How Life Can Change -11- The Princess Ball

Printer-friendly version

bc003.gif

by Little Katie

Chapter 11
The Princess Ball



Well, it is finally here, the party that was mentioned so many times. I know that a lot of people commented on the earlier chapters, I kind of understand why, I will fix some things in the rewrite. I should have made it more obvious that it was a dream sequence, my mistake. This is a bit more uplifting though. I hope you enjoy.

Emily lay in her bed asleep, the sky outside her window hinting that the morning sun would soon be shine in on the child. Vivian and John stood at the door, watching her sleep in peace.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Vivian whispered.

"Yes, most certainly is."

"I wonder why she chooses to sleep naked?"

"Probably just really comfortable, it is warm out, you know."

"True, but she never did that, you know, before."

"Maybe it's one way to get in touch with what she's become, like a constant reminder."

"We should ask her." Vivian said.

"Nah, she probably doesn't realize why she does it, she is still young, impulsive."

"I wish we had her from birth though, would have made things easier."

"Yes, it's got to be tough, I couldn't have handled it."

"I just always wanted a little baby girl, but you couldn't come through could you." Vivian playfully punched John in the shoulder.

"You will just have to make do with getting one at nine."

"Still a baby girl would be nice."

"Well, we already know you're carrying a boy. So don't get ideas."

Vivian laughed softly.

"Think she will do good at the party today?" John asked.

"Well, I called all the parents and ensured that all her friends will be here, and everyone will be on their best behavior."

"Hope they can see that underneath it all, it's the same person."

"But, she isn't, look at how much she changed?"

"Honey, she is the same underneath, just outward appearances maybe are slightly different. I'm talking about the core, what will always be."

"Don't get so philosophical."

"I just don't want you pushing things, we came close to losing her."

"I don't believe that she was that serious about it, she had a little bit of a bad day, kids that age don't do such things."

"It happens, probably a lot more then we want to admit. I don't want to push her over the edge, just let her be and what will happen will happen."

"If she was close to doing something then it's because of you."

"How do you mean?"

"Your such a softy, a child needs discipline, needs boundaries."

"A child needs love too, and compassion."

"Are you trying to say I had something to do with her grabbing the razor."

"No, I'm not trying to lay blame at all. I am just saying don't push, let it come."

"I did all I need to, her friends know and that was going to be the biggest hurdle. Today she will get a bunch of new toys, appropriate toys."

"Didn't you do anything that wasn't just for girls?" John asked sarcastically.

"You know my dad, and I think he was right."

"Well, we better get things set up, people are going to show up at 10 right."

"Yes, let's decorate. Remember I supervise, you do the grunt work." Vivian said patting her belly.

"I guess it's a reversal from work, I was due."

John and Vivian went down the stairs. John went to the garage and pulled out a big box of party supplies.

"What did you order, hun?" John called out.

"The only thing I could think of. Empty the stuff out."

John did as he was commanded. A couple of bags of pink and white balloons, some pink and white paper ribbons, white paper table covers and pink paper napkins. John set up the tables as Vivian filled the balloons with helium and tied small plastic weights to keep them from floating away.

John finished with the half dozen folding tables. He put the paper table clothes on each. Afterwards he made his way back to his wife. The small den in which she sat was littered with the balloons.

"Think you, got enough there?"

"Just about, tie these up the banister and place a few in bunches outside.

"Yes, sir," John said smugly.

Vivian gave him a look and John grabbed a bunch of balloons and bowed and went on to his task.

John tied a group of four balloons to the bottom of the stairs and did the same to the top. He went out to the front and put a group of four on each side of the pathway leading to the door. He then made his way to the back, making sure that each table got the same amount of balloons.

"She really is going overboard with this pink and white motif," John thought to himself as he went back to the den to get his next task.

"Put these napkins at the tables and set the chairs up. I want to be done by the time she wakes up." Vivian gave orders to John.

John grabbed the napkins, his wife did a good job of folding them. He placed each at their place, he looked down and noticed some writing in white. "It's a girl," John read. "Boy, she really knows how to drive home a point." John then set up the chairs, making the most out of the room available. He also set up a small stereo system, should the need arise.

"Anything else?" John said while entering the den.

"Yes, last thing, put these two things up." Vivian handed her husband two plastic bags.

"What's this?"

"Open them up and see for yourself."

John did just that. He pulled the lettering apart. "It's a girl!" In alternating pink and silver letters shined before his eyes.

"Aren't you pushing this a bit far?"

"Not at all, it's a theme. Remember last Halloween you wanted your pirates theme, you constructed the stern of a ship, that was going too far."

"I guess. Will you just behave during the party?"

"On my very best behavior."

John stared at his wife for a second. He was looking to see if he could get any hints at to what she was really planning. Nothing revealed by her expression, he went on to the tasks that were assigned. He put one of the signs up over the mantle, making sure that it was nice and even. He went out back and found a good place near the head table to place it. He strung it across the longer table, it barely fit, but it did.

"Doesn't look that bad either." John said as he looked upon the setup he created and smiled.

John went back to his wife, and sat down on the sofa.

"How's it look?" Vivian asked.

"Pretty darn good."

"I hope we have enough food?"

"I've seen the spread, trust me we got enough for three of these parties."

"What time you got?"

"Almost eight."

"We better get her up and in the shower."

"Yeah, it's just that time."

"I'll get the dress and help her get ready, she never dressed up like this, I want everything to be perfect."

"You sound nervous."

"It's not everyday you introduce a nine-year-old girl to the world."

"Didn't you do that at the banquet<"

Vivian gave a little grimace, "It's not the same, now, go wake her up."

"Okay, you're the boss, today." John said as he made his way up the stairs.

"Just like every other day," Vivian murmured to herself.

Emily slept on the purple sheet, her left hand propped up the pillow and her head. She gently sucked on her left thumb as her right hand reached out toward the headboard. Her light pink skin contrasted perfectly with the dark purple sheet. The comforter and top blankets had fallen to the floor, probably from losing some epic battle during the night. John stood at the doorway admiring the beauty of his daughter. "Almost a shame to wake her," John thought. "She looks so peaceful."

John casually walked over to his daughter's bed, gently lowering himself to sit on it. He tried hard to give his daughter those precious few seconds extra of sleep. Her long hair draped over her shoulders and the soft, delicate features of the child's face showed that at least in sleep she was free from any torment. "You can barely see any hint of my son," John thought as he eyed the little beauty. He gently placed his hand on the child's shoulder and shook her lovingly.

"Time to get up, sweet pea," John whispered into her ear.

Emily stirred slightly, and batted her eyes until they were fully open. She focused upon her father. "Morning, Daddy," Emily said as she sat up and propped herself against the headboard.

"Morning, sweetie, did you sleep well?"

"Yes, yes, I did," Emily replied.

"Today's the big day."

"Yeah," Emily said unenthusiastically.

"Not excited anymore?"

"Yes, I am, but," Emily trailed off.

"Kind of nervous, too?"

"Yes, I got butterflies in my belly."

"Don't worry, just be yourself and everything will be fine."

"But, who am I?" Emily asked straight faced, like she had been asking herself the question and coming up empty.

"You are my child and I love you very much."

Emily hugged her father and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You are going to look so pretty today, just wait and see."

"I guess."

"Trust me you will and you will see, your friends will go back to being normal.

"I hope so."

"Still afraid we will have a repeat of the banquet?"

"Yes, I'm scared they will laugh at me and say mean stuff again."

"Well, this is your house, you don't have to worry about that stuff here, Mom and I will make sure of it."

"Mom didn't make sure of it last week by telling coach to give me that dumb trophy."

"Mom meant the best, really she did, sometimes we just don't see the method behind her madness."

"Well, I hope wearing this dress makes her happy."

"It will, and it will make me happy too, and I hope it makes you happy as well."

"I don't know, I'd rather wear nothing than a dress."

"Well, I guess that's one way to prove to them that you are a girl, but you might get more proposals then you can handle." Dad laughed.

"Daddy!" Emily said with mock anger and then joined in the laughing. Emily got out of bed, raising her hand to the sky, she stretched out the night's stiffness.

"Okay, honey, you better go take your shower, got to be ready for the first guest when they come."

"Yes, Daddy," Emily said as she headed out the door. In the hallway she ran into mom.

"Big day today, kiddo." Mom smiled.

"Yeah," Emily replied without much energy.

"Aren't you excited?"

"Yes, I'm just still waking up," Emily said searching for an excuse.

"Well, we are going to get you looking as pretty as possible. I want you to take a shower and don't wash your hair, we simply don't have the time. Then I will meet you in your room and help you get ready."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good girl, now chop-chop." Vivian playfully smacked Emily on the bottom, urging her toward the bathroom door.

Emily got the idea and hurried into the bathroom. All of her father's things had been moved out the day before, "Just in case she got other impulses." Emily thought that maybe that was for the best.

She ran the water for the shower, making sure the temperature was just right before getting in. She grabbed a bottle of strawberry shower gel, missing the days when a shower consisted of just a bar of soap. She lathered up a washcloth and cleaned herself diligently. She rinsed off, but instead of getting out right away, she stayed there and enjoyed the solitude. A few minutes passed by and she thought it would be best to get out before pruning. She shut the water off and wrapped a towel around her waist. She dried while still standing in the shower, starting at her chest and working her way down. When sufficiently dried she threw the towel to the floor and stepped on it while exiting.

Emily made her way to the mirror and examined herself. "My God," she thought, "They are growing." Emily pinched her chest and sure enough there was some fat beginning to form.

Emily shook off her horror and made her way back to her bedroom. Mom sat on the bed anticipating her daughters arrival.

"There you are, we are going to make you look like a doll."

Emily smiled and walked over to her mom. She wasn't truly looking forward to this, but let on that she was. She wanted nothing more then to make her parents happy.

"We got to do your hair, but first put these on." Mom held out a pair of ruffled underwear.

"What is this?" Emily questioned.

"Panties."

"Why do they have these things?" Emily pointed out the ruffles.

"Just for looks, now put them on and quit questioning everything."

Emily figured it would be a long enough day and decided not to argue the point with her mother. She stepped into the underwear and pulled them up. The ruffles were behind her and the front looked just like any normal pair. The silky material felt cool against her skin, it sent a sensation of pleasure through her body for a moment.

"See, that's pretty nice, isn't it?" Mom said, sensing the effect.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good girl, now sit down next to Mom, let's do your hair very pretty."

Emily did as she was told. Her mom started with her bangs first, making sure they were just perfect. She then gathered the hair in the back and brushed it back. "It's growing quicker then I thought," Vivian told her daughter as she placed a bright pink hair tie over the hair, forming a quaint ponytail. "There you go honey, look in the mirror, tell me what you think."

Emily stood in front of the mirror, the hair did come out looking nicer and neater now that it was up. She looked and saw the ruffled panties, "ridiculous," she thought. "It's very nice, Mom, I like it like this," Emily told her mother.

"Good, maybe we can keep your hair like this often, it will keep the hair off your neck."

"That would be nice."

"Now come here, still got to accessorize before we get the dress on."

"Yes, ma'am," Emily walked back to the bed, Mom patted the mattress and Emily sat down.

"We got something special, for such a special party."

"What?" Emily asked atheistically but hid her angst at what it could be.

"Stockings," Mom said, "hold out your legs and ill get them on you."

Emily lifted her leg, her mom had a rolled up piece of material in her hand. She slid the silky material on the child's foot and then proceeded to go up until she reached the child's thigh. The elastic ban made a snapping sound as it clinged to Emily's flesh. Vivian followed the same procedure for the other leg as well.

"Go take a look and tell me what you think," mom instructed.

Emily found herself in front of the mirror. The white stockings felt cool against her flesh. The rose pattern seemed almost unreal. "You get more like a girl everyday," she told the little girl in the mirror under her breath.

"Spin around for Mommy."

Emily did just that, feeling this at least would make Mom happy enough not to do anything to make this day be one she would regret.

"Okay, back here." Mom called, and Emily did just that. Mom produced a small glass flask that had a ball on the end. "Stay still and close your eyes." Emily did just that, she felt a mist of liquid hit her. The overwhelming smell of sweet flowers made her cough a little bit.

"Don't worry honey, it will wear off soon," Mom ensured.

"Yes, mommy."

"Now we are ready for the dress." Mom removed the garment from the box. "Up with your arms." Mom commanded as Emily followed the orders. She lowered the dress on her daughter, it felt a little tighter then it did in the store. She slipped her arms through the sheer materials that covered her shoulders. She smoothed the dress down, the skirt wasn't nearly as long as it was in the store.

"It shrunk," Emily told Mom.

"No, honey, I got the correct size, the one in the store was too big, this is the way it's suppose to look."

"But people will see up it." Emily protested.

"That is highly unlikely, and if they do that is what the panties are for."

"Yes, ma'am," Emily said dejected, feeling like her mom tricked her once more. She looked in the mirror, when she spun the skirt kicked up a bit and revealed her ruffled bottom. Emily thought she looked more like a little kid then someone that was soon going to be ten.

"One more thing, honey, then we are done."

"What, a big lollypop, so I can look more like a baby."

Vivian raised her hand, and Emily flinched. "That was a warning, adults will be here today and you better be on your best behavior. Another comment like that and I am sure I can find diapers to fit you, you understand?"

"Yes, Mom."

"And, I was referring to the tiara that the nurse gave to you. She will be coming today."

"She is," Emily's face lit up.

"Yes, she is anxious to see how you were doing."

"Cool."

"Yes, cool indeed." Mom placed the tiara on her daughter.

Emily looked in the mirror, the little girl smiled back at her, almost teasing that she had won some kind of battle between her and Emily's male side. Emily slipped on her shoes, it added another inch to her height, but the little girl still looked as precious as could be.

"Now go downstairs and show your father, I am sure he will be as pleased as I am, and remember to behave."

"Yes ma'am"

"Good, girl," Mom said as Emily left the room.

"Good girl, indeed," Vivian thought, "getting closer to being Mommy's little baby doll, at least for a little while."

Emily slowly made her way down that stairs. "Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this," she thought with every step down. She held onto the railing, which was not her usual custom, fearing uncertain in the low heeled shoes. She found her father in the kitchen, also dressed up, wearing a suit without a tie.

"Oh, my." John said as his eye caught his daughter walking into the room.

"How do I look?" Emily asked in a quiet voice.

"Wow! You look more beautiful then ever." John was awestruck.

"I feel like a fool."

"That's just nerves, baby. Trust me you look great, I have never seen such a beautiful girl."

Emily stood there and blushed. She turned her head and looked down at her shoulder, and crossed her feet, rubbing the top of the right shoe on the top of the left. She looked very much like an embarrassed girl doing that, John thought.

"Come here." John beckoned Emily to him. Gently wrapping his arms around, to not wrinkle the dress, he gave a reassuring hug. At that moment the first knock of the door came.

"You want me to let in the guest?" Dad asked.

"No, it's the first one and I think I'll do it. You can get the rest."

"Okay, it's your party." Dad smiled as Emily left the room. He could almost see a glimpse of her panties as she walked away. "She still doesn't know how cute she is."

Emily opened the door, it was Sean and his mother. Sean's mouth dropped slightly and he stood in disbelief as he stared at his old friend.

"John?" Sean said in wonder.

"It's Emily now, remember."

"I guess so." Sean stood motionless still, his mother nudged him on the back. "Oh, yeah, I got you something."

"Thank you, come in, the party is in the yard." Emily stood to the side to let her guest pass. Sean went towards the back and his mother stopped right in front of Emily.

"Look at you." Sean's mom said.

"Yes?" Emily wondered if she was going to be made fun of or complimented.

"You're an absolute doll aren't you?" The large women said while pinching Emily's cheek.

Emily blushed, she enjoyed the treatment and the attention.

"Well, I know this is probably rough for you and all. You probably won't be used to being a girl for a while. Let me just say for the record though you are very pretty and you are welcome to come to my house and play with Sean whenever you want."

"Thank you, ma'am." Emily said while trying to absorb the comment.

"Where are your parents, sweetheart?"

"Probably both in the kitchen now."

"Okay run off and be with your friend, we old people will stay out of your hair."

Emily watch the large woman head off to the kitchen and decided she should join Sean out back.

Sean was sitting in a chair, munching on some popcorn when Emily caught up to him. He stared at Emily as she walked towards him. His chubby little cheeks were a bit fuller now that he had them full of popcorn.

"What?" Emily said, conscious that Sean was staring at her.

"Nothing."

"It's got to be something, you keep looking at me."

"Well, I guess I didn't believe it until seeing you
dressed like this."

"So I guess you want to make jokes again."

"Why do you keep doing that to me?"

"Doing what?"

"Every time I try to talk to you, you try to turn it into a fight and say I'm making fun of you."

"Well, I guess I'm just expecting it."

"You're my friend."

"Really, even now I'm changed?"

"Yeah, what has that got to do with anything?"

"Well, Charles and the rest didn't seam to want to be my friend."

"I'm not them, I will never be them."

"I guess." Emily sat down in front of Sean.

"Honest, I am still your friend. I think people get stupid over this boy-girl thing anyway. Mom says in a few years it's going to pay off that I'm nice to girls."

"Maybe, I don't know."

"So what's it like?"

"What is what like?"

"You know, being a girl, is it a lot different?"

"In some things it is, like dressing, in other things you just don't think about it."

"So your thing is gone, completely."

Emily nodded.

Sean made a face, "Ouch, that must of hurt."

"It did after, I don't remember when it happened, I was knocked out."

"I wouldn't know what to do if it happened to me."

"Me either," Emily laughed.

Other guest started to arrive. Emily, being a good hostess, left Sean and greeted each of them, thanking them for coming and for the gifts, which each had brought.

Before long the party was in full swing. The tables were full and kids hung together in groups. Emily sat at the head table, a lot of adults came to her. Some said they were sorry this happened, others told her how brave she was, many told her she made a very pretty girl. She heard the comment about making a pretty girl, she started to wonder if that was a compliment or an insult.

After a good twenty minutes, the parents all gathered inside, they were having their own, adult type, party away from the kids. Emily was sure that even though she wasn't there, she would be the main topic of conversation.

As soon as the adults were out of range, Emily was left to fend for herself against any ill-willed comments that might come her way. Charles was the first to come up to her, she knew it would happen and regretted that it did so early in the party.

"Hey, faggot," he called out.

"My name is Emily, is that to hard for your little brain to remember?"

"Hey, I'm surprised you can sit."

"Huh, why?"

"I figured with all the fucking your dad does to you, you must be sore."

"Shut up, that's so gross."

"Will you put out for all of us, are you going to be a baseball whore, like Rachael and Becky?"

"You wish, you couldn't get any girl."

"Well, I know you probably cream for me, now, don't you? Maybe I'll let you suck my cock, if you ask real nice."

"Find it first." Sean called out.

"Stay out of this, it's none of your business."

"I'm making it my business, why don't you just cool it?"

"Who's going to make me?" Charles sneered.

"Maybe I will, you don't need to be such a jerk all the time."

"I know what's going on, you two are boyfriends, you a faggot to Sean?"

"Do you know how stupid you sound?"

"Is sissy John your girl friend?"

"No." Sean said defensively.

"Then mind your business."

"No, go find something else to do and HER name is EMILY."

"She can pretend all she likes, but the slut can't fool me."

Dad poked his head out the door. "Everything okay?"

Charles and his two buddies went to the punchbowl and left Emily and Sean alone.

"Yeah, everything is great dad." Emily called back.

"Okay, lunch will be out in a little bit." Dad said as he disappeared from view.

Charles walked passed Emily on the way to another table, "You going to eat his dick in front of us all?"

Emily just ignored him.

"Don't listen to him, he's an idiot." Sean said.

"Everyone likes him, though, he's going to make school suck."

"We don't like him, so not everyone." Sean laughed.

"Thanks for sticking up for me."

"What are friends for?"

Becky and Rachael walked up to them. Each of them wore a party dress as well, though theirs came down below their knees. Becky wore a light blue dress with puffy sleeves and Rachael wore a soft pink dress that was adorned with pearl-like beads. "Mind if we borrow Emily for a moment?" Becky giggled.

"Sure, make sure you rewind her before you bring her back." Sean laughed.

"Let's go somewhere, where just we can talk okay." Rachael said.

"Sure," Emily lead them to a far end of the yard, there was just a shed there for the lawn care stuff. The girls went around a corner, out of sight.

"What's up?" Emily asked.

"He's cute isn't he?" Becky said.

"Who me?" Emily asked.

"No, Sean, I said 'he' didn't I?"

"Yeah, but some people haven't caught on yet."

"I think he likes you."

"Yeah, he's my friend."

"You still got a lot to learn, don't you?"

"Yes."

Becky and Rachael both laughed, Emily joined in a second later.

"So," Rachael took over the conversation, "you are really one of us now?"

"Yes, I'm trying."

"No, I mean you don't have any boy things hiding between your legs?"

"No, it's gone."

"Cool."

"I guess."

"Do you like being a girl?"

"Sometimes, yeah, but some things I'm not sure of yet."

"Well we wanted to tell you that you can be our friend and we can help you with stuff."

"I thought we were friends." Emily said, not thinking they were ever enemies.

"We were acquaintances, there is a difference. But, you were always nice, not like that idiot that was giving you a hard time before."

"What do I do about him?"

"Just ignore him, in a few years he will be begging just to talk to you."

"I doubt that."

"Trust me, my sister went through it. She's in high school now, and the boys won't leave her alone."

"Yeah, but she is good looking."

"So are you silly, or haven't you noticed that."

"People keep telling me that, but I don't know."

"Well, take it from us, you are going to be getting a lot of calls from boys later on." Becky laughed.

"You do any girl stuff yet?" Rachael asked.

"Like what, I mean I dress and stuff. Do you mean sex stuff?"

"No, why would I ask for that, we aren't boys, it's not all we think about and we don't go around making up stories either."

"I don't know what you mean about girl stuff."

"Ballet, gymnastics, you know, things that you used to think were just for girls."

"I do some knitting with my mom, cause the baby is
coming, I'm good at it, too."

"Cool, you going to be a babysitter?"

"I hope so."

"Ask for 5 dollars a night, they probably would give you a thousand a night if they get desperate enough. But five is good, they can afford it and think you aren't taking advantage of them."

"You mean they will really pay?"

"Sure, my aunt give me 20 a night, but she has twins."

"Cool."

"You play with any dolls yet?"

"I play with my friends Jessie's dolls, but it's only fun if she is around."

"Where is she?"

"She has to spend the next week with her dad, it's one of those divorce things."

"Too bad, this is a nice party, she is missing out."

"Yeah, it's fun kind of, I feel maybe I'm too old for it."

"Nah, sometimes it's fun when there isn't anything else to do. You think of anything you want to do that you haven't yet."

"I was thinking ballet, I actually wanted to ask my dad and mom, but they were doing this party."

"Cool, ask, you can do it with us, it's only twice a week."

"Yeah," Becky added, "and you get to hang out with a lot of cool people."

"Do you all wear pink?" Emily asked.

"Some do occasionally," Rachael answered, "But the little kids are the ones that are usually all in pink, most of us wear black."

"Oh, Jessie said it was mostly pink."

"How old is she?" Becky asked rolling her eyes.

"She is seven."

"That explains it." Becky laughed. "Those little kids are adorable."

"Food's ready," Dad called out.

"We better get back to everyone else." Emily told them.

"Okay," Rachael said, "so want to be friends?"

"Yea, you bet." Emily said, smiling.

"Okay, hold your pinky out." Becky instructed.

Emily stretched out her hand and held out her pinky. Becky did the same, crossing her pinky with Emily's. Rachael did the same thing, all three pinkies were intertwined. "Okay," Becky said, "On the count of three we all say 'friends'. Ready, one, two, three."

"Friends," they all said in unison, then burst into a fit of laughter.

The three girls headed back to the party together. Emily stood in between Becky and Rachael, her arms were on each of their shoulders and each of them had their arm around her. Dad watched as they approached, noticing how happy Emily appeared to be.

"Not getting in too much trouble, were we, girls?" John asked the trio.

"No Daddy, just talking, you know girl stuff." Emily giggled.

"Okay, here's a plate, be careful not to be messy."

"Yes, sir." Each girl took a plate and made their way to the head table. At one end a nice pile of gifts accumulated.

"Your dad is cute." Rachael said.

"Why do people keep telling me that?"

"I think she needs her eyes checked." Becky joked.

The girls showed Emily how to sit down in the skirt, Emily didn't know she was doing it wrong. Or as Becky said "You're going to give everyone a show."

The party went on, the kids ate and chatted amongst themselves. They were all well dressed and that made most games out of the question. They did have a doll-shaped pinata, that burst with a bunch of candy and coupons for free sundaes and the like.

The parents had decided that the gifts probably should be opened later, after everyone left. They justified it because it wasn't a birthday or Christmas and many of the children might start begging for gifts and annoying the adults. It was coming up on 1 pm and the parents decided that it was long enough for a party. The kids had their fill of listening to music and of chatting with each other. That and they already set the record for keeping clean in nice clothes and the parents didn't want to tempt fate. Everyone began to leave, one by one.

Soon the only guest that remained was Sean.

"You going to stay forever?" Emily asked.

"No, just like being the last, someone might of left something behind really cool, that's how I plan on making my first million."

"How?"

"I Figure if everyone leaves something I can open my own Wal-Mart." Sean laughed.

"You're silly." Emily said while noticing Sean was still staring.

"Sometimes I can be, but not all the time."

"Getting used to seeing me as a girl?"

"Yes, its different, not bad different, just different. But, you are still cool."

"Thanks."

"I was wondering if," Sean trailed off, looking like he lost his nerve to ask something.

"If what?"

"If you had a good time and really like being my friend?" Sean recovered.

"Yes, the party was nice, except for Charles. I always like being your friend."

"Cool."

"Becky and Rachael think you're cute, they told me."

Sean blushed, "Cool." It looked as if he wanted to say something more, but the words never materialized.

"Well, I got to go, Mom is waiting," Sean finally spoke.

"Okay. Thanks for coming and thanks for sticking up for me."

"Anytime, ma'am." Sean tipped an imaginary hat and then took Emily's hand and kissed it, just like in the old style movies.

"You are too silly." Emily laughed while pulling her hand away.

Sean just said bye real quick and ran off to meet his mother.

Dad came up beside her, "What was that all about?"

"Sean being silly," Emily answered.

"Yeah, guys are like that around pretty girls."

"Dad, he's a boy and my friend."

"Yes, true, anyway," Dad changed subjects, "we got a surprise visitor, go to the den to meet them."

"Cool," Emily smiled and ran off. She got to the den in record time. "Nurse Rose," she squealed.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite patient?"

"You're not in white."

"No, that's just for work."

"I'm glad you came, Mom said you would."

"I know, she asked, said you were having some difficulties, too."

"Sometimes."

"Well, what do you think about being a girl, different aye?"

"Yes, all the counseling in the hospital didn't really prepare me, I don't think."

"Nah, the thinking of it and the reality are usually different."

"I noticed." Emily sat across from Nurse rose, her legs crossed at the ankles and her hand in her lap.

"Well, you are getting some things down right." Nurse Rose pointed out.

"I know, it's just a battle sometimes between the girl me and the boy me."

"Honey, a lot of people have that, you just have different circumstances."

"I know, I just wish I got used to be a girl all the time and didn't have times of not liking it."

"Well, do you spend more time liking or not liking being a girl."

"I think now more time."

"You just need to be born again a girl."

"That sounds like church."

"Kind of," Nurse Rose laughed, "just in this instead of being born to God, you let your girl side all the way out."

"Huh?"

"It's like your mom, she has a baby inside her, but that baby won't grow to be someone like you unless you let it out. If you want to be a girl, truly do, unless you let it all the way out, you won't grow and be happy."

"I think I get it."

"Good, cause I'm not sure I got it." They both laughed.

"I'm still glad you came."

"Well, I wanted to ask you something."

"What?"

"Next week is my wedding, I haven't any young girls in my family, I was wondering if you would do me a favor?"

"Sure, anything."

"Would you like to be the flower girl, all you have to do is sprinkle rose leaves on the floor."

"You bet." Emily smiled.

"Good, I will have the prettiest flower girl in the world."

The two sat in the den for awhile, chatting about the wedding, and the party. Before long, nurse Rose had to go, still a lot of planning to do before her wedding. She hugged Emily and went on her way.

"Have fun?" Dad asked, with Mom by his side.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought." Emily answered.

"By the look of the smile," Mom interrupted, "I'll say it went much better then you expected."

"Yes," Emily laughed. Her parents were happy to see her so joyful.

"You didn't even remember about your dress, it was like second nature."

"Yeah, I guess I didn't mind at all." Emily admitted.

"Good, you can help your dad clean up in it and then you can open your presents, deal?"

"Deal." Emily ran off to get some garbage bags.

"It's nice to see her happy." John told his wife.

"See, I told you to trust my methods," Vivian said smugly.



This makes for a nice stopping point. There are still presents to be opened. Oh and Emily a flower girl, sounds like fun. Next chapter should be in a week or so. I am slowing down the pace, another project has come up and I do have college classes to pass Enjoy and comment... even the negative ones inspire me to write more.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nurses know best...

Andrea Lena's picture

...interesting take on the words, 'born again.' And there can be so many spiritual connotations in becoming on the outside what she is on the inside, yes? I'd best be moving; I've got chapters one through ten to catch up. Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Having already read this series

Seeing this chapter makes me cringe because I know what's coming. Oh poor Emily... I hope that you'll give us some closure for the poor child. The last chapter published seemed more a climax than an end.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Seeing Emily having fun

at the party was great! But wondering about the boys that call her names. Wil they be a problem for her?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Where is the rest?

Teek's picture

I know for a fact this is a completed story. I had read the complete story many years ago and was confused when this one stopped where it did. After getting this far I went on a hunt to find the rest of the story.

The complete story has parts in it I don't like and usually avoid while reading, but considering the authors background I completely understand why they are in there. I think the rest of the story should be brought over here and let people decide. I know I feel some of the best chapters of this story have not been posted here.

This is a story from your past Katie, but that just goes to show you have been a good writer for a long time and dealing with your past through writing for a long time. Keep writing Katie, and as your life starts to bloom your writing will reflect the more more cheerful side of your personality. I know I have enjoyed some of your more fluffy stuff as well as the darker ones. (Okay I like the fluffy stuff the best but that is my personality.)

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

porting over

Someone was migrating the story over and I guess they got tired. I suppose I could do it myself.

There are actual parts that make me cringe. I have come a long way, both as a writer and as a person.

thank you, and I still love your graphic.

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life