Sweet Dreams-45

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-45

Chapter 45

I wake up with Alex kissing the back of my neck and the side of my neck and I’m spooned close to him and there’s the delicious feel of his body heat against me along with his muscles. I smile and snuggle a bit more.

“I really love this so much Alex. It’s perfect y’know.”

“It’s so worth the price Hunter.”

“Price?”

“Mmm…the guy price. Scratchy toenails, hair in my face and an arm that’s totally asleep.”

I laugh out loud at that. I honestly never thought about the holder side of the spooning snuggle. He pulls my over from my side to my stomach and kisses me morning breath and all.

There’s a relationship gauge. After the stuff we both ate last night well you can just imagine the morning breath and if it doesn’t matter. We spend a good half and hour just kissing and touching each other and before long Alex is hard and ready and I want him. Yes we’re making love again and part is because I want him and part is because we’re both young and horny but it’s also that when I have the surgery who knows how long it will be before I get the okay from the doctors for us to be together.

I won’t get into the specifics but it was a very, very good morning. I’m lying in bed satisfied and sort of spent while Alex gives me a really long kiss and he heads off to shower.

I roll out of the wet spot and into his place and stay face down in his pillow breathing him in. it’s not that he just smells good usually but he smells like Alex, My Alex and for someone who’s never really had anything or anyone that is a precious thing to me.

Having a life that I could never ever dream of it all mixed up in that scent of his. Alex smells like dreams to me. As much as I’d just like to lay here in my post sex glow being all good emotional and happy I do have to go to work today and there’s some other things that I need to do too.

So I get up and I wrap the linen top sheet around me. And I stop to give myself a tiny little shot on my perfume in the small of my back. Why? Because I feel girly right now with the sheet tied around my crest and hair loose and that whole post sex feeling and everything I actually despite my physical bits and everything I feel sexy.

And I guess it just felt right.

I pad out to the kitchen and I make some coffee Alex doesn’t like those cartridge cup coffee machines but I do April’s rocks. He works in a coffee house and we have the best beans and we have these really expensive coffee filters from like hemp or something and I put a pot of coffee on.

Hmm…next I dig out the juicer. I dig out some stuff that we put through the thing and honestly I’m getting used to the whole deal with eating healthy and stuff so first I run a half dozen carrots through and a couple of apples and then some pineapple. Okay the pine apple is peeled and cored just because of us taking the pulp like I’m doing now and dumping it into a mixing bowl. I juice some celery and a red pepper after that then mix the juice I made with some frozen orange juice and put it in the fridge.

I get Alex’s water bottle out and he comes out and Kisses me then has a small cup of black coffee really quickly and he then takes his water bottle and goes for his run.

Me I take the pulp in the bowl and add some baking spices and the stuff for pancake batter and I start making more or less a kind of carrot cake, pineapple styled kind of waffle.

Hey why toss the stuff out? I know you can composte it but it’s really good like this too.

I make myself a coffee and dig out a thing of the Jimmy Dean sausage rounds and fry them up and make stuff for scrambled eggs.

By the time I’m done that Alex is back and we eat our breakfast well I eat and he manhales his food and gives me the heebie jeebies as he slops cottage cheese ontop of his waffles. Me I put lots of powdered sugar on mine and just a little of that Greek yogurt stuff and the combination is sorta close to the cream cheese icing for carrot cake.

I do actually drink some of the juice too a whole great big glass of it and have some milk that Alex pours for me.

Yeah, yeah I know I need it.

We do the dishes and I put the wash on and instead of leaving it I take it outside to April and Adam’s back yard and use the clothesline. I break about half of the clothespins though that were there in the bucket. I don’t think it’s ever really been used and I slip back up and into the shower with Alex and then we do the couple sharing a bathroom thing while we get ready for work.

Work at Halli’s was actually pretty busy. It’s a Saturday and there’s a fair number of people that come in and do the whole brose and look around bit and she always gets a good number of the Indian and Middle Eastern people in here to shop and a lot of them are girls my age or college aged with the odd smattering of some of the older customers too. It’s actually good to be busy and I’m actually having fun while I’m putting out and pricing stock, cherry picking a few things for myself and learning not just that kind of stuff but also a bit of Hindi words from Halli and some UK English or as Halli calls it English because we don’t speak English here we speak American. But I’m also getting taught a little Tatlog and Farsi too, nothing big but…Hello…Thank you…Please come again…Have a nice day…enough that it seems to make some of the ladies smile.

Oh and Halli has me making tea and setting out biscuits. If there’s several ladies or a mother shopping with her daughters and they might be there awhile I’m making tea for them. I’m not really confident of making a proper cuppa as she’d say but it’s another thing I’m getting the hang of.

But the whole tea and a cookie thing works. These women sit, take their time and buy more. If a daughter is trying to decide between outfits they’ll often buy both if having been plied with tea.

There’s a whole other way of doing things and some of these women mostly the older ones will dicker with Halli to get a deal.

One of the best things honestly about working here is the fact it’s so multicultural and Halli is very trendy too in that great London-exotic chic way. It sort of feels like I’m getting some of the skinhead exposure stains from the steps hit finally off of me.

Alex brings lunch down from Wired with Halli’s order of things for the shop. Good teas and stuff. We all eat together with Alex having brought down these little pots of Beriberi? Spiced beef stew. It’s this African thing and the lunch special and spicy…really spicy but I still enjoy it. I want to try all sorts of new stuff. I might pay for it later since I’m not used to this kind of food but I was wiping out my bowl with this weird pancake bread call injera? Its like made from buckwheat and it’s apparently Ethiopian food.

Hey maybe the trendy African food will burn some of the redneck racist biker crap out too. I honestly don’t mind having some street still in me. I’m not going to really ever forget or deny where I’m from. But I got out, I’m out and I really do want to learn and be just more than a hooker-addicts kid.

No, that was Will Hunter….I’m Hunter Williams, I’m my fathers daughter.

The rest of the day at work is good and since I get off before Alex does. I do a little shopping in some of the shops in the building. Well it’s mostly window shopping really I can’t afford that awesome purple mauve Daisy-Rock guitar at the music shop. No I can’t play but I want to learn. I price some tablets and stuff at Radio-Shack and even go into Griffin-Games and check out the stuff in there.

Okay that’s funny because I do get the whole cliché girl in the comic shop there and I really don’t know comics for shit really I enjoy looking at them and stuff and there seems to be a lot of stuff here that’s not mainstream. I kind of like that. I do get some of the comic fliers and the free ample stuff for Alex. I mean he’s into art and stuff and comic book artist is a job.

And wow…asking the guys…geeks at the store…Wow, that Todd McFarlane guy has done pretty well for himself.

What was really cool? I was given two comic tee-shirts for free. Apparently they sent a few girls’ sizes free with some orders and they didn’t sell so I have a white super girl tee-shirt and a female green lantern shirt. I might just wear these to school sometime. I do spend twenty two bucks and get Alex this black with red Superboy t-shirt? I can’t follow the convoluted explanation of this Conner guy but the shirt will look awesome on Alex’s built chest ad arms.

I’ll say this, people whine and bitch and moan about comic book women being objectified…well looking at the pictures of these comic book men and guys well honestly they’re eye candy too.

I think I’m learning a bit of geek too, and that might come in handy with student council when I decide to run. Heh I should read some Poppy Z. in English and get the goth-emo kids on my side more.

I do get a coffee and use one of the computers once I’m at Wired waiting for Alex. It took me a bit to find them but I’m making some last minute plans for tomorrow.

See this thing with going to see my Dad’s grave had me thinking of Alex’s mom’s grave and her family. Facebook makes finding them easier and I’m making plans and talking to Alex’s grandparents on his mother’s side. Adam and him haven’t seem them in…well they pretty much cut all ties to her family after the accident and the funeral.

Hell they didn’t even know where they were living at. It’s been almost fourteen years….It has Adam written all over it. Not the control but the control…there’s a lot of pain there on both sides I think but Adam took Alex and pretty much turtled themselves away from their old life.

I know I’m pushing and I know I really could get on the shitlist from both of them but they’re family, and they seem really decent people. I’ve been looking and creeping their internet accounts and stuff. If they were assholes like Cliff and his extended Nazi-party…I mean family…I wouldn’t be talking to is grandmother in chat right now.

She’s actually a really nice lady. Alex has been missing from their life pretty much since they lost their daughter. Amanda what is it with this family and the whole A names? Actually I think I get it, it was a high school sweetheart thing. Only from what I’m getting they went from High school to Adam going to college and it was in law school when she got pregnant with Alex.

I get the impression it wasn’t something that Adam had planned on and but maybe she had. Her mother said they were having relationship problems since law school right up until they found out that she was going to have a baby. Then everything seemed fine until the accident.

I look over at Alex and watch him doing his thing behind the counter and even smile a little bit at the number of girls that are coming up and flirting with him. Yeah I’m smiling because usually when they’re asking him out for something like a date and stuff he actually tells them to ask me and points me out. I get to be bad and smile and wave at him.

He’s doing it again with a girl and I smile. How is he going to take this? He hasn’t seen them in so long…sigh…I guess I’ll just have to play this straight up. I mean it’s not like I’d spring this on him like a bad surprise.

Sigh.

The girl at the counter’s about twenty I’d say and she’s giving me this look. Some of them are embarrassed when he does that well most of them actually but some like her are looking at me and the way I’m dressed and the skinny uncurvy girl that I am and there’s that just barely there sneer and that stare….and…

She looking at him again, then me and then him as she pays for her order changing it to go then me as he’s getting it ready. Yeah, yeah I know you don’t get it. You’re beautiful and all of that. Problem is that you know it too.

He’s with me over girls like Jen. Jen’s changed and all but this girl’s one of those types so I’m not jealous or upset or anything like that because I actually know that if Alex didn’t want to be with me he just wouldn’t be with me.

And I’m not going to disrespect what we have with some of that insecure stuff some girls pull with that whole what if he changes his mind?

He comes over after she leaves and brings me another coffee. Yeah I drink a lot of it but I always have and thankfully he brought something to nibble too some kind of sandwich cookie. I’m starting to like to eat and I’m still in that whole trying to put weight on thing too. But I almost need something else to go with my coffee if I can’t have a smoke.

I sip my coffee and sigh in a little pleasure at my vice. “Thank baby.” I say and give him a kiss.

“You looked pretty into it over here and stuff anything interesting?”

“I was talking with your grandmother.” I say it straight out instead of waiting for it to get harder and where I might chicken out.

“My…grandmother…?” He’s blinking a bit looking between shocked and upset.

“Yeah, she’s your Mom’s mom.”

“Why?”

“I was thinking about her since the stuff with my dad came up and you never talk about it.”

“That’s because I don’t want to talk about it.” He’s getting bristly, tense and angry looking I can see the storm there in him.

“I’m not asking you too but I figured since I’m facing up to the shit from my past and going to see my dad and likely walking right into a PTSD freak out I figured that it’s be healthy if we both did.”

“Healthy…” He glares at me.

“Misery enjoys company?” I shrug and try for cute.

“Hunter…”

“Alex…enough bullshit, you haven’t been there, and you’re not a kid. You need to go and you need to fix the rift in your family.”

“Hunter you don’t get it.”

“Okay you’re right I don’t at least when your grandparents are concerned.”

“They tried to take me from dad; they blamed us for what happened.” He’s looking down but still brooding and there’s a shiver through his muscles at likely some bad memories.

“They were assholes then.” He looks at me surprised. I think he thinks that I was going to defend them. “What they did likely sucked, and they were likely really shitty about it but they’d lost their only daughter out of the blue too. Amanda never said how bad shit was with Adam or their relationship was in the gutter and sure as hell she didn’t bring up her drinking or her addiction.”

“So you’re sort of saying it wasn’t their fault?” His voice got quiet.

“No…Alex I’m saying that they fucked up, they were hurting and grieving and they wanted to keep what was left of her for themselves and hurt Adam at the same time. It was a shitty thing to do. But…”

“But….”

“Time goes by Alex people change, and wounds heal over and most importantly we get perspective right?”

He nods quietly.

I take a deep breath. “And this is on you and Adam too.” Alex looks at me again. I stare back into his eyes and lean over and very gently kiss him.

“Yes, you too. Adam shouldn’t have kept you apart for so long and he did it for his own reasons but none of them really justified keeping a family apart when you guys could be together. And you you’re scared to reach out and I can get that but you’re not a kid Alex and haven’t been for a long time you have a computer they weren’t that hard to find.” I say softly to him still kiss close holding his face.

“So…you’re saying?” there’s the start of tears there in his eyes and I wipe them away with my thumb and he shivers some more.

“I’m saying everyone fucked up in this, everyone and it’s more than time that we just get over ourselves and all of the crap from this. Let’s just go there tomorrow and just talk to them. You’re going to college soon, then life and if you don’t stop this then one day they’re not going to be there anymore and you’ll have missed out like I have…”

He looks me in the eyes and I can see him hurting and there a lot of it there mixed in with some fear and yet there’s something there. I gently kiss him again and press my forehead to his and a couple of tears spill out of the corners of both of our eyes. He gently nods against me while we’re like that.

(Male-Sniffle-cough.) “You’ll be there right?”

“Alex I love you I’ll be there, I’ve got your back always…”

(Male-Sniffle-small-laugh.) “Yeah…even when I don’t know that I need something huh?”

I smile I can’t help it because I love him so much and I kiss him a lot deeper and hungrier too. “We love each other Alex; it’s why people do…nobody’s perfect but two people loving and caring for each other in all the good and bad stuff it’s as close as I think we get to have.”

He smiles, he smiles one of those hidden little Alex smiles he keeps like treasure for me and kisses me deeply. “I don’t know how close to perfect it is with us Hunter but there’s nothing more that I want than a hundred years with you to make it the rest of the way there.”

Oh yeah I leak out a few more tears and kiss him back. My god I’m going to be a blubbering wreck once the girl hormones start to kick in. I don’t care though, right now there’s nothing that can really put a damper on this for us.

Well except maybe as we kiss the other staff and some of the regulars start to jeer and whistle at us until we’re blushing too much to keep it up. We break the kiss and he looks at me.

“Another half hour okay?”

“Yeah I’m in no rush.”

I do a little quiet happy sigh as he heads back to work to do clean up and I bite into the cookie sandwich…mmmm…date filling in the middle really thick on one side and a cookie thick slice of cheese cake filling on the other cookie pushed together.

And my coffee.

I spend the rest of that time actually putting my things away and getting cleaned up a bit in the ladies room and by the time I’m ready he’s ready.

We head out and we get a few groceries at Cost Co. mainly because they have a flower shop inside their store and I get some stuff for dad’s grave and flowers for his mothers too.

And once we’re done shopping we head home and I put the flowers and the plants in a plastic bucket from the garage and lots of cool water to keep them fresh until tomorrow. Then I go upstairs to where Alex is getting supper together for us. Tonight we’re cheating and we’re having just hot dogs and French fries. Usually we eat pretty healthy but with the day that we had today and tomorrow looming ahead we’re taking it easy.

Junky food for supper and cuddling up together on the couch and watching a bit of TV until it’s to the point we’re sort of both falling asleep and we head off to bed together.

There’s some kissing and some snuggling and stuff but nothing in that whole realm of sex intimacy tonight. It’s just not the right night for it, not tonight.

But after awhile I say… “Alex?”

“Mmm..?”

“Roll over….”

He rolls over his back to me and mumbles. “M’kay….”

I roll over to my side and snuggle up to him pressing against his back and slip one arm under him and the other around him so I’m the one holding him this time. He lets out this shiver and this sigh that is just so….deep even in his sleep at being held…if anyone hasn’t been held nearly enough it’s Alex. I smile and I kiss his back a few times and settle my head against him smelling his skin and listening to his heartbeat and because he’s so heavy I know the arm that’s under him is going to be really dead asleep by morning.

And he’s right.

He’s worth it.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

yeah but

that dead arm feeling does suck. nice to see Hunter is still nesting, shes going to gather family or else.
its been long enough it looks like it time. always fun to mess with the minds of the self absorbed high maintenance girls
good chapter, thanks

Hunter really wants to gather her family together.

This stuff with the tragic death of Alex's mom has divided the family for too long. As she doesn't have one it's that much more important to her.
*Hugs and Howls.*

Bailey Summers

Hunter just keeps getting

Hunter just keeps getting better and better at mending bridges with Alex's family. Great story looking forward to more.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Because he's worth it!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Alex is most definitely worth it. :-)

For once I can kinda see where Adam is coming from. His wife had just killed herself, nearly taking their only child with her, and then her relatives want to take Alex away from him? At a time when Adam wanted to someone to lash out at, they gave him a target and an excuse to avoid dealing with his own grief and confusion. So Yeah, not speaking to them again seems quite logical from that perspective. I just hope Alex and Hunter tell Adam what they going to do before they do it. I could see Adam taking any contact with his wife's family as almost treasonous, so they've got to be upfront about it.

A great chapter as always Bailey!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Adam has definitely had his reasons...

I found it really interesting actually to get into this and to play the things out that happened with everything in my head while we see how things have come to be where they're at now. I agree and so would Hunter about the up front part.
Though Hunter see's this that Adam will need as much as Alex, even if a lot of anger and hurt comes out.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Tthis one.

Is your best Bailey. At least IMHO. Hunter has come so far and she dragged others along with her as she did even if they kick and scream a lot.

I see Adam has noticed what a real treasure he has in her.

Maggie

Gosh Maggie thanks so much:)

I love writing for this story Hunter's come a long was and she's really in this deep with Alex, deeper than she could've imagined really. Adam...Adam too is starting to see Hu ter as being irreplacable in his family.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

"I’ve got your back always"

that's a great thing. She's got his back, he has hers....

That true love, that true partnership ....

I will never have it. But at least I can read about it.

DogSig.png

You never know Dorothy, you never know:)

Honestly I never expected to meet or fall so deeply in love with my Jonelle. You can never tell what's going to happen or who'll see what's really there inside.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I love reading this story

I love reading this story becouse they are so much in love.. Its refreshing..mmmmm

Laurie

Thanks Laurie C.

I'm going for that but also a lot of RL stuff along with thee two people that just clicked.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Halli

I love the comment but speaking UK English and speaking American. I have family in the UK, and we say the same thing about the way we talk. There are times I need to ask for them to explain themselves since I have not even a clue what they are talking about in our conversation. Makes me smile :) just thinking about them.
tyvm

Josie

Knows how it feels

Jamie Lee's picture

Liz's death, or the way she died, and almost Alex as well, hurt several of this family. Her parents reacted badly in trying to get custody of Alex, why they wanted custody isn't known, but they were hurting and didn't care how Adam was feeling.

But what Hunter sees is a chance for Alex and Adam to change their relationship before one or the other dies, causes the other to regret not doing something to have changed things. She knows what she feels about them because she feels it due to the loss of her father.

It is hard for both Alex and Adam to face their differences because they haven't dealt with all of the hurt and anger that replaced their relationship after Liz died. Hunter had no choice in facing the hurt and anger she has because of crap face and her mom or she would have died at his hands.

And now she is forcing both to face themselves, their anger and fears, before they add more regrets. And while she's in their faces, she's doing it with love, reserving her anger to sweep away all of the BS they've built up over the years.

Others have feelings too.

Fanily can cause deeper hurt than anyone

Usually because they are already past your defenses. Having said that it is nice and important to have family.