Hunger Pangs Part 9 of 9

Printer-friendly version
hunger-pangs_xs.png
Hunger Pangs - Part 9 of 9

By Daniela A. Wolfe



Archie was an orphan who never suspected that there was anything out of the ordinary about himself. After bedding a beautiful stranger, he soon finds a strange hunger has awaken within him and learns he is anything but ordinary.


The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of Daniela A. Wolfe

Well this is my foray into the DarkRealms Universe, hopefully I can do it justice. Shout outs to Enemyoffun for creating this wonderful universe and for allowing me to write in it, Loki for allowing me to use several Cordays in his story and for his help and suggestions, and djkauf for the superb editing.

This is the final chapter, I realize I did leave a few loose ends, but I believe that there's enough closure to satisfy almost everyone. I do intend to write a sequel somewhere down the line, but it may be some time before I get the chance. I'm currently working on the final story in my Ragnarok Rising trilogy which is still a long way from completion. Once that is under wraps, I may or may not write a sequel to Hunger Pangs, it just depends on where my muse takes me.

As with all my stories this is a work of fiction and as such any resemblance to real life individuals events or locations is purely unintentional. Only Bigcloset Topshelf has permission to post this story.

WARNING: This story is much darker than what you will typically see from me. It has explicit content including, sex, scenes of rape, suicidal themes, and language. If any of these things offend you please read no further.

I raced through the hospital without regard for anyone or anything. Several times I collided with a nurse or orderly, I wasn't sure which, I stopped only long enough to insure they weren't seriously hurt then I burst back into motion. My shoulder throbbed in pain, but I didn't care all I could think about was Daniel and Selina. Several times someone tried to stop me, but I easily dodged them and sped past them on my way to Selina's room since hers was the closest.

I didn't bother with the elevators, that would take too long; it was the hospital after all. There were just too many people using them for me to get anywhere quickly. So I took the stairs, leaping up the steps with as much speed as I could manage. Finally, I made it to the level I needed and left the stairwell behind. I turned a corner, and I caught a flash of motion out of the corner of my eye. I leaped to the ground as gunfire erupted above. I didn't escape unscathed a bullet slammed into my arm as I fell to the floor and I thought I might pass out from the pain.

I crawled into the nearest room, and pushed the door closed with my foot. "Fucking shit," I cursed as I looked at my arm. It hurt like hell, and it was bleeding badly. My shoulder throbbed almost as badly and I was beginning to think I should have thought things through before leaping into the hospital like a bat out of hell.

"Miss, what's going on? Are you alright?" A voice said and I realized with a start I wasn't alone in the room. The woman was pregnant and looked about ready to burst.

"There are some very bad men shooting up the hospital," I breathed gritting my teeth against the pain.

"Oh my god! What do we do?"

"You have a phone, right?"

She nodded and I let out a loud gasp. "Call 9-1-1, and whatever you do, don't leave this room," I said the irony of telling her to call emergency services from the hospital was not entirely lost on me as I climbed back to my feet.

I could hear gunfire outside the room, but for whatever reason my attackers seemed to have abandoned their pursuit of me. Which could only mean someone or something else had managed to grab their attention. God, I needed to get back out there, but if I went as I was now I didn't stand a chance. I looked back at the pregnant woman, I wasn't about to feed on her, shit I didn't even want to think about what that would do to the unborn child she was carrying. Which left me with only one option; I would have to call up my demon form.

I only hesitated a moment, then I reached out to my hunger and felt the burning-pain ripple across my skin. I was still bleeding pretty badly, but my demon form had granted me renewed energy. The woman didn't scream, she merely stared at me with wide-eyes as I pulled the door to the room back open. I expected gunfire to meet me as I flew out the door instead I found a large brown Kodiak which could have only been Stu and two corpses. He was bleeding in a few places, but no worse than me.

"Shit, you go after Daniel. I'll take Selina," I huffed. Stu let out a soft growl then spun around and sped away. I couldn't help but stare after him as he flew through the hallway; it wasn't every day you saw a bear tearing through a hospital.

I shook my head and turned away, only to find a gun aimed at my face. "Holy fucking hell!" I cursed.

"Fucking whor--" the gunman said, but was cut short as I slammed my knee into his groin. He dropped the gun and sank to the floor in a crumbled heap. I hesitated a moment then I bent down and unzipped his pants and looked down at his cock and bit my lip. I knew from my own experience and from Selina, that feeding accelerated the healing process, so I fed on him. When I was finished I could actually feel my wounds begin to close and let me tell you it felt weird as fucking hell. The bullet in my arm popped out and I could feel whatever was lodged in my shoulder pop out as well. The wounds didn't heal completely, but the bleeding slowed to a trickle and the pain faded quite a bit.

I picked up the gun from where it had fallen then I got back to my feet and started back towards Selina's room. Shit, I shouldn't have stopped to feed. I just hoped I wasn't too late.

As it so happened I wasn't too late. In fact Selina had taken care of things rather nicely. When she found herself under attack she did the one thing succubi did best, she fed. When I came into the room I found her in the process of fucking the guy. My cheeks burned and I turned my back so I wouldn't have to watch. I know I'd seen it all before, hell I'd been on the receiving end, but since finding out she was my sister I had no desire to see it again.

I tucked the gun into the back of my pants and waited for her to finish. It didn't take long, once a Succubus started to feed it only took minutes for her to drain her victim dry. There was a dull thud behind me and I looked back to find that Selina had finished. The body of her attacker had collapsed to the floor.

"Shit, thank God you're alright," I muttered bending over the man and checking for a pulse, he would live.

"How do they keep finding, me?" she asked with a loud gasp as her eyes suddenly bulged out of her head. The energy she had just taken was starting to heal her injuries and I could actually hear some of her bones pop back into place. If I hadn't shared my sexual energy with her twice already, I doubt she would have been in good enough shape to feed on her attacker.

"Steagan said they put some sort of tracking device on you," I said after the healing process had finished.

"I led them right to Ravencrest... and to you," she said with a sigh.

Before I could reply a huge burst of pain slammed into my back and I fell face-forward to the ground. It took me a moment to process what had happened and to realize that I had been shot. Shit, I shouldn't have been so damn stupid. I heard footsteps from behind and I held perfectly still as they approached. With any luck whoever shot me would think I was dead.

"Oh God, Rachel," I heard Selina say.

"Who would have thought a couple of succubi and a handful of weres would cause us so much trouble? Well, Colonel Steagan underestimated you I'm not going to make the same mistake. All you are is a liability. You know too much," a male voice growled.

The pain was agonizing, but I knew that if I didn't act Selina would die. So I reached for the gun still deposited in the back of my pants and rolled onto my back, opening fire as I did so. I'd never used a gun before, but all I had to do was pull the trigger. I mean at that range it was almost impossible to miss. He didn't stand a chance as I emptied the entire clip into him and he fell to the ground dead.

"Rachel, thank God, you're alive," Selina said from above.

"Yeah, hurt... like hell though..." I breathed weakly just before losing consciousness.

When I woke in the hospital I was a patient again. Stu had managed to get to Daniel in time, and no one tried to get to Selina after I blacked out so all in all everything turned out all right. After feeding a few times my injuries healed rather nicely and I was released from the hospital. Daniel and Selina were both released a few days later. Daniel still had a lot of healing to do, but he was well enough to walk if somewhat gingerly. Selina seemed to be in perfect shape, feeding had done for her what it had for me and she showed no signs of ever having been injured. Which was pretty amazing when you considered how close she had been to death.

The really weird part was that no one remembered the attack on the hospital besides Daniel, Stu and myself. I even ran into the pregnant woman who'd seen me transform and she didn't even bat an eyelash at me. I asked Daniel about it, and he said only that it was best not to think about. He inferred that the Coven was responsible, but didn't seem to know much more. I'd never met anyone from the Coven and I was beginning to think I didn't want too. If they could make people forget what happened at the hospital what else could they do? Maybe Daniel was right, it was best not to think about it. Not even the doctors commented on me and Selina's miraculous recoveries. I'm sure the Coven had something to do with that as well.

Of course, there was still the matter of what to do with Steagan. Selina and I had taken turns feeding 'her' and she finally finished changing. The really disturbing thing is that I seem to have a small measure of control over her, but only to a certain extent. If I tell her to do something she will have a hard time not doing as I say, but with a great deal of effort she does seem to be able to resist. Selina says it's always that way with Succubi that have been turned. Of course, if anyone saw 'Stacy', as we had taken to calling her, no one would ever suspect that she was Steagan. She was a bit slimmer than Selina and myself, but no less beautiful. She had raven-black hair, startling green eyes, a deceptively innocent face and a body that any straight man would have a hard time not soaking up.

Selina and I had grown pretty close over the last few months. With the tracking device removed she had decided to stay in Ravencrest with me. She was a godsend, and I knew that without her, I probably would have driven myself fucking nuts during that time. I was convinced she really was my sister; we looked too damn much alike for it to be a coincidence. I was content with that, even if we didn't share blood, we were sisters at heart and that was enough for me.

And there was me and Daniel, when I was with him I could almost forget about being a succubus and just be a human being. After losing control again, and making love to Daniel I found that, like before, I could only drain a fraction of what he had. Selina was able to confirm what I had already come to suspect, weres were resistant to a succubus' ability to feed. She had never fed on a were herself, but she had heard rumors from other succubi.

I knew that what little I took from Daniel would never be enough to sustain me, so I told him in no certain terms could we ever have a relationship. There was no way I could be loyal, and I knew Daniel well enough that no matter what he said, that it would tear him apart to see me take other men as lovers. So we tried to be just friends again, of course that didn't really work out all that well. I kept losing control of my hunger around him, even when I was more or less satiated. The problem was that no matter how much I denied it, I had feelings for Daniel and deep down inside I wanted to be with him.

I almost left Ravencrest altogether, I knew it was the only way to keep myself from hurting Daniel, but I kept finding excuses to stay. It wasn't until Anna came home for Christmas break that we found a way for us to be together. Before her return I'd never met Daniel's sister, but I guess the time she'd spent at college she had changed a lot. It came as a pretty big surprise when brought her girlfriend, Roberta, home to meet the family. To their credit, Daniel's parents took it pretty well, but it came as pretty big shock to find out their daughter was a lesbian.

It was a few days after her return and I thought I was alone at the Corday house. Daniel was off with some friends he had tried to get me to come along, but I just needed some time alone. Linda and Don were both at work and Selina was off doing God knows what. I thought I had the house to myself, I was wrong. When Anna had returned I volunteered to sleep on the couch in the basement so that Anna could have her room back. When I came up the stairs and found Anna and Roberta snuggled up in the living room I was a bit surprised, but I shrugged it off and made my way for the kitchen not wanting to disturb them.

It was about time for lunch and I was getting pretty hungry, so I made for the fridge and pulled out one of the salads Linda had set aside for me. I'd found out the hard way that my new body didn't do meat so well, so now I was a strict vegetarian. I really didn't suck so bad since my taste buds seemed to have changed along with just about everything else. It was fucking weird broccoli tasted a hell of a lot better than it used too, spinach too. Before the fridge closed I grabbed some dressing and a fork from the nearby drawer and plopped down at the table to eat.

A second later Anna pulled up a chair next to me and sat down. "We need to talk."

"Okay," I replied after swallowing the bits of salad in my mouth. I'd been afraid something like this might happen, judging from some of the odd glances I'd been receiving from her.

"I need to know what you're intentions are toward my brother," she said folding her arms across her chest.

Oh, great I'd really been hoping she wouldn't open that particular can of worms. "It's complicated."

"Complicated how?"

"Is it safe to talk? I mean if there's anything unseen..." I trailed off giving her a pointed look.

"It's safe. Roberta went upstairs. Besides even if she overheard us she's a were so there's really nothing to worry about on that front."

"How much did Daniel tell you about what happened with the Seekers?"

"I think I more or less got the gist of it, though he seemed unusually close-mouthed about you. I know you're some sort of unseen but not much else."

"I'm a succubus. I feed on sexual energies of anyone I have sex with," I spat glaring down at my salad.

Anna pursed her lips and tilted her head back with a long sigh, "Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damned complicated. So what? You're afraid of what will happen if you have sex with Daniel?"

I could feel my cheeks burn fucking hell this was Daniel's sister I was talking too! "That's not the problem. Weres have some sort of resistance to the feeding process. The problem is that I want to be with him, but I can't be loyal. I need to feed in order to live and I can't get what I need from Daniel at least not enough of it."

Her eyes lit up with sudden understanding, "Oh god. Poor Danny."

"I know," I muttered shaking my head as tears streamed down my face. "I didn't ask for any of this. I mean just a few weeks ago Daniel and I were just roommates and I had no idea that the unseen even existed."

"You're Daniel's roommate? He told me about Archie on the phone and he's--"

"--A guy? Yeah it came as huge fucking ass surprise when I found out I was a succubus."

"What happens to the person you feed on? I mean it doesn't harm theme does it?" she asked suddenly.

"It can kill them if I'm not careful and take too much, but if I feed often enough I can control myself enough to keep that from happening. Usually, the person I feed on wakes up feeling a bit drained, and most the time they won't even remember having sex with me," I said with a slight shudder.

"God, you've never killed anyone have you?"

"Yes," I admitted quietly. "I was still changing and one of Seekers attacked me. I lost control when he got too close and I wound up draining him dry."

Anna nodded as if coming to a decision, "So you're not going to do it again?"

"What?! No, of course not, not if I can help it!"

"Easy there, I didn't mean any offense. I just had to know before I made this suggestion. I can tell you care deeply for my brother and I'm inclined to believe that you'll do your best to keep yourself from harming anyone. I know my brother wouldn't much like it if the girl he was dating was having sex with other men, but there might be another way. Can you feed on women?"

"Well, yeah but--" I said stopping mid-sentence as I realized just what she was saying. It was something I never would have thought of on my own, but would Daniel go for it? I mean a lot of guys thought lesbian sex was pretty hot, but it would still mean taking other lovers besides Daniel. I would have to feed a lot more frequently, since women didn't fill me as much as men, but it might work.

"You've given me something to think about," I muttered quietly.

"Whatever you decide just be warned if you hurt my brother, you better hope I don't catch wind or I will hunt you down and make you pay," she said matter-of-factly then stood and left me alone with my thoughts, my salad all but forgotten.

Fuck, I really loved to run, I don't know why but there's just something about it that really gets my blood pumping. That was one of the few things I liked about my new body, when I kept myself well fed I had pretty much boundless energy. Running gave me a way to focus that energy and it helped me stay sane. After my conversation with Anna, I needed some time to think and since my change some of my best ideas came to me while I was running. It was pretty damn cold out, but I didn't care so long as the sidewalk was clear of ice.

I didn't really have a particular destination in mind, but then I never really did when I ran. I became lost in the feel of my hair in the wind and the feeling of my feet pounding against the pavement. The sports of bra I was wearing helped to keep my breasts from bouncing too badly and I was glad I let Linda buy it for me. The Corday’s had put down a lot of money on me since I'd been living with them and I hated it, but what choice did I have? It wasn't like I had any money of my own.

I stopped abruptly and was a bit surprised to find that I was on campus. I'd been avoiding Ravencrest University like the plague since my trip to the DBZ chapter house. I mean on the surface all the vampires I'd met seemed nice, but there was a sort of predatory air that lurked just below the surface that creeped the hell out of me. They didn't just help me out of the goodness of their hearts and I had a feeling I hadn't seen the last of them. The new identity hadn't exactly come with no strings attached, there were two conditions. The DBZ girls got first dibs on any of my potential lovers and they didn't want me making any more succubi. They didn't want any competition after all.

The trip hadn't been all bad; I did get a new identity out of the whole thing. And, I had to admit I didn't dislike my new name, Rachel Linsey McKenna, it had a certain ring to it and best of all it wasn't near as fucking weird as Archibold. McKenna had been Lily's idea apparently I looked Irish, whatever the hell that was supposed to mean.

I don't know if I would ever get used to the way people looked at me. Even if I wore the frumpiest outfit I could find it still wasn't enough to keep those looks of barely disguised lust from the men and the looks of envy and contempt from the woman. Whenever I went out in public I got the same look and I was beginning to wonder those looks weren't, at least to some extent, influenced by me being succubus. I know I was drop dead gorgeous, but the way people acted around me was just ridiculous. Maybe, people really did behave that way around attractive woman, and I was just over thinking it.

I turned my back on the University and made my way across the street and into the general direction of the Corday home. I still hadn't made my mind up, but I was hoping maybe Daniel would be back and we could talk things out.

"Daniel, shit we need to talk," I said folding my arms across my chest as he entered through the front door. I had beaten him back, but only by a few minutes.

He grinned and shook his head with a light chuckle. "Sometimes I have a hard time believing that you were ever Archie."

"Oh? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It's just that all your mannerisms have changed and you don't act much like Archie, well aside from all the cursing," he said with a grin.

It was true, I think in large part the way I carried myself had to do with being a succubus. I instinctively knew how to move in order to catch people's eyes, and I did it without thinking. I supposed I had changed in other ways too, but I really didn't think that had come with my physical transformation at least not directly. Everything that had happened had really brought a lot of my character defects to light and I really didn't like a lot of what I saw about myself. I'd pushed people away for far too long, and I couldn't take the thought of being alone any longer. Most importantly, I realized, I needed Daniel.

That final revelation had come to me with the strength of a physical blow and my hands trembled a bit at the mere thought of it. Archie really was dead, he never needed or wanted anyone at least not in the way I did. "Can we go somewhere private?"

"Sure," he said a look of concern and worry passing across his face and quickly faded away.

We hurried up stairs and Daniel closed the door as he followed me into his room. "What's up?"

"I-I. Oh fuck it. This is killing me. I need you, Daniel, I think I might even love you," I said breathing heavily and staring at Daniel with wide-eyes.

"I thought we couldn't be together. That your need to feed would never allow for it," he said quietly wrapping his arms around me. As usual I could feel my need to feed rise, but I'd fed enough lately that it was a very faint stirring of my hunger. I pushed it back and looked up into Daniel's eyes.

"I know what I said, but I talked with your sister and I think... that there might be a way, but it probably won't be easy maybe not for either of us," I said quietly.

Daniel took hold of my hands, "What exactly are you saying?"

"I need to feed and there's no disregarding that, but men aren't the only source I can turn too. I can feed on women."

I watched Daniel's face for any sign that he understood, but confirmation came in a different way. He kissed me and felt my legs turn to jelly as he swept me off my feet and we both landed on his bed. I wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what we did next. Feeding felt pretty damn amazing, but what Daniel and I did was on a whole other level.

"So should we go downstairs? Mom’s making a big dinner tonight. She'd probably be upset if we don't show," Daniel said after a whole.

"Oh, I think we still have a little more time," I said with a smile and planted a kiss on his lips.

Daniel grinned back at me as our lips parted, "You know I think you might be right about that."

Daniel and I really pushed it to the last minute and we were finally forced to break away and make our way downstairs. We both looked a mess, and we reeked of sex, but no one said anything, well, no one except Tammy, but she really didn't know any better.

"Rachie," she said coming over and giving me a hug.

After the showdown at the hospital, I was a little surprised to find that Tim, my thrall, had survived. After the Seekers had been taken care of, there really seemed no reason to keep him around. That being said so long as he lived he would have been completely reliant on me and I really didn't like the idea of being burdened with him forever. So I turned him, and Tammy was born.

"You had sex!" she grinned at me proudly.

Tammy had no memory of her previous life and she was essentially an entirely different person. When I bent Tim to my will, I had destroyed almost his entire consciousness and only a small fragment had remained. He was able to understand my commands and do as I told him, but not much else. When I turned him into a succubus, the result was a sex-crazed bimbo with the mind of a five-year-old child.

"Tammy, inside voice," I muttered quietly.

"Sorry, Rachie,"

"Come on, Tammy it's dinner time."

"Okay," Tammy grinned and bounced after me as I made my way into the dining room.

Dinner was delicious and as always Selina, Tammy and I had our salad and the Corday's ate a meal that was just a little too undercooked. The table was a bit crowded, but with the addition of a second leaf everyone fit. All my life I'd been looking for something and had never been able to find it. A family was what I had needed, and as I looked around the dinner table I realized I didn't need to look any further. I'd found my family at long last.


The End

Comments, however short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
165 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hunger Pangs Part 9 of 9

Can she and Daniel have children? If so, will they be succubus/were hybirds?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

No...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Succubi can only procreate with Incubi.


Have delightfully devious day,

Just as well...

...otherwise any offspring from a were coupling would have a very interesting sixteenth birthday! :D

Besides which, they have an alternative means of procreation which bypasses eighteen years worth of childhood... three have been formed during the course of this tale (but no more courtesy of the agreement with the vamps - there is a limited number of university students to go around without suspicions that they seem to be having considerably more sex than average!)...

Actually, given both groups probably hang out at the same venues, I wonder if they ever compare notes... :)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

That'd be

Daniela Wolfe's picture

That'd be an interesting study group! ;]


Have delightfully devious day,

Well...

If Rachel does resume her course and/or the other succubi in town enroll, they could (metaphorically of course!) kill two birds with one stone :D


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

That they could...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

lol That they could :P


Have delightfully devious day,

Good Story

Elsbeth's picture

Good story, enjoyed reading it very much. Looks to be an interesting family :-)

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Danke

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.


Have delightfully devious day,

Nice ending,

To an interesting and entertaining story. That is going to be one interesting marriage, I think.

Maggie

Marriage

Daniela Wolfe's picture

It's definitely an interesting relationship. Now marriage that'd be very interesting step.


Have delightfully devious day,

Sequel

From the introductory blurb at the top of the page (which is easily overlooked, but this time is slightly different to that attached to the previous chapters):

I do intend to write a sequel somewhere down the line, but it may be some time before I get the chance.

DAW is planning to finish the Raganock Rising trilogy first, then if suitably inspired will tackle the sequel.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

hunger pains

A great read just hope you write some more this. so we can find out how rachel and danny make out.

From the rant..

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I know the blurb probably reads as white noise so I'll re-post it here so folks know my intentions.

This is the final chapter, I realize I did leave a few loose ends, but I believe that there's enough closure to satisfy almost everyone. I do intend to write a sequel somewhere down the line, but it may be some time before I get the chance. I'm currently working on the final story in my Ragnarok Rising trilogy which is still a long way from completion. Once that is under wraps, I may or may not write a sequel to Hunger Pangs, it just depends on where my muse takes me.


Have delightfully devious day,

nicely wrapped up

However that I was a bit disappointed that she was able to stay with Daniel the way she did as that takes away the whole allure of succubi. I would have preferred them to come to an understanding.
But thats just me.

I opted for

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks, I opted for the 'happy' ending with this one. At one point I was leaning heavily toward killing Selina for good and having Rachel leave Ravenscrest in search of her mother.


Have delightfully devious day,

Hunger Pains

Going to be one odd family :) ...good story

++++++++++++
Cartman: A fine day of plundering we had boys. What about yourselves? Here you are lads, plenty of booty to go around. A round of grog for me boys. A round of grog for everyone!

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Glad you enjoyed it!


Have delightfully devious day,

I really liked this story,

I really liked this story, fast paced, with much action. I'm not sure about the sex, it seemed to be more about feeding all the time, than actually having sex. It reminded me of an Anita Blake novel were the sex-scene have been shortened to a comment :D (this means very good btw. :D)
The protagonists weren't very smart and behaved like prey. The only good thing was that their hunters weren't all that smart either. I mean why didn't they guess the tracker thing? It's not like a gps-bug is arcane technology. On the other hand, how did the hunters miss that there might just be more were's than one family?

The unconciousness was used too often imho. I mean once or maybe twice is ok, but I think she fell unconcious like five times or more (or at least it felt that way...)

Um enough critic ^^ You did really well avoiding to turn this story into porn (which I would probably have done :\) and wrote a story that was completly captivating and enjoyable if a bit predictable. Neither of your characters is a genius, (they might have acted a bit smarter though) which makes their actions quite believable and them closer to the reader, I think.
Great story, I can't wait for your next one.
Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

Thank you

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I'm not huge on descriptive sex-scenes, I prefer to leave things up to the imagination of the reader.

No, they weren't exactly very smart when dealing with the Seekers. Of course, they lacked the experience to really know how to deal with the threat.

The Seekers were unaware that Ravencrest was a haven for Unseen when they came and they weren't expecting to be met with so much resistance.

Thank you for the criticism, and presenting it in a positive and constructive manner. I'm still learning and any input folks are willing to give that helps me improve is very much appreciated.

I'll definitely try to cutback on the number of times my protagonists are rendered unconscious. It's tendency of mine that I've been aware of for a while, but haven't really put as much effort to try and reduce as I probably should have.

It will be a while yet (if ever) before I get around to writing a sequel to Hunger Pangs. I have at least one project to finish up before I work on anything else.


Have delightfully devious day,

Just getting started

So I had this story and this universe recommended to me over on FM and I've got to say that I'm really enjoying it! You did a great job with this story and I'm excited to read what others have written in this universe! Well done.

Cheers
Zapper

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks! Sorry, somehow I missed your comment until now. Glad you enjoyed the story and I'm definitly glad I could be the one to introduce you to this universe.


Have delightfully devious day,

Very intresting...

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

...addition to DRU.

Good story!
>i< ..:::

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! One of these days I might even get around to writing a sequel.


Have delightfully devious day,

Steagan

licorice's picture

so what's going to happen to Steagan/Stacey? They can't keep her locked up forever.

Stacy

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I started writing a sequel, but as the popularity of the DRU dwindled so did my interest. I didn't get very far into the story, but the question of Stacy was one I addressed in the teeny tiny bit of the story I actually got around to writing. Basically, Rachel discovered that since she was the one to 'convert' (can't recall which term I used) Stacy, that she had a degree of control over Stacy. She told her to do something and Stacy would feel a compunction to comply... The more forceful Rachel told her to do something the harder she found it to resist. You can image that keeping her locked up wouldn't be quite as necessary after this came to light.


Have delightfully devious day,

Poor rachel

I feel so sorry for her that she can’t be with the man she loves without all those complications and no children.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna