A New Life Part 4

Printer-friendly version


A New Life



Part Four



By Jacquimac

Chapter Four Continues Here

Back at the hotel we ate in our suite after ordering from room service, once we finished and the dishes collected by the staff we both bathed and changed into our nightdresses.
"Well I never expected Mabel to react like that, you've always been her favorite you know from the minute you were born, she always said you were different from the other boys and it looks like she was right," said Mum.
"At least it's saved you and Dad a packet," I replied.
"Money was no option and you know that, so that remark was uncalled for," retorted Mum.
"Sorry Mum, I didn't mean it that way, but all this is costing a load of money," I replied.
"Money isn't a problem, we're pretty well off that way, and we have put large sums into trust funds for you and your brother, but enough of that." she said.
"Next weekend there is going to be a big family get together so we'll be going to Jackson Manor for the week, the family on both sides will be there and they have been told what was planned and want to meet you," said Mum.
"Will Uncle Charlie be there?” I asked.
"Yes he'll be there and don't worry he won't cause any trouble for you, not after what Aunt Mary has done to him and don't ask you'll see when we get there," smiled Mum. And with that we both retired for the night
The next day, Mum asked me where I wanted to go; I suggested the cheaper high street shops to get dresses, skirts, tops and etc.
That I could work in and it wouldn't matter so much if they got stained. She also thought it was a good idea. The dresses I was getting from Aunt Mabel were for everyday wear, but not for cleaning and doing laundry where they would get dirty rather quickly.
We spent three days shopping and a van and driver was hired to take everything home for us, we had way too much to carry in the car, I was more worried that I had somewhere I could keep it all but Mum assured me that there was enough wardrobe and dresser space for everything with room left over for more. All in all I doubt if we spent more than a few hundred pounds in total, I hadn't been expecting any wages for a couple of weeks but Mum had put over a thousand pounds in my handbag saying that it was money they owed me for looking after the house for the last few months and that a lot more had been placed into my bank account.
We arrived home in the early afternoon. Mum must have called ahead as all the women in the neighborhood were waiting to greet us, and boy did they fuss over how I looked. Several helped us unpack the van and take it all upstairs to my room where they soon got busy hanging things up, putting stuff in drawers and other spaces they found. When they finally left I felt I could relax, I expected a few derisive comments but none came.
As we had done the shopping to get whatever clothing and etc., I would need to begin the next phase of my life, I suggested that Mum might want to get back to work and see what new cases she had to deal with, a suggestion that she accepted.
The family had all left for the Office and once again I had the house to myself and after doing the washing up, I carried on with my normal routine, the laundry hadn't been allowed to build up and Dad along with my brothers had kept the house clean so there wasn’t really a lot of extra work to do.
Around lunch time Wendy and Mavis who lived either side of us came and asked me to join the rest of the woman at the Community Center for their monthly lunch. At first I was a bit uneasy about the invite until Mavis assured me that as I was now considered one of the girls I should join them, so I accepted.
When we entered heads turned and I was greeted with a round of applause and a few compliments on my dress sense and make-up so we ate and chatted and a good time was had by all. Well almost, the only one to blight the lunch was Sophia who had to come with some inappropriate comment that I didn't quite fit here but Wendy did. "What the hell is the matter with you Sophia, you didn't object when Jackie’s parents had a meeting with us all, no wonder both your husband’s left you with your sour attitude you have these days. Just back off and let the girl alone she doesn't need a hard time from someone like you," stormed Wendy.
"Sophia, you don't have to like what I'm doing or me as a person, I didn't hear what you said but if it bothers you that much just ignore me." I said.
Quite a few others told Sophia off and she stormed from the room, she was one of the older women in the neighborhood and fun enough. When her youngest daughter Lysa got married, she asked me to be a bridesmaid as they were short one, a request which I carried out for her.
The next few days nobody saw Sophia around much and suspected she was just keeping out of the way, but no she went to visit Lysa and inform her off what was happening.
When we did see Sophia again she was accompanied by a very pregnant Lysa and apologized for her behavior. Lysa after she had been told what was going on, apparently told her Mum in no certain terms that her actions were out of order.
"Jackie, I'm glad you’re going to experience a big change in your life being a woman isn't easy for those of us that were born female but you are doing this by choice and it will be harder for you." said Lysa.
"I realize that, but I at least have to give it a try, after all, I can go back to living as I was before," I replied.
"Maybe so, but will you want to go back to your former life style. Anyway never mind that, you're looking terrific it seems womanhood is agreeing with you," said Lysa.
"Believe it or not, I feel I'm more accepted by everyone now, well the adults anyway," I replied.
"I gave Mum a piece of mind when she told me what she said about all this, seems she forgot you were one of my bridesmaids and at her request, but I don't think she'll give any more trouble. You always did look feminine no matter what you wore or were doing so maybe your parents are right that you experience the other side of the sex barrier. But I can't ever see you reverting back to a male life if I can be honest with you," said Lysa.
"Well time will tell, but I have to be honest with myself and admit that female clothing does fit me better and I like the freedom dresses and skirts give me and the feeling of the much softer fabrics, so I somehow get the feeling that a woman’s life is going to be my lot in life." I replied
"Well if you need a friend or some advice you can always give me a call," said Lysa.
I saw a lot of Lysa over the next few days and we became close friends, but all too soon she had to get home to her husband and a hospital appointment as the baby was due in a couple of weeks.
Sophia changed considerably and slowly became friends with everyone, she still had a bit of a superior attitude but we all just ignored that flaw.
Mum came home early from work saying she wanted to talk me and it was important.
"You don't need to worry about a bust with what you've got up top, but now the weather is getting warmer have you thought about if you want go sunbathing or swimming?” She asked.
"Never gave it much thought?" I replied.
"Well I've been talking with Dr Scott and she informs that there is procedure where with a little minor surgery they can tuck everything away and give you the appearance of having a vagina so you could wear a bikini if you wanted to and it's reversible," she said.
"Not on the NHS I hope? I answered.
"No we could have it done privately and you'd only be in hospital a couple of days at most." said Mum.
I thought about it for a few minutes.
"Ok why not, I look like a girl everywhere else so why not down below as well," I replied.
"Good, I hoped you would see from a female point of view, I'll ring the Doctor and get her to set things in motion," she said as she started dialing the number.
**********************************
To be continued…..
 © Jacquimac/Jacqueline McConnell 2012 All Rights Reserved

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder

What is going on here. Looks like someone is being set up. Is there an inheritance that can only be claimed by a male or something?

A New Life Part 4

Just how feminine is Jackie? How tall is he/she?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice Jacqueline!

Jackie seems to be handling this transition very well. I wonder if there's more to Jackie's medical condition than his/her parents are letting on? Maybe she's more female internally than she knows? Looking forward to the following chapters..... (Hugs) Taarpa