Pink? Why Pink? - Part 13

Printer-friendly version
"DAD! It was not my fault. I swear that the burritos I ate at the mall yesterday were the ones responsible"

  

Pink? Why Pink?
Part 13
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  


 
 

Disclaimer:
 

"This is fan fiction for the Whateley Academy series. It may or may not match the timeline, characters, and continuity, but since it's fan fiction, who cares?
  


 
 

"You said you are looking for Mark Romsey? What makes you think he might be here?" MJ's dad asked the MCO guy.

"As I said, I our sources indicate that the boy is here. It would be wise if you give him to me." the agent said with a smirk.

"Do you have a law enforcement agent with you and a search warrant?"

"Why would I need that? I'm from the MCO. Now go get me the boy before you get in trouble."

"The 'boy' isn't here, but and even if he was I wouldn't give him to you as you have no right of detaining him."

"Of course I have the right, I am a MCO agent."

"The MCO isn't a law enforcement agency, and it can't arrest people."

"Don't give me that bullshit. You are harbouring a dangerous wanted mutant and I have the obligation to take him in for evaluation." The agent said angrily.

"Wanted? Wanted by whom exactly?"

"By the police and the MCO."

"If the police is looking for him, why aren't they here with you?"

"I don't have time for this. Give me the boy now before I lose my patience and get you all arrested."

"And since when the MCO can arrest people?" A voice came from behind the MCO agent.

The owner of the voice was a tall blond police officer, and he didn't look very help about it.

"What I meant officer is that I would get the police to arrest them. It's a good thing you are here. I am supposed to take a dangerous mutant for evaluation and this person isn't cooperating."

"Are you saying that you are here to detain someone?" The officer asked.

"No, I am here to take the mutant for testing and if he doesn't deem a danger for society he will be released after that."

"Do you have a search warrant and a court order to detain the boy?"

"I don't need one. I am trying to protect innocent humans." The agent said almost screaming.

"Let me get this straight, you came here without a search warrant and wanted to look for the boy inside the house without the owner's consent, you also wanted to detain the boy against his will without a court order or an law enforcement officer is that correct?" The policeman said.

"I wouldn't put it that way." The agent said nervously.

"Officer, this man threatened to get me arrested if I didn't let him take the boy when I refused him entry into my home." MJ's dad said.

"Is that true?" The officer asked the MCO agent.

"Of course not. Who are you going to believe, him or a MCO agent?"

"I have witnesses, officer." MJ's dad said moving away from the door and letting the officer see us inside the house.

"Is that enough witnesses for you officer?" He asked.

"Yes it is, Sir. Do you want to press charges?"

"I just want him to leave us alone." MJ's dad said to the police officer. "If you had been more diplomatic I would have told you that the boy you are looking for is scheduled to give a statement at the police station in about 30 minutes or so." He said to the MCO agent.

"Then why did you make me waste my time here?" The agent said angrily and left hurriedly.

"I just hate these types." The officer told MJ's dad after the MCO agent left.

"I don't think anyone likes them. Thank you for your help, Dan."

"Don't mention it. I like to put those MCO guys in their place."

"Who doesn't?"

  

###

  

We got inside the police station (dad and I) and dad went to the reception desk to talk to the female police officer.

"I'm here to talk to detective Carl Goodman" dad said.

"And your name is?"

"John Romsey."

"Good morning, Mr Romsey. He is expecting you. I'll call him right away." The officer said and picked up the phone.

"He will be here in a minute, sir. If you don't mind me asking, who is the young lady with you? Your daughter?"

"Yes, she is my daughter."

"I hope she isn't in trouble." The officer said.

"That's why we were here, she just manifested as a mutant and we are trying to protect her from the MCO." Dad said.

"Poor dear. Those MCO guys are no good. I have a niece that is a mutant and they were a pain in the ass if you forgive me my french."

"Why is every police officer so accepting of mutants here?" I asked her.

