Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1726

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1726
by Angharad

Copyright © 2012 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I asked Stella to collect the girls, I felt I couldn’t leave Jacquie, and Sammi didn’t have a licence. She tutted, Stella always does, but she did go and get them while Sammi looked after Pud and Fiona, Catherine was in with me being breast fed while Jacquie made us a cuppa. She looked worn out, mind you I felt like that too, so how I was going to cope with three more mouseketeers and Danny, I had no idea.

As it turned out, the computers went down for some reason and Sammi and Trish, aided and abetted by Livvie and Danny spent an hour getting the system back up and running. Somehow it kept them all amused, as Mima played with Puddin’ and Fiona and I was able to keep an eye on Jacquie, not that she was in my view a danger to herself, she was to o tired for one thing–and I suspect despite her low self esteem, she was a fellow survivor.

She went for a short lie down and I asked Trish to keep an eye on her while I made the dinner. I did coq au vin as we had a spare bottle of wine, and everyone likes it. It pretty well cooks itself in the oven and once I’d got the veg done, I could have a little sit down myself–I felt completely drained and my eyes were hurting–I think they wanted to close for an hour or two. So on the pretext of planning a lesson, I went to my study and fell asleep at my desk.

Sammi woke me an hour later, and it took me a while to work out where I was, or who she was. “Where’s Jacquie?” I demanded.

“She’s okay, she’s making you a cuppa–she said she thought you were wonderful.”

“Obviously a woman of taste,” I joked but it was nice feedback and better than hearing she’d topped herself.

“I happen to agree with her.”

“Only because you want a lift to work tomorrow.”

“Nah, I’ll catch the bus, it runs practically past the door of the bank and directly past here–couldn’t have been better if I’d arranged it myself.”

“How d’you feel about the job?”

“I’m a bit anxious, naturally, but I think it’s amazing that I’m going to be on the payroll as a woman. I can’t really believe it, but if I pinch myself much more often I’ll be covered in bruises.”

I smiled at her. “I’m sure you’ll be fine, remember they’re as scared of you as you of them. Most of them won’t have knowingly met a transsexual anyway, and they won’t think it’s you, you’re far too natural and too pretty.”

“Thank you, Mummy, and I mean thank you–but for you, I’d still be sat in my room fretting.”

“I know the feeling.”

“Really?”

We spent the next few minutes with me recollecting my time at the bedsit, the neighbours I had and the campaign of poison pen letters and the attempt on my life which Tom and the police marksman prevented.

“So it was his secretary all the time?”

“It would seem that way.”

“That must have been frightening?”

“It was.”

“You certainly get into some scrapes don’t you?”

“I have done–how d’you know all that.”

“You have a website.”

“I have a what?”

“A website, ‘Cathy Cameron–an unusual specimen,’ it’s called.”

“Who the hell has put that up?”

“I thought you had?”

“It’s the first I’ve heard of it.” I rose from my desk and stormed into the lounge where Trish and Livvie were doing their homework. “What’s this about a website?”

“What website’s that then, Mummy?” asked our resident genius.

“Sammi has told me that there’s a website about me.”

“Nothing to do with our website, Mummy; is it Liv.”

“Nope.”

“Your website–since when have you had a website?” This was all news to me.

“Oh it’s nothing special, just a bit of fun, really, but I thought I’d get some practice in–so I did one for Liv as well, and Meems.”

“You did one for Mima? What does she want a website for?”

“To post her blogs.”

“What?” I pushed my hair out of my eyes more as an expression of exasperation than anything else–it was probably kinder than tearing it out, which was what I was feeling. “Show me,” I demanded and they both fell about laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I almost spat at them I felt so angry.

“Your face, Mummy–we haven’t got a website, Daddy made us take it down.”

“What? Why didn’t he tell me?”

“We–um–asked him not to, because we knew you’d be upset.”

“But this website purporting to be about me, that’s not a joke is it?”

“Dunno, haven’t seen it,” Trish said and with Sam’s help found it in moments.

I watched the picture emerge–it looked as if I had a huge ego, the way it was constructed. There was a page on crime fighting and my exploits, up to and including the bike shop episode. It showed me as a heroine saving the baby from the burning car and the old lady from drowning.

“How do we get it taken down?” I asked Sammi.

“You usually contact the site and say you’re unhappy about it and would they take it down, or failing that speak to the host site.”

“What if they refuse?”

“I don’t think they can if you can prove you didn’t post it or give permission–oh and threaten to sue–that usually helps.”

There appeared a page about my stint as an actress and newspaper reviews, whoever was doing it certainly knew a bit about me, although, there was a link to my dormouse activities, there was nothing about the clip on You tube, and there was no mention of my previous life or sex. Surely if they knew me as well as the website shows they must, then they must also know about my earlier life.

“Sammi, could you contact the site and ask them to take it down.”

“I’ll try, want me to ask the host?”

“Yes please, oh and threaten to sue if they don’t–with my name behind such a threat they should comply.”

“Okay, Mummy, I’ll get straight on to it.”

I suddenly realised I had a stalker and gave an involuntary shiver.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
248 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hands Up

Maddy Bell's picture

I think its Mittfh - no one knows more about the Camerons


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Not Guilty, guv.

I know you're joking, but let's see what online sources in the real world there are...

Well, there is the summary spreadsheet, but that hasn't been updated in yonks and difficult to find if you don't know what you're after; and a prototype wiki, which is also in serious need of an update - those are my concerns. Then there's the Bike Archive courtesy of PS... but of course all of those sources (as well as the original postings here) do mention in numerous places that the world-at-large thought she was a boy for the first 20-odd years of her life. Oh, and while I have the knowledge to build websites, I'm just too darn lazy - my only attempt at one resided on GeoCities and was left to wither and die once I left uni.

-oOo-

Anyway, returning to the story, it sounds as though the exploits are all stuff that's been reported in the media - in addition to a take down request, it might be worth asking the host for details on who set up the site. Alternatively, if the site's hosted at its own domain rather than on an ISP's free webspace, then it might be possible to find out who's responsible without asking the host: running a whois command usually tells you who bought the domain and when.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Hmmm.. a fan site

kind of worrisome. Evidently painting Cathy with a very complimentary brush but still, a little creepy to discover that someone you may not know has a web site dedicated to you.

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1726

OK, Bonzi! Stop stalking Cathy! She does not have Spike, nor any dormice. If you continue, Cathy will sic Kiki on you.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Maybe not a stalker

.... but certainly that person may be a groupie. I don't know what is worse though.

Problem is, for her to be a target as usual can cause issues with the rest of her brood as the stalker might go after them too.

Kim

How much does "someone" know

Someone seems to know an awful about Cathy. I am glad though that they 1. Don't know her past or 2. Will use it as blackmail against her for asking to take the site down.
thrilling and cliff hanging as always Ang

hugs

Jackie

A Question About Jacquie

littlerocksilver's picture

I have been thinking about this for quite a while. Jacquie states she doesn't have any ovaries; however, nothing in the tale suggests that she is not producing estrogen (oestrogen). She has not apparently experience menopause. She appears to present as a young woman. She is not growing a moustache. At least no one has mentioned it. Without estrogen, she should be losing body fat and skin tone. I think her ovaries are still present, and she might even be experiencing PMS. This would account for some of her mood swings at times. If this is the case, it might mean that she could still be a genetic parent if the right man came along. They could harvest her eggs and the fertilized eggs could be implanted in a host.

I'm sorry, it's just that I want so much for things to work out for this unfortunate young woman. Of course, the doctors might have been prescribing HRT for her, but I don't think that has been mentioned.

Portia

hmmmmm

wonder what the story is...

The plot thickens.

Wow it is a bit concerning that Catherin has a secret fan or fan club tagging about. But there will be some reckoning for the invasion of such a private but all the same public person. I hope whoever is behind this is walking on level ground and is just honestly a fan of our fantastic person, and not someone walking on a bias one foot in the nut house and one on the line of almost being insane Catherin does not need that any more than we need another hole in our head.

Jacquie may have received more from her healing from Catherin than just mending of the flesh. My theory is that the Goddess may have pushed things into a regeneration mode that the Dr needs to do an ultra sound again to see what has been replaced and repaired. This may have implications for Catherin and her TS children for a complete transition. I have always felt that the blue light is a lot more powerful than Catherin allowed it to be. And at least for others she may find it irresistible to let it do all it can especially her beloved children. There is so much more potential the Goddess has only hinted at than Catherin has allowed to flow through her.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

The end is nigh!

Athena N's picture

So, in a couple of days Angharad will sadly tell us how she got this nice and polite letter from Lady Cameron of Stanebury and will honour the wishes of Her Ladyship. End of story.

I'm glad ...

I'm glad Cathy's keeping a weather eye on Jacquie and I'm also wondering if the 'Blue Light' might be inadvertently healing Jacquie. T'would be fantastic if it did.

As to the possible stalker; well, another cliff-hanger ... jus' have to wait and see.

Still lovin it Ang.

OXOXOX

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

It must be very

worrying to find you have a stalker, And even more so when there does not appear to be any reason for them to be doing it... So who could it be ?

My first thought was someone like Jenny who feels possibly that Cathy owes her something, But given there does not seem to be anything too negative about our heroine contained on the website maybe not, Perhaps then it could be someone from the university who thinks a lot of his/her teacher and just has a funny way of showing it...

The big problem however in working out who it might be is the fact that while Cathy is loved dearly by her family, There are many outside the family who might have reason not to love her... Maybe the next few episodes will provide us with a few clues, And then my only problem will be spotting them... Sherlock Holmes, I am not !

Kirri

That is new,

Wonder how much trouble it will cause.