The world through grains of sand -- Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Notes: It took me a little longer to get this done than I had anticipated. This chapter is also longer than both previous chapters combined.

That said, I hope you guys like it and, as usual, any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.


Chapter 3 - Morning Ritual.

This time, when I slowly came to, I immediately knew the changes were over. There was no pain, soreness, ache, fever, tiredness or anything and I just lay there enjoying the feeling. The feeling of not being sick. It was a lot like the peaceful silence after a storm and I could almost feel the metaphorical sunshine peaking around the clouds. It was blissful in a way, to know the physical pain was over. That made me just lie there in bed, enjoying the moment.

Lying there for a while also made me aware of my now different body. Something I hadn’t been too aware of during my change. I had just felt too sick to really notice or care. Now though, as I was laying there on my right side, I noticed the wider hips and the absence between my legs. Or the odd weight on my chest, that seemed to be squashed against the mattress on my right chest, while my left, uh, breast I should say. Gosh that is weird. The idea that I had breasts. Anyway, I could feel the way my left breast was sort of hanging there and the way my left arm seemed to be squishing it slightly. It was definitely odd and unusual to me. Another thing was the longer hair or the smoother skin. When I moved my legs for example, I could feel silky smooth legs rubbing against each other. Definitely strange.

It all made me curious for what I looked like. Opening my eyes though, ruined the moment. I couldn’t see anything. I blinked my eyes, and rubbed them furiously with my hands, but they just wouldn’t work. I was blind. Freakin’ blind.

I should have seen it coming, after my last couple of changes. I actually feared this a little in the back of my mind when I noticed the deterioration of my eyes yesterday. To be confronted with it so suddenly was shocking though. I didn’t know what to do. I was just shocked by it.

I was furiously hoping that my eyes would just suddenly work, or that this was just a bad dream. I even pinched myself in my arm to confirm. I was awake though. That desperately made me hope I had some kind of ability that made me able to see without my eyes. Like that seeing through telekinesis or something. Psychoperception it’s called, if I remember correctly. Or maybe they could fix it. A simple surgery hopefully. Anything to give me sight. I didn’t want to go through life without my eyes. Just thinking about how hard it would be was depressing. Much more so than the fact that I was now undeniably a girl.

My body didn’t allow me to work myself into a depression about it though, it made it clear that I had to pee. No diarrhea this time luckily. Just a number one. The mere thought of just getting there was a bit more daunting than it used to be. I didn’t want to ask my mom for helping me go to the toilet though. That was much too embarrassing. That’s why I went there myself.

Just getting out of bed proved different with this body, as my skin was a bit smoother than it used to be. Going to the bathroom and then to the toilet proved to be a bit more challenging though. Not too much luckily, as I was very familiar with the route from my bed to my toilet. My change in height proved to be an unexpected hindrance though, as everything seemed to be slightly out of perspective compared to what I was used to. The door knob for example seemed a little higher and my footsteps were smaller so I wasn’t judging the distances quite right. It was frustrating. I did make it on time though. Holding it in fortunately felt much like holding the same muscles that I used as a guy.

Once on the toilet things weren’t too hard though. Anyone could probably do that with their eyes closed. I wouldn’t be able to do it standing up anymore though, with my new plumbing. Oh, and because I was currently blind. I don’t think even blind guys pee while standing up. Would cause quite a mess I’m afraid.

As for my new plumbing, in many ways it was much the same. Holding it in was much same and releasing felt like the same muscles as well to me. The actual release was different though. The pee hole or opening was now somewhere in or roughly on the outside of my vagina and that made it feel a little like I was wetting myself a little. Not as much as I was making a mess of myself like before, during my change though. The opening itself was also quite a bit bigger than what I had as a boy and that made my pee pour out much more, uh, violently you could say. In a way at least. It made it seem more like I was releasing a waterfall instead of a more pressurised jet or something. I was done a little quicker than before too.

Something unexpected in this all was the fact that I seemed to have an extra hand available. Normally I would have to use one hand to hold up my clothes and the other to hold down my penis. That latter one wasn’t needed though. There was nothing there to aim down with. I wasn’t used to that, so I didn’t really know what to do with that arm. It’s also not something I have ever really thought about before. Oh well, who would ever really pay attention to the differences in pee habits between boys and girls. Maybe I should write an essay about it now that I can actually experience it myself.

That last thought made me smile a little. It was maybe a little weird to think about, but it was definitely a much more positive thought than to linger on my blindness. It was hard not to though. The lack of vision was just ‘there’. Even if that sounded a little contradictory. That blindness made the world seem like a more one dimensional place though. I could only feel the cold tiles of the bathroom floor on my feet and the toilet seat on my thighs. The only reason why I knew where everything else around me roughly was, was because I’ve seen it all hundreds, if not thousands, of times before. It made me know where to grab for the toilet paper for example. I still almost missed it though. Just that small ‘mistake’ made me wonder what the rest of my life would be like. Just imagining eating was depressing. I wouldn’t be able to tell where those peas were on my plate. Sigh.

After having wiped I carefully made my way to the sink to wash my hands. That proved to be fairly easy, luckily. Things were pretty easy to find when you knew where to feel for them. I say fairly easily, as my change in size made it all seem a little different than it actually was. I couldn’t look in the mirror though, to see how I have turned out though. Another depressing thought. I fear that I’ll have a lot of those though, if I stay blind for long. Yeah, I was hoping it was temporarily, or that I would gain some other form of vision or something.

Next came a shower. I really needed a shower. It would almost be a crime against humanity not to take a shower. I could smell myself, that’s how bad it was. I would definitely have to wash myself properly. That made me stumble on a small problem though. After I had made my way to the shower, I didn’t know which bottle was shampoo and which was body wash. They were both the same shape. I just knew the shampoo was blue and the body wash was black. I couldn’t see that though. Sigh.

