Belle of the ball 26

Printer-friendly version

"I can't believe I'm doing this...again!" I sighed.

"You've gone dress shopping before?" asked Sammie with a tilt and puzzled look on her face. Come to think of it mom does the same thing.

"No! Last time it was bra shopping and I ended up in a skirt and flats." I looked down at the floor of the car as I said that.

"I'm sure you looked so pretty Belle!" Sam teased as she sat beside me in the back seat. Dad had elected to not come. I wanted to stay with him but..

"Mom why do I have to wear this junk? For that matter why am I even coming? You have my sizes you said just run in get a stupid black dress run out."

It started yesterday when a telegram, yes you can still get those, guy rang the doorbell. Turns out he was from the family of the Peters. I still remember that guy as I stood there with my mouth open.

"Is this the house of one Ms. Belle Thorne?" he asked me as I stood there. Since the only two people in the house dressed decently were Sam and myself. Mom had on her robe and dad was still wearing his sweatpants that he wears to bed.

"I..I..I...I.. yeah sorta maybe."smooth words I know. I should have slammed the door in his face.

"Belle who is it?" Mom called totally ruining it for me. The guy who never gave me his name put a small whistle into his mouth then did that me me me thing. He didn't sing but he had a great voice.

"Ms Thorne and family are hereby invited to attend the wake of Ms. Bethany Peters on the morrow at Kalstien's funeral chapel at 2 pm. Semi formal attire would be appreciated." with that said he gave me a salute before giving me the card with that exact thing written on it. I stood there in a daze as he walked to what looks mostly like a postmans truck and drove away. I finally got my head together and shut the door before bringing the card to the table. On the back was listed our family's names except mine was Belle instead of Bill.

Immediately mom and Sam started to discuss what they would wear while dad pour himself a cup of coffee with a little extra courtesy of the locked china cabinet. I don't know what the bottle was but it did say cream. I just sat there looking blankly between the paper where a very girly me was in the news and the invitation. Dad interrupted mom at one point about what I would wear when it suddenly got quiet.

"Uhm Bill dear what do you want to wear?" Id rather not go period but I guess that isn't really an option. I looked at the paper then down at my chest where even under the loose sweater you could tell I had small boobs. Not a manly chest at all. I looked up again and held up the paper with my picture.

"Do I really have a choice?" Sam looked guilty. Dad winced. Mom opened and closed her mouth a few times before she decided on an answer.

"Soo...we need to do some quick shopping. Dan check the car while I help get the girls ready."

"Mom! Son remember!"I whined.

"Are you sure?" She asked me with the look. Yeah that look that makes you feel about the size of a bug with something all over you. Point taken.

"Fine but don't make me look stupid."

"Fat chance of that lil sister. We will have so much fun you'll see!" Sam gushed while pulling on my arm. Meaning take me upstairs to my room. I couldn't wait till she could use crutches.

"Belle.. pssst Belle knees.. Belle!" my reverie was broken by Sam who was hissing at me. I looked down at my nylon encased knees to see them apart in my normal relaxed position. Ie a foot apart. I shifted and put my knees together. The loose denim skirt wasn't bad nor was my makeup, I never thought I would say that and mean it was makeup of my own not .. forget that. Where was I oh yes, it wasn't the skirt or my flats that bothered me. It was the stupid top with the wide neck that exposed one bra strap letting everyone know I was wearing a black one. How embarrassing. Mom and Sam had conned me into it. They said it would be easier to take on and off between stores as we shopped since I was looking for a dress. Gods how many boys have to go shopping for a dress for a funeral? Really I want to know! Wonder if there is a internet sight that keeps count?

I guess I'd been lost in thought longer than I guessed at first because we were pulling into the huge parking lot of the mall. I thought briefly of trying to hide in the backseat before anyone saw me then thought about the stupid tv thing, everyone had already seen me as Belle in one form or another so there was no point. Did I have a scowl on my face? You bet! Mom pulled the car into place after driving around the lot a few times to find the closest parking space to the doors available. I never understood why women do this everytime. Just park in the first spot you see that's open and get out. By the time you find a spot you could have walked into the bloody mall already.

No sooner had she parked that I got out. No I did not swing my legs first like a lady I was far to upset for that. I stood at the back of the car to get Sam's wheelchair out of the trunk waiting for mom to pop it. She did finally and I reached in to grab it overbalancing myself in the process and almost falling into the trunk when I fell someone steady my hips from behind. I looked over my should to thank the person when I saw who it was.

"What the fuck do you want? And why are you not at school?" it was Jason.

"Fii haff a fenfal affoinffenf." he replied with this lopsided grin on his face.

"A what?" blink blink go ahead and tell me if you understood that. I sure as heck didn't. I could see him strain his face a little.

"I fad a fental apfointment at the fentist. Fozen fip." Ohhhh. Yeah the frozen lip makes it hard to speak.

"Fet me gef fat." Translation Let me get that.

" I don't need your help thanks." Thus saying I reached in again, somewhat better and lifted the chair to the edge of the trunk for a better grip when Jason just pulled it out of my hands and opened in up.

"Four fairyot afate mifady!" He gestured with a flourish and a bow. I slammed the trunk closed and wheeled it to the side of the car where mom was already getting Sammi out.

"Thanks but its for Samantha now piss off." the nerve of that guy! I mean really he just pisses me off so much!

"Young lady no language like that! Say your sorry to the nice gentleman!" mom was mad. In more ways than one.

"But mom...."

"No! Apologize right now!" I looked down at the ground and turned around to see that the asses shoes were of course right behind me.

"Sorry about the you know. And uh thanks for getting Sam's chair out."

"Fo foblem"and he is still going with the half frozen mouth grin from ear to ear. It was then I realized that I probably looked way to Belle for him. The realization also sent me hiding behind mom before I knew I did it. Why was I hiding from him to begin with? I'm a guy! I shook my head and helped a very amused Sammi to get set in her wheelchair.

"Not a word! Not one word Sam I mean it!" I growled under my breath at Sam.

"But you look so cute as a .."

"Shut it! Not one word you can keep him! Actually..." lets try this Belle thing on the poor smuck. So with a coy look and a bit of body movement ,courtesy of watching Sam do so with dad a few times, I gave him a pouty look.

"Jason would you be a dear and push Sam around for us while we shop please." I laid on the drippy girly gushie voice while I did it. Mom and Sam both snickered with barely kept giggles as I did it. Well it worked I think he stood there with his mouth open and his eyes wide before he nodded his head. Somehow I think this may come back to haunt me but what the hell these darn flats will kill my ankles if I have to push Sammi around all afternoon. Why do I feel so guilty then as he takes the handles of Sam's chair and pushes a giggling Sam all the way into the mall.

"So what store we going too? Lets get this farce over and done with." I snarl to mom. She smiles back at me with this smile that is just weird.

"We will start at the first and go along till we find the right one of course."she smiles at me.

"But I only need one simple dress for one time funeral after that Belle is gone mom."

"Silly girl! You have a lot to learn young padawan." with that she takes off leaving me standing there with my mouth open.

"I'm not a girl!" I yell after mom before I move after her swing my hips back and forth with a straight back as I follow her into what I just know will be hell.

--SEPARATOR--

Lil Jaci pushes herself back from the barbie laptop giggling to herself.

"Oh this is gonna be sooo good!"

"What's gonna be good Jaci?" Dottie asks as she walks into her room barbie case in hand.

"Just a story I'm working on. Oh shall I get my barbie out too?"

"Please Jaci I.. I .. let's play please?" Dottie says with tears at the edges of her eyes. Jacilynn gets up after posting her story quickly and goes to her sister and gives her a hug.

"Sure lets go play in the living room. I get to be the princess this time though and you the maid!"

"Uhh uhha I'm the princess!" Dottie says to Jaci as she grabs her doll case from beside the vanity and goes to the door. She doesn't say anything as she steps out of the door. Leaving Dottie standing there for a sec before she moves after her.

"Jaci I wanna be the princess!" She says again.

"Naaa naaah I'm prettier so I get to be the princess!"

"Tante! Jaci is not playing nice!"Dottie yells.

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So now it's LBD time for Belle?

Grrrr, but I'm a boy mom remember! (LOL) Yes yes, Bill's stuck yet again! Jaci, play nice with your sister! Tante yells from the kitchen. But but I want to be princess this time, Dottie always gets to be the Princess, little Jaci says back. (Hugs) Taarpa

Belle of the ball 26

BILL'S mother just proved by her words and actions that she WANTS Belle instead of Bill! She should NOT have knowing how Bill feels about Jason!!!! Hopefully, when they get home, he will tell his dad who will set her straight about it after their talk about their son.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh no, the auto sequencing is lexical

It looks like the DB query is lexical when listing the story sequence. I really do need to learn Drupal modules better.
Cassie Ellen

"You have a lot to learn young padawan."

giggle. Poor Belle. And she's already got one guy wrapped around her finger, too ....

And Jaci should play nice with little Dottie!

DogSig.png

Error in story OR is Jason a stalker?

The denitist bit I can believe but WHY was he in exactly THAT part of the parking lot at that moment?

Oh is it Bill/Belle's horrid luck and the dentist office is IN the mall and they were near were Jason was parked or had to pick up a bus?

Wierd.

I am alternately happy how his sister treats him and then infuriated.

Siblings DO tease each other. I was a bit hard on my sister when we were young but we are great friends now. But even in our fifties we DO tease on occasion.

IF Bill proves to be biologcally Belle or at least more Belle than Bill her teasing is loving. If not, if he is all Bill but with a few minor problems she is being needlessly cruel.

Mom I have little respect for. Dad mostly hides.

What was with the telegram?

Oddly this is pretty real world in a Married With Children meeta Leave it to Beaver on an acid trip kind of way.

tels what ARE you up to? That Kool-aid you gave us tasted kinda fuuny.

-- snicker --

OOooooh. Look at the colors! Um, why do my clothes feel so loose and the room seems like waay bigger ?... WHAT I have BREASTS?! Where the heck is ny wiennie? ... But who wants a yucky boy thing. This is much better.

-- giggle -

... My tummy funny funny...Mommy I need to go on the big girl potty ... NOW!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Oh oh, John in Wawa gone bye-bye too...

Someone call some help for him...

I agree about having little respect for Bill's mother, though. And about the sister having hot and cold moments, alternating between loving/supportive of Bill and taunting/cruel.

But the mother is the one who's supposed to be an adult, and Bill's MOTHER, and be supportive of him at all times, and she's really got a terrible record for that. Especially after Bill's blow up at her that made her cry for several days. She should know how hard this is on him and be more supportive instead of humiliating him by treating him like a girl, and one YOUNGER than his age at that. Not to mention forcing him into things she knows he doesn't want to do. She seems determined to make Belle a reality, not caring what it's doing to her son, Bill.

Even if the physical reality turns out that Bill IS at least partly Belle biologically, she could break him into accepting that far more gradually and with understanding and support, and encouraging him that if he does have to become a girl, or at least present as one, he can do it his own way. And maybe he'll accept doing girly things more if he can be a "tomboy" the rest of the time. And maybe he'll even outgrow Bill behavior and tomboyish behavior, IF it's on his own terms and at his own pace.

Little respect for her? Hell, yeah.

And Dad needs to grow a pair and stand up to her to defend his son. Especially after his own experience with being assumed to be a transgender child when he wasn't.

It's bad enough that everyone OUTSIDE the family (and random events) conspire to girlify Bill. But his family's continued lack of support is disappointing.

Lisa

The one thing that stood out to me

-is that Bill just did a very new tactic - teasing Jason by acting girly, using feminine wiles to get a boy to do something for her. How very girlish. Looks like Belle's personality is peeking out of Bill a little more. Not fully Belle, but not fully the old Bill either. Bellebill? BillBelle? .........or Bille? This story continues to make me ... *Sigh*

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Bill using feminine wiles on Jason...

I don't think there is a "Belle personality". Or at least, there wasn't before he found out, on the air, that the little girl had died, and on top of that strengthened everyone's image of him being Belle by not correcting what the cue cards said (not to mention correcting the wardrobe/makeup lady), and the combination traumatized him so much that his identity as Bill retreated. I still think the "Belle personality" was just Bill with his boy identity suppressed, which is why the illusion of being a girl cracked when Mom questioned "her".

I took it as Bill using advice his sister gave him the other day, when they discussed different ways of handling that Jason asshat.

Lisa

I think this may come back to haunt me

Elsbeth's picture

Well of course, how very wise of her :) Looking forward to the next chapter

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Ultimate horror

Still loving it overall Tels but struggled to overcome my fears with the ultimate horror in this one, dentists - argggggghhh k-jo

I was lying down minding my own business when life came by and drove right over me