Being Christina Chase | Chapter 20: Dead Girl Walking

Printer-friendly version

        Christina could feel time stalking her all day. She'd called Steph last night after dinner to give her all the bloody details of their double date.

        Steph, of course, had been absolutely elated. She'd explained that the Clairmont Inn was a small bed and breakfast on the edge of town. Its dining room was the closest thing to an extravagant restaurant Oak Grove had to offer, and it was certainly the most romantic place anyone could have picked.

        Had Christina known this, she would have insisted that they go anywhere else, but it was too late now. While she was sure that the day was dragging for Steph, she could feel the minutes slipping away. She wondered if this is what it felt like to be on Death Row.

        Christina was laying on her bed, staring blankly at the canopy of her four poster bed when the clock on her nightstand buzzed. She limply threw her hand onto the button to stop the noise. It was in fact, five-thirty, and she had to get ready for her ... date. Christina corrected herself that it was only a fake date. At least she wasn't going to be alone with Richard, she thought. If he got out of line, Andrei would surely do something to him. Perhaps something horrible and painful. Christina smiled to herself, comforted by the thought that Richard would very likely step out of line in front of her cousin.

        Taking off her gear necklace and placing it on the nightstand next to the clock, Christina stripped out of her long silk skirt and turtleneck. She placed the garments gently on the bed then slipped out of her underwear and waist cincher. Christina caught her body's reflection in the mirror. Somehow, her female appearance no longer bothered her; she'd grown accustomed to being a girl in her family's house. When she looked into the mirror, she fully expected to be the girl she saw. She'd let down her guard so much that she wasn't really acting anymore- she was just being herself. Granted it was a softer, more curvy variation, but it was still her.

        Feeling the red marks on her waist where the cincher had cut into her, Christina cursed Lucille for talking her into the tighter garment. She didn't want to wear it too often as she was afraid it might permanently compress her waist. Still, one more night wouldn't kill her. She had to admit, it did make her more look more attractive.

        Christina slumped at that thought. She was about to make herself attractive for her date with Richard. Shaking off her depression, she put on her bathrobe. She wasn't doing any of this for Richard, she thought, it was for Andrei and Steph. She cast a glance in the mirror on the way out. She only had to look passable tonight, not beautiful. Richard didn't deserve beautiful.

        Christina left her room and wandered drearily into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and let her robe fall around her ankles. Stepping into the shower, she savored the sensation of the hot water against her smooth, hairless skin. Christina couldn't get over the difference waxing made. Lucille had mercilessly stripped every nook and cranny of her body. Every inch had become sensitive to touch; it was as though someone had turned up the volume on all tactile sensations. She tried to let her mind drift under the massaging pulses of hot water, but she couldn't think of anything but the doom that awaited her tonight. Stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around her hair, Christina got back into her bathrobe and returned to her bedroom.

        "Hey Nina," Christina said absentmindedly to her cousin, who was sitting on Christina's bed next to Boris. Christina sat down at her vanity and turned on her blow dryer.

        While Christina worked on her hair, Nina got up and rifled through her cousin's closet.

        None of this fazed Christina in the slightest. Just under a year ago, Christina had been shocked to find Nina was using the toilet while she was in the shower. Now, Christina accepted, even welcomed, Nina's presence in her private space. It no longer felt inappropriate; it was just normal. Switching off the hair dryer, Christina started brushing out her long, blonde hair. In the vanity mirror, Christina saw that Nina was holding a short, peach cocktail dress.

        Nina said, "You should wear this."

        Christina got up and took dress from Nina. She held it in front of herself in the mirror. The tiny satin dress had a short A-line skirt that ended well above the knee, showing a hint of crinoline underneath. A soft sash circled the waist ending in a reserved bow. On the right side of the strapless top was a small, but fashionable brooch. Christina wondered why she'd ever bought such a thing. How much of her savings had she spent on girl clothes that she never planned on using? Considering the situation in which she now found herself, she regretted buying the ultra-femme frock. "I don't think so Nina," she objected, "I was really just going to return that..."

        "You'll look great in it," her cousin insisted.

        "You think so?" Christina asked as she posed in the mirror. "The thing is, I don't want to look great tonight."

        "Why not?"

        "Because I don't want to give Richard any ideas. He's got enough of those already."

        "You shouldn't let that bother you. I wish someone was taking me to the Clairmont ..." Nina returned to Christina's closet and said. "I don't think you brought any other dresses."

        Christina put her cocktail dress down on the bed, pulled out a long, floral print dress and asked, "What about this?"

        Nina rolled her eyes. "That's for church!" she complained.

        Christina rolled her eyes in return. Of course Nina was right, but she didn't care. "I wish I was going to church," Christina whined. "At least then I could use all those crosses and holy water to protect me." Christina made a silly face and made a cross with her fingers.

        Nina laughed then regained her serious tone. She took the floral dress out of her cousin's hand and put it back into the closet. She took the peach dress off the bed and handed it to Christina. "You're wearing this," she announced.

        "Oh you're running the show now?" Christina mused.

        Nina smiled coyly and said, "Yes I am." She went through Christina's drawers and pulled out pulled out a pair of white lace panties and a strapless bra.

        Christina watched in amusement as Nina continued, pulling out a pair of gauzy, dark stockings and a garter belt.

        "You're taking this pretty seriously," Christina giggled.

        Nina sat on Christina's bed and picked up her necklace off the nightstand and toyed with it. "You're going to have a great time in spite of Richard, and when you get back I want you to tell me all about it."

        "You really want to go to this restaurant, huh?"

        Nina nodded.

        "Well maybe sometime we can go together."

        Nina chuckled. "That's not the same thing as a boy taking me."

        "It's not as different as you think," Christina muttered under her breath.

        "What?"

        "Nothing," Christina covered. "Do I really have to wear all this?"

        "It's not up for discussion."

        Christina turned away from Nina, sighed and pulled her off her robe, tossing it onto the back of her vanity chair. Keeping her back to Nina, she stepped into the panties and put on her bra. Though the two girls had been naked around each other before, Christina always hid as much of her body as possible. Safely in her underwear, Christina put on her garter belt and sat on the bed. Nina watched as Christina rolled her stocking ups her long legs.

        "Did that hurt?" Nina asked curiously. "All that waxing I mean?"

        "Oh God yes, you have no idea."

        "Why did you get it done all over?"

        "I dunno. The place I go to in the city thought it was a good idea. I really didn't like it at first, but now I kinda do."

        "It looks like they got you everywhere."

        Christina stood up and removed the hanger from the dress. "Yeah, all over. It isn't fun, being naked and having someone strange seeing your privates."

        "I guess not." Nina said thoughtfully. "You know it was a really big deal when I got, you know, hair down there the first time. Why do some girls get rid of all of it?"

        Christina pondered that question. "You know, I really don't know. I guess because it's sexy?" Christina unzipped the back of the dress and stepped into it.

        "Do you think I should do it?" Nina asked.

        Christina motion for her to come over and Nina zipped the dress up for her cousin. "No I don't, Nina." Christina sat on the bed and said, "You don't have to do any of that. All you have to do is be yourself, and the right boy will think you're wonderful."

        Nina hopped up onto the bed next to Christina, and they looked at each other in the mirror. "Well you'd better not be yourself tonight or you'll make Richard fall in love with you."

        Christina let out a mock shriek and pushed Nina onto the bed, tickling her cousin's belly mercilessly. "That's enough out of you!" she shouted playfully over the younger girl's relentless laughter.

        "Cut it out!" Nina begged. Christina ceased her assault and Nina said, "Come on. We're not nearly done yet." Nina shoved Christina over to her vanity and took her robe off the chair.

        Christina sat down and went to work on her foundation. Over the protests of her younger cousin, Christina used only the barest amount of cosmetics, giving her a very plain look.

        "Come on!" Nina whined.

        "No way, Nina. You already talked me into this," Christina said, moving her hand down her body, presenting the dress, "That's more than enough."

        Nina rolled her eyes as she pouted, "Fine!"

        Christina held her hair back, and Nina put her gear necklace around her neck. When she got up she stepped into a pair of high heeled pumps and took a look in the mirror. As she fussed with her hair, she was thinking she looked much better than Richard deserved. "We have to get moving," Christina said.

        Nina shot a glance at the clock on the nightstand. "It's not even seven o'clock yet."

        Pinning on her earrings, Christina turned to Nina and asked, "How long have you known your brother?" she asked coyly.

        Nina shrugged, "All my life."

        "And having known him all that time, what makes you think our dear Andrei is ready?"

        Nina giggled and followed Christina as she strode confidently out of her bedroom and through the hallway to the opposite side of the house. Nina quietly pushed Andrei's bedroom door open and laughed at her brother who was fumbling hopelessly with a pale green tie.

