My Fathers Secret Part 09

Printer-friendly version


 © March 2013


Chapter Nineteen: Babysitting

    Jessica was busy typing up some papers on the Monday afternoon at the office when her cell phone started buzzing in her purse, so she got it out and saw it was Kirstin calling her.

     “Hello beautiful.” Jessica smiled.

     “Hi...” Kirstin giggled on the other end. “How’s your day going so far?” Kirstin asked.

     “Better now I’m talking to you.” Jessica replied. “Joan had a crappy meeting this morning, and she’s been in a foul mood ever since.” Jessica whispered.

     “Sorry to hear that baby.” Kirstin said with a pout in her voice. “I hope this cheers you up then. I’ve managed to work it so I get the Friday to the following Friday off over the next bank holiday.”

     “That’s wonderful...!” Jessica squealed. This meant they could take a trip to London and see Jane and the others. “I’ll give Jane a call and get her to sort out the hotel for us.” Jessica added.

     “I better not keep you on the phone if your boss is on the war path.” Kirstin said. “Talk to you later baby, love you.” Kirstin giggled.

     “Love you more.” Jessica said as she blew kisses down the phone.

     “Bye...” Kirstin said before ending the call.

    Jessica looked at her phone and smiled as she looked at the picture she had on it of Kirstin smiling. Jessica had taken the photo while they were out on Sunday and saved it as her wallpaper on her phone, so she could look at Kirstin whenever she wanted to. Jessica had to hide her cell phone when Joan came bursting out her office.

     “What were you just shouting about...?” Joan snapped as she looked around the office trying to see what had Jessica so excited.

     “I was having trouble with the computer, but I fixed it and saved the file I was working on.” Jessica lied as she pointed at the screen nervously.

     “Well keep the noise down, and make me a hot chocolate.” Joan ordered before she stormed off back into her office, but she stopped in the doorway and turned back towards a shocked looking Jessica. “Please...” she smiled before going in and closing the door.

    Joan only ever asked for hot chocolate when it was that time of the month for her, and she didn’t swim either, which didn’t help her mood much. Jessica went into the small kitchen and set to work making Joan a hot chocolate. She made herself one, but decided to drink it at her desk rather than joining Joan in her office.

    Jessica knocked on the door and then waited for Joan to say she could enter, Jessica entered the office and walked over to Joan at her desk and placed the mug down on a coaster.

     “I’m sorry for keeping you waiting ma’am.” Jessica said trying to keep everything business between them.

     “Are you not going to join me?” Joan asked looking disappointed that Jessica hadn’t brought a mug in for herself. “And what’s with the ma’am stuff?”

     “You don’t seem to be in the best of moods mother, and I didn’t want to upset you any more than you already are.” Jessica said nervously.

     “I’m sorry sweetie, but I’m not feeing one hundred percent, and that meeting this morning could have gone better.” Joan sighed as she fell back in her chair. “Please join me for a drink.” She pleaded.

     “Yes mother.” Jessica smiled as she ran off to get her hot chocolate.

     “What were you really squealing about out there just now?” Joan asked with a smirk as they sat enjoying their hot chocolate.

     “Kirstin called me and said she’s managed to get the time off, so we can all go to London for a long weekend over the next bank holiday.” Jessica said looking a little sheepish over the fact Joan knew she’d been lying. “Sorry I lied to you mother.”

     “I don’t blame you for lying, not when I’m in a bad mood anyway.” Joan smiled. “You can snap back when I get like this, Debbie always did.” Joan giggled.

     “I wouldn’t feel right shouting at you.” Jessica said.

     “You didn’t seem to mind the other week after bumping into Kirstin.” Joan smirked.

     “I wasn’t thinking straight when I did that.” Jessica blushed.

     “Please don’t worry about me firing you or anything silly like that if you ever do shout at me, I can be a little stroppy at some times of the month.” Joan said sounding cryptic.

     “I’ll try to mother.” Jessica smiled.

     “So have you called Jane yet and asked her to sort out a booking at the hotel?” Joan asked trying to move past her bad mood from earlier.

     “No, not yet, some angry woman demanded that I make her a drink.” Jessica smirked.

     “The bitch...” Joan grinned, which set Jessica off giggling. This soon had Joan giggling and she started to feel a little better.

    They finished their drinks and Jessica took the mugs back to the kitchen and rinsed them out before returning to her desk and sending Jane a text message asking when would be the best time to call her and talk about her, Joan and Kirstin coming down to visit. Jessica almost threw her phone across the office when it suddenly started buzzing in her hand.

     “Hi girlfriend...!” Jane’s voice sang musically out the phone when Jessica hit the answer button. “Is this soon enough for you?” Jane giggled.

     “A little too quick, I almost threw my phone across the room because it made me jump.” Jessica complained. “Hi, by the way.” She added with a giggle.

     “I was just on a break, so I already had my phone out.” Jane explained the reason for her calling so quickly after Jessica sent the text. “So I’ll finally get to meet this girl that stole your heart then?” Jane asked with a grin in her voice.

     “Yes, so if you could talk nicely to Jayden and see what sort of a deal we can get on a room big enough for three that would be super.” Jessica explained.

     “I’ll go and bug her the minute I get off the phone.” Jane promised.

    They spoke for a couple more minutes. Jessica asked how Jane’s day was going, and Jane did the same. Jane then said she’d go and have a word with Jayden and then email Jessica the details later in the day.

*****

    Jessica was trying to find some paperwork a little later in the day, but she couldn’t find it, so she decided to give Debbie a call to see if she might have some idea of where it might be. So Jessica picked up the office phone and called Debbie’s home number.

     “Hello...? Debbie speaking.” Jessica heard Debbie say in her professional voice after several rings.

     “Hi Deb’s, it’s Jessica. How are the little ones?”

     “Sleeping, thank god.” Debbie said sounding worn out now she knew it was only Jessica on the other end.

     “Is everything alright? You sound a little down.” Jessica asked with worry in her voice.

     “I’m fine, just sick of looking at the same four walls and smelly nappies.” Debbie laughed, but it sounded more forced that genuine.

     “Sounds like you and Paul could do with a night out with just the two of you.” Jessica said.

     “That sounds nice, but we can’t afford a babysitter, and I don’t have any family that I’d trust to keep an eye on them for us.” Debbie sighed.

     “I’d come and babysit for you, if you feel you can trust me to look after them?” Jessica offered. “Kirstin is off on Wednesday, so she could come and help me, if you and Paul can find something to do on such short notice.” Jessica explained.

     “Of cause Paul and I trust you with the twins, and I’m sure we can find something to do, even if it’s just a movie and something to eat.” Debbie said sounding a little more alive now she had something to look forward to. “Did you call for anything specific, or just to see how I was doing?” Debbie asked.

    Jessica explained about the client Joan was going to be seeing the next day, and the fact she couldn’t find the file. Debbie soon had Jessica sorted out.

     “Kirstin and I will be over at seven on Wednesday then, so you and Paul can escape for the evening.” Jessica giggled.

     “You’re a real life saver Jess.” Debbie said with a grin in her voice.

     “I wouldn’t go that far Deb’s; I’m just helping out a friend.” Jessica said playing down her offer to babysit.

     “You try looking after a formation scream team for a day and see if you don’t see such a small offer of help as a life saving event.” Debbie laughed.

     “I’m sure they’re not that bad to look after.” Jessica laughed. Debbie just made a snorting sound on the other end of the line. “I better go and get this report to Joan before she starts snapping at me again.” Jessica said to change the subject and end the call before Debbie started complaining again.

     “Oh right, it’s that time of the month isn’t it...?” Debbie said when she realised what Jessica was getting at. “Just snap back, it always calms her down again.” Debbie giggled. “That and hot chocolate.” She added.

     “Thanks for the tip.” Jessica smiled, not wanting to say she’d already worked all that out. “Until Wednesday then, bye, bye...!”

     “I’m looking forward to it. Bye, bye.” Debbie giggled excitedly before the line went dead.

    Joan smiled when she saw Jessica enter her office carrying a tray with two mugs of what smelt like hot chocolate on it.

     “Can you spare ten minutes to have a drink?” Jessica asked as she placed the tray on a side table before she wandered over and placed one of the mugs down in front of Joan.

     “You must have ready my mind.” Joan groaned and then let out a sigh as she took in the sweet smell of the chocolate.

     “Not really, I’m just trying to keep you in a good mood.” Jessica giggled.

     “Why, what have you broken?” Joan asked.

     “Nothing...!” Jessica said looking shocked.

     “Don’t tell me you couldn’t find that file I need for tomorrow mornings meeting.” Joan groaned as she looked disappointed.

     “Nope, I’ve found that, and it’s all ready for you.” Jessica said looking proud of herself. “I just wanted to make you a drink and keep you happy.”

     “Well you’re doing a good job of it.” Joan grinned just before she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

     “I had to call Deb’s and ask her where she hid it though, but I’m glad I did.” Jessica said just before she took a sip of her own drink.

     “Why’s that, is everything alright?” Joan asked looking a little worried that something might be wrong with Debbie or the babies.

     “Everyone is fine, but Deb’s is feeling like the walls are closing in on her, and I volunteered me and Kirstin to babysit for her on Wednesday night, so she and Paul can go out somewhere for the evening.” Jessica grinned.

     “That’s sweet of you.” Joan said proud of her adopted daughter’s willingness to help Debbie. “Did Deb’s have any idea where she might like to go?” Joan asked.

     “No, but she did say going to a movie and grabbing something to eat would be nice.” Jessica shrugged.

     “I think we can do a little better than that.” Joan said as she got her cell phone out and scrolled down till she found the number she wanted and hit the call button.

     “Who are you calling...?” Jessica asked, but before Joan could answer her, the person answered on the other end.

     “Hello Tony, its Joan here.”

     “Hello Joan, is everything alright with you and your lovely daughter?” Tony asked with worry in his voice because he couldn’t remember Joan calling him since the death of her husband.

     “Yes everything is fine, but I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour, well actually it’s for a good friend of mine.” She started to explain. “You remember my assistant Debbie, don’t you?” Joan asked

     “Yes I remember, she used to come in with you to eat, but suddenly stopped right?” Tony asked.

     “Yes that’s her. Well she’s not long given birth to two beautiful little baby girls, and she’s looking to get out the house and have a nice evening with her husband, and I was wondering if you could help her do that?” Joan asked.

     “You call the right person my pretty friend.” Tony sounded proud that Joan had thought to call him with such a request.

     “That’s wonderful Tony. And please send me the bill for the whole evening.” Joan told him.

     “Not a problem, when do they want to come and eat the best meal they ever taste?” Tony asked in his broken English.

     “It’s this Wednesday, say eight o’clock?”

     “I will save the best table for them, and make it very romantic.” Tony said with a grin in his voice.

     “Thank you Tony, you’re a star.

     “And you be an angel, love you my dear sweet Joan.” Tony sighed.

     “I love you to. Bye.” Joan said just before she ended the call.

     “She’ll like that more than just going to see a movie.” Jessica grinned. “Do you want me to call Debbie and let her know?” Jessica asked.

     “No, you sit and finish your drink; I’ll give her a call and let her know.” Joan said as she scrolled down to Debbie’s number and called her. “I should have been keeping a closer eye on her, not relying on you to do it for me.” Joan added as she waited for Debbie to answer.

     “Hi Joan, is everything alright...?” Debbie asked when she answered her cell phone.

     “Hello dear, I should be asking you that.” Joan replied.

     “Have you been speaking to Jess?” Debbie asked with a frown. “I’m fine, just going a little insane being stuck in the house all the time, but Jess is going to babysit on Wednesday, so Paul and I can have a night out.” Debbie sounded excited over the simple little thing.

     “I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to give you and Paul something a little more special than that, so I’ve sorted for the two of you to go to Tony’s for a nice meal.” Joan explained. “I’ll also get Jessica to sort out for a taxi to take you there and pick you up again, so the two of you can have a drink and not worry about driving home again.” Joan ordered.

     “You really didn’t need to do any of this Joan.” Debbie argued.

     “I know I didn’t, but I wanted to.” Joan said in a dismissive tone. “And I’m ordering you to have a good time.” Joan added.

     “Yes boss.” Debbie giggled.

     “Good, now stop bugging me and let me get on with my work, some of us have to work for a living.” Joan smirked. “Bye Deb’s, and please try to have a little more fun.” Joan added sounding a little more serious now.

     “I will Joan, and thanks for doing this. Bye.” Debbie said before ending the call.

*****

    Jessica was sat playing solitaire on her laptop, while Joan sat reading a book that evening, when Jessica heard her mail box ping to let her know she had an email, so she opened her browser and saw that it was from Jane, so she opened it hoping to find the details for the Hotel booking, and what she had to pay.

     “Jane sent me the details for the hotel booking.” Jessica said to Joan as she opened the email. “Great...!” Jessica sounded sarcastic as she said it, so Joan had a pretty good idea it was far from being great.

     “Is it going to cost more than you thought?” Joan asked, knowing how much it had cost her to book the anniversary gift for her husband that she and Jessica ended up using.

     “I’m not sure, the silly cow forgot to put the amount in, it just has a bunch of zeros there.” Jessica frowned. “I better give her a call and ask her how much it will cost, so I can get it paid.” Jessica added with a sigh as she placed her laptop on the sofa next to her and picked up her cell phone.

     “That sounds like Jane.” Joan giggled. Joan loved Jane to bits, and she thought Jane was amazing at doing hair and nails, but she also thought her to be a little scatter brained most the time, she reminded Joan of a child, always looking to make people happy, and most the time she did.

    Jessica made the call and then held the phone to her ear while she waited for Jane to answer it.

     “Hey girlfriend...!” Jane’s voice finally said on the other end. “Did you get my email?”

     “Yes I did, but you forgot to put the cost down.” Jessica frowned. “I can’t sort out the payment if I don’t know how much it is.” Jessica laughed.

     “I did write the price down.” Jane sounded like she was pouting on the other end of the phone.

     “Nope, you left it with a bunch of zeros.” Jessica said as she looked at her laptop screen to double check.

     “Yes, that’s how much it’s going to cost you.” Jane giggled. “I had a word with Jayden and Carl, and they said you could come and stop for free. I told you I was a good sales person.” Jane said with more giggling.

     “Oh, wow.” Jessica said, totally shocked to hear that. “What sort of rooms will we get though?” Jessica asked, worried that they wouldn’t have very nice rooms if it was free.

     “You’ll be in the penthouse suit you stopped in last time.” Jane pointed out in a matter of fact way.

     “Stop teasing me and tell me how much I need to pay.” Jessica said, not believing her.

     “I’m not joking Jess, Jayden sorted it all out and she got them to post up all the details.” Jane promised. “You should get it all in the post tomorrow; I had them send it to the office for you.” Jane explained.

     “How can they afford to let us stop there free of charge?” Jessica asked still shocking by it all.

     “Carl said that I do such a good job, and work all hours, they said I deserved to spend some time with my friend, and they say that it gives them a break from me when you’re around.” Jane giggled.

     “Wow, thank you for that.” Jessica said. “I love being your friend, and not just because of this.” She added.

     “I love having you as a friend as well, and I can’t wait to meet Kirstin.” Jane giggled. “I hope she likes to dance?” Jane asked.

     “She used to dance when she was dating Jonathon, but we’ve not been to a club yet up here since I became Jessica.” Jessica said, not sure if Kirstin still danced or not.

     “She will when she comes down here.” Jane promised with a more evil sounding giggle.

     “I better warn her.” Jessica giggled as she remembered all the dancing Jane had her doing the night she went to the club with her and her sisters.

     “I better go now, my boyfriend just turned up.” Jane said sounding excited.

     “Okay, have fun, and I’ll speak to you soon.” Jessica said just before she let Jane end the call so she could go out with her boyfriend.

     “Did I understand that right just now?” Joan asked once Jessica had put her cell phone down. “They’re going to let us stop at the hotel for free?”

     “Yes, and in the same penthouse we stopped in last time.” Jessica giggled.

     “I’m glad I let you talk me into coming with you now.” Joan grinned.

    Jessica was just about to say something else when her cell phone started ringing and she saw it was Kirstin. “Hi baby, is everything alright?” Jessica asked with worry in her voice.

     “Everything is fine; I’m just taking a break from the restaurant, and wanted to hear your voice.” Kirstin sighed.

     “It’s nice to hear your voice as well,” Jessica admitted. “Are we still on for seeing each other on Wednesday night?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, and I’m looking forward to it, but I don’t know what we’re going to do though.” Kirstin pouted.

     “I kind of volunteered us for a spot of babysitting.” Jessica said

nervously.

     “Babysitting...? Who for?” Kirstin asked.

     “You remember me telling you about Debbie, right...?”

     “Yes, wasn’t she the girl you replaced while she was on maternity leave?”

     “Yes, that’s her. Well she’s been feeling a little down, so Joan and I have sorted out for her and her husband to get out the house for an evening, and we will be keeping an eye on the twins for them.” Jessica explained.

     “Sounds like it could be fun.” Kirstin said sounding happy.

     “I’m glad to hear that, because I was a little worried you’d turn me down and I’d end up doing it on my own.” Jessica admitted with a nervous laugh.

     “I’d never do that to you baby.” Kirstin pouted. “What time will you be picking me up then now on Wednesday?” Kirstin asked.

     “I told Debbie we’d be there for seven, so I’ll pick you up around quarter too.”

     “That’s fine, I’ll be ready.” Kirstin grinned.

    Kirstin spoke with Jessica for another ten minutes, before she had to end the call and go sort out a problem in the restaurant. Jessica thought about telling Kirstin about the fact Jane had got them the penthouse again, but she thought it more fun to surprise Kirstin with it when they arrived in London.

*****

    Tuesday was an average day, apart from the paperwork turning up and Jessica still looking shocked when she saw that Jane hadn’t been joking, and they were going to be stopping in the penthouse for free. Jessica waited for Joan to finish with her client before she took the papers into show her.

    It was only a couple of weeks away, but Jessica knew they were going to be two very long weeks. Jessica was looking forward to spending four whole days with Kirstin, showing her the sights, and the club.

    Jessica called Jane and apologised for not believing her, and she also thanked her again for what she was doing, or what she was a part of, because Jane didn’t want to take credit for any of it. Jessica did hear Cathy say something about Jane spending too much time around Chrissy, but she didn’t know what that meant.

*****

    Kirstin was stood on the doorstep of her aunt’s house when Jessica pulled up outside to pick her up on the Wednesday night. Jessica was glad, because she didn’t want to get talking to Kim and then be late getting to Debbie’s.

     “Sorry I kept you waiting.” Jessica said as she leaned over and gave Kirstin a long loving kiss.

     “You’ll have the neighbours talking.” Kirstin giggled, but she was soon returning the kiss as she leaned in and pulled Jessica’s head back to hers and tried to stick her tongue down Jessica’s throat.

     “That’s not helping the case.” Jessica grinned as she ran her tongue across her lips and tasted Kirstin’s lip gloss on them.

     “I just want to give them something good to talk about.” Kirstin smirked as she sat back and put her seatbelt on before waiting for Jessica to drive them to Debbie’s house.

    Jessica had been to Debbie’s a few times since she got home with the babies, so she had no trouble finding the place, and was soon parking up on the road outside a small two bedroom house.

    Debbie’s house was a modern one, but it was very tiny, and all the rooms left you feeling trapped. Jessica could see why it was depressing Debbie to be stuck in there all the time with the babies.

     “She lives in a nice area.” Kirstin said as she looked around at all the new houses.

     “It seems nice enough, but the houses are all like shoe boxes when you get inside.” Jessica warned.

     “I can believe that, and I bet they paid a pretty penny to live here as well.” Kirstin frowned; she knew the cost of living in a house like this, even given the small size.

     “I think they rent this place.” Jessica said. “They were saving up to buy a place when Debbie got pregnant, so that plan got put on a back burner until Debbie is back at work.” Jessica explained what she remembered Joan telling her once.

    They walked up to the front door and Jessica rang the bell. It didn’t take long for someone to open it, and they found a smartly dressed Paul stood there smiling at them.

     “Hi Jessica, and...?” He said as he looked at Kirstin, having not met her before today.

     “Hi Paul, this is my friend Kirstin.” Jessica smiled as she did the introductions. “Kirstin, this is Debbie’s husband Paul.”

     “It’s a pleasure to meet you Kirstin, and I want to thank the two of you for doing all this.” Paul added the last part in a whisper, not wanting Debbie to hear him. “I was beginning to worry about how down she was becoming, but since you called the other day and said you’d babysit, and then Joan called and said she was paying for us to go out and have a slap up meal, Debbie’s been her old self again.” Paul grinned.

     “Hello Paul.” Kirstin smiled at him, and gave him a little wave as well.

     “I’m glad we were able to help.” Jessica said as Paul led them into the house and the living room where the twins were lying in some sort of a special basket each. Both of them were fast asleep, which Jessica was glad about.

     “We’ve not long fed them, so you shouldn’t have much trouble with them for a couple of hours.” Paul whispered, not wanting to wake either of the babies.

    Jessica was soon turning around when she heard Debbie behind her.

     “Hey Jess, thank you so much for doing this.” Debbie whispered as she ran over to Jessica and gave her a hug. “Are you sure you’ll be alright looking after them?” She asked looking nervous.

     “We’ll be fine, and you need a night out with your husband.” Jessica smiled. “I must say you look amazing in that little black dress as well.” Jessica added as she stepped back and gave Debbie the once over.

    Debbie was wearing a sexy little black dress that showed off her nice new figure, and the long freshly waxed legs she now had. Jessica had no idea when Debbie found the time to get them waxed, but she had, and she looked stunning.

     “Thanks Jess, but I just feel so nervous about leaving them.” Debbie admitted as she looked at the two sleeping babies.

     “I can understand that, but you need to let them get used to being around other people, and you need a night off from it all, so go out and have a good time.” Jessica ordered. “But before you go, I’d like you to meet Kirstin.” Jessica grinned as she introduced Debbie to Kirstin.

     “Hi Kirstin, Jessica’s told me a lot about you.” Debbie smiled as she stepped over and gave Kirstin a hug.

     “Hello Debbie. Jessica’s told me a lot about you as well.” Kirstin said as she hugged Debbie back.

    Debbie was soon showing Jessica and Kirstin where the babies bottles were and telling them how long to warm them up for in some hot water before feeding them, if they wanted feeding. Paul finally had to drag Debbie out of the house when a man knocked on the door saying he would be driving them this evening.

    Jessica and Kirstin waved as they watched Paul help Debbie get in the back of a big shiny black BMW, before he ran around to the other side and got in the back himself. Joan had told Jessica to call the same company she’d called to sort out a lift to the train station when they had their weekend away.

     “What do we do now?” Jessica asked as she looked down at the two babies still sleeping, before she looked up at Kirstin stood next to her.

     “We sit down and pray that they both stay asleep.” Kirstin grinned as she pulled Jessica over to the sofa in the room and then pulled her down onto it with her.

     “I could get use to this babysitting.” Jessica said as she cuddled up to Kirstin and rested her head on Kirstin’s shoulder.

     “Make the most of this, because those two beautiful little things won’t be asleep forever.” Kirstin warned.

    Kirstin was right, and twenty minutes later one of the twins woke up sounding a little grumpy, which soon had the other one awake. Jessica picked up Tammy, and Kirstin took care of Tina. Jessica and Kirstin were glad they had little hats on with their names embroidered on the fronts of them, because they would have no idea which one was which otherwise.

     “Hello there.” Kirstin cooed as she held little Tina in her hands, Tina just looked at Kirstin as if to say you’re not the one that normally takes care of me, but she did seem happier now she was being held.

    Tammy was much happier as she made a giggling sound as she reached up trying to play with one of Jessica’s ear rings. Jessica had never held such a tiny little thing in her arms before, and she was already falling in love with holding Tammy.

     “Don’t let her get hold of your ear ring, or she could rip it out.” Kirstin warned. “I think somebody’s made a smelly.” She added as she looked down at Tina again and bumped noses with her. This made Tina giggle for a second, but she was soon grumbling and moaning again.

     “I think Tammy’s in need of a change as well.” Jessica said after placing her nose close to the diaper Tammy was wearing.

     “You can watch me change Tina, and then I’ll watch you do the same to Tammy.” Kirstin said as she left the room to go find the girl’s changing things and get them sorted out.

    They found the changing mat and other things in the girl’s nursery and Kirstin set to work sorting out Tina with Jessica trying to watch her and stop Tammy pulling her ear ring out. Jessica caught most of what Kirstin did with Tina, and she was soon doing the same with Tammy.

     “How can something so tiny produce this...?” Jessica asked as she saw the mess in the diaper.

     “Welcome to the not so glamorous side of babysitting.” Kirstin giggled.

    Kirstin had to point out a couple of things, but for the most part, Jessica did a pretty good job for her first time, and the twins were soon dressed again and they returned to the living room. Debbie had a large activity mat, so they placed the twins down on it and watched them play around with all the brightly coloured buttons and other things spread all over the mat. The twins were happy to play for a short time, but they were soon getting grumpy, so Kirstin decided it was time to feed them.

    Jessica was sat with Tina this time, and Kirstin had Tammy, and they both sat on the sofa with a baby nestled in one arm, and a bottle in their free hand as they fed them.

     “I remember you telling me about Debbie knowing your secret, but does Paul know anything about Jonathon?” Kirstin asked while she watched Tammy greedily suck on the bottle of milk.

     “I don’t think so, and if she has, he’s being pretty cool about it, letting me look after his daughters.” Jessica said as she smiled at Tina enjoying her milk. “I think Debbie would have warned me if she’d told him, or he’d worked it out for himself.” Jessica added.

     “You have a point.” Kirstin agreed.

    They finished feeding the babies and then burped them. The twins were soon nodding off to sleep again, and Jessica and Kirstin were finally able to put them back in their little cots.

     “Have you ever thought about having children of your own?” Jessica asked as she looked at Kirstin keeping an eye on the babies as they slept.

     “I think every girl has at some point, but now since we broke up, well me and Jonathon broke up.” Kirstin corrected herself. She didn’t see Jessica as being anything like Jonathon, what they had now felt much better. “I’m not sure where we stand on the child front.” She added as she looked at Jessica in her skirt and top. “The big question is, do you want children?” Kirstin asked.

     “I used to think I wanted to have kids one day, but more because I saw it as a sign I was a man, but now I’m not sure what they would think when they were old enough to understand that I was their father, but now I’m a woman called Jessica.” Jessica sounded conflicted about it all.

     “I’d still like to have your children, and they would love you just as much as they love me, and so what if they have two mothers and no father.” Kirstin said with pride.

     “Don’t you think we’re getting ahead of ourselves a little bit?” Jessica giggled. “I’m not even sure I can give you children.” Jessica added as she looked down at her fake breasts.

     “Just because you’ve got a set of breasts stuck to your chest, and you look like a really cute girl, it doesn’t mean that thing between your legs has suddenly stopped working.” Kirstin smirked as she slid back on the sofa and took Jessica with her.

     “What are you doing?” Jessica asked as she watched Kirstin slide her hand under Jessica’s skirt and up to her groin.

     “I’m testing a little theory.” Kirstin grinned as she started rubbing Jessica’s penis through her panties.

     “Kirstin...! Not in front of the babies.” Jessica said as she started to react to the touching and forced Kirstin to stop before it got to painful, due to Jessica having her secret tucked away between her legs.

     “Looks like it still works to me.” Kirstin giggled. She soon stopped laughing though when she saw the look of horror and confusion on Jessica’s face. “I’m sorry; I was just having some fun with you.” Kirstin said as she went to hug her, but Jessica just pulled away and then stood up.

     “I need to use the bathroom.” Jessica said as she left the room in a hurry, leaving Kirstin sat on the sofa looking at the doorway Jessica had just left through.

     Jessica had to calm herself when she got to the bathroom; she also needed to put some things back in the right order once she had. Jessica was confused over how her body had reacted to Kirstin’s touch, and she was now wondering if she was fooling herself by thinking she wanted to become a female and have the surgery if she responded in a sexual way when Kirstin touched her down there.

    Kirstin was sat nervously waiting for Jessica’s return when she saw her walk back into the living room. “Are you alright?” She asked.

     “I’m fine.” Jessica replied as she sat in a chair, avoiding the sofa and sitting to close to Kirstin.

     “You don’t seem fine.” Kirstin argued.

     “I just have a lot of stuff on my mind right now.” Jessica snapped.

    Kirstin could see that pushing Jessica to talk about what happened was only going to make it worse than it already was, so she decided to shut up and let Jessica do her thinking. Kirstin was glad when the babies woke up again, because she now had something to do other than watch them sleep, and Jessica sulk.

    They each had a baby when Debbie and Paul returned home later in the evening. Debbie was a little giggly, but not too drunk to look after the babies once Jessica and Kirstin left.

     “Were they much trouble?” Debbie asked as she checked on Tammy in Jessica’s arms before going to check on Tina in Kirstin’s.

     “No trouble at all.” Jessica smiled. “We had to change their diapers and we also fed them.” She explained. “How was the meal?” Jessica asked.

     “It was amazing, and felt really good to have a night away from the house.” Debbie groaned in relief. “But I still missed my two little babies.” She added with a pout as she kissed Tammy on the forehead and made Tammy giggle excitedly.

    Debbie helped Jessica and Kirstin place the babies back in their little cots and then walked the two of them to the door, after Jessica said she needed to get Kirstin home and then get home and grab some sleep before she had to get up for work, and a morning swim with Joan. Debbie could tell that something was bothering Jessica, but she didn’t want to ask what it was and put Jessica on the spot with Kirstin stood right next to her, so Debbie was going to give Jessica a call at work and find out what the problem was the next day.

    Jessica was nearly at Kirstin’s aunts before Kirstin finally spoke. “Please speak to me Jess.” She pleaded. “I didn’t know it was going to upset you so much, or I never would have done it.”

     “I’m not angry with you, not about that.” Jessica said, not bothering to take her eyes off the road. “I’m just confused about it all, and need some time to sort things out in my own head.” She added with a sigh.

    Jessica pulled up outside Kirstin’s aunts and then waited for Kirstin to get out without saying anything. Kirstin looked at the side of Jessica’s head for a couple of seconds before letting out a sigh and opening the car door, but just before she got out, Kirstin leaned over and kissed Jessica’s cheek.

     “I love you...” Kirstin said, and then she was gone.

     “I love you to Kirstin, but I’m not sure what it means, or who I am anymore.” Jessica said to the now empty seat next to her.

    Jessica drove home and went straight to bed, due to Joan already being in bed, something Jessica was greatful for because she really didn’t feel like talking to anyone at the minute. She cleaned off her makeup and then got ready for bed, but before she slipped on her babydoll nightdress, Jessica looked at herself in just her panties and saw a woman looking back at her, all apart from a small bulge in her panties, which she touched, but didn’t get a response from, so she was confused as to why it reacted like it did when Kirstin touched it. Jessica knew she needed to talk to someone about this, but the only person she could think of was Jane, and it was too late to do that tonight, so Jessica slipped on her nightdress and then got into bed for a restless night of sleep.

*****

 

To Be Continued Next Friday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

    Authors Note: Cathy, Jane and all the others that Jessica and Joan meet while down in London, are all characters I wrote about in my; You Have it all Wrong series. Even thought you don’t hear about Jane’s story until book four ‘You have it all Wrong Four, the Kids Story’ the time line for this story is set between book three and book four. So to find out more about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and how they all became the women they are in this story, you will need to go back and read them.

    Hugs

    SaraUK

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

She has to get use to the idea that she should have

... a sexual response. Honestly not all of us are so rabid about needing to change and hating the response we get from being aroused. If you want to be crass about it, it is really just a big clitoris after all until it gets downsized :)

Kim

i like your story i hope that

i like your story i hope that jess can figure out how she wants her life to be

Jennifer should talk to Joan

to quell her anxiety as well as admit that she and Kirstin love each other.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Poor Jessica, she needs to

Poor Jessica, she needs to speak with Chrisdy, Amy or Cathy really. They will sort her out.

Great story as usual, thanks for sharing.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Brings back memories

gillian1968's picture

I'm playing catch-up reading this to get ready for the new chapters.

We adopted twin boys and got to play tag team with the feeding and changing.

Jessica may be able to have children and be a woman and be a mother, but she has to figure herself out better first.

Gillian Cairns