To Make A Wish, Book 2, Chapter 03

Printer-friendly version

 © November 2012


Chapter Three

    Sara, Sheana and Prue had been blinking around for a couple of hours looking for the cyborg vampire and the white wolf, without much luck when they suddenly heard Jo in their ear pieces telling them that the men in black were tracking what they thought to be the wolf.

    “Give us the location.” Sara asked.

    Jo told them where the men in black were and the three of them were soon blinking over to that place. Sara was worried that without the wolf to stop her mate from attacking, then they could be looking at a death, so they wanted to get to the wolf and find out where her monster mate might be, and explain that they wanted to help them.

    Sara was the first one to appear close to where she could hear three solders shouting for back up as they had the wolf cornered.

    “Get someone down here now with the tranq gun or we’ll just shoot the thing!” Sara heard one of the men shout into his headset.

    “Screw this man! I’m taking the shot!” Another one of the men shouted as he raised his gun to take the shot.

    Sara touched her belt and blinked just in time to take half a dozen shots to the chest as she blocked the path between the soldier and the white wolf that had curled up ready to die. The bullets didn’t go through Sara’s red armour, but it still stung as they hit her.

    The firing stopped the minute Sheana appeared and a second later all three men were face down with Prue holding what was left of their guns after she’d bent them all out of shape.

    “You okay Slayer?” Prue asked with anger in her voice.

    “I’m fine.” Sara growled in her Slayer voice as she reached out to stroke the scared wolf. “We want to help you, do you remember me?” Sara asked in a much calmer voice.

     “Please don’t let them lock me up; I need to find Anton before he needs to feed again.” Sara heard a woman say in her head.

    “Is Anton your mate from the night I first met you?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, you remember me, but how did you know I was stuck as this wolf?” The woman’s voice asked with relief to finally be speaking with someone.

     “I remember what Anton looked like, and then I heard your voice in the boy’s head that he attacked the other night.” Sara explained to the wolf while Sheana and Prue kept the three soldiers out the way.

     “Does the boy live? Anton was feeding on a fox as the boy wandered close by and his blood lust took control. I did all I could to protect the child.” The woman’s voice pleaded as the wolf let out a pained whine.

    “Yes the boy is fine and back at school already.” Sara said as she stepped closer and stroked the wolf. “We want to help the two of you, but you will need to trust us and take us to Anton.” Sara added.

     “Do you give me your word that you will do all you can to help my love become his old self?” The woman’s voice asked. “I care not for myself, but please help Anton.” She pleaded with another whine coming from the wolf.

    “I give you my word that I will help you both.” Sara said as she put a hand to her heart. “Do you know where Anton is now?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, he is here.” The woman’s voice said in Sara’s head just before she saw an image of an old warehouse on the very edge of town. “But he will be looking to feed again soon, and I’ve been having more and more trouble stopping him from acting on pure vampire instinct.” The woman warned.

     “Prue, Witch! We need to move now!” Sara shouted as she waited for Sheana and Prue to get to where she was stood with the wolf at her side. Sara sent Sheana and Prue the same image that the wolf sent her and then Sara wrapped an arm around the wolf before blinking them both away, but not before she looked at the three soldiers and said she’d be having a word with them later.

    Sara couldn’t see any sign of the wolf’s mate, but she could sense he was close by. “Call out to him and see if he’ll come to you.” Sara said.

     “You do promise to try and help him right?” The woman’s voice asked.

     “I gave you my word, but that will change if he kills a human, so call him.” Sara said with a little more anger in her voice.

    The wolf let out a howl and then they all heard something moving around in the warehouse just before part of the wall blew out to reveal the monstrous version of the man they had met while out on patrol the very first time after Sara put on her slayer disguise.

     “Slayer not hurt mate.” Anton said in a rough voice as he moved towards Sara thinking she was here to kill them both.

    Sara tried to stop him with her thoughts, but it looked like the commander had blocked her from being able to do that, so it looked like she would need some other way to stop him, preferably one that didn’t get her or him killed, not that she was worried about herself getting killed, but she had promised the wolf she’d try not to hurt him.

    The creature that the wolf called Anton ploughed into Sara at immense speed forcing Sara to dig her feet into the ground, leaving two deep ruts in the ground when she fought to hold her position.

    Sheana and Prue both made a move towards Sara to help her, but Sara stopped them. “See what you can do to help her, Witch! You hold her why she works Prue.” Sara grunted as she threw Anton to one side into a pile of rubble.

    Anton was soon back on his feet and running at Sara again, but Sara was able to side step him this time, and then pull him back when he saw Prue holding the wolf while Sheana scanned the wolfs body with her hand trying to find the thing stopping her from taking human form again.

     “Leave mate alone!” Anton growled as he was pulled back and slammed into a wall by Sara.

