Hunger Pangs Part 3 of 9

Printer-friendly version
hunger-pangs_xs.png
Hunger Pangs - Part 3 of 9

By Daniela A. Wolfe



Archie was an orphan who never suspected that there was anything out of the ordinary about himself. After bedding a beautiful stranger, he soon finds a strange hunger has awaken within him and learns he is anything but ordinary.


The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of D.A.W.

Well this is my foray into the DarkRealms Universe, hopefully I can do it justice. Shout outs to Enemyoffun for creating this wonderful universe and for allowing me to write in it, Loki for allowing me to use several Cordays in his story and for his help and suggestions, and djkauf for the superb editing.

I conceived the basic idea for this story long-ago as a stand alone, but one day after reading one of EOF's DRU stories I was struck with the idea that it with a little bit of adjusting it would fit well into the Dark Realms Universe. I apologize in advance for the protagonist, he's a bit of an ass and he has a rather foul tongue.

Be sure to check out the DarkRealms Wiki where I will be updating the articles periodically.

As with all my stories this is a work of fiction and as such any resemblance to real life individuals events or locations is purely unintentional. Only Bigcloset Topshelf has permission to post this story.

WARNING: This story is much darker than what you will typically see from me. It has explicit content including, sex, scenes of rape, suicidal themes, and language. If any of these things offend you please read no further.

"Holy Shit! Daniel you're alive!" were the first words out of my mouth.

Daniel looked pretty battered and bruised and he had a blood-stained cloth wrapped around his left arm just above his elbow, but at least he was alive. The gun he had aimed at Selina looked identical to the one that Darrell had holstered under his jacket. Daniel had probably picked it up from one of the guys who had attacked the apartment. "I said put him down!" Daniel commanded glaring at Darrell intently.

"Put him down, my dear," Selina said with a faint smile.

Again, Darrell dropped me to the ground. Shit, why couldn't Selina have been more specific? I grunted against the pain then scrambled to my feet. "Daniel," I said. "It's alright you can put the gun down."

Daniel glanced at Selina and Darrell warily, then he nodded and tucked the gun into the back of his pants. "Please tell me you know what's going on," he said with a wary sigh.

"Shit man, you wouldn't believe me if I told you," I replied with a wry grin.

"This is all your fault, isn't it?!" Daniel asked between clench teeth as he rounded on Selina. "I should have never let Archie leave the club with you."

Selina sighed, "If you are referring to the gunmen, they are after me, near as far as I can tell I did nothing to warrant their attention."

Daniel shook head and spoke between gritted teeth, "Let's get out of here. Then you, Archie and I are going to have a long talk."

Selina nodded, "Archie, can you walk on your own?"

"Even if I couldn't I wouldn't let Darrell carry me. Don't we still need a ride?"

"I got that covered. Come on, if we stay here much longer someone is bound to call the police if they haven't already," Daniel said motioning for us to follow.

"Wait, what about him?" I said pointed down to the guy lying there on the ground. I couldn't just leave him there, not after what I had done to him.

Selina walked over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder, "Leave him, he's better off."

"Someone could come by and run him over. We should at least put him somewhere warm," I said.

Selina smiled sympathetically, "Yes, we can do that at least."

Struck with a sudden idea, I reached down and stuck my hand down in his pockets. A wave of dizziness swept over me, and I fought down the urge to start feeding on him again. I pulled his keys out and felt a small sense of satisfaction when I found what I wanted on his key chain, a key fob. With a deep breath I turned away from him, and felt my need to feed dwindle. I handed the key fob to Selina, "We could probably find his car with this."

Selina nodded and pressed a button on the small remote, the horn on a nearby car started blaring. She pressed the button again, and silenced the car. "Darrell, my dear pick the gentleman up and kindly place him in the car."

Darrell bent over to pick the guy up and I moved to open the car door so he could set him down. After the man was seated, I bent down to straighten his legs and felt that same hungry feeling come over me and quickly stepped away. I let Selina finish up for me, she put the keys back in his pocket and slammed the car door shut.

"We better get out of here," Daniel said when it was all finished.

"Yeah, lead the way," I said.

We followed him down a few rows and stopped at a huge silver king-cab truck. "It belongs to Stu," he explained as he opened the passenger side door and pulled the seat forward.

"Why don't you sit in back like a good boy," Selina said tracing a finger across Darrell's cheek.

The big thug climbed into the rear seat with the usual stupid grin on his face and I got in after him. "You sure you want to sit back there with that guy? There's something that sets me on edge about him," Daniel said grabbing my shoulder.

"It's probably for the best. Fuck, I'd be more worried about me if I were you," I said, and received a sharp look from Daniel before I climbed into the back seat. Shit, if I tried to feed on Daniel while he was driving it would spell disaster for us all.

Selina slid into the front passenger seat, and a moment later Daniel hopped in the driver’s side. "So where to?"

"Some place where we can hide until things settle down," Selina said.

"I know just the place," Daniel replied with a shake of his head.

He started the truck and sped out of the parking lot. "Okay, someone tell me what's going on now."

Selina glanced back at me with a warning look then let out a sigh. "How might you answer if I said 'What lies in the shadows remains unseen'"?

Daniel glanced over at Selina with a surprised look on his face, "Well, if you're saying what I think you're saying, I'd say the two of us should talk somewhere a bit more private."

"I don't think that will be necessary," Selina said.

"Yeah, well I disagree," he shot back.

"You're a were, aren’t you?" Selina said suddenly.

Daniel slammed on the brakes and turned to stare at Selina with his mouth hanging open. Selina met his gaze and the two just sat there staring at each other for almost a minute. Cars whizzed past us honking their horns as the passed by, one almost rear-ended the truck.

It was Selina that finally broke the silence, "Don't worry. Archie and I are both Unseen, and Darrell, well he couldn't tell anyone even if I instructed him to."

"You're an Unseen?" he asked looking back at me.

"Uh, what the fuck is an Unseen?" I asked giving him a confused look.

"Some people would call an Unseen a monster," Selina said.

"Well, I'd say that freaking well fits the bill," I spat bitterly.

"I don't like it. How can I be sure your friend won't spill the beans," he said pointing his thumb back at Darrell.

Selina sighed, "He's a slave to my will. He exists only to please me."

Daniel's jaw dropped again then he shook his head and put his foot down on the accelerator and the truck lurched back into motion.

"So what are you? If I had to guess I'd say you were a vamp, but I think I'd be wrong," he said glancing at Selina with a level look.

"Succubus," she said.

"And Archie? What's he an incubus or something?"

"I'm a succubus, too," I muttered bitterly. It wasn't like I could deny it after I had practically raped that guy.

"Crap, I'm sorry man," he replied with nowhere near the amount of surprise I would have expected.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I'm a Were," he said simply.

"You're aware of what?"

Daniel chuckled, "No, man I am a Were. You have heard of werewolves haven't you?"

"You're a werewolf then?"

"No, no, there's different types. I turn into a bear, a Kodiak to be exact," he said casually.

"Shit, that was you I saw at the apartment!" I said.

"Yeah, that was me," he said with a shudder.

"Something wrong?"

"I just don't like violence is all," he said.

That took me aback a bit; it seemed like an odd comment coming from a guy that could change into a massive killing machine at will. I didn't respond because I couldn't really think of something to say to that. I had this image in my head of Daniel turning into a bear and tearing everything around him into pieces. Maybe, I shouldn't have been too quick to assume.

My attention drifted and my need, no my hunger, started to grow again. I reached over to Darrell and I started to unzip his pants, my hands reached for his cock. Distantly I heard Selina say something then I felt his Darrell's hands lock around my wrists and force me away. I struggled against him, but I couldn't break free.

"Please," I begged. "I need it, why won't you let me have it?!"

