Don't Blame Me I'm A Martian-19

Printer-friendly version

Don’t Blame Me I’m A Martian-19

Chapter 19

*Cheyenne…

I’d sort of settled here for now in town and got myself a job at the local A&W place and I’m not that bad at the whole service industry stuff. Me and My people have been here awhile and we’ve gotten the proper I.D.’s through various means and stuff but all it just means is I won’t flag things when they go to run my social.

I’m here because I felt Dylan wake. Well one of the Elders did and I was sent for where I’m sort of matched to Dylan. I mean we’re not like bound or anything but for us while we can be with the first and second genders we breed truer when we mate and breed with each other.

Yeah we have trouble breeding from what had happened at home. Some say it’s that we’re not from here either and that makes it worse but also ninety-eight percent of those of us with the gifts are all third and fourth genders.

So Dylan’s important. But I can’t just walk up to the and explain things to them. Hi! You’re an alien from a devastated other reality of Earth! Oh and we should go out.

Yeah, okay…yeah home was devastated.

The thing was that when we had taken the route of the four we were ostracized by the nations that believed in only the two. Then there were the zealots that hated us because of religions. And our powers, they made war on us so much in the past we simply hid. We used our powers to cloak us out and eventually the world forgot about us until they had progressed into a pretty high tech society but one that was also very resource dependent.

Think of earth here without the environment movement. History was pretty normal until the turn of the century. We even had 911 happen but the war snowballed into something huge and they would have gone full on global conflict if we hadn’t revealed ourselves.

We had been desperate to save the planet. We had been desperate not to get wiped out in the crossfire.

So when we revealed our existence to the world it was okay…for a year. Then they found out about our psychic powers, and about our four genders and they took a freak out.

Every sin of mankind was suddenly getting laid at our feet and the attacks came shortly after and our land was rich, fertile well tended. And they wanted it; they wanted us dead and gone too. The terrorist were the first and then the other world governments had to “contain us” for their own good.

We took it for a few years before some of us had left and started fighting back. Some of us fled as soon as the first attacks came at our lands. And those attacks had been nuclear.

American had responded first after one of our kind killed the president and the nation took a freak out.

They launched and Cuba had fired theirs as well as North Korea thinking this was an attack on them and the whole thing became the end of the world.

I was just little then around six. So I can remember being a refugee and us fleeing over the ocean to get to South America to one of the ancient places there. The Nazca plateaux was amazing to me even then. I’m not sure what happened but the elders did something and they pulled power from the mounds and they opened a gate I guess you’d call it and one moment we were there and there was the funny colored clouds in the sky and in a world that had turned on us and that the rains had started to kill the plants and slowly everything else.

Then a fresh clear world that almost mirrored our own.

I used to be afraid of the rain when I first came here. Now I’m not scared of it. It’s not pure I’m going to say by any means but at the same time. Getting caught out in it won’t start to kill you.

Well Okay I might freeze to death.

I had been tire bumped right off the road by Nicole Miller.

She’s a girl I work with and why? She hates me because I freak her out. I was at work getting changed and the first time we’d met she saw me changing and started calling me a tranny freak.

Then she saw my vagina and she wasn’t much friendlier. She dropped the tranny bit but kept the freak.

Apparently I’m too tall, too muscular and look too much of a male to fit in her version of acceptably female.

Her phobic attraction was too powerful for me to reach out to her and glaze it over. She likes me and hates me to an almost sick level because she does and the things in her head I’m sensed the dogma and stuff makes my skin crawl. She tried to get me fired, she said I was a Dyke; she got pretty bent out of shape for having me there and has gotten more and more raging homophobe about it.

I’m bi actually, I think I’ve never been attracted to another vaginally blessed person before but loves love right? I like one’s or regular male’s just fine and I hadn’t met a four since meeting Dylan. I’m almost hypersexually attracted to Dylan though.

