Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 21

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad.
part 21.

I shivered as the sleeper stirred, then we both gasped. A light was suddenly switched on. "What the hell are you doing?"

I don't think I have ever felt so embarrassed in all my life, although the way things were going since being knocked off my bike, it could well happen.

"I erm," I was now blushing so much I was in danger of spontaneous human combustion, in some ways I'd have welcomed it because it would have changed the subject - 'Oh dear have to go, I'm on fire!'. I tried to activate my vocal cords again, "I erm, seem to have come into the wrong bedroom," I blushed even redder to emphasise the point.

Stella was now sitting up in bed looking at me very suspiciously. "I don't know whether I believe you or not," she said tersely. "It's one a bloody clock."

"I'm sorry, it was an accident. I didn't put any lights on to try not to disturb anyone."

"Simon, you mean," she sniggered.

I blushed even hotter and felt close to swooning, except I didn't have any corsets to loosen. I nodded, unable to speak for the moment.

"I suppose I should believe you after you ran away from me in the pub," she said smiling as she remembered my panic. "Next time you go to the bathroom put your light on."

I was already withdrawing towards the door, blushing and nodding agreeing with everything she said. If she had accused me of mass murder or starting the First World War, I'd have agreed just to get out of her room in one piece.

"Goodnight," she said as I undid the lock and opened the door as quietly as I could. I mumbled something in response which could have been anything. I couldn't understand it, so if it meant anything to her she'd obviously had more imagination than I thought.

I found a light switch on the landing and clicking it gently examined the two remaining doors. I wasn't out of the woods yet and I certainly didn't want to get the wrong bedroom again.

I stood outside another door and listened, I thought I could hear snoring from within. I went to the next door and thought I could hear snoring there too. Oh shit! I prayed that Simon locked his door, but it was unlikely in his own home. Then again, in this house anything was possible.

I went back to the first of the two doors, there was a definite noise emanating from behind the door. Then the noise changed and I knew which door was mine. I confidently opened it and put on the light, then nipped out and switched off the landing light. Back inside the room I locked the door again. I listened and in the relative quiet heard the noise from Simon's room again. It was unmistakeably a man's room, the noises were farts! I chuckled to myself and went back to bed.

It was impossible to sleep, my heart was racing and in the emotional tension I felt, I began to laugh quietly and uncontrollably. My eyes were streaming with tears as I giggled myself into virtual insanity. The whole thing was ludicrous I would have told myself, except I couldn't stop laughing and was now holding the bedclothes in my mouth to stop any noise. If I had been observed by some shrink or mental health professional, I'm sure they'd have sectioned me there and then.

I'm not sure how long my hysterical episode lasted but the clock by the bed showed two in the morning. I was going to be a wreck. I was exhausted but not sleepy and as well as my minor injuries, my fractured skull from the toilet door, my stomach muscles ached too from laughing and my nightie was all wet from sweat and tears. Life was not getting any easier.

I lay on the bed and must have dozed a while because it was getting light and the clock showed six. I wondered what time they woke or got up. I yawned and closed my eyes because they were so tired and prickly and must have slept again.

I was dreaming, I was in a prison and there was a huge troll loose in the place. My door was locked and I could hear him beating on different doors and walls and calling in a deep voice for the occupants to open the doors. Suddenly the door on my cell resounded with bangs and knocks, I nearly shat myself. I cowered down as low as I could hoping it would go away and leave me safe. Instead the knocking continued....

"Cathy, there's a coffee out here, wake up if you want a lift, I'm off in forty minutes," said Simon's voice. It relieved me to realise it wasn't a troll, but I was still nervous as I tried to get my sleepy brain back into working order.

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Phew, what a relief.

OK I admit it I was really hoping that Cathy would not be getting into bed with Simon. However given her run of luck that was what I was expecting.

Now if we could just get Cathy interested in someone. No, not Simon! I'm voting for Cathy and Stella unless Angharad had someone else that's going to be introduced and vie for Cathy's affections.

What's the general feeling? Stella, Simon or none of the above?

hugs,

Arwen

Cathy, ( and you), really have some imaginations

Lots of twists and turns, but I'm sure Cathy will eventually come to grips with herself.
All this flightiness, well some of it at least, must be from the original bike/car accident, right?

Arwen, I hope Cathy doesn't go overboard on her first few days getting this deep as Cathy.
I'm not saying we need a day by day, blow by blow account of all the days before something happens, but I hope she has some time to get her feet more firmly panted before something like you're suggesting happens.

Simon? Not right now, at least. But he does seem like a fairly decent guy. He's worse ? in her imagination, than what we've seen so far. Maybe later, after they have both had a chance to get to know each other better. Let's let Angharad tell us

Holly

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness.
It usually comes back to you.

Holly

Not overboard, but something special

I don't want her to go overboard either. I guess in a way I'm remembering when I was taking my first tentative steps. Someone like Stella pushing me a bit would have sped things up by years. If that had happened then I think I would be a lot more outgoing now. Not having so many false starts and having to back up again so to speak. Having someone to support you and educate you can be so critical to our growth, and we usually have so much growing up to unlearn and to learn.

As for Stella over Simon? Well what can I say? Um, that's just the way I am mainly attracted so that appeals to me more. Probably more than you wanted to know.

Besides, I'm just speculating. If I think I've got a bit of plot figured out I usually keep my mouth shut in public forum so I don't spoil anything for others, that is if against all odds I am right.

hugs,

Arwen

Shock

Poor Cathy is still in shock IMO. It's stressful enough just biking in conditions like she did. Then to be in an accident where miracles she walked away but her prize procession was pretzeled? To further add stressors Stella's pushing her into something she wants but fears as well because of anxieties. Just any one of them would have most of us shaking afterwards, but we also have Simon who is convinced she is all girl. Okay she was able to put herself back together for a little while but here comes act two!
Cathy, Cathy, Cathy, *shakes head sadly*
Hugs!
grover

Have to agree with Grover

Diesel Driver's picture

Definitely still in shock. Should have had them take her straight home but then where would the story have gone? I'm sure Angharad could have found a way to make that fun too.

Chris

Pretzelled

Both Cathy and her bike seem to be in the same state

short chapters

Wow, no wonder you have 5000 chapters