"Not here, dear. I promise you can feed soon. Just hold on a little longer," she said reaching across the seat and stroking my cheek.

I don't know exactly why, but I seemed to grow more lucid. The hunger was still strong, but I was able to think rationally. I nodded, "I don't know how much longer I can wait," I said and felt like crying. Darrell's hold on me loosened and I put my head between my knees and clutched it with my hands.

"Did you do this to him?" Daniel said with accusation in his voice.

"Yes and no, losing one's virginity is usually the catalyst and that would have happened eventually with or without another succubus to help the process along," Selina said calmly.

"So when he says he needs something he's talking about sex?" Daniel asked incredulously.

"Yes, but at the moment his ability to feed is hampered by his male form. He can suck a man dry and only gain a small amount of energy," Selina said sadly.

Pins and needles prickled across my body and I felt like vomiting. Dizziness washed over me, with wave after wave, like ocean currents washing against a beach. Cold chills wracked my body and I was sweating so bad I felt like I had taken a shower in my clothes. God, I needed to feed. Why wouldn't Selina let me feed? It seemed so unfair!

By some miracle I kept myself from reaching across the seat and trying to feed on Darrell again, but it was a close thing. The thought crossed my mind a number of times, but whatever part of myself that still resisted managed to keep me from doing so. Every moment was torture, distantly I could hear Selina and Daniel talking, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. They might have well have been speaking in another language. Finally, after an eternity of fighting back my hunger the truck came to a stop and I felt a pair of large hands wrap themselves around me and lift me like a child.

After a short time, that might as well have been another eternity, I fed. It was glorious or at least I thought so at the time. I reached deep in my victim, and drained nearly every last bit of energy I could, but when it was all done I was still hungry. I almost sapped away that last little bit of energy, but I restrained myself. Somehow I knew that if I drained everything my victim would die. Slowly sanity returned to me, and I became aware of my surroundings.

I was lying atop Darrell with my hands over his crotch, I quickly yanked them away and suppressed the urge to vomit. Despite being unconscious, he still had that stupid shit-eating grin on his face, and I shuddered at the sight of him. I stood and backed away from his unconscious form, and noticed that I felt stronger than I had all day. In fact, other than being hungry for both food and sex, I felt amazing.

I looked around and noticed my shabby surroundings. The room I was in looked like it hadn't been inhabited by humans in years. Paint was peeling away from the walls, and what remained of the carpet was stained black and brown with dirt and god knew what else. Darrell was lying on the ground atop a blanket, which, despite being a bit shabby, looked clean.

I shuddered and turned away I couldn't bear the thought of what I had done to Darrell. I looked down at my hands and realized something was wrong. They looked different somehow, not much, but it was enough for me to detect a difference. The fingers seemed just a bit thinner, and maybe even a little longer.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I yelled with my fists clenched. I had a feeling I knew what was happening. Selina had never said anything about it, but it made sense that if I was a succubus that I would transform somehow. I pulled my shirt off, and winced at the sight of my chest. All my chest hair was gone, and my nipples were swollen and tender to the touch. I ran my hand through my hair and realized that it was longer, if only by about an inch.

If I had any doubts about my changes, they were gone after I pulled my pants down. The changes in my crotch were drastic to say the least. My usual equipment had almost completely disappeared. A half-formed mound had appeared in its place, the only remnant of penis was a tiny nub that stuck out from my new cunt. I stared at the damn thing and felt like hitting something. Why the hell did this have to happen to me?

I screamed and suppressed my violent urges. All my dreams, all my hopes for the future had gone down the tube. I couldn't hope to finish my degree, no one would recognize me. There would be no way to prove my identity. It was worse than that though, I couldn't use my social security number, I wouldn't have any documented past whatsoever. I would be starting over with a blank slate, and no way to fill it.

A hand touched my shoulder and I turned to find Selina looking back at me with tears in her eyes. "I am sorry."

