Guardian Angel 2

Printer-friendly version


Guardian Angel 2
By
Morpheus

This story was originally written and posted in 1999.

Part 1 of 4

Marcus smiled to himself as he stared down at the ground far below him, thrilled beyond belief with the knowledge that he was actually flying. Him, flying.... If anyone had told him a week earlier that he would have been able to fly, Marcus would have told them that they were nuts. But then again, he knew that if anyone had told him a week earlier that he would have been in the body of a gorgeous angel....a real one, he would have laughed in their face.

As Marcus swooped down towards the ground below, loving the strange sensation of his new wings stretched out behind him, he marveled that even though he was right above the campus, no one could see him. Even if someone looked directly at him they wouldn't have seen any hint of his presence, all thanks to his new ability to shift. The ability to shift out of phase with reality, becoming both invisible and intangible. An ability which along with his power to fly had come with his new body.

When Marcus spotted one of his classmates, Tony Stevens down below him, he smirked, filled with the sudden temptation to see if it could hit the guy with a lugie. Or at least do a quick flyby and swipe the guys hat. But after only a moments consideration, he realized that Angel would definitely not be pleased with that. And with a shudder, Marcus realized that the big guy that had made them change bodies might not like him using an angels powers to cause mischief either. Who knew what kind of trouble he'd get into then, and Marcus definitely didn't want to find out.

With a sigh, Marcus turned away from Tony, deciding that he'd just have to make due with the thrill from flying. He smiled again, flying even higher then turning around and dive bombing back towards the ground, loving the thrill. "Even better than bungee jumping." he said aloud. He stopped himself just feet before impact, swooping back up and deciding to head back home.

Moments later Marcus spotted his dorm building and quickly dropped towards it. The smile on his face stretched wider as he swooped towards the window, still shifted so that no one could see him. As he slipped through the window, he chuckled to himself, realizing that he could have just flown right through the wall, though that still seemed a little too odd for him.

Inside the dorm room, Marcus looked around, grinning when he saw Angel at the desk, looking over some school work. The very idea that his former guardian angel was sitting in his body, doing his homework seemed almost preposterous, but Marcus had almost begun to get used to the idea. After all, it wasn't nearly as strange as the fact that he was stuck as a chick, and an angel to boot. Still smiling to himself, Marcus started creeping towards Angel, planning on surprising her.

Suddenly Angel snapped around, a smile on her face. "I'm glad you're back." She said.

Marcus gasped in surprise. "How did you know I was there?" He asked when he shifted back to normal.

Angel just smiled, her eyes twinkling somewhat. "I may be in your mortal shell, but I am still an angel inside. Such tricks as those can never work on me."

Shaking his head in disappointment, Marcus asked, "Why didn't you tell me this before?" Angel just continued to smile, looking rather smug though she didn't bother to answer.

After a moment, Angel got up from the desk and walked over to Marcus, gently rubbing one hand along his softly feathered wings, looking just a little sad as she did so. Marcus felt a little bad, remembering that they were really her wings after all, and he was the one out having fun with them. Then Angel forced a smile, pulling her hand back and looking Marcus in the eye. Almost immediately they were lost in each others eyes, which happened almost every time. Marcus was immediately reminded of the old proverb that the eyes were the windows to the soul, and every day he was beginning to believe it more and more.

When they finally broke eye contact, it was only so that they could lock in a passionate kiss. Marcus wasn't sure how long they kissed each other, only that when they broke apart again he was gasping for breath. "Wow." he said, still amazed at the fact that he was kissing a male body, his former body, and enjoying it. However, he knew very well that it was only because of the person inside the body. He hadn't had the least interest in any other guys since his transformation, for which he was very relieved. But still, even though he and Angel had kissed many times since their body exchange nearly a week earlier, that had been all that they'd done. Neither was ready for the next step.

Several minutes later, Angel and Marcus sat down on the couch, looking at each other a little uncomfortably. Though they had both been trying to get used to their new lives, it hadn't been easy and neither could forget what the other was. That one had once been a guardian angel and the other had been her charge. But 'once' had been the operative word.

"So," Marcus asked nervously, "How are you doing?" Angel looked at him oddly, reminding Marcus that it was a stupid question. Deciding to try a different route, Marcus said, "You miss it don't you? The flying."

Angel nodded slightly. "Yes I do. But I try not to think of it." She smiled, "Eventually I will be able to again, so I'll just try to exist day by day. After all, how many angels get to see what life is like as a mortal?"

"And how many mortals get to look like an angel?" Marcus gave a slight smile, extending his wings a little as he did so. Giving a wry grin, he added, "They are kind of interesting at least, though they tickle." Angel smiled faintly at that.

Marcus nodded at Angel, then got up and started towards the bathroom. He stopped in front of the mirror, frowning slightly as he stared at his reflection. The face that looked back was a gorgeous woman with long brown hair. A woman more beautiful than any woman had a right to be. However, there were several things that spoiled the effect some. For one, Marcus's hair wasn't done up quite as nicely as it could be, and he didn't have any makeup on his face at all. Just because he'd suddenly ended up in a female body didn't mean that he suddenly knew how to put on makeup or choose women's clothes. Not in the least. And Angel wasn't any help at all. As she'd pointed out earlier, "What use does an angel have for makeup?" Marcus sighed. Even though Angel's real face....the one looking back from the mirror didn't need any makeup to make it look nice, it would have at least helped him fit in.

Letting out a sigh, Marcus turned his attention to the fluffy white wings that stuck out from his back. The wings that truly marked his body as that of an angel. He smiled, letting himself start to glow for a moment to complete the effect, then deciding to be practical, he dampened the glow and shifted his wings out, making them effectively disappear. "That should do it." He said, pleased by what he saw, though still wishing it had been his old body. It just didn't feel right to be a girl, especially one as good looking as he now was.

Gently cupping his breasts in his hands, Marcus frowned. They didn't feel quite as odd on him as they had a week earlier, but they still didn't feel "normal" yet either. But then again, he knew that nothing about his situation was normal. And what made it worse was the fact that it was done on purpose, and by God at that. There wasn't much use in whining either, especially not in front of Angel. Once again Marcus felt a little sorry for her and what she had to have lost. Even more than him. At least he had gained some pretty cool powers, and he even felt really good. Really alive, just because it was an angels body he was in.

"I guess it could be worse." Marcus reminded himself. A lot worse. Then forcing a smile he turned around and gave a good look over his apartment. Marcus's apartment. He frowned slightly, remembering that he wasn't supposed to even be living there anymore. Angel Celeste, the name he was going by now, had her own dorm room in the next building over. And though Marcus slept there, he couldn't help but spending most of his time in his old room. With Angel.

With a shrug, Marcus finished his business in the bathroom, wondering as he did so how women could stand having that mess every time they had to take a leak. It was much simpler to just aim and let go, but that wasn't possible for him anymore. Just one more thing to get used to, Marcus knew.

Returning to where Angel was still sitting, Marcus stood back and watched her for a moment, smiling in admiration of her. Not her body which had been his, but the person inside of it. Just watching her, he could feel their connection. He could feel the strong pull that he felt towards her. The strange love that he'd felt since they'd first looked each other in the eyes. Even the fact that she was in a male body hadn't done anything to dampen it.

Angel looked at Marcus and frowned. "Are you still planning on going bungee jumping with Stu and Buzz next weekend?" She sounded annoyed. "You know how dangerous that is and I won't be able to protect you anymore." At that Angel sounded a little sad.

"Don't worry." Marcus told her, gently putting his hand on her shoulder. "I'll be careful. I promise." Then grinning, he added, "Besides, since I can fly and shift now, I don't have much to worry about."

"Marcus..." She said in an almost threatening voice.

"I know, I know," He held his hands up in surrender. "I can't let anyone see me using any of that stuff." Then Marcus got serious for a moment, "If HE got that mad at you showing me, I don't wanna know what would happen if I showed someone else." Marcus gave an exaggerated shudder at that.

Angel nodded, still looking rather serious. "Just promise me that you won't do anything stupid again. I'm not going to just let you die, even if I have to tie you up so that you can't go." That last part was said only half jokingly, and Marcus saw from the look in her eye that she would too.

"I'll be careful." He promised again. "Besides, you have to come and watch out for me." Then grinning almost smugly, Marcus added, "And you'll have to jump yourself if you don't want the guys to get suspicious." The look on Angel's face was enough to make Marcus start chuckling. "Don't worry. You'll love it. Besides," Marcus winked at her, "I'll be watching out for YOU."

Angel just groaned. "From someone as near suicidal as you were, I'm not sure that's a good thing." Then she smiled to show that she didn't really mean it.

After they'd talked for awhile longer, Marcus glanced at the clock on the wall and frowned. "I guess I'd better get going." With a groan, Marcus stood up, stretching himself as he did so, amazed at just how good it felt. At how alive he felt. Whatever else their exchange had done, Marcus certainly couldn't complain about feeling bad. Uncomfortable yes, but bad no.

"Maybe I should come along." Angel suggested, beginning to get up as well.

"There's no need for that." Marcus sighed, feeling slightly annoyed. It was one thing when Angel had been following him around invisibly, protecting him without his even knowing it, but now.... now it seemed almost insulting. Especially since he was the one that had most of her old powers. "I'll be fine." He said a little quickly. "I'll see you later." Then with that Marcus gave her a quick kiss before hurrying out of his old room, this time on foot.

As Marcus slowly walked across campus, he felt embarrassed by all the looks that people were giving him, even though he'd been receiving them for almost a week. Women looked at him in envy and jealousy, a few even almost hatefully. But the men.... All the men he passed stared at him with undisguised lust, though most of them at least had the decency to leave him alone. However, not all of them did. More than once Marcus had to fend off unwanted suitors as he made his way towards his new dorm room.

Marcus stopped with a frown as he noticed a pair of guys from the football team walking toward him, blocking the path so that he couldn't go around them. He gulped, glancing around nervously, suddenly more aware than even before that he no longer had all of his old strength. In fact, for a moment he felt a surge of terror and helplessness rush through him before he forced himself to calm down and face the pair. They hadn't done anything yet, just looking threatening.

"What do you want?" He demanded when the players stopped in front of him. Marcus looked at the taller, more muscular one first. Bobby "the Wall" Walker, one of the nastiest linebackers to ever grace the schools team. The other one was somewhat shorter and a lot more wiry in build. That was Eddie Banks, a wide receiver. And at the moment, both of them were staring at Marcus with an odd mixture of awe, nervousness and lust. Unfortunately the lust seemed to win.

"We want you." Bobby said with a cocky grin. "How about you and I go over to my room and have some fun?"

Marcus sneered in disgust, wondering how real women could stand having to put up with stuff like this. The only reason that he wasn't about to panic was the knowledge that he could just shift out. Then he remembered that the big guy would definitely not like him doing something like that in front of others and he grew a little more nervous. "I'd rather not." Marcus managed to say, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be." With that, Marcus went to step around the two men, but Eddie stepped back in his path.

"I don't think so." Eddie said with a grin. "It's really rude to walk away when someone's talking to you."

"Somehow," Marcus said, "I really don't think you're very concerned with manners." He glanced at one and then the other, seeing that they weren't going to be nice about this and get out of his way. With a sigh, he took a step back and turned around, deciding that if they followed him, all he had to do was dodge behind a tree or something then shift out. Unfortunately though, they had a different idea and Marcus felt a tight fist grasping his arm.

"We're not through talking to you." Bobby growled menacingly, his hand still holding Marcus tight. "The least you could do is be nice to us." Then he looked very suggestive and added, "We can really make it worth your time."

"NO THANKS!" Marcus exclaimed emphatically, beginning to get really, really worried. His heart was racing from what he was afraid was about to happen. He may have liked adrenaline, but certainly not this way. The sun had already begun to set and there weren't many people in sight, so Marcus had a feeling that this was only going to get worse. Who knew how far they were going to go.

Then suddenly Marcus heard "Stop!" He snapped his head around, relieved to see Angel standing there in his old body, a very angry look on her face. "Leave hi.....her alone!" She glared at Eddie and Bobby, taking a step forward, her fists both clenched menacingly.

When Bobby let go of Marcus, he jumped forward, relieved that Angel was there to save him once again. "Thanks." He told her.

Angel nodded, barely giving Marcus a glance. "You can go on ahead." She stared at Marcus and Eddie, "I don't think they'll give you any trouble right now. Not unless they want some witnesses." She smiled wickedly, gesturing towards the small crowd of people that had gathered a short distance away.

Bobby and Eddie glared at Angel and then at Marcus. They gave a nervous glance towards the group of potential witnesses and then at each other. Finally Eddie said, "It ain't over." Then they both turned and walked away while Marcus sighed in relief.

After seeing that the football players were indeed leaving, Marcus closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath before turning to Angel. "Thanks for the save, but you didn't have to come save me." He frowned slightly, feeling both thankful and annoyed at the same time. For once in his life, Marcus was not enjoying the rush from the adrenaline.

With a sigh, Angel looked down in embarrassment, then back into Marcus's eyes. In spite of the sudden "contact" that they felt, Angel didn't get distracted. "I may no longer possess my heavenly flesh or powers, but I am still your guardian angel and will be so for as long as you live." She looked away again, then added, "I couldn't avoid helping."

Marcus gave her a thoughtful look, trying to let his annoyance fade. It was hard to stay angry at her anymore, especially for helping him. After a moment, Marcus nodded. "All right." he said quietly. "It's just a little embarrassing is all." Angel nodded, then Marcus smiled faintly. "Well that was kind of extreme." Then he surprised Angel by giving her a quick kiss before he turned and hurried off again, back to where he'd been going before being interrupted.

After Marcus was far enough away, he glanced back, seeing that Angel had already gone. He smiled faintly, surprised that he was actually beginning to feel happy that Angel had saved him. It gave him an odd confidence to realize that he still had a guardian angel of sorts. That he still had someone looking out for him. "I guess everyone needs someone to watch out for them sometime." Marcus mused aloud, glancing around just to make sure that there was no sign of Bobby or Eddie returning. Fortunately there was none.

When the dorm building Marcus had been sleeping in the for last few nights was in sight, he smiled faintly to himself, realizing that he was almost there. There was nothing more to worry about. Then suddenly Marcus realized that there was someone right behind him and snapped around, his hands clenched into fists as he readied himself to hit Eddie or Bobby. But much to his surprise, Marcus found himself face to face with a girl. One who looked somewhat startled by Marcus's sudden move.

"Who are you?" He asked her, relaxing his guard though just barely. "Were you following me?"

"I...I...I'm sorry." The girl stuttered. She took a deep breath, then gave a nervous smile which made her look more attractive. "My name's Amy. Amy Mitchell." She held out her hand which Marcus accepted and shook.

"M....Angel Celeste." Marcus told her, carefully looking Amy over. She stood just a couple inches shorter than him, about 5 foot 6 or 7, had shoulder length blonde hair and a rather attractive figure. Still, Marcus felt somewhat embarrassed to realize that as good looking as she was, she almost looked plain and ordinary compared to him.

"I saw what happened with those two jocks." She gave an ironic smile. "I quick the cheerleading squad because of jerks like them." Then Amy gave a more natural grin. "I really wasn't following you. I just happen to live here too." She pointed up at the dorm building. "And when I saw you standing there, I just figured I'd come over and introduce myself."

"Sorry I scared you then." Marcus apologized. "I'm just a little jumpy right now."

Amy nodded. "I can certainly see why. So, what are you majoring in?"

Marcus frowned for a moment, half tempted to tell her comparative religions or something, which in an odd way he was, but instead he told her the truth. "I still haven't decided yet." Amy nodded understandingly at that, telling him that she was in the same situation.

While they walked into the building together, Marcus and Amy continued to talk. He felt kind of funny talking to her like that, knowing that just a week earlier he would have been trying to get into her pants. However, at the moment that wasn't very likely, and oddly enough, not quite as interesting. After they'd gone up the first level of stairs, Amy asked, "So, you wanna come into my room for a bit?" Marcus only hesitated for a moment before agreeing.

Once inside Amy's room, Marcus glanced around somewhat uncomfortably while he sat on her couch. Amy offered him a cup of soda which he gladly accepted, only wishing that it wasn't diet. Marcus winced as he took a sip, thinking "I hate this diet crap." However he didn't let Amy know that.

After a few more minutes of talking about nothing in particular, Amy started to look embarrassed and uncomfortable. "I know it's not any of my business," she said nervously, "but I couldn't help noticing the way you're dressed and all."

"The way I'm dressed?" Marcus frowned. "What's wrong with the way I dress?"

Amy blushed. "Nothing." She said quickly. "It's just that you're dressed so plain. It's obvious that you could easily be a model. I'd kill for a body or face like yours. Hell, any girl would. But you're just sort of hiding it." Then continuing to look a little embarrassed, Amy added, "And though you certainly don't need any makeup, it might make you look even better."

Marcus almost choked at what Amy had said. He glanced down at himself, seeing that he looked more feminine than he was comfortable with already. And though he could definitely look better, he hadn't really been trying to. Then after a moments consideration, Marcus said, "I don't know how to put on makeup." Amy looked shocked at this. It only took Marcus a moment to give the excuse he'd already made up, "I was raised in a real conservative home."

With a nod of understanding, Amy said, "So you're a country bumpkin."

"Hey...." Marcus protested with a grin.

"Just kidding." Amy grinned back. "But hey, you could be an unbelievable knockout if you even half tried. I'm already jealous." She let out an exaggerated sigh. "You want me to show you how?"

Marcus just stared at her for a moment in disbelief. Him wear makeup? It was not something that he was interested in. Hell, he would much rather be out rock climbing or sky diving. Or better yet, flying. The very thought brought a smile to his face. Then focusing back on the situation at hand, Marcus wondered if it might not at least be useful. After all, he was going to be stuck as a girl for awhile, quite possibly a very long while, so maybe it would be a good idea to learn some of that girly stuff.

"All right." Marcus said somewhat hesitantly. "Can you?" Amy just lit up in a big smile and a moment later they went at it.

Two hours later, Marcus sat back and stared at himself in the mirror that Amy had provided. "What do you think?" she asked hopefully.

Marcus stared at his reflection for a moment longer and gulped. "Is that really me?" Then chuckling, he added, "Of course it is." But still, Marcus could scarcely believe it. He'd seen Angel and then his own face in the mirror many times before, but not after the "treatment" as Amy had called it. She'd very patiently gone over Marcus's hair until it looked rather nice, though she still mentioned that he could use a professional stylist. And the makeup.... Amy had gone over the makeup very slowly and very carefully, explaining what she was doing every step of the way. Then after she'd finished, she'd wiped it all off of Marcus then started again. Now with the final product, he looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Angel," Amy said with a smug look, "You really do look like an angel."

"You have no idea." Marcus thought to himself as he smiled back, "You have absolutely no idea."

Getting up, Marcus still had a hard time tearing his eyes from the mirror. "Wow." was all that he could think to say. Amy looked even prouder at that.

"If you're willing..." Amy started, "Tomorrow after classes we can go shopping. Get you some makeup of your own and I can show you how to use it right, and maybe even some new clothes that don't hide your figure so much."

"I don't know." Marcus frowned, feeling unsure of this though not as much as he would have expected.

"Hey, maybe we can even get you into a stylist or something. Get your hair and nails done up right."

Marcus groaned at that, feeling a little embarrassed to even consider such a thing. However, he quickly reminded himself that this was something he might need to learn. That rationalization helped him deal with the fact that at the same time he was also curious about just how nice he could get his new body to look.

"Maybe we can go out on a full shopping trip Saturday." Amy suggested.

"Sounds good." Marcus said, then frowned. "But I can't. I've already made plans for Saturday. Me and a couple friends are going bungee jumping. Wanna come along. It will be totally extreme." He grinned mischieviously as he looked at Amy.

"Um....no thanks." Amy smiled nervously. "Jumping off of things with just a rope tied to me doesn't sound very fun."

Marcus nodded. "Suit yourself. But you'll be the one missing out on a killer rush."

Amy grinned back. "I think I'll manage."

After a couple more minutes of chatting, Marcus yawned and excused himself. "I've gotta get to bed. I had been planning to study a little tonight but since that's been blown, I might as well at least try getting my sleep." Amy said goodbye, though only after making Marcus promise that they'd go out shopping later, then he was gone.

Guardian Angel II
part 2 of 4
By Morpheus

Marcus groaned as he awoke to the sound of the alarm clock next to his bed. Sitting up, he was almost startled to find himself immediately wide awake. Quite a difference from a week earlier when it had taken him two cups of coffee to wake up, but he was beginning to get used to it. And oddly enough, Marcus was almost beginning to like it as well.

After taking a quick glance around the dorm room that was so much like his old one but so much different at the same time, he climbed out of bed and hurried to the bathroom that he shared with the girl next door, wanting to get ready for his classes as quickly as he could. Once the shower had been taken care of, Marcus stood in front of the mirror staring at his naked body, his wings out and visible. It was the beginning of a morning ritual that he'd begun to adopt in the days since he'd been put into that body.

Slowly and with great care, Marcus gently ran a hand over one of his soft white wings. He let out a soft sigh, still amazed at their softness and the fact that they were indeed real each time that he touched them. For several minutes Marcus continued to inspect his wings, though he wasn't sure exactly why he was doing so. Once he was finished with the wings, Marcus carefully ran his hands over the rest of his body, marveling at the smooth flawless skin and hardly believing that it was his. Especially when he looked at his breasts, his slender waist and the very feminine opening between his legs.

When his fingers moved to the empty spot between his legs, Marcus winced. "No self pity." He told himself firmly. "It could have been a lot worse." With a sigh, Marcus closed his eyes and pulled his fingers away, taking several deep breaths while he thought about how close he'd come to dying. He would have if it hadn't been for Angel. But as exciting as that had been, it had also been a little bit of an eye opener. Especially when Angel started chewing him out. It had been because of that incident that he was in her body. Because she'd broken some angel rules or something, and he had to pay the price. "Stop that." Marcus growled to himself. "It wasn't her fault." Deciding that this wasn't a good line of thought, Marcus got up and finished getting ready for class.

A short while later, Marcus left his new room and started off to his first class of the day, pausing only for a moment to call give a quick "Good morning." to Amy when they passed in the hall, and to assure her that he hadn't forgotten about his agreement to go with her that afternoon.

It didn't take Marcus very long to arrive at the classroom and take his seat, though he was slightly disappointed that Angel hadn't arrived yet. Fortunately though she showed up almost immediately after and came hurrying over towards Marcus.

"Good morning." He said cheerfully. "I'm glad you got here." Marcus was especially relieved once he glanced back towards several of the boys who'd been staring at him and the empty seat. He wasn't sure how much longer it would have been before they inevitably started hitting on him. After all, he knew very well that he certainly wouldn't have left a girl as good looking as he now was alone for very long.

Angel smiled back slightly. "Good morning to you too." She looked a little weary still which only reminded Marcus how awake and energetic he felt at the moment. That made him feel rather odd and self conscious, though he quickly pushed it away, focusing instead on the instructor who was beginning the lecture.

The class was over rather quickly and Marcus silently walked to the next class with Angel while they held hands. He felt a little embarrassed to be walking around, holding hands with a guy, but he just smiled to himself as he reminded himself that holding hands wasn't anything next to kissing. Besides, it was Angel in that body, and that made all the difference. Once Marcus thought this through, he felt warm and happy inside, comforted by being so close to Angel. He smiled even more as he grasped her hand tighter.

--------------------

When lunch had finally come, Marcus found himself sitting at a cafe table just off campus, along with Angel, Buzz and Stu. He absently stirred at his coffee, staring at his half eaten tuna sandwich and lost in thought.

"HEY ANGEL." Buzz said loudly, "Hello. Earth to Angel."

"What?" Marcus looked up, feeling embarrassed as he hadn't heard them talking to him. Even though he'd mostly gotten used to being called Angel, and even calling her by his name, every once in awhile he still slipped out of it. And no matter how much time they spent as each other, he knew that he'd always think of himself as Marcus. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Marcus apologized.

"S'all right." Buzz grinned, "But you're supposed to save that for class."

"When he's right, he's right." Stu added in with a chuckle.

"What were you saying?" Marcus asked them, trying to stay focused.

Buzz nodded, "I was just saying that I bet you're really looking forward to jumping with us Saturday. I know you said that you've jumped before, but never with us." Then Buzz grinned mischieviously, "And never with your crazy new boyfriend here." He slapped Angel on the shoulder. "This guy is certified insane."

Marcus and Angel both glanced at each other in embarrassment, Marcus remembering just how angry Angel had gotten with him over his being "crazy." All he'd been doing was having fun, but how could he know that he had a real guardian angel who'd been keeping him from getting killed.

"Not anymore." Angel said firmly. Then with a slightly mischievious grin herself, she added, "No crazy stuff for me. You could say that this is an all new Marcus."

"We'll see." Stu said unconvinced, taking a slow sip of his coffee. "But if you've really managed to tame him," Stu said to Marcus with a cocky grin, "Then girl, you have really got him wrapped around your finger." They all chuckled at that, though Marcus felt a little embarrassed at the same time.

Suddenly, Buzz jumped out of his seat with a look of mock horror on his face. "Coffee. Coffee. I'm out of coffee." Then yelling across the cafe, much to everyone else's embarrassed amusement, Buzz yelled, "Another espresso over here!" When Buzz had sat back down with a shit eaten grin on his face, he looked at the others and asked "What?"

"And you say Ma.....I'm the crazy one." Angel said with a smile though Buzz just shrugged.

For the rest of the lunch they continued to talk, mostly of their bungee jumping plans for the weekend. Marcus felt sort of odd being with his friends and them not even knowing who he was. As far as they were concerned, he was just Angel, their best friends new girlfriend who just had the good taste to like the same kind of extreme sports as they did. Marcus smiled faintly, feeling a little left out. They weren't treating him at all like they used to, though they were still being very friendly. They'd accepted him as Angel, at least tentatively until the jump, but it still wasn't the same. There wasn't the same camaraderie, respect or...male bonding. With a sigh, Marcus looked over at Angel, knowing that he'd have to get used to it if he wanted to stay friends with them. It was just one more adjustment that he'd have to make.

Lunch finished up rather quickly and they all broke away from the cafe, heading back to campus and their next classes. "Mine's that stupid religion class." Stu grumbled, while Angel just smiled and offered to help him if he needed it. Stu smirked. "You're even worse about religion than I am Marcus."

"You'd be surprised what sh...he knows." Marcus broke in with a grin. "You'd be surprised." Stu shrugged, unconvinced though he didn't say anything more except for "Goodbye." Marcus shook his head and watched Angel in amusement, thinking that Stu and Buzz would be more than just a little surprised to find out how much the new Marcus knew about religions. The thought even made him chuckle as he started towards the next class.

--------------------

Marcus sighed as he leaned back against the bench and looked around. He'd just finished with his last class of the day, said goodbye to Angel and promising that he'd see her again later, and then sat down for a few minutes before going to Amy's like he promised. That was something that he wasn't exactly sure about, but knew that he'd not only promised, but would likely need her help and friendship. After all, there was only so much that Angel could teach him about being a woman, and as much as Marcus disliked the fact, he was one now.

"I guess I should get going." Marcus told himself, still not bothering to get up from the bench. He looked at the people walking by him, then at the two guys who were sitting by the tree just a short distance away and talking. One of them was familiar to Marcus, though the other one wasn't. In fact, the unfamiliar boy seemed rather odd, but Marcus couldn't place why. Curious, he listened in to their conversation.

"Look," The new unfamiliar boy was saying to Tony Ellis, the other one, "I'm telling you that he's a tyrant. I mean, look at all the things in the Bible. God created Adam and Eve, then kept them in his own personal petting zoo, no better than pets. In fact, if they hadn't eaten that apple, or whatever the hell it was, humans would still be nothing more than brainless animals without any real free will."

Tony started to argue, "I don't think so...."

"No you don't." The other boy sneered. "I mean, God is great at destroying everything and punishing the innocent. When he caused the Great Flood, think about all the innocent animals and all the children that were killed. It was mass murder and near genocide if you go by the Bible. Would a benevolent God do that?" Then before Tony could answer, the boy continued, "And then there was Sodom and Gomorra. How many innocent children do you think where in those places when he killed them all off? Or what about ordering his followers to kill their own children, just so that he can test their loyalty. I tell you man, God is nothing more than a tyrant, a bully and a hypocrite. Common, having a kid with another guy's wife..."

Tony started laughing at that. "Then I guess it's a good thing that it's all stories. Man, I loved the look on the profs face when you argued with him in class. I shoulda taken comparative religion before."

Marcus looked away from the two, gulping as he did so. What that boy had said....It had definitely gotten to him. As Marcus thought about it, he began to feel shivers creep along his spine. He couldn't help thinking that from that point of view, that kid was right. After all, wasn't he living proof of God's punishing the innocent. Just because Angel broke some rule, he gets caught along with her.

"But she still trusts him." Marcus told himself half convinced, remembering that Angel hadn't been angry at the "Big Guy" since he'd changed them. Instead, she seemed to think that it was part of some bigger plan or that he was wise in doing so. Marcus wasn't sure that he believed that anymore. Especially not after having heard that convincing argument.

Then Marcus sighed, pushing these thoughts out of his head for the moment. "No good worrying about it." he told himself, remembering that he still had to meet Amy. He glanced at his watch and then the two boys who were still talking, though about something else now. Frowning, Marcus stood up, stretching his shifted wings out behind him and thinking how good they felt, even if he couldn't see them at the moment. "I'd better hurry." He said, already looking for a place where he could shift out without being seen so that he could fly over. "At least I can have some fun on the way." Marcus smiled in anticipation as he thought about how great it would be flying. "Amy won't mind my being a few minutes late...."

As Marcus hurried away, he didn't notice that the boy he'd overheard talking had stopped and was staring at him with a smirk on his face. The boy started chuckling slightly and he whispered to himself, "We'll talk soon pretty one." Then, as the boy continued to stare in the direction Marcus had gone, for the faintest moment, his eyes almost seemed to turn bright red before he once again returned his attention to Tony.

---------------------

Marcus let out a screech of excitement as he dove down through the clouds, plummeting towards the ground at incredible speed. He felt a little guilty for not going straight to Amy's like he promised, but not much. The thrill of the flight was just too much temptation for him to resist. With a loud laugh, Marcus came closer and closer towards the looming ground, marveling at how fantastic he felt. Every cell in his body was alive and charged with adrenaline, and something more.

Finally, just as Marcus was nearing the ground, he stretched his wings out behind him, swooping up and shooting back into the air, loving the thrill... the excitement of the flying. That was the highest drop he'd ever done. Higher than any of the bungee jumps that he'd ever done, and even higher than the sky diving. And he loved it.

As Marcus remembered his purpose and reigned in his impulse to try it again, he sighed and thought that the only thing missing.....the only thing that could make it better....would be having Angel along with him. The thought of her back in his dorm room, trapped in his powerless mortal body and alone almost brought a tear to Marcus's eye.

"Stop that." He told himself, refusing to let himself cry. But even though no tears came, Marcus still felt the same and couldn't wait to get back to Angel.

Then Marcus once again returned his thoughts to the business at hand, and the appointment he had with Amy. As soon as he saw the dorm building, another trickle of guilt for keeping her waiting went through him, making Marcus increase his speed as he dove straight for the building wall. A moment later, Marcus had gone through the wall as if it wasn't there, shivering at idea but wanting to get where he was going.

Once Marcus was in the hall and saw that he was alone, he let himself shift back into the "real" world, making sure to keep his wings shifted out. "Wouldn't do to freak Amy out." Marcus grinned to himself, wondering just how the pretty blonde would react to seeing him with wings. For a split second he even considered trying to find out, then his better sense got hold of him and Marcus quickly knocked on the door.

After half a minute, the door opened up and Amy stepped out, frowning. "I wasn't sure you were coming." She sounded a little annoyed at being kept waiting, but then she started to smile. "Well, never mind."

"Sorry about that." Marcus told her as he went in, "I got distracted by something on the way over."

Amy nodded understandingly. "Well, let's get going."

Without any hesitation, Marcus nodded agreement, wondering though if perhaps he'd made a mistake in agreeing to go. However, he remembered his earlier resolve to learn about being a woman and pushed his doubts aside for the moment. "Too late now anyways." he thought as he followed behind his new friend.

Marcus and Amy arrived at the mall a short time later and Amy led them directly to one of the clothing stores. "Let's get you started here right." She told Marcus. "Since you already have underwear we'll leave off the lingerie for now...." She almost dragged him past the lingerie department while Marcus half protested, wanting to go inside and try on a few things to see how good he could look, though he wasn't about to really admit it.

Once they were past the lingerie department, Marcus felt both relieved and disappointed at the same time, which left him a little confused. However, Marcus didn't have to to dwell on that as Amy quickly took him through the clothes, pulling things out with a critical practiced eye and tossing them at Marcus. "These should be about your size and look really hot on you." Amy told him as she tossed a pair of tight looking pants into his arms. Finally, after a much shorter period than Marcus would have expected, Amy said, "That should about do it for now. Why don't you make sure that those things fit and then we can get out of here."

"Aren't you going buy anything?" Marcus asked Amy, looking at her empty hands curiously. "Or at least try something on?" He watched Amy carefully, thoughts of seeing her in different sexy outfits filling his head and beginning to excite him. He hadn't been that excited by anyone but Angel since his transformation.

Amy shook her head. "Nah. I have plenty of clothes already." Then she shrugged. "And anyways, I'm not really big on shopping for myself."

Marcus shook his head in surprise. A woman who didn't like to shop? What was the world coming to? Then he frowned, turning and going towards the dressing room, wondering just how many more of the stereotypes about women he'd see proven wrong. But still, after taking a backwards glance towards Amy, Marcus started to chuckle, guessing that did seem at least a little excited about shopping, but only for him.

A short while later, Marcus had tried on all the clothes that Amy had selected for him, finding that only once piece didn't really fit him. He shrugged, tossing that shirt off to the side and admiring the way the tight fitting pants and new shirt showed off his body. Marcus smiled faintly, muttering "Man, I look good." With that he sighed, thinking that he would have much rather been dating a girl that looked like that than having to be one. "At least I'm a good looking girl." He muttered grudgingly, trying to follow Angel's example and remain positive.

For a moment Marcus paused, the words of that boy he'd overheard earlier filling his mind. "God is a tyrant.....punishes the innocent......" Marcus frowned, looking up at the ceiling and feeling rather annoyed. It wasn't his fault.... Then Marcus shook his head. "Enough of that." he decided, once again pushing those words to the back of his mind, though he knew that they wouldn't remain there. Then picking up the rest of the clothes, Marcus left the dressing room to show Amy and pay for his purchases.

"Not bad." Amy said when she saw him, though the look of admiration, and even jealousy on her face showed that she thought more of it than that. Then with a sigh, Amy said, "I wish I could look have as good."

"Don't be that way." Marcus told her in annoyance. "You're a good looking girl."

"Yeah, but you're a great looking one." Amy smiled back, "And you don't even have the decency to be vain about it."

That made Marcus smile back. "So, what's next?" He looked down at himself, noticing that his new clothes had definitely made a difference already. Before he'd been wearing rather loose pants and shirt to unsuccessfully try hiding his figure. The idea of actually showing it off instead was taking some getting used to, but it was also beginning to turn Marcus on a little.

Amy paused and looked Marcus over critically. "Hmmm." She muttered, "You definitely need some new shoes. Sneakers just aren't going to cut it with that outfit."

"What's wrong with my shoes?" Marcus asked defensively though he already knew very well that he should be wearing pumps or high heels instead.

Amy just shook her head and gave him a look that said "Why me?" Smiling faintly, Amy said, "Of course you need some makeup, and maybe get your ears pierced..." Marcus smirked slightly at that. He'd had one of his ears pierced and wore a ring in it back when he was a guy, but now that he'd been turned into a girl his ears weren't pierced. Amy continued on, "Your nails look fantastic, but could use some polish, and...." Marcus was barely listening anymore as he carried the clothes to the checkout, wondering what Angel would say when he showed her.

Their next stop was the shoe store, where Marcus got a pair of low pumps that Amy assured him would look good, and a pair of 3 inch heels, which he knew he'd need a lot of practice to wear. Even as they left the shoe store, Marcus looked down at the bag in his hand, wondering how he'd ever let Amy talk him into buying high heels in the first place. And even more, he knew very well that he was going to try them on. After all, what other time would he get a chance to see what the big fuss with wearing them was all about?

Once they went and picked out all the makeup, Amy turned to Marcus and giggled, "When we get back I'll show you how to use it right. You'll knock that handsome boyfriend of yours dead." Marcus blushed at that, feeling embarrassed both at having Amy call his original body handsome, as well as refer to Angel as his boyfriend. However, he blushed even deeper as he realized that both descriptions were more or less correct.

Finally, Amy pulled Marcus into a hair stylist, who's work was finished at an amazing speed. He sat through the whole thing with mixed emotions, but deciding for the moment to just go along for the ride like he'd already been doing. When the stylist was finished, she turned to Marcus and sighed. "You really have the most beautiful hair. I hardly had to do anything with it at all." Marcus smiled self consciously, in spite of the fact that the woman had been making similar comments throughout the procedure.

"Thank you." Marcus told the woman, glancing back and forth between her and Amy, who looked especially proud. Marcus gulped and looked at himself in the mirror, no longer surprised at changes in his appearance, though he was somewhat impressed. His hair had already been very nice, almost exceptional, however now it had been altered just enough to make it all stand out even more.

"Well I guess that's everything then." Marcus said as he and Amy started walking out of the mall. His fingers self consciously went to his ears and the new holes that had been put in them before the hair stylist. With all that together, he knew that once he had the makeup on and done right, he'd be unbelievable. The very thought sent a shiver through his spine as he thought about how naughty that made him feel, and how nice at the same time.

"Pretty much." Amy agreed. "It went a little quicker than I expected." Marcus noticed the tone of relief in her voice. "Now let's get back to the dorms and I can teach you how to use this stuff." She held up the bag containing the makeup that they'd purchased, grinning broadly as she did so. Marcus just nodded agreement.

As they were walking towards the mall exit, Marcus was shocked as someone suddenly grabbed him by the shoulder. "Hi there pretty." A rough male voice said cruelly.

Marcus snapped around, startled to recognize the same guy he'd overhead talking earlier. "Let me go!" Marcus growled, more angry than scared. He tried yanking himself away, but the boy's grasp was too tight.

"Well, little girl, I've got you and I don't think I wanna let you go." The boy sneered, then licked his lips as he looked down at Marcus's chest. Marcus blushed, feeling suddenly dirty and ashamed. As if that sicko's thoughts were rubbing off on him.

"Let her go." Amy demanded, her fear obvious in her eyes though she still stood firm.

The boy sneered again. "I don't think so." Then before either Marcus or Amy realized it, the boy's hand lashed out, connecting with Amy's chin and knocking her back onto the floor.

"Bastard!" Screamed Marcus as he punched at the boy as hard as he could. Unfortunately, with the boy still holding onto him, Marcus didn't have enough leverage to do any damage.

Laughing at the failed assault, the boy grasped Marcus's shoulder even tighter, making him let out as squeal from the increasing pain. At this point, as angry as Marcus was, he was beginning to get scared as well.

"Eve was created to serve Adam's lust," The strange boy said with a fanatical accent. "and all women since have been born to serve the rest of man in the same way. You are all weak sluts and whores, serving no purpose but quenching our desires." He stared at Marcus, lust clearly visible in his eye. "God hath punished thee by giving you that form, showing his displeasure at your corrupt soul. So it is with all women."

"You're nuts." Marcus gasped out, wincing at the sharp pain in his shoulder. He was ashamed to feel tears pouring down his cheeks. He never cried. Never. But he couldn't deny that now he was. That now he was terrified of this crazed psychopath that had a hold of him. "Amy!" He cried out, admitting to himself that he needed help. "Angel!" Now, more than ever before, Marcus wished that he'd never been changed with Angel. He'd have her to protect him. He'd have the strength to fight back on his own, instead of feeling so weak and helpless. In fact, Marcus realized that he'd never even be in that situation. It was all because he'd been turned into a girl.

"Now my pretty little one," the crazed boy said with a wicked smile, "my little whore, you will satisfy the carnal urges you have raised in me by your slutty ways, then I shall ensure that no man is ever tempted by your brazen flesh again."

Marcus struggled even more frantically, screaming "No!" over and over again. He was barely aware that Amy was struggling to get up off the floor, only that the boy was grabbing him tighter, and by his breasts. He struggled as hard as he could, then he remembered. Marcus finally remembered that he could shift out. For a brief moment he thought that God would punish him horribly for doing so in front of others, then he sneered. To hell with Gods punishment. He wouldn't even be in that situation if it wasn't for the Big Guy punishing him without reason.

"Come on you fucking slut." The boy growled with an evil grin on his face, "Show me how much you want it. I know you do. All girls do."

"Leave me alone!" Marcus cried out, wincing from the pain and trying to concentrate. Then he did it. Marcus willed himself to shift out, willing himself to become safe from his attacker. But much to his horror, he didn't shift out. He remained just as visible and solid as before, with his attacker still grasping at him. It was with a realization of horror that Marcus realized that God wasn't going to let him break the rules, regardless of what happened to him. "NOOOO!" Marcus screamed out with every bit of anger and terror that he felt.

"NO!" Amy suddenly screamed, smashing the boy alongside the head with her bags. "Leave her ALONE!"

The boy growled, lashing out at Amy with one of his hands. Marcus took advantage of the brief loosening of the grip to try fighting back again. He yanked his shoulder away, though he still wasn't able to get out of the boy's grasp before he tightened his grip again. Marcus's eyes narrowed and he growled in anger, refusing to just give up. Then without any hesitation, Marcus grabbed hold of the boys testicles as hard as he could, and squeezed even harder. The boy let out a scream of raw agony but let go of Marcus. Marcus jumped out of the boys reach, then lashed out with his foot, giving several good kicks before he grabbed Amy's hand and said, "Let's go."

Once Marcus and Amy were outside, he was half surprised to realize that they were still holding the bags that had the things they'd bought. He glanced back behind him, afraid that he'd see that boy again but was relieved when he didn't. But Marcus still had to fight back the temptation to shift out, if he still could, and fly away, leaving Amy behind. But as soon as that thought crosses his mind, Marcus forced it down, refusing to abandon her to that freak. They were both relieved to get to the car without further incident, and away from the mall.

It didn't take long before they had returned to the dorms. Marcus was silent, glancing over nervously at an equally silent Amy. Neither knew exactly what to say, though Marcus finally broke the silence with "Thank you." Amy nodded, blushing slightly as she did so. Slowly they went inside the building and towards Amy's room, neither of them ready to talk much yet, though they both continued to nervously look over their shoulders. It was only once they were back inside the safety of Amy's room that they let out a simultaneous sigh of relief.

"That was horrible." Amy said finally, her face still a little pale from the shock. "We've got to call the police."

"And tell them what?" Marcus sneered, "That we don't know the guy's name?" He sighed, thinking about it. "Actually, I saw him earlier and remember him saying something about being in a comparative religion class. That should help narrow things down pretty good."

"Yeah." Amy agreed, though at the moment neither of them reached for the phone. Instead they continued to look at each other, each facing the reality of just how close they might have come. And right in the middle of a mall as well, without a single person coming to their help.

Marcus shuddered at the memory, feeling the adrenaline still pumping through his body but not being excited by it in the least. Not like he normally was. Instead, he felt ashamed. Dirty. How could that bastard try doing something like that to him? And then he remembered how he couldn't even shift out and felt a surge of anger, this time directed at an entirely difference source than his attacker. The same source that put him in that body in the first place.

With a loud sigh, Marcus looked over at the bags of "stuff" he'd bought earlier. As exciting as it had been then, it just didn't seem quite as much so now. "I've gotta get going." He suddenly told Amy, no longer in the mood for makeup lessons. At least not at the moment. "I don't feel like those lessons you promised right now. I just want to be alone for awhile."

"All right." Amy said in a slightly disappointed though understanding voice. Then to Marcus's surprise, she leaned over and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a hug before she pulled back and said, "I'll see you later Angel."

"Sure." Marcus promised, "I'll see you tomorrow." Then with that, Marcus waved goodbye and was out the door, heading to the room that he'd gotten started calling his own. As soon as he arrived in it, he stopped and looked around, remembering his own room....his old room, and realizing that he hadn't even been there that day. It had been the first day since his transformation that he hadn't been in his old room. "I guess I'll get used to it." he told himself quietly as he set his bags down and leaned up against the wall, relieved to be safe at last.

After a minute, Marcus was startled to hear a knock on the door. "Amy?" He asked, half expecting it to be her as he opened it up. Instead, Marcus was almost surprised to see his old body standing there, the blonde hair uncombed and the face looking worried. "Angel?" Marcus asked, opening the door wider to let her in, "What are you doing here?"

Angel immediately came in, her eyes looking nervously about. "Are you all right?" she asked. "I know something happened. I could feel it. Were you hurt at all? What happened?"

Marcus took a step back and stared at Angel. "What?"

Looking just a little calmer, Angel explained, "I could feel you in danger. What happened?"

"I was damn near raped." Marcus snarled furiously. "And your damn boss wouldn't even let me shift out." Angel looked stunned at that. "But what business is it of yours anyway? It's not like you're my guardian angel anymore, is it? What the hell can you do?" As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Marcus wished he hadn't said them. But he had. And by the look on Angel's face, he knew that the reminder had hurt her.

"But I am." She said quietly, almost in a whisper. "No matter what happens to me, I'll always be your guardian...." At this, Marcus was surprised to see tears coming out of her eyes. "I'm supposed to protect you, and I can't even do it right anymore. I'm so sorry...." Then with that, Angel turned and ran out the door and down the hall. Marcus called out after her, but she didn't show any sign that she heard.

"I'm sorry." he whispered to himself, tears coming down his own cheeks. "I'm sorry." But it was too late for that. Feeling absolutely horrible, about what had happened to him earlier and what he'd said to Angel, Marcus threw himself onto the bed and his face into the pillow, then he let his tears flow.

Guardian Angel II
part 3 of 4
By Morpheus

Over the next several days, Marcus and Angel barely spoke a word to each other, in spite of the fact that they had all the same classes and sat next to each other in most of them. Marcus couldn't bring himself to look Angel in the eyes, feeling too guilty about what he'd said. The whole time since their change, she'd been the one who'd accepted it, who'd given Marcus the strength to accept it as well. But now....now he could tell that even Angel was being torn apart, and it was his fault.

As soon as the last class had let out on Friday, Marcus glanced over at Angel, seeing that she was about to say something, but then stopped, the same as she'd done several times over the last few days. He'd done the same himself. Marcus quickly turned his eyes away, refusing to look her in the eye though it was what he wanted more than anything. Without a word he left the classroom, and as soon as he was out of sight, he shifted out and started flying back to the dorm.

Once Marcus was in the air, he flew up high then dived back down again for old times sake, though this time it just wasn't the same. There wasn't the same thrill that he so loved. Instead, all he could do was think of his situation. Of how he'd spent the last several days with Amy, becoming even better friends with her. He'd even been learning how to use makeup and walk in those 3 inch heels he'd bought. But still, he had no idea what Angel thought about that or his new clothes. That left an empty ache inside of him and Marcus wasn't sure how to fix it.

Marcus sighed, forcing his mind away from Angel, or at least trying to. But still, he couldn't help but thinking of what had happened to them. He frowned as memories of his attackers words came back to him. "God is a tyrant." Marcus grimaced, remembering just how close his own predicament came to proving that. He had not only been punished for someone else breaking the rules, but God would have let him be raped rather than let him break another rule. Anger rose up inside of Marcus. Was this really the same God that he'd grown up with? The same one that Angel still seemed so loyal and trusting of? Marcus didn't know, but there was a great deal that he didn't know anymore.

"Enough of that." Marcus growled at himself, still feeling rather angry at what had been done to his life but refusing to think about it anymore at the moment. He had spotted his dorm building down below and quickly swooped down towards it, passing through the wall and shifting back in within mere moments. "That should do it." Marcus said, glancing behind himself just to make sure that his wings were indeed invisible. Sometimes he felt like everyone had to be able to see them and had to remind himself that they couldn't.

Several minutes later, Marcus had gone inside of Amy's room and listened quietly as she complained about how one of the boys she was interested in hadn't asked her out yet. "It's obvious that he likes me." She pouted. "Why doesn't he have the balls to ask me out?"

Marcus smiled faintly at this since Amy's problem distracted him from his own. "Maybe he's shy." Marcus pointed out calmly, remembering this same story from the other side. How many times had he been unable to ask out a girl he liked or had one of his friends complain about not being able to. "Maybe he thinks you're already spoken for or wouldn't be interested in him." Marcus put a hand on Amy's shoulder, "Have you given him any reason to really think that you like him?"

Amy took a step back and gave Marcus an odd look. "Just who's side are you on here?" But before Marcus could answer, she said, "I've flirted with him a few times."

At this, Marcus nodded knowingly. "He probably thought you were just being a tease. A lot of guys are afraid of rejection. If you're really interested in the guy, maybe you should ask him out."

"I don't know..." Amy protested, "If he's not interested enough..."

"If you're don't have the guts to ask him, then don't blame him for not asking you." Marcus looked at Amy, beginning to feel annoyed. She suddenly reminded him of all the times he'd had friends get hurt by girls rejection. He hadn't had that problem himself too much, but he definitely knew how hard it was sometimes to ask a girl out. Then a little calmer, Marcus said, "Just try to see things from his point of view. The guy's probably a little intimidated, though I doubt he'll admit it."

Amy nodded thoughtfully. "Maybe you're right. I'll think about it."

"That's all I can ask." Marcus told her, feeling a little bit embarrassed now at having played matchmaker.

For the next several moments, both looked at each other quietly. Finally Amy asked, "And what's up with you and your boyfriend? You haven't introduced me and I've noticed the way you're avoiding him. What's the matter? Did you have a fight?"

Marcus gasped, "Boyfriend?" He gulped, already knowing that she was referring to Angel but not sure how to respond. "A....Marcus and I did have a bit of a fight." he admitted, feeling another surge of guilt as he said it. "I'd rather not talk about it right now though. All right?"

"All right." Amy sighed, then looking at Marcus sideways, she added, "Of course, if you really want to get back together with him but don't have the guts to take the first step....."

Marcus smiled in spite of himself. "I'll think about it."

"That's all I can ask." Amy grinned back then both startled laughing.

A short while later, Marcus and Amy were talking about things that were less important, though Marcus still enjoyed it. Amy was helping him adjust to his new body and life, and she wasn't even aware of it. It left him feeling a little bad that he couldn't tell her who he really was, but he knew that she'd never believe it. After all, he certainly didn't look anything like a guy anymore.

Then suddenly, while in the middle of a sentence, Marcus stopped and stared at the wall. Something was wrong. He was sure of it. Somewhere in the back of his mind, there was a screaming, sending shivers all down his spine.

"Are you all right Angel?" Amy asked in concern, though Marcus barely heard her.

Instead, Marcus was trying to make some sense of what he was feeling, then his eyes went wide as he realized what it was. "Angel." He whispered in horror, knowing without a doubt that she was in trouble. Then remembering where he was, Marcus looked at Amy, seeing the look of concern and confusion on her face. "Sorry." He told her quietly, "I've got to go."

"What's wrong?" Amy asked but Marcus didn't answer.

He jumped to his feet and called a quick goodbye before running out the door, immediately shifting out then flying straight through the wall. Marcus flew as high and fast as he could, not sure why or how, but knowing that Angel was in trouble. He could feel it and was somehow even being drawn to where she was at. Marcus's heart was racing, not from excitement but fear. Fear of what might be happening to Angel. Without questioning his instinct, he sped up, pushing himself even faster.

With moments Marcus was there. He saw Angel, standing there in his body, but surrounded by over half a dozen boys, all of them football players. Marcus gulped and flew as hard as he could at one of the boys who was holding Angel's arms and punched at him, though it did no good. Marcus's fist went right through the boy, as if he wasn't even there. With a scream of frustration, Marcus lashed out at the other boy, again with the same results. Nothing.

After a horrible moment, watching Eddie and Bobby sneering at Angel while their friends held him, he was forced to see Eddie start punching Angel again and again. Marcus screamed, trying frantically to hit them. To hit any of them. But it did no good. Nothing he did had any effect. Then it dawned on him. Marcus forced himself to step back, even though it pained him to wait that long and see Angel getting hurt. But he had to. Then closing his eyes, Marcus willed himself to shift back in.

As soon as he was shifted back, Marcus opened his eyes, wincing at the blood dripping down Angel's face. His old face. Eddie and Bobby, the boy's whom Angel had saved him from several days earlier were gloating as they and their friends lashed out at Angel.

"That's for threatening us, ass hole." Eddie sneered cruelly.

Bobby lashed out, his fist smashing into Angels gut. She bent forward and obviously would have fallen to the ground if the other boys weren't holding her. "And this is for fucking with me you shit head. Maybe now you'll learn not to mess with us."

"Leave him alone." Marcus growled out in a cold voice, forcing himself to remain calm, or at least seem that way. He glared at one boy and then the others, his hands clenched into fists. He was furious. More furious than he could ever remember being. But at the same time, he was very worried about Angel. He prayed that she was all right. She had to be. But he couldn't worry about that at the moment. He wouldn't let himself. Instead, he focused all his attention on the group of football players. "I said let him go."

"What's with the bitch?" One particularly large boy asked.

Bobby looked at Marcus, licking his lips as he did so. "So you came back for us, didn't she Eddie?" Eddie just nodded agreement, licking his own lips as he stared at Marcus with lust in his eyes.

"Cool." Eddie said a moment later, "Now we can finish up both parts of this at once. Maybe her boyfriend here would like to watch." He smiled cruelly, first at Angel and then Marcus. "I bet he'd like that."

Marcus grimaced, trying his hardest not to let them see how angry he was, or how scared. Narrowing his eyes, Marcus said, "All of you against just him? And you call yourselves tough? You're nothing more than a bunch of pathetic losers that have to team up to attack people." Then gulping, especially because of the angry looks that the football players were giving him, Marcus added, "And you obviously can't get laid without raping someone." They were definitely getting angry at this, and several of the ball players were beginning to advance on Marcus.

Angel looked up, her eyes wide in fear. "No." she called out, "Run. Please run. Get out of here." But Marcus couldn't do that. He couldn't leave her behind.

"You don't think people will find out?" Marcus asked, unconsciously taking a step back from the slowly advancing boys, "They will. You'll go to prison."

Bobby looked nervous for a moment, but it was only for the briefest of moments. Several of the others did as well, but then Bobby snarled, "No way honey. No one's gonna be testifying against us." He had a cruel, almost psychotic look in his face. "Besides, it would be all of our words against yours, and we have ways to make sure you won't be believed. After all, everyone knows your just a fuckin slut."

Marcus growled in anger, but his courage was beginning to run out. "This is the last time I'm warning you." he told them, but his voice quivered, much to his attackers delight.

Then much to the ball players surprise, and Marcus's as well, he jumped forward without thinking, kneeing one of the ball players in the groin and punching another in the throat before either of them realized that he'd moved. With another quick lash of his leg, Marcus caught a third boy in the crotch as well, then he went for the next. However by this time the boys had realized that Marcus was fighting back and his latest attack was blocked. For a moment, Marcus paused, seeing the three boys that were rolling on the ground in pain, two of them clutching their groins while the third grabbed his throat.

"You bitch!" Eddie snarled, jumping forward. Marcus automatically lashed out, punching at Eddie as hard as he could. However, when he hit Eddie, the boy hardly seemed to notice it. "Is that all you've got?" He taunted. But before Marcus could respond, he felt the hands on him from the other boys. They had him, and as much as he struggled, he couldn't get loose.

"Now you're ours." One of the boys who Marcus didn't recognize said.

Marcus gulped, glancing around frantically for some way out. He saw that several of the boys looked very uncomfortable with what they were doing, but they were obviously going to continue with it, refusing to betray their friends and being caught up in the moment. Perhaps he might even be able to get them to help him, but Marcus doubted it. Not with as quickly as he needed help. Horrified at what was obviously about to happen, Marcus braced himself for the worst, cursing himself for rushing in without thinking things through. Then he smiled faintly to himself as he realized that he had one last gamble to try.

"Now you guys are in trouble." Marcus said, forcing himself to smile and look confident. That very act surprised all the boys. They all stopped and stared at him, not sure if he was crazy or just knew something they didn't. No girl should be that confident when they had her. "Do you really think that I was stupid enough to let you guys get at me. As soon as I saw you guys beating him up," Marcus nodded towards Angel, "I called the cops. I just couldn't wait around and let you finish the job though before they got here." Marcus grinned at that, praying that his bluff worked. Half the boys looked scared, as if they'd been caught in a trap, while the other half looked disbelieving. Just when Marcus was sure that his bluff had been called, he gasped in relief at the most welcome sound that he'd ever heard. The football players all immediately started running away at the sound of the police sirens.

Angel tried standing back up, though she was obviously wobbly on her legs so Marcus quickly rushed over and helped support her. "Are you all right?" They both asked at the same time, staring into each others eyes in relief. As soon as their eyes locked, Marcus was lost in the sea of emotions that he felt for Angel. The closeness, the contact....the love.

While Marcus was holding Angel tightly, both of them crying, they were barely aware of the cops who's come out of nowhere and started arresting the football players. Not a single one of them had gotten away. Several minutes later, a tall police officer came over to where Marcus and Angel where still huddling together, asking "Are you two all right?" He looked very sincere.

"We're fine." Marcus assured him after a moment. "I think."

The cop nodded, then said, "Whenever you two are ready I need to take your statements. It's a good thing that we got an anonymous call about this a couple minutes ago."

"Anonymous call?" Marcus gasped. Someone had seen them and called the police. He sighed in relief, realizing just how close he and Marcus had come. The very thought made him shudder.

Once again the cop nodded, though he didn't go into any more details at the moment except to say that he was glad they'd got there in time. Then after Marcus and Angel had both calmed down more, the police officer took their statements and left.

Marcus watched with relief as all the police cars pulled away, each one carrying several football players in handcuffs. When he and Angel were finally left alone, Marcus sighed and looked back at Angel. "I'm sorry." he said quietly. "I didn't mean to hurt you the other day. It's been so hard for me to adjust that I guess I forgot that you weren't having an easy time of it either." Marcus looked down at the ground, feeling embarrassed but at the same time relieved to have finally said it.

"I'm sorry too." Angel said quietly. "I've spent so much time protecting you, usually from yourself." She said the last part with a smile. "But I can't protect you like that anymore, no matter how much I want to. I can't be with you every minute." Angel took a deep breath, then started to look a lot calmer, which was surprising considering the bruise and blood on her face. "I wanted a vacation, and it seems that I have it, though not in quite the way I'd imagined. But no matter what happens to me, I am and always shall be your guardian angel. At heart if in nothing else."

Marcus stared at Angel for a moment, then silently grasped her hand and started walking along with her, not particularly caring where they were going, just that they were together. After they arrived back at Marcus's old dorm room, Angel's now, they sat and talked about everything they could think of, including how impressed Angel was about the changes Marcus had made. Then finally, after having done nothing save enjoy each others presence, they fell asleep with their arms wrapped around one another.

Guardian Angel II
part 4 of 4
By Morpheus

Marcus looked at Buzz, who was holding a mug of coffee in his hand as was typical while Stu did all the work to get their bungee chord ready for the jump. He glanced over at Angel who looked slightly nervous, though she was hiding it very well. Marcus doubted that anyone but him would have noticed it, which was a good thing since if Buzz or Stu noticed, they would definitely have wondered what was up. After all, he had a reputation as a fearless action junkie for Angel to protect.

"Are you all right?" He asked Angel quietly, glancing down off of the bridge and smiling. It would be a fun jump, though not nearly as big a drop as some he'd been on, and of course nothing like his flying. Angel nodded that she was OK and Marcus whispered back, "Just remember that it's sort of like flying except instead of your wings pulling you back up, you have the chord."

Angel smiled at Marcus then glanced over the bridge. "It's odd." she whispered back. "I've flown over much greater heights, been places that would send shivers down your crazy spine, and I'm nervous over a little bridge." She chuckled. "It is a little ironic."

Then chuckling himself, Marcus added, "Are you calling us fools?"

"No." Angel responded, looking a little surprised. "Why?"

"Fools jump where angels fear to tread." Marcus answered with a straight face, though it wasn't easy. Angel just groaned.

"You guys ready?" Stu called from a short distance away. "Man, you wanna go first?" he asked, looking directly at Angel. Then to Marcus, Stu said, "Let your boyfriend here show you how it's done."

For a moment Angel hesitated, then Marcus broke in, "I'll go first." Stu and Buzz both looked a little surprised at that since they still seemed to think of him mostly as "Marcus's girlfriend."

Angel looked at them, then at Marcus. "Please be careful." she whispered to him. "I won't be able to save you if you do something stupid again."

Marcus gave her his best innocent look, knowing that it made him look angelic indeed but also that it wouldn't work on her. "Trust me." he said with a grin. Then more soberly Marcus said, "I promise I won't do anything stupid. We're just gonna have a little fun." Then beaming proudly, he winked, "You'll love it when it's your turn. It will be extreme."

"Common and hurry it up." Buzz said impatiently, coming over along with Stu. "If you two lovebirds keep whispering, we'll never get to the jump."

With a confident grin, Marcus let himself forget all about his worries and fears. He was back in his element at the moment, even if he was in a different body. Bunjee jumping was his life and his greatest thrill. At least next to flying, he reminded himself quietly. Within minutes, Marcus had himself connected properly, then to soothe Angel's fears, he made a great show of double-checking everything to prove that it was safe. Once that was done, he immediately jumped off the bridge, screaming in delight as the ground rushed up towards them then was pulled back away by the length of the chord.

Once Marcus had finished and been pulled back up by his friends, he glanced back over the bridge and frowned. It had definitely been fun, even if it hadn't been one of the biggest bridges he'd jumped from. But still, as fun as it had been and as good as the adrenaline pumping through his body felt, it wasn't quite as exciting as it normally would have been. "I guess I'm getting spoiled." Marcus told himself, thinking about how nice it would be to go flying. Now that would be exciting. Then, while Stu and Buzz were congratulating him and slapping him on the back, Marcus grinned at Angel and asked, "Who's next?"

Angel watched curiously as Buzz took his turn, then she volunteered. She was obviously still nervous, though she hid it very well from the others. Within minutes, Angel had copied the motions that she'd seen Buzz and Marcus perform to ready themselves. Double checking her harness, though she wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for, Angel went to the edge of the bridge and gulped. "Here goes nothing." She half whispered to Marcus, about to jump.

"Good luck." Marcus told her with a grin, sure that she'd enjoy it, or at least the adrenaline rush that would follow. Then he noticed something and his eyes went wide. Angel was already going over when Marcus screamed "NO!" He grabbed her and yanked back, almost being pulled over the edge along with her, though he did manage to keep from doing so, though just barely. It was with great effort that he'd pulled her back at the last minute.

"What'd you do that for?" Stu demanded, obviously annoyed. Angel was watching Marcus with a look of disbelief and confusion, as well as concern.

"What's up with her?" Buzz asked, seeming unconcerned.

For a moment, Marcus just tried catching his breath. Then finally, he pointed to where the bungee chord was anchored and whispered, "Because of that."

"Because of what?" Angel asked, not seeing what was wrong. At least not until Marcus pointed it out. "Dear lord." she whispered in horror as she stared at the spot the chord was badly frayed.

"Man, that was close." Stu said in disbelief. "I can't believe we missed it."

For the next several minutes, they all just stared at the frayed chord and then down off the bridge, realizing just how easily that chord could have snapped in mid jump. Even with the backup bungee that they used, there would have still been more risk than any of them was comfortable with.

Finally, Angel looked at Marcus and gave a weak smile. "Thanks." She whispered, obviously a little embarrassed. "It appears that you are becoming MY guardian angel." Marcus blushed at that and looked away. After a moment, Angel said, "I really don't feel like doing this right now."

"Wow!" Buzz said, "I guess that girl really has tamed our Marcus. Normally he'd just jump off anyway, probably even using that chord." Stu started laughing at this while Marcus and Angel just looked at each other and shrugged.

"Now you'll probably never want to try it." Marcus told Angel with a disappointed sigh. He had been so sure that she'd like the action, but now it appeared that he'd never find out. Extreme sports were some of Marcus's favorite things to do, especially bungee jumping, and he'd really wanted to share them with Angel. The fact that she'd always been along with him doing these things didn't occur to Marcus, only that now she'd never get to experience them herself.

Angel surprised Marcus with, "I don't know. After watching you two, I think that I really do want to try it." At this, Marcus stared at her in pleasant surprise while Angel continued, "Of course that's nothing compared to some of the things I've done." She almost sounded smug as this. "Trust me, jumping off a bridge can't be anywhere near as bad as dive-bombing Hell. Another time though. I don't feel like trying this again today."

Marcus was stunned by Angel's response, but delighted at the same time. A worm happy feeling filled him, and without thinking about it he gave her a big hug and a passionate kiss which she just as passionately returned. When they broke apart, Marcus smiled happily then blushed in embarrassment to realize that his buddies where staring at him and Angel. "Um..." Marcus coughed, "Anyone up for coffee?"

--------------------

Later that day, Marcus and Amy were walking across campus, having just left Stu and Buzz at the coffee shop while they went home. Marcus felt oddly comfortable with Angel's hand holding his own, as if he was being protected. Intellectually he knew that this was ridiculous since he was more than capable of taking care of himself but he enjoyed the feeling anyway.

However, once they got close to the place where incident with the football players had happened the day before, Marcus gulped, feeling a shiver run up his spine. He couldn't help remembering it and cringing at that memory. The feeling of helplessness as they came after him, of rage as they went after Angel. None of it was something that he wanted to think about, though that didn't stop the memories from returning.

Marcus pulled his hand away from Angel's, ignoring her curious look as he grimaced, half expecting another attack. Fortunately however, none seemed to be forthcoming, much to his relief. But still, that didn't soothe Marcus's worries. Instead, it just allowed other memories to resurface. Marcus winced once again at the remembered voice of his earlier attacker. "God is a tyrant. Punishes the innocent." With a grimace, Marcus glanced at Angel, feeling a little better but not too much. After all, neither of them would be in their mess if it hadn't been for her boss in the first place.

For several minutes they continued walking in silence as Marcus considered the anger that was beginning to build inside of him. Sure, there had been some good things to come out of his punishment, but that still didn't excuse the fact that he'd been punished unfairly and nearly raped several times as a result. Slowly the anger began to boil, though when Marcus glanced back at Angel again, he couldn't help remembering how well she'd adapted to their situation, and she'd lost even more than him, as hard as that was to believe. She hadn't complained once about losing her status as an angel, only of not being able to protect Marcus as well. With that in mind, Marcus suddenly felt guilty. How could he keep feeling sorry for himself when he'd just finished having a fun day.

Then a voice calling out distracted Marcus from his thoughts. "Hey Angel," a figure that was rushing towards him called out, "wait up." Marcus blinked, then recognized the figure as Amy.

"What's up?" Marcus asked once Amy had reached them. Amy just stood there, gasping for breath. From the jogging suit she was wearing and the sweat dripping from her forehead, it was obvious what she'd just been doing.

Amy grinned, wiping the sweat from her forehead and responding, "Just burning off dinner." Then Amy gave Marcus a long look and grinned wider. "So, aren't you going to introduce me to this hunk?"

Angel looked faintly amused at this which only made Marcus grin wider. "Amy, this is A...Marcus. Marcus, my friend Amy."

"Pleased to meet you." Angel said with an exaggerated bow that sent Amy into giggles. Then in a slightly more serious tone, though not much, Angel added, "So you're the one that's responsible for the changed wardrobe."

With a smug look, Amy responded, "Guilty as charged."

Over the next several minutes, Marcus was pleased to see his two friends talking and getting along so well. For a brief second however, he jealously hoped that they didn't get along too well, then he brushed that thought aside. Instead, he grinned and joined in on the conversation as they got to know each other a little better and slowly continued their stroll across campus.

Marcus let out a loud laugh at a joke Amy just told, though Angel was frowning slightly. "I don't get it." she said at last.

Before Angel could say anything more, Amy jokingly said, "And I thought dumb blonde jokes were just referring to the women."

Angel shrugged, "No, I just don't understand why you of all people would be making dumb blonde jokes."

"I've heard em all." Amy said with a grin, brushing her blonde hair back in an exaggerated manner. "I've got a million of them...tee hee." At that Marcus broke down and burst out laughing while shook her head but had a large grin on her face.

Then suddenly an icy shiver ran down Marcus's spine. He stopped without consciously thinking about it, glancing around nervously, sure that something was wrong but without any idea of what it could be. "What's wrong?" Amy asked in a concerned voice. Marcus didn't answer, just noticing that Angel had stopped and had an odd look on her face.

Just as Marcus was looking around, trying to figure out why he had felt something was wrong, a figure stepped out from behind the tree just ahead of them. A figure that he immediately identified as the same boy he'd overheard talking about God, and who'd attacked him in the mall. "Hello again." the boy said with a cocky grin.

"It's that bastard." Amy growled, stepping back. Marcus did the same, his whole body tensing in preparation for fighting or running.

Marcus glared at the boy, clenching his hands into fists. Then he took a step forward, having every intention of beating the crap out of that boy, when Angel's hand grabbed him by the arm, firmly and almost painfully. "No." She said. Marcus turned to demand why she'd stopped him and was startled to see that she had a look of fear on her face. He'd never seen her with that kind of look before. Now like that. Not when God was about to punish them, not when they were attacked the day before and not even at the bridge several hours earlier. That look was enough to make Marcus nervous himself.

"Look." Amy said, returning Marcus's attention to the boy. "He's got a gun." Marcus gulped to see the gun pointed right at them, and the boy had the look that he wouldn't mind using it in the least. In fact, Marcus suspected that he'd love to.

"Why are you doing this?" Marcus demanded. "Why do you keep bothering me?" He gulped, hoping that someone would arrive to help, that he could distract the boy and run away or something.

The boy just gave a cruel smile. "Don't you hate it?" he asked. "Women are inferior creatures, created for one purpose only. Don't you hate being so small and weak? Hate having those THINGS on your chest." The boy took a step forward, the gun still pointing at them. He made it very clear that they weren't to move.

"Why?" Marcus asked nervously. He glanced around, looking for anyone to come and help, but there was no one in sight. They'd gone behind one of the buildings while walking and there was no one else in sight. There weren't even any windows for someone to see them out of. "Why are you doing this?"

"And don't you hate being unfairly punished?" The boy asked without answering Marcus's question. "Having your whole life and body stolen from you, being turned into a woman."

Marcus let out a gasp of surprise, wondering who this guy could be and how he knew about their condition. Could it be a lucky guess? A coincidence?

"Who the hell are you?" Amy demanded furiously, though the sound of fear was clear in her voice as well in spite of how well she was trying to hide it.

It was Angel who answered in a quiet voice. "He's an agent of the Dark One. I can sense his corruption."

The boy just grinned wider. "And you...." he practically spat it out, staring at Angel as he did so. "Now you are like the others. Cast out by that tyrant for daring to question his orders. For having a mind of your own. Why would you be loyal to HIM when HE betrayed you. Cursed you. You belong with the others, free from his orders."

Angel looked somewhat shake. "HE has his reasons. I don't profess to know what they are, but I don't doubt that they are good ones. I'll not betray all that I am." Angel spat at the ground, looking very angry. The only time that Marcus had seen her that angry in the time that he'd known her was the very first moment they'd met, and even then she hadn't been this furious.

"What are you talking about?" Amy asked in confusion.

Marcus stared at the boy, his eyes going wide. "Holy shit." he whispered to himself. He gulped, suddenly fearing that they were in even more trouble than he'd suspected. "He's a demon?" Marcus whispered to Angel, feeling more afraid than he'd ever felt in his life.

"No." she shook her head. "Just a corrupt human agent."

"Not corrupt." the boy snarled, beginning to get angry again. "I'm a freedom fighter, a revolutionary. Unlike you, I have the courage to fight the tyrant that rules us all and has you all brainwashed. Fight him. Join the winning side...." the boy's eyes were practically glowing red and his face held a look of fanatical devotion, and pure maliciousness. Pure evil. "Or die." He left no doubt with his tone that he'd be more than eager to do the killing.

Amy stood back, looking around in confusion while Marcus just tried to keep from peeing himself. For the first time in his life, he didn't want to confront the danger facing him, didn't want to take any risk or feel the adrenaline surging through his veins. At that moment, all he wanted was to run. Being hunted by demons or even those that worked for them was more than he could handle. But he couldn't do anything now, especially not with Angel and Amy both at risk as well.

"I see that you've made up your mind." He snarled at Angel, looking as if he might shoot her at any moment. Then the boy snapped, "But you...." he looked straight at Marcus, sending shivers down his spine, "You are too dangerous. Whatever reason HE assigned a guardian angel to protect you, I won't let it happen. Since you're important to HIM, you DIE." And with that the boy with the gun started shooting.

"NO!" Marcus let out a scream, horrified at the realization that Angel had suddenly jumped forward to the boy, and in him and Marcus. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Angel rushed forward and grabbed at the boy, the loud sound of bullets firing making it even more painful. Angel staggered but grabbed at the boy who was screaming out for help from his Master. The boy continued to fire but Angel struggled with him for control of the gun. The boy's hands twisted and with one more gun shot, both Angel and the boy collapsed to the ground.

Marcus stared at them in stunned horror, too shocked to move or even think clearly. Then he cried out "ANGEL!" and ran towards her, tears pouring out of his eyes. He saw immediately that both bodies were soaked with blood, and it was more than obvious that they'd both been hit. "Amy?" Marcus asked, looking back and gasping to see that she too was laying on the ground in a puddle of blood, obviously having been hit in the scuffle as well. "NOOOO!"

With a loud scream of pain, Marcus dropped to his knees beside Angel, tears pouring down his cheeks as he tried to find a pulse. He couldn't find one, but he still thought he could feel something. Something familiar. Then Marcus gasped, somehow becoming sure that Angel was still alive, though just barely and not for much longer. He looked over at Angel for a second, wanting to check on her as well, but seeing that her chest was at least rising and falling. Amy was still alive as well, though again he didn't know for how much longer.

"Angel, please don't go." Marcus pleaded, picking her hand up in his. "I need you." Marcus closed his eyes, trying to feel the presence that he sensed, then trying to hold onto it before it faded. "I love you." Then much to Marcus's surprise, he felt an unfamiliar warm tingle run through his body. A very pleasant warm tingle that seemed to flow through him, gathering the energy that filled his body and bringing it out. He could feel the presence, Angel's life getting stronger. Marcus opened his eyes and was almost shocked to see that Angel's eyes were flickering and then opened.

Angel gasped, then sat up, wincing slightly. "I'm alive." She seemed almost surprised at that. She tore back her shirt and Marcus was startled to see that the bullet holes were gone.

"Wow." Marcus whispered in awe, amazed at how awesome he felt. The warmth was filling his body, making him feel so strong but at the same time so much at peace. It was unlike anything he'd ever felt. Unlike any adrenaline high he'd ever imagined. Then remembering Amy, Marcus stood up and walked over to her, seeing that she was still alive though fading quickly. Oddly enough, he didn't feel any sense of panic or fear at her approaching death, only concern and love.

With barely any conscious thought, Marcus leaned over and laid his hands on Amy's chest, once again feeling the warm presence inside, though this time a different one. The warm that was filling him flooded out, stretching and touching Amy, filling her and strengthening the life energy within. A moment later, Marcus was relieved to see Amy's eyes opening, smiling to know that she was alive and would make it.

"Angel?" Amy gasped in a slightly weak voice, her voice and face clearly surprised. "You're an angel...."

Marcus frowned, then looked down, noticing for the first time that his hands were glowing. More than that, his whole body was glowing with a brilliant light, just like it had been doing the first night he'd been put into it. Marcus stood up and stepped back, gasping at the realization that his wings had shifted back in as well and were now clearly visible for anyone to see, especially Amy who'd already noticed them. Marcus stared at Amy who was staring back at him in disbelief, and then down at his still glowing hands. "Good Lord." he whispered to himself, just realizing exactly what he'd done. That he'd healed two people who were nearly dead, just by touching them.

"Are you all right?" Angel asked in concern, carefully putting a hand on Marcus's shoulder. "Oh my." She said, staring at Marcus and then at Amy.

Amy just whispered. "What's going on? An angel...." She closed her eyes as if to try denying what she was seeing.

Marcus gulped then glanced skywards, knowing that he'd just broken the rules in more ways than one, but not really caring. He already knew that God would punish him for doing so, after all it was an even lesser violation from Angel that had caused them to be put in each others bodies in the first place. But instead of lighting or any sign of anger, Marcus was almost startled to have a feeling of acceptance and even approval settle over him, and he knew that it certainly hadn't come from himself. Then with a feeling of awe, he looked back upward and once again whispered, "Good Lord." no longer doubting that it was indeed true, and no longer feeling any anger towards HIM for the transformation.

Then shaking his head, Marcus returned his attention to Amy who was still sitting there with her eyes closed, looking very, very tired. "What about her?" he asked Angel.

Angel shook her head. "I don't know."

Amy did nothing but kept her eyes closed and after several minutes, it was obvious that she'd fallen unconscious again. Just sleeping, Angel had assured the worried Marcus. Marcus stared at Amy's unconscious form, feeling guilty for causing her to be injured, even if it wasn't his fault, but relieved at the same time that he was able to help her.

Marcus looked down at himself, and then at the wings that stretched out behind him. He smiled faintly, deciding that he probably looked very impressive. He could remember just how impressed he'd been seeing Angel like that for the first time, though it had only been for several minutes before...... Marcus shook his head, then looked at Angel, smiling as he looked into her eyes. Now more than ever, he was sure that the eyes were the windows to the soul and when he looked through Angel's, he liked what he saw inside, very much indeed. With neither speaking a word, they were quickly in each other's arms for a kiss, each knowing that they could count on the other unconditionally.

--------------------

Several hours later, after Marcus had made sure he once again looked like a normal human, he stood over Amy's bed as she sat up groggily. "I was really out of it." Amy admitted, looking rather embarrassed. "I mean, I almost thought you were an angel. A real one."

"Shock can do that to a person." Marcus told her pleasantly. "It's a good thing none of us were shot by that psycho, even if Marcus did jump at him." Angel shrugged, looking embarrassed herself. "The only one he hurt was himself, though he certainly did splatter his blood all over." Marcus gave a weak smile, feeling a little guilty about the lie but knowing that Amy wouldn't be able to handle the truth. Not yet at least. But who knows, he thought to himself while they talked, maybe one day....

--------------------

Elsewhere, HE was satisfied that things had gone the way they had. HE had hoped they would, but had not been sure. Where mortals and free will were concerned, not even HE could be one hundred percent certain. They had defeated the minion of the other, but more importantly, they had passed the temptation of anger and resentment, choosing instead to live with love.

It had been no mere matter of whim that HE had assigned his youngest angel as the mortal's guardian until the day his purpose was to be served. It had all been planned long ago, as had the knowledge of what HE would to with the two of them. Mortal and angel, bound together by more than their roles as guardian and guarded, but by the fact that they were true soul mates, meant for each other. However, no mortal and angel could ever produce a child together, nor would they attempt to do so. The solution had been obvious. Turn them from mortal and angel into two beings who were neither mortal or angel, but something in between. He had awaited just the right moment to do so, then let their natures decide the course, for HE could not decide for them, though HE did have to intervene several times to keep the former mortal from harm. Now there would soon be a wedding between former mortal and former angel, and the offspring of that marriage would be a special child indeed. A child of both Heaven and Earth who would one day help humanity to a new golden erra.

THE END

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Guardian Angel 2

Surprised that nobody has commented on this most excellent story of Christian Love and aceptance

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

A very different and sweet story

Good Job Morph! Although I did have problems at the beginning with the "Angel with an attitude" bit, I could see where it was headed. Overall, I think you did a great job. If it was being tailored to me (heheheeh!) I would have loved a more drawn out romantic version of this, with more in depth feeling. What you did was perfect for what you wanted, don't misunderstand me ^^ <-- Glutton for romance and I could just see so much more in the way of possibilities within the framework that you created -(Bending it towards what I live to gluttonize reading over!!! :D )

Thank you for your wonderful story and keep the words flowing. Looking forward to your next tale ^^

Sephrena

What a great story, although

What a great story, although heavenly would be more appropriate. I very much enjoyed this.
Joanna

A Morpheus story that has stuck with me over the years.

When I first read this story long ago, several things confused me. Why was the story categorized under "Crime And Punishment", when the ending reveals that the swap was actually God's plan being set in motion? Why was He angry in the first place? And why does the ending state that Angel and Marcus became "two beings that were neither mortal or angel, but something in between" when it seems that Marcus got all the supernatural abilities, and Angel lost all of hers (and seemingly became fully human)?

On giving is another read, however, the answers became clear: in order to set His plan in motion, God needed to take away Angel's angel status, which is itself a punishment; as such, He was unable to do so without reason. Angel revealing herself to Marcus gave God that reason, because she broke the rules (which did piss Him off). Furthermore, they really do become "something in between": Angel has a human body and no longer has access to her angelic powers, but she has the soul and wisdom of an angel and can sense and has knowledge of things humans don't; Marcus may have an angel's body and some heavenly powers, but he's not a full angel and is limited by a human soul and knowledge. In addition, both are now mortal and have to look out for each other; not only are they equals (in a sense), but they balance each other out perfectly. In essence, the perfect soulmates.

I can definitely tell this is an early effort. The writing isn't on par with the author's later stories, and there are a few places where the story could be better developed. For example, why doesn't God let Marcus bend the rules and phase out when he gets attacked? (The culprit already knows Marcus's situation, and Amy eventually ends up seeing Marcus's angel form anyway.) Marcus instantly losing all his anger and doubt towards God also seems a bit unrealistic, given the complexity of the situation. Issues aside, though this is still a good, memorable story and I would LOVE to see a follow-up. I imagine it'll be an easy pregnancy and birth for Marcus, and that he and Angel will make great parents (especially with Marcus's boundless energy, heh). I suspect the Devil's agents will try to harm their child in the future. It would be interesting to see how they deal with it, and the realization that their child is special and important. Sadly, I doubt Morpheus will want to revisit this universe anytime in the future...though I guess we can always hope!

A heavenly story,

If I do say so myself. Sorry I could not help myself, well I could but what's the point.