    Sara managed to pin him to the wall for the time being, but he was putting up one hell of a fight as he had to watch Prue hold the wolf while Sheana cast a spell to reverse whatever the scientist did to alter her. Sara took her eye off Anton just as he got a hand free, and he slashed a blade like claw across her chest, but the dragon armour held, but she still felt the blow and lost her grip on him again.

    Sheana chanted something as blue mist started coming from her fingers and engulfed the wolf. The wolf started to lose its fur and take on the shape of a naked woman with long blonde hair. Prue let the woman fall to the ground when she stopped fighting with her to get free.

    The woman looked up with tears in her eyes as she smiled at Anton who was still fighting with Sara to get free. “Anton! Anton! They want to help you, please stop fighting her.” The woman pleaded.

     “Kill the Slayer!” Anton screamed out. “Orders to kill the Slayer.” Anton shouted as he fought even harder to get loose of Sara’s grip so he could kill her.

    Sara wasn’t shocked to hear Anton say what he did, but she was sick of playing games with him, so she let him go and once the two of them were back on their feet, Sara jumped up into the air and did a spinning kick which would have taken a normal person’s head clean off their shoulders, but it just sent Anton flying back into the pile of rubble, he didn’t get back up this time though.

     “You said you wouldn’t hurt him!” The woman said as she scrabbled to her feet and ran over to Anton’s unconscious body to try and help him.

     “I promised not to kill him.” Sara reminded her as she got her breath back.

     “Nice kick Slayer.” Prue smiled as she looked at how far Sara had just kicked him. “You okay? He got a couple of good swipes at you.” Prue said as she walked over to where Sara was stood looking down at Anton lying on the ground with the naked women sobbing.

     “I’m fine, but I’m still not back at 100% just yet.” Sara gasped out as she tried to get enough air into her lungs, which wasn’t the easiest thing to do when wearing a corset. “We better see about getting these to back to Tia before the men in black track us down.” Sara added, but just as she finished speaking they saw three silver vans come screaming around the corner and screech to a halt just in front of them.

     “Step away Slayer, we’ll take it from here.” A soldier Sara had never seen before said as he got out the lead van and pointed his gun right at her.

     “Prue, Sheana? I need the two of you to get them back to Tia, while I explain a couple of things to these assholes.” Sara said in a mind link to the two of them.

     “I’ve stopped their weapons from working, so have some fun for me.” Sheana thought back with a grin in her voice.

     “Thanks sis, I plan to do just that.” Sara thought back with an evil laugh at the end.

    Sara stepped between the men in black and Sheana and Prue, just in case they had some new toy that Sheana couldn’t control, but it turned out they hadn’t got any when she heard a couple of clicks from them realising they couldn’t fire their guns. This didn’t help Sara to relax though as she thought about the fact a couple of these men had just tried to shoot her again.

    Sheana placed a hand on the woman and the unconscious man before the three of them vanished, then Prue did the same, but not before giving Sara a worried look.

     “Don’t worry Prue, I’ll be fine.” Sara said with a wicked grin which made Prue giggle, then Prue was gone, leaving Sara stood facing the small army. “Okay boys, who wants to dance first?” Sara asked as she made her helmet form out of her shoulder length red hair.

     “We’re not here to fight with you Slayer.” One of the men said sounding very nervous.

     “Doesn’t look like that to me.” Sara growled. “First you shoot at me, and then just now a couple of you tried to shoot my friends, so that means you need to be reminded as to whom you’re messing with.” Sara pointed out as she stepped closer to the man that had ordered her to step aside.

    Sara had the man up in the air by his throat before he knew what was happening, but before Sara could do anything else to him, a car came screaming around the corner and came to a halt just before Karl jumped out.

     “Slayer! Please stand down and let’s talk about this.” Karl asked in a calm voice as he approached her slowly with his hands up to show he wasn’t a threat to her.

     “I warned you to keep your men out my way Karl and I’ve been shot at as they tried to kill the wolf, and then a couple of them tried to shoot my friends as they removed the danger.” Sara growled out in her slayer voice.

     “I heard about the shooting earlier, that is why I came out here to straighten it all out, but I had no idea that they had tried to shoot your friends, and it will be looked into.” Karl said the last part with anger in his voice as he looked over at his men. “Some of them are new, and still need to learn their place.” Karl added with a frown.

     “This is their one and only warning Karl, the next time I will take them across my knee and spank them.” Sara warned.

     “I understand Slayer, and once again I am sorry for the trouble you had with my men.” Karl said with a nod of his head as he agreed with her.

     “You won’t have any more trouble with these two.” Sara said as she let the soldier drop to the ground at her feet. “The wolf is back in her female form, and I have some friends helping her mate.” Sara explained.

     “Thank you for the help, and please let me know if we can help you in anyway.” Karl said with another nod of his head.

     “If you can keep your men in check, then we shouldn’t have any more problems Karl.” Sara informed him as she looked at the man she’d had hold of. He was giving her an evil look, and thinking of some of the things he wanted to do to her. “I gather you haven’t told the new guys about my ability to read minds then?” Sara asked with a grin.

     “No!” Karl growled as he looked at the solder causing all the trouble. “As we’re on the same side, I didn’t see the point of explaining things like that. I thought it would show trust between us.” Karl explained.

     “I trust you Karl, well I did, but I can’t say I’m keen on some of the new faces though.” Sara said as she looked at the soldier with the dirty mind. “And for the record soldier, I think I might be a little too much woman for you, and I don’t break that easily.” Sara added just before she touched her belt and vanished.

    Karl quickly turned on his men and ordered them back to base for a debrief as he called it, but all his men knew it was really to have their asses chewed off for firing their weapons when they had been told not to.

    Sara blinked into the hallway at Hypatia’s place and then made her way down to Samantha’s lab where they had set up a holding cell to keep Anton in while Samantha worked on removing all the electronics the commander’s scientists attached.

     “How’s he doing?” Sara asked on entering the room and seeing that Samantha was already working on removing some of the devices, while the woman stood off to one side still sobbing in Prue’s arms, but she did have a dressing gown on now.

     “He’s still out cold, and you broke his neck when you knocked him out.” Hypatia said.

     “It will heal.” Sara shrugged, not looking too bothered about any of it, as she knew that a broken neck wouldn’t keep a vampire down for long, only removing it from the rest of the body would do that. “Do you think you can help him Sammi?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, I’m sure I can, I just need to remove this circuitry in his head and let his higher brain functions start again.” Samantha said as she worked on removing a metal plate from the side of Anton’s head.

     “What do you think that psycho commander was trying to do when he did all this to him?” Sara asked as she went to stand next to Hypatia.

     “From what I’ve read of the files we borrowed from Karl, the commander was trying to make an unstoppable super soldier that they could just get rid of at the end of a mission.” Hypatia frowned as she thought of just how stupid humans could be at times. “The Germans tried something similar during the second world war.” She added in a matter of fact way.

     “How did that turn out?” Sara asked with a worried look.

     “They lost the war didn’t they?” Hypatia said with a smirk which made Sara giggle.

     “Good point.” Sara said once she stopped giggling. “How’s she doing?” Sara asked as she looked at the woman sobbing in Prue’s arms.

     “Rosalie will be alright, she’s just worried about Anton her mate.” Hypatia said as she looked over at the woman with pity in her eyes.

     “Rosalie, is that her name?” Sara asked as she also looked at the woman with pity in her eyes. “I never thought to ask her earlier.” Sara added.

     “You were focused on the mission, and you did a good job.” Hypatia said with pride. “I saw you had some trouble with some of Karl’s new men. Do you think this is going to be a problem?” Hypatia frowned.

     “I think Karl will soon have them towing the line, he’s taking them all back to the base, so he can give them a world class bollocking, as he calls it.” Sara explained.

     “Are you still linked with him?” Hypatia asked.

     “Yes, I wanted to make sure he’s not working to another plan and trying to play both sides.” Sara said as she listened in on Karl’s thoughts as he drove back to the base.

     “I don’t sense any deceit from Karl, and after the two of you fought side by side, I think he has far too much respect for you to let anyone try anything against you.” Hypatia pointed out from what she’d read in Karl’s mind in the past.

     “I know all that Tia, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, and it’s kind of funny looking at all the things he wants to do to the man that opened fire on the wolf, and then the two that tried to shoot at Prue and Sheana.” Sara giggled. “Karl had given his men orders for non lethal force only, as they were to catch and hold for handing over to us.” Sara added as she saw the mission briefing he’d given his men earlier that day after Sara had spoke with him.

     “Sounds like someone is in trouble then.” Hypatia said with a raised eyebrow. “And it looks like Karl is trying to work with us as best he can, given the men he’s got to work with.” Hypatia added with a frown.

     “He’s a good man, and I’m sure he’ll soon have his men working to his liking.” Sara agreed. “I better go and see how Rosalie is doing, and apologise for what I did to her mate.” Sara said with a sigh.

     “She understands why you had to do what you did. I think the stress of it all has gotten to her.” Hypatia said with a shake of her head.

     “Do we know how they managed to make her remain in wolf form?” Sara asked.

     “Sheana said she detected a circuit board in her neck that was controlling the change, and it had been left with her in her wolf form when all hell broke loose at the base.” Hypatia explained what Sheana had told her before she went to see how Michelle and Jo were doing back at the cafe. They were still keeping an eye out for trouble.

     “It all sounds like some plot from a bad movie.” Sara said with a shake of her head.

     “Where do you think they get all the story lines from?” Hypatia asked with a grin.

    Sara just frowned at Hypatia before she walked over to see how Rosalie was doing, and to apologise for hurting Anton her mate.

     “Hello Rosalie? I’m sorry that I had to be so rough with Anton, but he left me no other choice.” Sara said as she looked at the woman sobbing in Prue’s arms.