I wanted to hate Selina I wanted to yell and scream at her, but for some reason I just couldn't. "You said in the car that I would have awakened eventually with or without your help."

"I didn't think you had been aware enough to hear that," Selina said staring at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't hear much else, but I believe you. God knows why, but I do," I said.

She smiled, "It's not so bad once you get used to it. In time you might even come to enjoy it."

"Selina, I had dreams. I wanted to make something of myself, and now... Now there's no way I'll ever get my degree," I muttered as tears fell down my face.

"You're not the only one who has had their dreams shattered," she muttered sadly.

I didn't respond, I merely stared at Selina. I had never thought of her as anything but the sexy shelf-assured creature that she seemed to be. "I had just gotten married," she continued. "I thought I would spend the rest of my life with Shamus. I had never been with a man before, I was nervous that I wouldn't know what to do or that I wouldn't please him. When we consummated our love I awoke as a succubus and started to feed on him. I drained him dry, and he died."

I stared at Selina with a horrified look on my face, "I just left then, I hated myself for what I did. All my dreams, my hopes of raising a family and spending a lifetime with the man I loved, everything was shattered. I ran away from everything and everyone I knew and I changed along the way. I had always been a plain girl, Shamus told me I was pretty, and he made me feel pretty sometimes. I never really believed him, though. It's funny I always envied beautiful women, but the price of becoming one was greater than I had ever imagined."

"Selina, I'm sorry I had no idea," I said not really knowing what else to say.

Selina shook her head, "Don't be. Ours is a lonely existence, but maybe it doesn't have to be. You could come with me when I leave this town. I've been alone for far too long."

"I'll think about it," I said quietly.

"Get dressed, you need to get some food in you," she said suddenly then turned and left the room.

I looked down at Darrell again, and suppressed a shudder. Then I hurriedly got dressed and followed Selina out of the room.

I took a bite out of the energy bar, the hurriedly devoured the rest of it. "Jeez man, how long has been since you've eaten?" Daniel said from across the battered dining table.

We were in an old abandoned house a few miles outside of Ravencrest. The kitchen wasn't in any better shape than the other room I had seen, but it had furniture at least. "Last night," I said after swallowing.

"Here have another," Daniel said tossing me a foil-wrapped bar.

I had flat out refused the beef jerky he had tried to get me to eat. Normally, I loved the stuff, but the sight of it made me want to vomit. I tore open the package and devoured the bar in mere seconds. The bar tasted awful, but I would have eaten almost anything. Well, except for jerky apparently.

"So, how do you feel?" he asked with a worried expression.

"Weird as fucking hell," I muttered. My head wouldn't stop spinning and I felt like I was being jabbed by thousands of tiny needles.

"So, you're really going to change?" he asked.

"Going to? Shit, I've already started," I growled with a shudder.

Daniel looked at me thoughtfully for a moment, "Now that I think about it you do look a little different."

"Can we talk about something else?" I asked.

"Sure," Daniel said with an apologetic smile.

"How did you find us?" I asked suddenly.

"I tracked you by scent," he said with a proud grin.

"By scent, you mean like a dog?" I asked incredulously.

Daniel folded his arms across his chest and shook his head, "Being a were does have its advantages. Most people don't know this, but bears can smell better than wolves or dogs and even in human form I can smell well enough to track a scent. Especially ones as strong as yours and Selina's."

I stared at him for a moment then burst out laughing. "You realize that you're a were bear, right?"

He stared at me blankly, "Yeah, I don't get why that's funny."

"A were bear," I said emphasizing 'were'. "You know how ridiculous that sounds don't you?"

"Uh, I still don't get it man," he said with another blank look.

"Well, it's nothing, but it sort of sounds like care bear is all," I said barely able to contain my laughter.

It really wasn't that funny, why was I laughing so hard? Abruptly, I stopped, not by choice, but because I couldn't breathe. I struggled for breath, but it just wouldn't come. My limbs seemed to go limp and I fell to the floor with a dull thud. Frantically, I tried to grab for my throat, but I couldn't move my arms. Daniel's shadow appeared over me and suddenly his lips were over my own. At first my air deprived mind thought he was kissing me, but then I realized he was giving me mouth to mouth.

Suddenly, air flooded through my lungs, and I sat up with a start. I could feel the hunger build and I reached toward Daniel. I yanked my hand away when I realized what I had almost allowed myself to do. I couldn't feed on Daniel, he was my friend. "Get away from me!" I screamed suddenly and felt my eyes bulge out of my head at the sound of my voice. Shit, I sounded like a damn girl.

"Archie, buddy, it's alright," he said reaching for my shoulder.

I scrambled away from him, "Fuck, do you know how close I came to feeding on you?!" I screamed again. "Please just don't come near me. I don't want to hurt you," I said with a pleading tone.

Daniel nodded and backed off, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

"I... think I need to be alone right now," I said with long intake of breath. I took a few more steps back then fled into the closest room, slammed the half-rotted door closed behind me and sank to the floor as tears streamed down my face.

"Man up," I said to myself, my newly feminine voice sounding odd to my ears, and started to laugh. No I wasn't nuts, I was just close to the breaking point. Not to mention that telling myself to 'man up' was incredibly ironic since I was turning into a fucking chick. I had wept enough, and I didn't intend to do any more crying if I could help it. I wiped the tears from my face and looked down at my hands and was shocked by what I found. My hands look so different they might as well have belonged to someone else. They were long and delicate; in short they were the hands of a woman.

I stood, and felt a wave of dizziness wash over me. I put my hand on the wall to steady myself, but it didn't help much. I caught a glint of something on the other side of the room scattered among the refuse, and I stumbled over to it. I dug through all the junk, throwing aside rotting pieces of clothing, broken pieces of furniture and old wooden toys as I did so. Then I found it, what I had been hoping to find, a small hand mirror with a crack across it. I studied my reflection and stared at the stranger looking back at me.

There was still a bit of my old face mixed in, but since I wasn't finished changing, I doubted there would be much if any of my old features left when I was finished. Like my hands, my face looked much more feminine and my eyes had shifted color, instead of being brown they were now a vibrant blue. The face in the mirror was quite striking, not pretty exactly, but appealing nonetheless.

"Fuck!?" I said touching my face in disbelief. I hadn't expected such drastic changes in so short a time. I sighed and shook my head, it didn't matter really, it didn't change the fact that I was turning into a sex demon or whatever the hell succubi were. I shook my head and felt hair brush again my neck. It was just a little past shoulder length now and somehow seemed a much more vibrant shade of red than it had been before. I reached out and grabbed it, it was thick, and silky-smooth. I knew some women who would kill for hair like that.

I glanced down at my chest, and shuddered at the sight of the two bulges that poked out from it. They were a little on the small side, but I doubted they'd stay that way. I had shrunk quite a lot, my shirt was now a few sizes too large and my pants seemed about ready to fall off. I sighed and pulled my shirt and pants off. The first thing I noticed was the damn slit between my legs, the last remnant of my cock was gone, and as near as I could tell the plumbing looked right. I hadn't really seemed to develop much of a figure yet, my waist had narrowed and my hips bulged out a little, but other than that my proportions looked quite boyish.

I glared down at the body in disgust; I would never be able to pass for male again. My face alone made that impossible. "Just fucking great," I muttered angrily as I reached down to grab my clothes.

I quickly redressed then vacated the room.

Surprise flashed across Selina's face when I first stepped into the dilapidated kitchen. "I was beginning to worry."

"I needed some alone time," I muttered.

"Daniel told me what happened," she said with a sympathetic smile. "He seemed to think he provoked you into trying to feed on him."

I laughed and shook my head, "That's just like him. He always tried to take blame for things that weren't his fault. Where is he anyway?"

"He's out hunting for food."

"Is it normal? For succubi to change. So quickly I mean," I said sitting down at the table.

"It happens," Selina said with a shrug. "Some change more quickly than others. Usually those that shift genders take longer, but not always."

"Why wasn't I born a girl? I mean it doesn't seem to make sense for me to turn into a fucking chick if I was born a guy," I said angrily.

"It has to do with the way in which we are conceived. At least with those of us that are born and not made," she said standing up and took my hands in hers.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Succubi could be made? I wanted to ask her what that meant, but it would have to be a question for later. My original inquiry was more important to me at the moment.

"It's difficult to explain and I'm not sure I understand it myself, but I will try. Before a succubus or incubus awakens their true self is buried under a false human shell. After a succubus and an incubus mate the mother succubus then mates with a human whose seed provides this shell for the unborn child. That shell begins to crack when you awaken and eventually crumbles away as you start to feed."

"So it's just a random accident that I was born male instead of female. I don't exactly understand how that might work, but I do recall that a child's gender is determined by whether or not the sperm that fertilizes the egg has an x or y chromosome. The sperm from the human must have contained a y chromosome and the sperm from the incubus must have contained an x," I said locking eyes with Selina.

"Possibly," Selina said with an amused smile.

I didn't get a chance to ask, a loud bang sounded from the other room. Selina and I exchanged glances then we both took off running towards the source of the sound. Daniel was standing in the front doorway, he had a panicked expression on his face and he was drenched with sweat. The carcass of a deer was sprawled on the ground off to the side as if it had been flung away as an afterthought.

"We have to leave. NOW!" he said with wide eyes.


To be continued...

Comments, however short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, Constructively,

Your story is fascinating and exciting! Do we know where this is taking place? Is it one of the two DR locations or somewhere new?

Thanks for your time and effort writing this for us!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Answer

This is taking place in Ravencrest. Archie is on a scholarship to Ravencrest University.

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks, glad you liked it. :D


Have delightfully devious day,

That's not good!

Archie has a lot of hard decisions to make. Selene for all of her predator nature isn't the worst of sorts. Kind of reminds of the Scorpion. It's her nature.
hugs
Grover

Scorpion

Sadarsa's picture

Exactly, dont get mad at the scorpion when it stings you.... it's your own darn fault for playing with it in the first place.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Selina isn't the only Scorpion

Daniela Wolfe's picture

So what happens when the scorpion stings the scorpion?


Have delightfully devious day,

Hard decisions...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Oh, if only you knew! ^_^


Have delightfully devious day,

Developments!

In more ways than one :D

So, Archie's started morphing into his (or should I say her?) true form, has discovered his room-mate's a were-bear, ditched Darrell and found himself on the run with Selene and Daniel (it wouldn't surprise me if they're representatives of another organisation - possibly an as-yet unused one with religious overtones that primary concentrates on killing specific Unseen - namely those they regard as the spawn of Satan).

Meanwhile, it'll be interesting to see if, once the adventure's over, whether Selene and Archie leave Ravencrest and pursue the traditional nomadic lifestyle, or take a leaf out of Sile's book and find some means of staying (under strict conditions, of course!) - while Sile is a different species, she has a similar approach to hunting (although in her case, she can 'feed' remotely without needing body contact - it's unknown whether it's possible for succubi to do likewise or if, like the vampires, they have to have body contact. Still, even in the latter case, as long as they don't plan on expanding their number, there's probably enough students to go around both them and the vampires...)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Darell is....

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Darrell is still about. ;)
Sometimes plans can go awry...


Have delightfully devious day,

You changed some of the names on me!

D:< How dare you! (JK)

Like I said before, excellent story and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it posted. ;)

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Who me?

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Who me? I don't know what you're talking about! I would never do such a thing, I swear! :P

^_^ Thanks


Have delightfully devious day,

Hunger Pangs Part 3 of 9

How long till he/she has fully changed? Any change in height?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine