You Can Only Fool Yourself For So Long

Printer-friendly version

We all seem to value other people's opinions too highly.

And sometimes we are too afraid to do or be what we really want.

So fear and doubt trap us in a corner where we start to fool ourselves.

Just know that everyone is strong enough to shake these feelings away.

You can only fool yourself for so long.

You can only pretend that this is all that you can be and that this is all that will be for so long.

You can cover it all up with ignorance, lies and medicine but the wounds will only reopen.

The only cure is acceptance.

Not from the world around you but from yourself.

You are your own world, nothing else really matters.

You need to accept the change, or what is already hiding inside of you, and embrace the chaos.

So take the plunge, raise your voice, stand tall, change yourself or even become yourself.

Please.

Before it's too late.

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Acceptance...How true...

Andrea Lena's picture

Not from the world around you but from yourself. It has taken me nearly five decades to realize this. Thank you for the gentle reminder, dear.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ain't it the truth...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Before long you've fooled yourself out of your entire life as it should have been.

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

That is exactly where...

...I am at right now. 49 y.o and my little brother now gone for a year last march (he was two years younger than me). I've been locked in my own head prison all my life scared of the shadows of long gone bullies. Believing the lies and even living the lies they impressed upon me. The process of comming out of this cloud is just taking too damn long burning precious daylight. Daylight not very much of which I have left. I really thought I would have found someone who understands me by now. I can't be that complicated. Is life only the lull between all the clumsy negative drama? I hate being my own worst enemy. The only thing that keeps me going is my hope in Gods promise that it will not always be this way.