Her Mother's Daughter - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter II - Open House

Since Kendra and I had our talk on Wednesday, Saturday came very fast. Open house at Gamma Delta started at noon, and lasted until ten. So I had ten hours to look around, and for sure make up my mind. The thing is, why did I have to be born a guy? I have never thought like a guy, never played rough sports like a guy, never drank alcohol to excess (that is, I never got drunk), like a guy, and mainly, I don't even look like a guy. My voice could pass as female, as well as my movements. So why couldn't I pledge my mother's sorority? I was going to find out tonight. It would be so cool to be a Gamma Delta, because even though they have cheerleaders there, they also have girls from every academic structure, physical body, and ways of thinking. In other words, Gamma Delta Phi isn't just for the cheerleaders and beautiful bombshell girls, but for all girls who pledge to be a sister. When you're in high school, you hear things about sororities, and that the girls are just out for one thing. But being here since the last week in August, I have seen that the Gamma Deltas are a real sisterhood. They do things for each other, and once when I was looking toward the house, I could see one of the girls studying with another.

I took my shower, and patted myself dry with one of my very thick terry bath towels. I put on some body lotion and powder, and got dressed. I made sure that I put on a little perfume as well. Where did I get all of this from? I brought it with me. My mother didn't know I liked to dress as the girl I wished I could be, but once asked me who the girl was that wore such pretty perfume. I guess I had put a little too much on, and she thought I was out with a girl, when only I was at the movies alone. I made sure that all of my clothes that day were unisex. I looked around to see if I had forgotten anything, and then grabbed my keys and headed for Gamma Delta Phi. If Kendra was right, I would find out if I could pledge as a sorority sister in my mother's house. But then I may not find out right away, though.

I wanted so much to be a Gamma Delta, that I didn't notice I was walking right in their front door. Lilly was the greeter today, and she was also a pledge. She was my height, and had very soft angelic features, even for a girl. Her wide blue eyes, and those pearly teeth just made you comfortable right away.

"Welcome to Gamma Delta Phi. I'm Lilly, and here is a booklet telling about our house for those who wish to pledge."

I guess she had to hand everyone a booklet, but she never said anything about that I was a guy. I took the booklet, and went in and started looking around. I noticed that I was one of the first ones to arrive, and Kendra came over.

"Hi Jean, I'm glad you decided to come. Welcome to Gamma Delta Phi, where learning is fun in more ways than one. Later on we are going to have a surprise for you, but for now though, I want you to meet the pledge committee. These five girls decide who pledges, and who is put on a waiting list, and who just won't fit our credo. If you are allowed to pledge, and you are accepted by the pledge committee, then there is serious shopping we need to do for your wardrobe. Of course you have to pay for everything, but it will be worth it. Come on, let's meet the committee."

I was taken over to a table where five of the Gamma Deltas were sitting. They saw me and smiled. One of them even decided that I was cute. Not in a guy to girl thing, but cute as a girl. That made me feel right at home. They explained their pledge procedures, and what a pledge had to do in order to become a full sister. Julie was really nice, and she explained that if I were to pledge as a Gamma Delta sister, I would be required to dress, and act like a lady at all times, even when we weren't at school, because many of the alumni are business professionals, and we want to show them that we are above petty jealousies. We were pledged to be ladies forever.

They had refreshments as well, and when I turned down an offer to have something to eat, I noticed knowing glances between Kendra and the pledge committee. Kendra had to have told them about what we talked about, or just mentioned in passing that there was a guy on campus that looked just like President McMillan, and maybe should be allowed to pledge. I think that is why Kendra talked to me on Wednesday, to find out if I was actually related to one of their past presidents. When mother knew I was going to be a student here, she couldn't stop talking about how it was when she went here.

She was always telling me to make sure I was above being petty, and that I never turn down anyone who needed scholastic help. She always reminded me that I was a McMillan and in this state at least, that really meant something. Not that she was being petty, or conceited, but she just wanted me to know that I had a legacy to follow, not in being a sister in her sorority, but just being her son. Son??? Well maybe physically, but that is where the resemblance to any son ends. Another thing just crept into my "slinky" brain, as Kendra called it. My mother's name is Jeannette, and my name is Jean. If she didn't want me to be her daughter, then why am I named after her?

The open house was going very well, and I met most of the sisters. Just as I was getting a cup of juice, I heard my mother's voice behind me.

"Hi Jean. Are you going to pledge Gamma Delta?"

"M-mother, uhm h-hi. I was j-just invited to the open house by Kendra."

"You know these open houses are designed to recruit pledges to the sorority. Are you going to be a Gamma Delta Phi girl?"

"M-mother, uhm w-what are you talking about? I'm just here..."

"To pledge. Honey, we need to definitely talk. Come on, let's get something to eat, and sit down and talk." We went over to the buffet table and got a little something to munch on, and we found a place where we could talk. "Jean, you do know that you can't pledge Gamma Delta Phi because this is a sorority for girls, and you're not a girl. Haven't you found a nice fraternity to pledge?"

"I haven't tried, mother. I was just wanting to pledge my mother's house, and thinking how unfair life turned out for me. The legacy of the Gamma Delta Phi women in our family ends with you, because I'm a stupid male. But I know if I pledged here, I could fit in, because I am so much a girl deep inside."

"But you're still a boy, well a man now, and men just don't pledge sororities. Men pledge fraternities. Now I'm sure you can find a nice fraternity that will be to your liking. I think we should look at all the possibilties before you make a decision."

"I think I would rather be alone, than be in a fraternity. Most of the fraternities on campus do nothing but drink and swear, and then there are the ones that are scholastic specific, and then there are the ones that do nothing. I haven't looked at them to pledge, I just see how their members act around campus. But the Gamma Deltas aren't like that. They have a code they follow religiously, and that is what I want. To be a part of something that means something. Mom, please, can't I pledge Gamma Delta somehow?"

"Somehow? Well maybe there is a way, but I don't think you're going to like it much."

"What would I have to do?"

"I'm not in favor of you pledging Gamma Delta, but if you are set on it, then there is a way, but it is permanent, and cannot be reversed. Do you want to know what that way is?"

"Yes, and I even told Kendra that I would do anything to be able to pledge Gamma Delta Phi. I meant that too. So, what is the way that I would be able to be a pledge of my mother's sorority?"

"You have to become a girl physically. You would have to have an operation, and you would have to take estrogens to develop like a woman. It is your decision, although I can tell you that I am not in favor of it. You were born the way you are for a reason. But..."

"What reason, mother?"

"Well I don't know, but there is a reason for everything, and being born the way we are has a reason too. But if you have your heart set on being a Gamma Delta, then you have to become a woman, physically. But understand that even though I may disagree with your choice, I will still love you, because that is what being a Gamma Delta is all about. We set ourselves above petty things and selfish intentions. If this is what you truly want, then you have my support."

"Mother, I don't want to disappoint you. I want you to love me as the girl I am, just like you love the son you think I am. I just have this ache in my heart to be a Gamma Delta."

"All right, this is your decision then?"

"Yes mother, it is."

"Then the first thing we will do, is make an appointment with a therapist to rule out any mental illness, or sexual confusion on your part. Once the therapist clears you mentally, then we can go to my doctor and get you started on hormones. Once you are on hormones, you will be required to live, dress, act, go to school or work, like a female. They call this the real life test. After a year or so, the doctor who will do the surgeries, will make an initial appointment, and then everything falls into place from there.

"Yes Jean, Kendra told me of your wish, and I had to make sure that my child is one hundred per cent sure this is what he or she wants. I think from now on, we will use the feminine pronouns. But just remember, even though the Gamma Deltas are not a stuck up clique, they do have a credo they follow. This credo was first established by the original founders, and it still holds today, as strong as ever. If you knowingly violate this credo, the result is to be expelled from the sorority. You wouldn't dishonor the sorority that way, would you?"

"No mother, I would not disgrace the Gamma Delta Phi house, where you are a past president and well respected too. I know that Gamma Deltas are not supposed to be petty or selfish, but we have to be to a degree. I mean, like when we expect each other to obey the rules of the house, and to help each other, and others if we can. Yes mother, I will want to have the operation to become physically female, and not just to pledge Gamma Delta either, but because this is who I am deep inside of me."

"Tell me, Jean, just how long have you been a girl 'deep inside'?"

"All of my life mother. I knew when I was very little who I am. I knew there was something wrong when I found out I have a different body type than other girls. I wore your clothes when you were working, or just out for a few hours. When you gave me a catcher's mitt for my ninth birthday I just accepted it, but inside I was screaming for a doll, doll clothes, and a doll house. When you gave me boys pants, shirts and under things, I was screaming for a dress, and girl's under things. Mother, I have been so sad, that there were times I thought how nice it would be if I weren't alive any more. Then I wouldn't have to inconvenience anyone, or embarrass them, or make them angry at me. I just figured that if I can't be the girl inside of me, then I'd just rather die."

Mom gave me a hug, and I could hear her start to cry. "Honey, don't you ever leave me like that, ever. There is nothing we can't work out, one way or the other. Do you understand?"

"Yes mother, I understand."

"No matter what it is that is bothering you, come and talk to me. That's what mothers are for. But promise me, really promise me that you will not take your own life. Promise me." She was saying this through fearful tears that I just might take my own life. But I told her that I promised never to take my own life, and I also promised that whatever was bothering me, I would come and talk to her about it.

"All right, Monday we will see the campus therapist, and see who she recommends for you to see. I would want it to be someone off campus."

There were other girls there to pledge too. They were told about me, and they said they didn't care as long as I acted the way I said I was. In other words, act like a girl and a sister. I was ready for that, for anything actually. The rest of the evening, mother and I spent it talking to other sisters and pledges. Everybody was just buzzing that they could pledge Gamma Delta Phi. One of the pledges was looking at the pictures of past presidents that line the stairwell. She noticed mother's picture, and wanted to get "a few pointers" from her.

She went over to one of the sofas, and sat down to talk to the pledge. I went outside and sat on my bench that I always sat on. After a while, Kendra came out to talk to me.

"Jean, are you all right? I saw you come out here, and wondered if anything was wrong."

"Nothing is wrong, at least I hope nothing is wrong. Why didn't you tell me my mother was here?"

"That was the surprise I mentioned. I goofed, huh."

"No, that's all right. She wants me to see Addie on Monday, to see who she recommends as a therapist. So I guess you did okay."

She gave me a hug, and went inside. A little while later, mother came out and sat down next to me. We talked about the evening, and how I liked the house and the sorority as a whole. I told her everything was fine, and that if they would let me, I was looking forward to pledging Gamma Delta. Mother walked me back to my dorm, and we talked about things on the way. She gave me a hug, and told me she loved me, and it didn't matter if I was her son or her daughter.

I went into the dorm hallway, and to my room. I must have been really tired, because the next thing I knew, it was morning. I got up and got my clothes for the day, and went to take my shower. The communal shower was half way down the hall. Nobody was in there, so I turned on the shower, and started to wash all over. After I rinsed off, I heard the door open. Two of my dorm mates came in. One of them was saying something about a dance next week Saturday. I let them finish what they were doing, then stepped out of the shower and patted myself dry. I put some lotion on, and powedered down, then I got dressed.

Mother called to say she was on her way, and that we were going to spend the day shopping. She wanted me to have the best clothes money could buy. I was surprised. Mother told me she didn't approve, but would support me in any way possible, if this was my decision. This is my decision, and my goal in life. But mother had to have a plan, because the clothes I have now will need to be replaced in a year, because of my development. Unless of course I could have implants, then my dresses and tops would fit perfectly. But I read where sometimes, the estrogens help development a little beyond the implant stage.

Mother called to say she was waiting in the car, and I got my sweater and left. We spent the whole day going from shop to shop, and mother bought all new clothes for me. Did she know something I didn't? Mother wouldn't be buying me women's clothes, unless Gamma Delta was going to let me pledge. I just couldn't contain my excitement any longer.

"Mother, does this mean that Gamma Delta Phi will let me pledge?"

"Let's just say that Kendra called me to tell me that you wanted so much to pledge the house where I was a sister and past president. I didn't know what to think at first. To tell the truth, I was shocked to hear that my son wanted to join a sorority, and not just any sorority either, but the sorority that I pledged and was president of. Then I started thinking. You never were all that crazy about doing guy things. Everytime the guys would come over, when you were in high school, you would think of some reason not to play ball, or go "girl" watching, or anything else a guy would do. Everytime we went to get you clothes, you were more interested in girls clothes than guys. I just put it down to that you were looking for something for a special girl I didn't know anything about. If I had known you were looking at those clothes for you, I would have had you see a therapist a long time ago. But the caterpillar is coming out of her cocoon, and she is going to be beautiful." Mother gave me a hug, and we entered the first shop.

Ladies Of The Evening specialized in evening gowns, ball gowns, prom gowns and dresses, as well as semi formal dresses. I saw a really nice lavender semi formal. It was made of satin, with a chiffon overlay. I tried it on, and it fit like a glove, so mother let me get that one. There was a rose colored gown, that ended at my ankles. This was very pretty, and mother bought it for me. Then mother bought two prom dresses, that I could wear for homecoming, and prom. But prom was two years away, because I was only a freshman. But I would be able to go to homecoming though. Not to mention the school had dances throughout the year too.

The next few shops we went to were for lingerie, shoes, and a couple of coats. One shop that we passed had a really nice dress in the window. I stopped to look at it, and mother told me if they had it in my size, I could get it. This dress was a powder blue, and had a scoop neckline. I tried it on, and it came a little above my knees. Mother paid for it, and said I had a good fashion sense.

We stopped for lunch at Denny's, and mother asked me how I was enjoying the day. "I love shopping mother, I always have. Give me two thousand dollars, and turn me loose in a mall," I giggled. "I swear I would try to buy out the store." We both giggled. Then mother took me back to my dorm, and I took a shower, and got into my pajamas. The next morning I was feeling very rested, and happy that the sun was shining, and the robin that had her nest in the tree outside of my window, hadn't gone south yet. I had heard that some robins, like the sparrows, stay all winter. After my shower, I got dressed as androgynous as possible.

As I got my books for class, and started out of the door, mother was standing there. She reminded me that we were going to go see the campus therapist. I told her I was ready.

We went over to the ad building, and asked to see Addie. The receptionist wanted to know if it was an emergency, mother said yes. The receptionist never asked what it was about, because that was what the therapist was for. We were directed to sit down, and wait, and she would announce us. Addie was your new world type of therapist. She only said people were mentally ill after she had spoke to them for about five or six months, and they actually were mentally ill. She was a beautiful woman, and she could have her pick of any man on campus, or even off. But she was a lesbian, and had a significant other. We were called into the office, and directed to sit down.

"Hi Jean, Mrs. McMillan. Please, have a seat. What can I do for you today?"

Mother spoke up first. "Jean wants to be a Gamma Delta and feels that she belongs there because that is where I pledged."

"Jean, how long have you wished to be physically female?"

"Forever, Addie. It isn't fair that I can't pledge my mother's house. When mother knew I was going to school here, she told me stories about how she was a Gamma Delta in college, and was even proud that she was a past president too. But there is something more though. I have always felt this body was wrong somehow. I wasn't quite sure what was wrong, but this body didn't feel right. When people called me a young man, or a good boy, I wanted to throw up. Addie, my mother says she will support me and love me as long as I live. I just need a little correction to make me whole."

"You do understand Jean, that if you go through these changes, they are permanent. They cannot be reversed to make everything work like they do now. Do you understand that?"

"Yes, I do. I have always wanted to be female, and I will do anything possible to be physically female."

"Mrs. McMillan, what are your thoughts?

"Well, while I may not totally agree with Jean's decision, it is hers to make, and she is my child. I will love Jean forever, no matter if she is male or female. Who would you recommend that Jean see for a therapist?"

"I can see Jean. As long as Jean is a student here, I can see her twice a week if necessary. Now Jean, we will have to have these sessions twice a week, so I can get to know you a little better. That way I can rule out any mental illness, and send you to see a doctor I go to. She is wonderful with transgendered people. Do you think you can see me twice a week?"

"Yes Addie, I can."

"All right then, it seems we have a date. I will see you for your first session on, let me see now, how about...Friday. I am booked up for the week but I have a four thirty on Friday. Also, this will give you a chance to settle in at Gamma Delta. I'll talk to Kendra and see if she can sway the pledge committee."

"I was at the open house, and the pledge committee told me what I have to do to be a full sister. They weren't put off by my body type, and were very nice. So I think they will let me pledge, I just have to let them know."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go talk to the pledge committee," Addie was very electric in her words. I think she was actually excited that Gamma Delta would let me pledge.

Addie, mother, and I went back over to Gamma Delta Phi and knocked on the door. Kendra was in class already, but Vickie, a strawberry blonde, with wide blue eyes answered the door. When she saw mother, she was immediately subdued.

"P-President Mcmillan! This is really an honor, ma'am. Please come in and have a seat, while I get a committee member." She went off into another room. Shortly another girl came out by us.

"Hi Jean, did you make a decision?"

"Yes Sandy, I did. I told my mother and Addie that I would like to pledge Gamma Delta Phi."

"You do realize you are going to have to make some changes to your body."

"Yes Sandy, I know I have to, and mother and I have talked about this at great length. I don't make this decision lightly. This has always been my dream, other than being physically female. So yes, I want to pledge Gamma Delta Phi."

"Why Jean, that is really great," another voice behind me spoke. It was Kendra, and she was all smiles. "I knew I was right about you the first time I saw you sitting on that stupid old bench. Sandy, when can she move in? I will accept responsibility for her while she is a pledge."

"She needs to come before the tribunal like everyone else. She has to tell us why she wants to be a Gamma Delta Phi sister, and how she can benefit the sorority. Understand Jean, this is not a selfish thing, but everyone who pledges our house, goes before the tribunal. You are going to be mercilessly grilled as to your reasons for wanting to join our house, and what can you do, and what will you do to benefit the Gamma Delta Phi sorority. To us, you are just another girl who wants to pledge here. We accept all pledges, and we weed out the ones we feel cannot or will not benefit our house. The past members of this house can tell you, that we follow our credo well into the business world. It is our duty to show people that being conceited, or selfish, petty, or just out and out nasty, is not where it is at. We do by example, and we expect our pledges to learn our credo by heart, because when your pledge is over, is when they bury you. Even though you will be a full sister in thirty days, you never stop being a pledge, because being a pledge is a learning experience, and we never stop learning. We don't have a secret handshake, we don't have secret passwords, and we don't slink around the house at night. If we want something from the fridge, we simply walk like a lady and go and get it. But you will learn the rules, and our credo by heart well before the thirty days are up. What do you have in the way of feminine clothes?"

"I have three skirts, two dresses, a few pairs of levis for women, all of my underthings are women's, and I have two pair of women's shoes, one pair are runners, and the other is a pair of pumps with two inch heels. I also have a couple of dresses for like homecoming, or prom, or dinner or dances."

"Good. That's a start. Kendra will take you shopping on Saturday, but you can move in today. As of right now, you are a pledge of Gamma Delta Phi Sorority. In a bit we will go before the tribunal to see when they can give the once over, so to speak.

"Thank you, Sandy. Kendra, mom, will you help me with my things? I need just a little help." Kendra and mom were only too happy to help. Addie just smiled, and never said a word during the whole time we were there. I think she was just seeing what I was going to do.

Kendra, mother, Addie, and I, went back to my former dorm, and packed all of my things. We would come back later for the computer, and other incidentals we couldn't carry over. Gamma Delta Phi was not that far actually, from the dorm. When we got to Gamma Delta, Sandy and a few others were waiting to help me carry things in. We made one more trip to the dorm, and we had everything out of my room. My roommate never knew I moved out until he got back from class, and saw us taking the rest of my things.

"Hey Jean, you're leaving?" Paul asked.

"Uhm, I pledged Gamma Delta Phi yesterday, and they said I had to move in today."

"You actually did? Wow, I'm really impressed. How can I pledge a sorority?

"You have to have a sex change, and you have to behave like a lady at all times. Do you think you could do that?" We all giggled at Paul's expense.

"No, I like being a guy.

"I told you that I always felt I belonged there. So I pledged the Gamma Delta house yesterday, and I have been accepted. I have to go before the tribunal yet, but that is just a formality. I intend to be a Gamma Delta Phi woman for the rest of my life. My mother is a past president there. So, I am following in her path. Being a woman is the best thing in the world, and I will be the best woman I can be."

"Jean, you be whomever you want to be. That's what's so great about this country. We have the right to be whomever we want. Good luck Jean, I hope everything turns out good for you there."

"Thank you, Paul. You take care too." I gave him a hug, and we left with the last of my things.

"Why did you give Paul a hug before we left?" Addie asked as we walked back to the Gamma Delta house.

"I don't really know, Addie. We've been friends since we were ten years old. It was better than a handshake.

"That's the way a woman acts, when they are leaving someone they know, like a lover, family member, or just acquainted with. What I saw today has convinced me that you are genuine in your desire not only to pledge Gamma Delta Phi, but to be physically female. I will do what I can to make sure that happens, as soon as we can. The operation of course, won't be done until you have completed the real life test. Until then, I know a doctor that can remove the testes, and invert the penis. You will actually look like a girl there. Mrs. McMillan, do you have a family doctor that can prescribe hormones? Or would you like me to call my friend who works with transgendered persons all the time?"

"I think that maybe we should try my doctor first. Jean knows her very well, and may be more comfortable than with a stranger."

"All right, let's get you settled in, and then we can go back to my office. I will give you what is called a carry letter. If anyone doubts that you are transitioning, just show them that with your ID, and tell them to call me. But I don't think you will have a problem. The carry letter is just a safeguard."

We put everything in it's place, and then after making sure that is where I wanted it, we went back to Addie's office. Addie typed up the carry letter herself, and signed it. Because I looked like a female, and my voice is still high, Addie didn't think I would need the carry letter at all. Mother said we should go to see Dr. Burns. She was about the same age as my mother, and had reddish brown hair. She always wore skirt sets or dresses to work, and she had a very infectious smile. Dr. Roberta Burns, MD OB/GYN just happened to be in, and we were told to sit in the waiting room, until we were called.

We waitied for about a half an hour, and then Dr. Burns told us to come in to her office, and motioned for us to sit down. "Well Jeannie, what can I do for you today? You're not pregnant again, are you?"

"No Bobbie, thank God. Jean has been accepted as a Gamma Delta Phi pledge, and she also wishes to transition into a physical female. We talked with the campus therapist, and she gave us this letter." Mom gave the letter to the doctor.

Dr. Burns looked over the letter very carefully, then she sat back in her chair. "Jean, I have just one question, dear. What took you so long to make up your mind? Jeannie, I have been expecting this for quite some time. It isn't anything Jean told me, it was the things I saw Jean do when I came over to your house. These things weren't necessarily feminine, but the way Jean was doing them was. I kept this to myself, because I didn't want you to think I was trying to tell you how to raise your child. I'll copy this letter, and put it in your file. I will prescribe fifteen milligrams of estradiol, one hundred milligrams of prometrium, and one hundred milligrams of spironolactone. The spironolactone is a water pill, as well as a testosterone blocker. So when you start taking it, you may find yourself going to the bathroom a lot. The prometrium is a progesterone, and mainly helps develop the breasts. The estradiol is the main estrogen you will be taking to take the place of the testosterone. Tell me Jean, would you like to have the testes removed as soon as possible?"

"Yes, I would."

"Then the estrogens I give you will work a lot better, because there won't be any testosterone production. The estrogens will be free to do their thing, as we say. I can set a date for next week Saturday, and we can do it right here in the clinic. I will let you go back to the sorority house Sunday night...on second thought. Do you have any classes on Fridays?"

"Yes, I have ... no, actually I can make up that assignment because it isn't a term or mid-term. So all I need is a signed excuse by you, and my professor will let me make up any work I need to.

"That's good. Because after I remove the testes, you will stay here in our recovery room for a couple of days, just to make sure there is no infection. Then you can go back to the Gamma Delta house. Did you know that I am a Gamma Delta Phi sister too? That's where your mother and I became close friends."

"No I didn't know that, mother never told me."

"Well just so you know, we will do whatever it takes to make sure you succeed as a Gamma Delta Phi woman. All right here are your prescriptions, and I will call the pharmacy to make sure there won't be any problem."

"And Jean! Always act like a lady."

"Yes I will, and thank you Dr. Burns."

"Oh! Just call me Bobbie. We're sisters now."

"All right, thank you Bobbie."

"You are very welcome, young lady." We had a group hug, and mom and I left to fill the prescriptions.

The pharmacist is a woman, and a very good friend of mother's too. She was wearing the pink ribbon with the Gamma Delta Phi Greek letters. Her name tag said Mandy (that is short for Mandalena), and she has really sun yellow, blonde hair, very big, round, blue eyes, and a smile that is very infectious. I gave the prescriptions to her, and I just had to ask.

"Uhm Mandy, are you a Gamma Delta Phi alumni too?"

"Yes I am, those were the most wonderful days of my college years. Dr. Burns called me, and told me you had pledged our house. I am so proud of you, Jean. Dr. Burns also said we are having a kind of impromptu meeting at the house on Sunday, so the girls will know what exactly is going on. There are some I bet, who don't know exactly why you are being made an exception to the rule, that only girls pledge the sorority. We will clear all of that up on Sunday, and then next week Friday you will have a small medical procedure." She was filling the prescriptions as she was talking, and then she rang up the fee, and mom paid for them. I had three Gamma Delta alumni sisters that were going to help me through the difficult times, and there will be difficult times.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Her Mother's Daughter walks the walk

Barbara Lynn,

Different from Sorority Boy, Jean is already in the spirit of the house. Everything is going very smoothly, I kind of hope Jean finds some people not so accepting and come changes more challenging.

I look forward to chapter 3 as Barbara Lynn puts together a better story than I usually imagine. Pledge to enjoy a good story.

Hugs,
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Hold on a minute!!!

NoraAdrienne's picture

If Jean's mom is a sister and past President, wouldn't that make her a "LEGACY"? If I remember things right from the dark ages, legacies were automatically accepted as pledges without too much aggravation.

Her Mother's Daughter - Chapter 2

Would he/she want to pledge if he/she had a sister who pledged? THAT seems to me to be why the child wants to pledge, to honor the mother. But where is the Dad?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine