Pink? Why Pink? - Part 18

Printer-friendly version
"I got a call from Whateley earlier today. Somehow they found out what happened last night and the headmistress told me that they think it would be a good idea for you to go there right away."

  

Pink? Why Pink?
Part 18
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  

Sunday February 18, 2007

I woke up and felt disoriented. I was in a hospital bed and wondered what happened before it came to me.

"Shit! They shot my leg off!" I said and immediately lift the covers and saw that both my legs looked fine.

"Sweetie, you are awake."My mom said hugging me tightly. "You had me so worried."

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"I don't remember what happened after I passed out, of course. I thought those guys shot my leg off."

"They did, it was so awful. I was so worried when I saw it."

"But they look fine."

"You were already healing when the paramedics arrived."

"How is Linda? Is she okay?"

"She is fine. She is outside with your dad and the Sparx. What the hell were you thinking going against those guys?"

"I wasn't. They threatened you and I lost it. All I thought about was protecting you."

"Oh sweetie." She said and hugged me again.

"Mom? How long has I been out?"

"It's morning already. You've been asleep the whole night."

"What? No wonder I feel so hungry." I said and my stomach decided to make a gruesome noise to empathize my words.

"We better call the nurse then, don't we?" My mom said and pressed the buzzer to call the nurse.

When the nurse came, dad, my sister and MJ came into my room with her.

"Mel! I am so glad you're okay." Dad said and enveloped me in a bear hug.

"Dad... I... can't... breath."

"Sorry. You scared the shit out of me." Dad said.

"John, watch your language, there are ladies in the room." Mom admonished him.

"Take it easy mom. I almost said that myself." My sister said.

As my father let go of me, I didn't even had the time to breath before MJ wrapped her arms around me saying "Don't you ever scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry, but I had to do something."

"You should have seen her MJ. She was something else. She took out 3 power armored guys before the reminding two started to shoot at her, and even after she got hurt she managed to take out them."

"She was attacked by 5 power armored guys?"

"Six, but one of them run away after saying no one told them they had to fight a pink lantern." My sister said and I rolled my eyes.

"Actually the last 2 was Sue that dealt with them."

"That was Sue? Wow, she looked so feral, and took those two guys in just a few seconds before disappearing."

'Sue? Are you okay?'

'Yes, but I couldn't keep fighting after you were knocked out.'

'Don't worry about it. You did well. Thank you.'

"Mel, are you talking to Sue?" MJ asked.

"How did you know?"

"The look on your face. Do you think you can let her out?"

"I don't know. Maybe, but I am really hungry and don't know if I have the energy to keep her out for long."

"What if you made her small? Maybe a small construct won't take as much energy as a big one." My sister asked.

'What do you think? Want to try it?'

'Only if you give me little wings. If I am to have a fairy height It is only fair I look the part. Not to mention fairies are cute.'

'Do you really want to look like a fairy?'

'Yep, just like the ones that were in the ads all over during Christmas, they were so cute.'

'Do you want to look just like them?'

'No, I want to have my own face and body. I just told you about them because they are cute. Oh, can you make my wings look like dragonfly ones?'

Yep, that's what I did, I also had her dressed in a micro top and a micro shirt. The result was pinking hot. Yes I said pinking, do you have a problem with that.

As soon as she materialized, she started to fly around the room, flapping her wings, before landing on my sister's shoulder and give her a peck on the cheek.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"For your idea. I loved it."

"Oh my gosh! She looks so cute." MJ said excitedly.

At that moment the food arrived and I started to eat while the girls fussed about Sue's look and she looked like she was enjoying the attention. Interestingly enough, it seems that the idea of making her small was working. I could kind of feel that the drain to keep her body at that size was much lower than when she is full sized. Another thing, I just have been really hungry because the food actually tasted almost good. How hungry do you have to be before it does?

I had just finished eating when a doctor came in and examined me. Do they time those things? At least he didn't came while I was eating or I wouldn't be a happy camper.

"Everything seems to have healed well. There isn't even a hint of scar anywhere."

"How long did it take for my leg to heal?"

"I'm not sure. The paramedics said that when they got to you, your leg seemed to be healing already. It took them about 10 minutes to get here and after that it wasn't more than 20 minutes until it healed completely."

"You mean I grew a missing limb in less than a hour?"

"Yes, and that is something very impressive. We do have a mystery you might be able to help us with. We seem unable to draw blood from you as they disappeared not long after they left your body and the paramedics mentioned the lack of blood and couldn't find the missing limb."

"It is just something that happens. The doctor that tested my powers think there is magic involved in that, but was unable to determine the source."

"I guess it is a good thing that it happens. A regen blood can be very dangerous."

"And why is that?"

"There were some studies a while back, trying to use regenerator blood to heal wounds, and some of them ended badly. In some cases, high level regenerator blood samples were used and it resulted in the test subject ending up a copy of the person that supplied the blood and the change also erased all of the subject's memories, ending up in a vegetative state. Since then, studies with regen blood was deemed too dangerous and banned and now all regen genetic material is considered bio-hazard and have strict guidelines for disposal."

"I didn't know that."

"Not many of the general population do."

  

###

  

After the doctor left, Detective Goodman came in. "Hello Melody. I didn't expected see you again so soon. Having problems in staying out of trouble?"

"You have no idea." I told him.

"It is good to see you again, detective. I just wish it was under better circumstances." Dad said greeting him.

"The feeling is mutual, but call me Carl, please."

"Okay Carl. Do you have any news for us?"

"Not much. The men we arrested aren't talking about who hired them, just that they were supposed to grab the girl and they didn't expect her to be as they said 'A Fu***ng Pink Lantern'. Apparently they were expecting an inexperienced recently manifested mutant and thought it was going to be an easy job."

"What about the armors?" I asked.

"It seems they were reported stolen last morning."

"Stolen? From where?"

"It seems that they were stolen from a GoodHealth Pharmaceutical. A research facility in LA. Those armors were for their security detail.

"GoodHealth Pharmaceutical? Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" The detective asked.

"I mean, I just manifested as a regen and some people come after me with power armors that were supposedly stolen from a pharmaceutical research facility? Doesn't it sound strange to you?" I asked.

"It does, but is GoodHealth behind this or is someone trying to make it look like that? Whoever it was, probably got access to your MID data and knew you were a regen, but didn't know the extent of your other abilities." He said just before Sue decided to fly to me and land on my left shoulder.

"Who is that? Is she one of your magical illusions?"

"Detective, meet Sue, my avatar spirit. And yes she is a construct controlled by Sue."

"Hi detective." She said in the little voice she has in that body.

"You can manifest your avatar spirit physically? I never heard of something like that before." He said impressed.

"Not only that, she took out the last two goons last night after I got shot."

"In that little body?"

"No, I had a more panther like appearance last night."

"A pink panther? Are you kidding me?"

"Not the pink panther silly, that was Mel Friday night pulling a prank on her sister."

"Now you lost me. Does anyone have any idea what the pixie is talking about?" He asked before everyone started to laugh.

  

###

  

We explained everything to the detective and after he left dad said. "I got a call from Whateley earlier today. Somehow they found out what happened last night and the headmistress told me that they think it would be a good idea for you to go there right away."

"Why?"

"Because after you get there you'll be officially a student at Whateley and the accords will protect not only you, but us too."

"How will I go there in such a sort notice? And what about MJ? I thought we were going to go there together." I asked wanting to cry.

"She is going too. Her relationship with you makes her a target too." Dad said and MJ jumped and hugged me. "They are sending the courier that took your application form to teleport you both there."

"What about our clothes?" MJ asked.

"After he takes you there he will come back to pick up your suitcases and deliver them to you."

"Wow, they thought of everything." I said impressed.

"Yay! We're going to Mutant High." Sue said excitedly doing little cartwheels in the air.

  


  
To be continued….
  

Hi everyone. You know the drill, right? Comment, press the kudos button, blah blah blah blah.

Seriously I love to hear your opinions. Even if I don't answer every single one of the comments I DO read them all and they CAN give me ideas for the story too, so they DO have an impact of how the story develops. It might also keep me from going into a serious case of writer’s block.

Hugs,
Andrea.

up
277 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pinking

revolution's picture

I think the subject line sums up my thoughts quite well! Great story so far.

I feel so spoiled

... and I deserve it:)

I am playing hookie this morning and this is a nice surprise.

I love the idea of a pink panther, that really made my day. She is gonna be dogged as the Pink Lantern no matter what she says. I think her ability to produce active constructs is unique to the Whateley universe as all avatars seem to act only within the host body.

Please give your hyperactive muse some more sugar for me :)

GoodHealth pharma would not happen to be owned by a certain renown mutant hating family, eh? ;)

Oh, and yayyyy regen!

Kim

update her MID

looks like after she get to school they will have to update her MID. that sounds like a very high level or regen.
great chapter, looks like pixie sue is going to have some fun.
thanks

Pixie turning cartwheels!

Now I have this image of Pink Pixies turning cartwheels going, "Wheee!" :)

hugs
Grover

Just wait...

...until they meet The J Team :D

Especially if Jade obtains some skin pours the same shade of pink as Mel's constructs...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 18

Just THINK PINK and be done with it.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Very cool!

I love the pixie! That was a good idea! Maybe Sue can interact more frequently? I love this story, it just blows me away that you have them coming out so fast! I spent last night writing, and today there are 2 chapters to read...cool!

I'd say something like I can hardly wait for more, but you're putting them out so fast, maybe I won't have to wait for long!

Wren

:D

Although this is a cute story, (barring the brainwashing done from poor Mel's transformation of course) I'm scared to see her true antagonist, because the power levels she has is going to take one heck of a villain to compensate. I cant wait to see how that plays out though :D

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Mutant High

You know all these Mutant schools seem to be a dead end. Has anyone written a story about Mutants that graduate and go on to live more public lives?

Holy Pink Pixies!

Had to say it:) Great chapter as always and i am eagerly waiting for more this is a really great story.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Oh the doubt.

Thank you everyone for enjoying this silly tale of mine.

Now I have a terrible doubt. The next installment is almost ready and I think it will be ready by tonight. Should I post it today or should I wait until tomorrow?

Just a little teaser, Mel does meet Jade in this chapter.

So what do I do? Does anyone have an idea?"

Hugs,
Andrea.

POST IT!!!!!

Okay, it's not usually good to post twice, but...Please?

Wren

"Yay! We're going to Mutant High."

Elsbeth's picture

Fun chapter - keep them coming

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.