My Super Secret Life...Potentials-7 The Start.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Potentials-7 The Start.

Chapter 7

*Samantha Chase…

I have a splitting headache and things are blurry when I come too and I’m in Cody’s arms.

Yayness that’d be so nice some other time. I cough and I can taste blood from the strain attack. Pinprick hemorrhages happen when you push yourself if you’re like me sometimes. It’s what happens when you sort of short yourself out.

“Gah…shit…oh my head.”

“You okay?”

“No…but I’ve gotta be.”

“No you don’t I mean you did what you could I mean like shit…you don’t look good and leave it to the others.”

“I’ll be okay…just set me down.”

Cody sets me down and grabs a bottle of water that was there from one of the others. “Here drink this.”

I take in and sip at the water and we can hear the chaos over by the bridge. I hear Cody say.

“Shit…Drew!”

I look up and Cody turns jet black, like living night and then there this sound like air ripping like from an air compressor sort of that Hissssssss-crack!

Then he’s gone? Just this wisp of black fog dissipating from where he was.

Teleporter?

*Karma/Quinn…

I’m in a body it’s some student…or will be one of us just freaked out to the point of being paralyzed with fear.

Mark…Mark Sheridan…

I feel something, something so…so different that before. There’s this thing there this instinct and it…shapeshifter…stretcher too.

Okay…shit here goes nothing.

I delve into that feeling getting hurled into all these experiences and the kid can feel me…which is freaking him out all the more.

~Chill! Chill! Help me do this? ~

~What are you! You’re in my head, oh god you’re in my head! I’m gonna die! ~

I’m assailed by images. He’s used his powers before…disguised himself…pounded bullies, made his dong larger…like seeing just how much he could shift it…changed genders…oh…he’s been a really x-rated kid and there’s too much…

~Show me how? I need to know how to stretch!”~

~What are you?!~

~I’m a student like you; I get pulled in to possess people that need help. ~

~Help! How are you going to help? ~

~You show me how to shift, to stretch! I can, we can save us! ~

~What! ~

~Mark fuck! Just do it! You won’t be the nasty perv y’know…just a hero…a stand up guy! ~

That’s it and it might be self serving stuff getting through to him and all that but he has some serious guilt over some of the stuff he’s done and he sort of let’s me ride along these feelings, instincts really.

It’s a good thing the speed of thought is pretty fast.

I reach out shooting out my arms and my legs…our arms and legs and I wrap them around the seats and the metal posts and I…we become this human or meta spiderweb and the kids behind us are hitting us and our torso and we get stretched so hard I can feel tearing and our back hits the glass hard and shattering it.

There’s that feeling of falling mixed with stretching and I am adding all of my strength to his just…~Just gotta hang on! ~

*Faith/Drew…

I’m passed by the big golden streak and the smaller crimson one as they head for the shit storm going on and I’m still pushing it…I’m not a fast flyer.

And I’m not in uniform….costume…whatever.

C’mon…c’mon you can do this! You’re flying straight down for christsakes that means you have to be faster!

I’m not sure where it came from but there was this surge…this sense of. ~You can do it. ~

It’s from just one person…but I can feel it still.

About two hundred feet from the water I pass them and I yell at one as I get under her. “Arms around my shoulders!” she grabs a hold of me and she hangs on tight and I reach out to the other two and yell. “Hang on! Both hands really tight!”

I fly up as hard as I can braking us…

I’m not built or powered up for this kind of thing! I feel my shoulders tearing out of my sockets and I scream.

I sound like a damned girl.

We drop about a hundred feet before we stop and I can still feel that person out there hoping, believing in me and it was enough…

I want to throw up it hurts so bad.

Then I hear the woman screaming in my ear.

There’s gunfire from one of the terrorist exo-suits and I swear I can feel hit when he gets us in his sights and the smile.

Then there’s blackness.

*Cody St. Pierre…

I was trying to help Sam recover and it was like nothing I ever felt before…I had gotten Sam her water and looked up at Drew saving those people…protestors and putting her mutant butt on the line for them.

Then I saw the powered armor suit coming in firing at Drew with the stuck there being a sitting duck.

So not fair.

And Drew’s kind of hot really. Emo hot but messed up and yet she’s really brave too.

I don’t want her to die!

Everything went what they call photo negative and super slow motion… and there was this stuff all around me? Swirling, moving and swirling…there was this eddy, this circular swirl and I could see…see…Drew through the golf ball sized hole and I pushed the stuff that energy? Into it making it spin more and make the hole bigger?

I dive through.

Everything snaps through behind me with a hell of a kick and suddenly I’m there and I’m tackling Drew and the people out of the air but the bullets are still going hit!

C’mon!

I do it again! The hole…I point it, imagining it at the beach…

We come through hitting the beach that was below us and I’m slammed into the sand and we end up rolling and I’m not able to catch my breath…fuck it was like I sprinted all those trips…I hear the loud cocking of large guns all around us.

“Mesa give ups.”

*Vanir/Vana…

I was not expecting any of this and the thing the guy in red called Grendle shifts it’s hands into a very large and very spiked mace and a very big and very scary axe. Then there’s eight feet of mad and psychopathic troll-demon-golem? Coming at me being all business and he laughs and he swings over and over again and I’m blocking with my sword and trying to duck a few strikes but those are fakes…feints or whatever.

I score three good hits on the thing though and Grendle is not pleased…each real blow that I’ve landed hurts it really bad leaving white smoking cuts lined with cracks.

I duck and roll as it suddenly breathes fire!

I know that this is going to hurt like a bitch. I duck and weave and I I’m not sure what part of what they were teaching me at The Project kicked in but I caught the mace on my sword and I stepped inside then my blade hooked into the mace’s spikes I hip throw him to the ground.

I make my move and sprint across the clearing while it’s getting back to it’s feet and I go for “master” I get about twelve feet from him and he exhales tobacco smoke from the hood and says something like.

“Aeros-necros-fulmination…” or something like that and he’s pointing at me with his first two fingers a pearl between them.

There was a static arc then lightning pours from his hand into me.

I didn’t know that I could shriek that hard…loud…that anything could hurt this much!

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

what a packed little chapter !

Love it. You managed to keep us up with everyone, and right now things dont look good for the good guys/gals....

DogSig.png

Thank you Dorothy:)

I was really trying to give this a comic kind of feel.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey... A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

I did comment earlier but it

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I did comment earlier but it seems gone, so to recap... it was a good chapter. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

That was my fault, I'm so sorry to all of you:)

I did read the comment and I agree that they are doing good but they are really green at the same time. We'll get to see the more advanced heroes step up though as things happen.
*Great Big Huge Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

One word.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Wren