Tears of the Princess -- Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Tears of the Princess

By Melodie Thomas

Edited by Holly Hart

Tears of the Princess

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Slow healing.

Dan is slowly healing, but my isn't he in a mess now. The political twists and turns of that part of Asia are legendary which probably why our bad guys are holed up there. Getting anything done as well as get out in one piece is going to be a real trick.

Besides I don't think we've seen the last of this Mr. Smith either.

Talk about suspense!

hugs
Grover

Yes,

I agree that it looks as if Dan is healing even if slowly, and has found exactly the right person to help him do that in Lin.

Seen the last of Smith? I doubt that, too, along with the feeling were going to see more of the Brajovics as well. I get the feeling that won't be a nice time for someone.

Yunram demanding the entire pictures which included team members better left in the shadows was a bit disturbing and set off some alarm bells. Especially with what he did shortly after losing that argument.

Maggie

A real 'page turner'!

I know because I've just turned all the pages from chapter 1 to here. I somehow missed getting in at the start, which I knew was a mistake because I enjoyed 'Princess of the Desert' so much.

I think the unpredictability is a big help. After all you killed off one of the main characters in PotD (Stephanie) and good guys turned out to be not-so-good-guys, so what can we not expect here? I wouldn't put it past Melodie (aided and abetted by Holly) to kill off Dan if it suited her twisted imagination :) It wouldn't be the first time a first person narrator turned out not to be quite what the reader was lead to believe - Agatha Christie did it with one her stories (The Mysterious Affair at Styles? not sure).

The writing is great and pacy. Very few typos which helps me (no bells ring when the last one is spotted!) There's always something happening even if I'm not always too sure exactly what, to say nothing of its potential significance. I love it.

Thanks Melodie and Holly. You're doing a great job.

Robi