Thankfully my boss was easily glazed. I said I was into body building and stuff and he was good with that and he’s like a lot of bosses and is afraid to fire me for being a bigot and the lawsuits but I’ve sensed he doesn’t really have a problem with most people even gays or straights or somewhere in between.

Instead of firing her either he made us work together and Nicole hates that almost as much as she hates the fact that we had to go on a team working workshop last week and got partnered with me.

Her boyfriends won’t come after me because well I might look like the way that I look but I’m still a girl and that’s not cool.

So I was on my bike and heading off to Egg to take my lacrima there well to just the other side of the town and to recharge it on the leyline there.

The lacrima looks like a crystal ball and it stores energy for future use. I use the lacrima to charge up my crystal I wear all the time which is my loci or my psi-focus it’s like a booster. It’s almost like a Green Lantern deal.

Oh and for you not in the know a ley line is one of the mystical lines of electromagnetic force that are all over the planet these lines are formed by nature but they also pull in vast amounts of psychic energy from humanity as all most living things have feelings or experiences from simply having electricity in their brains and nervous systems.

Okay it’s way more complicated than that but it’d take too long to get into but I guess you’re getting what most of our science, art, technology even food sourcing came from.

I was biking there as a bike was all I can afford and I really try to be a non-polluter when I can help it. Nicole had seen me and she and some of her friends had been yelling things at me, beeping and honking the horn at me and being little douches.

Then she hit my back tire and bumped me.

I was off the road and in the ditch before I knew what was going on and she stopped and she watched me and yelled. “Fucking Dyke! Get a car freak.” And one of her friends yelled something like. “Buy some tit’s loser!”

They pulled off and I sat and cried. One because I had been really scared, two it hurts. I know I’m third gendered but it still really hurts that I’m not pretty.

Not like the girl that Dylan likes.

Oh, Nicole and Nikki are two different people. Just so I’m not confusing anyone.

I kept going as I was actually closer to Egg than going back to Ocean City and once I recharged there and regenerated some I’d try to get my bike fixed. I turned my ankle some and was bruised up some too and I even started crying again when it started to rain.

And even though it’s like getting into the middle of summer the rain is right off the Atlantic and its cold…coming down in sheets and smells of ocean brine.

I’m thoroughly miserable when this big SUV pulls up beside me and the window rolls down and I hear someone yelling to me about if I want a ride. I’m ff..ffreezing what do they think.

“Pu..Please.” I say turning to look at them.

OhfuckDylan…

*Dylan….

It’s Shy….

And they’ve looked like they’ve had better days.

I look at them and I can feel my eyes widen in surprise. I sort of though that they were a guy but soaked to the bone with their t-shirt and hoodie stuck to them from being drenched they have small but very there breasts.

A girl?

I get out of the truck. “Here, get in and let me take that.”

“Uhm…”

“C’mon get inside where it’s warm.”

They open the rear door and get in and they don’t get into the car like a guy, they sort of slide in. Not like a girl in a skirt or a dress but women just move differently Shy moves like Hill or Mom getting in.

Again…girl?

I’m not sure because there is something non-femme there. Like the rest of them. Her shoulders while not big aren’t that soft girl ones and their skin too. I mean shy has great skin though it’s not that soft look that girls have, it’s harder but god this is going to sound strange but like one of those supposed to be sexy anime boys.

Actually Shy is pretty in the best kind of male way that’s blended with being a girl?

Wow.

Confusing.

We’re lucky enough that we have a bike rack already mounted on the SUV for our own bikes and I set their bike there and quickly get back into the truck. I look at Shy.

“Are you okay?”

“Y...yeah I’ll live.”

“What happened?”

“I got run off the road by some idiots.”

Mom’s like. “Did you see who?”

“No…it happened too fast.”

There’s something there that just feels off and doesn’t jive but I leave it alone. I get out of my jacket and pull off my jersey. “Here put this on.”

Shy’s staring at me or rather at my chest. I’m wearing a thin tee-underneath so I’m okay but there’s this look like…Nikki looks at my boobs like that and yet there something that’s so strange about Shy…and that strange in so kind of a turn on. I can feel my nipples get as hard as achy little diamond points.

Shy looks at the shirt and at me and at Mom. There’s the sexiest blush that I’ve ever seen starting. Black hair that’s now hanging everywhere and giving them this hot wet boy-chick look and that…t-boy-intersexed-whatever is just.

Big girl like eyes but the thick boy lashes, the almost elfin face that’s sexy but not girl sexy exactly and these very kissable sexy full lips.

They pull off both of their shirts and they’re wearing this bandeaux think instead of a bra and it’s still really sexy with a bumpy cute A cup with really cute sexy nipples poking out too.

Shy’s pretty quick about getting changed and there’s that ow….moment at seeing them in my shirt.

I mean it fits because I bought it oversized and yet still allowing for my boobs so despite Shy’s size it still sort of hangs on her.

I didn’t even plan or thought about the quiet “Wow.” That escaped.

They blushed again and Mom shot me this look.

I know, I know I have a girlfriend but….damn…just…this mix of whatever is going on with her is just.

Focus Dylan.

“So where were you heading?”

“Egg, I wanted to look around and just sort of see the sights there.”

Mom looks at them in the mirror as she starts driving again. “So we haven’t met yet you’re?”

“Uhm…Cheyenne…Cheyenne Masterson.”

“Oh Dylan’s never mentioned you.”

“Mom…”

“It’s okay Dylan and I’ve only met once before anyway.”

“Oh okay…so should I call you parents?”

“No, they’re…they’re not alive anymore.”

She looks at them a sorry expression on her face. “I’m sorry to hear that so are you here with other relatives then?”

“Mom, third degree much?”

“No ma’am I’m alone.”

“Alone? How old are you?”

“Seventeen.”

“You’re too young to be out on your own Cheyenne, you don’t have anybody?”

“I have other family but I’m sort of out on uhm….Rhumspringha?”

“You’re Amish?” Both mom and I say it at the say time.

“No, but it’s something like that. I’m allowed to be out like this away from my family. It’s sort of expected actually.”

“Well you’re hurt we should take you to the hospital to get checked out.”

“I’m okay…just bruises and a sprain nothing serious.”

“Well it’s serious to me and I just can’t let you be out here and stuff without supervision.”

“Uhm…” Shy looks like they don’t know what to do or to say so not to offend Mom.

“Mom, it’s kind of the point for them to be out on their own?”

“Seventeen’s too young; the world is a big scary and dangerous place.”

“Ma’am…I already know exactly how scary the world can be.” There’s an edge to Shy that’s got this guy’s edge to it but like sharpened with a bitchy whetstone.

Mom stops the SUV and looks at Shy, and there’s this stare off. Shy’s shivering still and hugging herself and yet holding Mom’s stare and I swear I feel them both go someplace else…

No really…Mom sort of get’s that look that she gets when she thinks too much about some of the stuff she’s been through and seen on the job and shy has this look there too like there was something in them too that was hurt so bad by life that it died and something different grew back in it’s place.

Mom…Mom actually blinks first and she actually did, she blinks chews at her upper lip and she nods. “Okay, no hospitals but you’re going to stay with us.”

“I have a motel room.”

“We have the room and it’s for free until the end of summer when we have to go back.”

“I don’t need charity.”

“Good, do you need pride?”

They stare down again and it’s shy that backs down this time with this chewing on her thoughts. “No…too many stupid things happen because of pride.”

“Good…there’s always chores and you’d really be doing me a favor. I’m a mom and in law enforcement Cheyenne I’d likely just have been too worried about you and how you were doing to just let it go.”

Shy looks shocked for a second with that oh shit cop look. Then just nods. “Okay…but only as a favor to you ma’am. And you can call me Shy if you like, everyone else does.”

“Okay Shy, we have to stop off at the local office for the highway patrol first then we can take you to the places that you needed to go.”

“Uhm…well…i…”

“Hmm?” Mom looks back as we start driving again.

“I’m a Wiccan, I have to go and perform a rite at the nearest ley line ma’am.”

Huh? WTF? Wiccan?

“You’re a witch?”

“No, not really I guess Druid’s closer but I…I mean that how often could you tell people that…”

There’s still something off about the whole thing but then again there’s being different like me and then there’s this…I’d be nervous too.

Mom just nods. “Druids are okay folks I’ve met some before.”

Shy and I look at her. “You have?”

“I met a few of them once at one of the Ren-Fairs, decent folks. You go ahead and do whatever you have to do we’ll be cool with it.”

Shy looks at us. “I won’t offend you’re religion?”

Mom chuckles. “In this family we’ve got a bit of everything and all of it lapsed. No Shy no problem.”

“Oh…”

God that oh was cute.

We drive the rest of the way pretty quietly but for the radio not that it was a really long drive anyway. We pull into the State Troopers offices and I get out and I help Shy by opening the door. She’s got a pretty rough limp going on now. I slip my shoulder under hers and help her as we head up the stairs.

Oh…there’s this whole side boob thing going on and I’m hard as a rock down there and…

“Shy?”

“Yy..yes?”

“What are you wearing, you smell really good.”

“Uhm nothing…”

I open the doors and there’s this moment of getting lost in their eyes…they are the most intense blue kissed with silver that I’ve ever seen…looked up into. Shy’s taller that me and there’s just something.

“Dylan?”

“Uhm…yeah…?”

“You smell good too.”

Then we’re just staring at each other and the longer I stare the more of these fascinating little things there are there and I really, really want her to kiss me.

We somehow get even closer then Mom coughs.

“Dylan? Coming kiddo.”

I bite my lip and girl flutter my eyes a bit at Shy as I deposit her at a chair to sit in…and I say softly more to Shy than Mom.

“Almost.”

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another favorite updated

Thank you for adding to a favorite of mine, I love this one and getting more background to fill in the blanks so to speak is always welcome. This story is a real tangenital spoke on the wheel of TG fiction, and you are letting it be a ray of light in a dark area of writing, multigender characters are few and far between, keep them coming please I'll keep reading and applauding as I stand in tribute before a worthy performance.

Draflow

almost...

that was cute, mom's not dumb did she pick that up?
interesting stuff going on.
good chapter, thanks

She might have I'm not sure yet.

If she did she's have words with Dylan about flirting with Shy. If not...I dunno Dylan might be disturbed too by the raw draw they have to Shy and go to his mom for advice.
*Hugs and Howls.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

My favorite Martian

Dylan is definitely still getting a hold on how he feels about different. Just how he'll take just how different is anyone's guess. Shy is developing into a cool character. She seems well adjusted to our culture, but that could be because her home is very much like ours. The only problem we see is the usual harassment towards anyone who is different. We also see that not everyone can be 'glazed.'

I must say this chapter makes me a little more accepting of Shy and this direction of the story. In a lot ways it was more fun not knowing what was happening to Dylan.

hugs
Grover

Who said we really knew what's going on with Dylan?:)

Oh there's so much that...aw no spoilers. Yeah Shy'd be the first ones to tell a person the Jedi mind trick doesn't work on everyone. Stay tuned it'll get a little more...

Push meets Wonder Years meets Escape from Witch mountain.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

“Almost.”

Giggle. Neat moment, that.

And so that's where they come from - an alternate Earth? Interesting. I wonder how many others are out there?

DogSig.png

There's not as many as there should have been.

And that'll be introduced and explained in it's own pace and time. But the "Almost" was a nice little bit of cuteness.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey... A Proud Big Brither:)

Bailey Summers

Interesting

The English Teacher's picture

Dylan doesn't realize that he is referring to Shy as a dual person.

