Taylor's Modern Life Part 8 (Final)

Printer-friendly version

“She was just so adorable sleeping like that,” Michelle grinned, “I didn’t want to go any closer you know.” She took LeAnne’s hand again, leading her down the hallway to her room.

LeAnne smiled sheepishly. “I couldn’t help myself. She just looked so innocent and angelic. But at least those years of ballet finally paid off,” she added with a quiet giggle.

At that very moment the house froze in time, and Faith and Bethany both looked around the house. Faith had a big smile on her face as she looked at LeAnne and Michelle, “Now that’s perfect. Nature is balanced again.”

Bethany frowned. "Faith, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Faith giggled. "Helping them along."

"One - love is my domain. Two, you're forcing them together, aren’t you? Real love takes time. If you take away their free will then it's meaningless."

"Oh I didn’t take away anything from them Bethany, dear. It was already there. I just gave them a push." Faith giggled and put an arm around Bethany.

Bethany smiled after a moment or two. "Well... I was going to try and convince her to break up with Scott so I guess it worked out there. She's too important to Sarah to get hurt by some sleazebag. Sorry for yelling at you. It all just happened so fast."

Faith nodded, "I created the true love system when I created humans, but some never find their true love. Look more closely at those two's auras though. They match perfectly, just like Jennifer's and Nari's. Keep a close eye on these two Bethany. Great things are going to happen."

Bethany giggled as she wrapped an arm around Faith, resting her head on her shoulder. "Oh my Gosh... You're right. Their auras are a perfect match. I guess I didn't realize it because it is so rare, and um... Well technically I am still young at this goddess thing."

She giggled and kissed Faith's cheek. "Um, can I make it up to you? The jumping to the wrong conclusions stuff I mean. Not to sound like Jenn or anything," she added with an almost devious giggle. "I just feel guilty now."

Faith giggled, "Sure - fish sticks at The Cameron restaurant sounds good!"

Bethany giggled. "Oooh, and those big fat seasoned fries! Let's do it!" She paused to peek into Taylor's bedroom. "They do love that little girl though... You couldn't have picked two more perfect 'parents' for her. Is Michelle her real sister? I um.. I forgot to read your memo," she asked, blushing.

Faith nodded, "Yes she is. I hated to do what I did, but it was either let her go off to family services, and have everyone but her killed or change her brothers past."

Bethany gave Faith a sidelong glance. "What exactly did you change?"

"I just made her go through with what she always wanted, instead of taking out her entire family. As I said, nature is in balance again." Faith winked.

"Oh my God... Er, damit. Now Sarah's got ME saying that!" She whined then frowned. "But... um, wow. Talk about divine intervention." Bethany started giggling. "I'm sooo proud of you Mom."

"Bethany, you will learn that sometimes you have to give some heavy shoves instead of light ones, and sometimes you just have to go back and start them all over again." Faith smiled and kissed Bethany on the forehead.

“But you have to be mindful of what you change. All this, Michelle going to Yale and meeting LeAnne - she did all that on her own. All I changed was nudging her into transitioning like she wanted, instead of bottling up her rage until she couldn’t take it anymore and killed them all.”

“Oh, so her parents would have died either way?” Bethany frowned. Faith nodded.

“It was their time. I changed the cause of death to a freak accident to help Taylor cope better, and had the ladies give them this house so that they could have a home.”

Bethany giggled a bubbly, unbelievably feminine giggle and nuzzled Faith's shoulder. "I'll try and keep that in mind going forward. Which one of those twins did you have your eye on again?" she teased, grinning innocently.

Faith smacked Bethany's shoulder gently, "You know which one!"

"Oh certainly, and I also didn't mean to imply that I'd be giving her a gentle nudge either," she snickered.

Faith giggled softly. "You know Bethany, I love having you around. You make running this universe stuff a lot more fun than it used to be."

Bethany giggled. "Because I can be a more vicious bitch than Marry when I put my mind to it, or because I constantly jump to all the wrong conclusions and end up buying you dinner to apologize?"

Faith giggled again. "Nah, you will figure out why someday, but Marry and Kris make it worth it too. You are all such wonderful help. I love you all so much."

They both faded from the house and time resumed as if they were not even there.

“I almost thought about ballet, but I took up painting instead.” Michelle smiled at LeAnne. “One of these days you will have to let me paint you.”

“You and Sarah would have a lot to talk about. She’s a genius with art pencils you know. Oh Michelle before I forget, there is something for you on the end table near the door.” LeAnne grinned.

“Oh? What is it?” Michelle asked with a giggle as she headed for the living room to check the end table. “OH MY GOD LeAnne, those are perfect, I love Posies!” she squealed as she picked the vase up and walked back to the kitchen with it..

LeAnne hesitantly peeked around the corner and grinned. “I wasn’t really sure what to get. I just knew I needed to say I’m sorry. Like I said, it was a REALLY good talk.” She grinned as she approached Michelle to hug her.

Michelle smiled and pulled LeAnne closer. “I know we just started dating but you are the best partner ever.”

LeAnne giggled softly as she lay her head on Michelle’s shoulder. “I’ll be honest with you. I never saw this coming. Not in a million years, but now it’s like I can’t believe I didn’t see it sooner. Stephanie and I are close, don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love her little quirks, but our friendship’s always been different. Now I kinda understand why.”

Michelle smiled and listened to LeAnne, as they held each other, and then headed upstairs to do their cuddling. “So, when Taylor and I are done in Kingsley I’ll stop by with some food and your new cell phone ok?” she commented as they approached their newly-shared bedroom.

“Sounds great. Have you ever been up to the rooftop garden? It’s a great spot for a picnic, and it’d probably be just the three of us since hardly anyone ever goes up there.”

“Want me to have them page you when I get there?” Michelle asked, adding, “And no but it sounds wonderful.”

“Oh, then you’re in for a treat. Just hope neither of you’s afraid of heights,” she giggled. “Oh yeah, just tell whoever’s at the front desk. If I’m not observing a surgery then chances are I’ll be right down. But I’ve only got one that I know of, so...” She paused, stepping into what would’ve been her bedroom long enough to grab a cami to sleep in.

Michelle nodded as they went to room. She shut the door behind them and started to peel off her clothes. “So now you get to see where all my metal broadcasting devices are, and if I went all the way with my surgeries.” she stated with a giggle.

LeAnne giggled. “It’s ironic. The one person I probably won’t be “involved” with for awhile at least is the first person I get to see completely naked.” A playful grin crossed her lips as she snuck a quick kiss, and started to strip down, pulling her pale aqua cami over her head. “Phew. Much better.”

Michelle giggled, “Oh and I don’t snore, so you don’t have to worry about that, but I do toss around sometimes,” she added as she took off her bra to reveal nipple piercings , as well as her belly button piercing and a Celtic trinity tattoo that stretched from her back shoulder blade over her right breast.

“That’s okay. I once slept through a tornado. It’d take more than an act of God to wake me up.” She paused thoughtfully as she eyed the tattoo. “Irish or Scottish?”

“Half Irish and half Welsh, our dad was born in Wales, and mom’s american born.” Michelle smiled.

“My sister and I are half Irish. We’re not really sure about Dad’s side, but I believe it’s a little Scottish and German with just a dash of Cherokee waaay back in there somewhere.” She smiled, tracing the lines across Michelle’s back with her finger.

Michelle shivered and got goosebumps, “I liked the Trinity, so I decided to get it as a tattoo, and I had it wrapped around my right side.”

“I love it. I’ll be honest - I normally think tattoos are kinda tacky, but this looks so amazing.”

“I like art, and I would agree with you. Most tattoos are tacky, but I drew the design for this, and my friend from Kingsley Eric tattooed it on me, He’s kinda famous: does a lot of high profile tattooing.”

LeAnne giggled a little as she pulled back the covers. “Ooh, are these silk sheets?”

Michelle smiled as she pulled off her pants, in her black panties still, “I think so, but I haven’t had a chance to sleep on the bed yet.” she giggled, as she started to pull em down.

LeAnne sat on the edge of the bed, blushing just a little bit as she watched Michelle for as long as she could stand before finally lowering her head, giggling like a schoolgirl.

“‘You know I think I might just tease you, and let you guess the rest.” Michelle giggled as she jumped onto the bed in her panties.

“You’re such a tease,” LeAnne laughed, closing the short distance between the two with a pounce before settling in and kissing her. “Thank you... For being such a wonderful, supportive friend, and for acceptin’ me for who I am, with all my insecurities and faults.” Her Southern drawl had really thickened in the last few minutes, causing her to blush. “Bah. Sorry. I try and fight it, but when I get tired I sound like Jeff Foxworthy.” She giggled.

“No it’s ok LeAnne, I love your accent.” Michelle smiled as she lay on the bed, she decided to go all out and skinny dipped on the bed, throwing her panties across the room, giving LeAnne a full view of her very female naked body with no metal lower than her belly button, “Does this answer your questions?” she giggled as she snuggled close to LeAnne.

LeAnne laughed. “I’ll let you know when I get the courage to look,” she teased. “For what it’s worth, I really wouldn’t care either way. You’re beautiful - inside and out. You’re such an amazing woman, and what you’re doing for Taylor just makes me wanna cry thinking about it. I’m so proud to be a part of all this.”

“I couldn’t think of a better person to share it with LeAnne. Holding you, kissing you, it all just feels right.” Michelle smiled as she cuddled closer to LeAnne on the bed.

LeAnne nodded and pressed her lips to Michelle’s before replying, “I feel the same way. It... Everything... “ She babbled. “I’m just gonna stop talking now,” she added a moment later. “I think I love you. I’ll leave it at that.” Her cheeks turned a bright crimson.

“You think you love me?” Michelle giggled and nuzzled in as close to LeAnne as possible holding her, “Well I think I love you too.” Michelle tickled LeAnne causing her to squeal and giggle.

“I’ve just never been this close to someone - physically or emotionally - without at least some reservation, some doubt. But with you it’s like... that little shoulder angel’s sitting in a corner pouting because she ain’t got nothing.”

Michelle nodded and played with LeAnne’s beautiful hair as they did exactly what they said they were going to do - cuddle. “And the little devil on the other side is just all smiles I bet as well huh?”

LeAnne started laughing. “Oh you better believe it. You’d think she’d be all trying to push something, but she’s sittin’ there slack-jawed that we’re even dating,” she teased, adding, “She’s a little southern lady like me, I guess.”

Michelle put her head over LeAnne’s making sure her hair didn’t fall in her face, and planted a kiss on her lips, “I like the fact you’re from the south. When I get angry, I start to sound like I’m from Wales. I got that from my dad.”

LeAnne giggled softly. “I know. Like that time you cursed out your car in Welsh when it wouldn’t start.”

Michelle giggled, and nodded, “My dads sister taught me the old language. I hope to pass it on to Taylor someday too.”

“That’d be great I think - a real family tradition thing. I took French in high school, but I couldn’t tell you how to ask where the bathroom is anymore.”

“Oá¹ sont les toilettes s'il vous plaá®t,” Michelle giggled, “Sorry I speak a lot of languages, it was a hobby of mine when I was in high school.”

LeAnne cocked her head just slightly to the side, staring up at Michelle, and mimicking an almost perfect Scottish accent. “Do that standin’ on yer hand an’ Ah’ll be impressed.” She giggled, quickly adding, “Sorry. Braveheart remains one of my favorite movies. I know it was historically inaccurate, but the romance between Wallace and Murron was so beautiful. I must’ve watched it a hundred times.”

“I have it on DVD. When I get back to my apartment in Kingsley I can grab everything of mine while we check to see what we can get for Taylor out of the old house.” Michelle smiled.

LeAnne giggled. “I um... have it on VHS in storage somewhere. I haven’t had a working VCR since I spilled coffee on my old one when I was seventeen though. Not that I’ve had time for things like movies … or a social life.” She laughed as she reached up to push her hand through Michelle’s hair, pulling her down for a kiss.

“That’s another thing... I know you’ll understand how busy my life is. You won’t get mad at me when my medical internship pulls me away, or when I’m cramming for an important test because you’re in the same boat. But I promise I’ll always make time for you and Taylor when you need me.”

Michelle nodded. “I was about to say something of the same nature. When the lab needs me or if we’re cramming for a test, as you put it, then we are kinda busy, but I will always make time for you and my lil sister. Oh LeAnne, when we are both busy with work like that, do you think your sister would mind babysitting Taylor? I can pay her.”

LeAnne giggled. “I doubt she’d see it as babysitting, knowing Sarah, but I’m sure she’d love to have her over anyway. Sarah’s always having friends over, whether it’s our cousin Faith or Katelyn or that Bethany girl. I think it’d be good for both of them to spend time together.”

“Oh wow, we have to meet a Bethany on Monday, but thats just a coincidence of name.” Michelle giggled.

“I sure hope so,” LeAnne giggled. “Our Bethany’s about Faith’s age I think. I never really asked, but she definitely looks around eleven or twelve. Such a sweet girl. Usually wears tie-dye in bright pinks or purples.”

“Ah, must have hippies for parents or something, if she’s always wearing tie-dye, or she likes that era. I don’t mind some of the music, but I’m glad I wasn’t born in the 60s.” Michelle smiled.

“Gawd, me either. I like some of the pretty flower child dresses, but I grew up in a conservative Arkansas community where a boy woulda got his teeth knocked out if he didn’t know everything there is to know about the internal combustion engine, and girls were expected to do all the housework. I can only imagine the 60s being even worse. They did have some good music though.”

Michelle let out a heavy breath and fell asleep snuggling against LeAnne as she slipped a leg over one of LeAnne’s so she could be as close to her as possible while sleeping. It had been a really long day for her. LeAnne giggled under her breath as she lay her head back, pulling the sheet up over them. She pressed her lips to Michelle’s cheek before closing her eyes.

Both LeAnne and Michelle awoke at 4:30am to Taylor opening the door. “Michelle, LeAnne, you awake?” she spoke barely above a whisper..

LeAnne, as the more clothed of the two, sat up. “Hey you. Everything okay?”

Taylor nodded, “I am now. I thought you two left me here alone.”

LeAnne quickly shook her head, motioning for Taylor to come closer as she turned on the nearby nightstand lamp. “C’mere.”

Taylor moved closer to bed. She stopped in front of it and smiled; she was wearing the pink nightie that Michelle bought for her the day before. “I’m glad you both didn’t leave me. Um, I’m kinda hungry.” She looked down.

LeAnne giggled as she slid closer, pulling Taylor into a hug and kissing her forehead. “Honey, we’re not going anywhere. Let me get my bathrobe, and I’ll make you some breakfast, ok?” She paused to glance back at Michelle with another giggle. “And it’ll give your sister a chance to make herself decent,” she teased.

Michelle winked. “You know we are all naked under our clothes.” She giggled loudly..

LeAnne stared a little cross-eyed for just a moment before she started laughing hysterically. ‘Oh Christ, that’s great. Mind if I steal that the next time I have to deal with one of the Philosophy stoners? That’ll really tweak ‘em!”

Michelle giggled. “That’s where I got it from. You know Angie right, and her boy toy Chris?”

“Oh, the ones always thirty minutes late, sneaks in the back thinking nobody’ll notice?”

Michelle nodded, “Those are the two.” and giggled as she waiting for Taylor to leave the room before getting out of bed to grab a robe to come downstairs for some coffee.

LeAnne followed Taylor out of the room, grabbing her bathrobe along the way - an oversized, pale pink fleece number that almost reached her ankles. “So can I ask what made you think we had abandoned you? I mean it’s okay if you’d rather not talk about it,” she quickly added, “But I just want you to know I’m here for you - we both are.”

Taylor looked up at LeAnne, “I just had a dream, I guess, and with mamma and daddy gone..” She stopped, “I guess I got two new mommies.”

LeAnne giggled as she hugged Taylor. “I’m gonna let you in on a little family secret. Very few people around here know this. Not long ago my sister Sarah was … Um... Well, she was attacked by a boy, and he tried to hurt her in a really bad way. She had such awful nightmares about it. Bad things that happen to you, that you have no control over, are nothing for you to feel guilty about.”

She smiled and kissed Taylor’s forehead. “And for what it’s worth, I’m really happy that you’d think of me as your mom. I know I only just came into your life, but I promise you, I will always be here for you when you need me - always.”

Taylor hugged LeAnne tightly, as Michelle pulled them both into a hug, “Hey you two, let's get some food. I don’t know about anyone else in this house, but I was about to get up shortly anyway and make coffee.”

LeAnne giggled softly. “I’m actually usually up earlier than this, but I had a long day yesterday. Drove. Steph. Batty.” She giggled again, smiling innocently. “So, who wants hobo hash?” She grinned innocently, just waiting for the inevitable question as she started for the stairs.

Taylor looked at LeAnne with a strange expression on her face. “Hobo hash? What is that?”

“Well, the way Mom makes it, it’s a little bit like an omelet, except that instead of folding the eggs over your fixin’s, you scramble them up in a big bowl - hash browned potatoes, cheese, browned sausage, and you can add peppers or onions if you prefer. It’s SO good sauteed in a light oil. Kinda like a breakfast burrito without the tortilla.”

Michelle giggled. “Looks like we have a lot of new foods to experience, Taylor.”

LeAnne giggled as she stepped into the kitchen. She headed right for the freezer, taking out the package of sausage Michelle had bought yesterday and carrying it over to the counter. “I’ll get Momma to loan me her recipe book some time so I can make y’all a proper casserole for dinner.”

Michelle grinned, commenting, “Sounds like a plan,” as she made a bee-line for the can of coffee and the coffee pot.

Taylor just stood off to the side and watched attentively, her tummy protesting the food talk. LeAnne shot her a glance and grinned. “Want to help?”

Taylor nodded her head up and down, “I want to learn to cook. Making cookies last night was fun!”

“I love to cook. I’ll take you guys out to Mom’s restaurant sometime, too. For now, could you get some eggs out of the fridge, and see if we have any cheese? Shredded or sliced is fine since it’ll all end up melted anyway,” she explained, as she started to chop the frozen sausage with a delicate precision.

Taylor went to the fridge and grabbed a bag of shredded cheese and the carton of eggs, and brought them back to LeAnne, “Here you go.”

“Hmm...” LeAnne looked around, opening one of the cupboards, then another one. “Oh, this’ll do,” she said as she took down a large glass mixing bowl and set it on the counter. “Cracking an egg takes practice, but once you get the hang of it,” she paused to take out an egg and cracked it with just enough force that she could pull it apart without dropping any shell in.

“Now you try - and don’t worry if you get any shell in there. They’re easy to dig out with a fork, and we’ll be scrambling them anyway, so the yolk’s gonna get broken either way.”

Michelle giggled to herself, watching the pair. LeAnne and Taylor had really started to bond already, and she couldn’t be happier. She smiled lovingly as she poured up a cup of coffee for herself and another for LeAnne. “Do you like your coffee black or with creamer LeAnne?” Michelle smiled.

“Black as sin,”LeAnne answered with a grin. “It may taste like turpentine, but it wakes me right up too.”

Michelle giggled, “I like my coffee white as me.” as she added creamer to her coffee and none to LeAnne’s. “And for the sweet pea, some orange juice.” She grinned handing LeAnne and Taylor their drinks.

LeAnne smiled and kissed Michelle softly as she accepted her cup then, with one hand, began to drop the sausage bits into a frying pan. “This is just to get the sausage ready. Taylor sweetie, could you add another couple of eggs? If you feel comfortable with it I mean,” she asked as she moved over to the gas range.

“I’ll try,” Taylor answered nervously. “How’d you do this one-handed?” she asked, staring almost cross-eyed at the egg.

Michelle giggled and picked up one of the eggs, turning it over in her hand so Taylor could see. “If you grip it like this, then once it’s cracked, you’ll be able to just spread your fingers apart and it should come right apart. You might have to crack it a few times though,” she added, returning the egg to the carton.

Taylor nodded and tried the trick. To her own surprise, she got it the first time. “Oh wow, that wasn’t that hard.”

LeAnne started to laugh. “You know the first time I did that, I squeezed too hard. You can guess what happened next. Momma looked like she couldn’t decide whether to be mad or to laugh.”

“Before I sold Auntie’s farm, when I was living with her, I had to go out and get fresh eggs, and I learned how to pick them up properly that way.” Michelle smiled.

“Oh gawd,” LeAnne giggled. “Our gram on my dad’s side had a farm when me and Ricky were little. She had this HUGE rooster named Goliath. He was a mean beast. Chased us all over the hen house when we’d go gather eggs.” She started giggling. “Then one Christmas, Goliath made a fantastic chicken dinner.” She pulled the pan off the heat, setting it on the back burner and shutting off the front burner.

“Like Mr. Myagi’s bull - bad bull make good soup!” Michelle giggled.

“Oh I love that movie,” LeAnne giggled. “Okay, next we’re going to let the potatoes simmer in the sausage grease while we prepare the eggs.”

Michelle drank her coffee as she watched Taylor and LeAnne cook. “You two seem paling it up really well, I’m so glad it worked out.”

LeAnne winked at Taylor and then grinned at Michelle. “Well, how else would you expect a Mom to treat her new daughter?” She giggled, stepping over to wrap Michelle in a hug. “She told me just before you got your robe and joined us that she felt like she had two mommies now. I told her I’m deeply honored that she feels that way about me - about us.”

Taylor giggled as she joined the two in their hug. “I had a really bad dream about losing you guys too, but LeAnne really made me feel better.”

Michelle smiled at them both. “Anytime you have a bad dream, don’t hesitate to come see us ok sweetie? Just make sure you crawl between the comforter and the sheet, otherwise, “ Michelle cleared her throat, “Ahh, um, never mind.”

LeAnne giggled softly. “Yeah, you’re always welcome to come join us honey. I mean, in a way you’re the whole reason we’re together right now.”

Michelle nodded in agreement, “I totally agree. You are what brought LeAnne and I together sweet pea.”

Taylor giggled as she leaned her head against Michelle. “So you’re not mad that I called you Mommies instead of sisters?”

“Nope. I kind of like it sweet pea. I don’t know about Miss talks cutely in her sleep however.” Michelle winked at LeAnne.

“I love it,” LeAnne giggled. “And whaddayamean talk in my sleep?”

“Yup you talk like a little girl when your sleeping, and you talk about all sorts of different things.” Michelle smiled.

“Oh dear Lord,” LeAnne shook her head. “I didn’t say anything incriminating did I?”

“Nothing I remember, I got up around two to use the bathroom, that’s about all I heard was something about a unicorn, and a teddy bear.” Michelle smiled.

LeAnne giggled and blushed a little. “Must’ve been dreaming about when Sarah was little. She adores unicorns. She’s got a huge collection of ceramic figurines she’s gathered over the years.”

Michelle nodded, “Well we know what we can get her for her birthday then.”

Taylor looked over at LeAnne, “When is Aunt Sarah’s birthday then?” and giggled.

“June 20th I believe,” LeAnne replied. “But there’s always Christmas,” she added with a giggle. “Hey, when’s your birthday sweet pea?” she asked as she fished around in a nearby drawer, retrieving a whisk.

Taylor looked at LeAnne, “August 29th, and you're calling me Sweet Pea now? Oh thats so cool!” she bubbled as she drank her orange juice.

LeAnne giggled. “I still call Sarah ‘Sweet girl’ - I’ve called her that for as long as I can remember, so I figured it’s only fitting,” she replied as she picked up the bowl of eggs and began to vigorously whisk them.

Taylor really wasn’t sure what to do with herself at the moment, two loving mothers (albeit one was her sister, but that didn’t matter), a great home, a new school, and two new friends, “What time do you go to work today Mamma LeAnne?”

LeAnne started to giggle, shooting Michelle a kind of glance that suggested she wasn’t quite sure she heard Taylor right, but grinned. “Well, normally I’d have to be out of the house by six just to get there on time, but now that I’m livin’ here, I could probably leave by eight-thirty and still make it early.”

Michelle smiled, “Need a ride in, or did you bring your car? I was so tired last night I didn’t even bother to look.”

“Oh, um,” LeAnne blushed. “Mine’s bein’ looked at by someone who knows more about these things than ‘The little orange light’s on.” LeAnne giggled. “But she’s working on it here in Alpine Springs at least. I’d love a ride if y’all don’t mind,” she replied, pouring the eggs over the simmering breakfast mix and turning the heat on again.

Taylor smiled as she continued to drink her juice, “So we have to go to Kingsley to get mine and Michelle’s things today and I was hoping to get ahold of Trish and Megs and go to the mall if that’s ok?”

LeAnne glanced back at Taylor with a grin. “Ask your mother,” she teased, trying her best to keep a straight face and not giggle.

“I don’t mind, if your other mother doesn’t” Michelle giggled, “But you have to get your friends’ parents permission first, and when you’re at the mall if anything happens call 911 and then me or LeAnne ok?”

“Ok,” Taylor answered solemnly. She knew too well what ‘could happen’ just from her personal experience, to say nothing of what LeAnne mentioned about her sister earlier.

“We’re not trying to scare you or anything,” LeAnne added with a soft smile. “We just want you to be safe and smart. If it helps, the only reason I don’t worry about Sarah going out like this is because she’s dating Katelyn - that girl could kick my butt.” She giggled.

Michelle giggled. “I can’t wait to meet your sister, and your mom as well.” giving LeAnne a wink, “I’m going to just casually stroll up and say “Hey Mom””

Taylor thought for a second then giggled, “She might not like it if I call her Grandma.”

LeAnne started giggling. “I think some part of her is worried that Ricky’s her only chance for grandkids. I mean, she doesn’t even know that I want to adopt more once I’m out of college and can afford to support a larger family. And Sarah’s … Well, I just can’t see her as a mother just yet. Maybe she’ll grow out of it as she gets older.”

Michelle grinned, “And how large of a family is that?” giving LeAnne ‘the look’.

“Oh, you know, not many - eight, ten at the most,” she answered with a casual smile.

“Well I was thinking more like twelve or fourteen.” Michelle grinned, as Taylor spit out some orange juice.

LeAnne laughed. “Wow. I walked right into that one. Really though, in all honesty I’d love maybe one or three more - two would be bad for that whole ‘middle child’ thing my brother had to deal with I think. Well, that and being the oldest of three really far apart in age didn’t exactly make growin’ up any easier on me. I wouldn’t wanna put Taylor through that.”

Michelle nodded, “I think Taylor would make a great older sister.” pouring herself another cup of coffee and checking LeAnne’s cup, “I’m going to relax after I get this house business taken care of, since even though mom and dad left everything to Taylor, I was surprised they named me executor of their estate, and to top it off they named me guardian at litem for her till she turns eighteen or graduates from college.”

“Given the bad blood, I kind of am too - no offense intended,” LeAnne replied thoughtfully. “I’m glad they gave you guardianship though. She deserves better than to be shoved in some stranger’s home or gettin’ passed around like a piece of meat by the system.” LeAnne shook her head softly. She wanted to say more, but not in front of Taylor. Instead she picked up the shredded cheese, pouring a generous amount over the egg-sausage-potato concoction and letting it melt.

“Almost done,” she announced. “Oh! I shoulda made biscuits!” she added. “Oh well. I’ll remember those tomorrow. Y’know, if I hadn’t got into med school I’d probably have opened my own bakery instead, like Momma’s doing with her restaurant.”

Michelle smiled, “I think you’re talent is better suited for the Hospital, even though you make some of the best food i’ve ever eaten.”

Taylor smiled and nodded, “I agree.”

LeAnne giggled. “I really can’t decide if I want to be a GP or a surgeon - that’s why I end up observing so much. It’s to help me try and figure out what I wanna do when I reach the higher classes. I’m even minoring in Bio Med because I’m so indecisive. I just love helping people.”

Pausing, LeAnne stepped away from the range to grab a large platter, dumping the contents of the pan onto it practically expertly. “When I was a little girl, all my poor dollies’ booboos had little pink band-aids.” She giggled as she carried the plate to the table in one hand, a stack of plates with forks on top in the other. “Now y’all take as much as you like. This’ so easy to make that I can always make more.”

Michelle watched Taylor take a heap full of the food before she loaded her plate, “If things get tough in the class for you hon, just ask me and I will definitely help you, but you know that anyway. The nice thing is it’s a six year degree and I might be able to complete it in four if I play my cards right.”

LeAnne smiled as she nodded. “I might have to take you up on that. Even Steph thought I was crazy when I dropped my Lit minor for Bio Med, but it was that or double-majoring in advanced mathematics, and I figured this way I could be a more well-rounded doctor when I graduate,” she explained as she scooped up a small amount for herself.

Michelle took a bite of the hobo hash, and smiled, “Good stuff. Near the end of next semester I will be interning at the Hospital for GRS surgeries.”

“I didn’t think they did that many in the area,” LeAnne started to say, but paused. “Oh, right. I already forgot how close we are to New Haven.” She giggled. “Plus they did fly that specialist in just for Robin.”

Michelle nodded, “They want to start doing them here in Smallville I mean Alpine Springs. After I graduate I might open a GRS clinic here in town, specializing in some new techniques we’ve been developing in the lab.”

“I think that’s a great idea, honestly. It’s a more comfortable, relaxed surroundings here, a little like a vacation city without all the ruckus of a place like New Haven or New York City. It’d be a lot better for recuperating for sure.”

Taylor listened to the two talk when a text message suddenly on her phone. “Oh wow. Trish is awake!”she giggled, grabbing her cell phone off the counter.

Michelle giggled to herself as she watched out of the corner of her eye. LeAnne just grinned, whispering, “She’s quite the social butterfly. I’d be terrified to talk to anyone if what happened to her had been me.”

Michelle nodded, “Same here, but I am really glad she isn’t letting this get to her.” whispering back as she took another bite of her food.

“It’s like riding a horse, as my daddy would say. When you get thrown you just gotta get back up in the saddle and show the beast who’s boss. And if that doesn’t work … Well, I can’t finish the rest. He’d never actually hurt an animal, but the way he says it, it is kinda funny.” LeAnne blushed.

Michelle laughed as she finished her hobo hash and put her plate in the dishwater, “That was great. I’m stuffed hon, Going to go up and get dressed, and ready for the day; Taylor? Did you still want to join LeAnne and me for lunch, or do you want to eat lunch with your new friends at the mall?”

“Oh, um,” Taylor frowned thoughtfully as she looked up from her phone.

LeAnne giggled. “You can go eat with your friends if you want. You don’t have to feel guilty!” She stood and wrapped her in a hug, kissing the top of her head.

“I’d like to hang out with them if thats ok. I love you both, but I just met them, and they are so cool.” Taylor smiled as she texted Trish about hanging out later today.

LeAnne nodded. “Of course that’s ok honey. I think it’s wonderful. You have fun today!” She smiled happily and kissed her new daughter again, on the forehead this time, giving her a gentle squeeze. “I’ll be upstairs gettin’ ready with your other mamma if you need anything.”

Taylor followed them upstairs just long enough to get dressed, returning to her phone, wearing a camouflage skirt and black tank top that she’d gotten yesterday at the mall.

“BTW big grl sct meet 2morrow afternoon. If u can make it ull meet our troop ldr,” popped up on Taylor’s phone.

“Kool, wll tll Michelle abt it & gt dues paid.” Taylor texted back.

“Awsum cnt w8!!! :-)” Trisha replied back.

“gng 2 kngsly, afr wnt 2 hng @ mll with megan if can?” Taylor texted.

“Wut? lol jk sure! Cll me wen u gt bck!”

“Sure,” the only word in this conversation Taylor hadn’t butchered, and she smiled as LeAnne and Michelle came downstairs. “Hey, Trisha said to call her when we get back.”

Michelle grinned. “So I guess it’s just the two of us for lunch today. How romantic,” she teased.

LeAnne grinned, “Well that’s just fine with me.”

“That’s what I love about you LeAnne. You have this amazing ability to adapt to new things.”

LeAnne smiled a little. “Yeah, I think I got that from Momma. She says us Cameron women are strong, but what I think she means is that we’re adaptable. It’s a nice trait to have in our chosen field of study, y’know?” she added with a slight giggle as she hugged Michelle. “But it doesn’t hurt that nothing but good is coming from the changes. Sure, everything’s happenin’ real fast, but... it’s all good things. Such amazing, wonderful things.”

Michelle held onto LeAnne for a moment and smiled, “Yeah, two weeks ago, I didn’t even think I’d ever get to see Taylor ever again, and here she is living with me, and I get to spoil her rotten.” smiling over at Taylor who was lost in her cell phone, the distinct sounds of ‘Angry Birds’ occasionally cropping up from it.

LeAnne giggled. “Just don’t make the same mistake I almost did. I was so danged lost in my studies that I almost missed an amazing trip this summer, meeting family and really getting to connect with my cousin Moira for the first time. I guess that’s some part of why I’m so gung-ho about helping you with Taylor - like the song says, I don’t wanna miss a thing.”

“I agree, I know we will be busy sometimes, but I’m willing to take a break, I just started at Yale recently, but I’m so far ahead in some of my classes, even with summer classes, I can take a break any time and hop back in without much loss.” Michelle smiled and kissed LeAnne then walked over to Taylor and kissed, her on the forehead, looking down at her texting grammar, “Woah girl, I hope you don’t write like that in school.”

LeAnne giggled loudly. “I remember Mom saying the exact same thing to me when she first got a text-capable phone.”

Taylor blushed deeply. “I have better spelling when I write then when I text.”

“Steph actually handed in a psych paper written entirely in a mix of text and other netspeak once. I couldn’t even get past the first page, but once she showed her prof the ‘real’ version, he gave her extra credit for creativity,” LeAnne giggled.

Michelle shook her head. “That Steph is sure a weird one. I met her in the front parade area, near the fountain. I dropped my purse and lost half the contents on the ground, and she was the only one to stop to help me. The weird part was she was wearing Mismatched shoes and socks that day.”

“She calls herself an observationalist,” LeAnne giggled. “Not just an observer - she takes it a step further. She likes to do things - some subtle, some really not subtle, to see how people react. I can promise you though that her helping you was completely genuine. She’s the sweetest, most loyal friend I’ve ever had.”

Taylor tilted her head to one side and giggled. “She sounds like someone who’d walk up to a Scotsman over there and ask him if the rumors are true.”

Michelle glanced over at Taylor. “What rumors?”

Taylor grinned. “The ones about what they don’t wear under their kilts.”

“Oh gawd,” LeAnne practically cackled. “She would too!”

Michelle giggled, “Well when Steph gets back from Scotland, she’s got a room here. She’s more then welcome because she’s been a very good friend.”

LeAnne grinned broadly as she hugged Michelle. “I know she’s going to love that. She gushed for a week about Mom’s home cooking the one time I managed to convince her to come with me to visit. Anyhow, I’m ready when y’all are. I know it’s early, but with Linda’s condition she’s gonna have to go on leave any day now so I’m gonna help pick up the nurses’ slack a bit.”

Michelle nodded, and grabbed her car keys, “The faster we go the quicker we can call Kingsley an over and done with thing,” she answered, giving LeAnne and Taylor a smile as she headed for the door to start the car.

“I love this old Mustang,” LeAnne commented casually. Hey, Sweet Pea,” she called over her shoulder at Taylor, “You want to ride shotgun?”

“Wow. Really?” Taylor bubbled.

LeAnne smiled as she nodded. “Sure. I mean either way we’d both have to get out at the hospital when y’all drop me off,” she reasoned, sliding the front seat forward so she could get in the back, and letting the seat drop back again. Taylor jumped in the front seat.

“I love it too, it was the only thing Daddy ever did for me, other than the new yacht.” She frowned slightly at that. “I don’t want to get rid of it, but at the same time I really don’t want to keep it around anymore, but everytime I get an offer I don’t get good vibes from the person so I refuse.” Michelle smiled as she got in the driver’s seat and waited for everyone to buckle up.

“I might know a buyer,” LeAnne offered thoughtfully. “I’ll talk to her about it tomorrow when I pick up my car.”

“Sounds good, but I need to meet this person first. I won’t just sell her to anyone.” Michelle answered as she pulled out of the driveway and headed to the hospital to drop off LeAnne.

The three pulled into the nursing parking and Michelle smiled back at LeAnne. “So you have a beautiful day ok hon? And I’ll try to keep Taylor out of trouble till I drop her off at the mall.”

Taylor hopped out to let LeAnne out, and as she slid back into the passenger seat again, LeAnne walked around the car and leaned down, giving Michelle a very public display of affection right there in the parking lot. She grinned brightly. “See you later. You two have a great day.”

Michelle grinned after the two kissed. “Love ya; see you at noon!” When LeAnne turned to walk away, Michelle wolf whistled at her.

LeAnne giggled, glanced over her shoulder, and gave her rump a playful wiggle before continuing on inside.

Taylor shook her head. “Adults. You guys are sooo silly.” She laughed quietly as she went back to texting Trisha and Megan.

Michelle laughed. “I can’t believe I just did that, but I can’t believe she kissed me like that in public either. It’s so unlike either of us. Hercules was right, y’know,” she teased. She distinctly remembered watching Disney’s Hercules, and cynically laughing at the line ‘People do crazy things when they’re in love.’

Taylor looked up from her phone and smiled. “It’s great to see you so happy.”

“Know what makes me happier than having LeAnne in my life sweet pea?” Michelle grinned as they turned onto the highway to head to Kingsley.

“Ice cream?” she teased, giggling.

“Well that’s the third thing; you’re the first, and then it’s LeAnne, then thank you heaven for Ice cream.” Michelle giggled.

Taylor laughed as she looked up. “Hey, that’s Sunshine isn’t it? Wow. It’s huge,” she added, pointing out the large private school campus on the outskirts of town. It was a massive school, at least for the size of Alpine Springs, with its own private dorms on either side, a large gym, and athletics fields for soccer, football, and a baseball/softball diamond.

“Yeah, that’s where you will be going to school sweet pea. At least you don’t have to live on campus now though.” Michelle smiled as they drove out of town, headed down the highway to Kingsley. “I had the lawyer hire a professional cleaning crew to go over the house and straighten everything, so it won’t be weird to go in there.” Michelle smiled to reassure Taylor.

“Oh and I forgot to tell you, that you’re supposed to meet with someone later today about getting your uniform for Girl Scouts. I paid your dues and stuff for you.” Michelle quickly added, “I think it’s Trisha’s mom that will have it for you.”

“Oh yeah! Trisha said there’s a big meeting tomorrow afternoon. I told her I’d ask you about it. When’d you have time to sneak that one past me?” she giggled. “You’re like, super-mom or something.”

Michelle grinned, “She called me when I was upstairs changing, and I called the girls scouts troup here and paid your dues for you. When they asked if you knew anyone in the scouts here I told them about Trisha and Megan, and they told me they would give Trisha’s mom a uniform for you to try on.”

Taylor nodded with a smile as she started to scratch her chest a little. “That’s so cool.” and then she went back to texting her friends. She giggled after a moment. “Megan wants to know if you’re psychic, and if so, what the next winning lottery numbers are.”

“Tell her she’s too young to play the lottery, and I can only read your mind.” Michelle winked as they pulled off the highway into Kingsley.

“She says L-O-L,” Taylor giggled. “At Kings, C U L Eight R,” she said out loud as she punched in a message to send to both girls, then put her phone away, quietly watching the familiar scenery pass her by. “This place already doesn’t feel like home anymore.”

“It never really did for me either, when I came back here to where I was living when I first started at Yale. I kind of moved back here to be closer to you sweet pea, but it felt really odd being here.”

Michelle smiled as they pulled into their parents driveway. Both their parents’ cars were parked in the garage so she hadn't had a chance to see them yet. In the driveway was a blue sports car with a woman sitting in the front seat. “That must be the lawyer,” Michelle said as she parked the car.

“Oh my God,” Taylor whispered. “I want a car like that when I’m older!” She continued to stare as they got out of the car. A woman in a smart black business suit stepped out of the sports car with an attache case in one hand. Her shoulder length black hair lay perfectly styled, not a strand out of place, and her bright green eyes seemed to almost pop.

“You must be Michelle and Taylor? I’m so sorry again about your loss, but it’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person,” she offered rather warmly as she offered her hand to shake the girls’.

Michelle shook the woman’s hand, “It’s nice to finally put to a face to the voice I’ve been talking to the last four days. You said I had some things to sign and then we could go into the house?”

“Yes. It’s all very straightforward in this case,” she answered with a smile. “I can’t tell you how nightmarish these things can get when there’s no will or last wishes. You girls are incredibly lucky they left everything in writing,” she continued as she opened her case, produced a small stack of documents, and handed them over. “You’re welcome to look over everything first if you’d like, of course.”

“Sure, it won’t take a moment. I’ve had to learn some legal jargon taking Bio Med at Yale, and when I was dealing with our Aunts estate.” She looked over the will and the document. They left everything not surprisingly to Taylor, but they did one thing that shocked Michelle still, they left her in charge of Taylor and the estate and money from the estate till Taylor was old enough. Michelle smiled as she signed the documents. “Here you go.”

The woman accepted the documents and placed them back in her case again. “It’s such an unfortunate incident. I know your parents left specific instructions post-mortem that have already been carried out, but if you need any help sorting through any of this please don’t hesitate to give me a call.”

The woman gave Michelle and Taylor both a sympathetic smile, deciding to leave out the part about meeting with their mother to discuss divorce proceedings barely a month ago. Instead she shook Michelle and Taylor’s hands again and turned to return to her car.

“Thank you Sasha. Do you happen to have the key to the house? I know Taylor’s got hers, but knowing Dad he removed the spare hidden key a long time ago.” Michelle smirked.

“Oh, yes! I almost forgot!” Sasha answered, reaching for her briefcase again and producing two sets of keys. “These were among your parents’ personal items. I’m going to assume that one of those goes to each of the cars in the garage as well, but for privacy’s sake I haven’t tried too hard to find out, I’ll admit.

“But if not, do let me know. Your mother and I spent a great deal of time talking before she passed, and I’d consider it a personal favor to her to help her daughters, you see.” She smiled professionally, in the back of her mind hoping that comment didn’t come off too badly.

Before Michelle let Sasha go because she caught what she had said, “Did she really call me her daughter?”

Sasha nodded, and sighed after a moment. “I suppose you’re going to hear this sooner or later.” She paused to glance at Taylor. “Why don’t we let your sister inside first so she can start sorting out what she wants to keep?”

Michelle nodded and went to the door unlocking it. “Sweet Pea go upstairs and pack your clothes into a suitcase, and I’ll be right in ok?”

“Fine,” Taylor answered softly. Part of her really wanted to know what the big secret was, and she was far too intelligent to be so easily bought off with the ‘It’s adult talk’ argument either, but for the sake of Michelle she went inside anyway.

“Thank you sweet pea.” Michelle called after her, “I’ll get you ice cream later ok?”

Sasha smiled as she watched. “Poor girl.” She turned back to Michelle again. “Even though I believe just as much as anyone that this was just a freak accident, the timing still startled me. To be honest sweetheart, I’m not just in charge of handling your parents’ affairs. I’m also... Or rather I was going to be, your mother’s divorce attorney.”

“I still don’t follow you. What does this have to do with her calling me ‘daughter’?”

“Well, you see, when your mother first became a client of mine, when I drew up the original wills for them both, it just seemed as though something was bothering her, so I took a chance, and did the one thing my boss is always telling me to never do.

“I asked, and became emotionally involved. Her feelings about your gender status were ‘complicated’ to say the least, but I do think part of her resented your father for the way you were treated. She was contemplating divorce proceedings in order to get Taylor into a somewhat more positive environment.”

Sasha paused to take a breath. “She knew that, her personal feelings aside, that you are legally recognized as female now, and that if anything happened to them, that you would know what was in Taylor’s best interest going forward. So in the strictest sense, yes, she called you her daughter. I’m sorry that it couldn’t have been more personal than that.”

Michelle nodded. “Yeah, me too.” She sighed. “But at least she recognized that I really do love my sister, and want what’s best for her.”

Sasha smiled softly. “I believe so too. She’s been through so much already that I didn’t want to be the one to have to tell her that her parents were getting a divorce so soon after she’d lost them.”

“She’s extremely intelligent Sasha. I’m going to have to tell her.” Michelle sighed, “I can’t keep it from her. She’s going to find out sooner or later from someone, or by going through mom and dad’s things.”

“I understand. To be honest, that’s why I’m telling you now. I’d rather she hear it from someone she trusts than a complete stranger - or worse, find out on her own, as you said. She needs to know that, while yes, her mother was going to do this to protect her, she didn’t do anything wrong. I don’t believe your father was an abusive man, but I do believe she was tired of fighting with him.”

“Yeah, he kinda threw me out of the house, not physically, but yeah, so my aunt - his sister - took me in.”

“That was most unfortunate - to put it politely. It really saddens me that some people didn’t want to give people like you a chance, for what it’s worth. And that’s not just the sensitivity training talking - but due to client confidentiality that’s all I can say.” She smiled professionally.

Michelle nodded, “A lot of us prefer anonymity. Most people who know me or see me think pretty girl, which I lucked out I guess.” she smiled at that.

“Honestly, the only reason I knew you were the one I should be expecting was because you had Taylor with you,” Sasha replied with a professional smile. “I should let you get to your business here, but again, if you need anything, please let me know.”

“Yeah, thank you for everything Sasha.” Michelle smiled as she shook the woman’s hand again and went inside to help Taylor.

Inside, Taylor had only just begun packing - the reason why being evident. Her old bedroom was far from what she remembered, and though far less furnished than her new, much larger one, it was no less girlish. A two story dollhouse sat in the corner, and a white satin comforter lay on the bed, a few token stuffed animals lining a shelf over it.

“Nice room sweet pea. Some of those were my stuffed animals huh?” Michelle teased and leaned over to kiss Taylor on the forehead.

“It’s weird. It’s like what I always wanted, but it was nothing like this before.” She shook her head slowly. “Kinda scary. I should love it, but part of me’s a little freaked out. I’ll be glad to just leave this house behind. The day I went to the park, it was partly to get away from them.” She frowned up at Michelle. “I didn’t even say goodbye. I-I just took off walking,” she stammered, and started to cry softly, wrapping her arms around Michelle.

Michelle sighed and held Taylor close to her, “I’m glad you walked out sweet pea, otherwise you wouldn’t be here with me today. Do you want any of your toys sweetie?”

“Yeah,” she finally managed to respond. “I want to take as much as I can.” She couldn’t bring herself to tell her that the dollhouse in the corner was in her dreams about the strange girl named Faith, but she also couldn’t bring herself to leave it behind.

“Ok, I’m going to call a moving van to come in and take this stuff to our new place, but lets take what we can now.”

“We can put my old bed in one of the guest bedrooms,” Taylor replied, managing to get her emotions back under control again. “You can decide what to do with the other furniture and junk. It doesn’t really mean anything to me. Should I get a garbage bag to carry some of this stuff in? Not to throw away, but since I don’t know if we’ve got any boxes in the house to use...”

“Sure sweetie, you can do that. And I know what you mean about not throwing it away.” Michelle added with a reassuring smile, and Taylor stepped out of the room and raced to the kitchen.

Michelle left Taylor’s room and walked up to the door that used to be hers, and opened it slowly, not sure what was going to be on the other side of the door.

“They kept everything the way you left it,” Taylor said softly from behind. “I think maybe Mom thought you’d eventually come home. She used to come in here sometimes and cry, when she thought no one would notice. At least … that’s what I remember now.” She frowned a little.

Michelle just stared at everything in the room, exactly the same way it looked the day their dad threw her out of the house, “I.. I thought maybe dad would have tossed it all.” Michelle walked to the closet and pulled one of the panellings out and giggled softly, “My old clothing stash is still here.”

“Oh wow,” Taylor giggled, peeking around from behind. “That dress would have looked SO good on you! Tell me you bought another one like it when you started living as a girl with Auntie?”

Michelle held the dress close to her, “No I could never find another one like it sweet pea, but it’s yours now when you grow into it some ok?”

Taylor’s eyes went wide. “Thank you so much. I promise I’ll wear it as soon as it doesn’t swallow me up,” she giggled excitedly.

Michelle giggled as she handed the dress to Taylor, “I love you sweet pea, and if you want any of my old stuffed animals other than Butterbear, you can have them.” Michelle smiled.

“You should keep them. I’m sure LeAnne wouldn’t mind,” Taylor answered with a grin.

Michelle giggled, “I could but if you want any of them you can take some. I noticed you took a couple already.” she leaned down and kisses Taylor on the forehead again, and then started going through her stuff taking what she wanted to take before being kicked out, then moved to their parents room, to get the expensive jewelry as to not leave it behind. “Get your room ready Sweet Pea, I’m going downstairs to see what mom and dad left for cars.”

“I swear I don’t remember doing it,” Taylor giggled, but squeezed her hand as she passed, heading back for her room.

A few moments later Michelle came up with a grin, “That is one sweet sports car. I’ll have Kevin a friend of mine here in town come pick up my old car and the van. We’re driving that sports car home, but we can load the van up with your stuff Sweet Pea.”

Taylor giggled. “Told you so. Does that mean we’re keeping both? I’ve never even ridden in the sports car,” she admitted with a sheepish smile. “Not that Dad actively forbade it or anything. It just never came up.”

Michelle smiled and nodded, “I think we can keep them both; I don’t see why not.” She grabbed some of the stuff Taylor packed into the bags and started to bring them downstairs to the van. Taylor followed close behind with a bulky, but light bag over her shoulder as well.

“Gosh, this stupid cast,” she grumbled. “At least it doesn’t hurt to text,” she added with a giggle.

“I know you want that thing off now sweet pea. It won’t be long, but you know after it comes off you will have to go through physical training to use your arm right again.” Michelle leaned over to kiss Taylor’s forehead.

Around eleven thirty, they had packed everything they wanted at the house right now into the van and Michelle’s friend had came and picked up her old Shelby, leaving them with the brand new Shelby convertible.

“Wait, don’t pull out onto the highway yet,” Taylor announced excitedly and quickly opened the glove compartment. A new pair of $200 sunglasses slid out onto the drawer as if they were just begging to be worn. She giggled as she reached over, setting them on top of Michelle’s head. “Okay, NOW we can go.”

Michelle smiled as she pulled the shades over her eyes, and hit the highway. “Want to see how fast this thing can go sweet pea?” She giggled.

Taylor squealed as she grabbed onto her seat with anticipation. “I don’t see any cops around,” she added, looking around cautiously as the wind tossed her beautiful blonde hair around wildly.

“I see pops got himself a newer radar detector on this thing anyway.” Michelle grinned as she hit the gas and sped down the highway at around 150 miles per hour.

“Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee,” Taylor giggled, tilting her head back a little and taking in the sweet scent of fast freedom. “Oh my God. No wonder Daddy liked this car so much.” She paused just a moment. Somehow calling him ‘Daddy’ had become more and more natural over the last couple of days, to the point that she almost didn’t even notice it this time.

Michelle started to slow down abit down to the 75 mph speed limit. “There’s a speed trap up ahead. No sense in getting a ticket huh sweet pea?” she commented, as they drove past a highway patrol car. Taylor just gave the highway patrol a friendly wave and a girlish smile, giggling.

“Oh, we so need to get a bumper sticker for the van that says “Normally I drive a Shelby” for when you or LeAnne get stuck with Soccer Mom carpool duty,” she added, giggling louder.

Michelle giggled. “That sounds cool - to be a soccor mom that is.”

At that moment a girl about Michelle’s age, with long black hair, plum lipstick, and a black lace tank top, driving a mid-90s model black Mustang whipped around them, driving alongside just long enough for the girl to grin at the pair, wave, and speed off ahead to the distinct sound of a turbocharger flexing its muscles. A bright gold bumper sticker on the back proclaimed in bold lettering, “My girlfriend’s a cheerleader - deal with it!”

Michelle giggled, “I think she was challenging us Sweet Pea,” as she romped the gas to catch up to the girl in the other mustang and pulled alongside her, with a smile on her face.

The girl clearly laughed as she realized they had caught up. She grinned and waved with one hand before said hand disappeared again. A moment later she had thrown the car into top gear, slamming on the gas to try and edge ahead. Allthewhile, Taylor just giggled at the rivalry.

“We can take her right?” she asked.

“Depends on what she’s got under the hood of that thing.” Michelle grinned, “And how much Pops paid for this one,” she added, hitting the gas and speeding off ahead of the girl. Taylor looked over her shoulder, watching the black Mustang slowly fade from sight for a moment or two at least, and giggled.

“That was so cool!”

The girl finally caught up to them again, but only because they had slowed down to take the exit. It almost seemed she was following them now.

Michelle smiled, “Looks like she’s waving us to pull into the gas station. Should we?” she asked, looking over to see the girl waving them, as she turned her blinker on to turn into the gas station.

“Sure,” Taylor giggled. “She seems friendly enough. And I’m pretty sure I heard a tire iron rolling around under my seat if not.”

Michelle smiled and giggled as she turned on her signal to join the girl at the gas station, pulling into a spot next to the store, “That was fun wasn’t it?”

The girl laughed as she stepped out of her car, revealing tight black jeans and matte black boots with a two inch heel. “Damn girl. Where’d you learn to drive like that?” she teased. She had a distinct, if slight, Southern drawl, not really unlike LeAnne’s, but more laid-back, and more understandable.

“I’ve got a buddy who sometimes works for a NASCAR driver, and I got some personal lessons from the guy he works for back when I was considering joining the drag racing scene.” Michelle smiled as she got out of her car.

The girl looked over Michelle’s new car for a moment or two. “Well damn, no wonder you skunked my butt. Didn’t realize this was the new GT350 I was up against.”

“Yeah its a front convertible, supercharged. My old man before he passed bought it. Taylor and I just inherited it and wanted to test the speeds out.” Michelle smiled. “Good thing we passed the trooper a bit back you know?”

The girl giggled. “I swear he was waiting for me. He was on the other side of the road when I went to Kings this morning to check on a friend. Oh, I’m Nikki,” she added, offering her hand. “Hope I didn’t scare you guys.”

“I didn’t see him on our way to Kings. I’m Michelle and that’s my..” a small pause, “daughter Taylor.” Michelle grinned.

“Wow. I hope I look that good when I’ve got a daughter her age,” Nikki teased.

“I adopted my lil sister; I’m seventeen!” Michelle giggled.

“Ohhh, wait, I know you guys. You just moved in down the street from my girlfriend’s sister’s place.”

“Whos that? I just started meeting people around here, but it’s a wonderful town though.” Michelle smiled.

Nikki giggled. “Robin Smith - her sister Margie and my best friend Allison live in the cul de sac with Sarah and her family.”

“That’s Sarah Cameron right? LeAnne lives with us.” Michelle smiled.

Nikki grinned. “That’s her. It’s kind of a grapevine thing. LeAnne told her mom, who told Sarah, who told Robin, who told me. Confused yet?” she teased, grinning. Taylor giggled.

Michelle giggled as well, “Anyway, your girlfriend Robin is a sweet young lady. She’s brave.” Michelle winked to let Nikki know what she was talking about.

“You have nooo idea. The crap she’s been through since she moved here, I wouldn’t have been able to do it - not if I wanted to stay sane anyway.”

“Oh she’s told me some of it, but I can’t talk about everything, you know doctor patient confidentiality.” Michelle grinned.

Recognition dawned on Nikki’s face at that comment. “OH! I didn’t realize you were THAT Michelle.” She grinned at that, stepped closer, and pulled her into a hug.

“Yeah, the one and the same,” she answered and hugged her back. “Hey, once Taylor gets her cast off, we’re going to have a big pool party. Since you’re friends with the Camerons I figured I’d invite you.”

“Sounds great. I’ve been dying for an excuse to get Robin to at least try on a two piece. Hopefully the new plumbing will at least let her lounge around the pool, hey?” she added with an almost impish giggle.

“Oh I’m sure she’ll be able to do a lot more than just that/ We did something new for her. It’s still experimental which is why I was there. Some of the hormone therapy she’s been on is also some things we just got approved by the FDA.”

Nicole just giggled under her breath. She knew all about the specialist. The only thing they couldn’t do was what they’d done for Sarah. Nikki had made them promise no magic involvement to make her ‘real’ - it’d have destroyed the core, the essence of what made Robin the girl she loved.

She smiled warmly. “It’s amazing work, what y’all accomplished with her. I mean she’s obviously still as sore as anyone who’s been through a major surgery, but she called me from Ally’s house next door this morning. That’s some kinda record in itself.”

“Yeah, the recovery time should a lot better for her, with more functionality, and some other bonuses, but she will still never be able to have kids, regrettably.” Michelle frowned.

“Oh, yeah, but she’ll still be a mother - once we’re both out of college.” Nikki coughed and giggled. “She snuck that one by me until the last minute.”

Michelle smiled and gave a nod, “Maybe by then we can figure out a way for girls like Robin to have children.”

“I hope so. I mean, I feel kind of guilty knowing I’ll eventually get to carry her child, but not the other way around, y’know?” She paused thoughtfully. “Anyway, I should let you guys get on with your day - plus I’ve got a Mustang to track down.”

“Nice meeting you Nikki. I need to get Taylor to the mall so she can meet up with her friends, and a lunch date with a very special nurse.” Michelle grinned.

Nikki giggled. “Sounds like fun.” She took about three steps toward her car, paused, and looked back.

“And do me a favor - one ‘stang owner to another?” She grinned. “if you run across anyone selling a ‘69 Shelby lemme know? I need something that’s as close to original as possible. Nonna these tinker toy engine in a Shelby body travesties so-called sellers have been trying to stick me with.” She smiled and waved, turning to get back into her car again.

“69? Convertible? “ Michelle yelled before Nikki got all the way into her car.

Nikki froze and sloooowly turned back. “Convertible would be a huge plus. I can do the mods myself, but I’d rather not get stuck with a cab roof I don’t need lying around.”

“I know the perfect girl who owns a ‘69 Shelby custom convertible. The body is in wonderful shape, needs a new paint job, and has had like almost 6k in work done on it.” Michelle grinned.

The goth girl sprinted - not ran, but sprinted, back to Michelle. “You’ve got my undivided attention. I’ll be honest with you. My mustang was my Dad’s sweet sixteen present to me. We spent two years rebuilding it together, and I want to repay the favor. I want to buy him a vintage ‘69 for his birthday, and money is no object.”

“Ok so this girl is me, my dad got it for me. It was like the only nice thing he ever did. I think he was trying to win me back to being a boy or something.” Michelle giggled. “And if you give me your phone number, I can give you a call when I get home so you can come check it out ok?”

Nikki practically cackled. “Your dad would’ve crapped his pants if he ever saw me in a long flowing dress, ass bent over the front of some poor sap’s broken down car on the roadside. I love engines. It is so not a guy thing.”

Michelle giggled noticing the comment went over Nikki’s head and wasn’t bound to explain it to her. “Yeah I know some about motors, but not much, I’m more of a science nerd,” she giggled., “Going to Yale to study Bio Med.”

“Oh Gawd. Remind me to introduce you to Chelsea sometime. Nice girl, but gratingly perfect,” she teased, but grinned. “And I’d love to look at your car.”

Michelle pulled out her Cellphone, and gave nikki her number, “I’ve been looking to get rid of her, but I could never find the right person to sell her to. I like you though, and I think she will like you too.”

“That’s the trouble with vintage cars. People either want to strip them down for their own projects, or try to do their own ‘improvements’, wreck the engine, and then sell it to a junk yard. There’s no respect for the art anymore.”

Taylor looked up trying to ignore most of the boring conversation, “My friend Megan said to say Hello to Spirits friend Hope,” looking at Nikki.

Nikki giggled loudly as she leaned on the door just enough to reach out and tousle Taylor’s hair. “Tell her I said ‘Hey’ - oh, and ask her how her poison ivy’s doing,” she added with an innocent grin..

Taylor nodded, and texted off to Megan and got a quick response, “She just said groan.”

“Hehehehehe!” Nikki responded. “It wasn’t too bad really, but she has a few freckles on her leg too, which Nurse Bri mistook for another patch so... yeah.” She laughed.

“Oh I’m going to be a girl scout this year!” Taylor bubbled, “Trisha and Megan both are in, and told me they would help me catch up with the other girls.”

“You know I’ll let you in on a little secret. Before Ally - Serenity at camp, convinced me to join with Robin, I was pretty much the antithesis of what I thought Girl Scouts were all about. I’ve never been happier to be proven wrong though. I think you’re gonna love it. If you ever need any help with anything, and those two aren’t around, don’t hesitate to call me okay? Your sister’s got my private cell number now.” She smiled broadly.

“Thank you Hope.” Taylor grinned using Nikki’s camp name, and then went back to texting her two friends.

Nikki giggled. “It’s what CITs are here for.” She winked at Michelle at that. “Same goes for you though. If you guys need anything, day or night, a friend of LeAnne’s is a friend of the Morgans’ - and I’m not just saying that because you have a vintage Shelby that isn’t a piece of sh-um... crap.” Of course it didn’t hurt that her grandmother’s coven had a very strong interest in these two lately, but she genuinely liked them both.

“Thank you Nikki, Ever since we moved to Alpine Springs we’ve had nothing but warm greetings, it makes me really glad we moved here.” Michelle smiled.

Nikki giggled. “I love it here. I grew up in foster homes since I was five after … well, after bad shit happened to me. This was the first place I ever truly felt safe. Anyhow, I should let y’all go before Megan and Trisha break out the pitch forks.” She paused to wink at Taylor, who had just looked up from her phone. She blinked and laughed, returning to her texting.

Michelle laughed to herself as she got back in, pulled her seatbelt across, and pulled into traffic not far behind Nikki, as she pulled out her smartphone to check her GPS app. Michelle’s phone beeped, indicating a text message just as she was about to set it down. She laughed. “Oh, it’s Nikki. She says LeAnne’s car is ready. Now I know who LeAnne wanted to look at it. Kinda spooky, but I’m getting used to that sort of thing happening lately...” she trailed off.

Michelle pulled into the mall parking lot, and pulled her wallet out of her purse. “I’m going to give you some money to shop with Sweet Pea. Whatever you don’t spend is your allowance for the week.” Michelle winked, “But we need to supply you with some new stuff so how about...” she counted out four twenties and handed them to Taylor.

Taylor’s eyes went as wide as saucers as she stared at the large wad of cash placed in her palm. After a moment or two she managed to collect herself, responding in a fake-disappointed tone, “Oh, I suppose I can get by with this - for now...” She giggled and hugged Michelle. “Thanks! You’re the best!”

“You’re welcome Sweet Pea. Be safe and remember call me when you want to come home, or if anything happens ok?” Michelle smiled and kissed Taylor on the cheek.

“Ok! Have fun with LeAnne,” she bubbled excitedly as she slid the money into her small white handbag, pushing the hidden magnetic closure flap shut tight and hopping out of the car.

Michelle waited for Taylor to go into the mall, before she entered the address for LeAnne’s mothers restaurant and then made a phone call to place a take out order, “Is Meg busy? Yes I’ll hold.”

Michelle hung onto the phone for a moment before Meg answered, “Hello Meg? This is Michelle; we haven’t had a chance to meet yet. I’m going to be meeting LeAnne for lunch and was wondering if I could place two to go orders, one of something really special for LeAnne, and whatever you have that’s good for me?”

“Michelle, dear, I’m from the South - it’s all good!” Meg’s teasing voice responded warmly. “But I know just the thing. Swing by in about, oh, ten minutes, and just tell Laura that it’s for LeAnne. She’ll come find me.”

“Thanks Meg! I can’t wait to eat it. LeAnne made the best breakfast this morning I’ve eaten in ages.” Michelle giggled softly into the phone, “I’m on my way over now. I just dropped Taylor off at the mall,” she added, turning onto the strip of road that led to the restaurant.

“I look forward to meeting you, dear. You’ve certainly made an impression on LeAnne,” she responded cheerfully.

Michelle said her goodbyes really quickly, as she pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and waited a few more minutes to go inside. As she entered , she was blown away by how beautiful it the decor looked inside, approaching the register. “I’m here for an order for LeAnne.”

“Oh, just one second,” the young woman behind the counter answered nervously and raced off, poking her head around a blind corner for just a moment before returning to the front again. Just behind her was a middle-aged woman bearing a striking family resemblance to LeAnne, except for her darker hair, carrying two sealed styrofoam packages balanced easily on one hand.

She smiled and, with her other hand, wrapped an arm around Michelle’s neck. “This one’s on the house dear. Well, LeAnne’s usually are anyway.” She winked. “Fresh cheddar biscuits, batter-dipped smothered steak and potatoes with a side of steamed mixed veggies.”

Michelle smiled. “So you’re LeAnne’s mom. I guess that makes you mom then..” She grinned. “Thanks but I can’t take it for free. Gosh it smells so good though.”

“Oh, I insist. We take care of our own, sweetie, and now that LeAnne’s finally found someone she feels comfortable enough with someone to actually date again...” She smiled broadly. “Welcome to the family, dear. It might sound premature, but I know my daughter. I’ve never seen her so happy as when she left last night.”

“You and your husband, and the girls should stop over sometime and see the new house, and thank you mom.” Michelle grinned, “I promise to take care of LeAnne, and support her in any direction she wants to take her life. She’s really special to me.”

Meg smiled brightly. “By the way, if you ever need a break just give me a call ok? Sarah’s old enough to take care of herself, and the twins are just a joy to have around. We’d love to have Taylor over any time.

“But I won’t keep you, dear. LeAnne’s waiting for you I’m sure. I just wanted to meet my future daughter-in-law.” She winked, but grinned as she carefully handed over the two meals. “Oh! I almost forgot to ask if you wanted a drink with this? I’ve got LeAnne’s iced tea back in the back-” she started, but the nervous cashier had already approached, holding it out.

“You left this in the back ma’am,” she added, holding out a styrofoam cup with a secure lid and straw. “Can I get you something?” she asked, glancing at Michelle and smiling warmly.

“Oh, um a diet coke?” Michelle asked. “And thank you. It’s Michelle by the way.”

“No problem! Oh, um, I’m Laura. Nice to meet you,” she answered, and then turned to race back to the back. Margaret laughed softly.

“She’s such an outgoing girl when she’s not behind the register. I think she just gets nervous handling money. But she works hard.”

Laura returned barely a moment later with a fresh, tall drink in hand as well as a recycled cardboard cup holder, which she inserted LeAnne’s iced tea glass into, setting both neatly on top of the stacked meal boxes before returning to her duties at the register.

“Thanks Laura, “ Michelle answered, slipping her a ten dollar tip, “And thanks mom. I’ll definitely make sure to come by and visit you again.”

Laura giggled as she stared at the tip, a little surprised. Meg grinned. “I think you just made her week,” she whispered, adding, “Anytime dear. I’m usually here during the rush, at least until I can coax a professional chef with management experience to move to our little slice of heaven here.”

Michelle grinned. “It shouldn’t be hard. Just tell them that everyone here is so darn friendly,” she mused, grabbing the food and the drink tray. “I’d best be off to LeAnne.”

“Give her my regards dear, and have a wonderful date-” she paused, “Oops, I mean ‘day’.” She grinned innocently as she turned to step back into the kitchen.

Michelle got into her car and started off to the hospital just as she got another text this one was from LeAnne asking if she was on her way. Michelle couldn’t help resist the urge, so she texted back “Yes, and I got us some McDs Angus burgrs. :-) 10mins.”

“At least we’re @ good place 4 hrt atk ;-) C U @lobby,” LeAnne texted back, probably giggling at that point.

Michelle pulled into the hospital visiting parking in her brand new Shelby and got out, carrying two styrofoam containers and a cup holders with two drinks, entering the Lobby she looked around and spotted LeAnne. “Ah there you are. All you interns look the same,” she teased.

“Hey you!” LeAnne giggled as she wrapped Michelle in a hug, giving her a light kiss in full view of the nurse she had been chatting with only a moment or two earlier. “Gawd that smells so much better than an Angus burger.”

Michelle kissed back softly, “Your mom made them special for us, and a special ice tea for you as well.”

“She knows me, what can I say,” LeAnne giggled. “Smells like... Mmm.. Smothered steak with onion sauce. Let’s get up to the roof before everyone comes running to sneak a bite,” she teased.

Michelle giggled, “Hospital vultures. And I forgot my repellent,” she joked, following LeAnne to the elevator.

As the doors opened, a young blonde-haired woman dressed in light pink scrubs smiled at the pair. “Ooh, LeAnne’s Mom’s been cooking again,” the woman - barely 18 in appearance, teased as she slipped past the two. LeAnne giggled, but scratched her head as she watched her leave.

Michelle giggled, “Which one was that? I think I’ve seen her here before.”

“She looks kinda familiar, but I don’t really recognize her. I thought I knew everybody here. She might just be a new girl,” she added. “News of my mother’s cooking does travel fast.”

“Oh Well, lets go get this food eaten. I’m starving.” Michelle giggled.

LeAnne pressed the button for the roof and stepped back, pressing her back against the elevator wall. “So how was Kingsley?”

“Eventful. Talked to mom and dad’s lawyer, got a friend to move all their stuff to the house, and I need to call the Real estate agent to put it on the market, and Sweet Pea has more clothes and Toys then I ever did.” Michelle smiled.

LeAnne giggled as she wrapped an arm around Michelle and kissed her cheek. “You know if you want to start a stuffed animal collection or anything, y’know, make up for lost time, I wouldn’t think it weird or anything.”

“Oh thanks sweetie. I got a few from the house. Mom wouldn’t let pops throw them out I guess. Oh! We’ve got two new toys as well. A nice Ford van and a new Shelby of the year.” Michelle grinned broadly.

“Wait, you mean those Anniversary models? Holy shit, Michelle. I haven’t even SEEN one! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a motorhead or anything,” she added with a giggle, “But some of the guys I work with, it’s all they can talk about.”

“I wonder if we can see it from the roof? it’s in the parking lot. Oh and Nikki said you’re car is done, so that makes three.”

“Oh, you met Nikki already?” LeAnne giggled. “Can’t wait to get my car back. She said it’d run like new once she was done with it.”

“Yeah we raced from Kings to Alpine.” Michelle giggled.

LeAnne started to laugh. “Oh gawd, that sounds like her all right. That girl loves her cars. She’s the one I was going to introduce you to about selling yours.”

“Yeah I told her about it already. I like her, and I think the old girl will love to be owned by Nikki.” Michelle smiled as the elevator stopped on the roof floor and they both got out.

“She’ll treat it right. Heck, knowing her she might even make it her main car.” LeAnne giggled as she stepped out onto the rooftop. Directly ahead of them a path led through a small rooftop garden in full summer bloom, with a small, open gazebo in one corner.

“God it’s gorgeous up here LeAnne. Thanks for showing me this,” Michelle commented as she followed LeAnne to the gazebo.

“This is kind of my special place. I come up here to think, relax, or just enjoy the view. Hardly anybody even knows about it, which is actually kind of sad. It’s just so pretty, and the view is amazing.” She stopped at the gazebo and giggled.

“Oh, and you can even get a great view of the city from the guard rail - there’s another safety ledge a few feet down with a ladder in case of an accident, so it’s not like a 100% straight drop. The other side’s not as floral though - just a helicopter landing pad over there.”

“Wow, who takes care of all this?” Michelle looked around as they sat down at the picnic table in the gazebo.

“You know, I’m not really sure. I know someone keeps the garden clear of weeds, and rotates the spring and summer flowers, but my schedule keeps me so busy that I’ve never been able to look into it.” She paused to take a sip of her tea and squealed with delight. “Oh gawd that’s good tea! Absolutely perfect!” Her eyes widened as she opened her food tray. “Oooh my goodness, I forgot about Momma’s cheddar biscuits!”

Michelle grinned as she opened her container with food. “All I did was called your mom and asked if she could make something you would love, and something for me as well, and this is what she whipped out for us.”

LeAnne giggled. “She’s so sweet. You know if she could have her way, she’d have us over for dinner every single night.” LeAnne leaned over and kissed Michelle’s cheek. “Thank you for going to meet her. I know it probably wasn’t easy.”

“You’re mother welcomed me into the family, and we just only met. She’s a sweet woman, and I feel really comfortable calling her Mom, plus she doesn’t seem to mind.” Michelle smiled.

“She’s been through a lot, not just with Sarah, but with Daddy, and in some ways, with me. I think she’s ready for us all to have some stability in our lives.”

“I don’t think you’re dad would love the fact he's got two daughters dating girls.” Michelle frowned as she took a bite of her food.

“Well, honestly, he’s got no room to complain at this point. I told you about what happened between them, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that, but hey, at least you still have two parents, and one loving mother.” Michelle grinned, “Who seems very keen on us being together for a long time, since she said I was her future daughter in-law.”

LeAnne giggled, blushing. “Oh Gawd, she really said that?”

Michelle nodded as she sipped her soda. “Yes she did. So what do you want me to fix for dinner tonight?” changing the subject.

“Momma knows me too well,” LeAnne sighed thoughtfully and giggled, nuzzling into Michelle’s shoulder as she bit off a piece of mouth-watering, tender steak. “Mmm, surprise me?” LeAnne asked with a grin.

“Won’t be anything this good; you like liver?” Michelle giggled.

“Chicken or beef?” LeAnne replied with a grin.

“Beef. They didn’t have any chicken liver. Liver, mushrooms and sauteed onions.”

“That sounds good. The only problem I have with chicken liver is … um, well...” She started giggling again. “Remember I’m from the South. Down there we use chicken liver as fish bait to catch catfish with, if we can’t find worms. So ever since I was a kid I’ve never been able to eat chicken liver because of that.”

Michelle giggled, “I’d love to go see where you’re from sometime. It sounds so interesting in the south.” giving LeAnne a soft kiss.

“It’s definitely a different paced lifestyle. It’s not all great, but it’s not all bad either. Just very … different. Honestly I’d love to go back sometime, see what’s changed, meet my brother’s girlfriend and see how Daddy’s gettin’ on. I haven’t even met his new wife, but both Sarah and Ricky’ve told me she’s a great woman.”

“Maybe this summer if you can get time off from the hospital?” Michelle smiled as she ate some more of her food.

“Sure, that’d be great,” LeAnne answered happily as she tore into one of her cheese biscuits. “I’m here voluntarily for extra credit anyway, plus the head nurse likes me, so it should be a cinch to get some time off whenever I want it.”

“Well I don't want to take away from your extra credit. I’m thinking of getting the professor to let me test out of the rest of my summer courses anyway.” Michelle smiled.

“Nah, it wouldn’t affect anything really. Like I said, the head nurse likes me.” LeAnne giggled. “Plus I’ve been thinking about taking August off anyway and just … letting my brain rest for the next semester.”

“Thats what I wanted to do. I mean I’ve been packing summer classes in left and right so I don’t have to take them later, but I need to relax for the semester before I fry myself out you know.” giving LeAnne a grin.

“Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Before Sarah came to live here I almost burned myself out because I was just going constantly so I wouldn’t have to think about... What?” she finally asked, laughing at Michelle’s grin.

“What’s so funny?” Michelle giggled.

“That look,” LeAnne giggled now too. “It’s that ‘Do I say something?’ look. Oh gawd,” she laughed, wiping her chin with her hand. “That’s the thing about Momma’s cheddar biscuits. Some people put the cheese in the dough - Mom melts it right on the hot biscuits instead,” she giggled.

“Do you think your mom would watch Taylor while we went on vacation? I know we just got her, but I’d like to do this for just the two of us. That’s what I was sort of thinking, and that Taylor just made some new friends here, so she might not want to go with us anyway.”

“Oh, absolutely. Sarah’s away in Ireland right now, but she should be back before long. In the meantime she can use Sarah’s bed, plus she seems to like Em and Beth. I think she’d be okay. I wouldn’t want to pull her away from her new friends so soon anyway.”

“Me either, she needs them just as much as she needs me or you, but I think she would want us to go and get to know each other better and have some fun as well.” Michelle smiled as she sipped her soda.

“Fun, huh?” LeAnne teased, grinning innocently.

“Oh God, you’re one of those.” Michelle giggled as she poked LeAnne’s arm.

“What? You don’t like playing license plate bingo?” LeAnne shot back, still grinning. “Nah, in all seriousness though I think it’s a great idea, as long as we make sure she always has a way to call us day or night.

“We can alternate charging our phones, stuff like that, and let her know that we’re doing it. As long as she knows that we’re not abandoning her. Maybe even give her permission to do something while we’re away, like a sleepover at her friends’ house or something.”

“Sounds great, We just have to ok it with mom first.” Michelle grinned loving calling LeAnne’s mom, ‘mom’. “So you tell me when you want to do this, but it can’t be tomorrow, got that meeting with Bethany from Sunshine.” giving LeAnne a grin again as she ate more of her food.

“That soon?” LeAnne giggled. “Um, sure, how about the Tuesday after next weekend? That’ll give me time to get everything in order, and give you another week of bonding time with Sweet Pea. Plus we’ll have the twins for that weekend since Mom and Peter are going to take a couple of days away.”

She giggled as she finished off her meal, placing the plastic spork inside the box. She leaned close to kiss Michelle again. “I love you. I haven’t told Momma about your past or anything - figured it’s not my place to tell her, but she knows how I feel about you, obviously, and she’s okay with ‘us’.”

“Thats what I was thinking, but I wanted you to be the one to plan the date for us to go.” Michelle smiled, “as for the Twins, I almost forgot about that, and as for Mom knowing about me, if she asks I’ll tell her the truth.” giving LeAnne a kiss as she finished her food as well.

“I don’t think it’ll ever come up. You’re naturally poised and very... not just ‘feminine’, but ‘female’. It’s why I’m still kind of surprised I’m so attracted to you.” She giggled again. “There’s just something about you that drives me wild, and now that I know it’s there I can’t ignore it, even for a second. Not … that I want to ignore it,” she added quickly and grinned.

“ANYWAY!” LeAnne bubbled happily as she sood, grabbing Michelle’s hand and pulling her over to the guard rail. “You have to see this before you go.”

“Oh wow,” Michelle whispered, resting her head on LeAnne’s shoulder. “You know what? I think this day just got a little more perfect.”

LeAnne giggled as she leaned on the rail. “You can see almost the entire city from up here. Observing in the ER is stressful as hell. I gotta believe whoever keeps up this garden up here gets the same sense of peace I do. Anyhow,” she paused to smile at Michelle. “I should get back downstairs soon.”

“I’ll see you when you get done, and we can discuss our vacation plans with Taylor when you get home.” Michelle smiled back at LeAnne as she reluctantly pulled away.

“I’ll see you this afternoon sweet thang.” LeAnne grinned. “Gonna have someone drop me off at Nikki’s so I can get my car.”

“Ok; if i’m not home I went to go pick up Taylor from the mall. Love you LeAnne.” Michelle smiled as she went to the elevator and pressed the lobby button on her way out of the Lobby she stopped at the trash to throw away the food containers.

“Love you too,” LeAnne giggled as she turned back to enjoy the view for a minute or two more. “Thank you God in heaven, for unanswered prayers, and for the answered ones too.” She giggled softly as she hopped down away from the rail, picked up her half-finished iced tea, and strolled back to the elevator, humming softly.

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Differences?

I have read this over in the robinverse and here and other than the title I haven't seen any differences. Not that I'm complaining it's a wonderful story to add to the robinverse anyways :D.

Somehow the parts that where

Somehow the parts that where suppose to be be for each site got added to the story on both sites :/ Next book this issue wont happen again I promise :/ That kinda ruined it *Sighs* Oh well :) I'm glad you all enjoyed Taylor's story, and want to see another book with her Michelle, and LeAnne :)


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!

More, please?

YES, YES, YES! More of Taylor, Michelle and Leanne, please? Fantastic story and it really doesn't FEEL complete, yet. There's soooo much more can be done with these girls. I can't wait to follow up on their lives.

Hugs,
Erica

looking forward

im looking forward to more of michelle, lea ann, and taylor either on their own or in robin verse. this was great. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Phone?

I thought Michelle was going to get LeAnne a new cell phone. Did this happen between her dropping Taylor off at the mall and getting lunch? I really enjoy this story arc and hope to see more.

Huggles,

Winnie
Winnie_small.jpg

The Web

Teek's picture

Oh the web you weave. I have really enjoyed the Taylor character and look forward to seeing what you do with her. Taylor, Em, and Beth are all characters that are now ripe for development.

I was surprised to see that Nikki knows about the family magic, including what happened to Sarah. I think this is the first time you have mentioned her knowledge of such things (but I could be wrong about that, it is hard to keep track of everything through all of the stories in the universe). Bethany is driving me nuts, I can't remember enough about her. When she showed up with Faith, I was struggling to recall her placement in the Faith collection of workers. You two always make my brain work. Thanks. I enjoy it.

Keep writing, Keep Smiling, and Keep Love in your Heart.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Gotta take notes :(

Cindy Lou's picture

I'm really glad that GRS isn't possible yet. Wouldn't it be like brain surgery? TG language can be so confusing with the words changing meanings. I think I'll always think of Gender as mental or spiritual identification and sex as the physical parts or sexual preference. I thought almost everybody thought that way. I figure I get to be about 60% feminine (gender, inner female) but have to be 80% male (body with a few female genetic and parts stuff). I coulda had SRS except for cancer issues... ya know, there's a little yellow light on the dashboard that says SRS. Something about not slipping, I think.

I enjoy the story even though I lose track in the series of who's who. The way my mind works (or doesn't), I need a character list or to take notes. Is that why they call it a universe? It takes Faith to keep track, hee hee.

Thanks for the story.