I uh, I guess this was the time where I tell my mom about my, uh, little predicament. I could try to figure it out by smelling them, but I think I better tell my mom first anyway. Maybe she has some idea about what to do with my hair. In my limited experience it had proven quite annoying to wash now that it was longer. Quite a bit longer in fact, as I could feel it reach to a little below my shoulder blades now, roughly to the middle of my back.

I didn’t want to break the news to mom while in the bathroom though. That just didn’t seem like the right place to do so in my mind. That’s why I made my way back to my room. On entering my room I of course immediately noticed the soft carpet under my feet. It did also bring a slight feeling of being unrooted with it though. I felt much more sure footed on the ceramic tiles of the bathroom. I didn’t linger on it long as I carefully made my way to the door to call for my mom. I wasn’t planning on going to look for her. That would probably be hard, without my eyesight.

“Mom!! Could you come up here please!” I yelled down the hall once I had opened my door. As I yelled I was again astounded by my different voice. It was much higher than it used to be. Luckily not annoyingly high. Definitely no calimero at least. It was a very girly voice though. No way was I going to pretend to be a guy over the phone.

After having called, I carefully made my way to my bed and sat down, to wait for my mom. I wasn’t sure how to break it to her gently though. I guess I’d just be blunt and upfront. I like blunt and upfront.

“Feeling alright, Aiden?” My mom asked as she entered my room. I tried to look in her direction, or at least to where I thought she was.

“Physically I’m feeling great. I’d say I’m feeling better than I’ve ever have. I think I’m done with my change.” I said, trying to maintain eye contact with mom, which was hard as I couldn’t actually see her. “As you probably know, I’m a girl now. That’s not my greatest-”

“Why are you looking so odd at me, Aiden?” My mom interrupted me. “And what happened to your eyes?” She asked that last part in shock.

“That what I was getting to mom. I’m blind at the moment.”

“Blind? At the moment?”

“Yeah, as in I can’t see anything. Oh, but I’m really really really hoping I’ll regain my sight or something. That’s why the ‘at the moment’, mom.” I said in my new girlish voice, which sounded alien to me.

“Oh you poor baby.” My mom said, as she took me in a hug. Something I actually appreciated. I even hugged back, a little. I wasn’t being so overly emotional about it to burst into tears though. I was still hoping this was temporary or that I would regain some form of sight.

“Thanks mom. For the hug. I think I actually needed that, to get me through this.” I said as I released the hug.

“Is no problem Aiden, but gosh this sure changes things. I had already bought you a sort of emergency set of girl clothes and everything. We would have to buy you a whole new wardrobe anyway, but this blindness thing sure will change other things as well. I’m not sure if your school could deal with a blind student.”

“I’m uh, I’m still actually hoping I regain my sight or something or that I gain another form of sight so to speak. Like that Psychoperception thing for example. I don’t really want to change schools mom. I have friends there. Although, now that I think about it, in some ways it may be awkward to go back to my old friends in this body.” I said. “They’ll just have to cope I guess.”

“I wouldn’t cling to that hope too much Aiden. I think it’s best if you prepare yourself for the worst. We’ll see after you’ve been to the MORFS testing center. They should be able to help us with this.” My mom said.

“I can handle being a girl mom. I honestly find that I don’t really mind this body too much. It’s just different but I still feel like me, sort of. Being blind though. That’s hard. I’ve never actually heard of anyone being blind after they go through MORFS. I do know of a guy at school that can’t actually see with his eyes, but he sees with his mind. He still has sight in a way. But to actually be blind after your change, that’s unheard of as far as I’m aware mom. That’s why I won’t lose hope until they drop the verdict at the MORFS testing center, mom.”

“I guess that’s fair. I just don’t want you to be too disappointed if it turns out you’ll really be blind. Me and your dad will help you in every way we can, you know that right?” Mom said, as she gave me a one arm hug.

“I know mom. Even Seth would probably be willing to help.” I said with a little smirk.

“See, that’s the spirit.” My mom said. “Now, I guess you should get cleaned up and dressed.”

“Yeah, that’s actually the reason why I needed to tell you this. I couldn’t really tell which bottle was shampoo and which was shower gel.” I said, feeling slightly embarrassed about it, even if I couldn’t help not being able to tell the difference.

“Hey, that’s not something to be embarrassed about.” My mom said. Apparently my emotions were easier to read for her than I figured. “That said, you should probably use a different shampoo and everything anyway. Let me get some of my shampoo and body wash for you, while you get the shower running. You can do that right?”

“Yeah mom. I’m not completely helpless, just blind mom.”

“Good, that’s what I want to hear.” My mom said, making me feel a little proud. Just a little. I would probably never admit it. “Now, be right back alright.”

After my mom had stood up I carefully made my way to the shower and turned it on. Luckily, feeling if it was the right temperature didn’t require sight. My mom came back moments later.

“I got you some of my body wash and the shampoo I have here is a shampoo plus conditioner combination. That should probably be easier for you. You’ll have to let this shampoo rest for a while after lathering up your hair before you rinse it out. I also brought you a little something to make it easier to clean yourself with the body wash.” My mom said. Sparing me from having to read any instructions. Instructions that I couldn’t read anyway and I was glad that mom told them without rubbing in that fact.

“Thanks mom.” I said, as pulled off my shirt and gave it to mom. I didn’t want to search for the laundry bin. After that I went into the shower and held out my hands for the shampoo and everything.

“Here, this is the shampoo plus conditioner.” Mom said, as she pressed a bottle in my left hand. I placed that one on the floor in the left back corner of the shower. I was by now standing under the showerhead myself.

“This is the body wash.” My mom said, as she pressed another bottle in my outstretched right hand. I placed the shower gel bottle on the floor in the back right corner of the shower.

