Beautiful Justice | Part 3: The Destroyer

Printer-friendly version

So it was the Keeli found herself beside the King and in front of the assembled men.

The King began, "Warriors, you have been gathered here to go on an important mission behind enemy lines. You have been selected for you competence as warriors and your discretion as men. All of you here at least know of High Master Keelor," the men all nodded. "High Master Keelor has made a great sacrifice to stop this madman in the north. Most of you will not even recognize...err...him anymore. I would like to present to you your leader in this most important of missions. This is Lady Keelicia, Guardian, that's right I said Guardian, of Beautiful Justice, formerly High Master Warrior Keelor."

beautifuljustice.gif

by Lisa Caitlin Grey


 
Ok, here it is, ladies and gentlemen...my second attempt at writing fiction. I don't feel that this story contains the same emotional depth of my previous story, but of course we are all our own worst critics, yes? It is significant to me as it is my first attempt at a completely original work. I guess I will rely on my readers to give me feedback on what they think. I don't plan to be a prolific writer as my muse is fickle. I am, however, ambitious enough to hope that when I do manage to complete a story, readers will say, "Oh goodie! Another Lisa Grey story."
 

Gemstone Guardians-Book 1

 

Part 3: The Destroyer

 
Chapter 30
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
The companions found themselves on the trail very soon the next morning. It seemed as though they all were eager to do what had to be done, eager, but not without trepidation. They all knew that what they were doing was very dangerous and they knew that some of their friends might very well die. Hence, their attitudes were serious as they took to the trail.

Their first stop was at the temple of Skyla. They were informed that Anderpaul was now indeed a Destroyer, and had consolidated his position as ruler of the Jadewood Forest. His army of henchmen crushed any town that refused to submit to his harsh taxation.

The party had been traveling for three days when they entered a small village. It had been sacked. The survivors were sifting through the charred debris that had once been their homes and shops.

In the center of the village, a command post had been setup. From the way people were coming and going, this appeared to be were the leader of the people was. Keeli and her friends entered the tent.

"What happened here," Keeli asked.

"The emperor," a man with graying hair said with a sneer, "didn't think we had given him enough of our winter supplies for his war effort. So he sent his henchmen to take them. They burned the village as a lesson to others."

"War effort?" Keeli prompted.

"Yes stranger," The man said. "Our new and unwanted emperor has decided to begin a campaign to take over the southern kingdoms. He is amassing an army on the southern border."

"How do you know all this," Falcon asked.

"Because his men came around to recruit our men, promising great rewards to those that chose to join the emperor's army," the man explained. "Now if you will excuse me, we are very busy trying to salvage what we can and prepare for the coming winter, so unless you are here to help, please leave."

"There must be something we could do for these people," Keeli said as they stood outside the tent.

"What can we do?" Natalia asked. "We dare not take the time to stay and help them rebuild."

"This is true," Ashrod said in agreement. "The best way we can help these people is to stop Anderpaul."

"There has to be some way to help them," Keeli said again. "These people are going to die this winter if they don't get some kind of relief."

"How about we travel to the next village and ask them to donate some of their winter supplies," Jarrith suggested.

"That is a great idea," Falcon said causing Jarrith to blush.

"So it's a plan then. We will stop at every village between here and Ashrod's manor, and ask them to help out," Keeli said.

After informing the village leader of their plan, they once again set off. The companions would find they would have to do some hard selling to get the other villages to agree to help.
 
 
Chapter 31
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
"I am truly sorry, miss," The village leader was telling Keeli. "The emperor has taken most of our winter stock as well. We won't survive the winter if we give any of it away."

"There must be something you can do," Keeli was getting tired of saying that. "You don't need to give much. If everybody gives a little it will go a long way. If doesn't even have to be food. How about man power to help them rebuild their shelters, so at least they will have some protection from the elements? Maybe you could send clothing and blankets, anything would help them at this point."

"You are persuasive, young lady," the man said. "We will send what we can."

"Can you do one more thing for me?" Keeli asked.

"What would that be," the man said, his patience obviously wearing thin.

"Could you send people to the surrounding villages and ask them to help," Keeli requested.

"Very well. Consider it done," The village leader told her.

"Thank you," Keeli said. "I promise, the emperor will pay for the suffering he has caused."

"And just who is going to make him pay?" the man inquired.

"I am," Keeli said simply.

"Girl, you are mad. You will never get within a league of him. He has taken up residence in the Firemore keep. It is well guarded, and even if you do manage to get by the guards, it is said that the emperor has powers. It is said that no man can best him in combat."

"Then it is a good thing I am no man then, isn't it," Keeli smiled.

"No, you are not a man that is for sure, but you are insane. Good fortune to you, girl," the man said.

They went to a dozen villages and had similar scenes. The villages all reluctantly agree to send what aid they could, and one thing became clear. The companions were going to need help to defeat Anderpaul. The reports given to them said the Keep housed 200 of Anderpaul's most loyal soldiers on a war footing. They would an army to get past that many men.

By the time they had reached Ashrod's manor, they were despairing ever getting to the evil warlord. They had discussed many plans of sneaking in, but it always came down to there were too many men there to hold off, or overcome. Then Keeli had an idea, as they traveled the last league to Ashrod's.

"What about the southern kingdoms," she said. "They are surely on a war footing and wish to put an end to Anderpaul. Perhaps they would give us the assistance we need to get in Firemore. Besides, I know a king or two that owes me a favor."

"It might not be that simple, Keeli," Falcon said. "You may know a few kings that owe Keelor a favor but they will not know you, and they are going to be dubious at best about you if you claim you are Keelor."

"Perhaps you are right. Maybe the fact that I am a Guardian will convince them that we at least have a chance at stopping Anderpaul," Keeli suggested.

"I suppose it is worth a chance," Natalia said, and everybody agreed, lacking a better plan.

"It's settled then," Keeli said. "We stay at Ash's place tonight and then set out to treat with the southern kingdoms in the morning."
 
 
Chapter 32
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
Three weeks later, five of the companions approached the main gate of the castle of the Deir Kingdom. Ashrod had chosen to stay behind to gather more information in preparation to gain entry into Firemore Keep. The rest of the party had to fight through the patrols that were guarding the border so were very weary when the castle loomed into view.

When they reached the gate, they were challenged by the guards. The guards at first were reluctant to let them in, until Natalia approached the captain and whispered in his ear. As she spoke, his eyes widened and he looked at Keeli, who smile at him. He asked them to wait there for a minute and disappeared.

He returned after a few minutes and told them that the King was very busy at the moment but would be glad to meet with them first thing in the morning. He told them he was instructed to show them to the guest rooms of the castle and provide for them anything they required. This suited the companions just fine as they were tired and reeked of the trial, and that was surely no way to meet with a king.

They were escorted to their rooms and were provided the use of a tub and after they had bathed, a hot meal. They spent the night in comfortable beds and were well rested when morning awakened them to the smell of a wonderful breakfast. So it was they the companions, well rested and well feed, were finally summoned to their audience with the King of Deir.

They were told to wait in the antechamber until they were announced. Keeli was a little surprised at how they announced her. She recalled a morning some months ago when she had a similar introduction, although it was far more flippant then.

"Announcing, Lady Keelicia, Guardian of Beautiful Justice and company, seeking an audience with the King," the herald boomed out.

Keeli and "company" entered the throne room and approach the King. They stopped at a respectful distance and bowed to the man seated on the throne. There they waited to be acknowledged.

"Greetings, Lady Keelicia. To what do I owe the honor of your presence before me?" the King asked.

"Your majesty, we know you are on the brink of war with this self styled emperor to the north," Keeli said. "What do you know of him?"

"I have heard that he is an evil, uncommonly powerful man. It is even said he is a Destroyer, though one of those has not walked the land in a century. It is also known that Guardians have not walked the land for just as long," the King said looking at Keeli meaningfully. "What is it that you want?"

"Your majesty, I have been charged with stopping the evil one. I mean to enter his very lair and apply divine justice to his backside. However to ensure this can take place we need a small group of warriors to help us get past the men guarding the keep," Keeli told the King.

"A bold plan, Lady. Forgive me but what you ask would require me to detach a sizable number of my most elite knights, while we are posturing for war. How can I do this when I don't even know if you are who you claim to be?" the King asked.

"You Majesty wants proof that I am indeed a Guardian?" The King nodded. "Very well," said Keeli as she surveyed the room. "You," she said pointing finally at the largest guard in the room, "Come over here and bring that table beside you there."

The man was an absolute giant. He was 6'5 and his arms were bigger around than Keeli's waist. He looked questioningly at the king. The king nodded and the huge man picked up the table effortlessly and approached Keeli.

"Put that down here," Keeli instructed and the guard complied. "What is your name, soldier?"

"I am Ackmoore," the guard answered.

"Ackmoore, you look like a strong man," Keeli observed. "Have you ever arm wrestled?"

"Yes, milady," Ackmoore said glancing at his King, "I am undefeated amongst the guard."

"That is great, my friend," Keeli said smiling at him. "Unfortunately I am about to break your winning streak."

Keeli leaned down slightly and put her arm in position on the table, waiting expectantly. Ackmoore looked from her face to the delicate arm and tiny waiting hand. He also had a good view of her cleavage in her bent position.

"Are you sure, milady? I would hate to hurt you," Ackmoore said.

"You are not afraid of a little girl, are you?" Keeli said taunted gently, smiling even bigger at him.

He glanced again at the king, who nodded. "As you wish, milady," he said smiling a tolerant smile that one might give a child that had just said he could pick up a mountain.

He leaned way down and took Keeli's tiny hand in his. Her hand disappeared in his as he closed his huge blunt fingers over it. He and Keeli were still smiling at each other when Falcon said, "Go!"

Being someone with a flare for the dramatic, Keeli let him push her arm over toward the table. She could tell he was not using his full strength either. When her arm halted its progress toward the tabletop, his eyes widened a bit and he stepped up the power. When his arm began to move back toward the upright position, the surprise on his face turned to shock. Beads of sweat popped out on his forehead as he struggled fruitlessly to stop the progress of his arm toward the tabletop. Keeli had smiled at him the whole time and didn't even seem to be making an effort, but she could tell this man was hideously powerful. Still, he might as well have been attempting to lift the castle. Despite all his strength, the back of his hand soon rested on the tabletop. She released his hand and stood up. Ackmoore stood rubbing his beleaguered arm and looked in awe at the tiny girl that had just effortlessly beaten him.

"Well, your majesty, are you convinced?" Keeli asked as Ackmoore returned with the table to his post.

"With respect, Lady Keelicia, all that proves is you are stronger than you look," the King said, as the other companions mouths dropped open.

"Very well, your majesty, how do you suggest I prove who I am?" Keeli asked tolerantly.

"It has been said that Guardians came move things without touching them or using any incantations. Can you do this?" the King asked her.

Without taking her eyes off the King, Keeli pointed at Ackmoore. There was a gasp from all but six people in the room. Five were Keeli and her companions. The sixth was Ackmoore who had burst forth with a string of expletives as he floated off of the ground and rose into the air following Keeli's arm. She moved him through the air and deposited him on the chandelier where he clung to the fixture twenty feet off the ground.

"Well done, milady," the King said smiling at her warmly. "Now if you don't mind, Ackmoore is quite a heavy fellow and I believe I hear the rope creaking. I would hate to lose him or the chandelier."

Keeli lowered the frightened Ackmoore back to his position by the wall and as she let go of him he collapsed, overwrought.

"Thank you, milady," the king said. "You have shown yourself to be a very powerful individual, but these are tense times. Forgive me, but how can I be sure you are not in league with this "emperor" and this is not just a ruse to lure away our best warriors and ambush them."

Keeli's four companions looked at each other in exasperation. Keeli just smiled.

"Your majesty, do you remember a High Master Warrior Keelor?" Keeli asked the King.

"Indeed I do," the King said. "I am proud to say he is my friend, and has saved my life on more than one occasion in battle when I was a prince. What of him?"

"You majesty, would it shock you to know he is right here in this very room," Keeli asked with a mystifying grin.

The king looked around the room before saying, "Young lady, if that is so where is he?"

"Your majesty, he stands right before you," Keeli said smiling broader and locking eyes with the King with her slate grey eyes, Keelor's slate grey eyes.

"Powerful you may be, young lady, but Keelor you are not. Keelor is a large man, not a small woman. Keelor has sandy brown hair, yours is black as pitch. In fact, the only feature the two of you share are those slate grey..." the Kings voice trailed off as he saw something in those eyes. "By the gods! It can't be."

"Yes, your majesty, that was quite similar to my reaction when I found out Skyla's price for giving me the power to stop the emperor," Keeli explained still smiling.

"If you are indeed Keelor," the King said, obviously still trying to get his mind around the concept, "then you know things about me nobody else does."

Keeli began to move toward the King, but the guards stiffened and took a step forward.

"Be at ease, men," the King commanded. "You probably could not stop her if she intended harm anyway." He beckoned Keeli to continue.

Keeli stepped up beside the King and leaned down whispering in his ear. The King began smiling, and then the smile grew until the King was laughing in great rolling laughs.

"Keelor swore he would never tell anyone that, and Keelor would die before breaking his word of honor, so Keelor you must be," the King said wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes. "Gods, how can you stand it?"

Keeli looked back at Natalia, and said, "It has its rewards."

"Very good, milady...err...How should I address you?" the King asked.

"You may address me in the feminine, as that is my life for the foreseeable future," Keeli told him.

"Very well, milady. It has been a long time my friend," the King stood and embraced Keeli. "What you ask of me, it will be done but come give us some details so we can decide just how many men you will need."

The King unconsciously linked arms with Keeli as a man would when escorting a woman. He realized what he had done and moved to let go, but Keeli stopped him. The King shrugged and began walking. They were walking to the war room where his generals were planning for the inevitable attack. The companions trailed a little further back as the two discussed old times.
 
 
Chapter 33
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
After much discussion, it was decided that Keeli would assault Firemore Keep with thirty warriors at her back. The King had wanted to send more, but Keeli sited the difficulty of moving that many men around in hostile country without being noticed. The King had grudgingly agreed.

It took two days for the warriors who would be going with her to be assembled. Many were from nearby kingdoms. They were master warriors all, and Keeli recognized many faces from her past. One face was from the not so distant past. Ackmoore had insisted that he be allowed to accompany them, though it was unclear whether this was out of desire for action or to get away from the ribbing he was taking over having his winning streak broken by a tiny girl.

Natalia cleared up his motives when she told Keeli, "I think he likes you. He has been staring at you for days with those puppy dog eyes."

"What's not to like," Keeli smiled.

The plan was that they would break up the men into groups of six. One of the companions would lead each group to Ashrod's manor. They would go in intervals of one group per day, to lessen the chance of detection.

"Keelicia," the King said, still having trouble reconciling his old friend to the raven haired beauty before him, "These men all knew you personally or at least of you before...the change. I think they should know whom they are going into hostile lands with. They will respect you more and knowing what you have sacrificed to stop this madman, they will be more motivated."

"Very well, there is a certain wisdom in that," Keeli agreed.

So it was the Keeli found herself beside the King and in front of the assembled men.

The King began, "Warriors, you have been gathered here to go on an important mission behind enemy lines. You have been selected for you competence as warriors and your discretion as men. All of you here at least know of High Master Keelor," the men all nodded. "High Master Keelor has made a great sacrifice to stop this madman in the north. Most of you will not even recognize...err...him anymore. I would like to present to you your leader in this most important of missions. This is Lady Keelicia, Guardian, that's right I said Guardian, of Beautiful Justice, formerly High Master Warrior Keelor."

This revelation hit like a bolt of lightning. The gathered men gasped and murmuring started throughout the gathered men. "It can't be""what happened to him""surely this is some sort of joke"

"I know this is hard for you all to believe, but Lady Keelicia has proven to me absolutely that she is indeed High Master Keelor, though that title no longer applies. Lady Keeli, would you like to address the men?" the King went on after the murmuring died down.

"I know you are all wondering how this happened," Keeli addressed them. "This body was the price Skyla exacted in return for conferring on me the powers of a Guardian. I would do it again in return for the power to stop that monster calling himself the emperor." Keeli drew her katana holding it slightly forward and aloft. "I salute you all for having the courage to go into battle against overwhelming odds. If any of you would like to speak with me before we set off, you are welcome to."

Ackmoore draw his sword and held it aloft, waiting. He nudged the man beside him after a pause. Soon one by one the men drew their blades in salute. When all thirty blades where pointed skyward, Ackmoore boomed, "To Lady Keelicia, for her sacrifice to save us all from the Destroyer."

"Here, here," the gathered warriors said.
 
 
Chapter 34
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
That was four weeks ago. The men were now camped in the forest spread out in five man squads while Keeli and the others planned the assault on the keep. Ashrod had been busy. He had somehow come up with a map of the inside of the keep. He had also been making these magical devises that when thrown, exploded on impact sending steel pellets flying in all directions. They were truly deadly devices.

Before long, they hammered out a plan. Keeli called one man from each squad hidden within the woods and explained to them how it was to occur. They listened intently so they could relay the plan to their fellows.

"OK, here is the plan," Keeli said. "Firemore Keep is one and a half days travel from here, though it may take us a little longer because we dare not use the trail. We will approach as close as we can to the Keep while avoiding detection. There we will wait. When night falls and activity in the Keep winds down we will approach under cover of darkness. When we reach this wall here, I will move three men with rope ladders to the top of the wall. There they will secure the ladders and let them down. The rest of us will then scale the wall and gather on the other side. From there we will stealthily take out any sentries."

"Our immediate objective is this door here. It is the main entry to the keep proper. These buildings on the outside flanking the courtyard are the guard barracks. Our intelligence says officers are the only ones allowed rooms inside the keep, though there will surely be guards. Once we get inside that door, you men will hold it. We figure there will be no more than thirty or so guards and officers inside the keep. The six of us will take care of those, while we search for the Destroyer."

"The door you men hold will be a bottle neck and should allow you to hold it against the guards indefinitely. After we take care of the Destroyer, we will meet you back at the door and, if necessary, we will fight our way out. I really don't think it will be necessary, since once they find out their supposedly unbeatable Leader is dead they will think twice about engaging the forces responsible. Any questions?"

"What if you fail to defeat the Destroyer?" one of the warriors asked.

"Pray that doesn't happen, soldier," Keeli told him grimly, "because if it does, we are all dead. Any more questions?" Keeli prompted.

There were none, so the men returned to their units to brief them on the plan. They had also been given bags of the magic explosive balls and instructed on their use. There were three per man.

It was decided that they would set out two days hence. As preparations were made the companions were mostly quiet. They sat around sharpening their weapons and checking arrows and sling shot. Natalia and Falcon were still acting a little cool towards each other, but Keeli figured that would stop soon. Mortal jeopardy tended to have that effect, that is, making one forget one is angry with the person watching their back.
 
 
Chapter 35
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
Falcon was standing watch as his companions slept. They were hidden in the woods camped after their first day's travel. Somewhere in the darkness, he knew were five other groups of sleeping warriors each with its own guard.

Suddenly the hair on the back of Falcon's neck stood up and he heard a female voice softly call his name. He looked at his companions but they were all sleeping soundly. He heard it again. It was coming from the woods. He slowly drew his sword and moved toward the voice.

He had followed the voice about as far from camp as he dared and was about to turn back and go wake the others, when he saw a soft green glow just ahead of him. He moved forward cautiously. The green glow seemed to be coming from a matronly looking woman with pale green skin and green eyes. She was dressed in a plain robe adorned with flowers and leaves. In spite of her matronly appearance she was very beautiful. Though Falcon had never seen her in his life he knew exactly who she was. He fell to his knees.

"Oh great mother Gianna, why have you appeared to your humble servant," Falcon said to his goddess.

"Falcon, my child, you have pleased me," Gianna said. "I have come at the behest of my brother Kale. He has sent this for you."

She held out a single arrow. The fletching was an iridescent silvery color and the tip was a diamond. The arrow felt slightly warm to his touch as he accepted it.

"Kale has said to tell you, use it only when the time is right. He said that you would know when that time is. He said there is treachery afoot and that you and your companions should be wary."

"Thank you, great mother Gianna. I will try not to fail you," Falcon said.

"I have one more thing for you, this one from me," Gianna handed him an emerald pendant indicating he was now a Chosen One of Gianna.

"Thank you great mother! I will strive to be worthy of the honor you have conferred upon me," Falcon vowed.

Gianna smiled at him and began to fade away. As she did so she said, "Oh, and should you and your companions overcome the Destroyer, go to the temple of Sabri. There you will be rewarded." And she was gone.

Falcon made his way back to camp. He checked on his companions. They were all still sleeping soundly. He sat down and began to examine the arrow he still held, at least as much as he could by the pale moonlight. It practically hummed with power. He knew it was heavily enchanted. Recalling the goddess's words he wondered what treachery was going to waylay them. He put the arrow in his quiver and touched the pendant he now wore.

He was a Chosen One now and should have powers like Keelor once had, still had, only amplified. Falcon closed his eyes and tried to activate some power. Suddenly, he was looking down on himself from above. He could see perfectly in the dim moonlight. He saw his companions sleeping around him. Then his view rushed down and stopped beside his body, looking up at it.

Falcon opened his eyes and his view returned to where it should be. He looked over beside him and there sat an owl looking at him. He realized he was seeing what the owl was seeing. He was able to see through the eyes of creatures now.

"But can I do more," Falcon whispered, closing his eyes once again.

His view returned to that of the owl. 'Let's patrol the campsites of the other warriors,' he thought and his view rose up and began moving quickly through the trees. It finally stopped in a tree above a camp of sleeping warriors. The guard was alert and looked up in the direction of the owl, but he couldn't possibly see the owl. He was just hearing the sound of wings.

