Skirting the issue 7 Smoking!

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

And promptly stalled the car as it jerked forward. Sancha in the passenger seat snickered at her while the boys in the parking lot were openly laughing at her. This made her nervous. Melissa tried a few times to get used to the Supra but something seemed off to her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get a proper feel for the car. She would skid or spin out when she tried to drift or she stalled the car. Sancha in the passenger seat was openly laughing at her attempts to drive the car.

It was a pathetic performance causing Melissa to blush horribly as she drove the car to the back of the FD. Some of the boys were whooping it up and a few of the girls were laughing pretty hard themselves. Melissa felt herself get angry. Not mad angry but more determined. As the car came to a stop behind the FD with a pop as the engine died Sancha got out shaking his head. Melissa still had the keys in her hand as she stepped out of the car popping open the hood on the Supra as she did so. She wanted to find out what was throwing her so off her game.

Most of the guys ignored her as they crowded around Sancha to hear the details of the attempt so they failed to see Melissa reach into the trunk of the FD for a Small plastic tool box. Melissa brought this over to the Supra opening the hood with one hand. John noticed her and wondered what she was up to as she pulled a small flat screen out of it's styrofoam box and hooked it and the previously unused cable up to the still idling Supra. She bent over the small screen as he watched checking something.

The crowd finally noticed something when she reached over into the engine bay and pulled on the throttle bracket causing the engine to rev up and down as she starred intently on the little screen. When Melissa found what she was looking for she reached into her tool box and removed a long flexible screwdriver of a sorts putting on an end from a little rubber holder. With the tool she reached over the still running engine her shorts showing off her tight but shapely rear to perfection.

The men had already stopped talking while the girls stared at this slip of a girl. They all knew that she looked quite sexy bent over the engine bay as she adjusted something. She didn't even remove herself from under the hood as she put the screwdriver thing back and picked up the tablet thing again. More revs were heard but only Sancha noticed that the engine sounded better. Nodding to herself Melissa left the Supra idling while she reduced the idle just a tiny bit with yet another tool from her box. The Supra engine quieted down as it reached a peace of sorts.

Now smiling Melissa packed up her tools carefully and put they all gently and lovingly back into the plastic tool box in a special order known only to her. With that done she returned the box to the trunk space of the FD. The FD did not have a cd player like the Supra had as neither Pete nor Melissa ever saw a reason to replace the stock radio with anything else.

Closing the trunk or hatch of the FD gently but firmly one could not even see the toolbox through the large back window. Melissa returned to the Supra and silently buckled herself into the Supra for what she considered the real run. She instantly felt the difference of the car as the engine purred for her.

Pete, Nicholas, and Mark had all exited Smitty's by this point and has witnessed a sexy looking Melissa perform something on a car. It was virtually unheard of for a girl to be knowledgeable about cars to begin with to find one that could fix a car without thinking and a manual was like a dream for many guys. Indeed as Pete looked to the boys staring openly at Melissa as she settled into the Toyota he noticed that a number of the boys were sporting noticable bulges. One of two had their mouths open.

Pete also noticed that a girl with a baby was scowling at Melissa as she held her baby on one hip. From the looks this girl was giving Melissa she knew that the girl openly hated Melissa for what she had done. The other trampily dressed girls who were with her were also sporting frowns except the one with the baby bag. She was looking a little on the pale side.

Melissa was of course complete unaware of what her actions had done as she searched the Supra's glove box for a cd she could listen too. Much of what Sancha's taste ran to were of the Latino pop/rap style. No surprise there really. She did find a cd for classical Beethoven but that was not really driving music. She finally found something that she could possibly drive too. Soundtracks were not normally her preference but sometimes you lucked out.

She inserted the cd and inspected the track listing. She nibbled on the inside of her bottom lip as she read the track listing and switched through the songs. She finally chose one she liked. She put the cd for Bleech back into the glove compartment and closed it as the opening tunes to the Swan song began to play. As she listened she turned up the volume.

Pete standing back still heard the telltail sounds of a hard rock sound track playing over the smooth revs of the 4 cylinder engine and immediately knew what was going to happen as he saw the pigtailed little girl start to jump in the seat. He got two steps before the tires of the Supra peeled out in reverse.

Sancha watched the girl who couldn't drive change into something he started to get scared of. His lusting thoughts of a few moments before gone replaced with fear not for his car but of something more as his car changed from a racer to a monster. He could almost feel the engine revs on his bones as the smoke billowed out of the rear of his car and it had not even gone more than 30 feet from yet.

John was ecstatically in love. It was her! The girl of his dreams! Not only could she fix cars she could drive. He completely failed to notice as his emotions overcame him as he exploded into his shorts soaking the front of his pants before he passed out on to the pavement. The old biker dude running towards him was the last thing he saw before erotic dreams of a scatily clad Melissa in a skimpy white wedding dress overcame him.

Brandy was crying opening as was her daughter. Melissa was way out of her league to compete with.

The Supra completed it's reverse turn Melissa changed gears back to first and let the baby play. The front end of the car was not even at rest before the rear tires had changed direction trying to push the rear moving car forward. The baby was not even a close copy of the monster for power but it did have some power. The tremec shifted smoothly as she thought it would.

The Supra it seemed did not want to drive in a straight line so with a tiny shrug she cranked the wheel so that the front wheels were pointed to the left as the car went down the narrow space of the cars parked for the restaurant. The front and rear of the car a good 3 feet from either without moving in any direction but sideways glided down the space. With an annoyance Melissa shifted down a gear without touching the clutch pedal simply by letting go of the gas pedal for a moment. The front wheels started the turn as the car swung almost 180 degrees long before the 2007 Chevy half ton with the cement covered wheelbarrow even cleared the parked Sunfire at the end of the row.

Samuel at the steering wheel of the bosses truck saw the fast oncoming Toyota wheels billowing smoke directly at him. In a moment he accelerated while he felt the rear of his pants filling up. He had no idea how but the out of control car did not hit his bosses truck. The post did as he plowed straight into it. His last few moments before the airbag clouded his vision with white was that the car must be a ghost or something and he was so fired.

Pete watched in horrible slow motion as the Supra changed direction without slowing down and passed the Chevy by mere millimeters. Time sped up, along with heart rate, as he watched the front of the Chevy drive straight into he cement lamppost. Plastic, glass flying while bumper disappeared into the front of Barkmen's Concrete Works truck. Pete wondered how Guy was gonna take the news.

Clear of the annoyance Melissa smiled as she put the pedal of the Supra to the floor and let the baby loose to play. The Supra responded just like she thought it should shifting smoothly and evenly without the need of the clutch as she put the car through it's paces. The suspension was nothing like the FD nor was the Nissan DOHC anywhere near the torque or power of the monster. Still it was a fun toy to drive around in.

Melissa played at making some circles and a figure eight of blacks before she did some reverse drifts back and forth a few times until she felt a shift in the rear signalling that the tires had reached their limits and she had to let the baby down from its high rev. She did so gently so as to not spin a bearing or ruin the engine. With the car now at a straight line drive more inline with the speed limit of the parking lot Melissa returned the car back to where everyone else was. She would have to tell Sancha that the car needed to get an upgraded radiator as it was already running far to hot for such a short play. The rear suspension would need stiffer springs and heavier thicker tires to handle it.

As Melissa drove up she could see that the truck had smashed into a pole and wonder how people could get a license if they could not even drive. The closer she got she saw two people helping a shaken driver out of the truck while it seemed that most of the restaurant staff had come out and were straining to see who was making such a fuss. Melissa hung her head as she knew she was surely in trouble.

In the parking lot there was too many people who were not giving her a lot of room to park the Supra into the spot where Sancha had first let her move it from. The baby spoke and she dropped into first with some gas enough to swing the rear of the car the rest of the 90 degrees needed to get inline with parking spot before hitting the brake pedal. The car stopped perfectly inline and glided into it's spot. Her foot was on the clutch as she turned off the key before she hit the brake pedal one last time. With the car in neutral she pulled the leaver for the parking brake into place and collected her purse.

Melissa got out of the Supra keeping her knees together as she did so without thinking. She also slung the purse over her shoulder like she had been doing it all her life. As she stepped out from between the cars she saw everyone was staring silently at her except for Nicholas who was almost glowing with pride. Pete was just shaking his head with this stupid grin on his face. Mark was down on the ground over a John who seemed to have pissed his pants. Melissa felt awful for scaring the poor guy when she parked the car but it seemed like everyone wanted to get in the way.

Still everyone was staring at her with open mouths or wide eyes making her feel incredibly small. Blushing furiously from all the anger not yet unleashed upon her she quickly ran up to Sancha, handed him his keys, and ran to the side of the FD. She did not remember but the keys to the FD were in her hand and then the lock before she knew it. The door swung open allowing her to dive into the back seat and hide from everyone. She pulled the door behind her as she settled into the back seat from all the prying eyes. Tears overcame her as she sobbed openly in the car silent to those outside.

"Pete?" Asked Nicholas to the empty air around him.

"Yeah Nick?" Pete answered in the forbidden nickname.

"Where the hell did your daughter learn to drive like that?"

"I have no fuckin idea."

"Your gonna be grey in no time with a teenaged daughter like that."

"I know. I can feel the greys already coming in."

"Bit of a shyness I see."

"Yep probably in the back seat again. I have no idea how she even gets into that spot."

"Well girls are more flexible than guys."

"Uh yeah.." Pete shamefaced moved forward to rescue Melissa, Nicholas right behind him. This seemed to unfreeze the crowd as each and every person proceeded to shout or talk very loudly about the amazing sight they had all just witnessed. Only Brandy was openly sobbing on the shoulder of her sister Melony while the baby gurgled away.

When Pete opened the door to the FD both he and Nicholas heard the heart renching sobs coming from the back seat.

"Melissa honey.."Nicholas began before Pete cut him off as a hand snaked out with the keys to the FD from the back of the passenger side seat.

"Follow." was all Pete said before she stepped into the drivers seat of the FD and closed the door. He knew that Melissa was far to upset to reason with especially in the crowd outside of Smitty's. As the FD started up Melissa's crys of anguish turned to smaller sobs. The more the engine ran the more the vibrations soothed her. Pete couldn't but help to think of how this worked with little kids soothing them even before they knew it. He did wonder how future parents would deal with this as the cars became electric and no longer had the hum of an engine to put children to sleep.

Pete slowly backed the FD out of it's parking spot forcing people to move as he did so. Some were already stepping back with respect. Others were still far to stunned by the events of the day to do more than follow the person beside them like sheep. Getting out of the parking lot proved difficult as many were excitedly talking and waving arms while others were making their way out towards where Melissa had done donuts and stuff. Pete looked back as he pulled the FD onto main street and saw Melissa was snoring away in the back seat. How she could do so in such a small space was beyond him.

Back at the Van people were milling around with comments such as " Oh my god that girl can drive!" Or " Can you believe it she is like the goddess or something." Not all were nice comments as that though. Some such as " Shameful behavior for a cute girl. She'll never get a husband acting like that." One small girl even got excited over seeing an older girl act so different." Momma I wanna be like her when I grow up." Mark smiled at that one but her mother's response wasn't the best."Helen so help me god if you ever set foot near the driver's seat of a car I'll spank you so hard you wont sit of a year." The sniffled "Yes Momma" of a dejected girl was a little hard for Mark to take as his Nikki side wanted to badly go up and smack the mother.

Nicholas and Mark had a bit more trouble getting the Van out of the lot that Pete did. When they did Nicholas at the wheel was still smiling a little grin. The two started to talk about how such a slip of a girl could be so different than many of the girls they had both known growing up. Nicholas admitted to having taken an interest in this drift thing after the sounds of smell they had both seen earlier. Both men knew that each would look at what drifting was if for different reasons.

Pete arrived at the shop after running the FD slowly over the streets, once with the ignition off to locate the source of the sound in the rear. So it was not really a surprise to see the van just drive up as Pete was unlocking the metal side door of the shop. The FD was idling but inline with the double metal door to be driven onto the cement section of the floor.

Nicholas parked the van near the grass verge on the edge of the graveled parking lot. Both he and Mark got out as Pete pulled the FD into place with no sign of Melissa in evidence. They both followed the car in then waited as Pete climbed out of the FD before he walked over to the passenger side of the car. Curious Nicholas and Mark followed and wondered what Pete was up to as he pulled the passenger seat forward. Nicholas clued in first and rushed forward to help Pete remove the still asleep Melissa from out of the back seat floor. Even in sleep Melissa looked like a cute angel.

They helped Pete carry his daughter across the shop into the old office and put her into the old wooden chair a blanket laid on her as she snoozed away. Pete looked fondly at his daughter hiding the small tear of Petra's before turning and shoeing the others out of the office as he closed the door as best as he could. The old wooden door had not been able to close in years. He reminded himself to once again to get someone to adjust the door so it would close. And just as normal he forgot about it as the source of a problem on the FD took precedence in his head.

Pete started to order the two older gentlemen around as to what he needed and from where as his mind got started on the problem of the FD. Nicholas realized that his dress shirt and pants would best be put away in the van. Mark having no clue about cars was actually kind of eager to help as best he could even if it meant running to get tools of one sort or another.

Sancha back at the parking lot exited the rather busy mens room in Smitty's. Apparently he wasn't the only guy to get a raging hard on at the site of the cute little chicka working on his car. He was surprised he had just watched the slip of a cute girl, Bob on the other hand asked him why he hadn't stopped her and he still had no real answer. He exited the restaurant and walked to the Supra. He was not surprised at all to see that the back tire was slowly getting flat nor that some of the white nylon threads were showing on the tire.

That girl had driven his baby hard. Far harder than he had and he had been drifting for 10 years already. He was shocked how she had gone from a total klutz to well that. He still had no way to describe her except as a super hot girl he desperately wanted to marry. Their kids would be wonderful and he was sure he could... No to be honest with himself he was fairly sure that anyone as wild as that could never be controlled by any one man. His nana had once spoke to him about juju or auras as the crazy mericans called it. He had laughed it off but that girl had something. She just glowed as watched her click with the car after she had got into it.

Sancha popped the hood on the Supra and started the engine. The engine was still near hot as he got it started. With the hood open he listened to the engine and realized that she had tuned the engine to near perfect in a very short amount of time. Eric his mechanic back at the trailer would have taken nearly an hour to tune it in and he was one of the best. With loads of equipment to help him. Yet that girl had simply driven the car for a bit stalling it more than once then made an adjustment or two with a tiny handheld screen and it purred. If the tires were in better condition he would have loved to take it out for a spin. Sighing he pulled out his cell phone and phoned back to Pecker to bring the van with a spare set of tires. Tonight he would hit the pass and see how well she performed. Somehow he had the feeling his time would drop.

Back at the shop Nicholas had used the washroom to change out of his suit into something he didn't mind getting a little dirty. It was an older pair of dress pants and a golf sweater. Pete had given him one of his railroad coveralls to wear as he helped to remove the FD's rear tires to put on the triangle stands in the front and rear of the car to raise the car off the floor so he could get underneath.

While they worked on the car getting it up into the air Nicholas broached a subject he was sure his daughter was not ready to hear.

"Pete you know your gonna need a shot gun now don't you?"

"What?" Pete got out before he grunted as he got the the stand into place.

"The boys." Hoping he would clue in.

"What about them?"

"Melissa is a boys wet dream. They are going to seek her out. They are probably on their way here now."

"Fuck them! Have you got that stand in place. Oh here let me get that. You found the 3/4 deep impact yet Mark?"

"I think so. Is this it?"

"No that's a 3/4 deep for a 3/8's. Never mind I can use this bar to tighten the bolts. And that is called an air ratchet not an impact gun." Pete then ignored both of them as he heaved on the old cross iron to tighten the nuts onto the studs. The FD was now a good 3 feet off the ground. He directed Mark and Nicholas to move the 16 x 16 blocks of stained wood back into the corner so he could crawl underneath the car on the much stained flattened cardboard.

He had just gotten underneath where Mark passed him the Led trouble light when the first of the loud mufflered tuner cars showed up outside. It was soon followed by another and then even more. Nicholas opened the metal door to look outside and found the small gravel lot filling up with flashy painted cars with wings and noisy radios. He closed the door and looked at the deadbolt wondering if it would be a good idea.

"You sure you don't have a shotgun?" Nicholas asked the pair of legs under the FD.

"HA! Found it! Damn it to hell. The friggin weld broke!"

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Arrg!

While I always liked your writing... that chapter title wasn't fair to those of us with a " Smoking Fetish"!

Liked the chapter, but that special "payoff" wasn't there!

Oh well... just waiting for another author to feed our "kink".,..

what payoff?

O.o im lost.

The joys and feeling of smoking

that is the "payoff" Sapphire was sort of expecting from your story. Sort of like the type of story slim would write :)

Sephrena

huh

O.o sorry still lost and I smoke cigarettes.

Tels, This Is Such a Great Story!

I'm sorry I haven't given you a comment on it's excellence until now.

I don't think of Melissa as a DQ, but her driving is like the other DQ's talents; they are very skilled en fem, but in drab they lose the talent. Actually, I don't know how to describe Melissa's gender ID, but she's probably still discovering it herself. I wonder about Jason's actual family; they haven't heard from er in 3 or 4 days, have they? Don't they care or worry?

I had a '68 145 Volvo wagon that was simple enough for me to repair lots of things. I once fixed the engine end fuel pump on the side of a huge freeway going North outside of NYC, at night during rush hour, (it also was simple). I'm not good with more modern cars, tho. Kim is the better mechanic, I let her guide me.

I've heard the terms "drift, car, driving, etc." before, but I didn't really know what they meant before reading your story. I used to be pretty good driving rear drive cars on ice/slick snow around Buffalo and New England, but if my tires skidded on clear pavement (even if wet) I would get out of the skid ASAP. I also never wanted to "burn rubber" cuz I wanted my tires to last as long as possible.

I've read back thru the story, but I didn't find why the RX-7 is called "the FD". Could you please go over that again? Is the 2.5L Chrysler engine a straight 4? V4? V6? I had a Chevy Citation X-11 with a "high output" 2.8L V6; it only stayed somewhat powerful for 20 or 30K miles, then, even after being rebuilt it was kind of weak.

Thanks for writing such an amusing, cool story.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

FD is latest version of RX-7.

Was in production till 2002. Original rotary engine was nice but with some issues that caused it to die quite early, so tuners found other "normal" engines to fit under the hood.

2.2/2.5 2.2/2.4

These engines are best described as slant 4 cylinders. They sit almost upright but not quite and are actually tilted a bit towards the back when they are at home in Chrysler front wheel drive cars. The carb/fuel injection system and exhaust are all on the one side of the engine while the other side has the distributor altenator and A/C pump. The thermostat is also right there.

In the case of the rear wheel drive Rx7 the engine would be tilted slightly to the passenger side of the car. Since the story has not gotten to the part where the underside of the hood would be described you will have to wait to see how it was fitted in there.

"FD" reference

I googled this and found that the "FD" came from the VIN number and was used to identify the 3rd generation RX-7 from the 2nd generation RX-7. I suspect using "FD" came about due NON-interchangeable parts.

love this story

As a gearhead, I am loving this story!! Please keep it up. Can't wait to see what comes next!

I guess I'm just a girl

about cars. But I still love your story! Please keep writing, as I've decided that I need a REGULAR dose of Melissa. Can't believe that I didn't start reading this to begin with...

SuZie

Thanks

An unusual comment but a very nice one all the same.

caught up

I finally had a chance to read ch 1-7 tonight. you have a great story going here. she really does not see how much different she looks as a girl. looks like mom has serious issues though, and we haven't even meet her yet.there is definetly no chance for jason to drive his baby around town now, its been noticed too much. great job so far, thanks

Great Story

I just found and read all the chapters. It was great! and I really got into it. You do an excellent job of bringing Jason/Melissa to life and your descriptions of the RX-7 FD is great. You really kept my interest throughout each page. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful story. I look forward to reading more as Jason's/Melissa's adventures continue.

I do like your other stories as well, but this one just 'grabbed' by attention. Keep up the good work. :)

Mark <3

Wow Tels!

Just WOW! I think everyone's in love with Melissa now! I knew it was a bad move on her part, now she's scared to death of all the attention. Still though just wow! Nice Ms. Tels(y), more please? (Hugs) Taarpa

*Flutters In . . . *

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

*flutters in and leaves a batch of Gnome-made GnomeScout Cookies as a bribe for Tels' muse*

*flutters back out leaving a trail of pixie dust*
~Hypatia >i< ..:::

aaaahhhcccooo

aaahhhhccccoo
snifffle
gods im all stuffed up!

the only thing that would do this is some pixie which im allergic too...

*frowns then giggles*

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

*frowns then giggles*

It's not spose ta do that, my kind o dust is usually good for people.
Sorrrieeee!

*glides through with out emitting any dust this time*
~Hypatia >i< (NoPixieDustToday)

It's about to hit the fan

Jamie Lee's picture

Oh now he's done it, reved every boys engine who watched her tune that engine then smoke the tires. Nick doesn't know when to shut his mouth, and the girls are pissed.

Now they've been followed to the shop. Pete needs a shotgun, but for Nick first then the rest. Because if any of those boys find out Melissa is actually Jason, they are likely to kill him as they beat him up.

Oh dear, Pete gets to eat crow because one of his welds broke. But did he ever think that weld would have to endure the 'g' forces Jason put the FD through the night before?

Others have feelings too.