed my boyfriend!"

"No evidence. No evidence. Your parents died in a car accident. And Graeme Williams commited suicide. I am sorry for your losses but the jury has found you guilty of the murder of Hubert Jenkins. I hearby sentence you to 7 years behind bars."


Ooops, was there supposed to be a happy ending?

THE END.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Some of my favorite reviews from the time:

"Gee, who would have thought a writer could be so annoyed with her readers (and hate her character so much), that she'd come back to a story she didn't want to continue and hurt them all, just because people liked her work so much they asked for more?

You could have just said no, you know.

It's one thing to head down a dark path on purpose, making that choice as a writer. But it's quite another to go there to punish people just for enjoying your writing enough to want you to continue."


"Probably not the ending the readers here wanted LOL."


"Why even have an ending? That's such a cop out....or are you doing it on purpose just to make people cry?"

~o~O~o~

Just an afternote to any one I hurt at the time: I took all of your opinions into account and rewrote it when I felt ready to. And when I eventually got around to writing the official parts 4 and 5, I actually enjoyed doing so and I hope that showed.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed sharing a cringe with me at this disaster.

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I feel I should also mention...

I feel I should also mention that this isn't really a joke to me. This was a very serious problem; for any young author to receive the amount of hate I did from only trying to please my readers crushed me and you may have noticed that from then on my stories sank into very strange places.

I lost a lot of readers and respect from writing this finale.

Yes, it is a very dark

ending. I hope that I as not one of those who hurt you in the past. If I did, I humbly beg for forgiveness.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

My only comment is

Anyone that blamed you for the ending, is an idiot. That's not how fiction works, we don't craft our tales according to the random voices on the internet. We craft them according to our muse/plotbunnies/imagination wells/the little voices in our souls that wish to tell their story and we are merely it's conduit.

I really get sick of seeing people bash an author for their content, it's as if they are so uneducated as to not realize that writing a story about a horrible person DOES NOT FUCKING MAKE YOU a horrible person.

I apologize for my swearing mew, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Can't say I like this ending,

but it is honest. Sometimes, we lose ourselves in the lies others tell us about ourselves. It is good to both remember and allow the truth to be horrible, and with consequences that we are not solely responsible for. After all, the first step of solving a problem is admitting that it exists.

I liked the story line with the exception of voice changing pills. Outside of that it could have happened today. Overall, I have found it a worthwhile read.

Another harsh truth is that you cannot please all of your readers. But you do the best you can to please yourself. In the end, that is what matters the most.

Bright Blessings,
Cassie Ellen

im sorry you got so much

im sorry you got so much flack from people i liked the story both endings i hope that you feel better and can write how you wish best wishes
michelle

I have no objection to either ending. ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Actually I felt this ending was more in keeping with the rest of the story, though I didn't think you wrote Melissa quite as evil as you show her here - having his family killed ??/; but the happy ending was a too nice turnaround.

What bothered me was that you skipped from the end of part four to five years later. What happened inbetween? It was like reading a book with the last five chapters ripped out and only the epilog left at the end. I would have liked the details of how they got Charlie to continue being Charlotte. If he was willing, eagar, to give up the income from being a band member, I don't think he would voluntarily go solo just for the money. Too many lost details.

BE a lady!

WHATEVER

whatever you want to write I am quite happy to read it. however for all the whiny folks that just got to hate,
pooh on them

ED


ed