“Here is a little shower ball.” My mom said, after which I reached out again and she placed that ‘little something’ she had mentioned earlier in my hand. It was a poofy ball of some kind. I’ll just call it a poofy. It feels like what a poofy should be to me. I managed to place the poofy on the shower valves. I didn’t want to put it down on the ground to then later wash myself with. That just seemed gross.

“I’ll be waiting for you in your room to help you with your hair. Seeing as you have pretty long hair now, I better show you how you should deal with that.” My mom said, after which I heard her close the shower curtain and leave the bathroom. After she was gone I realised that I had been naked in the bathroom with my mom and I hadn’t even cared. Oh well, if I didn’t care then, why should I do so now?

The shower itself was a different experience from what I was used to. I had already noticed that during my change, but now that I wasn’t feeling so sick it was much more intense in a way. The way the water moved over my smoother and more sensitive skin was quite, uh, sensual you could say actually. Then was the fact that my breasts were quite unusual and unfamiliar to me and they were much more noticeable now that there was water running down on and over them. It was all very interesting in a way. It was also a bit alien to me in many ways, but in many other ways it was still similar to when I was a guy.

I had to start washing though, as I could still almost feel the sweat and gunk on my skin. Another reason not to linger was that my mom was waiting for me in my room. I didn’t want to have her ask awkward questions about why I took so long. I decided to start with my hair, which had become soaked through by now. After finding the shampoo bottle, I squirted some on my hand. I hoped it was enough, given the longer hair I now had. I also hoped I wasn’t spilling any on the floor. It smelled like peaches actually. Quite nice to be honest, if a bit girlish. I guess I better get used to that though.

Once I had placed the shampoo bottle back on the floor, I started lathering up my hair. Something that proved to be a bigger challenge than it used to be, with my now much longer hair. I eventually managed to pile all my hair on top of my head. I seemed to have taken just enough shampoo to get it all lathered up too. Just lathering up took a bit more time than I was used to as a guy. Now I still had to wait, according to my mom, though. I guess the best thing I could do was to start with washing the rest of my body.

After finding the poofy and the shower gel, while making sure not to get my hair wet, I soaked the poofy in under the shower spray and put a bit of shower gel on it. I wasn’t entirely sure how much I was putting on it though, but I stopped once I could feel some of it drop on my hand that was holding the poofy. The shower wash that mom had given me also smelled faintly of peaches actually. I guess this shampoo and shower gel came in a set or something.

I started washing my body with the soaped up poofy once I had set the body wash bottle aside. I started at the top, I even scrubbed my face, and worked my way down. That made me very very aware of my new body. Especially as I sometimes rubbed over my skin with my hands instead of with the poofy. Luckily my nails didn’t seem to have grown more than they usually do in the past couple of days. It did make me aware of my now smoother, softer and more sensitive skin. I noticed that it was actually pretty nice to rub my breasts like that actually. Just a bit alien though, that’s why I didn’t really linger there for long. The same held true for my private area of course, that would remain uncharted territory for the time being.

I couldn’t actually see what I was doing, but doing this actually gave me a pretty good idea of what my body was like. From what I could tell, I had a very nice body for a girl. My breasts weren’t overly big actually, even though their weight seemed to tell me differently. I guess that’s mainly because I’m not used to having the extra weight hanging there. The rest of my body had the right curves in all the right places and a pretty flat tummy. As for muscles, I actually seemed to be built quite sturdy from what I could tell. I might actually have better muscle definition now than I had as a guy. My muscles were hidden beneath a small layer of fat though, something I didn’t have as a guy. It did make me a bit softer and squishier though. It just screamed girl to me in a way, especially with the smooth and hairless skin. I wasn’t actually completely hairless. I had a small patch of pubic hair right above my vagina. It was pretty small and short though.

Once I was done washing myself with the poofy, I put the poofy back on the shower valve and started on rinsing my hair out. My hair was certainly nice and soft now, after having washed it. I could also feel it reaching to somewhere in the middle of my back. To keep my mom from waiting I turned off the shower and carefully made my way out of the shower. Again I was confronted with my blindness and my slight change in size. The shower valve is in a slightly different place and the shower curtain seems to be a little further back for example.

Outside of the shower I went to search for a towel by touch. Luckily mom saved me from that hassle as she came into the bathroom right around that time and handed me one.

“Thanks mom.” I said, after which I started on drying my hair.

“No problem. You shouldn’t dry your hair like that though.” My mom said. “If you just try to rub your hair dry like you used to when you had short hair you’ll end up with loads of tangles and very messy hair.”

“Well, you can’t expect me to go around with wet hair.”

“Of course not. I was getting to that. Here, I’ll show you how I did it when I had long hair. I used to wrap my wet hair in a towel, after which I used another towel to dry myself off. Once I was dry, I dried my hair. Wrap that towel you have around yourself for now.” My mom said, as I heard her moving around a bit.

After she had said that I wrapped the towel I had around myself, even covering my chest with it. See, I’m not that ignorant of girl habits. My mom then helped me to wrap my hair in another towel, which apparently was what she had grabbed when I heard her move around. Doing so took a bit more work than I had imagined. She first made me lean forward and have my hair hang down over the top of my head. Then she started working out some of the tangles, although my hair didn’t have many, if any. Once she was satisfied, she put the towel over my head and then wrapped my hair in a towel, making a kind of turban out of it.

“Geez mom. This hair sure is a lot of work.” I said, after I had stood back up. Doing so also made me pretty aware that the wet hair and towel wrapped on top of my head had more weight than I had anticipated. I didn’t topple over though, I’m not that clumsy. “Can’t we just cut it short?”

“Oh god no. If it was up to me, you’ll at least try to live with long hair for a month or so. You have no idea how hard it can be to grow your hair out, it would be a shame to just cut it off now.”

“Yeah well, you don’t have to live with it.” I said, almost grumbling about it, even if my voice wouldn’t be able to really grumble. It’s too girly for that.

“You’ll learn to live with it then. We’ll have to go to the hairdresser anyway, to cut of your blonde ends.”

“Good, maybe I’ll just ask them to cut it short while you’re not paying attention.”

“Your master plan might work if you hadn’t told me beforehand.” My mom said, and from the way she said it I could tell was smiling. ‘Cruel mother’ I jokingly thought. “Anyway, maybe you should dry yourself off now. I guess you must be getting cold from just standing there while you’re wet.”

“Alright. To be honest though, I’m not actually cold. I do feel that it is a little fresh in here so to speak. Now that you mention it, I wasn’t really cold either when I was standing beside the shower spray to wash myself either. I guess I’m not really noticing the cold as much as I used to now?” I semi asked that last part.

“Hmm, we’ll probably get to know more once you’ve been tested at the MORFS center. I’ll be waiting in your room with some clothes for you, so I’ll see you there in a bit.” Mom said, after which she left the bathroom.

I didn’t take very long with drying myself, although I was struggling a bit with keeping my head straight. I was afraid of my turban falling off if I moved my head too much. The drying itself was also a little different with my more sensitive skin. I found that I still liked to rub myself dry though, even if my more sensitive skin made it feel a little more like I was rubbing myself with sandpaper. I still kind of liked it. I did have to be a little more gentle with my chest and I wasn’t yet comfortable enough with my new privates to roughly dry those either. The rubbing did still make me feel squeaky clean once I was done.

I carefully made my way back to my room, after having wrapped myself in the towel properly again. I had to, as mom would probably comment on it if I didn’t. Like she had when I was walking around naked while I was sick. Another bonus was that it cleared my hands up, that way I could use them to navigate around by touch a little easier.

On my way to my room I was again confronted with the fact that I was a little smaller, or more like the door knob seeming to be in a slightly higher place for example. The same held true for other distances of course. I also again noted that I somehow prefered to have the ceramic tiles under my feet compared to the soft carpet I had in my room. It seemed like I was rooted a little more firmly on my feet when standing on the tile floor of the bathroom and I felt slight sense of being unhinged upon entering my room. It was subtle, but ‘there’ enough to notice. I guess it was something to look into once we got to the MORFS testing center. God I still hope they can tell me I’m not permanently blind.

“Good. I’ve put some basic clothes I’ve bought for you yesterday on your bed for you.” My mom said when she had noticed that I was back in my room. “I’ve already started with sorting out your old clothes as I don’t think most of them will still fit you. When I bought those clothes for you yesterday I found out about this store chain that’s all about exchanging your old wardrobe for a new more fitting wardrobe through a credit point system. The Swap Shop it’s called. We’ll bring your old clothes over there once I’ve sorted them out.”

While mom talked I was searching for the clothes she had put on my bed for me with my hands. Things like that were so much easier when I could see. Sigh. “A little to the left.” My mom said to help my search. And yes, there they were. I was actually glad that mom left me to my own devices as much as possible though. Maybe I was just being a little stubborn, but I wanted to try and do as much on my own, despite my lack of sight. That did make it take some touching and groping before I had found the pair of underwear. Panties actually, from what I could tell.

It took some doing before I found out which side was the front and which was the back, but once I did I pulled off my towel and pulled on the panties. My smoother and now hairless legs sure made sliding them up a somewhat more sensual sensation. They way they fit snuggly in both the front and the back was also something I wasn’t used to. It was actually quite pleasant to be honest, the way they sort of stretched over and cupped my new sex. Very unusual to me though, as mere days ago I wasn’t so smooth in the front. The panties were also pretty soft too. That made it pretty hard to complain about them. I just hoped they weren’t pink.

“How did you know the correct size of these? Oh, and they aren’t pink, right?” I asked. Something that bothered me a little actually.

“Oh, they fit right? Good. That was actually more of an educated guess. And no, they’re simply white. Seemed the most sensible color.” My mom answered. “You probably shouldn’t be standing around with your breasts exposed like that honey.”

“Why not? It’s not like anyone else is here.” I said. ‘And what’s with the ‘honey’’? I wondered to myself, though I didn’t say it out loud.

“Well, uhm, actually that just mainly what my mom always taught me. To be honest, yeah there is no real need to care when in the privacy of your own room I guess.”

‘Ah, I knew my mom could be reasonable.’ I thought with a smile.

“You do know that you make a very beautiful girl right?”

“Uh, thanks I guess?” I wasn’t sure how I should take that compliment. Of course your mom is going to think you’re beautiful, she’s your mom, duh. “I did see a bit of myself during my change, but I haven’t seen myself since I woke up of course.” I said, stating the obvious.

“Oh yeah, we’ll just accept it from me that you make a beautiful girl. I know that plenty of girls will be envious of your body and your face if very pretty too.” My mom said. Again, giving me slightly conflicted feeling about hearing that. I guess I should just consider myself lucky for not being ugly.

“Now, better wrap yourself in your towel again lest you get cold, then I’ll help you with drying your hair. Just go and sit on your bed and I’ll come over with a hairdryer.”

So that’s what I did. It didn’t take mom long to come and sit beside me, with what I assumed to be a hairdryer, though I had no idea as I couldn’t actually see. My stomach chose that time to make itself known by rumbling. Loudly. I was incredibly hungry, now that I noticed, which is no wonder as I haven’t had any solid food in me since friday at supper. Even that food hadn’t stayed put for long either, as I had thrown it up almost right away.

“Maybe we can skip the drying part mom? I’m really really hungry right now. I feel like I could eat a cow.” I said, as I rubbed my now very empty feeling belly.

“Hmm, I guess we’ll see if we can hurry it up.” My mom said as she undid my turban and made my hair spill out all over my back. “Wow, that towel sure did wonders on your hair. Your hair is only a little damp now, except for your older blond ends.” She said as she ran her hands through my hair. “I guess we can skip the blow drying it then. I’ll put it in a ponytail to help you keep it out of your face once you’re dressed.”

Getting dressed was slightly more difficult than normal without my eyesight, as was to be expected. My mom had gotten me a pair of sweatpants, socks, something she called a camisole and a simple shirt. I had a little harder time with figuring out which side was front and back with it all of course. Mom did actually help me out with that a little. Not so much as to make myself feel helpless. I’d probably be able to pull them on without her help the next time though.

The clothes were all of roughly the right size. I guess she must have guessed right again, although there is more leeway with these kinds of clothes. A pair of sweatpants that are a little big isn’t a real problem for example. The materials of the clothes were pretty soft too. Again quite nice on my new skin.

One small detail that I had never really considered about long hair was how it could get a little in the way when pulling a piece of clothing over your head. You’d also have to pull your hair out of your collar afterwards as well. Luckily mom put my hair in a ponytail shortly after I had managed to get myself dressed. It was actually quite soothing to have someone work on your hair like that, the way she brushed it a little with her hands before pulling it up and through a scrunchie. I hadn’t noticed when or where she had grabbed that scrunchie from though.

Having a ponytail, or just long hair in general was still a pretty new sensation to me. I think it’ll take a little time before I’ll be used to the way my hair pulls at my scalp now, especially now that it’s pulled up in a ponytail. Another thing is the way the ponytail swished about every time I moved my head. Having this much hair is also slightly heavier than I had thought, but that may be exaggerated a little by the fact that my hair was still slightly damp.

“Now, as for shoes. I think some of your old shoes might still fit you.” My mom said.

“Can’t that wait for a little later? I’m pretty darn hungry mom.”

“I think it’s smart not to. I think you’re more prone to stub your toe now that you can’t really see where you’re going.”

“Gee, thanks for reminding me about another annoyance of being blind.”

“Now, don’t go being a sourpuss about it.” My mom mock scolded me.

“Hey, I have the rights to be sullen about my situation.” I said as I crossed my arms across my chest. Something that very much reminded me of the extra appendages I had hanging there, as if I wasn’t aware of them enough. As it was I could constantly feel the camisole rubbing over my nipples whenever I made a slight movement for example and then there was the weight. It wasn’t too annoying luckily. It did make me wonder a little how other girls lived with them without seeming to be more bothered by them than I had seen them be. “Anyway, haven’t we done away with most of my old shoes?”

“I believe you still have an old pair of tennis shoes in your closet.”

“Oh yeah, I believe I do. It’s odd that you know my own closet better than I do.”

“That’s because I was just working on emptying your closet remember. That said, you never really cared much for clothes anyway, so I had to do some of the caring for you. That’s why it’s no wonder I’m familiar with your closet.” My mom said with a hint of a smile in her voice. Meanwhile I heard her rummaging through my closet. It was moments later that she gave me my old tennis shoes.

Pulling them on luckily was little work, once I had figured out which was left and which was right. These were my previous pair of tennis shoes from what I could tell, although I had gotten replacement new ones around 5 months ago or something. They were slightly on the large side for my currently smaller feet, but not uncomfortably so.

“Good, shall we get you some breakfast then?” My mom asked now that I was done.

“Do you even have to ask?” I asked rhetorically, as my stomach rumbled on cue. Maybe I should try for ventriloquism? I wondered to myself.

“I guess not. Should I help you downstairs?”

“Can I try by myself mom? I’m still hoping for a return of my sight, but even then I don’t want to become some kind of invalid just because I’m currently blind. Going downstair by myself would feel like an accomplishment to me in a way.” I asked hopefully.

“Sure. I’ll be downstairs to prepare you some breakfast then.” Mom said, which made me feel really glad for her understanding. I was actually a little surprised with how well mom was taking it all.

Now that I think about it, she had been acting as if my change and resulting blindness were the most ordinary things in the world. Something I was very grateful for, now that I noticed. It made me thankful that she was my mom, and a little proud of her too. I wasn’t sure if I would handle things as well as she’s doing if I were in her shoes. I guess I should thank her for the way she is just accepting everything and for trusting me enough to try things on my own. It could have gone another way, where she would be holding my hand all the way down the staircase to make sure I didn’t fall down just because I was blind.

I carefully made my way downstairs as soon as mom had left my room. On my way to the kitchen I was again aware of the seemingly slight difference in proportions of the house. Everything seemed to be a little further away or higher than I was used to. The differences weren’t too big to be honest, but you become very aware of them when you have to navigate around using your hands instead of your eyes. It made guessing where everything was supposed to be a little harder than it had to. Luckily it didn’t make things so hard that I risked falling down the stairs, those were still a known quantity you could say.

Something that I hadn’t really noticed, or paid proper attention to, were the slight differences in the way this body moved. Maybe I only now really noticed, as the walk from my bedroom to the kitchen was the longest I have yet taken in this body. It was also pretty subtle in ways. It was the somewhat more and slightly different sway of my hips for example. Or the way my breasts seemed to jiggle slightly with each step, though my breasts were perky enough that I mainly noticed because the jiggling made it rub against the camisole I was wearing. The breasts, wider hips and generally different weight distribution gave me slightly different gait as a whole. I wasn’t walking in a full on walk to be sure in what way though, as I moved pretty carefully as to not stumble into anything, given that I was blind. Another difference was of course the ponytail, which swished about a little as I moved. Taken altogether, it made me feel a bit like a stranger in my own body and it made me feel somewhat clumsier. I guess both those feelings would change over time.

In the kitchen I was assaulted by the smell of bacon and eggs. I guess my mom wanted to spoil me a little to cheer me up. We usually didn’t really do elaborate breakfasts during the week. I was fine with that of course, I felt like I could eat a whole cow, but a pig in the form of bacon was pretty good right now too.

“Just go and sit at the table, I’ll set everything up for you.” My mom said. I didn’t really mind her serving me breakfast. I would probably be a lousy help in the kitchen anyway and this was probably quicker than that I attempted to help prepare breakfast for myself. “This is still going to take a couple of minutes though.”

“Could I have some cereal first then, mom?” I asked as I took a seat at the table. Sitting in this body was also slightly different. Only slightly though. It seemed like my rear and thighs were a little wider and more padded, which made sitting on the hard chair surface a little more comfortable than it was when I was a scrawny guy.

“You sure you could eat that much?”

“I think I am mom. I’m extremely hungry. I haven’t had any proper food in me since friday remember.”

“Alright then, give me a moment. You want your usual?” She asked.

“Yeah sure.”

It wasn’t much later and I was enjoying my cornflakes. Yeah, pretty dull, but my ‘usual’ was just a bowl of cornflakes with milk. I like them though. Especially when they are right in between being soggy and crispy. I think I liked them a little better now too, though that could be because I was really hungry. Eating them was a little harder now of course. It seemed that most ordinary things were a little harder without my eyesight. I had to hold the bowl with my left hand to know where it was while I spooned it up with my right. I was extra careful as well, as I didn’t want to spill the milk all over me. Another thing was that I couldn’t really see where the cornflakes were in the bowl. Luckily I could still sort of feel them with my spoon. My mom was ready with the eggs, bacon and toast before I was finished with my cereal. It wasn’t much later and I was drinking the last bits of cereal and milk directly out of the bowl though.

“Could I have some ketchup with it?” I asked, once mom had put away my bowl and replaced them with a new plate. Presumably a plate with scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.

“I already put some on your plate.” My mom said.

“Oh, thanks mom.” I said. ‘I guess I didn’t see.’ I thought sarcastically to myself.

“I’ve also placed a glass of orange juice next to your plate for you and of course some cutlery for you to use. Of course, now that I think of it, I think you’ll have an easier time if you ate with your hands.”

“I can eat with my hands now?” I asked.

“Yeah sure.”

“Sa-weet!”

“Now, don’t be getting too enthusiastic about it. I would like it if you could learn to eat properly with your knife and fork again.”

“Oh. Well, I’m still crossing my fingers for a regain of eyesight mom.”

“I know sweetie, just don’t get your hopes up too much. I don’t want you to end up too disappointed.”

“I know mom. You’ve already said that before.” I said. I didn’t talk much more after that, as I started on my bacon, eggs and toast.

Fortunately my food had cooled off a little by then it seemed, as I didn’t seem to be burning my fingers. It was pretty messy to eat like this though. Especially as I stuck my fingers right in the ketchup the first time I tried to ‘see’ where everything was. I found that I actually quite enjoyed eating with my hands. I secretly hoped that I would be allowed to do it more often, even if it was a little childish in a way.

“Now, I’ve already called the MORFS testing center for an appointment. They said they had a spot free for you in little under 2 hours from now.” My mom said, while I was eating. Or messing with food more like it. Don’t worry, it eventually found it’s way into my mouth.

“Oh, that’s good to know.” I said, without food in my mouth mind you. I had to hold up at least some table etiquettes to seem more my age, despite my horrible eating manners right now. “What time is it actually?”

“It’s around 9:35. Before we go there I thought we’d stop by my hairdresser. I’ve already called them and they said they should be able to do your hair when we get there.”

“Oh good.” I said, between mouthfuls of food. “Could I also get a glass of milk mom? I have a sudden craving for milk I guess.”

“Oh sure.” She said, as I heard her get up from her seat at the table. It wasn’t much later and I heard her set a glass down on the table close to my plate.

“Before we go, we have some things to take care of though.”

“Oh, such as?” I asked, before I took a gulp of milk, which tasted pretty good. Better than I thought it would. I guess my tastes had changed slightly. Something I could concern myself with later. For now I luckily haven’t noticed anything that tastes worse than it used to.

“Well, your clothes for one and your name.” My mom said, as I downed my entire glass of milk. Damn that tasted good.

“My name?” I almost sputtered. “What’s wrong with my name?”

“Nothing is actually wrong with your name. In fact, Aiden can be used as a girl’s name.” Mom said. “It’s just uh. Well, your dad and I talked about it yesterday evening and we would like it if you used the name we would have given you if you had been a girl at birth.”

“Hmm, ok.” I said, not feeling too sure about it. I kind of liked my name. “What would you have called me as a girl? Another thing, wouldn’t you have known whether I was a boy or girl before my birth?”

“For you latter question, no. We didn’t want to know anything about you, only that you were healthy, before your birth. I guess you could say your dad and I were kind of old fashioned or romantics about that. We didn’t know it about Seth either.”

“Oh. I thought pretty much everyone wanted to know something like that.”

“Well, we didn’t.”

“Now, what would my name have been, if I had been born as a girl?” I asked, again.

“Aileen.” My mom said and I could faintly hear a smile in her voice. I guess she liked that name.

“Aileen...” I said, just to try the name, as it were. It was a little hard to imagine myself being called that. It seemed so overly girly in my mind. Mom seemed to really like it though, which was making me feel a little guilty for not being as enthusiastic about it.

“Another good reason for a different name would be as a sort of fresh start.” My mom said, interrupting my thoughts.

I couldn’t really fault her logic there. Another thing was that she really seemed to like that name and in a way I wanted to do something for her as a thank you for being such a great mom. I only now started to realise how great she was, with the way she was handling my change, but still. It was almost like guilt tripping myself into accepting the name, but as I thought more about it I realised that I actually didn’t really mind being called Aileen.

“Aileen huh.” I said, sounding a little more sure of myself. “I uh, I guess I’ll take it mom.”

“Great and thanks.” My mom said, as she came around the table to give me a hug. A hug which I returned. She actually seemed pretty relieved that I had accepted the name. I guess she hadn’t been so sure of my acceptance and would have been willing to consider my opinion in this. That made me feel a little better about my choice actually. It also made me really appreciate my mom.

“I should be thanking you mom.” I said, getting a little emotional about it and still hugging her. I had to be careful not to get her clothes dirty with my messy hands though.

“What for?”

“For being such an awesome mom.” I said, with teary eyes. I just hoped they wouldn’t be spilling over. “For just accepting this change and the way you’re dealing with it. You’re almost acting like my change and resulting blindness is the most normal thing in the world and for not suddenly treating me like I’m an invalid now. Things like trusting me enough to be able to make my way downstair to the kitchen on my own.” I said with a sniff, but I had managed to prevent my tears from spilling over.

“Oh, sweetie. Thanks you.” Mom said, but I could hear in her voice that she got a little emotional about it as well. It was weird, because mom and I have never really had any emotional moments like this before. I wasn’t sure if it was because I was a girl though, I think if I was still a boy, just a blind boy instead, things wouldn’t have been much different. At least, that’s what I thought.

“Now, eat up.” Mom said as she released my from the hug.

“Oh, what about my middle name mom? I don’t think Ralph is a very good middle name for a girl.” I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes with the back of my wrists, being careful not to get ketchup and grease in my face.

“What about Eleanor?” Mom asked.

“Hmm, I kind of like it actually. It’s not like it’s going to be used much anyway.”

“Good, that actually used to be my grandmother’s name on my mom’s side, but we would have probably given you that middle name just because we think it’s a beautiful name.” Mom said. “Then I guess from now on you’ll go through life as Aileen Eleanor Sampsa, instead of Aiden Ralph Sampsa.”

“Alright, Aileen Eleanor Sampsa it is.” I said. By then I was pretty much finished with my food and I had already drank my glass of orange juice as well. I wasn’t sure where I was putting it all. I was smaller now than I used to be, but I sure was eating quite a bit still. That’s probably just a one off thing. “I think I should wash my hands now.” I said, as I held up my dirty hands.

Note to self, try to keep at least one hand clean if you have to navigate somewhat unfamiliar territory. I managed to get from the dinner table to the countertop just fine and I even was in the general vicinity of the sink too. It just was impossible to know exactly where the tap was without greasing everything up. Luckily my mom helped me out there by turning it on for me. I didn’t even have to ask. Once it was running it was easy enough for me to find, though I did have to take into account again that the tap itself and everything was a little higher than I was used to. Or actually, I was a little smaller. I did manage to find the towel to dry my hands on my first try actually.

“Now Aileen,” Mom said, obviously wanting to use my good name just because she could. “I think you should brush your teeth and freshen up. While you do that I’ll try to gather all your old clothes to take with us to the Swap Shop. We don’t have too much time though, if we want to go to the hairdresser before we go to the MORFS testing center.” My mom said.

“Alright. Sounds good to me. Why the hurry with the clothes though? Can’t that wait until later?”

“We could do that tomorrow, but the Swap Shop is close to the MORFS testing center anyway. I thought we could go there after we were done there. I don’t believe the local mall has a Swap Shop in any case.” Mom said, after which we made our way upstairs. Luckily mom went first so I wasn’t holding her up with my somewhat more sedate pace.

“Another thing, are there any clothes that you would really like to keep?” My asked my when I got into my room.

“Uh, I don’t know really. Nothing I have will probably fit. I might like to keep a couple of my old shirts to keep as sleepwear though. It wouldn’t matter much which shirts though, as long as they’re comfortable. If I’m still not able to see by the end of the week I’ll probably never really be able to see what I’m wearing anyway.” I said, feeling a bit sullen about it.

“Alright. I can do that.”

“On the topic of keeping clothes. Why do we have to do away with most of them anyway? Couldn’t Seth eventually use them?”

“Oh, we’ll be buying new clothes for Seth by the time he’s old enough to wear these. Going to high school in 5 year old clothes doesn’t improve your standing among the other students, as you probably know. Another thing is that we’d probably forget we even had some old clothes for him in storage somewhere, by the time Seth had grown enough to wear them.”

“Makes sense I guess. It just seems like so much to do away with. Makes me a little sad actually, even though I know it’s just stuff. It was still my stuff in a way. We’re talking about all my shoes, jackets and clothes here mom.”

“I know honey.” Mom said, again with the honey. She seems to have switched to a lot more feminine forms of address to me all too quickly it seems in my mind. “Now, start brushing your teeth, we don’t have too much time. I’ll give you one of my deodorants in a minute. You don’t want to go about smelling like guy deodorant as a girl. People might make all sorts of assumptions.” I definitely didn’t want to think about that last part. That was just, EW!!

I did as told by mom and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, though I was confronted with extra difficulties because of my blindness almost every step of the way again. Fortunately it is pretty hard to mix up the tube of toothpaste with the tube of hair gel, but it was still hard to know if I put enough, or even any at all, toothpaste on my toothbrush. Just doing the simple act of putting toothpaste on a brush was so much more difficult now. Grrrr.

Brushing my teeth was much the same as it used to be. Or at least, anyone could brush their teeth with their eyes closed is what I mean. My body was different again of course. Given that I wasn’t using an electric brush, but a good old fashioned ordinary toothbrush, even if the packaging might try to tell me differently, I had to move my head and arms quite vigorously. That made my ponytail swish about and I could feel my breasts jiggling on my chest. I guess I shouldn’t do that as vigorously as I used to do. Once I was done, I went back to my bedroom. There wasn’t anything else I could do there anyway.

“Oh good, you’re done. I put a bottle of deodorant on your bed, close to the corner closest to you.” My mom said.

“Thanks, I guess.” I said, as I reached and felt around for it. It turned out to be one of those bottles with a roller ball on top. I was used to using a spray on can, but this wasn’t very hard to use. I still had to struggle with getting my arm with the roll-on bottle under my clothes, while making sure not to roll deodorant all over the inside of my clothes. I managed to do so, luckily, but it also again made me very aware of my breasts as I squished them a bit during the process by pulling the camisole and t-shirt tight across them.

“I’m actually pretty much done with sorting out your clothes and everything here. Now it’s just a matter of putting them in bags and then we’re good to go.” Mom said by the time I was done with my struggle with the roll-on deodorant.

“That’s pretty fast.” I said. “It seems so sudden to me to do away with it all so quickly. It feels like I just woke up in this body moments ago and already I’m doing away with my old clothes.”

“Oh, Aide-, er I mean Aileen.” Mom said, almost calling me by my old name again. “I can understand that. If you want we could do away with your old clothes tomorrow or so.”

“I, well, I don’t think it’ll matter much when we do away with them. It’s not like I’m going to wear them anymore. It just feels so sudden and quick.” I said, after which I got a hug from mom. I guess I must have looked more sullen about it than I thought. “Thanks mom. I think we’ll just do away with them today then.” I said.

“Alright. Give me a moment as I go and grab some bags to put them in, then you can help me with putting them in the bags.” Mom said as she walked out of my room.

I started looking for my eCom while mom was gone. I had just gotten it for my fifteenth birthday, a little over 2 weeks ago actually and I wasn’t really used to having one yet. That did of course bring up the problem that I couldn’t really navigate it while blind. Or at least, I had never tried. Nowadays you could make pretty much anything work with just voice commands though. I guess I should try that.

For now though I just needed a way to take it with me, as it seemed my sweatpants didn’t have pockets. I don’t know who came up with the idea to make sweatpants without pockets. If I ever found out who it was than I’d like to give him or her a solid whack on the head or something. For now, I’ll just have to ask my mom if she could carry it around for me. Fortunately, mom chose that moment to walk back into my room while carrying a couple of empty bags. Or at least, it sounded like that.

“Mom, could I put my eCom in your purse when we leave?” I asked. “These pants don’t have any pockets it seems.”

“Oh sure. Now could you hold open one of these bags for me, while I stuff them with your old clothes.”

“Okay.”

I did manage to help somewhat, but it was all a little harder doing so when you’re blind. I was just glad she even asked for my help. Even if it was something fairly basic, it still made me feel like I wasn’t some invalid or something.

It didn’t take us long to get everything bagged up. After that, we had to carry those bags downstairs, where I again helped mom by carrying a bag of my own. I could only carry one, as I needed at least one free hand to navigate around, but it was nice to be able to help. Once we had everything downstair, and after putting the last of my jackets and shoes in bags, it was time to get everything in the car to be able to leave.

“Mom, I’ll be going to the bathroom now, before we go.” I said.

“Sure. I’ll put everything in the car in the meantime.”

Finding the bathroom downstair wasn’t too hard, fortunately. Using it wasn’t either of course. It was another confrontation with my changes though. It was still very much a new experience to me, to pee as a girl. I didn’t mind it actually. It was interesting to be honest and not nearly as depressing as being blind. Besides, I had never really cared much for peeing while standing up anyway. Wiping once I was done was also still an interesting experience, to feel the way the toilet paper grazed over, and a little inside, my vagina lips was peculiar, you could say. I wiped from the front to back of course, doing the other way around just seemed nasty, even if it might be easier.

By the time I was back at the front door, mom was waiting for me. Or at least I think she was. I couldn’t tell for sure.

“Oh, now I’m almost forgetting my eCom.” I said. “Could please you get it for me, mom? It should be on my bed.”

“Sure sweetie.”

It didn’t take her long to find it and come back, which I appreciated. I wasn’t really in the mood for idle moments. They made me think of my MORFS changes and then mainly my blindness. All the negative things I came up with made me hope more and more that they could tell me what was wrong at the MORFS testing center. One of those rather negative thoughts was that I didn’t really want to go to the car by myself. It seemed like such a long distance, from the front door to the car and I didn’t really know that distance and everything in between that well. Not like the way I knew how to get around the house.

“Uh mom. Could you help me to the car?” I asked a little embarrassed, or maybe a little disconcerted. For some reason that walk seemed so scary when you’re blind.

“Sure.” Mom said as she gave me a hug. I actually needed that. It made the scariness go away a little. What helped most was that mom held my hand as she guided me to the car, after she had locked the front door. Once there I managed to get in by myself, a car was more familiar territory you could say. It wasn’t much later and we were on our way to the hairdresser.

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

She's pretty upbeat

considering she's newly blind! Uplifting - **Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Coming Along Nicely

littlerocksilver's picture

I think mom's a bit nonchalant about the blindness, unless she knows something we don't. I'm PMing about something else.

Portia

Great story. I can see how

Great story. I can see how this is really scary to her. And she's still in denial about her blindness. She still sees it as something temporary. I guess it'll be very different if the blindness is going to stick.

Anyway, I kind of hope she does have morps superpowers or her blindness is due to some extra lids or something.

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

good so far .....

Be nice to get to the interesting bits! ie powers, blindness - reason for.
As for the MUM. Not sure I would be very happy!!! I would probably ask if more changes occur or powers reveal the need for different cloths, hair do etc, she will just buy more! Why the rush?? Just some Women eh... Want to get it sorted yesterday!

More please!!!!

cheers,
John

Blindness and adjustment

I have never thought how different and how difficult it must be to handle life for the newly blind, even the simplest action must need a considerable Adjustment and to change your gender at the same time would be near impossible without the support of your nearest and dearest. The story is excellently written and it calls out no screams out for a continuation.