My Fathers Secret Part 13

Printer-friendly version


 © June 2013


Part Thirteen of 13+


Chapter Twenty Seven: Breaking Bread with Friends

     “Time to wake up you two...!” Joan shouted as she entered Jessica and Kirstin’s bedroom in the penthouse. “We need to get a good session in this morning, to make up for us not swimming yesterday.” Joan informed them as she pulled back the covers to stop the two of them pulling it up over their heads as they groaned at her for being so mean.

     “But we did all that walking...” Jessica complained as she buried her head under her pillow.

     “I’ll live with being fat and stop here.” Kirstin groaned as she turned over and tried to find the covers Joan had just pulled off the bed.

    Jessica and Kirstin were soon letting out a squeal when Joan slapped them on the backsides to motivate them into getting up.

     “You have five minutes to get out to the pool, or I use a hairbrush next time.” Joan warned as she left the room giggling.

*****

    Joan was already in the pool a little later, when Jessica and Kirstin walked out onto the patio wearing their swimsuits under their bathrobes.

     “Good morning girls...!” Joan said happily.

     “What’s so good about it...?” Kirstin grumbled. Not happy at being woken up and then slapped on the backside for not wanting to get up. Kirstin was having a rethink on how cool it was to have a mother.

     “You’ll feel much better after a swim sweetie.” Joan grinned, taking no notice of Kirstin’s complaints, just before she carried on swimming.

     “Come on, she does have a point.” Jessica shrugged as she held out her hand to help Kirstin get into the pool.

     “I remember a time when you use to hate being woken up.” Kirstin reminded Jessica as she let Jessica help her.

     “Me...? Never...” Jessica grinned. “You must be thinking of someone else.”

    Kirstin went to argue, but stopped when she realised she was thinking of someone else. Jessica wasn’t anything like Jonathon, something that Kirstin was glad about. Jonathon never would have had so much fun the other night at the club, or enjoyed wandering around London sightseeing, like they had done the day before. Kirstin was suddenly looking forward to her morning swim with Jessica, even if Joan had woken her so she could have it.

     “Last one to swim twenty lengths of the pool has to wear a corset today when we go to Jane’s for the barbecue.” Kirstin giggled just before she pushed Jessica over and started swimming.

     “That’s cheating....!” Jessica spluttered out once she was back on her feet, but she laughed when she saw how serious Kirstin was.

    Kirstin used her head start wisely, and she was in the lead for the first several laps, but Kirstin wasn’t as used to swimming as Jessica, and Jessica was able to keep up the pace, and soon they were neck and neck, then Jessica was in the lead. Kirstin was one length down by the time Jessica did her twentieth.

    Jessica was sat on the edge of the pool next to Joan when Kirstin finally finished and joined them, panting heavily from all the exercise.

     “I really have got to get in shape.” Kirstin said between gasps of air.

     “You should know that cheaters never win.” Jessica said sounding a little too smug with herself.

     “They do on the wildlife channel.” Kirstin argued, as she referred to the big cat.

     “I think you’ll find that not even a big cat would be as quick in the water.” Jessica pointed out. “At least I won’t need to worry about you eating too much today.” She added with a grin, as she thought about Kirstin wearing a corset.

     “I was only joking with you baby.” Kirstin pouted as she cuddled up to Jessica in some hope of talking her out of making her wear a corset.

     “Well the joke’s on you now.” Jessica smirked.

     “That was a foolish bet to make Kirstin.” Joan giggled.

     “I can see that now.” Kirstin frowned.

    They all got out the pool and went to take a shower, but Joan rang for room service and ordered some breakfast for them all to be brought up to the suite.

*****

    Kirstin was a little shocked, but glad not to see a corset sat on the bed waiting for her when she stepped out the bathroom.

     “I thought you would want me in a corset right away.” Kirstin said as she walked over to where Jessica was sat doing her makeup.

     “I’m not going to be so evil, as to make you wear a corset all day.” Jessica smiled. “I’m not even going to hold you to that bet, well not today anyway, but you will owe me at some point, and I don’t want any arguments when I call you on it.” Jessica added with a warning tone that still sounded playful, so Kirstin wasn’t too worried about it.

     “Deal...!” Kirstin grinned, glad that she wouldn’t be in pain while she tried to enjoy the food at Jane’s family’s house.

    The two of them were finally dressed and ready to leave, so they left their bedroom and found Joan sat flicking through a magazine on one of the sofas. Joan looked up and could see that Kirstin wasn’t wearing a corset, just a pale pink summer dress.

     “No corset...?” Joan asked with a smirk, as she wondered what argument Kirstin might have used in the bedroom to talk her way out of it.

     “Jess said I could pay back the bet at a later date.” Kirstin smiled.

     “I’d be more worried about that, than having to wear one today.” Joan warned.

     “You make me sound evil.” Jessica pouted, but was soon grinning again. “But it is a nice card to have in reserve.” She had to agree.

     “I’m sure it is.” Joan laughed as she placed the magazine down and then got up off the sofa and led the way out of the suite.

 

    Dale made his way over to them when they arrived in the lobby. “Good afternoon ladies.” Dale said after looking at his watch and checking the time. “I hear you’re all heading over to Carl’s house for a barbecue?” Dale asked.

     “Yes, Chrissy invited us over, and Mandy said the hotel would arrange a driver to take us there.” Joan replied.

     “Yes she did, and I’ll be your driver.” Dale informed them with a smile.

     “You...?” Joan asked looking a little shocked.

     “I’ve been told I’m quite a good driver.” Dale said looking a little hurt at Joan’s shocked look.

     “I don’t doubt that you are Dale, but I’m sure you have more important things to do than drive us around.” Joan tried to explain the reason for her shocked look.

     “Actually I don’t, and I’ve been ordered to attend the barbecue, so it seems silly to have someone else take you, when I’m heading that way myself.” Dale shrugged.

     “You’ve been ordered to attend...?” Joan asked.

     “Yes, my wife is also Callum’s mother, and she will be there, so I’ve been told I have to go as well.” Dale sighed.

     “Who’s Callum?” Kirstin whispered to Jessica.

     “Kara...” Jessica whispered back.

     “So you’re Kara’s father then?” Kirstin asked.

     “No, I married Kara’s mother a couple of years back, but I’m proud to have Callum, or Kara as part of my family.” Dale said proudly.

    Dale stepped over and told a woman on reception that he was leaving now, and he could be reached on his cell phone if they had any problems later in the day, but Dale didn’t look worried about his staff not being able to cope while he was away. He then lead Joan, Jessica and Kirstin out of the hotel and over to a waiting car that a valet had parked right outside the hotel.

    Joan got in the front with some help from Dale getting the door for her; he then helped Kirstin get in the back before closing the door. The valet had opened the door on the other side to let Jessica get in the back before he closed the door for her. Dale got behind the wheel and they were soon on the road and making their way to Carl’s home.

    They gathered they’d arrived at the right house when Dale pulled into a large gravelled drive way in front of a large house. Joan looked up at the house and thought it must have been two houses at some point, but had been made into one, and it was a very large looking house now because of it.

    Jessica had no sooner set foot out of Dale’s car when she heard Jane calling her name. Jessica looked over in the direction of the sound, and she saw Jane running towards her.

     “Hi Jane...!” Jessica shouted back as she waved.

     “I’m really glad you made it.” Jane grinned as she finally reached Jessica and threw her arms around her friend.

     “Is this where you live?” Jessica asked as she looked up at the large house.

     “No, I live with Mable, but I do spend a lot of time here though.” Jane grinned.

     “Mable?” Jessica asked, as she tried to remember if she’d met a Mable while she was here last time.

     “You’ve not met her yet, but she’s in the back garden with the others.” Jane said as she started dragging Jessica towards a gate to the side of the house. “Mable lives just down the road from here.” Jane explained.

    Jessica managed to grab hold of Kirstin’s hand, so Jane was now dragging the two of them towards the gate that led to the back garden. The closer they got, the louder the noise of people talking and laughing got. The sound of children giggling also got much louder as well. They were soon at the back of the house, and Jessica and Kirstin were shocked at the large number of people they found sat around at tables, or running around chasing young children around as they giggled.

     “Hello Jessica, Kirstin.” Mandy said as she walked over to them with a man stood at her side smiling.

     “I’m so glad you could make it.” The man at Mandy’s side said.

     “Thank you for inviting us over.” Jessica said as she studied the man trying to remember if they had ever met before.

     “This is Carl, Carla’ sister, if you get what I mean.” Mandy giggled when she saw the confusion on Jessica and Kirstin’s face.

     “Oh, I’m so sorry, but you look a little different like this.” Jessica blushed over not realising who Carl was.

     “Don’t worry about it.” Carl laughed. “I find it fun to fool people with my different looks.”

     “We’ll let Jane show you around the family, and do the introductions, while we say hello to Joan.” Mandy smiled as she gave each of them a hug before letting Jane drag them away.

     “I can’t believe that Carl is also Carla from the night club.” Kirstin said as she was dragged away and she looked back over her shoulder at the man stood with Mandy.

     “Do you really find it that shocking after seeing how different you look as Jessica to Jonathon?” Jane asked with a grin.

     “True, but Jonathon never looked so normal as a man though in the first place.” Kirstin pointed out as she looked at Carl in his jeans and polo shirt with his arm draped around Mandy’s waist.

     “Thanks...!” Jessica said looking hurt at Kirstin’s comment.

     “Please don’t get upset with me baby, I like you like this.” Kirstin said as she gave Jessica’s hand a squeeze and pulled her a little closer.

    Jessica found it hard to stay angry with Kirstin when she looked into her eyes, so she smiled and leaned closer to give her a little peck on the lips, not wanting to make a scene in front of Jane’s family.

     “Being small did finally work in my advantage I guess.” Jessica grinned.

    Kirstin was just about to say something when she was bumped into by a little girl that was being chased by another little girl.

     “Sorry...” The girl said as she looked up at Kirstin.

     “Are you alright Dru?” Jane asked the girl as she helped her to stand up again after she’d fallen backwards and ended up sat on her bottom after bumping into Kirstin.

     “I’m fine Aunty Jane.” The girl giggled.

     “Tick...! You’re it...!” Another girl giggled as she tapped the first girl on the arm before running off again.

     “Hey Lauren...! Not fair...!” The girl shouted as she ran after her.

     “That was Drusilla and her sister Lauren.” Jane said as she watched the two girls running away. “They’re Chrissy and Becky’s children, and just so you know, Drusilla is also their son Andrew.” Jane added.

     “She is...?” Jessica asked. “She looks far too pretty to be a boy.” She added as she studied the girl as she ran after her sister.

     “Is she transgendered like you?” Kirstin asked.

     “It’s a little too soon to tell, She’s only nine.” Jane explained.

     “How long has she been dressing?” Jessica asked.

     “It all started when she was seven, and Lauren lost her best friend. She moved away to New Zealand.” Jane added when she saw the looks on Jessica’s and Kirstin’s face that said they thought Lauren’s friend had died.

     “Are Chrissy and Becky both their parents as well?” Kirstin asked. She could already see both Chrissy and Becky in their girl’s features, but she just wanted to make sure.

     “Yes, Chrissy and Becky are both their parents, just as Amber and Amy are both Little Jessica’s parents.” Jane giggled as she pointed at a smaller girl squealing as she was now being chased by Drusilla. “That little boy over there in the yellow polo shirt is Cathy and Sara’s son, Peter.” Jane said as she pointed to a group of three boys kicking a ball around.

     “Did they all have the children before they started their transition?” Jessica found herself asked.

     “No, mother had stored up some of their sperm, but that’s a long story that I won’t go into details about now.” Jane frowned.

    Jane was saved from anymore questions by Chrissy and Amy walking over to greet there new guests. The two of them had just come out of the kitchen with some plates of food and placed them on a long table with lots of other plates already on it.

     “Hi Jessica, Kirstin.” Chrissy said as she gave each of them a hug, just before Amy did the same.

     “Hello Chrissy, Amy.” Jessica said as she hugged them back. “This is a beautiful home you have.” Jessica added as she looked up at the house from the back.

     “It’s not a bad little place.” Chrissy giggled. “Have you met the rest of the family yet?” Chrissy asked as she looked at Jane.

     “Not yet, they’ve only just arrived.” Jane pointed out.

     “I have met your two daughters, and have to admit that they have their parent’s looks.” Jessica smiled as she looked over to where Lauren and Drusilla were still chasing each other around.

     “I trust that Jane told you about Drusilla?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes, I hope you don’t mind?” Jessica asked.

     “No, not at all, I said that she could.” Chrissy smiled as she looked at her daughters running around having fun. “I can see you have questions, and we can talk more later, but I better let Jane introduce you to the family you’ve not met yet.”

    Jessica and Kirstin watched Chrissy and Amy wander off into the house again, while Jane led them over to a table with an elderly lady, a man and a couple of younger women sat at it.

     “Hi Gran, I’ve brought Jessica and Kirstin over to meet you.” Jane smiled. “This is Mable, Mable, this is Jessica and Kirstin.” Jane said as she pointed at each of them in turn. “The others are Kim, David and my mother Prudence.” Jane added as she pointed to the others at the table.

     “Hello, it’s nice to meet you all.” Jessica said nervously, but she seemed to be focused more on the woman Jane called Prudence. Jessica wondered if this was the same Prudence she had an appointment with the next day. “Are you Dr Prudence Walker?” Jane asked.

     “Yes I am.” The woman smiled. “I have an appointment for you to see me tomorrow.” Prudence smiled. “Please don’t look so worried my dear, I’m not going to judge you or your life style.” She laughed.

    Before Jessica could say anything in response, she looked worriedly at the older woman Jane had called Mable, because she asked Jessica a question.

     “So you’re the one I need to blame for running up my phone bill...?” Mable frowned as she looked Jessica up and down.

     “I’m sorry...” Jessica stuttered out nervously as she looked at the ground in front of her, to afraid to look Mable in the eyes, but she did finally look up when she heard Mable chuckle.

     “She’s just teasing you Jess.” Jane said as she shot Mable a dirty look. “Gran....! Play nice...” Jane pouted as she playfully slapped Mable on the leg.

     “I’m sorry dear.” Mable smiled. “It is nice to finally meet you though. Jane never stops talking about you, so it’s nice to finally put a real face to the name.” Mable said.

     “Put a real face to the name...?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, Jane showed me pictures, but they are never as good as meeting the person for real.” Mable explained. “It did look like you were having fun in them though.” Mable added with a giggle

    Jessica remembered the set of photos Jane had a copy of from the last visit and the photo session she had done at the hotel with a professional photographer.

     “What photos are these?” Kirstin asked.

     “I had a set of professional photos taken the last time I was here.” Jessica explained to Kirstin.

     “Why have I never seen them?” Kirstin asked with hurt in her voice.

     “I’d forgotten all about them until just now.” Jessica said in her own defence.

     “I only have a set because Jessica was the first customer to let me do her hair and makeup.” Jane grinned. “Please don’t be angry with her for it.” Jane pleaded as she stepped over and wrapped her arms around Kirstin, while pouting at her.

     “I’m not angry with her Jane, but I will be bugging her to see them when we get home.” Kirstin grinned.

     “If you give me your email address, I can send you a copy of them.” Jane said excitedly.

    Kirstin pulled a pen and small note pad out her purse and quickly wrote down her details for Jane. Kirstin even added her cell phone number, which Jane was quick to add to her cell phone and then call Kirstin to make sure she’d done it right. Kirstin added Jane to her contacts.

     “Feel free to call me anytime you want, or you can’t get hold of Jessica.” Kirstin smiled.

     “Wonderful; someone else to help her run up my phone bill.” Mable said with a roll of her eyes as she tried to look annoyed with Jane, but Jane could see that Mable was trying not to smirk as she looked at her.

    Jane was just about to say something to Mable, but she let out a squeal as she was lifted up off the ground by her boyfriend Mark, who had sneaked up behind her. “Put me down you big brute...!” Jane shouted out as she playfully beat at his chest.

     “You know the magic words baby.” Mark laughed as he held Jane in his arms with her feet a foot off the ground.

     “Please put me down...?” Jane pouted.

     “Nope, try again.” Mark said sounding stubborn about it.

     “I love you...?” Jane asked with a grin.

     “Those were the magic words I wanted to hear.” Mark said as he placed Jane back on her feet and then leaned down for a kiss.

    Once Jane and Mark had finished kissing, the two of them showed Jessica and Kirstin around the rest of the family. Carl and Mandy had been showing Joan around, and they were soon all sat at the same table enjoying the barbecued food that Brad and Vic had been cooking. Jessica, Kirstin and Joan were all shocked to find out that Vic was also Vicky from the club, but they soon got over it and enjoyed the food and the company.

*****

    Kirstin was sat with Becky, Amber and Sara a little later in the afternoon watching Jessica throwing a Frisbee around with some of the children, as well as Jane, Chrissy and Amy.

     “You and Jessica look good together.” Becky said as she smiled at Chrissy having fun.

     “I really do love Jessica, even more than I think I ever loved Jonathon.” Kirstin sighed as she looked at Jessica lightly throwing the Frisbee to Drusilla.

     “I was the same when I first met Chrissy.” Becky admitted. “I was only into girls when I first met a boy called Chris, but something just kept telling me I loved him, then I found out he was transgendered and it all made perfect sense to me.” Becky was grinning like an idiot by this point.

     “Do you ever have any doubts about the two of you being together?” Kirstin asked.

     “Yes, at the very beginning, but that was before I understood what Chrissy was, but now I couldn’t live my life without her being there with me.” Becky said with a pleading in her voice.

     “I loved Jonathon because he wasn’t like other guys I’d dated, but the more macho he acted, the more I thought I was making a mistake staying with him, but then I bumped into him as Jessica, and I fell in love all over again.” Kirstin smiled, proud of them meeting up again. “I’m just worried that us being together is confusing her.” Jessica admitted with worry in her voice.

     “I think you’ll find that Jessica’s confusion goes a little deeper than it just being you.” Becky said. “Jessica has only been dressing this way for a short time, and she is still full of male hormones. Once she’s seen Prue tomorrow, and then Sarah the therapist, Jessica will have a better understanding of who she is, but please don’t ever think you are causing her any trouble, you’re the one stable thing she has in her life right now, other than Joan.” Becky explained.

     “Thanks for saying that Becky, it’s nice to talk with others like me.” Kirstin smiled.

     “Here’s a card with all my details on it, including my cell number.” Becky said as she handed Kirstin a business card. “Call me any time, if you need to talk to someone about anything.” Becky said with a warning in her voice.

    Kirstin was soon being given Sara and Amber’s details as well, so she could call and talk to them if she couldn’t get hold of Becky.

    Time got away from everyone, and soon they had a bunch of sleeping children scattered around the garden on blankets. Jessica, Kirstin and Joan all decided it was time for them to leave this family to get the children back inside.

    Dale was going to drive them back to the hotel on his way home. Joan was sat in the back with Jessica and Kirstin, due to Dale’s wife Diane being in the front.

    They thanked Dale for the lift once they were back at the hotel, and they waved to him and Diane as they drove away again.

    Once they were back in their suite, they all kicked off their shoes and opened a bottle of wine before they walked out onto the patio to watch the sun set.

*****


Chapter Twenty Eight: The Doctor Will See You Now

    Even though Jessica had met and spoken with Dr Prudence Walker the day before at the Barbecue, she was still nervous, and hadn’t had a very good night’s sleep the night before. Jessica was enjoying the swim, as it was forcing her to focus on matching Joan who was swimming one side of her, while Kirstin swam on the other. Kirstin wasn’t even trying to match their pace, she was happy to keep pace with herself, and just enjoy the exercise.

     “Is everything alright Jess?” Kirstin asked while they were eating breakfast out on the patio overlooking the city.

     “I’m fine.” Jessica smiled, but the look on her face said she was anything but alright.

     “Do you want to try that again, and actually make it look like you mean it?” Kirstin said sarcastically. “Are you worried about your meeting with Prudence?” Kirstin asked, already having a pretty good idea what the problem was.

     “I’m just worried that she might say I have to become Jonathon again.” Jessica admitted her worries. “I’ve come to realise that I hate everything about being him, and I don’t think I could cope with being a man again.” Jessica said, close to tears.

    Jessica’s mood wasn’t being helped by the fact Prue had asked her to remove her breast forms for the appointment, so Jessica was now wearing the forms loose in her bra, and not attached to her chest.

     “No one is going to make you become Jonathon again, not if you don’t want to.” Joan said, sounding just like a worried parent talking to their child. “No one, not even Prudence can stop you dressing, or starting on the medication.” Joan explained. “The worst they can do is refuse to give you their approval, and even then you could just go around them, not that I think they would do anything like that.”

     “I thought the real life test was to make sure this is what you really want.” Kirstin asked.

     “It is, and from what I’m seeing now, I don’t think we need to worry about you thinking you’ve made a mistake later down the line.” Joan grinned.

     “The only mistake was, it took me far too long to realise what was wrong with me.” Jessica admitted.

     “Amber and Sara told me that Amy and Cathy had the same worries when they started.” Kirstin informed Jessica.

     “What about Chrissy?” Jessica asked.

     “Chrissy was well on her way by the time Becky found out about her transition.” Kirstin shrugged.

     “It sounds like you had a good long chat with Becky and the others yesterday.” Jessica smiled; glad to see that Kirstin had someone to talk to about all this stuff she was getting into, with the whole transitioning subject.

     “I did, and it helped me to understand that what we have is very special.” Kirstin grinned.

     “Special in a good way I hope?” Jessica asked with a nervous laugh.

     “Yes...! I mean special in a good way.” Kirstin frowned as she slapped Jessica’s arm, just before she pulled Jessica closer and kissed her. “You’re not on your own with all this.”Kirstin said as she looked Jessica in the eyes. “Joan and I will be there to back you up every step of the way.” Kirstin looked over at Joan sat across from her as she said this, and Joan nodded her agreement.

     “I’m still scared, but it does feel better to know I have the two of you helping me through all this.” Jessica admitted.

     “Just hearing you say those words proves to me that you’ve already come a long way from the boy you once was.” Kirstin smiled. “Jonathon would never admit he was afraid of anything, even if he was.” Kirstin added.

     “Jonathon was an idiot.” Jessica smirked. “He let you get away, and was too proud to admit he never really wanted to be a man in the first place.” Jessica added.

     “I think Jessica is more fun to be around, so I’m glad you finally grew out of that tomboy faze.” Kirstin giggled as she rubbed her nose against Jessica’s while she looked her in the eyes.

*****

    Jayden was down in the lobby talking to a couple of guests when Jessica, Joan and Kirstin got down there, so they waited for Jayden to finish with them before they walked over to say good morning.

     “Good morning ladies, I hope you had a good time yesterday?” Jayden asked as she greeted each of them with a hug.

     “Yes, I had a wonderful time playing with the children, and meeting the rest of your family.” Jessica smiled.

     “Are you all set for your meeting with Prue?” Jayden asked when she saw the worry in Jessica’s eyes.

     “I’d be lying if I said I was.” Jessica admitted. “But it’s something I need to do.” Jessica added with a sigh.

     “You’ll do just fine honey.” Jayden said in a reassuring tone as she raised her hand and waved a man over. “These are the ladies I need you to drive over to Dr Walker’s surgery, Dean.” Jayden said to the man once he had reached the spot where they were stood.

    The man nodded his head as he waved for the three of them to follow him out to his car that was parked right outside the hotel waiting for them. Dean helped them all to get in the car before he got in himself and set off towards Dr Prudence Walker’s surgery.

    Jessica was so lost in thought as she looked out the window, that she jumped when Kirstin reached over and took hold of her hand. Jessica looked at Kirstin, and could see that she was just as worried about the appointment as Jessica was.

    Kirstin wanted to tell Jessica that everything would be alright, but she wasn’t going to start talking about Jessica’s transition in front of Dean, because she had no idea what the man driving the car already knew, or how he felt about it.

    Jessica gathered they must have arrived at the location when Dean parked the car on the road outside an old looking Victorian building and then got out. Dean opened the doors for them, and then he walked them to a small set of steps that led up to the Victorian building where Jessica noticed a brass plaque on the wall with Dr Prudence Walker wrote on it.

     “I’ll wait here with the car.” Dean informed them just before he turned around and returned to the car.

    Kirstin and Joan had to lead Jessica up the three stone steps to the front door of the building, where Kirstin pushed an intercom button and waited for someone to answer it.

     “Dr Walker’s surgery, how can I help you?” A female voice asked.

     “It’s Miss Jessica Phipps...” Kirstin informed the voice on the other end of the intercom.

     “Yes, please come right in.” The voice said, sounding much friendlier now, like she knew who they were.

    The door made a buzzing sound and then a click let them know the door was open, so Joan pushed it and then held it open while Kirstin pulled Jessica into the building.

    Once inside they followed the signs for the reception and soon understood why the female voice had sounded so friendly. The voice belonged to Kim, the woman that had been sat with Prue and Mable the day before at the barbecue.

     “Hi Jessica, Joan, Kirstin.” Kim said as she got up and walked around her desk to give them all a hug. “Don’t look so worried Jessica.” Kim said as she felt how frightened Jessica was.

     “I’m really not too fond of doctor’s surgeries.” Jessica admitted as she looked around the room they were now stood in. Jessica also had to admit that this place didn’t look much like any doctors surgery she’d ever been in before.

     “Jessica spent a lot of time in doctor’s surgeries while her mother was ill.” Kirstin explained to Kim.

     “I’m sorry to hear that.” Kim said as she looked at Joan, thinking that Kirstin was talking about her. “You look all well again now though.” Kim added.

     “Kirstin is talking about Jonathon’s mother, or my real mother to be precise.” Jessica started to explain. “She had cancer, and sadly it won in the end.” Jessica said with sorrow in her voice.

    Rather than say how sorry she was, Kim just pulled Jessica into another hug to let her know how sorry she was. Jessica had come to enjoy how close women could be, and she really did enjoy a good hug these days. Jessica felt like a small child when Kim hugged her though, because Kim was a tall Amazon of a woman, but was one of the friendliest women she had ever met.