        "Nina!" Andrei snapped. "Get out of here!" Andrei forgot about his sister when he saw Christina slink into his bedroom in her sexy strapless dress.

        She stood in front of him and shooed his hands away from the tie that hung partially around his neck. "You be nice to Nina," Christina admonished.

        Andrei was still a little leery of his cousin. "You're not going to hit me again, are you?" he asked.

        "We'll see," she answered, pulling the tie free from his collar. "The night is still young." She examined the tie and held it in front of him. "Do you feel comfortable wearing this?" Andrei shook his head, and Christina tossed the tie onto his dresser. "Then you don't have to." Christina grinned warmly at her cousin as she arranged his collar and unbuttoned the top button of his clean white shirt. She ran her fingers through Andrei's short brown hair in a vain attempt to make it behave. "Nina," Christina instructed, "Go get a brush." While Nina was out of the room, Christina said, "Relax. You don't have to try to impress anyone. You're going to have a good time. I promise, ok?"

        Andrei nodded, still somewhat nervous. "I'm sorry I put you in this situation," he gulped.

        Christina placed a single, slender finger over Andrei's mouth and shook her head. "Shh. Don't remind me. I'm already in a cranky mood. The truth is, you've already done more nice things for me than anyone else in the whole world. I'll be fine. You just have a good time with Steph." She dropped her hand and added, "And don't leave me alone with ... him."

        Nina jogged into the room and handed Christina a large brush and a comb.

        Christina spent a few moments combing Andrei's hair. When she was satisfied, she sat on Andrei's bed next to Nina. "Put on your jacket," she commanded. Andrei took his suit coat from Christina and put it on.

        "Well?" he asked meekly, holding his hands out to his sides.

        "What do you think Nina?" Christina asked.

        "I think he's the same dork, all dressed up."

        Andrei took a step towards Nina, but he stopped when his cousin held up her hand.

        "Tell him what you really think," Christina admonished.

        "You actually... look really nice." Nina choked on the words at first, but she was surprised by the smile they elicited on her lips.

        "Really?" Andrei blushed.

        "Not quite right though," Christina observed. She stood up and ruffled Andrei's hair a bit.

        Nina exclaimed, "Perfect!"

        Christina leaned on Andrei's tall shoulder and repeated, "Perfect."

        The task complete, Christina and Nina took Andrei downstairs to the living room where his parents were waiting.

        Andrei blushed when his mother kissed him on the cheek.

        "You look so handsome!" She gushed. "You too, Christina!"

        Christina smiled, though she was anything but happy about her date.

        Alek walked up and smacked Andrei in the shoulder and grinned slyly. "Stephanie is a good girl," he said. "You are to be a gentleman."

        Christina thought she saw her uncle wink at Andrei, but she couldn't be sure.

        Alek turned to Christina and said, "Remember to behave yourself, and be home by ten o'clock."

        "Dad," Nina complained, "Christina is twenty years old!"

        Alek took a deep breath and conceded, "Eleven o'clock."

        "No, no," Christina objected, "Ten o'clock is fine. No need for me to stay out late, I always say." Nina look absolutely scandalized by that comment, but it seemed to make Alek happy. The truth was that Christina didn't want to stay out a minute longer than was required.

        Andrei and Christina walked out the front door with Misha following closely behind. Christina could still see her in the window as they got into the truck and drove away. As soon as they were at the end of the driveway, Christina announced, "We're stopping at the flower shop first."

        Andrei said, "Aren't they closed by now?"

        "I called up yesterday and ordered a bouquet for Steph, and there's someone there waiting for us."

        "Wow, you really thought of everything."

        "Yeah well, I've been planning this date with Steph since July."

        "You've been planning this date for me for months?"

        "Um yeah ..." Of course that wasn't true. Christina had been fantasizing about dating Steph herself, but that was not going to happen.

        Christina sighed as she remembered just how hard it was to walk into the barn and offer Steph up to her cousin. That wasn't the only thing that had bothered her about the previous day. After she'd heard her aunt and uncle arguing, Alek had shouted at her. Though it was a brief incident, something about it had crawled right under her skin.

        "Hey," Christina said. "Have your parents been fighting lately?"

        "Not that I know of," Andrei shrugged.

        "Your dad ... he snapped at me yesterday. Did I do something wrong?"

        "I wouldn't let it get to you. That's the way he is. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it."

        "Yeah," Christina sighed, "But he didn't say he was sorry."

        "Sorry?" Andrei laughed. "That word's not in his vocabulary. My father has never apologized to anyone in his whole life."

        Andrei parked the truck in front of the florist, and he and Christina hopped out.

        Christina clutched her pea coat tightly around herself. Not only was the jacket too light, but her short dress was not designed for this sort of weather. Noticing the thick clouds overhead, Christina realized that she desperately needed to buy a winter coat when she got home.

        Andrei knocked on the door of the shop. There was a faint light from inside, and a young man unlocked the door. In the pale light, Christina couldn't tell his age. He might have still been in high school. He definitely looked younger than Andrei. He had wavy black hair and a long, pointed face. Christina couldn't quite make out the name tag on his apron. He led them to the counter and pulled a large bouquet from display case. Stretching over the counter, he handed the bouquet to Christina.

        "I arranged them myself," he said in a nasal voice.

        Christina smiled and handed them to Andrei. "You did a lovely job," she complemented, causing the young man to smile broadly. "I can't thank you enough for staying open."

        The young man held his hands behind his back and looked downward. "It was no trouble at all," he insisted. He looked at Andrei and said, "That will be sixty-five dollars."

        "Sixty-five dollars!" Andrei gasped.

        Christina elbowed him and growled, "Pay the man for Steph's flowers."

        Andrei grudgingly took out his wallet and gave the young man the money. He muttered, "Sixty-five dollars is a lot of money for flowers."

        "It's not for flowers," Christina snarled out of the side of her mouth, "It's for Steph. And flowers will make her happy, so just shut-up about it. Girls like getting flowers."

        Andrei collected his change, and they turned to leave.

        "Wait a minute," the young man called.

        Christina and Andrei turned around.

        The young man reached back into the case and held out a bunch of miniature sunflowers. "These are for you."

        Christina walked forward and said, "I didn't order those, did I?"

        "No," the young man stuttered, "But I thought you might like them."

        Christina gasped, "Oh." She took the flowers from him and repeated, "These are for me ..."

        "Yeah," the young man responded, not quite able to meet Christina's eyes. "I thought you'd like them."

        Christina put the flowers to her nose and drank in the scent. "It's November! Where did you get sunflowers?"

        "I had them over-nighted from South America."

        Christina shook her head slightly and asked, "For me?"

        The young man got the courage to meet Christina's eyes and stumbled, "I've seen you around town, and you're something special. Like sunflowers in the winter."

        Christina couldn't prevent her cheeks from burning bright crimson; she'd never felt so flattered in her entire life. Now it was Christina who found she couldn't meet the young man's eyes. "Thank you, Harry," she purred.

        The young man held up his name tag and said, "It's Harold."

        Christina bit her bottom lip and said, "Harold ... thank you so much. I love them."

        "We have to go." Andrei interrupted grumpily. He knew that he could never pursue his feelings for his cousin, but he did not like other men pursuing her in his presence. He was beginning to think that a double date might have been a mistake.

        "He's right," Christina blushed. "Thanks so much for the flowers." Christina and Andrei turned to leave. As she left, Christina smiled over her shoulder and saw that Harold was grinning from ear to ear. Christina was still glowing when she got back to into the truck.

        "I guess girls really do like flowers," Andrei complained.

        Christina didn't bother to respond. Of course she had no interest in Harold, but there was something about the gesture that knocked her off her feet. She had never considered herself unattractive as a boy, but she was far from overtly sexy. Being desired was a new and intoxicating experience. She feared the lustful looks she elicited from men on the street, but there was a genuine sweetness in Harold's gesture that had caught her off guard. She spent the drive to Steph's on cloud nine, sniffing her sunflowers. She was brought back down to Earth when Andrei parked in front of Steph's salon.

        They got out of the truck, and Andrei pushed the buzzer next to Steph's door.

        Steph unlocked the door, though she did not say anything over the intercom.

        Andrei and Christina walked up the stairs and stood in the hallway in front of the inside door. Andrei looked at Christina, the bouquet in his hands trembling slightly.

        Christina said nothing, only nodding reassuringly.

        Andrei took a deep breath, and opened the door. He was somewhat relieved to find that Steph was not there waiting for them.

        "Steph," Christina called out, "Where are you?"

        "I'm in the bathroom," Steph called. "Christina, I could use your help with something."

        Christina looked at Andrei and shrugged. She went down the hallway and knocked on the bathroom door. "Steph?" she asked.

        The door flew open, and Steph yanked Christina into the bathroom by her arm. "I can't go out there," Steph cried, "Look at me!"

        Christina studied Steph from head to toe. The stripe in her hair was gone; her hair was instead crafted into an elegant 1950's hairstyle with a delicate headband. She was wearing a long black dress with a leg slit. The dress clung to her body showing off all of her curves. On her hands were long black gloves, and she wore a string of pearls around her neck. Steph exuded a simple elegance that felt somehow familiar to Christina.

        "Whoa," Christina moaned as she felt a constricted stirring in her panties.

        "I know! It's terrible! I don't know what I was thinking- Andrei is going to think I'm a freak!"

        It took a moment for Christina to stop staring and to start speaking. "Andrei is going to love it." She continued giving Steph the once over as she walked around her in a circle. "Audrey Hepburn?" Christina asked.

        Steph nodded.

        "From Roman Holiday?"

        "Breakfast at Tiffany's," Steph whispered. "It's stupid, but when I imagined going out with Andrei, it's what I always pictured in my head. I just ran with it."

        Christina put her hands on Steph's shoulders and looked her directly in the eyes. "You look fantastic, and Andrei is going to love it."

        "You think so?" Steph said, on the verge of tears.

        Christina felt the tightness in her panties and said, "Trust me, you look fantastic."

        "Okay ... okay ... okay ..." Steph repeated to herself as her breathing slowed down. "I can do this."

        Seeing that Steph had a handle on things, Christina turned to leave the bathroom, but Steph grabbed her arm to stop her.

        "Hold on," Steph said, her normal pluck returning to her voice, "Who did your makeup?"

        "I did. Why?"

        "Why?" Steph asked incredulously. She turned Christina to face the mirror. "You're going to go to the Clairmont looking like this?"

        "What's wrong with my makeup?" Christina blushed.

        "Nothing, it's just you missed your face."

        Christina rolled her eyes. "Look," she explained, "I don't want to give Richard the wrong idea."

        "What?" Steph exaggerated, "That you're a girl?"

        Christina threw her hands to her side and said, "Actually, yes!"

        Steph scrunched up her face and gave Christina a confused look. "Ok, here's how it is Blondie- we're going to most swankadelic place in town. I realize by your big city standards, it barely rates a 6.5 on the chic scale, but it's news around here, get me?"

        "News?" Christina asked.

        "Yes, as in did you hear that Christina Chase and Steph Bonacelli were at the Clairmont last night?" Steph mimed. "Oh, why yes, Steph was dressed up like Audrey Hepburn and Christina was the Amish girl." Steph emphasized the word "Amish" in a way that made Christina groan.

        Christina took a deep breath in through her nose and gave in. "Fine. Do whatever you want. But just keep it simple, okay?"

        "Sure thing Blondie. Remember- I'm a professional."

        Christina sat on the toilet with her eyes closed while Steph went to work on her face. After about ten minutes, Christina said, "I think that's enough. Andrei is waiting for us."

        Steph said, "The ancient Egyptians invented living rooms so men would have somewhere to hang out while girls got ready." Christina failed to stifle a chortle, and Steph complained, "Quit moving, I'm almost done. Steph applied some finishing touches around Christina's eyes then stood her in front of the mirror. "Am I a genius?"

        "No!" Christina gasped, "You're a criminal!" Steph had given her the look of an innocent school girl on the way to her junior prom. With the short peach dress Nina had picked out, she more than looked the part. "I said, keep it simple!"

        "Look, you're the one who came in wearing that! I don't create looks," Steph said rolling her hands dramatically around Christina's face, "I liberate them." Christina looked positively indignant, but before she could say anything, Steph grabbed her hand and said, "You know ... I just want to say, however things work out tonight ... thank you. I'm really glad you're coming." Steph hugged Christina, and Christina held her back.

        Though Christina was incredibly attracted to Steph, in that moment she felt nothing but innocent affection for her. It almost made her think she might be happy just being Steph's friend. Christina let go of Steph and said, "We should really go. We're running late."

        Andrei heard the sound of the girls walking into the living room and stood up nervously to greet them. He felt his throat go dry when he saw Steph. Andrei was so floored by Steph's appearance, that he didn't notice her expectant and anxious expression. Andrei said nothing; he just stood fiddling with the bouquet of flowers he clutched tightly in his hands.

        Christina, who was walking a few paces behind Steph, mouthed, "You look so beautiful."

        Andrei nodded and said, "You look so beautiful." He was repeating what his cousin told him to say, but when the words left his lips, they were his own.

        Steph positively glowed and responded, "You look very handsome yourself."

        Andrei stood up a bit taller, though still very uncomfortable in formal clothes, and admitted, "Christina dressed me."

        Christina slapped her hand to her forehead in anguish, but Steph purred, "We'll have to give her a medal, won't we."

        Andrei mechanically shoved the bouquet of flowers forward and choked, "These are for you."

        Taking the flowers from Andrei, Steph stepped closer to him. She stood up on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you," she said, "They're wonderful."

        Over Steph's shoulder, Andrei caught the devastated look on Christina's face.

        "I'll just put these in water before we go," Steph said as she went to the kitchen, leaving Christina and Andrei alone.

        "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Andrei whispered.

        Christina forced a smile, though her eyes were still heavy with sadness. She nodded affirmatively.

        Steph walked back into the room, grinning at Andrei. Taking Steph's arm in his, Andrei escorted her to the truck, with Christina sulking behind them. Steph sat in the middle of the seat next to Andrei.

        Christina was left on the passenger side, holding her sunflowers in her lap and staring wistfully out the window. The edges of the gray clouds glowed with the light of an unseen moon. She waited for the snow to start falling, but the thick clouds refused to release a single flake. Unable to watch Steph fawn over her older cousin, she kept her eyes skyward for the entire trip to the Clairmont Inn.


Edited into coherence by Holly H. Hart.
Thanks to Sephrena Miller for taking an early read.
Hope you enjoyed it. If you liked it or hated it, please leave a tasty comment.
Krunch Away!

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Discoveries

Christina is making discoveries about herself and growing more comfortable with her identity. I can't help but wonder how Andrei is going to misunderstand Christina's reaction to Step's remark on receiving the flowers. Yes he's a guy of course he's going to get it wrong! All in all a nice chapter. Hold on to your seats for the next Chapter when Richard makes his entrance!
grover

Tasty!

I love the way your characters interact. You can tell that they're different people and personalities. The story isn't bad, either!

Umm.... here it is some

Umm.... here it is some hours later, or did I miss it, when will s/he read the crumpled papers s/he procured from the trash ... the ones that set off Alek ?? S/he did ask Nina and the papers have been in he/r possession for half the day ??

well, anyway, s/he has become sort of self-focused on 'oh woe is me i have to eat dinner with HIM'... *shrug*

Greater love hath no man ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

...than that he gives his life for another. Chris is giving up HIS life, any chance that HE could have a life with Stef as lovers, for both Stef and Andrei. The trade is that Christina is begionning to realize the rewards that could be gained by bonding with Stef as girlfriends. Men come and go but girlfriends are forever; sisterhood rocks!

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Being Christina Chase

AK,
You continue to enthrall me with your story. I really feel for Christina, love in all the wrong places, it hurts more knowing it can never be.

Nothing in Life is Free, if the cost is not monitary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Hey Krunchie, The greatest

Hey Krunchie,
The greatest thing an author can do is write something that makes the audience sit on the edge of their seats waiting for more. Everytime I finish a chapter I get aggrivated as hell cause I have to wait a whole week for the next one to come out. You've really got something special going on here. Keep up the excelent work and hurry up and post the next one will you?

I've seen you...

kristina l s's picture

... like sunflowers in Winter... My My. Not to mention Ancient Egyptians. You do have a way with a story Admiral. The title had me a wee bit trepidationious, but... as usual, well done. Next bit please.
Kristina

Every chapter is awesum

Every chapter that I read is great and leaves me longing for more. you have a good talent for telling a story.All of your characters are well thought out and come across as realistic as types of people I have met.Keep up the awesum work and I'm sorry the only pay you get from me is my 2 cents please feel free to spend it all in one place.Amy

Poor kid.

He just can't get out of these situations.

Hopefully...

... at some point in time, Chris will take stock of things and wrestle control of their life. He only keeps the dead end job as (a) it pays the bills (barely), (b) there's apparently not much else going that pays the same or more and (c) he probably thinks he owes a debt of gratitude to Mr. Patel for hiring him and keeping him (even though he's treated as a general dogsbody); while in Oak Grove pretty much everything Christina does is for the benefit of her new family. At some point in time, Chris has to open up to someone (other than Boris!) who can help get their life sorted long-term (home, employment, love, keeping unwanted attention at bay).


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!