So much to read, so little time and only one of me :)

The English Teacher

No and I haven't figured out if it's...

their confusion over Shy seeming to be a T-person or Intersexed kind of like they are or it it's a latent empathic pick up on the whole third gender thing.

Opinions?
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

YAY!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Wow. Alternate Earth refugees adopting a new home on our Earth. Or in Dylan's case being adopted into a new home on our Earth. I assume something went wrong after the crossover to our Earth for a baby Dylan.

I was also pleased that this was an unexpected encounter to Shy. I think I would have thought less of Shy if s/he engineered it. How Dylan and Shy are going to keep their teenage hands off each other given the physical attraction when living in the same place is going to be interesting, particularly given Dylan is already seeing someone. Still, can't help but love mom for her open hearted kindness. :-)

Great to see another chapter of this story.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No way Shy's too well... shy to set it up and besides...

Part of Shy is really angsty over all of it. Messing with Dylan's life by telling them the truth or the fact they were sent here to find Dylan and bring them home...very like arranged marriage to Cheyenne.

It is going to be hard for them both and interesting too.
Kaylee was a friend and supporter first with a great dating start ad attraction.
But Shy has a deep psychic connection to them that is like volitile sexual chemistry.

The Mom's great too.
Thanks Jemima:)
*Great Big Hugs!*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Progress!

terrynaut's picture

Yay! The story moves forward. We find out some important things in this chapter. The character interaction has been very cute but the story must move forward. Thanks very much for another great chapter.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

You like to...

You like to throw curves and I like to read them. This chapter brings your title into a better perspective. I have liked the story from the get go and you have just made it better.
Now let's see what is next.
Huggles
Misha

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

I really love Shy

she is almost her namesake, she wants so much not to see a repeat of the loss of her home, but bigots like Nichole are all around her... how self hating is Nichole? She is so uncomfortable with her own sexuality that she lashes out? how sad.
but Dylan's reaction to Shy was amazing.... you write such great people Bailey... people i'd love to know.
Thank you for sharing your wonder with us.
Love you Big Brother,
Moon

I really like Shy as a character too:)

She's seen way too much as a young child to not be hurt by it and Dylan's mom got that. there's that cop sense plus the whole them having their own stuff. Nicole is really freaked by Shy because she's not into girls at all but Shy makes her feel things she doesn't want to. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to douchiness.

Dylan though...Dylan really likes Nikki, and has great chemistry with her but not getting why they've met Shy who is this person that just leaves them floored in a good way.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Very Proud Big Brother:)

Bailey Summers

Okay, caught up now!

Bailey, of all your stories this is the one I liked least. Oh, I liked it, but not like Jem, or S&L. With this chapter, you may have changed that. I was so impressed with the drama you are building!

Here's Dylan, body issues and everything, and head over heels for Kaylee. It seems she is just as much in love as he is. Add in Cheyenne, who's an Alien (like Dylan, it seems) and in a way, sorta-kinda, she's intended to be his mate?

Shy thinks she's unattractive, especially in comparison to Kaylee, but Dylan is highly attracted to her.

And now she's gonna be living at Dylan's. Kaylee will love this! Dylan is in deep doo-doo! Which will he choose? But wait, Dylan's people have 4 sexes!

Oh boy, it has been building with slow subtlety, but you've got a whopper here, and it's only likely to get better, Dammit. I'm Jealous!

But I still Love ya! Hugz!

Wren

Perhaps a threesome?

As much as i'd like to see the "natural" relationship between Dylan and Shy grow stronger, I feel that wouldn't be fair to Kaylee.

Perhaps have Shy meet Kaylee and Dylan, get them to bond as friends and see what happens.

Or maybe I'm just blowing a lot of hot air, all because I'm polyamorous myself and it is really, really rare to see poly relationships in stories anywhere. About the only time that such relationships do become public is when a wife/husband discover's their partner's on the side lover, and in almost every case, things go up like a nuclear explosion. It would be nice to see an honest three person relationship.