     “Thank you Slayer for keeping your word and saving us from those men.” Rosalie said as she let go of Prue and threw her arms around Sara to thank her. “Will Anton be alright?” She asked as she broke the hug and looked into Sara’s Slayer sunglasses.

     “If anyone can get Anton back to his old self, Sammi can.” Sara said with pride for Samantha and all she was able to do.

     “Anton and I will be forever in your debt for this Slayer.” Rosalie said with a bow of her head.

     “Just remain on the diet of non humans and we’ll call it quits.” Sara smiled. “I think you could do with some rest now Rosalie.” Sara said looking worried as she was almost holding Rosalie up because she was that tired.

     “I don’t want to leave my Anton.” Rosalie said as she looked over to where Samantha was busy removing things from inside Anton’s head with a bloody pair of tweezers.

     “At least take a seat over here then and rest up for a short time, please?” Sara said as she walked Rosalie over to an armchair and made her sit down in it. Rosalie did as she was told and was almost asleep before she’d rested her head on the back of the chair.

    Sara was now focusing on Karl back at the base as he had his men lined up giving them a good telling off for firing their weapons when ordered not to, and also opening fire on the Slayer and her friends. She wasn’t very happy with the soldier that fired on her when he was going to shoot the wolf because he was upset over being stopped.

     “I need to go to the base and have a word with one of Karl’s men.” Sara said as she went to touch her belt and blink over there.

     “Do you need me to come with you?” Prue asked.

     “No, you stop here in case Sammi needs your help. I’ve just let Sheana know to meet me there.” Sara said just before she vanished.

    Karl was ready to blow a fuse with his men for the screw ups they had made while out on their first mission in the field.

     “Adams, Tanner! I want all of these men taken off mission detail until they can learn to follow orders and not go opening fire on anything that moves!” Karl barked out at the line of men in front of him.

     “Yes Sir!” Adams’ and Tanner said at the same time.

     “Permission to speak Sir?!” The soldier that took a shot at the wolf asked as he stepped forward and stood to attention while he waited for permission.

     “If I said no, would you listen to me anyway soldier?!” Karl barked out as he walked over to the man and looked him in the eyes.

     “Yes Sir, I would!” The soldier shouted back while looking straight ahead still.

     “Well let’s hear what you have to say for yourself then.” Karl said as he stepped back and folded his arms across his chest.

     “The wolf was about to attack us, and then this Slayer appeared from nowhere just as I was taking my shot at the wolf. This Slayer would have just been collateral damage if she had been killed, Sir.” The soldier said not looking bothered about what he did.

     “Are you really that stupid soldier?” Karl growled as he got in the man’s face. “I gave orders to leave the wolf and focus on finding the vampire, but you chased it down and cornered it, then tried to shoot it after I gave orders to not use deadly force.” Karl screamed at him. “Your helmet cam shows that the wolf was pacing back and forth, it wasn’t even close to attacking you.”

     “What’s so special about this woman anyway?” The soldier asked in a tone that said he didn’t think much of any women.

    Karl, Adams and Tanner were all about to have a go at him, but they stopped when they saw the Slayer appear right in front of the soldier shooting his mouth off.

    All the men jumped back looking scared shocked and freaked out, all apart from Karl, Adams and Tanner that is, the three of them just smiled as they knew what was coming next.

     “Do you want to see what’s so special about me little man?” Sara purred in her sexy slayer voice as she ran a finger down the man’s nose and over his lips as she moved in closer like she was going to kiss him, but she just lowered her hand to his chest and gave him a little push, but it was still hard enough to make him fall over and land on his backside.

     “Permission to teach this bitch a lesson Sir?!” The soldier said as he got back to his feet looking cocky about his chances.

     “Knock yourself out McGrath.” Karl said with a shake of his head like his man was insane for even thinking he stood a chance against the Slayer.

     “He won’t have to; the Slayer will do that for him.” Adams chuckled.

     “You’ve got that right.” Tanner smirked. “Be gentle with him Slayer!” he added.

     “He lost that right when he called me a bitch.” Sara purred as she waited for this McGrath to make his first move.

    Karl just smiled as he saw Sheana appear next to him in her black witch disguise. “Hello Witch, sorry about the trouble tonight, been having some teething problems with the new men.” He said in a polite tone. Karl had a lot of respect for Sheana since they fought side by side against the commander’s horror show of monsters.

     “Don’t worry about it Karl, no harm done, well not yet anyway.” Sheana said in her more adult sounding black witch voice with a smirk as she looked at Sara stood waiting for a man to try attacking her.

     “I’m hoping she can knock some sense into him.” Karl smiled.

     “Well little man, when are you going to start teaching me?” Sara asked in a bored tone.

     “You really are one sexy looking bitch, do you know that?” McGrath asked as he lunged at her, but Sara already knew what he was going to do, and she just side stepped while sticking her foot out to trip him as he flew past her.

