It was a rainy day in 1982. : 1

Printer-friendly version

It was a rainy day in 1982. This particular event took place in the spring of that year. Therefore, it was in late March early April.

To be exact it was the weekend of April 1.

When you consider all of the events of that fateful day, some people just ended up looking like fools. As for myself, I ended up the biggest fool of all.

You see my name is Terry Palmer.

I am what you would call a shy child. At the age of 10 years old, reading was my only hobby. You know the old saying…You are what you read. Well, this is a case of that sort. Let me explain what I mean by that. I will also give you my stats.

First off, I am 4’0, 80 lbs., which is small for a boy my age. People have always said that I looked like a girl. What with my shoulder length hair and oval shaped face. Therefore, this comes as no surprise that I was hassled all the time. Back to the you are what you read thing that I said earlier. See I got into reading romance novels. This did not set well with the other boys in my class. They decided to teach me a lesson on what I should read.

As I had gym as my last class of the day, I did not think about it being April fool’s day. This is where I wish I had just stayed home from school. Alas, that did not happen. Well I dressed out for class with the rest of the boys. Some of the bigger boys stayed in the locker room for their prank on me. I did not know at the time that I was going to be their girl. It was more than just that. For you can guess that I belonged anywhere. It was after class that I got the shock of my life.

Instead of the clothes that I wore to school that day, I found girls things in my locker. Now what was I to do? We only had ten minutes to get dressed and leave for home. How was I supposed, to be changed and out to the bus without my clothes?

Well I had no choice it seemed, as my things were not there.

What was there made me cringe in a way that just could not be explained. For there were, pink hipster panties, with a matching bra, a denim skirt, with a pink camisole top. Not to mention the white sandals with the dainty ankle straps.

What was I going to do?

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Welcome to BC/TS. This little story is quite interesting.

Seems the boys in gym thought Terry should dress like the girl he looked like. This should be continued from when Terry gets on the bus for the ride home and then having to explain things to his parents. I never had gym in grade school, though. Not until I got to junior high and then I only had 1 whole semester of it. They found it was a mistake to give me gym, so I was then placed in home economics that taught the basics in deportment and sewing.

But I would continue this story, though, because I am interested to see how Terry gets to be herself. Could this little switch of clothes been planned by Terry's parents, with the principal of the school and the gym coach? Interesting. Please continue.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

What to do? Easy-Peazy in

What to do? Easy-Peazy in this case. You wear dirty gym clothes home and tell the coach, the principal and the parents. Then if the harrassment continues, you get a Dr.s excuse and stop taking gym, and screw the testosterone ridden jock bullies. If the harassment continues and you are intelligent, you get even.

I told my parents, my doctor, and the school principal when I was harassed because I had larger than normal breast development (for a boy) when I was 13, being hit in the chest on sensitive breasts with twisted wet towels, and one that grabbed a nipple in the shower and twisted until I on my knees and crying out of pain. Budding boobs HURT. But then, the good doctor put me on what he referred to as androgen shots, probably testosterone, to "stop that silly shit", and that nearly drove me crazy while the stuff made me larger, more aggressive, angry, depressed, withdrawn and suicidal. At least the combination made me not give a damn and I stood up to the harassers, and they decided I was nuts and left me alone. Nearly sixty years later, some still remember that day due to the shock. So, you pays your money and takes your chances when it comes to telling, I guess.....

CaroL

Rainy Day

Now you got a good start here. Are we going to see more to this story??

Richard

good start

yes I beleive that will happen i just do not know when or what just yet.

Dawn

My therapist once asked me when was I going to stop killing myself for everyone around me and start living for myself. I think it was what set me on the path to who I finally have become.....Me.

It was a rainy day in 1982.

Wear your gym clothes to the bus, or ride home if your parents pick you up and take the girl's clothes to the coach and let him know. If he refuse to do anything, head home and tell your parents who hopefully will cause some trouble or the pranksters and get them into dresses

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

On where to go next

If you want to go on with this, you can look for clues in what's already there and start asking questions. For instance, it doesn't sound like a boy, especially a high-school boy, chose those clothes.

So, at least one girl was involved in this prank. Was she doing it out of meanness? or did one of the boys trick her into providing the clothes. If so, how did he do it?

Also, if he's really going to be stuck with only girl clothes, the boys would take his gym clothes while he was in the shower.

What I'd do, if it was me going on with this story, is to keep bringing him to the inevitable brink of being seen and recognized, but then give him an out. For instance, you show him in the locker room realizing that he had a choice between a towel and the gym clothes. Then you switch to the bus, where the boys are being mean and waiting to ridicule Terry. So, you're thinking oh no!, but then Terry doesn't show, and the bus leaves without him. The bullies are disappointed. Yay!

Where was Terry? Why did he miss the bus? Because he was looking through the trash for his real clothes. He's frantic until a teacher finds him and asks what's going on. The teacher is sympathetic. Says, "You can't wear the towel. Put on the girl clothes and I'll drive you home."

Terry's home before his parents (yay!) but since his stuff's been taken, he doesn't have his key (on no!).

The next door neighbor sees Terry trying to break in, and thinking it's some strange girl, calls the police.

Terry, afraid of being discovered, runs off, and trips and falls into a rowboat that carries her all the way to Australia...

and on it goes.

Also, I'd work in places where Terry could choose to end it, but doesn't, so you get the idea that he doesn't mind wearing a skirt...

It was a rainy day in 1982

There is only one thing that he can do or get left behind and walk home in that outfit