"Because we have a few mutants working here, dear. We know that mutants are also human beings and we rather have them working on the police force than being ostracized and end up working against us because of that." She said proudly.

"That's kind of cool." I said.

At that moment a big black man came to us and introduced himself. "Good morning, I am Detective Carl Goodman. I assume you are Mr Romney?"

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Detective. Please call me John, Matt speaks very highly of you." Dad said shaking the detective's hand.

"Please, call me Carl. I believe this young lady is the reason we are meeting today?"

"Yes, this is my youngest daughter, Melody."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Melody."

"Hi." It was all I said. I was feeling a bit shy, so what?

"Follow me please." The detective said and we were led to an interrogation room.

"Don't think you are being interrogated, it is just that we don't have many places were we can talk privately around here."

"That's okay." I said.

We all sat down and he said: "The statement is just a formality, a Mr Simpson forwarded us with the CCTV footage from the incident, it clearly shows you being assaulted by Mr Marshall."

"That's good I guess." I said.

"Can we press charges against him?" My father asked.

"You could, but I'm not sure how well it would stick. The video evidence in this case is not a very god one. For one is hard to believe the young lady on front of me is the same person as the young man in the video. I wouldn't recommend because it would be more of a headache for you than it's worth."

"He's got a point there dad, it's not worth it."

"Now, I heard that you are having some problems with the MCO?"

"Yes, one MCO agent went to Matt's home today wanting to take my child into custody."

"The MCO has no powers to arrest people, that's why they say that they are taking them for test or evaluation or whichever reason they come up with. Don't worry, I won't let them take you."

"All we want is for them to issue her a temporary MID so she can travel by plane when we take her for the boarding school."

"Whateley?"

"Yes." I said.

"That's a great school, expensive as hell, but they give a lot of scholarships. I went there myself."

"I saw the brochure." Dad said.

"You did? When?"

"Yesterday. We will fill the application together later."

"Now, where were we?" The detective asked. "I believe you were tested already?"

"Yes, I believe dad has the documents."

"I have them right here." Dad said and gave him the folder.

The detective opened the folder and examined the papers for a few minutes. "Everything seems to be in order, there is even an affidavit from Doctor Paine stating that Mark and Melody are the same person. With this you should be able to not only get the MID but you can also get all her records changed to her new name and gender."

"That's great." Dad said.

"If you want I have a lawyer friend that could do that for you."

"I'd like that. I have no idea where to start to tell the truth."

"And according to the test results you seem to be quite powerful." The detective said to me.

"Yeah, but I had to change genders to get that. I'm not sure it's worth it."

"True, I wouldn't want to be in your position."

"What do we do now?" Dad asked.

"Now, I believe we made the MCO agent wait long enough. He is waiting for at least 40 minutes before you got here."

"I thought it would be the case, Matt said we would be here 30 minutes after the time the agent was at his place and we took almost an hour to leave."

"It was not my fault I had to do a pit stop before we left." I said.

"You call what you did a pit stop? You almost clogged the toilet if I heard right."

"DAD! It was not my fault. I swear that the burritos I ate at the mall yesterday were the ones responsible"

"How many did you have?" Dad asked.

"Only a dozen. They tasted funny."

"They tasted funny and you still ate a dozen?"

"I was hungry, and many things are tasting differently since I changed, so I thought it was not a big deal."

  

###

  

The detective led us to another interrogation room where the MCO agent was sat. As soon we came in he looked at us and got a confused look on his face.

"What's this? I thought I was going to see Mark Romsey, where is he?" The agent asked.

"She is right in front of you. This is Melody Romsey, until she manifested she was Mark." The detective with a hard edge on this voice.

"Then I thank you for delivering him to my care. Could you escort us to my car?" He said standing up.

"Not so fast." The detective said. "She isn't going anywhere with you."

"But I thought..."

"You thought wrong. You are here because she already got tested and she wants to have a temporary MID issued."

"But what about the attack at the school? Wasn't she the one responsible?"

"There was no attack, the CCTV images clearly showed that she was attacked and that triggered her powers to manifest."

"Even so, that shows she is dangerous and need to be properly evaluated."

"Something that falls outside the MCO's duties I might add." The detective retorted. "Here are her papers." He then threw the folder on the table.

"Dammit. Okay, I need everyone but the mutant to leave the room. I need to interview her."

"No one is leaving. First she is a minor and have the right to have her parent or guardian present. Second she just needs a Temporary MID so she can travel to her new school where she will be more thoroughly tested and get a definitive MID, so she doesn't need to be interviewed at this time."

"Temporary MIDs aren't that common you know." The agent said.

"True, but saves a lot of headaches when you are already under the MCO's radar and you plan to fly halfway across the country."

After a lot bitching and swearing from the MCO agent I finally got my Temporary MID. We thanked the detective and he gave us the contact info of his friend. Finally things started to look a little better. And who would have thought an MCO agent could whine so much or have such a colorful vocabulary?

  


  
To be continued….
  

Hi everyone. You know the drill, right? Comment, press the kudos button, blah blah blah blah.

Seriously I love to hear your opinions. Even if I don't answer every single one of the comments I DO read them all and they CAN give me ideas for the story too, so they DO have an impact of how the story develops.

Hugs, Andrea.

up
306 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Chapter!

Elsbeth's picture

Always fun, keep them coming.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Oh goody, Finally we face the reality

.... of bathroom stops of energizers who have to eat a lot of food due to their energy needs. A DOZEN burritos? Ye Gases! :)

Kim

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 13

Love seeing a martinet put in his place.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Cool

Any time I see an arrogant self serving little SOB get his butt handed to him I love it ... sounds like the old time Gestapo in modern form ..good story

Not all of the MCO

agents are bad, but this one sure was. I'm very happy he got his ass handed to him. :)
hugs
Grover

Wow!

When I started reading these yesterday, I believe we were on Episode 10. I went back to read it from the beginning, and you're already at 13!

I can guess why, though. This story drags me along, and if it as much fun to write as it is to read, then I'm not really surprised. I love the story so far, and I look forward to more!

More Whatley stories! Yes, I am working on one, but between "Pink" and "Whisper", I'm not sure I can keep up. We'll see!

Wren

This is a very fun story to

This is a very fun story to write. These last few days I been working on it on and off during the day. It became very easy to write whenever the inspiration hit ever since I got used to my new tablet.

I'm glad you are having fun reading this little silly tale that started in a weak moment of silliness.

I also hope to be able to read the Whateley story you are working on. If you need a beta reader I call dibs. :P

Hugs,
Andrea

And good news for you, I am also working on a new chapter of Sam & Jess.

It's always nice...

...when there's someone around who can remind the Mutant Control Commission Office agents what they can and cannot legally do then tell them to bugger off before they can 'disappear' a mutant.

So presumably next time they'll be tackling the famous Whateley application form (including the bits about whether the mutation is causing a change in gender / sexuality), before Melody flies off to New Hampshire and meets the rest of the motley crew of students... including the most notorious 'changelings' ever known to Whateley... :)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Just got here

I'm not sure why I had avoided reading this story, but I'm so glad that I finally got to it. Thank you for a lot of fun.

Dance the dream you're in

I'm glad you are having fun

I'm glad you are having fun with my story. Thank you.

Hugs,
Andrea

She's very lucky...the MCO have a way of vanishing mutants.

I'd still watch out for them instigating H1 or others to create another forced situation. I liked the energizer/food thing and excited to see the bit with her and the visit to MJ's mom.
*Great stuff.*

Bailey Summers

Burritos?!?!?!

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Not a nice fresh pink kale garden salad? Whuts the wierlds komming too?

MCO = Militant Communist Obliette.

Diesel Driver's picture

I expect the MCO will try something to kidnap her somewhere along the way. Probably at the airport.

Chris