    Sara walked over and slammed her booted foot down on his chest and added just enough pressure to make it hurt as she looked down at him. “That’s Miss Sexy Bitch to you asshole.” Sara said just before she removed her foot and turned her back on him as she walked away again.

    McGrath let out a growl as he got to his feet and he went for Sara from behind. Sara just turned and held out her hand, stopping him dead in his tracks as her fist slammed into his stomach knocking the wind out of him.

     “The only lesson I’m getting from this is how to make you look like a fool. Is that what you wanted to teach me little man, just what a fool you are?” Sara asked in a sexy purr as she left McGrath kneeling on the floor gasping for breath.

     “You bitch.” He groaned out in pain.

     “I’ve warned you about calling me a bitch, do it again and I will take you across my knee and spank you for it.” Sara warned as she stepped back to let him get to his feet again.

     “That was just a lucky shot.” McGrath spat out as he got ready to take a swing at Sara again.

    Sara let him take a swing and she just blocked it, and then she did it a couple more times as she watching him getting more and more angry that he couldn’t land a single blow. McGrath’s temper wasn’t being helped by all the other men in his unit laughing at him.

     “Are you ready to admit that I’m special yet little man?” Sara asked with a pout when she got bored with watching him make a fool of himself.

     “Yes, you’re special alright, a really special breed of super bitch!” McGrath spat out as he took one last swing at her.

    Sara easily stepped out the way of it and then she grabbed him by the jacket and dragged him over to a set of seats where she sat down and pulled him down over her knee.

     “I did warn you about calling me a bitch, but you just wouldn’t listen would you?” Sara said in a scolding tone like she’d heard her mother use with her many times in the past. “Let’s see if this helps you to remember what people tell you.” Sara added as she started slapping his backside while he fought to get off her knee without any luck.

     “OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! Let me go you crazy Bi... OUCH!” McGrath screamed out in pain.

     “Were you about to call me a bitch again?” Sara asked as she paused her spanking of the man.

     “No... I was going to say I was sorry for calling you a B.I.T.C.H.” McGrath spelt out, not wanting to say the word just in case he got another slap on the ass for it.

    Sara was happy that he’d learned something, but whether it stuck in his memory would have to be seen. She released her grip on him and then pushed him off her knee onto the floor before getting to her feet and walking over to join Sheana and Karl, while McGrath got to his feet wincing in pain as he placed a hand on his backside.

     “I don’t think he’ll be sitting down for a couple of days.” Karl said with a grin.

     “It will be worth it if it teaches him to keep his mouth shut and follow orders.” Adams said with a frown. “Sorry about the trouble you had out there tonight Slayer.” Adams added.

     “You know what they say Adams.” Sara said with a grin. “Sticks and stones won’t break my bones, and bullets just piss me off.”

     “I’ve never heard that before, but I’ll remember that the next time I point a gun at you, not that I ever would.” Adams chuckled.

     “It’s not guns I’m worried about with you, it’s a Taser.” Sara smirked.

     “A guy makes one simple mistake and no one will let him live it down.” Adams grumbled.

     “That was one mistake to many if you ask me.” Karl frowned.

     “You’re just bitter because it was you I shot with it.” Adams chuckled.

     “Don’t you miss those days when we were fighting against each other?” Sara asked with a grin.

     “NO!” Karl, Tanner and Adams said together.

    Sara giggled again and was just about to say something else when she heard Michelle in her ear sounding worried about something.

     “What’s wrong Michelle?” Sara asked after forming a mind link with her, not wanting to let Karl and the others know she had an ear wig. Not that they would be able to track it thanks to Sheana using magic to move the signal to another realm.

     “I’ve just picked up some chatter on the police band. There’s some sort of fight at Neal’s house.” Michelle started to explain. “A neighbour called the police saying that they heard some shouting and then it became someone screaming as it sounded like they were being attacked. Reports say there is a fatality at the scene.” Michelle added worriedly.

     “Sheana and I will go check it out and let you know what we find.” Sara thought back just before she broke the link with Michelle and opened one with Sheana. “Sheana? There’s trouble at Neal’s house, we need to go take a look.” Sara said after she’d formed the link.

     “Okay, let’s get going.” Sheana thought back just before she vanished.

     “I’m sorry to cut this little meeting short Karl, but I need to be someplace else.” Sara said just before she touched her belt and blinked away to meet up with Sheana at Neal’s house before Karl could ask any question as to why she need to suddenly leave.

    Sara and Sheana were stood across the road in the shadows as they watched the police and ambulance people going in and out of the house. They didn’t need to enter the house, as Sara could link with all the different minds already coming and going. She’d linked in Sheana as well, so they could try to work out what happened in there.

     “The body of a Mr Paul Atkinson is in the house.” An officer explained to a man in a suit as they stood just outside the house. “He lives here with his nephew, one Neal Atkinson, but he’s not in the house at this time, but neighbours heard Mr Atkinson shouting at someone just before they heard screaming and they saw a girl run from the house with blood on her hands, and Mr Atkinson was found with his throat ripped out.” The officer added as he read from his notepad.

     “Do you think the girl had anything to do with it?” The man in the suit asked.

     “Hard to say at this time, but they didn’t find any female clothes in the house, and there’s no sign of a woman having lived here for some time either, Detective.” The officer explained.

     “See if you can find a picture of this Neal Atkinson, and ask the neighbours if they could sit with a sketch artist and work up a drawing of what the woman looked like.

    Sara scanned the other people in the house and found one of the coroners in the bedroom getting ready to place the body in a body bag, so she got a chance to look at Neal’s uncle.

     “Do you think Neal did that after changing into something?” Sheana asked in a whisper as she also got to see what something had done to Neal’s uncle.

     “I’m not sure, but we need to find this woman and find out what she saw.” Sara whispered back after closing down her link with everyone and Sheana.

     “Can’t you look onto Neal’s mind and find him that way?” Sheana asked.

     “I’ve tried a couple of times, but something is wrong, all I’m getting is static, or something like static.” Sara tried to explain the problem. “It’s like he’s become so freaked out he’s not thinking straight at the minute.” Sara added.

     “Do you think Karl and his men will investigate?” Sheana asked as they watched the policed moving around the outside of the house looking for clues.

     “It looks like an animal of some sort attacked Neal’s uncle, so Karl will think it was a vampire or even Neal after the speed he healed at.” Sara thought out loud.

     “Do you think Karl knows about the fast healing then as well?” Sheana asked looking worried.

     “He does, and he’s got men keeping an eye on him, but I’m not sure if they know where he is now.” Sara said. “Let’s blink back to the cafe and see if Michelle and Jo have any news for us.” Sara added just before she touched her belt and blinked back to the cafe and the secret room in the basement.

    Michelle and Jo were franticly looking through CCTV footage trying to track where the girl had gone when she ran away from Neal’s house, but so far they weren’t able to find her on any of the footage they’d looked at.

     “I know what you’re going to ask Sara, and we’ve been trying to find the girl, but she’s not showing up anywhere, and I’ve not been able to track down Neal either.” Michelle said as she tapped away on the keyboard.

     “Can’t you link with Neal’s mind and find him that way?” Jo asked the same question Sheana had asked earlier.

    Sara explained that she couldn’t lock on to him, and it was like looking on a TV channel that wasn’t tuned in quite right, but the more she focused the more clearly she saw an image start to form, so she used more effort to try and pin down where he was.

     “Maybe you could track him down if you called on Hypatia to help you?” Sheana suggested.

     “That’s a great idea sis!” Sara said as she slapped a hand to her forehead and called herself stupid for not thinking of that herself.

    Sara reached out with her mind and was soon linked with Hypatia. Sara found it easier to do this with her because Hypatia was psychic as well.

     “Hello Sara, what troubles you my sweet child?” Hypatia asked as they met in the psychic version of the garden at Hypatia’s house.

     “I’ve been trying to link with Neal, the boy that got attacked Saturday night, but it’s like his mind has become out of focus to me, and I can’t get a clear picture of where he is.” Sara explained. “Something attacked and killed his uncle in their house, but there’s no sign of Neal at the house.”

     “I was afraid of something like this happening.” Hypatia said more as a thought than a statement to Sara.

     “Afraid of what?” Sara asked. “Afraid that something might try to attack Neal again?” Sara said with anger in her voice.

     “No, afraid that Neal might turn.” Hypatia corrected Sara.

     “You mean he’s been turned into a vampire?” Sara asked sounding shocked now. “But how can he be turned from a bite?” She asked sounding confused.

     “It doesn’t happen often, but it does every once in a while.” Hypatia sighed. “There must have been some sort of attack on a member of Neal’s bloodline that’s sat dormant until he was bitten by Anton and Rosalie.” Hypatia explained.

     “So he’ll be out looking to feed then?” Sara asking with fear in her voice. “But I couldn’t sense anything from him earlier tonight.” Sara said.

     “He may just be like Sammi, or some form of that, not all highbred vampires crave blood.” Hypatia explained what she knew of the few half breeds she’d come across.

     “We better find him and help him deal with this new side.” Sara said, wanting to focus on tracking Neal down before he hurt anyone else.

     “I’m not sure how he’ll deal with what he’s done to his uncle though Sara.” Hypatia warned.

     “I found out his uncle was beating him, so I can’t see him being that bothered by it.” Sara frowned.

     “If his uncle tried to beat him tonight, that could have been what triggered the change. Anger and fear are the main things to bring on the change in half bloods.” Hypatia said with some satisfaction in Neal’s uncle meeting his end at the hands of the person he’d been praying on. “We better get to work and track the poor child down and help him before Karl and his men catch him.” Hypatia added as she linked up fully with Sara and focused both their thoughts on finding out where Neal was.

    With Hypatia’s help they managed to break through the static Sara had been having trouble with, and they both saw where Neal was running, through his eyes.

     “I know where he is now, Thanks Tia.” Sara said as she got ready to break the link and blink over to his location so she could get him to safety.

     “Be careful Sara, and be warned you may need to reveal who you are to convince him to come with you.” Hypatia said.

     “I understand Tia; I’ll talk to you later.” Sara said just before she broke the link and filled Sheana and the others in on what they had to do, and who the killer might be.

    Sheana, Michelle and Jo were all sat with their mouths open when Sara finished explaining to them about Neal being the one that killed his uncle, and how he was a half blood vampire.

     “What about the girl the neighbours saw running from the house covered in blood?” Jo asked.

     “I don’t have all the answers yet, but I hope to find out once we get hold of Neal.” Sara said sounding frustrated. “Come on Sheana, we need to go and get him before Karl and his men do.” Sara said as she sent Sheana an image of the place Neal had gone to and was still hiding at. Since linking to Neal with Hypatia’s help, Sara had been able to keep tracking him, even if Neal’s mind was confused and scared about what was happening to him.

    In a flash Sara and Sheana had gone from the room under the cafe to a small wooded area on the edge of a park close to Sara and Sheana’s house where they had gone for a picnic earlier in the year.

     “Are you sure he’s around here?” Sheana asked as she looked around but couldn’t see any sign of anyone.

     “Yes, he’s in those bushes watching us right now.” Sara said as she looked over towards a small group of trees. “We need to take this slow and not provoke him in anyway.” Sara added as she started walking towards the group of trees.

    As they got closer to the trees they both heard some movement as something started moving away from them.

     “Neal? I want to help you.” Sara said, but she sounded very different due to the device Samantha made to alter her voice to sound more grown up.

    The movement stopped as she got Neal’s attention by using his name, and she could feel the confusion as he tried to work out whether or not to believe her. Sara felt him finally make his mind up that he needed to trust someone with what had happened and he started to make his way out of the trees to where Sara and Sheana were stood waiting.

    What Sara and Sheana saw step out of the trees left the two of them unable to speak for a couple of seconds. Instead of a medium height boy with short black hair. It was a girl with long glossy black hair and a figure that most models would kill for. Sara and Sheana got a good look at it due to her being naked. The girl was still covered in blood and she had leafs and twigs caught up in her hair from hiding out in the clump of trees.

     “What’s happening to me?” The girl asked with tears in her eyes. “Why am I a girl?” She added like Sara and Sheana would be able to answer her questions.

     “Neal?” Sara finally managed to ask. She opened the link more with the girl to make sure this was really Neal, and she could feel the fear and confusion. Sara could also see what had triggered the change and had led to him/her killing his/her uncle.

    Neal had gotten in the house and ran up to his room trying to avoid seeing his uncle, but his uncle was blocking the doorway to Neal’s room, so Neal had tried to get into the bathroom as soon as he saw the half empty bottle of Jack Daniels in his uncles hand, but his uncle was a little to close and he was able to grab Neal’s jacket and pull him back, slamming him into the wall and knocking the wind out of him. His uncle had then started punching Neal in the side; his uncle never punched Neal in the face.

     “Get off me!” Neal screamed, but his voice had gone up a couple of pitches making him sound like a girl, and he could feel his nails starting to dig into his hands as he felt a white hot anger growing inside him.

    Neal looked down at his hands while his uncle stepped back looking shocked at something that was happening to Neal, and Neal could see his hands looked more slender, but the thing that freaked him out was the fact his fingernails were now longer and came to feminine points, but still looked very dangerous. His uncle had looked on in shock as Neal’s hair started to grow out and his face became that of a beautiful girl. Neal forgot about his fingernails when he felt his chest swelling up and a pain down in his groin.

     “What the fu...?” Neal’s uncle had said as he looked at the bottle in his hand just before he let it drop to the ground like it was causing him to see weird things.

    Neal hadn’t been drinking and he was living through this weird thing, so he knew it wasn’t that causing the problem. Neal let out a very feminine scream as the pain of the changes became too great and he thought he was dying as his whole body felt like it was on fire.

    The pain was so great that Neal passed out, and when he woke again he found himself in his uncle’s bedroom with his uncle removing what was left of his clothes and he felt funny as his chest jiggled and it felt like he had some sort of weird packing around his bottom. He was soon fully awake though when he realised what his uncle was about to do to him, not realising that he was now a very pretty looking girl.

     “No! Get away from me!” Neal screamed, but it was not his voice he heard say it. “What the hell have you done to me?” Neal asked in a panic as he tried to sit up, but his uncle pushed him back down, but not before Neal saw his body, or her body as he’d just seen breasts and a smooth groin like he’d seen in some of his uncle’s magazines.

     “I don’t know what happened to you freak, but I’m going to make good use of it.” His uncle said in a drunken voice as he tried to hold Neal down while he removed his own pants.

    As freaked out as Neal was over all this, he could feel something building inside, something he’d never felt before. A power that told him he could stop this from happening.

     “Get away from me you bastard!” Neal snarled out through a weird feeling mouth as it felt like she had longer sharper teeth that was confirmed when she ran her tongue across the razor sharp teeth he now had. “Touch me again and I will kill you.” He spat out sounding funny as he tried to speak with the new teeth in his mouth, but he knew he could kill his uncle, and he wasn’t going to feel sorry about doing it.

     “You’ll do as you’re told now you have something I can use.” His uncle said as he approached Neal with his pants now around his ankles as he went to grab Neal’s new breasts.

     “I told you to get away from me.” Neal snarled as he slashed out to scratch his uncle’s face with his new longer nails, but he aimed a little low and ripped out his uncle’s throat instead and sprayed herself and the room with his blood.

    His uncle let out a blood curdling scream that lasted until he was unable to scream anymore due to all the blood filling up his lungs due to the gaping hole in his neck.

    Neal looked at his uncle as he fell to the ground still coughing and choking on his own blood as he held his throat like it would stop the blood leaking out. Neal then looked at his blood soaked slender feminine fingers and wanted to taste the blood on them, but he refused to let any part of that man inside him, even if all the blood did look good.

    Neal just turned and ran from the house, not bothering to put on any clothes; he just wanted to get as far away from the blood and his dead uncle. He couldn’t help but notice the changes in his body as he ran down the street. He remembered seeing a couple of his uncle’s neighbours out in the street as he ran down it, but he was trying to get away from this nightmare he’d found himself in. Neal had been so freaked out by everything else that happened, that he never realised he was running faster than he’d ever been able to before, and he’d ran until he ended up here in the park and he finally rested against a tree as he started to work out what happened to him.

    Sara was snapped back to the present when she heard the girls speak again.

     “Yes.” The girl nodded as she looked down at her breasts and reached up to touch them like she was in a dream and they wouldn’t be there when she touched them, but they ware and she let go again and tried to step away from her own body, but just tripped over and fell on the ground, landing on her well padded bare backside.

    Sara just looked at Sheana, and Sheana looked back at Sara with the same freaked out look on her face as neither of them was expecting to find Neal as a female. Before Sara had time to say anything else to the girl a couple of lights came on at the other side of the park and they heard dogs barking and men shouting at them. Sara closed the distance between her and the new look Neal and then blinked them both away. Sheana did the same as she heard Sara tell her to meet up at Hypatia’s place to find out what had happened.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dragon Armor

Elsbeth's picture

Always wise not to point a gun at the girl in the Dragon Armor. Good chapter.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

^_^

Self-defense to say the least and now Sara has another mouth to feed (oh Sara's mom is gonna love that one) I think. Luckily she might be able to work a deal with Karl to clarify the situation and get Neal (Niela?) a new identity.

Kim

Never a dull moment for Sara

& company. When one mission is resolved, another pops up. Wonder why Neal changed as he/she did.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Book two is flowing nicely--SPOILER-ISH ---

Poor Neil.

But at least she has good friends and competent help now.

Hum, Rosalie and Anton, if he recovers, owe the Slayer and Witch their lives. Perhaps they might be a good set of parents to a half vampiress. They do need to get Neil his, well her inheritance and make sure she is not charged and the bastard uncle is revealed as a would-be rapist/child abuser.

In other words, what will they and or the good men in black do to help the child?

And as a half vampire does that make her like Prue's little sister? Hum,.. If the vampires don't have a home or Neil can't go back to hers Prue would have another sister? Though that house is getting a bit crowded.

I'd suggest she live with Hypatia for a while but that would be hard on her and her lover.

If Hypatia is right about this being an awakening of vampires blood somewhere back in Neil's bloodline, what other powers does she have other than some of a vampire's power? An affinity for magic? Maybe the Slayer, Witch and Prue have another member to help fight against evil and prejudice?

Maybe another *special* worker at the internet cafe?

Or maybe just a good friend who understands their world.. once she adjusts to her new body and life.

You have my interest.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Sheena's talents

Are going to be needed here. A suitably magicked disguise ring would let "Neal" reappear and play innocent, "I don't know what happened, I left the house because my uncle was drunk." Then Neal can get his inheritance which would pay his way at Sara's Home for Wayward Vampires and other Magical Beings. Then Neal/? Niala? would be available for Hypatia to work with.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Karen's ever expanding gaggle of girls :P

While I had a feeling Neal might be TG I never expected that to happen, while killing is bad I hold no sympathy for a drunker'd who abused his nephew and would have raped his niece.

Glad Sara got to Neal in time, it's also good that Neal managed to avoid the bloodlust, hopefully Sheana can make a ring to reduce that. I wonder where she'll live now, maybe Hypatia needs to sort a new house for Karen's ever expanding gaggle of girls :)Neal could definitely do with a mother figure like Karen.

Great story as always.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p