    Kim told them all to take a seat and she went to make them all a drink while Prue was finishing up with another patient.

    Jessica had just finished her coffee when she saw a woman walk out of a door that Had Dr Prudence Walker’s name engraved on a brass plaque. The woman looked overly excited about something as she made her way over to Kim’s desk, where Kim was sat typing up the information Jessica had given her in the form of a six page information sheet.

     “How did it go Samantha?” Kim asked the woman.

     “Wonderful, Kim.” The woman grinned. “Prue says I can have the surgery just as soon as I can get an appointment.” The woman added with a squeal as she started jumping up and down, while clapping her hands together.

     “That’s great news Samantha.” Kim said as she got up and gave Samantha a hug.

    Jessica wondered what surgery this woman was talking about. Kim informed them that is was the sex reassignment surgery once Samantha had skipped out of the room.

     “Samantha’s lived full time for the past two and a half years.” Kim informed them. “She’s lost her wife and her two children though, but she said she couldn’t keep living a lie because it was going to kill her.” Kim added with a sigh.

    Jessica knew better than anyone just how Samantha felt, she too had come to realise that trying to carry on living a hollow life as a man called Jonathon was going to lead to her death, but thanks to her father’s secret, she had found out who she really was, and also won back the heart of the woman she loved. Jessica was snapped back to the present when Kirstin poked her in the side with her elbow.

     “Jessica...? The doctor will see you now.” Kim said once she saw that she now had Jessica’s full attention.

     “Sorry...” Jessica said as she got to her feet and made her way over to the door she’d just seen Samantha come out of minutes before.

    Jessica looked nervously at Kirstin and Joan, like she wanted them to go in with her, but Jessica already knew that Prue needed to see her alone, so she could run some tests.

    Prue was sat behind a large desk over near a window when Jessica entered the room. She got up from behind her desk and walked over to greet Jessica with a hug.

     “Hello Jessica. It’s lovely to see you again.” Prue said as they hugged.

     “Hello Dr Walker.” Jessica said nervously as she hugged Prue back.

     “Please call me Prue, and there’s no need to look so worried.” Prue laughed as she led Jessica over to a seat on the other side of the large desk.

     “I’m sorry Prue, but I just feel like you have my happiness in your hands at the minute.” Jessica said as she took the offered seat.

     “I’m not here to stop you becoming the woman you feel you should have been all your life Jessica.” Prue said as she sat back down facing Jessica. “I’m just here to help you do it the right way and also make sure this is what you want.” Prue explained.

     “Do you get many that realise they’re making a mistake?” Jessica asked.

     “I’ve had a couple that have realised they don’t want to go all the way and have the reassignment surgery, but that is what the two year real life test is for, to make sure you’re doing the right thing.” Prue smiled.

     “What do they do when they realise they don’t want the reassignment surgery?” Jessica asked.

     “Most carry on living as women, but are happy to remain male in that area.” Prue shrugged like it wasn’t a big issue.

     “Do you think I might be like that?” Jessica asked.

     “It’s a little early to tell yet, I will have to let you meet with Sarah, the therapist, and also see how you cope with being on the hormones.” Prue explained.

    Jessica was eager to get things started now she had taken that first step and was now sat in Prue’s office. “What do I need to do first then?” Jessica asked sounding eager to start taking the hormones that would make her look more like a woman, and hopefully grow her own breasts.

     “Did you remove your breast forms like I asked?” Prue said as she rose to her feet and walked around to help Jessica up out of her seat.

     “Yes I did, but it feels wrong to be out while not having them attached.” Jessica said as she stood up.

     “It won’t be long before you can return to the hotel and reattach them again.” Prue smiled as she led Jessica into another room that had an exam table and a screen for Jessica to get changed behind.

    Jessica went behind the screen and got changed before she lay on the exam table and let Prue look her over. Prue prodded and poked, and took some blood samples among other things before she said Jessica could get dressed again.

     “Please come back into my office when you’re dressed again.” Prue said just before she left the room and Jessica went to get dressed again.

*****

     Kirstin and Joan both got to their feet when they saw a smiling Jessica leave Prue’s office.

     “How did it go?” Kirstin asked.

     “It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but I can’t start on any form of medication until she’s had the test results back.” Jessica explained as she rubbed the spot on her arm where Prue had drawn some blood from.

     “We did warn you that you were worrying for nothing.” Kirstin smiled as she pulled the much more relaxed Jessica into a hug.

     “Yes you did...” Jessica agreed with a roll of her eyes. “Prue’s given me a letter to take to my GP, explaining what I’m going to be doing.” Jessica said when she saw Joan looking at the envelope in her hand.

     “Do you have a local GP?” Joan asked.

     “No, but Prue gave me a couple of names for doctors in our area that she trusts.” Jessica grinned.

     “Are you ready to go back to the hotel now then?” Kirstin asked.

     “Yes...! I want to attach these forms properly.” Jessica said as she fidgeted around. She found it an odd feeling to have the breast forms just sat in her bra cups like they were.

    Jessica, Kirstin and Joan all thanked Kim for the coffee before they left the surgery. Dean was quick to get out the car and open the doors for them, before he got back in and returned them to the hotel. Jessica’s appointment with the therapist wasn’t until later in the afternoon, so they were going to have something to eat in the restaurant before they went.

*****

    Jessica waved to Kara as they entered the hotel lobby after Dean dropped them off. Kara was just making her way out of the hotel with a client from the changing service at her side, or that’s what Jessica thought, but it was hard to tell because the woman looked very convincing all apart from the nervous look she had about being out in public.

    Jayden was busy talking to another couple, so Jessica gave her a wave as well, as she made her way through the lobby and headed for the changing service, so Cathy or Jane could help her attach her breast forms again. Jessica thought about going up to the suite and doing it herself, but she thought this would give her an excuse to spend a little more time with Jane. Kirstin and Joan were tagging along for the fun of it, as they both loved spending time with Jane as well.

    Jane was working on some wigs when Jessica entered the main changing room, so Jane was quickly running over to Jessica, so she could find out how Jessica’s appointment had gone with Prue.

     “Hey girlfriend...! How was the appointment?” Jane asked as she threw her arms around Jessica and hugged her.

    Jessica told Jane all about the tests and the long chat she had with Prue about how things would go from this point. Jane already knew most of it, due to her going through the same thing. Whereas Jane was at the other end of her two year real life test though, she felt sorry for Jessica just starting hers.

     “At times it will seem to fly by, but at others it will feel like you will never get to where you want to be.” Jane said with sadness in her voice as she hugged Jessica again.

     “I already feel that way.” Jessica sighed. “Could you help me reattach my breast forms?” Jessica asked with some pleading in her voice.

     “Yes...! You poor thing...!” Jane said as she grabbed hold of Jessica’s hand and dragged her into a side room and helped her to slip off her blouse and bra.

    Jessica could have done it herself, but she liked the way Jane got excited about helping her, so she was happy to lay back and let Jane work her magic. Jessica was soon being helped up again, but now she had her breasts back, and she felt more like herself again, and a little less like Jonathon.

     “Thanks Jane.” Jessica smiled as she slipped her bra back on, and found it felt much better now it wasn’t supporting the full weight of the forms like it had been doing all morning.

     “You’re welcome girlfriend.” Jane smiled back as she handed Jessica her blouse back so she could get dressed again.

     “We were just about to grab a bite to eat in the restaurant; do you want to join us?” Jessica asked.

     “I’d love to.” Jane grinned. “I was about to take my lunch break anyway.” She added excitedly.

    Jessica finished getting dressed again, but feeling much more like herself now she had her breasts back. Once Jessica was dressed, the two of them left the room and found Joan and Kirstin stood talking to Cathy and another woman that worked in the changing service.

     “Feel any better now baby?” Kirstin asked as she wrapped her arms around Jessica and looked deep into her eyes.

     “Yes, much better.” Jessica smiled as she looked back into Kirstin’s eyes. “I hope neither of you mind, but I’ve asked Jane to join us for lunch?” Jessica asked as she looked at Joan, and then back at Kirstin.

     “I’m not sure I’m that hungry, but I think I could manage an arm.” Joan laughed as she picked up one of Jane’s arms and pretended to bite it.

     “Hey...!” Jane squealed as she pulled her arm away and ran behind Cathy. “Jess didn’t mean you have me for lunch...!” Jane added with a pout as she looked over Cathy’s shoulder, who she was now using as a shield.

     “That’s a pity; you look so tasty as well.” Joan sighed, just before she started laughing again.

    Joan and Kirstin both said they would love to enjoy a meal with Jane, and Cathy was fine with letting Jane take her lunch break with the three of them, so they left the changing service rooms and made their way back out into the lobby and then the restaurant.

*****

     “Are you going to see Sarah the therapist this afternoon?” Jane asked as they enjoyed their meal.

     “Yes, I’ll soon have the official word that I’m totally nuts.” Jessica laughed nervously as she tried to hide how scared she was about meeting a psychiatrist.

     “Sarah isn’t like that.” Jane argued. “She just helps you understand who you are, she did wonders for me.” Jane admitted.

     “So you weren’t scared then, when you went to see this Sarah for the first time?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, scared to death.” Jane blushed. “Chrissy and Amy had to come with me, just to get me up to Sarah’s office.” Jane giggled as she remembered. “But it was foolish of me to be worried, and you will think so as well, once you’ve met her.” Jane promised.

     Even with Jane’s words, Jessica was still worried about meeting this Sarah and letting her poke around inside her head. Jessica was soon laughing again though, as Jane told her some stories of things she’d done since meeting Chrissy and Amy.

    The meal seemed to end too soon for Jessica, and she was soon making her way out of the restaurant and saying good bye to Jane, so Jane could get back to work, and Jessica could let a car from the hotel take her, Kirstin and Joan over to the therapist’s office.

     “I was hoping that we could get together in the hotel bar this evening, after I finish work?” Jane asked as she gave a worried Jessica a hug. “I know that you’re heading back home tomorrow, and I would love to spend a little more time together before you all leave.” Jane added looking hopeful.

     “I’d really like that.” Jessica said as she hugged Jane back, glad to have a friend like her to talk to.

     “Until later then...” Jane grinned just before she spun around and ran off in the direction of the changing service rooms.

    With Kirstin one side and Joan the other, Jessica was led over to where Jayden was stood talking to Kara. They both stopped when they saw the three of them wandering over to them.

     “Are you alright Jessica?” Jayden asked looking worried when she saw how nervous Jessica looked.

     “She’s worried about meeting this therapist she has an appointment with this afternoon.” Joan said before Jessica could say a word.

     “You don’t need to be sweetie.” Jayden smiled. “Sarah is a sweetheart, and Maggie will have you giggling, she’s even loopier than Jane is.” Jayden giggled.

     “Is that even possible?” Kirstin asked.

     “I now it’s hard to believe, but Maggie can make the saddest person want to laugh, just with a smile.” Jayden giggled.

    Jayden was soon calling Dean over, and he walked Jessica, Joan and Kirstin out to his car and then drove them over to the place Sarah the therapist worked from.

*****

    Joan had a business card that Prue had given her the day before, so she led the way when Dean dropped them off outside a tall modern looking office building. Kirstin was left to hold Jessica’s hand, and to stop her making a run for it before they entered the building.

     “Why do you seem more nervous about coming to see this therapist than you did going to see the doctor this morning?” Kirstin asked as she slipped her arm through Jessica’s so she had a better grip on her.

     “I knew where the doctor was coming from, and what to expect, but this is a head doctor, they live to catch you out with the simplest question.” Jessica explained, sounding a little crazy in the process.

     “I don’t think she will want to catch you out.” Kirstin giggled at just how silly Jessica was being. “She just wants to help you make sure this is what you really want.” Kirstin added, sounding more serious this time.

     “What if she tells me this is not who I really am?” Jessica asked.

     “Do you feel like this isn’t the real you?” Kirstin asked as she stopped walking and looked Jessica in the eyes. “Do you feel like Jonathon in a dress, just pretending to be a woman?” Kirstin whispered as she looked around to make sure they weren’t overheard by anyone.

     “No...!” Jessica snapped, a little too loud and had a number of people look at her and then Kirstin before they carried on walking, or talking to the person they were with.

     “Just take a couple of deep breaths and let’s get you up to this shrinks office, so you can see that she’s not going to force you to become Jonathon again.” Kirstin said as she started walking again, and taking Jessica with her.

    Joan spoke to a woman behind a desk, and she pointed them in the direction of the elevators and told Joan what floor she needed to get off on. They had the elevator to themselves, which Jessica was glad about, because it meant she could cuddle up to Kirstin until they were joined by a couple of men. Jessica and Kirstin stepped apart, but they still held each other’s hand until they reached the floor they needed and stepped out of the elevator again.

    The three of them could see where they needed to go when they saw a large set of glass doors with the therapists name on them. Jessica was a little reluctant to enter the office, so Kirstin had to give her a good tug before she finally entered the room where a red head was sat behind a large desk smiling at them.

     “Good afternoon...!” The red head said happily. “I take it one of you must be Jessica Phipps? I’m Maggie.” The red head grinned as she stood up and stepped around the desk to give them all a hug.

     “Hello, I’m Jessica.” Jessica said sounding nervous still as she let Maggie hug her.

     “Don’t look so worried, Sarah won’t bite.” Maggie grinned. “She’s just finishing up with another patient at the minute, so please take a seat over there, and I’ll sort you all out with a cup of tea.” Maggie said as she led them over to some sofa’s and helped them all to take a seat before she wandered off into what Jessica thought to be a small kitchen.

    Maggie returned a little later with a tray of drinks for the three of them. Jessica was reminded of her own job with Joan, and how important she thought it to be, and if Maggie felt the same way about her job here with Sarah.

    Jessica nervously drank her cup of tea while she waited for Sarah to finish with her other client. Jessica smiled at a young woman as she stepped into the room from a set of double doors on the other side to the entrance, and she made her way over to where Maggie was sat, and made an appointment to come back again in a couple of weeks. The woman spoke in a soft voice, and Jessica wondered if the woman was like her. Jessica couldn’t tell by looking at the woman, but then she didn’t look much like a man in a dress either at the minute. Jessica watched the woman walk out of the office, and then let out a little squeal when Kirstin had to poke her in the side with her elbow because again because she’d missed Maggie telling her that she could go in and see Sarah now.

     “Sarah will see you now.” Maggie repeated with a smile.

    Jessica got to her feet and looked at Kirstin and Joan with hope in her eyes that they would go with her, but they both knew that Sarah needed to speak with Jessica, and not them, so they just smiled in a way that let Jessica know they would be waiting for her when she returned.

     “Please come in...!” Jessica heard a female voice say when she knocked on the door.

    Jessica opened the door and poked her head in to see where the woman was, and she saw her sat behind a large desk writing down some notes. The woman stopped when she saw Jessica and rose to her feet with a smile on her face.

     “Hello...” Jessica said nervously. “I’m Jessica.” She informed the woman.

     “Hello Jessica, I’m Sarah.” The woman smiled as she stepped around the desk and reached out to shake Jessica’s hand. “Let’s take a seat over here and get to know each other a little better.” Sarah added as she led Jessica over to a large sofa and helped her to take a seat.

    Jessica looked around the room expecting to see someplace for her to lie down and spill all her deepest secrets, but it just looked like any normal office, in fact it looked a lot like Joan’s office back home, just a lot cleaner, due to there not being piles of folders everywhere like Joan had scattered around her office.

     “I don’t have a couch for you to lie on, if that’s what you’re looking for.” Sarah laughed. “I find it easier to talk like this.” Sara started to explain. “This is more like two friends having a chat, and I find my clients are more willing to open up to me this way.”

     “So you can find out just how crazy I am?” Jessica asked with a nervous laugh of her own.

     “Do you feel like you’re crazy...?” Sarah asked looking serious for a couple of seconds before she started to smirk at the confused look on Jessica’s face. “I’m just teasing you.” Sarah laughed some more. “I’m not here to try and trip you up Jessica, I just need you to explain to me why you feel this is the right path for you, and what brought you to this point in your life.”

    Jessica was still a little nervous to begin with, but she was soon spilling everything to Sarah, who just sat and listening for the most part, but she did push Jessica to carry on when she felt that Jessica was brushing over parts of her story. Jessica was shocked when she realised that a couple of hours had passed by the time she finished explaining the reason for her being sat in Sarah’s office wanting to transition. Jessica had also gone through half a box of tissues by this point, and she felt drained, but calm as though she’d got a large weight off her chest.

     “How do you feel now you’ve gotten all that out in the open?” Sara asked.

     “I feel much calmer with myself.” Jessica admitted after giving it some thought.

     “Do you feel like you’ve learned something about yourself?” Sarah asked.

     “Not so much learned, but I do understand myself a little better, well the part of me that’s Jessica.” Jessica giggled. “So do you think I’ll become Jessica for real then?” She asked.

     “That is for you to decide Jessica, but I would say you already have become Jessica looking at you.” Sarah smiled as she looked at the young woman sat next to her playing with the remains of a tissue. “No one can say whether or not you can transition and have the surgery to make you feel complete, we are all just here to make sure you realise this is what you want to do.” Sarah explained.

     “I’ve never felt more alive than I do right now, looking like this.” Jessica said as she looked down at her hands clasped together in her lap.

     “Normally I would ask to see Jonathon and speak with him, but I don’t think I need to in your case.” Sarah said as she raised her hands when she saw that Jessica was about to argue the point with her. “I can tell by the way you just spoke about him, that you don’t like to be him, so I won’t ask you to suffer him for me.” Sarah added.

    Jessica was glad about that, because she had no plans of ever letting Jonathon see the light of day again and the sooner she was free of anything that would remind her of him, the better she would feel about it.

    Even thought Jessica would be seeing a doctor local to where she was living, Sarah was going to keep seeing Jessica as her psychologist, it would just mean Jessica would need to come down to London once a month to see her. This didn’t bother Jessica, because it meant she would get to see more of Jane and the others.

     “I look forward to talking more in a month’s time then.” Sarah said at the end of Jessica’s fist session.

     “Thanks for listening to me babble on.” Jessica said with a little nervous laugh at the end.

     “That’s what I get paid for.” Sarah smiled as she walked Jessica to the office door. “I know this first session might have left you feeling confused, but please don’t let it worry you too much.” Sara added. “We need to get everything out in the open to help you make the right choice when the time is right.”

*****

    Kirstin jumped up when she saw Jessica walk back out into the reception area. “Are you alright?” She asked looking worried.

     “I think I will be one day.” Jessica said with a sad smile, but Kirstin could tell that Jessica had something on her mind, but she wasn’t willing to speak about it at the minute, so Kirstin just threw her arms around Jessica and hugged her.

    Jessica enjoyed the hug for a couple of seconds before she broke it and then went over to Maggie and sorted out an appointment for roughly a month’s time before the three of them left.

     “It was nice meeting you Maggie.” Jessica said once they had sorted out the appointment.

     “The pleasure was all mine Jessica.” Maggie smiled back.

     “I’ll see you in a month’s time then.” Jessica said as she held up the card Maggie had just wrote the next appointment date on.

     “I look forward to it.” Maggie giggled. “Have a safe trip home...!” Maggie added as Jessica, Kirstin and Joan left the office.

    Kirstin tried to make some small talk with Jessica on the way back to the hotel, but she soon gave up when she saw that Jessica didn’t want to speak while in a car with Dean driving them.

     “What’s wrong baby?” Kirstin finally asked once they were back in their penthouse at the hotel. “You’re scaring me.” Kirstin added as she led Jessica over to one of the sofa’s in the living room.

    Jessica just looked at Kirstin with tears in her eyes as she tried to work out the way to ask the question she had on the tip of her tongue. “Why do you want to be with me...?” She finally asked. “Sarah made me realise that I’ve never been a nice person, so why the hell did you ever want to be with me?” Jessica added, looking confused.

     “Because I love you silly” Kirstin smiled as she pulled a now sobbing Jessica into her arms and held her while she sobbed. “I won’t lie and say that I didn’t hate Jonathon some of the time, but there was a part of you that I always saw, and that is what I fell in love with.” Kirstin went on to explain while she held Jessica in her arms.

     “Do you think I’ll ever lose you again?” Jessica asked when she finally got her sobbing under control. “What happens if I find out this isn’t the real me, and I have to become him again?” “Jessica added the ‘him’ like it was poison in her mouth.

     “I’d love him just as much as I love you, but I already know that Jonathon won’t be showing his face again.” Kirstin sounded sure she was right on that one. “I don’t think anyone could make you become Jonathon again.” Kirstin added with a giggle.

    Jessica felt better hearing Kirstin say that, and she went to her room to lie down for a while, as she felt drained after talking to Sarah for so long, and pouring out her soul.

*****

    Jessica could hear laughter when she woke a little later in the evening, and she found Kirstin and Joan sat on the sofas in the living area talking to Jane when she entered the room.

     “Hi Jane...” Jessica smiled, glad to see her friend up in the penthouse.

     “Hey girlfriend...!” Jane shouted back as she jumped up off the sofa and ran over to where Jessica was stood. “Kirstin called me and said how the session went, and we decided it would be best if I came up here, instead of meeting down in the hotel bar.” Jane added with a pout.

     “Thanks for that.” Jessica said with a weak smile. “I really don’t feel up to being around a large crowd right now.” Jessica agreed.

     “We’re going to order some room service and eat up here, so we can take in the view one last time.” Joan said as she watched Jane guide Jessica over to the sofa Kirstin was sat on, and she helped Jessica to sit down before Jane went to join Joan on the other one.

    Jane had brought a couple of bottles of wine up to the penthouse with her, and they were soon enjoying a glass while Jane told Jessica and the others about her first couple of visits to Sarah. Jessica felt a little better when she heard Jane saying the same things she was feeling at that very minute.

     “I know it’s not easy looking at yourself in the cold light of day Jessica, but it will help you understand who you really are, and I’ve never been happier than I am now I know I’m on the right path.” Jane said after she’d finished telling her story.

     “I just feel so ashamed of Jonathon now I’ve realised what he was doing.” Jessica said, referring to herself in the third person.

     “I came to think of my old self as a brother, it helped me to move on and be happy with whom I am today.” Jane grinned.

     “I think I’ve been doing that myself, because I refer to Jonathon as another person.” Jessica agreed with a giggle.

     “I’m glad that you decided to try something new.” Kirstin purred as she cuddled up to Jessica.

     “I do still wonder why you ever put up with me.” Jessica asked as she enjoyed the hug.

     “Maybe I saw this part of you before you ever realised it was there.” Kirstin shrugged like she wasn’t bothered about any of the details behind her love for Jonathon, or even greater love for Jessica. “I just love you as a person.” Kirstin added as she leaned over and kissed Jessica on the lips.

    Joan ordered room service for them all, and they were soon sat out on the patio enjoying the view, and some excellent food.

    Jessica felt much better by the time they finished, and it was time for Jane to leave, because she’d had a call to let her know that her boyfriend Mark was waiting down in the lobby for her. Jessica was sad about having to leave the next day, because she really did like spending time with Jane, but Jessica was also looking forward to getting home and seeing Debbie back at work again.

     “Thank you for joining us this evening Jane.” Jessica said as she gave her a hug. “It really helped me deal with my feelings.” Jessica admitted.

     “You’re far from being the first to deal with all this, and I’m always just a call away.” Jane smiled as she hugged Jessica back, out at the elevator. “If for any reason you can’t ever get me on the phone, call Cathy, Chrissy or Amy. They will be able to talk you through whatever it is troubling you.” Jane added with a warning in her voice for Jessica not to argue with her.

     “I promise.” Jessica giggled, not being able to take Jane serious.

     “If I don’t see you all before you leave tomorrow, have a save trip home, and I want a call to let me know you got home safe.” Jane said as she hugged first Joan and then Kirstin.

     “I promise to make sure she calls you Jane.” Kirstin grinned as she hugged Jane back. Kirstin was glad Jessica had a friend like Jane.

    The three of them waved to Jane as the elevator doors closed, and then they all returned to their penthouse to get ready for bed.

    Jessica thought she’d have trouble finding sleep after sleeping earlier in the day, but she was soon fast asleep cuddled up to Kirstin.

*****

    Jane was busy the next day when Jessica was ready to leave, so she never got another chance to say goodbye, but Jessica knew she would speak to Jane later in the day, so the three of them left the hotel after Jessica asked Jayden to give Jane a hug for her.

    Jessica was soon on the train heading home with Kirstin at her side, and Joan sat facing her reading a book. Jessica smiled as she realised she was making the right choices with her life, and she was looking forward to getting back to work and looking after Joan and Debbie, just like a good PA should.

*****

 

To Be Continued Next Friday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

    Authors Note: Cathy, Jane and all the others that Jessica and Joan meet while down in London, are all characters I wrote about in my; You Have it all Wrong series. Even thought you don’t hear about Jane’s story until book four ‘You have it all Wrong Four, the Kids Story’ the time line for this story is set between book three and book four. So to find out more about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and how they all became the women they are in this story, you will need to go back and read them.

    Hugs

    SaraUK

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Always a treat to read

another chapter in the YHIAWverse. Getting sorted about who you are will always make things better for everybody.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It really is a long road

I think the 2 year rule nowadays is considered a guideline only. It can take longer or shorter.

Jessica should have a pretty firm idea in a year at most based on how she is presented here.

Kim

Those first appointments are

Those first appointments are always the worst, not knowing what to expect. Even friends advice and assurances never alleviate the nerves, I had no one there with me my first sessions.

In regards what Kimmie said, my RLT lasted only 1 year before I got approval, part of the reason though was my psyc counted the time I did RLT when I was 17 even though the second time I was mid 20's.

Great stuff, looking forward to more

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

RLT

I have no desire to get to the RLT point in my life, but I so enjoy episodes such as this one that go deeper into why reaching that point (RLT)with a psychologists' approval is so important.

Those stories , and especially this episode, have helped me in understand who and what I am. I appreciate that very much.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm