Pop Pop and the Unexpected Bridesmaid - Part 3 After the Wedding

Printer-friendly version

Pop Pop and the Unexpected Bridesmaid — 3After the Wedding’s Over

By Jessica C


*Thanks to K-jo for being able to mention her presence in the story.
Marcy was at the doorway, though I don’t know for how long, “That was very cute L’tle Sis, remind me to tell you sometime when you will remember. …Thanks, Josh for all of your help. She's not used too many days like this week.”

There is something therapeutic about taking care of oneself, getting ready for bed and talking to another girl. I could feel myself come back to life… I took a quick shower, wrapping one towel around my hair and another around my body. …I scooted on a baby-doll bottom and then the top as the towel in perfect timing. The other women laughed, “Boy she has learned a lot in less than a week.”

Somewhere in there, I fell asleep faintly remembering my sisters and Carolina Mama praying over me and each giving me a kiss goodnight... I was restless wondering when I get a chance to change back to being Brice... After Mandy and Richard set out for the Honeymoon we were to go to the shore. Pop Pop and I would head home from there. I was sure it was Brice who was to go to the beach, and that I needed to get back to being him, however, some wanted me at the beach as Brianna. Who was to win out?


Pop Pop and the Unexpected Bridesmaid — 3



By Jessica C

On our way to the beach, I fell asleep as did Marcy and Faith. I spoke of the desire to switch back to Brice, but I unloaded Brianna’s clothes and Ruth took me to a store just off the beach to buy a swimsuit. She knew enough as we got to the store to take hold of my hand. I saw the women inside and the swimsuits, fear gripped me. I tried to bolt from the store but Ruth had my hand; she smiled at me having expected my reaction.

“Brianna, relax and realize this time is for you. You have had a special week and you should relax and enjoy this as a girl now appearing as a young woman.” Ruth’s words spoke to me and I found myself hugging her with tears in my eye but not crying.

Ruth told me the size to look for when I found suits I like and she suggested I choose three suits and she would send me to the changing room. Faith looked with me as did another good looking girl. She had on four-inch sandals, beautifully tan legs coming up to a short red skirt. She had a netting covering a white bikini top.

Faith, “Brianna, are you telling me you would like to look at a bikini?”

The other girl had a name tag “k-jo” and she spoke up, “I think every girl wants to try a bikini but not all can pull it off.” She smiled, stepped back and looked at me. “Brianna is it? Yes, if it is okay with your mom I think you and your sister would look really good in bikinis. Don’t tell your mom but you got the shape from her. She too could be a hot mamma in a bikini.” Faith and I laughed and almost choked when Mom asked what was funny.

“Are you a salesperson,” I asked? She nodded and I looked at her bikini top.

“Mine is a white suede bikini, but I have enough beach time to make it worth having as one of my swimsuits.”

Like a fool, I asked, “You have a white suede bottom as well, that must look tough.” K-jo stepped back untied the bow on the side to let her skirt drop. “Wow K-jo, you look as great as the bikini itself.”

“Are you trying to hit on me? You are a bit young but I like your spirit.”

“No, but I wouldn’t mind looking as good as you. You fill it out and it’s like a second skin that will tease any guy.” Faith elbows me as she can’t believe I am carrying on the conversation I am. Faith got me back to picking out three swimsuits. I went to get back and when I got back there was a fourth suit a mock suede light blue bikini.

Mom smirked, “Are you suggesting you’re ready for a bikini.

“No, I didn’t put that one there.”

“You’re telling me you’re not interested in trying on a bikini.” She gave me three swimsuits to try on, one being the bikini. She whispered to me as I passed by, “Because of the gaff, it likely won’t work, but I will take a picture from the right view if you want a keepsake.”

The single piece blue swimsuit with a low back looked really nice to me, but I chose to go with the two-piece brown and tan suit. I didn’t find out until the next day that Mom bought me both.

Faith had a sundress she was getting and *K-jo saw me eyeing it. “So are you planning to wait until your sister has had a chance to wear it or what?” Ruth heard the comment and saw me looking at the dress and took me over to the boutique selection. The others and I agreed on a cute white, red, green and yellow number.

When I went back to try it on k-jo suggested I use the top to my new swimming suit, saying, “I’ll show you how to change into it at the beach. I did as was asked and really fell in love with the sundress. Mom and Faith liked the dress but giggled at my wearing the swimsuit top. K-jo interrupted and asked, “Mom is it alright if I show her how to change out of her swimsuit now that she has her dress on?”

“It is suggested to be under a blanket to use some discretion then to reach behind and unhook your top and pull it through the dress carefully.” Mom and Faith held a blanket in front of me and I was asked to do it. It worked neatly and then I was asked to do the same with the bottom. I did that and handed my panty to Mom. Then they put down the blanket and walked away.

“Mom, Faith don’t leave me like this,”

“Now that is a cool look” K-jo giggled. Mom handed me my purse and told me to finish getting dressed and let’s get going. We brought the sundress and I changed back to my original outfit and we headed back to our cottage.

Faith, Marcy and I were soon on our way to the beach. We had put on shorts and tops partially to be modest, but also to see the guys look as we took them off. I wondered what the guys would think if they knew they were watching a guy partially undress.

I got out my tanning lotion as a guy walked near and asked if he could do my back and shoulders. I could not help but enjoy having the strong hands of a guy on my back and shoulders, and the girl-like hands putting lotion on my midriff and inner legs. I turned around and thanked him but was taken by his eyes looking at mine.

He said, “I heard you speak; you are not from the Carolinas, but I wanted to meet you.”

I asked why he wanted to meet me and I was not ready for his response, “You’re pretty and you look like a nice person to know.”

“I am kind of shy and I am not used to guys either thinking or saying that.”

Travis introduced himself and turned to Marcy and Faith, “Do you think it would be okay if I took your little sister or cousin in the water for a swim?”

Marcy spoke up, “Don’t listen to the shy routine. Go take her and drown her, she will love a reason to hold you.” I tried to protest what Marcy said, but Travis took my hand and we were running for the water. We dove in and with my luck, I could not feel the bottom when I came up. I soon had my arms on his shoulders and he pulled me into his warm body.

“You must play some sports or do something to stay in such good shape.” My body was tingling but it was not my manhood that was responding. I was hoping the warmth of my chest couldn’t be felt through the breast forms, but I could feel my body responding. I pushed out of his arms but swam out to deeper water despite knowing better.

I am a decent swimmer but I have been raised with a healthy respect for the ocean and to learn about the waters you are swimming in. Travis swam out to me and asked if things were okay. I confessed a partial truth, “I am a little embarrassed, I am not used to the attention of a good looking guy like you.” “Nor do I usually swim out like this without knowing the waters.”

Travis was nice and said, “A short ways down the beach the floor of the ocean is not as steep, If you like we could go in down there.”

“I wouldn’t mind walking the beach and back, but I don’t think I want to be away from Marcy and Faith.” He showed me where I could gain my footing, and then as we made our way out we walked down the beach. The sun went behind a cloud as a cool breeze hit me and I found myself wrapped around Travis for warmth.

When we were back I went over to sunbathe with my sisters and Travis was back with his group. A younger sister had brought down their puppy. I was lying stomach down and Marcy suggested I undo my backstrap which I did. It was not more than a few minutes and I had a puppy on my back first licking me and then pulling on my strap.

I was now in a predicament as I could not find both ends and Marcy and Faith were slow to help. “Marcy you help me or else.”

“Travis helped with the lotion, I bet he could do it if he wanted,” she responded. The puppy had now found my hair as I found the straps and tried sitting up as I hooked them. I got them hooked but I also knew the top had shifted and revealed more. Marcy spoke again, “I thought even a Yankee would have the decency to wait until it was properly hooked before getting up.” Then she laughed and gave me a hug from the back and helped me to shift it properly in position.

The puppy was on my lap and licking me in the face as I was playing with her. “You know no shame in working on a girl, do you?” Meg, Travis’s sister took me seriously and looked sad and was about to defend him. “I’m just kidding him, your hunk of a brother already knows I like him. This is a very pretty pup, is she a sheltie,” I asked her.

“We call her Moxie or Curly Cue, we’re not exactly sure yet but she has a really long name because she has papers,” Meg said. Moxie chose that moment to get real excited and to piddle on me. Others laughed but I got up and asked, Meg, to follow me. We went a few steps into the ocean and I sat down to clean off Moxie and myself.

She liked the water so we let her swim between the two of us and now Meg was my good friend. Travis came out into the water and we gave him a hard time about not being a southern gentleman. Then Meg broke the ice, “Do you really think Travis is a hunk? Why don’t you come to our place for dinner tonight, so Travis can show you off?”

I was turning red and Travis was on his sister for saying that. “She doesn’t have to say yes. Maybe she doesn’t really find you cute.” She turned her face to me and winked. I could not help but giggle and give her a hug.

“Travis, don’t pick on your sister, we’re friends. I could tell your parents you were mean to her.” Marcy, Faith and a small crowd were amusing themselves listening to our conversation.

“I think we are going to the Hideaway tonight for dinner with you and your Pop Pop as our special guests,” Marcy spoke up.

“Yes but if our family is there too then Travis and…” Travis whispered in her ear “…and Brianna can dance and kiss” Marcy said. Faith asked if she had any bigger brothers. Someone in the crowd spoke up, “We can make sure a few more guys are there.”

Moxie was getting tired and cold so we got her out of the water and running to warm up and dry off. It was time to get back to our cottage as we got back with Moxie and she was pretty dry. I was walking away and saying good-bye as Meg spoke up again. “Travis, aren’t you even going to give her a hug and a kiss?”

“We just met L’tle Sis.” Marcy recited all the things we already did, including two walks, swimming… I looked around at the sound of his voice close by and soon found myself in his arms, looking into his eyes and choosing to participate in a hug and kiss. As I responded back the kiss went longer and deeper. I was now overheating and I was feeling guilty for kissing another boy like that.

“I will see you later!” as I broke contact and ran up to the cottage holding all I had as I ran. Once inside I had to pause to think which room I was in, but I quickly ran there, closed the door and flopped on the bed. I wasn’t sure if I should cry or be angry. It was a moment before Mom Ruth and my sisters came in.

Mom asked me what happened, but I told them “There was too much, let Marcy or Faith tell it.” They took turns telling different parts starting and ending with the kiss and hug.

“Should I ask Brice or Brianna what you have to say for yourself? That is pretty overwhelming even for a normal girl,” Mom said. It was then I hid my face in the bed and cried. I heard the door open and close so I knew someone went out but was it, mom or my sisters?

A gentle hand pulling me up and to her confirmed it was Mom. “I feel so mixed up good and bad. I have feelings that a boy shouldn’t have and I am ashamed that I am not more ashamed, but I like it. Then there is part of me that thinks I should gag having kissed a boy.”

“What am I going to tell Poppa, ‘nd do I need to tell my parents?”

“Poppa Will and I feel responsible and guilty enough for you. The big question is why has the boy who helped us pretending to be a junior bridesmaid, done so well at being a girl. As far as I am concerned if you want you can shower and be Brice right now. Poppa Will is willing to leave in the morning. I would be very comfortable with that.”

A voice from behind me spoke, “But I am not sure that is what you want; you have kept delaying going back to being Brice. Truthfully, I think Brianna is excited to have these experiences.” It was Poppa speaking and I was soon in his arms as both the fear and guilt melted away.”

“Grandma Grace is probably disappointed with her grandson; I should have stopped pretending when the reception was over. I just thought, coming to the beach would be a nice time and no problem.”

I walk over to Ruth, “I know it’s just a puppy love crush, but it felt so real and so good, how I could let myself get so wound up? I’m not a girl but I feel like one and I know it shouldn’t but it feels so good.” I am crying in Ruth’s arms.

“Is it okay if I excuse Grandpa, for now, we need to have a girl to girl, mother/daughter talk?” With only one word Grandpa stepped out, “Brianna your Grandma and I couldn’t love you more than right now.”

Ruth sat me down on the edge of the bed and waited for me to look her in the eyes. “Young lady we have been pen pals four years, been even closer the past week. I am not your mother but seemingly you have become my fourth daughter and I couldn’t love you more than I do.”

“Puppy Love as you call it is very real and more than that to those feeling it. It is a term usually used by others as in this case. The person embarrassed and who used the term was Brice, and the one with the tender heart who feels and says it is wonderful is Brianna. The really hard part for you is that they are one in the same person, yet not.”

“As I said if you want to change back to Brice right now I would understand and help you to do so, but I don’t want you to running because of others. Nor do I want you hiding behind your grandmother and regretting it later.”

“Will doesn’t talk about your grandma much, but years ago when he asked if I would be your Pen Pal, he told me something that he mentioned again the other day. He said after you were born your grandma told him and your mother that there was a girl in you. Your name was going to be Bruce, named after a friend of the family, but your Mom named you Brice. Your Mom said it allowed for her baby boy and the girl, she and Grandma believe was alive as part of you.”

“Someone said I was to have been named for Bruce Gillette, I met him he was an engineer and helped build a great dam in Egypt. …Why hadn’t Grandpa shared this with me?”

“He is happy to have seen you, but I think he doesn’t want to influence you one way or the other. He loves YOU and to him, that is Brice/Brianna.”

“I don’t want to change back tonight nor tomorrow as Brice, tonight at dinner or tomorrow at the beach I want to be Brianna, but I am not used to all these feelings. How am I to handle them? I am wondering what to wear, I’m hoping to dance with Travis and I need a Mom.”

Mom and I hugged, continued to visit and Brianna settled back down. She told me to shower and to get ready to go to dinner. We will wait until just before 8, so we're around when the dancing begins. She suggested I wear my new sundress but make sure I wore my good panties.

I went out to the family room and found Marcy painting her dad’s nails. “Dad was on good behavior during the wedding, but he has earned the right to let his hair down and to enjoy color which is more his style,” Marcy said. Ed smiled and Pop Pop was nearby saying nothing, watching for my reaction. I looked closer at Ed and realized the complexion of his face was much nicer than the average guy as were his hands. It was something I had not noticed the past week

This explains a bit more their acceptance of my transformation, but was it planned or a coincidence? Ruth had come into the room as to underscore asking the question. “Was my becoming Brianna something you planned or something that just happened?”

“We did not plan nor expect the death of Bree’s grandmother. And while I (Ruth) hoped for your help with the wedding I didn’t expect Brianna.

Marcy spoke up, “I can’t claim to be so innocent. Grandpa Will told me of your storytelling and that in your animal stories besides you and your grandpa there was usually a girl and sometimes other friends but always a girl. When Grandpa asked you who she was or her name, just that she was a friend of the good animals.”

“When you came last week and we needed a girl to take her place and you were about Bree’s size; I thought just maybe you were the girl in the stories. I wasn’t concerned with you; I was just thinking about my sister’s wedding.”

“Marcy that is a bit of a stretch?”

“It may not be related, but she was Bree’s size and set on helping us. It does kind of help make sense of how well her role-playing has gone so well. Now you’re dressed for dinner and continuing at Brianna. Maybe Bruce is the male side of Brice and Brianna is you like the girl you are. The beach here is nothing special except the community is very accepting and inclusive. It is a safe place to be oneself; it’s an affirming community of people.”

“We first came here for Daddy but we really enjoy it for ourselves. I wouldn’t have been open enough to ask you about possibly taking Bree’s place or might have felt grossed out when you tried the dress and liked the idea. Brianna, have you kept in touch with Carrie or Jeanette about how you are doing?”

“Yes, I usually text Jeanette each day and hear from one of them every other day. They say it is like a teenage soap opera or reality TV except the others are usually fake or insignificant. Carrie apologized twice if she pushed me into anything. She said there was something Wednesday in Washington, D.C. she wondered if Brianna could be at? She said there will be an important Senate committee hearing.”

“Well, you can’t do that your identity would be in jeopardy.”

“That is what I said, but they text me back and our family friend, Bruce Gillette is coming from an international project to attend the same hearing. He has secured my identity through the Secret Services, a.k.a. Brianna.”

“So are you and Grandpa Will going to go to Washington, D.C. and what are the Senate Committee Hearings about?”

“Carrie said they have to do with teen and young women being single parents or placing their children for adoption. Our presence is to emphasize that this is not just the concern of single moms. One, but of each female because of rape, a mistake or an act of love and romance that leaves a young woman alone to carry the burden. Second, is the surprise how many of them are heroines we the community can look up to and come alongside one another.”

“Marcy, this experience has helped me to see life in ways I did not know or understand before. I am just beginning to learn, many of the Senators and citizens of our nation are doing the same. I really don’t think people like me make a difference, but Carrie and Mr. Gillette are. I don't mind the experience, but I feel like I will be along for the ride and a day or two longer as Brianna.”

Marcy said, “If you get to speak the Senators, they may just hear from a lot more people who identify with you. You look more like the young women who might become such a person. The Senators might have a daughter, granddaughter or niece that you remind them of.”

“It’s spooky, but I do identify with them like I’m your little sister and a girl that was so lucky to sing with Carrie Underwood.”

I went and sat on the arm of Grandpa’s chair. He drew me in and I was soon on his lap. I thought I was too big and heavy to be in his lap now. Is Brianna lighter or is it because I’m his granddaughter. I sat there and enjoyed is Old Spice the security of being in his presence.

“Grandpa, Carrie Underwood wants us to go to Washington, D.C. and she said Bruce Gillette is going to be there as well. Have you heard from Mr. Gillette?”

Grandpa smiled and said, “It seems you are a celebrity who might be able to make a difference... I was concerned for you so I talked to Bruce. He was surprised that you are Brianna, but he has a granddaughter who thinks you speak very well for her and her daughters. She saw you sing via a download from the concert.”

“So do you think I should go, go as Brianna?” He nodded, “I hope I have time to email Carrie and Jeanette before dinner.” I scooted off giving Grandpa a kiss on the cheek that he affectionately returned. Jeanette, Carrie and I chatted about fifteen minutes when I was told we were going to dinner.

Ed was now Edie with a nice wig and very good makeup. She looked five years younger than Ed. There was some hint of some masculinity with Edie but no hint of Ed. He, she was out to enjoy herself. While Faith was comfortable with me she was not usually comfortable with her dad as Edie. But even Faith enjoyed dinner and the evening.

Travis and his family were already at the restaurant and waiting for their food. He was polite enough to allow us to order before he came and asked if he could take me over to introduce me to his mother Cheryl. Travis really does have a brother but Ted is two years younger with Megan being the youngest. There was another woman who had enough similarities to Cheryl that I thought she might be a younger sister. But Sharon was introduced as a very close friend. Later she and Cheryl would dance together and look very much like a loving couple.

I had a salad, crab, and stir-fried southern vegetables for dinner, very different from what Brice would eat. I knew Travis was looking over and trying to get my attention as we ate. But I was raised to give my attention to those I was eating with and I enjoyed the conversation over dinner. I enjoyed peaches and cream for dessert.

Then I went with the women to the lady’s room to freshen up. Faith was a bit uncomfortable because Edie was invited my Ruth to come along. I giggled and asked Faith if she was uncomfortable with me being there.

When we came back the table was cleared and I was sure Grandpa paid the bill, which I knew did not come easy for him, but it was in his giving nature. I felt a bit sad as I knew he had been paying for some of my clothes as well as our time in Washington, D.C. ahead. “Grandpa, I love you but you shouldn't have. I am sorry that I am costing you so much.”

Grandpa said, “You understand too little about how much life is worth and how little it costs to celebrate what is important. But you have not come dressed up just to eat, now go and dance.”

“Papa, he hasn’t even asked me yet.”

“Your Grandma did not always wait for me to ask. Do not be afraid to show your colors or to let your heart speak for itself.”

“Do you really think I should do that Grandpa? Mom says we can’t date without her permission.” Pop Pop wouldn’t answer me, so I meandered over to Travis’ table. I feel like I am being a tease as I resist asking him to dance, yet I enjoy setting up the invitation.

Cheryl looks me over and Sharon smiles at my gumption to seek Travis out. Travis waits for a new dance to begin to rise and take my hand. It is a faster song; I didn't worry about particular steps but to flow and move with the music. We’d come close then part to find our way back together again. I twirl and the movement of the skirt makes me feel all girl.

I enjoyed the next two songs being slow. I drew Travis close enough to know he is pleased that for tonight I am his girl. I made sure we are out of sight of his table as I give him a peck near the base of his jaw. I hear Sharon speak, “It is okay his mom makes me feel the same way.”

I know I blushed and Travis enjoyed the warmth come to my cheeks. I fluttered my eyes shyly, an innocence of any wrongdoing. Marcy bumps me and suggests like the song I slow down. “Remember this is only as far your flirting can go.” I broke off the dance and asked Travis if we could walk out of sight of so many eyes. He was only too happy to accommodate me.

A breeze had kicked up coming off the ocean; I enjoyed the mist of the sea on my face and my hair blowing back. Travis went from holding my hand as we stepped out to put an arm around me and his hand hugging my waist. I totally felt as Brianna. We did not go completely down to the ocean but far enough to be alone in the moonlight.

Travis turned and we embraced in a warm and delicious kiss. We rocked back and forth on the sand to the music we could only faintly hear. Travis was becoming hard as I looked into his eyes with a warm smirk. “I am happy to be with you as well. I am sorry that while I too am moved, it’s too early to be more involved.”

I could see disappointment and fear on his face but his excitement would not let up. I wrapped my hand gently around his hardening penis, surprised I was enjoying its size and feel in my hand.

I moved around behind him as I gently ran my hand back and forth as it grew. Travis shook and soon he was cumming in bursts then oozing. He moaned with joy but I knew he was also embarrassed, saying he was sorry. “Are you sorry that you find me attractive and exciting? Were you not able to feel the warmth and tremors of my body?”

There was no answer and none was expected. He wiped himself clean, and I gave him a feminine pad to buffer any seepage as he put himself back in. “I suspect being among your family you should know how to dispose of it.” As he zipped up his pants I came back around and we had a warm embrace. I used but a slight scent of my perfume, touching his neck just below his ear.

He thought he needed more, I said less was more and sent a better message. I do not know if the pad had anything to do with it but Travis was more sensitive and endearing the remainder of our time together.

Before we went back in to see the others I put a little lipstick on him and then kissed it off. But I guess his mother found a trace later and welcomed him to the club. Neither of us was sure what that meant, but he said he had a good visit with his mom before he went to sleep.

k-jo was now present at the club and looking sharp in a very attractive, very short dress. While it was in good taste it looked provocative. She was with a hunk of a guy, many of the guys and women envied them both. From her tan to her make-up, from her hair to her heels and glistening nails, we gals were taken by the detail of her beauty. She is so provocative as far as the guys were concerned and as many women agreed but with a good sense of class and taste.

Even Marcy commented, “It’s a look if I could pull it off like her I would try.” To Faith, she said, “Now if I were to try something with another woman k-jo would draw my interest.” She and Faith commented further but did so out of anyone’s hearing. I tried to get into their discussion but they waved me off. I couldn’t help but see that Marcy was excited about something as they giggled. She had a bit and licked her lips enough that she needed to go to the women’s room again and redo her make-up.

It was 11:00 when Ruth thought it was time for me to get back to our lodge. Marcy and Faith were told to start home at midnight. At fourteen an able to run machinery at my uncle’s farm and do hard work, I thought I should be able to stay out later but Ruth said, it wasn’t up for discussion. Pop and Eydie had already gone back to the lodge, now Ruth was taking me back.

Ruth suggested I get ready for bed and she would be back in. I was in the shower and prepared myself as a girl for bed. I was enjoying myself immensely as the time alone was fun but too short. Ruth talked to me as a young daughter. She thought she should be going with me to D.C., but said she needed to get back to work.

The discussion returned to my time with Travis and our walk on the beach. I didn’t tell her what happened, nor did she ask, “You handled yourself well and by your smile returning I knew you enjoyed being his girlfriend.” It was not what we said but what was understood between us that caused me to hug her. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and covered me with a sheet to go to sleep.

I was awakened with my sisters coming into the room. I acted asleep knowing what they would say would change if they thought I was awake. Among other things, Marcy had a dance with K-jo. Faith commented on how K-jo went too far out of her way to please the guy she was with.

Marcy said K-jo was sure enough about herself to do what she wanted and submitting herself to him was not to be seen as weakness. “I hope to see her tomorrow at the McCreary house."

It was not long after that Faith and Marcy were pounding me with pillows, realizing I was listening in on their conversation as well as watching them change. Marcy had been in the shower and had a towel around her as they pounded me. To my displeasure, the towel held until she was slipping a nightgown over her head.

Mom came into the commotion of the pillow fight and another time of talking began. This time it was Marcy who tucked me in as I tried to fight from falling asleep. Marcy, Faith, and Mom each kissed my cheek and I enjoyed being the youngest for that moment.

Mom gathered outfits I might need for Washington, D.C. and took them to be cleaned and ready, while I headed to the beach with Marcy and Faith. Though we went a couple of sections over, not long after and Meg then Travis found us. We were having a very good time when K-jo showed up. I was enthralled with her and she wasn’t on any guy’s arm.

I went over and said hello and was surprised when she smiled and asked if I wanted to take a walk with her to the McCrery place. She said it was a good way down the beach. She had on a red bikini with a thin net top over it. We walked along the shore where the sand was lightly wet a pretty firm the cork base sandals had over a 3” heel but were wide enough not to sink.

I was hot just walking with her and ten minutes into our walk she pointed to a house and said it was Ms. McCrery’s place. It was available for the joy of young women and somehow was a safe spot. I held her hand for a short time but she said I was too young to be a close girlfriend.

Marcy and I will meet there; we’ve been friends of a few years. I mentioned Marcy had a boyfriend and k-jo said that was okay so did she. Neither of us is married nor engaged, she responded.

She complimented my look and said I was growing into a very attractive and desirable young woman. Just the way she said it made me warmer. I could feel myself becoming warm and damp between my legs. K-jo came right out and asked if I was in heat or at that time of the month. She grabbed my hand and we gently ran to the house. How she managed in her sandals I do not know, except that she looked good in doing so.

We walked around the house near a wall about waist high. “Would you mind if I massaged your shoulders?” I sat down without answering and she began the massage and I was soon in heaven. I knew when I went back to the ocean I would need to jump in to cool down and get rid of some of the scent I was now giving off.

It was some 10 minutes before Marcy came and though she was a bit uncomfortable kissing K-jo in front of me, it was more important to do so than not. After a few minutes, I mentioned it was time for me to go. Instead of replying k-jo took Marcy by the hand inside to a room and out of sight.

I did as I said, first going to the beach and I dove into the ocean to cool down and allowed a few waves to break before me. Several times I tumbled over and felt like I was in an automatic washing machine. I brushed out my hair as I walked down the beach and it began to dry out.

Travis met me as I came down the beach and back to earth with him giving me attention. My cell phone rang and it was Mom telling me that Mr. Gillette was here and wanted to see me. I asked Travis if he liked dams and then asked him to walk me to my cottage. I was pretty sure it would save me for a moment explaining about a boy being a girl.

Mr. Gillette and Pop Pop were standing at the door to greet me and Ruth made all the introductions. Travis asked about dams and Bruce Gillette felt obliged to amuse him for a while. I used the time to take a quick shower and to change back to regular clothes, my wrap-around skirt, and a nice blouse. I went light on the makeup and put my hair up in a ponytail.

Travis had left before I came back out, I suspect Ruth had gotten across that this was a special visit for Pop Pop and Brianna.

“My Brianna, you look quite the young lady and as attractive and personable as Carrie Underwood said you would be. Will, I should not have doubted what Grace had to say about her last grandchild.”

“You met my grandmother, didn’t you? All I know was she was talented in music and raised prize cats and goldfish. I never got to see her or feel being in her arms. I suspect she was beautiful and very smart, but I have not heard.”

“Your Grandpa was ever so justly proud of her; she was like King Midas. She could touch something and it became golden. But it was not magical she was as sharp in mind as she was talented in music. She was as really beautiful as the music she played, and like your Pop Pop she was down to earth.”

“It has been a long time but you have some of her likeness as well as your mother. Take your resemblance to your mother and the other part of your beauty and your music comes from your Grandma Grace.”

“My music and how would you know that,” I asked with a tone, in my voice.

“Your brashness is your own doing or of your intended namesake. Carrie and Jeanette shared a DVD of your concert in Raleigh. You surprised them, wooed the crowd and impressed me, but if it has gone to your head you won’t be going to Washington, D.C.”

I quickly cooled my jets and apologized profusely and went apologizing to Pop Pop. “That is more like his grandchild. You are forgiven. Jeanette said if you lost your cool it would because you were overwhelmed and not because you are rude.” Grandpa had sat down and I was on his lap making my sure my skirt was proper.

“Young Lady, I don’t mean to be rude, but my granddaughter and many others are counting on you. She saw your performance and agrees with Carrie Underwood, you can be a big help in winning over some very important legislation votes."

“I have worked to secure your identity. If anyone would ask if you know me you say yes. If they seek more information you can share your grandfather and I are close friends. If they ask about your work with me you need to say that is confidential and that is all you can say. It should be sufficient to answer how you are related and where you have been and why information on you is quite limited. Say that you are back with your grandfather to get on with your education.”

We went to dinner. “You know I met your Pop Pop while he was at Pratt to be an engineer and when he met Grace. She wooed him, sweeping him off his feet. After graduation, he hurried and took a job to help raise your aunt as she would come along. I went off to work on dams. During my career in Egypt and Korea building some awesome dams there were discoveries made and politically sensitive information passed my way. It has led to my having a close relationship with the Secret Service.

When we got back to the cottage my clothes were packed for a late night ride to Washington, D.C. Mr. Gillette’s driver would drive and Poppa’s car would be driven up in the morning.

I was not prepared to say goodbye to Ruth and my new family. Marcy was caught between elation in her time with K-jo, though she wouldn’t talk about it. And she was despondent that her new little sister was quickly going away. Faith wanted to know if she would be hearing about her little sister on the news. Ruth and I had the hardest time. For Brianna, she really had become my Mom and a special friend.

“My biggest concern Bri is that for only a week you have grown so much as a girl, even your hips and tissue under your breast forms make me think more is going on.”

It wasn’t even a week ago that Lana gave me the birth control pills and watched me as I took the first one. They couldn’t be working this fast, could they? I vowed to myself to stop taking them as soon as possible.

We were soon in Gillette’s car and on our way to Washington, D.C. “Young lady you are very attractive and your Grandfather says you are strong and very capable as well. I hope as Brice you don’t take this wrong, but I want you to stay in character as Brianna and I will remain speaking to you as such. I don’t want to offend your male ego or to jeopardize your future. Brianna can fade away and Brice can come back into being. Is that okay with you?”

Bruce Gillette opened handed me a new purse and wallet with credentials identifying me officially as Brianna Connors. It included a drivers permit for helping on a farm and driving to school. There were two cards in my name one with a thousand dollars and another with five hundred. He presented me with a new iPhone and told me my phone number and email account information.

I had talked to Brenda and three other single mothers and gathered information on their day to day struggles and reasons to be cited for giving them added help to be on their own and to claim a brighter future for their children, themselves and society together.

Tuesday I had been playing Carrie’s music and was encouraged to sing the various songs. I surprised myself with how I was learning a large portion of her songs. I was hoping she was wrong about my being asked to sing with Carrie as part of our presentation to the Senate Committee. But now in the car, I put on headphones and used my iPhone to sing quietly her songs again.

Neither Pop Pop nor Mr. Gillette told me I was singing loud enough for them to hear, nor did they complain. Pop Pop told me in the morning how much he enjoyed listening to me. I guess it was between two and three in the morning when we got into D.C. and settled into a suite of rooms.

Carrie phoned me as I was settling into bed, “Brianna, I want to thank you and I am so proud of you for helping out.” I was getting so used to being Brianna; I was surprised that special people like Carrie were so appreciative of what I was doing. I was the young teenager surprised to receive any of their attention.

I don’t know when we stopped talking or when I fell asleep, but come 6:30 my mind was reminding me it took a girl extra time to get ready. I had slept much too late. By 7:30 I was dressed and worried about my hair when Carrie called and asked if I would be offended if she took me to a beautician to get ready for the day. My voice broke and she realized I was in girl mode and fretting over my hair. She giggled and told me she was in a suite across the hall and I was welcome to come over.

I told my Poppa where I was going and he said I needed to be back by 11:00 and ready for the Senate Committee by 1:00 pm. I hurried across to Carrie’s suite and was surprised how she, Jeanette and others received me. I could tell by the voice, one was Brenda. She was now 19 and her little girl Heather was 2. Heather, like a number of little kids, took a quick liking to me. She climbed on my lap as I visited with her mom and Carrie.

A little bowl of cereal was brought out for Brenda to feed her girl but I asked for the tray table to be brought to me. I enjoyed feeding Heather and I could see Brenda enjoyed the break. I enjoyed Heather like a young girl getting a chance to take care of a baby.

Carrie and I were soon on our way to the beautician. Carrie drew a lot of attention and she knew which beautician she wanted and the one she wanted for me. “Please make sure she has a pedicure and manicure, as well as a facial and her hair done. She is fourteen and please keep her looking as such.”

“Thanks, Carrie, I appreciate that,” I said.

The sand and salt water had been harsh on my feet and nails. Now, I couldn’t believe I was being pampered. Jamie was good as I asked her to explain what she was doing and how to take care of this and that. “Carrie said you had been a tomboy and might ask such questions. You are a naturally beautiful young woman and I am pleased to help you. Here’s my card and though you are not a D.C.er, you are welcome to remain one of my girls.”

It was a great experience and I looked fantastic coming away from the beautician. Carrie was happy because I looked like a regular 14 who just had some pampering. Carrie underscored for me to try to relax, but shared our stop there should help us to keep our composed look.

Grandpa and Mr. Gillette had lunch waiting for us. We had nice ripe tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad. I had a glass of sparkling white grape juice.

Our time at the Senate began with a bit of fanfare and Carrie being the center of attention for over an hour. I was quickly asked, “Why, are you here as opposed to a young woman who got pregnant and was now single mom or who gave up her children, what concern is it of yours?”

“Respectfully sir, each Senate district probably has tens of thousands of such women, but many are afraid of being judged by you and so many via the media. It is my concern because it so easily could be me… A boy or man can and often does walk away from the responsibility. Be it a mistake of judgment, a sin as some would say or the fact that no form of birth control is 100%, including abstinence.”

“Excuse me, young lady,” on Senator broke in, “How is it that abstinence is not foolproof?” The Senator smirked and looked around for affirmation by others.

“Rape, incest and sexual abuse not only do not honor abstinence but gangs and others have been known to target virgins. I don’t expect that all men know of this, but it raises a real fear in a young woman. Girls like me are only human and subject to being victimized or making mistakes. If I would make such a mistake I hopefully would have the courage of women I have talked to or received communications from. I would not seek help as much for myself, but so that my child would not suffer as well.”

“I understand the separation of Church and State, but sometimes I feel like faith and one’s relationship with God is forbidden as well. I respect that others differ from me in faith. I am not offended if they call God by another name: from the Great Spirit to Yahweh, Allah, Buddha, Jesus Christ or many others. I believe the Constitution and many times through U.S. history people have been called to pray. But many single or would be moms feel alone.”

“I grew up in Jersey, and would hear of young women being found dead in New York City and they were girls from smaller communities who felt they did not have support and ran in fear of judgment. Those girls and women can and have been daughters and granddaughters of your constituents or your own families.”

“Being a child of a brave woman who becomes a single parent or a mom who has placed a child up for adoption or decided on abortion. It becomes much more costly to society and the public.”

“I am open to your questions and corrections as I pray you are wiser than me, but I do beg your pardon and consideration on behalf of women and children who need us to stand in the gap and offer some support in programs, not dollars that will offer a better day ahead.”

There were both some good questions and pontificating that followed before I was excused. Upon exiting the Senate Carrie hugged me and asked if there was anything I wanted to do.

“Would it be possible to go over to some of the monuments to sing and pray like some of the movements of the past?” Carrie, Brenda and Lana liked the idea and together said, “Let’s do it.” Jeannette said you would have to use just a regular acoustical guitar.

When we gathered Carrie was the first to sing and play and a small crowd was growing larger. It wasn’t long and some capital police showed up and asked for permits, suggesting we would need to disband. Bruce Gillette and my grandfather stepped forward and said this was a spontaneous gathering and a simple desire to gather as others have throughout history.

Several officials were still insistent until a serviceman and woman said they had just arrived home from serving overseas. “Before you disband or arrest us you might want to check with officials from the Senate as they were invited to speak before the Senate.” Bruce smiled as the officials stepped back to get word as to what they should do.

Pop Pop’s phone rang; he became sad and began to approach me. “It’s okay Grandpa if we need to disband, let them bring official word. It has been an awesome day; I don’t want to cause trouble for Carrie, but…”

Pop Pop took my hand and asked me to sit and I knew it was something else. “Tell me, I’m not a baby, I want to know what is up.” Then I could tell something was wrong. Carrie and others were around us. Pop Pop wanted me alone but I was now afraid. “Pop Pop, what is wrong please tell me?”

“Your mother has had another heart attack.” It had been four years and I was told it wasn’t really a heart attack then. I looked for a suggestion of how she was doing, but Grandpa hugged me and couldn’t speak, but cried. We cried together.

“How is she, do you know? (pause) She hasn’t died has she, I should be with her.” Carrie took me and Mr. Gillette was with Pop Pop...

Story to be continued...

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Miss seeing Comments

I miss it when I don't see comments as it helps to hear from others.
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Oh dear sweet Jessica,

I shall provide a word or two of encouragement for I have enjoyed reading about Brianna's adventure into womanhood! And I do apologize for not getting around to reading this until now, being one of many stories I've been following and enjoying there simply just isn't enough hours in a day to read them all! (LOL). Just as I suspected last chapter, Brice is not ready to be a boy again and may never be(which is ok, because most everyone accepts and likes Brianna). I'm sure our girl friend K-jo is thrilled with the honorable mention she has recieved In this chapter(and I suspect you just may have nailed her character! Giggles Taarpa). Jessica, I don't understand the lack of responce in the comments section, but don't be discouraged by it, your doing fine hon. Big (((Hugs))) Taarpa

Good story

Wow. Your characters are great, their interactions and dialog are really believable. I'm itching to hear what happens next. That's a really nasty cliff-hanger you've left for us gentle readers. The only suggestion I'd make is to describe the surroundings a bit more. You might describe the senate building, guards and the hearing room for example. The downside of my suggestion is that it would make the story even longer and take away from the cute first person narrative.

I hope you don't leave it too long before we get the next part. Keep up the good work.

This story continues

to tug at the heartstrings.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh no!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

The mom just has to be alright, she hasn't even met her daughter yet.

Not necessarily alright but...

Brianna and her Mom are fortunate enough to meet and love each other... though ever too short. I hope you like how it continued.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors