Accidental New Life - Part 6/?

Printer-friendly version

“Oh cool, I’m glad you guys are still friends.” Angel smiled, “I think between her and her cousin Casey and I look down right sexy.” Taking a moment she added, “But even more so on my end.” sticking her tongue out at Casey.

Casey blushed bright red, causing the others to start giggling all over again.

Lacy piped in, “I think you went and broke her Angel.” She giggled.

Casey stuck out her tongue. “Hey, I’ve only been ‘out’ a day. I’m not exactly used to being called ‘sexy’!” she shot back, still blushing, but starting to giggle too.

Angel hip bumped Casey, “Are you trying to tell me im not sexy?” giggling, “Because if you are you won’t want to fall asleep tonight.”

“That’s like the no-win question though,” Casey answered thoughtfully. “If I say yes, then I’m a pervert who thinks her sister’s sexy. If I say no then I’m insulting you.” She grinned.

Danielle giggled, “That’s one smart girl!”

Casey giggled again and wrapped an arm around Angel’s shoulders. “I’ll answer it this way. I think you’re beautiful, and I’ve always wished I could look and dress exactly like you.”

Angel mock-pouted. “Saved by a technicality,” she teased, and started giggling too, “But you never had to wish Casey,” giving a wink as she giggled.

“So yea, lets go get some new clothes to add to our wardrobe I guess.” Casey giggled.

The five of them left and headed to the department store section of the mall: Macy's first, and by the time the girls left the mall and headed back to the waiting school van, they hardly touched their stipend, but had a lot of fun and got a lot of clothing.

“That was amazingly fun: just what the doctor ordered,” Angel said, just as the school van pulled up front to pick them up. This time however there was another passenger in the front seat.

The girls all climbed into the van putting their bags in the back first, "Mr. Summers, your wife would get so mad at you for having a young girl in the front seat with you," Lacy teased the couple.

The woman who looked in her mid to late twenties, with long golden blonde hair laughed. “You are such a tease, Lacy.”

The woman leaned back more for the benefit of Angel and Casey, “I’m Jonelle, Bailey’s wife, and I’m also a teacher at Sunshine. You must be the new girls I’ve been hearing about?” she asked with a friendly smile..

“Yes ma’am,” they answered in unison. “I’m Casey, and this is Angel.”

Jonelle smiled, “It will be very interesting to have twins in my classes.” saying with a double meaning because there were non-users present.

“Oh, what do you teach?” Angel asked.

“Middle School English and High School History. And Bailey teaches Music and Theater for all age groups.”

“Cool!” they both answered.

Jonelle and Bailey both shook their heads at the girls stereo answers, and Jonelle glanced at Bailey “This is going to be a fun year.”

Bailey laughed. “And just think, you’ll see them twice a day.”

Casey stuck out her tongue and giggled. “Like that’s a bad thing! Just for that we ought to take Music and Theater classes too!”

Jonelle giggled. “Serves you right, hon,” she teased, causing Bailey to laugh again.

“Really though,” Bailey added as they pulled away, “If you’re interested in music or theater, be it acting, stage management, singing, songwriting, or an instrument, or anything in between I’m more than happy to either personally help, or put you in touch with someone who can.”

“What about makeup?” Angel asked thoughtfully. Bailey nodded.

“One of our graduates from a couple of years ago is now a successful makeup artist in the movie industry out in Hollywood.”

“Cool!” the twins answered together again.

Casey said thoughtfully with a giggle, “You know, before today, Angel and I didn’t do twin speak ever... I not sure why we doing it now. I kind of like it though.”

Angel nodded her head in agreement. “I agree it’s really cool, it’s like we are real twins or something.” finishing with a giggle.

Jonelle laughed, “Well you two do look like you are identical twins.” which caused Bailey to laugh as they drove down the road back to the school.

~oOo~

Several hours after dropping the girls off at their dorms Bailey and Jonelle sat in their home on the campus and looked at each other with the same thoughts.

“I think I really like those two girls. They would make a great addition to the family.” Bailey smiled at Jonelle.

“Damn it Bailey I was thinking the same thing.” Jonelle giggled. “You have us acting just like the twins!”

Bailey laughed and squeezed her hand. “I was reading their student records a bit; it’s really sad what happened to them. We should go talk to Bethany about it, and if things work out, they can continue to live in their dorm room but we will be their parents?” he finished, giving Jonelle a light kiss on the lips.

“Ok, lets go talk to Bethany.” Jonelle grinned as she helped her Bailey to stand up from his chair.

The couple walked down the path to Bethany’s office climbing the steps they stopped outside her door then they both knocked. “It’s open, and you can come in.” came a reply from the other side.

Bethany smiled at the couple as they entered, “What can I do for you two today?” These two hardly ever came up to her office without reason, which is why she loved them as teachers; they knew how to handle their students.

"Bethany we have a question for you?" Jonelle smiled at the head mistress of the school as Bailey fidgeted a bit.

Bethany nodded at the couple. "Sure Jonelle, what can I do for you two today?"

Jonelle and Bailey both took a seat and smiled at Bethany, "Well Bailey and I were talking earlier after we brought the girls back from town, and well, I know it's a bit soon, but we want to know if we could start the paperwork to adopt Angel and Casey."

Bethany looked a little shocked, "I know you two have been trying to have kids of your own, don't you two think you should try to adopt one of the younger children?"

Bailey took this time to speak up, "Well we thought about that too, what if we do have our own child, this will give us a perspective of how to raise our child when it becomes a ‘tween and older." smiling at Bethany.

Bethany thought about it for a second then smiled, "I don't see why not. Let the girls get to know you better, but we can get the paperwork rolling now if you want. That way later down the road it won’t be so difficult." Turning around she went through her filing cabinet to pull out some generic adoption starter paperwork that she kept around because of the state.

Jonelle and Bailey both looked over the paperwork, and filled out the names of the girls, and their names signing it on the pages they needed to, “Say why is it you keep these around?” Bailey chuckled.

Bethany laughed, “It’s state and federal regulations, Ashleigh makes sure I keep at least a half dozen copies of these in my cabinet. So if you two are done, I’ll fax these over to her office and you two can go and get to know Angel and Casey and also let them know what you are up to.” the two left as Bethany started to fax off the paperwork.

A few moments after another knock on her door followed. “Come in it’s unlocked.” Bethany called out.

The door opened and a man in his mid to late thirties walked in with raven black hair, green eyes, standing around 6 foot 5 inches tall, wearing a black business suit. Bethany already knew who this man was because she was the persona of love. Her face fell a bit because she hoped to never meet him. “What can I do for you Sir?”

The man gave an evil grin, “I’m here about a set of twins that I would like to adopt and give a loving home to.”

Bethany sighed, “Angel and Casey I take it, and I will have to tell you then Sir, that they are already spoken for.”

The man frowned at Bethany, “You can call me Eric Johnson, and that is too bad, as I could have given them everything they ever desired.”

“There’s more to this world than material possessions, Mr. Johnson. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a school to run. Good day.”

Eric nodded his head, “As you wish, but before I leave, can you tell me the name of the lawyer who is handling the adoption? If not I can find out the hard way.”

“That would be Ashleigh McGreagor - and in the future, I recommend against idle posturing. It wastes your breath, and others’ time. You and I both know that information is publicly available. Now I’ll ask you politely to leave. Do not make me call security.”

Eric nodded his head again not wanting to cause waves yet, and turned to leave, “Good day ma’am” leaving the office and teleporting in plain daylight to the office of McGreagor.

“Mother I know you can hear me; could you please come! I need you!” Bethany sighed almost in tears. The evil and hate that Eric spewed from himself almost tore Bethany’s heart out.

Rather than the brilliant flash of light that signified Eric’s teleportation, Faith’s began as a subtle, warm glow in the corner of the room, growing only slightly brighter until she fully materialized, a second or two later.

Faith smiled at Bethany, “Hello my Princess; you called me?” she giggled softly unaware at the moment of Bethany’s trouble then she felt it and frowned.

Bethany frowned. "Mom, I need to talk."

"I know, little one. It's about the bad man isn't it?" Faith asked as she stepped closer.

"Yes," Bethany practically hissed.

"I can't directly interfere,” Faith answered gently.

"But he's abusing magic!" Bethany whined.

Faith nodded. "Yes, and there are checks and balances in place to deal with him if he goes too far - including the girls themselves.” She paused for a moment in thought. “Remember our earlier discussion about free will?”

Bethany nodded slowly. “Yeah, but... He wants to control them. I could FEEL the hate rolling off him.”

“Being evil isn't necessarily an abuse of power, though. Eva was evil and abusive of her power, and I punished her. Make sure the girls are trained, and things will stay in balance. Keep them protected until they’re ready.

“I can tell you that Bailey and Jonelle will make great parents for them.” Faith smiled, “I think you will need to do something about a summer study program for your Magic using students. Talk it over with Jonelle and Bailey they will both agree I’m pretty sure.”

Bethany nodded, “I’m sorry I question you all the time mother. It’s just that I don’t have the insight like you do with how the world works yet, I’m sure Kris and Marry don’t question you as much as I do.”

Faith laughed. “Darling, have you already forgotten what happened this last summer with Jennifer? I thought Kris wanted to punch me. I really should have considered giving him War.”

“I’m not saying they don’t but I seem to be questioning you far more then I should be.” Bethany sighed.

Faith stepped closer, and suddenly Bethany was in her true form. A moment later the reason became apparent, as Faith reached out to cup her face in her hands, leaning closer to kiss her forehead.

“There are no bad questions, and there are no wrong ones. Marry and Kris rarely question my motives, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them - or you - to do so. You’re inquisitive, and a free spirit. It is one of the things I love about you. It is also why I chose you to be Love. Your free spirit, your willingness to question my intent, is part of what makes you who you are. I promise you, the truth behind this man, this Eric Johnson, will be revealed very soon.”

Bethany smiled at Faith with love in her eyes, “I always feel so much better after we talk mother, I’m sorry I doubt myself sometimes.”

Faith giggled, and a wicker rocking chair just seemed to materialize behind her as she sat down, pulling Bethany along with her right into her lap. “You have nothing to apologize for. Kris and Marry were older when I took them. I wanted to avoid the same mistake with you, so I brought you into the fold before you would have suffered as they had.

“The cost was that, in many ways, you are still a child, full of uncertainty in yourself. But I will always be here to catch you and to help you, to hold you if you need or want it,” she added with a soft grin.

“Did Marry and Kris really die at that asylum?” Bethany asked with sadness in her eyes.

“Yes Marry was shot in the back of the head for trying to escape, and Kris died getting a lobotomy, I wasn't able to save them from that. I will never make that mistake again.” Faith looked sad as she told Bethany.

Bethany frowned, snuggling into Faith’s shoulder. “I’m sorry that you had to let them die mom.”

Faith smiled at Bethany and kissed her forehead again, “It is something I deal with child everytime I look at those two. But I still love them and they love me.”

“I’ll have a magical staff meeting tomorrow then Mother, Thank you for coming and rescuing me from that.” Bethany smiled as she kissed Faith on the cheek.

“Good because after I need to have a meeting with you, Kris and Marry, It’s time I told you some more things about the universe.” Faith sighed.

up
126 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This was fun. I really didn't

This was fun. I really didn't expect Bailey and Jonelle appear here :)

I wonder if the twins will go to the magic school.
Thank you for writing,
Beyogi