X-Why-Me...Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

X-Why-Me…Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emily went to bed quiet and pretty despondent. Everything she’d know had just been tossed into chaos. She tried to get to sleep but every time she did her mind kept going over the stuff that had happened.

XY…

XY…

Genetic male.

But she wasn’t a boy, dammit she wasn’t!

Tears came and she’d sleep to bad dreams nightmares of getting hairy, of her small chest fading to real flatness, of her growing this disgusting flopping hanging thing between her legs.

Of standing in front of the class in a skirt and it flopping out of her panties and people pointing and staring.

Or having a boner and the same thing happening.

XY…

XY…

Two little letters ruining her life.

It took a huge effort to get up out of bed and to shower and get ready. God she had this almost perverse urge to raid her sister’s closet and go to school as frilly and as girly as possible.

Instead she just wore her usual style of clothes….comfy capris, sneakers and a cute t-shirt she had wished she’d fill out better…she even debated putting on make-up but she wasn’t really much of a make up kind of girl.

Depressingly she thought. ~Now I know why. ~

She’d always been a Tomboy; she was always small but kind of athletic she sighed and got her book bag and she trudged upstairs. She went for her usual coffee and her mother was up looking hung-over and she stared at her. They stared at each other.

“That’s what you’re wearing?”

“Uhm…yes?”

“Go change, wear a dress or a skirt…no more sneakers either that’s…that’s just…”

“Mom…”

“Go! Dammit I’m not having you parade around like some transsexual freak, you’re my daughter it’s about time you dress and act like it!”

Emily ran to her room crying…she passed her sister in the living room hall and she was smirking…

~Oh Christ she knows!~

She slammed her door shut and locked her door and slid down it crying…why? Why was her mom being so cruel to her? Didn’t she know that this hurt her as much as it did her…that she wanted to be that girl her sister was?

Well aside from being a bitchy little social climber.

Her mother came downstairs and began to hammer on the door ten minutes later.

Emily opened the door…blouse…that made her feel even flatter than she was which is why she never wore it and a skirt with Mary Janes. “Better…go on and get to the bus stop, here’s a twenty get breakfast at school.”

She took the bill and put it in her book bag and she left the house without a word. Her stepdad must be working.

Her make-up wasn’t that good she was sure of it and it felt like a weight on her face…she felt open and vulnerable and really hurt.

XY…

XY…

Did her mother hate her?

She looked at her sister who was actually made up really well and filled out her clothes…she was wearing jeans…and she filled them out with that perfect boy magnet heart shaped firm ass and her curvy hips offset by her bare midriff.

She gave Emily this look and a small little smile that was almost dismissive…like she was laughing at her without making a sound and Emily could almost hear her saying. ~Go ahead look, stare, want…you’ll never, ever be like me. ~

She even seemed to flow onto the bus when it pulled up and she went to her friends in the popular crowd.

But it started there…then…every seat she passed the kid in it said… “Dude…”

And it was the same thing at school.

They knew, they all knew…people she thought were her friends avoided her or called her “Dude.” Too.

Or “Pervert.”

Or “Freak.”

She got stares from the faculty.

Condoms in her locker.

Spat on by some of the holy roller kids.

There wasn’t even any LGBT help; it was like she had contracted leprosy.

The she ran into Jack who she hadn’t seen all day at the end of lunch and he was bruised and had a bloody lip.

“Jack? Oh my god what happened?”

He glared at her then yelled at her. “You! You fucking well happened! You lied to me, lied to all of us and this is how you fucking….aaah treat people?!”

She tried to touch him. “Jack I didn’t know, I’m still the same…………ooww!!!”

He punched her in the face…

She’d never been hit before in her life….it hit sooo hard…and fast…she heart something make this crackling sound…and there was so much blood! She was gagging on it as it poured down her throat and tears blinded her.

He hit her…

XY…

XY…

~He punched a guy didn’t he?~
Emily couldn’t stop crying…even when jack kicked her in between her legs screaming at Emily. “I’m not a faggot!”

She kept on crying….bawling…

She heard some guys close by laughing.

“Fag-fight!”

“Yeah!”

“Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack sure loves to suck the dick!”

Jack screamed and kicked her twice more…

She heard him leaving…screaming chasing someone, someone touching her…her sister…? It smelled like Angie’s perfume.

She freaked out and tried to swat her away…screaming…just screaming slapping and kicking and trying to defend herself.

Angie kept trying to hold her sister….that point driven home by the sounds she was making…the hurt, crying wail that only comes from a woman’s heart.

“Some one call 911!”

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'll try not to cliffhanger this too long.

And will try to squeeze in some more time here.
*Great Big Angle Hugs.*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

What's the Matter With These People?

littlerocksilver's picture

This has to be an awful thing to be experiencing, even without all the family problems piled on top of it. It's not her fault, dammit. PAIS is due to two recessive genes. One from the mother and one from the father. She is blameless.

Jack should be put in jail for a long time. I see absolutely no hope for redemption. I'm going to go back and refresh my memory, but how did the word get out in the first place?

I fault the doctors for not handling this situation properly. What a horrid thing to do to this child. She needs to get away from this family now, and be put into a supportive family.

Bailey, you're tearing my heart out.

Portia

It doesn't matter that it was not her "fault"

Jack should get the exact same penalty for attacking someone with CAIS as for attacking someone going through their RLT or some random hetrosexual with no medical issues (and yes a few years in jail does sound like the right penalty).

If you raise the issue of whose fault it is for her appearing female then first you justify every gay bashing attack and every attack on a known transsexual (because after all it was their fault) and second you just cleared Jack of any wrong doing since he didn't know it wasn't her fault so you can't really blame him - at least if you introduce the issue of the victim's fault you can't.

Blame

littlerocksilver's picture

My comment concerning fault dealt only with the CAIS/PAIS issue. She was being 'blamed' by her mother for an inherited trait. It's the same as Henry VIII blaming his wives for not giving him sons. It's like blaming someone for having blue eyes. Of course it's not her fault anymore than it's someone's fault for being gay or transgendered. The actions against her by all those idiots is unconscionable. It's the basest form of hate.

What went on in this chapter whether real or imagined, raised my blood pressure to new levels, and it was too high to begin with. Like others have mentioned in the comments, she doesn't fit the profile of a true CAIS/PAIS individual. They are usually tall, busty, and very feminine, ala Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, Katherine Hepburn (not so busty), and others. Not to say they are, but it has been proposed by some.

Portia

Blame has next to nothing to do with kids today.

I'm stealing a line from another story. "Some of these kids would eat their own young."
And this isn't the best of areas for tolerance.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

All the worst of humanity

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

All the worst of humanity mixed with the stupidity of being a teenager. Yeah, I'm crying. Again. *sniffle*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Teenagers are human? You gotta wonder at some of them.

There's some seriously messed up things with the kids of today. I've seen kids involved with a swarming attack respond to why with. "I don't know."
Yeesh.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

What the hell is wrong with people?

Angie is probably the information vector, and can, perhaps, be excused because she's 13, but it's still pretty rotten. There's no excuse for the behaviour of their mother, though. As for the rest of school, the kindest thing that could be said of them is they're idiots.

Absolutely no excuse.

From the mother to the other kids and especially Jack.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

This chapter had a strongly sureal feel to it IMHO

SO was this her stumbling in a shocked daze thought the day from hell? In which case little sis should go to children's court and then reform school until she is 25. Mom to jail for a few months and Jake to the big house for 10 to 15 years and so on. Plus knowing mom was drunk as a skunk and his stepchild's devastating medical diagnosis, why would he simply go to work? He can't take a comp day off?

The number and near totality of rabid attacks/hate seems WAAAAY too much too soon. Sounds more like a nightmare/nervous breakdown. Like she can't differentiate between reality and fantasy, she is in such shock.

Mind you mom's drunken bender the prev night and sis's recent history of snarky behaviors do not bode well.

Unless little sis is more like the step dad than he thought and actually gives a shit about her half sibling?

Either way a nasty cliffhanger.

You didn't just bash your heroine, you pistol whipped her.

I am impressed. A sad, terrifing and well done read.

BRAVO

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

is this a dream.....

or nightmare? it was bad enough mom was so indelicate at school how did word get out?
intense chapter, thanks

@!

>auch< this one hurts on several levels

@*Hugs*

Yep more than enough hurt in this one.
*More Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Perhaps

the bratty sister did let the cat out of the bag, but I don't thing that if she did, she expected this kind of reaction. Sibling rivalries often include a lot of one up-man-ship.

This really showcases the whole high-school immaturity insecure thing.

Emily is simply a girl with a medical condition that caused some of her internal organs not to mature as they should. Instead everyone locked on to the popular misconception that XY equals male. There are cases of XY women bearing children.

What happens to Jack will be interesting. He attacked another student because she has a medical condition. If no tolerance is truly being upheld he's on suspension with possible expulsion.

Why? Because he listened to a rumor.

The truth is that CAIS women are the most beautiful on the planet. Just look at how many are rumored to be fashion models and actresses. :)

Painful stuff Bailey
hugs
Grover

"The truth is that CAIS women

"The truth is that CAIS women are the most beautiful on the planet"

Well that's because they aren't influenced by even a little bit of testosterone, while normal women do have influences from testosterone produced by the body.

"There are cases of XY women bearing children."

Really? I thought the one thing Cais women didn't have were the internal female organs...
Which would be the reason they aren't developing at all around the time puberty should hit.
I guess I could be wrong ^_^', I might have the definition wrong. Do you maybe have a link to articles about it :--)?

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Zero

Testosterone influence is exactly way. This article as far as I can determine as well as the links in it are correct. Mind you it is extremely uncommon, but it has happened.

http://www.birdofparadox.net/blog/?p=8216

http://www.gendercare.com/library/italiano_paper3.html

According to the article, XY does not a male makes. It is the complex interaction between those two chromosomes. If anything disrupts that, well, Swyer syndrome is one result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis#Swyer_syn...

In some ways Emily's problem appears to be more like this than CAIS given puberty hasn't begun. CAIS will often have delayed Puberty, but with of course no menses. Swyer's usually require feminine hormones to kick start puberty.

Of course biology hates to be predictable!

hugs
Grover

Emily's got a different Bio-dad so...

It's why she's so different than Angie. But it could be more, there'd have to be more tests done. They've only scratched the surface here. CAIS is the first diagnosis.
*Big Hugs to Both*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Way intense, Bailey

...and definitely nightmarish.

High school can be Hell on those who are different, but Emily's Hell smacks of her worst fears amplified through dream. If it is reality, it is really over the top. If knowledge of Emily's condition had become so universally known, then I cannot see how the school authorities would not have tumbled to it before long and gone all preemptive on the situation.

And unlike the average Transgender, those who suffer from CAIS have NO external male characteristics. The girls in her PE class would know all about that. Then the boys would know it as well. The teenage years are so very much about appearance. Even if people at school had believed that Emily was XY (highly doubtful), they could not reconcile that information with the visual evidence. I just can't see the level of hatred and violence that she has experienced.

Thus, I vote for dream!

SuZie

SuZie

D=

Extravagance's picture

I couldn't think of anything intelligent or meaningful to say on the first two chapters when you posted them, but now I am in full Klingon mode. (That's Ruthless Honorable Warrior for those unfamiliar with Star Trek)
Jack has epically dishonored himself. There is no way he deserves Emily anymore.
Emily would benefit from working out and bulking up like a brick shithouse. She won't get picked on then, and she should have a compatible mentality for it if she's a tomboy.

The "you need to start looking and acting like a girl" bullshit would really rile me up if I got it after I become the real me. If some idiot complained that I was unfeminine, I'd be only too happy to prove them right... ...By getting my fist very friendly with their nose. >:(

*Very Hissy Kitty*

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Hissy kitty's are awesome defenders.

And the cracks from her mom would hurt and piss off most people. And now I'm picturing you with sword in both hands and a B'tleth? strapped to your back.
*Huggles and careful scratches.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

When it comes to swords,

Extravagance's picture

I prefer quality over quantity. I favor two-handed swords. I'd strap it to my back when not wielding it, so be VERY careful when giving cuddles and scratches! ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

If This Is A Dream,

I'll forgive ya, Bailey; other wise this is just too cruel!

>> She’d always been a Tomboy; she was always small but kind of athletic she sighed and got her book bag and she trudged upstairs. <<

CAIS girls are not going to be Tomboys! They effectively DO NOT have any T. They will not have as good muscles as other girls, prepuberty at least. There might be some learning involved, but I think more boylike behavior has more to do with more androgens in the Brain. I've always heard that CAIS girls are girly girls.

CAIS girls are taller and have a great shape, in general. Emily can be short by luck or something else might be wrong with her. Also, Emily and Angie are only half sisters and fathers can have an effect on girls build and height. My ex Abbie and my bio daughter have their height and bustyness from Ab's father's family, even tho' he was 6'. I've got a tall sister,mother and aunt on my dad's side; Ab's mom and mom's sister are tall, but Ab's 5' 4" and Hilary's 5' 5".

If all the slim, medium and short girls, in my HS class, as seniors were accused of being boys; 1st it would be a large number and 2nd, nobody would believe it. It seems preposterous!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

A girl can be a Tomboy honey if that's just who she is.

Personality has only some bearing in the hormones and stuff. The CAIS stuff listed in only the general rule stuff. There's the genetic stuff on the bio-dad's side like you said.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

X-Why-Me...Chapter 3

To continue what another reader posted--you'd best not stop this story! After all, it succeeded in getting me established at this site...seriously. I read this chapter, then backtracked and read the first two and then the third again and knew I had to leave a comment. So I'm here. By the way, with a little tweaking, it could easily become a fantasy adventure for xxy men....

Hate!!!

Pamreed's picture

How can I kill the whole school!!! I hate them. Emily has not done
anything except be born that way!!

Oh Pam, when has fair mattered to teenagers?

Many of them are some of the worst people that there are out there and getting worse by the generation.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Every time I read this, it

Every time I read this, it still hurts so much I can barely breath. Tears in my eyes as my stomach clenches. Memories crowd their way into the now, obscuring the present with dark clouds of their hate. Bastards... School is a special sort of hell for being different.