Mystery of Sawnerve Island -4- Might as Well Be Magic

Printer-friendly version

Two boys shipwrecked on a tropical island make a series of strange discoveries while a mysterious force slowly transforms them into beautiful girls.

Nothing up their sleeves....


Coconut Palm      Mystery of
Sawnerve Island

Chapter 4 - Might as Well Be Magic

by Jijillian and Kyosuke

 

Chapter 4 - Might as Well Be Magic

 

Jerry started to climb up the body of the wreck but the sound of a ship's horn coming from the ocean side of the island stopped him. The two boys looked at each other for a moment and then as one they jumped off of the fuselage and began running as fast as they could, back toward the beach.

"We're saved! They found us!" Mitch yelled as they ran toward the beach. "Now I won't have to wear a dress to the prom!"

Jerry ignored Mitch's yelling and concentrated on running without hurting his bare feet. Mitch's fertile imagination provided Jerry hours of entertainment but sometimes his silliness got a little too close for comfort. Jerry could feel his little booblets jiggling inside his shirt, a very distracting sensation.

Both boys gasped for breath by the time they arrived at the beach, but that didn't stop them from immediately searching for the source of the sound. The ocean stretched wide and blue in front of them, more empty than any desert. Far away to what might be the west they could see a towering structure that after some examination appeared to be a distant storm complete with tiny spark-like lightning bolts. They didn't see anything else but water and sand and heard nothing but seabirds and waves.

"Where's the boat?" asked Mitch.

They scanned the sea again and again. "I don't know. But think about it, why would they have used a foghorn on an empty ocean in clear weather?" asked Jerry. He couldn't keep the disappointment out of his voice once this thought had occurred to him

"To signal us?" Mitch clung to hope but his voice quavered a bit.

"I don't think so," said Jerry. "And before you suggest it, I don't think they sent a submarine either."

Mitch looked at his friend reproachfully, then looked away when he really took in what he was seeing. Jerry's -- breasts! -- could plainly be seen making tents in his abbreviated shirt. "But, --uh-- who or what sounded a horn then?" Mitch asked a bit plaintively. "Maybe it's the aliens signaling their monsters to come and eat!"

"Yeah, maybe," Jerry replied sarcastically. "And they're turning us into girls because boys are too tough for the monsters to eat."

"You think? Hey, maybe we're growing boobs so they can get enough milk in their diet?" Mitch added, rather caught up in the idea.

Jerry rolled his eyes. Typical wild Mitch idea, thought Jerry. "I just don't see it. What do aliens care about human genders? They might have no sex or ten sexes."

Mitch grinned. "So you're saying it's an udderly ridiculous idea?"

Jerry tried to keep looking sour, he suspected he'd been set up. Mitch didn't need any encouragement to make silly jokes -- most especially not puns. They both had a fondness for wordplay but Mitch didn't have a stopping point on anything he really enjoyed. "I still think humans must be involved," he said, as much to derail Mitch as to continue the discussion.

"Lesbians!" suggested Mitch. "We're being turned into lesbian storm troopers for the assault on the male ruling class?"

Jerry sighed. "Mitch, think about it. If we're being turned into lesbians what does that suggest they expect us to be doing soon?"

Mitch shook his head. "Uh, huh, no way! I refuse to think about it. You and me? Nope, nope. Not if you had tits like Sophia Lotsabridgework!"

"Actually Mitch, What lesbians would want us to do is a lot better than what humans who are not lesbians would be wanting girls for," Jerry said grimly.

"Um, I definitely don't want to think about that. Besides, you are starting to look sort of cute." He grinned, enjoying Jerry's expression.

"Idiot! Be a little serious! If we can figure out who's doing this and why, we'll have a better chance of surviving --uh-- intact." Jerry moved to the shade of a tree at the edge of the beach and sat down, still tired from their run across the island.

Mitch sighed, much put upon by his friend's insistence on sober thought. "Yeah, yeah. Nerds rule! But this is just too freaky. It's pretty obvious we're turning into girls, but how and why? -- I don't think there's any way for us to tell." Mitch found his own tree to sit under.

"Maybe we can't figure it out now, but remember what Mr. Shaw said about solving problems? Figure out the parts you can, and make sure you're asking the right questions. Then you have the best chance of solving the problem."

Mitch wasn't quite as fond of their old math teacher as Jerry was, but anyone who spent the last day of class giving a lecture on the mathematics of music, and then playing the bagpipes couldn't be all bad.

"I don't think this can be solved like an algebra problem, brain-boy," Mitch said.

"Maybe not, but we've got a better chance if we think about it rather than just waiting for an answer to fall in our laps." Jerry argued.

"Okay. Okay, so what have we got so far? The food here is turning us into girls, the birds are shredding our clothes, and someone or some thing is blowing whistles. How can we solve any part of that puzzle?" Mitch replied, wondering what his friend might come up with.

Jerry thought for a bit. "Well, as for the how, I think that's one of those questions that we're not going to solve right away. These changes are too big and happening too fast to be anything we might know about. So whether it's magic or super science doesn't matter a lot."

"Actually it matters some," Mitch replied, getting interested in the problem. "I mean, magic or super science would mean that someone is doing this to us. But maybe it's something natural that occurs on this island?"

"Conceivable, but unlikely," Jerry said without having to pause. "What's happening is -- too focused on turning us into girls, and the way the food has been affecting us doesn't make sense for something natural. I mean there's no natural reason for the shape of the food to be related to what it does to us, but it has been."

"I see what you're saying. If it was natural, the boobie fruit would have been just as likely to change our voices as it would to make us grow boobs," Mitch said looking at his new endowments.

"Exactly!" Jerry said, too involved in his thoughts to notice where Mitch was looking. "And that also points to human, because non-humans wouldn't have any real reason to turn us into girls, and they also wouldn't have any reason to do the 'you are what you eat' bit."

"What if it's an accident of some sort," Mitch suggested, "or something like an ancient curse put on this island that turns men who land here to women? There's a lot of ways this could have been started by people who aren't here any more."

Jerry sighed and looked at himself. "I'd laugh at the idea of ancient curses or magic except I can see the evidence right in front of me. I don't know of any science that could make this big of a change this fast. Girls don't develop this fast, I was about six when my sister --uh-- sprouted, and while it seemed like she grew tits over night, she really didn't."

Mitch giggled at Jerry's word choice. The rest in the shade seemed to be putting him in a good mood for some reason. "I think my change is bigger than your change," he said in a slight sing-song and cupped his breasts. "Mmmmm, and they feel good -- I wonder if yours feel good, too," Mitch said. He looked at Jerry and giggled again then started crawling toward his friend.

Jerry noticed that he felt good, too. He giggled as he got up and moved away from Mitch. "Watch it you. I'm not that kind of girl!" He felt relaxed, energetic and no longer worried, all at the same time. He wondered for only a moment, "Are we drunk?", but the thought faded in the pleasure of moving as he turned and ran back toward the stream. He laughed for the joy of running.

"You're not any kind of girl yet!" Mitch called, "Neither am I!" He stood and started running after Jerry. "But we may be girls soon." Somehow that thought didn't worry him as much as he expected it to. He was more interested in how his new boobies jiggled as he chased Jerry. Giggling, he followed his friend in and out of the trees growing on the edge of the jungle.

     

Interlude 4

 

The tall man stood hidden in the shadows deeper in the heavygrowth. He watched as Mitch and Jerry ran off giggling and shouting at each other. "Fascinating," he said as the two started an impromptu game of tag.

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

For those of you who are wondering,

Yes we do have an explination for all of this.

I'm having a real blast writing this with Jillian. Let us know what you think!

Kyosuke - "The wind may blow in many directions, but a dog has feelings too."

Kyosuke - "The wind may blow in many directions, but a dog has feelings too."

I'm wondering

The girls? have some of this figured I think. They are wondering whats happening and more to the point why they are not freaking out over all of this. Whatever is going on does seem to have a mental effect. Very interesting as Artie Johnson would say!
hugs!
grover

Kool!

I can't wait to see what's up!
grover