This scene was repeated four more times before the owl returned to the tree above Falcon. 'Thank you my friend,' Falcon thought to the creature. 'Please warn me if you see any dangers approaching.' He thought a mental picture of one of Anderpaul's men to the owl and the owl wordlessly agreed to Falcon's request. Falcon opened his eyes and smiled. It was time to awaken Natalia for her watch.
 
 
Chapter 36
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
Keeli, Falcon, and Natalia lay hidden in the underbrush watching the keep. Night had fallen and they had lowered the portcullis and closed the doors into the keep. Soon things were quiet.

"It is time," Keeli said. "Falcon, go have the men move up to this position."

Falcon vanished in the darkness.

"Well lover, this is it. This is the moment we have been working toward all this time. Are you ready?" Keeli asked Natalia.

"Not yet," she said and leaned over and kissed Keeli deeply and passionately. "I love you. Now I am ready."

"I love you too, whatever happens," Keeli said a little breathlessly.

Soon they heard the muffled sounds of thirty men approaching. The men all took up positions in three groups.

"Are the ladder men ready?" Keeli asked softly.

Three equally soft yeses.

Keeli pointed to the first and he began to float up to the top of the wall of the keep. As soon as he was placed there safely, the second man, and then, the last swiftly followed him. The men secured their ladders and silently let them down.

With choreographed precision, the archers, including Falcon, were the first up the ladders. Soon everyone was over the wall. The archers had been picking their targets. There were two guards flanking the entry to the keep proper. Several others were spread out in roving patrols. Keeli waited until they had a shot at all the guards, and gave the signal. The guards all fell within seconds of each other, two arrows each buried deeply in their chests. They died without a chance to make a sound.

The company had almost made it to the door when dumb luck betrayed them. A guard walked out of the barracks, most likely to relieve himself, and saw them crossing to the door.

"To arms! To arms!" He called as he turned and ran back in the building. "Intruders in the Keep! To arms!"

All thought of stealth gone, the company ran towards their objective. As guards began pouring from the barracks, the company found the door locked. Natalia quickly began to pick the lock, as Keeli drew her swords, blurred and disappeared. Soon guards began falling from wounds inflicted by Keeli's unseen blades and the archers' arrows.

As soon as Natalia sprung the lock, everyone rushed in and the portcullis was dropped. Natalia began to panic when she looked around.

"Where is Keeli? Oh gods, we left her out there. We have to open the door and let her in, before she is cut to pieces," Natalia was saying when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Natalia wheeled around and found Keeli standing there looking innocent. Natalia groaned in annoyance but that was cut short by the first of the interior guards arriving. He was dealt with quickly.

"Ok people, this is it," Keeli said. "That portcullis and door won't hold them long, be careful and good luck. Let's go find the villain and administer some justice!"

Keeli and her companions moved quickly through the halls, eliminating any guards and officers that dared to oppose them. Soon they stood in the long hall that led to the throne room. This was where they expected to find Anderpaul. Alarm bells were ringing in Keeli's head that something wasn't right. There were no guards.

Cautiously the companions approached the door. There was still no sign of any guards when they reached the door. They looked at each other wordlessly wishing each other luck. Keeli had reached out to open the door when it opened by itself. There seated on a throne, was the Destroyer, Anderpaul himself.

"Welcome. I have been expecting you," Anderpaul cackled evilly.
 
O++++{{=========>
 
 
In the fourth and final part, Keeli and her companions face the final confrontation with the evil destroyer, but the gods have a little twist of their own to add. --LCG
 
I would like to thank those that helped me with the proofing and structure of the story. I would also love to hear any and all constructive feedback. --LCG

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay!

I've been waiting for this chapter! Interesting that other gods are taking a hand in things. Who is the traitor? Just how bad is this? *Sigh* I guess we'll have to wait.
Hugs!
grover

No Depreciation of your skills young lady !

I want you to know that I have found your prior two chapters to be highly entertaining. As far as I am concerned, depreciative self humor is totally inappropriate and will not be tolerated in the future. Am I clear on that !?! :)

Gwenellen

Beautiful Justice

I just re-read this last week, and here it pops up on the golden oldies list. I have to say again, that Keelor is one of my favorite heroes, and this is a great story.

Pretty good story, but the

Pretty good story, but the characters seem to be one dimensional. That definitetly could be better.

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi