The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 5 New Beginnings Ch. 02

Printer-friendly version

New Beginnings
Chapter 2

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


Charleston-SC-ferry.jpg
rowboat.jpg
eastern-tiger-swallowtail.jpg

The list of characters mentioned in this story belong to the various authors that created them. This is a fan-fiction story.

~~~000~~~

We all enjoy the weekend very much. Brianna and I walked the trails nearby. Of course we were escorted by our fairies and some of King Oren’s fairy troop. We also get escorted by some of the wild animals in the area like the bear, the panther, several birds, and deer. At one point we stopped by a large boulder near the trail. The fairies would bring us several nuts and blackberries fresh from the forest to munch on. After being on the trail for an hour, we hiked back to our cabin. The wild animals returned back into the forest. Our fairies returned back into the cabin with us.

I contacted the Wilkerson family and let them know we’ll be leaving Sunday morning for Charleston. They said they’ll drop by the cabin and pick up any food that could spoil. We did tell them, we’ll make plans to be here again next year in May for two weeks.

Sunday comes too soon for us. We get our luggage and clothes boxes all packed up. I bring the other cave stone carving with me. We have a light breakfast in the cabin. We say our goodbyes to King Oren and Queen White Dove and their fairy troop. They will see us again from time to time. We get the car packed up. Especially with a box of potted plants and herbs. Everyone is sitting comfortably in the car. I turn off the lights and the power to the cabin. I lock up the cabin one more time. On the way out, I stop by the mayor’s office. We inform the police that we are leaving for Charleston.

They wish us well that we will have a great marriage together. We get back into the car and I drive off to Charleston, SC. It takes several hours to arrive there. I stop by the apartment complex in Charleston. It is the same apartment that I have used in the past. I get the apartment loaded up with my luggage.

“I’ll be seeing you as often as I can, Richard. We might have to alternate our visits with each other.”

“Yes we will, Brianna. Now be careful, Lavan, Bianca, White Acacia and White Rose. Listen to Brianna. There will be times you’ll have to be in butterfly mode when you are seen by other people on the island. You can definitely be fairies in Brianna’s own room there.”

“We’ll be wary father, mother, Omega. Bianca and I can show them the island.”

“That might be true, Lavan. If you visit that gator hole, you will have to take a good bath afterwards. Speaking of which, Brianna. You’ll have to set up a bowl, flower scented soap, towels, a curtain for privacy.”

“Well then, you’ll just have to make another shower setup for them, Richard.”

“All right, I’ll do it. Its not hard to make. I’ll need to stop by the arts and crafts store and an antique store.” Amber, Cobalt, Tiger and Tigress come with me while the rest stay with Brianna at the apartment. It takes about an hour to find and purchase the items. I purchased another water skin bottle, a tube, a plastic cap for the end of the tube. I also purchase some water proof fabric with flower prints on it and some eye-loop grommets. I also find some plastic sticks with corner pieces there as well. They remind me of what I used to play with when I was five. I purchase a decorative bowl from the antique store. The fairies are pleased with what I found and purchased. I go to the trunk of my car and get the tool box out. I quickly put the grommets on the fabric. I also punch in several small holes in the plastic cap. I put it all away back into the bags. I drive back to the apartment.

When I get in the apartment, I show Brianna and the fairies how it is put together.

“That’s great, father, mother, Omega. Thank you very much.”

“Will I be able to refill the water skin bottle by magic, Richard?”

“You’ll be able to, Brianna. It is because you have been on Twainor. Also, all of us can do the air and water bending when we need to.”

“Hmm . . . that’s right, Richard.”

We all go together with Brianna on the ferry to the Rescue Mission. The staff and the ladies are pleased we are back from the honeymoon trips. I return back to the apartment complex with my own fairies. I quickly drive to the local food markets to purchase what I need to eat. Once it is all put away into the fridge, I make sure there are bowls of nuts and dried fruit available for the fairies to eat at any time.

We watch the news together, then we get ready for bed. I set the alarm for six in the morning. Once we are in bed and fast asleep, we get a strange dream during the night. We see a row boat with a single rower. He is coming from the ocean to the East. We don’t see any ship on the horizon.

We wake up in the morning when the alarm sounds out loud, “BZZZZ . . ..!!”

I reach over and turn it off. “That was a strange dream last night, fairies.”

“Yes, it was, father. Hopefully it will make sense while we are here for the month.”

We get ourselves ready for the day. I eat a bowl of cereal with milk and orange juice. I make my lunch for the day. The fairies flutter down to the car in butterfly mode and get inside the car. I drive to our manufacturing office in Charleston. Once I park in the parking lot and open the door. The fairies flutter out to check the area out. They see a lot of flowers in bloom in the quad area of the complex. I walk into the building to begin my day. I greet the people there that I haven’t seen for some time.

“So, Randy, are you having any problems with the designs?”

“Not really, Richard. You do need to set up the hard drives that will contain the library for the virus forms. Also, you will need to set up the information and help files for references.”

“Okay, Randy, I’ll be glad to do that while I’m here.”

I walk to an empty cubicle in the engineering staff room. Along the way, I pick up several empty hard drives from a table. I sit down to begin the day. I go to our network and copy the virus forms onto the empty hard drives. That takes about two hours to do. That’s the easy one to do. After lunch, I’ll be tackling the information and help files. They have to be structured with key words so the information can be found quickly. I walk to the break room to retrieve my lunch bag. I walk outside to the bench sitting area under the trees. My fairies quickly flutter to me and hang around the tree and the picnic table. We enjoy our small talk among ourselves.

After lunch, I walk back into the complex. I start on the information files and get them organized. Then from that, I create the help file directories and the key words for the search engine. I knew I wouldn’t get done by 4 PM. It is a three day process to get everything connected together. Not only that, I have to test the help search engine to make sure it is finding the correct piece of information quickly.

At 4 PM, I clock out to begin my training at the local dojo. The fairies quickly follow me from the quad area and into the car. I drive to the local dojo to find Qiang and Sensei Chou waiting for me.

“The first animal to learn is the lizard. It is a quick reptile with the feet movement. But, for now, you must find a way to get connected to the Earth bending element. We are going outside the dojo. There is a worn path in the ground nearby.”

The three of us walk outside of the dojo. In the backyard of the dojo, we see a worn path in the ground.

“The first thing you must do, is to use the seismic touch. You are reaching out and sending vibrations in the ground. The information that comes back reflected will let you know where each object is located in your mind.”

I reach down and touch the ground. I feel nothing. Then I realize I must send a vibration into the ground. I concentrate on my hand to have it vibrate while I’m reaching to the ground to touch it. As soon as I touch the ground, I see a lot of objects in my mind.

“Did you do it, Richard/”

“I received a lot information, Qiang.”

“Yes, it will take time to sort out what is important or not. Also, you need to visualize those returns in your mind.”

I do this again for another hour. Slowly, I begin to discern what is important or not. I quickly determine where Qiang and Sensei Chou are when I can’t see them. They even blindfold me to make sure I’m doing it right.

For the next hour, they start to toughen up my body some more. They take light bamboo sticks and start hitting me all over the body. They will have me progress to heavier bamboo sticks by the end of the month.

After the beating, I get changed back into my regular clothes, I drive back to the apartment complex. My body starts to feel a bit sore from the hitting. I take an aspirin so that I can sleep better during the night. The fairies know they can’t heal me like before. They know I must grin and bear it as the body heals itself.

During the night, we get the same dream as before. This time, we see it is actually three sailors in the row boat. However, they appear like ghosts to us. They are pale in skin complection. They bring the row boat ashore on to the main land in Charleston. One of them gets out and walks toward his destination.

He is walking toward the apartment complex where I am staying!! He is walking up the stairs and pauses at my door. He knocks on the door, “Knock! Knock! . . .” “Mr. Moore! Are you in there?” “Knock! Knock! . . .”

I wake up from the dream groggily We all hear the knocking on the door. I get out of bed and walk to the front door. Tiger flutters to me and sits on my shoulder. I turn on the light and see the same sailor through the peep hole. I open the door to greet him.

“I’m sorry for the late night rendezvous, Mr. Moore. You are cordially invited to board the Queen Anne’s Revenge at sea. Captain Will Turner has orders from the Creator to take you, your wife and your fairies with you.” He hands me a formal invitation card. I look at the script, I see it is handwritten with flowing letters.

“When will this take place, sailor? How will I get out there?”

“You are to take a quick boat ride with the same boat captain when you visited Leviathan.”

“Am I going to see Leviathan?”

“Not this time, Mr. Moore. This is for something else entirely. Your family we’ll be back within the hour.”

“All right, it’s a mystery then.”

“Yes it is, sir. I look forward in seeing you all on board at the next new moon.”

“I see, it is the next new moon. I’ll call and make the plans, sailor.”

“Thank you, sir.”

He turns around and leaves the apartment complex. I close the door. I put the invitation on the dining table. I look at the invitation again, but this time I’m looking at it upside down. I see a hidden script within the ship’s name. I see the name, The Flying Dutchman.

“I remember that story and the movie series, Tiger. We need to find when the next new moon will be in June. I think it will happen soon. From what I have read, Will Turner did live out his life with Elizabeth and their son. We’ll have to ask him why he is back on the Flying Dutchman.”

“I think you’re right father.”

We all go back to bed. It is 3 AM in the morning!!

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hello BC Sci-Fi Fans!!!

Hello BC Sci-Fi Fans!!!

Well, I have a mystery developing here to start off with. Where will they go and it can be done within the hour? I have read that Will Turner did leave the Flying Dutchman to raise his family. So, I will give a plausible answer when they meet at the Gulf Stream.

Just to let you know, the next New Moon for June 2105 is June 12 or so. So, they have about ten days to make plans for this boat trip.

Well, take care until next time.
Rachel

Is 'The Flying Dutchman' a

modern ship, or from the past? Is there a crew? If not, is the ship living in any form? Does is sail into oter realms or worlds?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine