Understanding Rachel- The other end of the line. Part 7

Printer-friendly version

She pressed the off button on the phone, and then pulled a number out of her phone book. She began to dial, saying to herself, “Well, this is an emergency ....”

“I hope this works.”

"Well that's uh.. How am I suppose... Is that girl insane!"

Tanya was sitting at her computer reading the post online from Rachel. The first post in almost a week. The shock of the post boggled her mind. Was this a cry for help? If it was how the heck was she supposed to contact Rachel two provinces away?

While repeated phone calls at the beginning of the week had been unanswered she thought that Rachel was on vacation or something. This however led Tanya to believe her friend was in serious trouble.

"But to post my name over the internet for everyone to read like that!"

Tanya so wanted to swear but, as usual, couldn't bring herself to swear openly. All thoughts of her own unusual troubles from the girls at work took a back seat in her mind. Well sorta it was hard to forget that one of the girls at work had asked Tanya to be a bridesmaid. Something she could not do.

Tanya sent off another email, hoping beyond hope, that it would not be.. yep undeliverable address. Pulling up google she tried to see if there was someone she could possibly contact in Rachel's area to help but all she got was a help line listing for some illusion club. One Rachel had never been to.

With nothing better to do, well aside from feel like a small person because of that “I only took this call so you wouldn't keep calling back. Thanks to you and her other so-called friends my son tried to live in a fantasy-land where he was a girl, instead of growing up and taking charge of his life.”, Tanya got her used truck part and went outside completely oblivious to the pouring rain.

"Gods I hope this is all a really bad dream"because without her bff Rachel, Tanya had no real reason to exist anymore. The walls of Martin had been closing in slowly each day as Tanya was unable to cope with people more and more.

The rain mixed with tears falling unheeded down Tanya's face as she approached her truck.

"Please Rachel come back and talk to me. Please I need you so much."

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At this point

I am so totally confused I don't know what is going on. Stories don't link properly, and I can't find the part where Sally does a freak-out. I apparently missed something there. I can't even keep track of who is who.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I don't have a problem

I don't have a problem following... maybe you're only reading 'the other end of the line' and not Dorothy's part?

They do skip parts in time, that's something to keep in mind. But they do stay chronological.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

thanks

I enjoy comments thank you so much. Sorry for the confusion this story thing is ...interesting to write.

tanya/rachel??

darn, people can be so mean and thoughtless and cruel, I hope Tanya and Rachel can resolve their problems