Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 42

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad.
part 42

Simon paid the bill and escorted me back to his Volvo, it was much cooler and I shivered a little. I didn't really have a suitable coat or wrap to go with the dress, so I had to put up with it.

"You're shivering," observed Simon.

"It's cooler than I expected," I said feeling rather stupid.

"Come on let's get you home and into the warm again," he unlocked the car with the remote and I got in. "It takes a few minutes for the heater to work, works off the engine heat, radiator that sort of thing."

I knew perfectly well how most car heaters worked, but I kept quiet, he was after all talking to a dumb girl as far as he was concerned. A couple of minutes later I felt my seat getting warm, it felt nice. I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Seat warmers, remember it's a Scandinavian designed car, they're a bit quicker than the heater. Is that okay?"

"Lovely thanks," I replied as my nether regions began to defrost.

"I've got a blanket in the back somewhere if you want it?"

"No, I'm fine honestly Simon." In my twisted little mind, blankets equated with beds and I didn't want to go there. I mean, blankets and bikes? Remember I don't own a car.

I held on to my rose, it would be a keepsake for a few days. The heater started blasting out warm air and I relaxed in my seat. It hadn't been as disastrous as I had feared, in fact some of it had been fun.

I wished I'd asked for a doggy bag, my leftovers would have warmed up nicely in the microwave tomorrow. My parents always insisted I clear my plate before leaving the table, and I always had to ask to leave. I got around it by asking Mum to give me smaller portions. She thought I was mad, but agreed. She thought boys were always hungry, I was but not on the scale she imagined. My father had a big appetite, so not following his example felt good. However, not eating everything made me feel naughty.

I was running these thoughts through my head when Simon spoke and almost made me jump, "I've quite enjoyed myself tonight, we should do this again."

I was miles away, and answered without processing what he said until after my mouth had betrayed me. "Yes okay," I said not thinking about what he'd actually said.

"Next week then? I think they have some sort of barn dance over Havant way, how'd you fancy that?"

"A barn dance?" I squeaked as if he had just suggested alligator wrestling.

"Yes, a barn dance, you know square dancing and stuff to country or folky type music."

"I've never been to one," I gasped.

"Well now's your chance. I'll firm up on the details and get back to you. Stella has your number I think?"

I nodded in a sort of daze. A barn dance! My God, what do I wear and more importantly what do I do? I hadn't been to any sort of dance since highschool and I didn't get to dance with anyone then. To me dances were just bad memories of being a wallflower and a male wallflower has no future whatsoever.

"They're good fun, they have a caller who tells you what to do in the dances, you'll enjoy it."

I was still reeling and feeling very negative. My confidence had received a small boost but he had overwhelmed it. "I don't know Simon, I'm not into dancing." Which was true, as a dancer, I made an excellent cyclist.

"Give Stella a tinkle, she'll talk you through it."

"But I haven't got anything to wear to a dance."

"Talk to Stella, she's got a credit card of mine, go and buy something at the weekend."

The weekend was tomorrow! I shivered again, but not with the cold. "I can't do that Simon," I complained indignantly.

"Which, calling Stella or going shopping?"

"Both, either, oh I don't know."

Next thing I know he's on his mobile as we pull up outside my room, "Stella, I'm with Cathy I want to take her to the barn dance next week and she's worried she hasn't got anything to wear, can you take her shopping tomorrow? Yes alright, usual terms you parasite! Great, I'll tell her. Fine, see you later."

He switched off his hands-free in-car phone, bloody show-off and turned to face me. "Stella will be collecting you about nine tomorrow, feel free to buy everything you need for the dance."

"I'm not going," I said.

"Yes you are, you'll enjoy it."

"Simon, it's kind of you to ask and even kinder to offer to buy me an outfit, but I can't accept it and I won't go to the dance with you, I don't want to."

"So that's it then?" he said.

"I'm afraid so," I said with a tinge of regret. "Thank you for a pleasant evening."

"Don't I at least get a goodbye kiss?" he said looking at me with spaniel eyes.

I humphed, then relented, "Okay," I leant forward to peck his cheek and he turned full face and kissed me on the lips, his arm coming around behind me.

I had closed my eyes, I don't know why, so it completely surprised me. I went to pull away but the shock caused me to freeze, well that's what I think happened. Then he kissed me again and I remained frozen except for my treacherous mouth, which pursed its lips and let him kiss me for a third time.

"Goodnight Cathy," he said quietly from somewhere far away.

"What, oh, yeah good erm night Simon."

I got out of his car clutching my bag and my rose, my legs were trembling and I felt completely disoriented. He tooted and drove off.

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

...as a dancer, i made an excellent cyclist

probably should have been the other way round, but who am I to complain? ;) Cycling is far more easier then dancing, isn't it? Anyway, Cathy seems to be a loose group of independently working mouth, brain and and other important human parts. Especially her mouth doesn't seem to be under her control anymore.

So after telling us the answer now, I hope Angharad now continiues with the question, about life, the universe and everything.

Good night.

Sincerely yours...

Saphira
--
>> There is not one truth only out there. <<

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

What to do?

Dear Angharad,
I am not sure what you are doing. I suppose that 42 stories in whatever time frame...well your fingers are dancing. The problem is that you are wading over people who have actually thought about their posting. OMG, what was I thinking... Erin, please forgive me?

Gwen Lavyril

Gwen Lavyril

Later today

I will soon have posted 68 episodes of Blue Moon, concluding the story I started on May 31 at about 75,000 words. I did the nearly daily posts on Stardust rather than BC, doing weekly posts here.

I didn't post the dailies here at Erin's suggestion as a way of providing more content for Stardust and because she was still doing her daily serial on BC.

Daily serials are not for everyone.Illustrated crossdressing stories are not for everyone.I've even foun out that thoughtful stories of people overcoming tragedy are not for everyone.

So what?

Someone else complained recently of old stories being reposted and pushing newer stuff off the front page.

The argument of space coud be applied to any story by the fans of any other story. It's bogus as long as Erin (or Bob) isn't the one removing things.

Does it annoy me when one of my stories gets pushed down by another post made moments later. Yes, of course it does. But I take comfort from a famous philosopher who said, "Doh!" ::grin::

-- Donna Lamb, Flack

-- Donna Lamb, ex-Flack

Some of my books and stories are sold through DopplerPress to help support BigCloset. -- Donna

Good story

I'm quite enjoying it. However, one of my ulterior motives in commenting is to point out the weight of chapters 41 and 42 have got to be fixed -- it's serializing 42 between 40 and 41

I've been a cycling enthusiast since I was about 8, and even competed in a few events... Part of why Maddie Bell's "Drew/Gaby" story tickles me so

This story has become one of the ones I check for nightly, though my one complaint is how light it is on cycling content for a cycling story :P

Edeyn

The Meaning of Life

42, isn't it?

Oh, what was the question again?

Easy As Falling Off A Bike 42

Hi Angharad,

Another nice one. I suppose we will have to wait until chapter 110 before Simon gets to know 'the secret'.

I don't care, it's nice to be along for the ride.

Hugs
Sue

Really enjoying this now.

Really enjoying this now. It's a bit like a drug; one keeps coming back for another fix. One minor nitpick though: in the car, when Simon hangs up after ringing Stella he turns to Cathy and says, "Cathy will be collecting you about nine tomorrow...etc" Cathy???

Your attention to detail is pretty good.

Some storys become boring when to much detail is in them yours isn't one of those storys.It is more of a daily morsel of creme broulle or chocolate mouse fattening but a treat none the less.To err is human and the small one when Simon called Stella then told Cathy that Cathy would pick her up is minor.I wouldn't worry to much about one or 2 whiners thinking their work is being bumped let them read the voting numbers yours is a popular story and one I look forward to reading on a near daily basis, daily if I have the time.Keep up the good work and thank you Erin for allowing this to be a daily and for the great site.

Barn dance?

I wonder how a English barn dance compares to a Scottish contry dance or an American barn dance? Of course American barn dances vary a lot from community to community: They may be oriented to squares, New England Contras, Polkas or even (shudder) modern country line dances. . .

Good tale!

Deep

They are getting in deep. I see a bumpy ride ahead.

7 year'sworth of catching up

So this was first posted in 2007? I have another 7 years worth of this story to catch up on. Excellent!

This is ep42 and Cathy's new life is only 2 days old. I'm so looking forward to the rest of the story. :-)

... I wonder if it will hurt to cycle with Percy tucked under? :-S

I feel inadequate, most who

I feel inadequate, most who comment are writers with imagination, I on the other hand am a skilled reader with out the ability to put to paper, thoughts in a coherent, entertaining manner.

Owh Angharad

This part is so romantic. heheehe thinking about the 2 thousand plus parts to go, hmm I am wondering how many romantic parts you have already installed. Thanks for this wonderful story.